Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» assay
What are the things you wish to upgrade/do for your FORTE? - Page 5 Empty4th August 2011, 10:13 pm by Guest

» APP Leading Website Generator
What are the things you wish to upgrade/do for your FORTE? - Page 5 Empty4th August 2011, 11:47 am by Guest

» check-up
What are the things you wish to upgrade/do for your FORTE? - Page 5 Empty4th August 2011, 10:03 am by Guest

» Blu-ray to iPad Ripper lift Blu glimmer DVD movies quest of iPad
What are the things you wish to upgrade/do for your FORTE? - Page 5 Empty4th August 2011, 8:24 am by Guest

» ubiquitous
What are the things you wish to upgrade/do for your FORTE? - Page 5 Empty4th August 2011, 6:07 am by Guest

» South african indian dating. Nz internet dating.
What are the things you wish to upgrade/do for your FORTE? - Page 5 Empty3rd August 2011, 8:57 pm by Guest

» WHAT CREEPY IDEA ON YOUTUBE HASN'T ALREADY BEEN DONE YET?
What are the things you wish to upgrade/do for your FORTE? - Page 5 Empty3rd August 2011, 7:30 pm by Guest

» buy facebook fan f8
What are the things you wish to upgrade/do for your FORTE? - Page 5 Empty3rd August 2011, 3:15 pm by Guest

» division
What are the things you wish to upgrade/do for your FORTE? - Page 5 Empty3rd August 2011, 11:43 am by Guest

RSS feeds

MSN 

What are the things you wish to upgrade/do for your FORTE?

+35
balonglong_1979
tiny
leo
Leonard
longisland
Fortei
thrillman
Dar
HoLH123
Terrier
ForKia
saturnz^83
newsman
eraser
nothing
Pegasus
zlement
bushi_do
Real.SHIN
muff
nocash
lawrenceke
BluRz
highmount
greatgazoo
kapitan
andikong
m
Juz@kid
dandeana21
Fortec
tish
Melfiend
luvxiaobeng
impact2001
39 posters

Page 5 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

What are the things you wish to upgrade/do for your FORTE? - Page 5 Empty Re: What are the things you wish to upgrade/do for your FORTE?

Post by greatgazoo 28th April 2009, 1:03 am

Okay, we see ya there andikong cheers Fortec, you going wif me together?
greatgazoo
greatgazoo

Back to top Go down

What are the things you wish to upgrade/do for your FORTE? - Page 5 Empty Re: What are the things you wish to upgrade/do for your FORTE?

Post by Fortec 28th April 2009, 1:03 am

btw greatgazoo, u still going IMM since u done ur auto mirrors Razz
Fortec
Fortec

Back to top Go down

Post by Fortec 28th April 2009, 1:05 am

greatgazoo wrote:Okay, we see ya there andikong cheers Fortec, you going wif me together?

Will meet u at kallang straight, nearer from my workplace.
Fortec
Fortec

Back to top Go down

Post by greatgazoo 28th April 2009, 1:05 am

I hvn't do the mirror yet. Not going to imm liao, cos appt change to thur to do my mirror.
greatgazoo
greatgazoo

Back to top Go down

Post by andikong 28th April 2009, 1:07 am

Fortec wrote:Neighbour plus plus! What a Face ...you stayed near kallang area?

Yes Bro Fortec, I stay around Kampong Arang Area opposite BMW workshop.
We set it on sat 3.30pm, I will bring all my cutting tools and board.

Don't park at MacDonald, Park on the right side of MacDonald. a more shady lot and
more comfortable

Last edited by andikong on 28th April 2009, 1:13 am; edited 1 time in total
andikong
andikong

Back to top Go down

Post by Fortec 28th April 2009, 1:07 am

greatgazoo wrote:I hvn't do the mirror yet. Not going to imm liao, cos appt change to thur to do my mirror.

Okies.
Fortec
Fortec

Back to top Go down

Post by nothing 28th April 2009, 10:10 am

andikong wrote:
muff wrote:Anyone know if the aircon for our Forte are factory fitted or locally fitted ?

Hi muff,
I DIY fixing the rubber insulator to the air -con piping. I paid $2/= for the 2m rubber insulator and $7/=for a can of black adhesive. Now I feel really very nice and cooling to drive,
thanks for for putting up this thread.
I think our Forte air-con is factory fitted, because no two competitive car agent will use the same
contractor to fit the unit. Both Avente and Forte unit look similar in order of running in the engine compartment.
Don't you think so. Will post pics of my mod after I run in tomorrow.

