Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» assay
What are the things you wish to upgrade/do for your FORTE? - Page 8 Empty4th August 2011, 10:13 pm by Guest

» APP Leading Website Generator
What are the things you wish to upgrade/do for your FORTE? - Page 8 Empty4th August 2011, 11:47 am by Guest

» check-up
What are the things you wish to upgrade/do for your FORTE? - Page 8 Empty4th August 2011, 10:03 am by Guest

» Blu-ray to iPad Ripper lift Blu glimmer DVD movies quest of iPad
What are the things you wish to upgrade/do for your FORTE? - Page 8 Empty4th August 2011, 8:24 am by Guest

» ubiquitous
What are the things you wish to upgrade/do for your FORTE? - Page 8 Empty4th August 2011, 6:07 am by Guest

» South african indian dating. Nz internet dating.
What are the things you wish to upgrade/do for your FORTE? - Page 8 Empty3rd August 2011, 8:57 pm by Guest

» WHAT CREEPY IDEA ON YOUTUBE HASN'T ALREADY BEEN DONE YET?
What are the things you wish to upgrade/do for your FORTE? - Page 8 Empty3rd August 2011, 7:30 pm by Guest

» buy facebook fan f8
What are the things you wish to upgrade/do for your FORTE? - Page 8 Empty3rd August 2011, 3:15 pm by Guest

» division
What are the things you wish to upgrade/do for your FORTE? - Page 8 Empty3rd August 2011, 11:43 am by Guest

RSS feeds

MSN 

What are the things you wish to upgrade/do for your FORTE?

+35
balonglong_1979
tiny
leo
Leonard
longisland
Fortei
thrillman
Dar
HoLH123
Terrier
ForKia
saturnz^83
newsman
eraser
nothing
Pegasus
zlement
bushi_do
Real.SHIN
muff
nocash
lawrenceke
BluRz
highmount
greatgazoo
kapitan
andikong
m
Juz@kid
dandeana21
Fortec
tish
Melfiend
luvxiaobeng
impact2001
39 posters

Page 8 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

What are the things you wish to upgrade/do for your FORTE? - Page 8 Empty Re: What are the things you wish to upgrade/do for your FORTE?

Post by longisland 3rd May 2009, 6:59 pm

Hi fella owners,

I'm getting my ride soon and i'm thinking of sealing the paintwork so that the shine can last long long. Anybody have good recommendations on paint protection system? I heard there are quite a feq in the market with good outcome; CSII, AG5, Toughseal and 3M. Any one here have tried before?

Cheerios Surprised
longisland
longisland

Back to top Go down

What are the things you wish to upgrade/do for your FORTE? - Page 8 Empty Re: What are the things you wish to upgrade/do for your FORTE?

Post by tish 4th May 2009, 10:12 am

muff wrote:What are the things you wish to upgrade/do for your FORTE? - Page 8 Attenn10

change to this type of antenna ?
i also saw this fin antenna from another website. not sure is it really stock from other country kia. coz it like a replica of bmw's
tish
tish

Back to top Go down

Post by Leonard 12th May 2009, 12:41 am

things i wanna do ..

1) Window tinting (but still finding lobang in advance; not sure if MO will work here)
2) Change front car plate to be at the side or at least the 'long' type compare to the square type
3) Change headlight to smt more brighter compared to the dull yellow -.-
4) Radio Antenna maybe make it looks shorter smarter .

others nth to worry , cuz the new batch i book has BK + Retractable mirror + 17"
Leonard
Leonard

Back to top Go down

Post by Juz@kid 12th May 2009, 12:45 am

bro leo... dun tink item no 1 will work for MO coz alot of ppl here get sunfilm foc from SE.
Juz@kid
Juz@kid

Back to top Go down

Post by Leonard 12th May 2009, 1:55 am

correct . Solar film is given FOC ..
but then , it's a cheap Rikecool if i'm not wrong .
i tot of upgrading smt better , will help block more UV thus save the load of the aircon = Better FC
Leonard
Leonard

Back to top Go down

Post by nothing 12th May 2009, 9:44 am

Actually even KM also using Rike Cool for Honda.....
nothing
nothing

Back to top Go down

Post by Leonard 12th May 2009, 1:30 pm

yeah ..
but free things are neva good ..
good things are neva free .
at least wad i think for the solar film .
cuz i can't see which part of the film will block UV ?
lyk machiam block 10%
was thinking autobacs to do .. they got 1 package $168
Yi Lu Fa ?
Leonard
Leonard

Back to top Go down

Post by newsman 12th May 2009, 1:33 pm

Leonard wrote:yeah ..
but free things are neva good ..
good things are neva free .
at least wad i think for the solar film .
cuz i can't see which part of the film will block UV ?
lyk machiam block 10%
was thinking autobacs to do .. they got 1 package $168
Yi Lu Fa ?

