Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» assay
What are the things you wish to upgrade/do for your FORTE? - Page 4 Empty4th August 2011, 10:13 pm by Guest

» APP Leading Website Generator
What are the things you wish to upgrade/do for your FORTE? - Page 4 Empty4th August 2011, 11:47 am by Guest

» check-up
What are the things you wish to upgrade/do for your FORTE? - Page 4 Empty4th August 2011, 10:03 am by Guest

» Blu-ray to iPad Ripper lift Blu glimmer DVD movies quest of iPad
What are the things you wish to upgrade/do for your FORTE? - Page 4 Empty4th August 2011, 8:24 am by Guest

» ubiquitous
What are the things you wish to upgrade/do for your FORTE? - Page 4 Empty4th August 2011, 6:07 am by Guest

» South african indian dating. Nz internet dating.
What are the things you wish to upgrade/do for your FORTE? - Page 4 Empty3rd August 2011, 8:57 pm by Guest

» WHAT CREEPY IDEA ON YOUTUBE HASN'T ALREADY BEEN DONE YET?
What are the things you wish to upgrade/do for your FORTE? - Page 4 Empty3rd August 2011, 7:30 pm by Guest

» buy facebook fan f8
What are the things you wish to upgrade/do for your FORTE? - Page 4 Empty3rd August 2011, 3:15 pm by Guest

» division
What are the things you wish to upgrade/do for your FORTE? - Page 4 Empty3rd August 2011, 11:43 am by Guest

RSS feeds

MSN 

What are the things you wish to upgrade/do for your FORTE?

+35
balonglong_1979
tiny
leo
Leonard
longisland
Fortei
thrillman
Dar
HoLH123
Terrier
ForKia
saturnz^83
newsman
eraser
nothing
Pegasus
zlement
bushi_do
Real.SHIN
muff
nocash
lawrenceke
BluRz
highmount
greatgazoo
kapitan
andikong
m
Juz@kid
dandeana21
Fortec
tish
Melfiend
luvxiaobeng
impact2001
39 posters

Page 4 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

What are the things you wish to upgrade/do for your FORTE? - Page 4 Empty Re: What are the things you wish to upgrade/do for your FORTE?

Post by nothing 25th April 2009, 11:25 pm

muff wrote:Got one more posion coming.....

will be trying out insulating the aircon pipes within the engine compartment area tomorrow.....was told it work well with the Avante.....

the DIY will be to wrap the aircon's pipe with rubber insulator thus reducing the heat transfer (noticed there is water droplets on the pipe) indirectly reducing the workload of the aircon's compressor.......if you were to look at the aircon's pipes, you will notice that some portion of the pipe are insulated and some portion are just bare metal pipes......I will be insulating the bare portion (wonder why it is not completely covered?)

will post update/feedback after installation.........hopefully there will be improvement......

basically the bare piping section serve a purpose as already mentioned for heat transfer, wrapping it may be counter-effective....
nothing
nothing

Back to top Go down

What are the things you wish to upgrade/do for your FORTE? - Page 4 Empty Re: What are the things you wish to upgrade/do for your FORTE?

Post by eraser 26th April 2009, 1:32 am

Anyone who is changing the rim remember to weigh the KIA rim and share with us. tks

eraser

Back to top Go down

Post by Juz@kid 26th April 2009, 11:51 am

do tyre shop got weighing machine???? scratch
Juz@kid
Juz@kid

Back to top Go down

Post by andikong 26th April 2009, 1:25 pm

muff wrote:Just DIY mine.....total cost less than $4.....

refer to the below for picture and write-up by members from the Avante club :

http://clubavante.informe.com/forum/diy-aircon-pipe-isulation-dt788.html

Muff, I agree with you on your mod of the air-con piping.
My previous ride is a Toyota Collora 2002 model and I have been using it for six and half
years (never top-up gas) and the air-con is as cold as our new Forte. I do remember
the piping was completely covered with the rubber insulator end to end.

I will do the modification as what you have done.

Thanks, and this a very vital issue for all Forte owners.
andikong
andikong

Back to top Go down

Post by eraser 26th April 2009, 8:16 pm

Juz@kid wrote:do tyre shop got weighing machine???? scratch

Should have bah, if not can bring a bathroom weighing machine. This information is good when choosing new rims hehe

eraser

Back to top Go down

Post by Juz@kid 26th April 2009, 8:38 pm

eraser wrote:

Should have bah, if not can bring a bathroom weighing machine. This information is good when choosing new rims hehe

bring bathroom weighing machine!!! bro,, u serious har lol! hahahaha...
Juz@kid
Juz@kid

Back to top Go down

Post by eraser 26th April 2009, 9:49 pm

Yup serious haha. Unless I find the grip of the tires are bad, if not I don't think I would change the rim till it is 2 yrs old. So can change together with tires. And also just incase I scratched it... at least I know not heart pain. Said all these, in the end may be swayed by poison Suspect
Therefore forum and meetups are bad for wallets Evil or Very Mad keke

eraser

Back to top Go down

Post by Pegasus 26th April 2009, 11:18 pm

[url=http://clubavante.informe.com/forum/diy-aircon-pipe-isulation-dt788.html
http://clubavante.informe.com/forum/diy-aircon-pipe-isulation-dt788.html[/quote[/url]]

Hi muff,

2 metres of the 3/4" pipe insulatior is enough for Forte? Thanks.