Hi, may I know what's the brand of adhesive to use? Initially I thought can just wrap around the piping and secure with cable ties, didn't know need to apply adhesive....we are talking wrapping the cold pipe right?
nothing
nothing

Back to top Go down

Post by muff 28th April 2009, 10:47 am

for me I only wrap the cold pipe and did not use any adhesive on it.
waiting for andikong to post his pics......
muff
muff

Back to top Go down

Post by nothing 28th April 2009, 12:12 pm

muff wrote:for me I only wrap the cold pipe and did not use any adhesive on it.
waiting for andikong to post his pics......

adhesive will be kind of messy if we need to change the insulator piping....
nothing
nothing

Back to top Go down

Post by muff 28th April 2009, 12:18 pm

me think so too.... better to see andikong pics first...
muff
muff

Back to top Go down

Post by muff 28th April 2009, 12:56 pm

noticed that the aircon pipes in my house are all insulated.

remember reading this somewhere :
someone mentioned that his house aircon not cold and first advice given was to check on the pipe insulation especially on the outdoor portion for any damage.....

Any Bro/Sis here working in the aircon industrial that like to share/comments on this mod?
muff
muff

Back to top Go down

Post by tish 28th April 2009, 1:32 pm

guys, is it better to insulate then use aluminum tapes? i think it will look nicer and act as a insulator too?
tish
tish

Back to top Go down

Post by muff 28th April 2009, 3:28 pm

don't think aluminum tape will be suitable to be used as a heat insulator for the aircon cold pipe. Think aluminium is a good conductor for heat leh.....the above foam type of insulator is widely used in the commercial world for aircon pipes......
muff
muff

Back to top Go down

Post by andikong 28th April 2009, 4:38 pm

[quote="nothing"]
andikong wrote:
muff wrote:Anyone know if the aircon for our Forte are factory fitted or locally fitted ?

Hi muff,
Hi, may I know what's the brand of adhesive to use? Initially I thought can just wrap around the piping and secure with cable ties, didn't know need to apply adhesive....we are talking wrapping the cold pipe right?

Hi muff and nothing,
The adhesive I used is a black rubber adhesive, from the same company that supply the rubber insulator. No messy fingers, very simple applications and very neat. Will post pics later afternoon,
processing pics now!
andikong
andikong

Back to top Go down

Post by Juz@kid 28th April 2009, 4:41 pm

pic... bounce pic... bounce pic... bounce
Juz@kid
Juz@kid

Back to top Go down

Post by Fortec 28th April 2009, 5:13 pm

Andi, I might be late for sat meet up. My wife got an appt with the gyne at 1pm. Hopefully the queue isn't too long, will rush there asap.
Fortec
Fortec

Back to top Go down

Post by saturnz^83 28th April 2009, 5:32 pm

Was tinking to upgrade my rims to 17" as mine is EX Model, only comes with 15". Not sure where got sell cheap and good tyres and rims Smile
saturnz^83
saturnz^83

Back to top Go down

Post by andikong 28th April 2009, 6:20 pm

Juz@kid wrote:pic... bounce pic... bounce pic... bounce
Pic after the installation
https://2img.net/h/i613.photobucket.com/albums/tt215/andikong/Some%20Fruit%20Pictures/FinalPic1.jpg

Pic before installation
https://2img.net/h/i613.photobucket.com/albums/tt215/andikong/Some%20Fruit%20Pictures/FortePic1.jpg

I have cover-up the cable ties with another black foam tape bought from the same supplier.
Just to make it looks neat instead of exposing all the cable ties.

Last edited by andikong on 28th April 2009, 6:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
andikong
andikong

Back to top Go down

Post by andikong 28th April 2009, 6:24 pm

Fortec wrote:Andi, I might be late for sat meet up. My wife got an appt with the gyne at 1pm. Hopefully the queue isn't too long, will rush there asap.
Hey Fortec don't rush, I"ll wait for you till you ready.
Do see my Pics I posted on my reply.
andikong
andikong

Back to top Go down

Post by muff 28th April 2009, 6:37 pm

very good workmanship.... Very Happy
muff
muff

Back to top Go down

Post by muff 28th April 2009, 6:39 pm

saturnz^83 wrote:Was tinking to upgrade my rims to 17" as mine is EX Model, only comes with 15". Not sure where got sell cheap and good tyres and rims Smile

someone in Mycarforum selling original Forte 17" rims & tires for $700......
muff
muff

Back to top Go down

Post by andikong 28th April 2009, 6:40 pm

muff wrote:very good workmanship.... Very Happy
Thanks ! just a little bit of my handicraft work. HeHe!
andikong
andikong

Back to top Go down

Post by Fortec 28th April 2009, 6:47 pm

That's very neatly done!