My SE FOC Thermal Guard is 99% UV reject but Heat reject less than 20% according to Manufacturer wedsite.

Can feel the Heat....
so go for those with above 50% Heat rejection but think will coat a BOMB Exclamation
newsman
newsman

Back to top Go down

Post by luvxiaobeng 12th May 2009, 1:35 pm

Ok .... leonard bro.... So far if you heard one of the bro saying about the solar flim.... I would say if you one a good 1 go for V Kool.... coz it is tested n proven.... Other brands are like they say how many how many percentage 1 lor... so is up to u to believe or not.... Rike cool is actually a pretty well known brand.... but wat u have is the lowest quality of their brand..... So wat i think is if you want to change, muz well save up n do V Kool
luvxiaobeng
luvxiaobeng

Back to top Go down

Post by Leonard 12th May 2009, 1:45 pm

correct .
V Kool is wad i'm thinking .
but back at autobacs , they stated dunno wad Silver Package . must go there to believe .
hmm ..
UV Vs. Heat ..
i think i rather eliminate Heat . actually 1 of my other reason for havin Solar Film is due to spice up the Appearance of the car .
Leonard
Leonard

Back to top Go down

Post by leo 12th May 2009, 3:13 pm

anyone wants to change airfilter?...

leo

Back to top Go down

Post by tish 12th May 2009, 4:20 pm

i want to use K&N only when my filter is due
tish
tish

Back to top Go down

Post by nothing 12th May 2009, 5:06 pm

stock filter the best, times up, just throw n change...tried KnN, Apexi open pod, etc...best is still stock unless u mod many items...
nothing
nothing

Back to top Go down

Post by Fortec 12th May 2009, 5:23 pm

Better air intake results in more oxygen burn = more FC but u should have a bit of better performance nevertheless.

Stock is enough for me liao haha...
Fortec
Fortec

Back to top Go down

Post by leo 12th May 2009, 5:50 pm

what about strut bar then?...

or take out the cat converter?...

leo

Back to top Go down

Post by tish 12th May 2009, 6:22 pm

ehh how strut bar comes into play with filter or FC ?
tish
tish

Back to top Go down

Post by nothing 12th May 2009, 6:31 pm

use paper strut bar, every sevicing throw n change...haha..just kidding lol!
nothing
nothing

Back to top Go down

Post by leo 12th May 2009, 6:38 pm

just for consideration..hehehe

leo

Back to top Go down

Post by Fortec 12th May 2009, 6:38 pm

leo wrote:what about strut bar then?...

or take out the cat converter?...

Strut bar adds more weight only mah...but u get better body rigidness.

Cat converter? U want to kill mama earth faster ar? Also very loud without cat converter leh.
Fortec
Fortec

Back to top Go down

Post by tish 12th May 2009, 6:54 pm

cannot be le, with the exhaust can behind, the noise will still be filter away.

i hack my own class 2 bike honey comb before. no difference, power wise... hhaha NO DIFF clown
tish
tish

Back to top Go down

Post by tiny 12th May 2009, 7:10 pm

I would like to clarify my experiences on air filter. True, more air + more fuel == worse FC.

But it's not the case in reality. The purpose of a air filter is to filter the undesirable particles from the atmosphere so that harmful stuff won't go into your engine. However, stock filters are very restrictive. Some horsepower is actually WASTED in trying to suck air through a restrictive air filter. Since our engine is Natural Aspirated, the movement of the pistons generate a vacuum in order to suck ambient air in, and a restrictive filter is like you trying to do a 2.4km run in a NBC gas mask. You actually waste energy trying to suck the air in for your useage.

So an less restrictive filter actually frees up the horsepower which was wasted in the first place, and it'll also help in engine response. I've tried with K&N panel filters, Hurrican panel filters and Simota open pod filters. The panel filters which replace the stock filter got me approximately 0.5km/l more, and better throttle response. Low end response is actually improved.