Pegasus

Back to top Go down

Post by nothing 27th April 2009, 9:06 am

eraser wrote:

read somewhere that our stock 17" with tires weight at 25kg each.....four at 100Kg affraid
nothing
nothing

Back to top Go down

Post by Fortec 27th April 2009, 9:53 am

Changed my stock 17" yesterday, there was alot of difference in movement and expression of the mech when he carried the stock to the shop and the new rims out of the shop so I suppose the stocks are pretty heavy.

Start off is slightly better than previously, not that sluggish feel anymore otherwise pretty much the same during travel.

One thing that bothers me though, is that the ride is much quieter and steering is significant smoother after the change with balancing.
Makes me wonder if C&C even bother to do that for the cars prior to collection. Before the rims change, I noticed the ride was not very quiet and steering is not smooth at higher speed above 100km/h-120km/h. After the change, today travel was quiet and smooth.

I didn't use new tyres, juz swap the old stocks one over the new rims. So it can't be the new rims as they are of the same dia and width as old one nor tyres since they are stock.

What u guys think of it?
Fortec
Fortec

Back to top Go down

Post by muff 27th April 2009, 10:55 am

[quote="Pegasus"]

http://clubavante.informe.com/forum/diy-aircon-pipe-isulation-dt788.html[/quote]

Hi muff,

2 metres of the 3/4" pipe insulatior is enough for Forte? Thanks.

Yes, 2 meter enought......actually still got spare abit...
muff
muff

Back to top Go down

Post by kapitan 27th April 2009, 10:58 am

Fortec wrote:Changed my stock 17" yesterday, there was alot of difference in movement and expression of the mech when he carried the stock to the shop and the new rims out of the shop so I suppose the stocks are pretty heavy.

Start off is slightly better than previously, not that sluggish feel anymore otherwise pretty much the same during travel.

One thing that bothers me though, is that the ride is much quieter and steering is significant smoother after the change with balancing.
Makes me wonder if C&C even bother to do that for the cars prior to collection. Before the rims change, I noticed the ride was not very quiet and steering is not smooth at higher speed above 100km/h-120km/h. After the change, today travel was quiet and smooth.

I didn't use new tyres, juz swap the old stocks one over the new rims. So it can't be the new rims as they are of the same dia and width as old one nor tyres since they are stock.

What u guys think of it?

From your pictures, it look like the offset is lower with the new rims, i.e. they protude more then stock.. this may have contributed to your handling....
kapitan
kapitan

Back to top Go down

Post by nothing 27th April 2009, 11:38 am

Fortec wrote:Changed my stock 17" yesterday, there was alot of difference in movement and expression of the mech when he carried the stock to the shop and the new rims out of the shop so I suppose the stocks are pretty heavy.

What u guys think of it?

How much did u pay for the rims after trade in of the original rims? Very Happy
nothing
nothing

Back to top Go down

Post by Fortec 27th April 2009, 5:08 pm

kapitan wrote:

What u guys think of it?

From your pictures, it look like the offset is lower with the new rims, i.e. they protude more then stock.. this may have contributed to your handling....

The offset for the stock and new rims are same at 50, the spokes of the rims are convex hence looks a bit protruding. Weight wise, the stock need 2 hands to lift and new ones 1hand...quite alot of difference.
Fortec
Fortec

Back to top Go down

Post by nothing 27th April 2009, 5:25 pm

Fortec wrote:
kapitan wrote:

What u guys think of it?

The offset for the stock and new rims are same at 50, the spokes of the rims are convex hence looks a bit protruding. Weight wise, the stock need 2 hands to lift and new ones 1hand...quite alot of difference.

u didn't change the spare to the same lighter rim, can save some weight Laughing as mentioned that the ride experience better handling, maybe the balancing of the OEM tires wasn't done properly....
nothing
nothing

Back to top Go down

Post by Fortec 27th April 2009, 5:49 pm

ya tot of that too...can also use for rotation...might juz go down and get it change too.
Fortec
Fortec

Back to top Go down

Post by muff 27th April 2009, 9:57 pm

Anyone know if the aircon for our Forte are factory fitted or locally fitted ?
muff
muff

Back to top Go down

Post by andikong 27th April 2009, 10:57 pm

muff wrote:Anyone know if the aircon for our Forte are factory fitted or locally fitted ?