Yeah I'll be there rain or shine.
Fortec
Fortec

Back to top Go down

Post by greatgazoo 28th April 2009, 10:31 pm

Fortec wrote:That's very neatly done!

Yeah I'll be there rain or shine.

I will wait for you there too.
greatgazoo
greatgazoo

Back to top Go down

Post by greatgazoo 28th April 2009, 10:32 pm

muff wrote:
saturnz^83 wrote:Was tinking to upgrade my rims to 17" as mine is EX Model, only comes with 15". Not sure where got sell cheap and good tyres and rims Smile

Mad This guy is obviously trying to eat people money.
greatgazoo
greatgazoo

Back to top Go down

Post by muff 29th April 2009, 12:08 am

actually quite reasonable lah.... Forte 17'' rim is made of alloy steel (supposedly lighter) and also with 17" low profile tires......some more it is almost brand new.... Very Happy

I would have consider it for my EX if not for the fact that I've already upgraded mine to 16" tires & rims.....
muff
muff

Back to top Go down

Post by Fortec 29th April 2009, 3:48 am

muff wrote:actually quite reasonable lah.... Forte 17'' rim is made of alloy steel (supposedly lighter) and also with 17" low profile tires......some more it is almost brand new.... Very Happy

I would have consider it for my EX if not for the fact that I've already upgraded mine to 16" tires & rims.....

The stock rims are worth almost to nothing when trade in leh...if not that guy won't be trying to sell it instead of just trading them in for his new set of rims ler.
Fortec
Fortec

Back to top Go down

Post by Juz@kid 29th April 2009, 5:58 am

andikong wrote:
https://2img.net/h/i613.photobucket.com/albums/tt215/andikong/Some%20Fruit%20Pictures/FinalPic1.jpg

Pic before installation
https://2img.net/h/i613.photobucket.com/albums/tt215/andikong/Some%20Fruit%20Pictures/FortePic1.jpg

I have cover-up the cable ties with another black foam tape bought from the same supplier.

ah kong.... very nicely done. will need ur expert advice n guidance to do e aircon piping when i got my car. appreciate ur effort n sharing ur picz cheers
Juz@kid
Juz@kid

Back to top Go down

Post by ForKia 29th April 2009, 9:12 am

Hi muff, how much is your upgrade for the 16" rim and tires after trade in. 8)

ForKia

Back to top Go down

Post by nothing 29th April 2009, 9:27 am

greatgazoo wrote:
muff wrote:

500-600 will be more reasonable....this discount will be given when u trade in...
nothing
nothing

Back to top Go down

Post by Fortec 29th April 2009, 10:00 am

Btw, what's the typical price for lowered springs in SG? I've checked around and no one seem to have Forte aftermarket fit on ones yet.

Only exception is Mancando, however it won't arrived until next month end.
Fortec
Fortec

Back to top Go down

Post by saturnz^83 29th April 2009, 10:31 am

nothing wrote:
greatgazoo wrote:
muff wrote:

500-600 will be more reasonable....this discount will be given when u trade in...

Autobacs also got sell rims and tyres but quite expensive sia..do all tyre shops accept trade-in old rims?
saturnz^83
saturnz^83

Back to top Go down

Post by muff 29th April 2009, 10:41 am

ForKia wrote:Hi muff, how much is your upgrade for the 16" rim and tires after trade in. 8)

me pay $650 for 16" taiwan rim + Falken 912 tires after trade-in my 15" rim and tire.
muff
muff

Back to top Go down

Post by Fortec 29th April 2009, 10:58 am

muff wrote:
ForKia wrote:Hi muff, how much is your upgrade for the 16" rim and tires after trade in. 8)

me pay $650 for 16" taiwan rim + Falken 912 tires after trade-in my 15" rim and tire.

Muff, U change the spare one as well?
Fortec
Fortec

Back to top Go down

Post by muff 29th April 2009, 11:03 am

no leh....EX spare tire is the smaller cute cute looking type...
muff
muff

Back to top Go down

Post by tish 29th April 2009, 11:07 am

muff wrote:

i dont know anout the tyres, but my friend change his 15" honda stock rims n tyres to 16" rim and tyres at poh heng for $450.
tish
tish

Back to top Go down

Post by Fortec 29th April 2009, 11:09 am

muff wrote:no leh....EX spare tire is the smaller cute cute looking type...

Me too, I am thinking of putting the spare tyre in my store room unless I am going some far far ulu place.