The open pod filter totally killed the low end, where below 3k rpm you can rev like hell but the car has not much power.. only to get slightly more power from the top end. Some people might think this is quite 'kick' as they like to rev, but it wastes energy and petrol..and you won't go any faster. You only SEEM like u are going faster. Open pod filters are better suited for turbo or supercharged cars, where the forced aspirated engines need as little restriction as possible without needing for intake resonators.

tiny

Back to top Go down

Post by tish 12th May 2009, 8:00 pm

wow, very informative Smile
tish
tish

Back to top Go down

Post by Terrier 12th May 2009, 8:07 pm

wow now i know what he name himself 'tiny'

tiny = xiao xiao (in chinese)

in hokkien is mai siao siao =)
Terrier
Terrier

Back to top Go down

Post by tiny 12th May 2009, 8:17 pm

I was very crazy about cars about 10yrs ago..200kph in Singapore was a regular affair for me on open roads..now everywhere jam, petrol go up 60%, pigs with camera on all the overhead bridges, and older and (hopefully) wiser now..Just drive to go for supper and work.

Now I know what the old birds told me 10yrs ago.."don't bother to zhng your car so much, no matter how powerful also no use..just do up your ICE and enjoy your car".

tiny

Back to top Go down

Post by Melfiend 12th May 2009, 8:53 pm

tiny wrote:I was very crazy about cars about 10yrs ago..200kph in Singapore was a regular affair for me on open roads..now everywhere jam, petrol go up 60%, pigs with camera on all the overhead bridges, and older and (hopefully) wiser now..Just drive to go for supper and work.

Now I know what the old birds told me 10yrs ago.."don't bother to zhng your car so much, no matter how powerful also no use..just do up your ICE and enjoy your car".

words of wisdom..
Melfiend
Melfiend

Back to top Go down

Post by nothing 12th May 2009, 9:13 pm

tiny wrote:I was very crazy about cars about 10yrs ago..200kph in Singapore was a regular affair for me on open roads..now everywhere jam, petrol go up 60%, pigs with camera on all the overhead bridges, and older and (hopefully) wiser now..Just drive to go for supper and work.

U the man!! cheers
nothing
nothing

Back to top Go down

Post by balonglong_1979 12th May 2009, 9:19 pm

has anyone bored their throttle body / valve ? Twisted Evil

balonglong_1979

Back to top Go down

Post by greatgazoo 12th May 2009, 9:28 pm

nothing wrote:

U the man!! cheers

Yes I can see that you are wiser now nothing cheers This is Singapore and where you see is Tax Evil or Very Mad
greatgazoo
greatgazoo

Back to top Go down

Post by nocash 12th May 2009, 10:49 pm

S'pore is a FINE city.
nocash
nocash

Back to top Go down

Post by tiny 13th May 2009, 3:13 am

balonglong_1979 wrote:has anyone bored their throttle body / valve ? Twisted Evil

Bore-ing Throttle body is useless if the butterfly valve is the same size, cuz that's ultimately the choke-point..if the mod cannot increase the butterfly valve side, it's actually better to simply buy a bigger throttle body.

tiny

Back to top Go down

Post by leo 13th May 2009, 12:50 pm

i wonder if K&N or HKS got drop in filter for Forte yet?...

leo

Back to top Go down

Post by tish 13th May 2009, 1:48 pm

balonglong_1979 wrote:has anyone bored their throttle body / valve ? Twisted Evil
Shocked Shocked big balls i mean bore already become TYPE F not TYPE R lol
tish
tish

Back to top Go down

Post by tish 13th May 2009, 1:49 pm

tiny wrote:

Bore-ing Throttle body is useless if the butterfly valve is the same size, cuz that's ultimately the choke-point..if the mod cannot increase the butterfly valve side, it's actually better to simply buy a bigger throttle body.

i was advised to open the butterfly valve fully but i didnt do that. so if didnt mod the valve can also remove it or open fully
tish
tish

Back to top Go down

Post by eraser 13th May 2009, 8:42 pm

Stainless steel filter = alot of dust in engine
K&N = alot of oil particles after filter (very well explained in hurrican webby) Example from fren was hunting of rpm during idling due to dirty air sensor
Below was a test done with a mix of filters
http://www.mkiv.com/techarticles/filters_test/2/

eraser

Back to top Go down

Post by newsman 13th May 2009, 11:48 pm

EX 1.6 Auto. Just clone a spare Flip Key @ $45 from Turf City with Newton Auto Key. Friendly young man n took 45 mins to file, clone n test. No KIA Badge so was given many choice fr BMW, Audi, Mitsu, Honda etc.