Hi muff,
I DIY fixing the rubber insulator to the air -con piping. I paid $2/= for the 2m rubber insulator and $7/=for a can of black adhesive. Now I feel really very nice and cooling to drive,
thanks for for putting up this thread.
I think our Forte air-con is factory fitted, because no two competitive car agent will use the same
contractor to fit the unit. Both Avente and Forte unit look similar in order of running in the engine compartment.
Don't you think so. Will post pics of my mod after I run in tomorrow.
andikong
andikong

Back to top Go down

Post by muff 27th April 2009, 11:20 pm

yes , the Avante and Forte look identical cause they are basically the same cAR. Sharing the same platform and engine (Avante Gamma I & Forte Gamma II) if you look closer you will find a lot more things looks identical ....

btw it seems to me that the engine have slightly more power this afternoon, could it be that engine need not drive the aircon compressor so hard now?
muff
muff

Back to top Go down

Post by newsman 27th April 2009, 11:36 pm

<table cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><tr><td width="100%"></TD>
<td vAlign=top noWrap>What are the things you wish to upgrade/do for your FORTE? - Page 4 Icon_abuse What are the things you wish to upgrade/do for your FORTE? - Page 4 Icon_quote </TD></TR>
<tr><td colSpan=2></TD></TR>
<tr><td colSpan=2>DIY my aircon pipe with insulation.
drove down to Refrigeration [Ubi] 35 Ubi Crescent (S)408585
to get my Armaflex pipe insulator, when back to my MSCP and started my project.

Time taken - 30mins (excluding 1hr of waiting time to cool off the engine - took the chance to wash my car)
Total - $2.30SGD for 2M of Armaflex (excluding petrol to NE refrigeration)

What are the things you wish to upgrade/do for your FORTE? - Page 4 Picture006
What are the things you wish to upgrade/do for your FORTE? - Page 4 Picture005

heres the pictures before insulating - [/size]notice the thicker pipes[size=9] on the left is the aircon pipe

What are the things you wish to upgrade/do for your FORTE? - Page 4 Picture001
What are the things you wish to upgrade/do for your FORTE? - Page 4 Picture002

heres after wat i have done with Armaflex and cable ties!!!

What are the things you wish to upgrade/do for your FORTE? - Page 4 Picture003
What are the things you wish to upgrade/do for your FORTE? - Page 4 Picture004

conclusion after and 45mins of noon driving and 30mins of night driving.

usually in the day
21 degree at fan 2
now set to 23 degree fan 2 (feeling the same at this degree after insulate from the previous settings)

usually in the night
21 degree at fan 1
now set to 23 degree fan 1 (feeling the same at this degree after insulate from the previous settings)
</TD></TR></TABLE>
newsman
newsman

Back to top Go down

Post by tish 27th April 2009, 11:46 pm

andikong wrote:
muff wrote:Anyone know if the aircon for our Forte are factory fitted or locally fitted ?

Hi muff,
I DIY fixing the rubber insulator to the air -con piping. I paid $2/= for the 2m rubber insulator and $7/=for a can of black adhesive. Now I feel really very nice and cooling to drive,
I think our Forte air-con is factory fitted, because no two competitive car agent will use the same
contractor to fit the unit. Both Avente and Forte unit look similar in order of running in the engine compartment.

Bro, hard to diy? mind show some pics Smile interested to do too
tish
tish

Back to top Go down

Post by andikong 27th April 2009, 11:52 pm

muff wrote:yes , the Avante and Forte look identical cause they are basically the same cAR. Sharing the same platform and engine (Avante Gamma I & Forte Gamma II) if you look closer you will find a lot more things looks identical ....

btw it seems to me that the engine have slightly more power this afternoon, could it be that engine need not drive the aircon compressor so hard now?

Well I think so! because the compressor need not work so hard now (after fixing the insulator).

I also discovered that when I went for 1000k service. The service guy at C&C set the air-con temp to the lowest level when I collected my car.. I suspect something is not right to the air-con unit.
andikong
andikong

Back to top Go down

Post by greatgazoo 27th April 2009, 11:53 pm

I thinks is easy, jus get the material and cut it to the right size and use cable ties to faster it rite cheers
greatgazoo
greatgazoo

Back to top Go down

Post by andikong 28th April 2009, 12:03 am

tish wrote:
andikong wrote:

Hi muff,

Hey Tish, is not hard to fix, just a little hand work and slight dirty fingers
I still have 1m of the insulator and 3/4 tin of adhesive left I can also past on to you.