If I ain't wrong, Honda fit or jazz don't have spare tyres also.
Fortec
Fortec

Back to top Go down

Post by tish 29th April 2009, 11:12 am

muff wrote:actually quite reasonable lah.... Forte 17'' rim is made of alloy steel (supposedly lighter) and also with 17" low profile tires......some more it is almost brand new.... Very Happy

so u mean our stock 17" are lighter and better in material compared to stock 16" 15" ?

anyone knows the stock rim weights?
tish
tish

Back to top Go down

Post by Fortec 29th April 2009, 11:17 am

tish wrote:
muff wrote:

i dont know anout the tyres, but my friend change his 15" honda stock rims n tyres to 16" rim and tyres at poh heng for $450.

The prices will vary on alot of factors:

1) Stock rims value (nicer ones, branded ones more)
2) Stock tires value (Condition, brand)
3) New Rim (Brand, design)
4) New tires (New, Reconditioned 2nd hand, brand)
5) Variation in prices at different shops
6) Bargaining
7) Shop policies (some shops don't do trade in, some only take in at flat rate regardless of rims, some bargainable)

Btw, I came across a forum topic regarding Poh Heng and Soh Bros on MyCarForums, those interested in changing their rims at that two shops can get a bit of feel for the shops services and feedback by the forum users there.
Fortec
Fortec

Back to top Go down

Post by muff 29th April 2009, 11:18 am

tish wrote:
muff wrote:

me changed at Poh Heng also.......think me kena "chop carrot head" oredi.....
muff
muff

Back to top Go down

Post by Fortec 29th April 2009, 11:22 am

tish wrote:

so u mean our stock 17" are lighter and better in material compared to stock 16" 15" ?

anyone knows the stock rim weights?

Didn't weigh the rim that day, but I'll let you know the weight with tire on for the stock rim later.
Fortec
Fortec

Back to top Go down

Post by muff 29th April 2009, 11:31 am

is stated in the brochure (last page) that 15" is steel wheel and 17" is alloy wheel......btw the 15" wheels for the EX are locally fitted and 17" wheels factory fitted.
muff
muff

Back to top Go down

Post by Fortec 29th April 2009, 11:39 am

Forte 17" Stock Rim and Tire

215/45R17 87H Kumos Solus

Rim - 17J7
offset - 50
Weight - 20.25Kg (with tire on)

Last edited by Fortec on 29th April 2009, 11:50 am; edited 1 time in total
Fortec
Fortec

Back to top Go down

Post by andikong 29th April 2009, 11:43 am

Juz@kid wrote:
andikong wrote:

Pic before installation

ah kong.... very nicely done. will need ur expert advice n guidance to do e aircon piping when i got my car. appreciate ur effort n sharing ur picz cheers

Hi Juz@kid,
When are you getting your ride, i hope soon! By that time when i help you to do the air-con insulator, i will be an expert lio.
andikong
andikong

Back to top Go down

Post by muff 29th April 2009, 11:51 am

interesting.........wonder wat's the weight of those aftermarket rim & tire.....anyone changing their rim next? Pls provide yr feedback for sharing.......
muff
muff

Back to top Go down

Post by Fortec 29th April 2009, 11:52 am

andikong wrote:
Juz@kid wrote:
andikong wrote:

Pic before installation

Hi Juz@kid,
When are you getting your ride, i hope soon! By that time when i help you to do the air-con insulator, i will be an expert lio.

What a Face I think so too haha!
Fortec
Fortec

Back to top Go down

Post by muff 29th April 2009, 12:08 pm

me going Mancando shortly, my EX need more poisons...... : Laughing
muff
muff

Back to top Go down

Post by Fortec 29th April 2009, 12:19 pm

muff wrote:me going Mancando shortly, my EX need more poisons...... : Laughing

Can u ask about the lowered springs??? I forgot to ask them how much mm will be shaved off the standard height.
Fortec
Fortec

Back to top Go down

Post by tish 29th April 2009, 12:19 pm

Fortec wrote:Forte 17" Stock Rim and Tire

215/45R17 87H Kumos Solus

Rim - 17J7
offset - 50
Weight - 20.25Kg (with tire on)

thanks for the info...

1 rim/wheel set = 20.25 kg

1 car has to rotate 81kg of tyre n rims Shocked
tish
tish

Back to top Go down

Post by tish 29th April 2009, 12:20 pm

Fortec wrote:
muff wrote:me going Mancando shortly, my EX need more poisons...... : Laughing

Can u ask about the lowered springs??? I forgot to ask them how much mm will be shaved off the standard height.

u mean those lower spring u guys are talking are cutting of or a new set?

whole set of just spring ?
tish
tish

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next