Close my eye n took a Citreon Badge. The Flip Key is folded into the Remote casing n need to depress a button n flip the key out for use. A Little to Fat but nice looking ! bounce
newsman
newsman

Back to top Go down

Post by HoLH123 13th May 2009, 11:51 pm

newsman wrote:EX 1.6 Auto. Just clone a spare Flip Key @ $45 from Turf City with Newton Auto Key. Friendly young man n took 45 mins to file, clone n test. No KIA Badge so was given many choice fr BMW, Audi, Mitsu, Honda etc.

Close my eye n took a Citreon Badge. The Flip Key is folded into the Remote casing n need to depress a button n flip the key out for use. A Little to Fat but nice looking ! bounce

i also wanted to clone one after i get my car.
mind post a pic of your flip key? Smile

HoLH123

Back to top Go down

Post by newsman 14th May 2009, 12:32 am

What are the things you wish to upgrade/do for your FORTE? - Page 8 2keyseWhat are the things you wish to upgrade/do for your FORTE? - Page 8 Flip2What are the things you wish to upgrade/do for your FORTE? - Page 8 Flip3
newsman
newsman

Back to top Go down

Post by nothing 14th May 2009, 9:25 am

he also re-program your auto lock, unlock etc onto the new set of flip key remote?
nothing
nothing

Back to top Go down

Post by HoLH123 14th May 2009, 11:50 am

i'm really curious on how the do the programming on the flip key

HoLH123

Back to top Go down

Post by luvxiaobeng 14th May 2009, 11:58 am

Bro Newsman..... Notice that there is a open boot button.... Since Forte don't have, wat is tat button used for????
luvxiaobeng
luvxiaobeng

Back to top Go down

Post by HoLH123 14th May 2009, 12:00 pm

correct me if i'm wrong...
i think that button only works on SX version.
For EX, its just for show Smile

HoLH123

Back to top Go down

Post by leo 14th May 2009, 12:30 pm

eh i tot its comes with the boot opener function also?

leo

Back to top Go down

Post by Flarea 14th May 2009, 12:56 pm

only the SX has the remote boot opening function.
Flarea
Flarea

Back to top Go down

Post by nothing 14th May 2009, 2:49 pm

I was asking beside replicate the key, how he reprogram the functions to the new key?
nothing
nothing

Back to top Go down

Post by newsman 14th May 2009, 4:13 pm

What are the things you wish to upgrade/do for your FORTE? - Page 8 2keyse
See 3 button:
Top n Bottom both same same function like yr Original BIG GREEN Button.

Centre Boot Opener Signage : Same same as yr small black button...basically is a ALARM for locating / search in crowded n Big CP or Light up in darkness...in unlite park, beach etc.

A few choice to choose. Open after 11am n inform Kelvin u r fr Car Forum...than it is $45 otherwise chop carrot @ above $50. No KIA logo so b prepare to choose fr BMW, Honda, Mitsu, Audi n i choose Citreon.
newsman
newsman

Back to top Go down

Post by tish 14th May 2009, 4:21 pm

nice , got other car remote pic? hehe
tish
tish

Back to top Go down

Post by newsman 14th May 2009, 4:41 pm

tish wrote:nice , got other car remote pic? hehe

Only 2-3 type for FORTE with Flip. No Flip got some more. It is on display @ Counter.
Didn't take pic ley.
Many ,,,think as least 20 others types but may not b suitable for Forte key.

Oh...Kelvin got a Electronic Machine to chk n read yr Forte remote signal n copy the same into new Flip remote.
newsman
newsman

Back to top Go down

Post by tish 14th May 2009, 4:55 pm

wow, technology so fierce....

can i borrow the machine to my friend's bmw and copy the code when he open door ? hehe
tish
tish

Back to top Go down

Post by nothing 14th May 2009, 5:59 pm

Imagine actually no need reprograme, the flip type remote can read the same frequency of your aftermarket lock/unlock system....meaning someone can use it to unlock yr car except cannot start and drive away... Shocked
nothing
nothing

Back to top Go down

Post by loveforte 14th May 2009, 6:53 pm

i tink first 2 things i will do is change away the stock kumho 17" tires and get a set of bridgestone re050 and get URES!
loveforte
loveforte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next