P.S. for your info I am the oldest member in this forum, a long kept secret.
If I can do it, you can do it too! Now, I am the coolest Forte driver in town!
andikong
andikong

Back to top Go down

Post by tish 28th April 2009, 12:03 am

newsman wrote:
Nicely done bro,,, but the pics only see half.. think forum got problem
tish
tish

Back to top Go down

Post by tish 28th April 2009, 12:07 am

andikong wrote:
tish wrote:
andikong wrote:

Hi muff,

I still have 1m of the insulator and 3/4 tin of adhesive left I can also past on to you.

I also got a secret i keep very long, im actually the youngest driver here in terms of looks hehehhehe jocolor

Thanks for ur offer, but my ride not here yet:( Maybe u can pass to other bro here who wants it who has their ride now? U can always let me know again where to get so i can get when my car is here.

thansk alot for ur offer!!! Very Happy

letss keep our secret to ourselves ok hehe lol!
tish
tish

Back to top Go down

Post by andikong 28th April 2009, 12:16 am

tish wrote:
andikong wrote:
tish wrote:
andikong wrote:

Hi muff,

I also got a secret i keep very long, im actually the youngest driver here in terms of looks hehehhehe jocolor

Thanks for ur offer, but my ride not here yet:( Maybe u can pass to other bro here who wants it who has their ride now? U can always let me know again where to get so i can get when my car is here.

thansk alot for ur offer!!! Very Happy

letss keep our secret to ourselves ok hehe lol!

Yeh! the Youngest and the oldest, we still can communicate and no generation gap.
See you all Forte drivers at the nearest meeting where by I can join in.
andikong
andikong

Back to top Go down

Post by greatgazoo 28th April 2009, 12:27 am

lol! I heard that I heard that. Andikong can pass to me?
greatgazoo
greatgazoo

Back to top Go down

Post by Fortec 28th April 2009, 12:30 am

greatgazoo wrote:lol! I heard that I heard that. Andikong can pass to me?

Neighbour get a piece too? lol!
Fortec
Fortec

Back to top Go down

Post by andikong 28th April 2009, 12:31 am

No problem! where you like to pick it up, I am in the east. How about Kallang MacDonald?
Do it ASAP and enjoy a cool Forte Ride! Very Happy
andikong
andikong

Back to top Go down

Post by greatgazoo 28th April 2009, 12:35 am

Cool! when? Kallang my favourite place lol!
greatgazoo
greatgazoo

Back to top Go down

Post by andikong 28th April 2009, 12:37 am

Fortec wrote:

Neighbour get a piece too? lol!

No problem too bro Fortec. What is $2/=! I will compliment you the 2m Armaflex.
andikong
andikong

Back to top Go down

Post by Fortec 28th April 2009, 12:39 am

thx champ! I am looking forward to the next meet up already!!!! All the intoxications we gonna get!! Wahaha
Fortec
Fortec

Back to top Go down

Post by greatgazoo 28th April 2009, 12:41 am

Fortec wrote:thx champ! I am looking forward to the next meet up already!!!! All the intoxications we gonna get!! Wahaha

I tink i dun wana wait till next meet up liao. We meet asap lol! Bro andikong you free this week?
greatgazoo
greatgazoo

Back to top Go down

Post by andikong 28th April 2009, 12:42 am

greatgazoo wrote:Cool! when? Kallang my favourite place lol!

You set the date and time, I 'll try to match you and at the same time take a look at my simple mod
very clean cut.

You know why? I am a designer, I like DIY and doing it neat and simple.
andikong
andikong

Back to top Go down

Post by greatgazoo 28th April 2009, 12:44 am

Wah, I like designer but in the end become an accountant which I dun like Crying or Very sad

How about Sat? I will pull my neighbour along.
greatgazoo
greatgazoo

Back to top Go down

Post by andikong 28th April 2009, 12:46 am

greatgazoo wrote:
Fortec wrote:thx champ! I am looking forward to the next meet up already!!!! All the intoxications we gonna get!! Wahaha

I tink i dun wana wait till next meet up liao. We meet asap lol! Bro andikong you free this week?
Yes! I will purchase the Armaflex tomorrow, and will meet up together with greatgazoo at the same place. Share the adhesive. its very good and fast dry. no messy fingers
andikong
andikong

Back to top Go down

Post by Fortec 28th April 2009, 12:46 am

Neighbour plus plus! What a Face ...you stayed near kallang area?

Last edited by Fortec on 28th April 2009, 12:48 am; edited 1 time in total
Fortec
Fortec

Back to top Go down

Post by greatgazoo 28th April 2009, 12:47 am

Wow, thanks You very much Bro! Do we have to go buy the cable tie? And Sat what time?
greatgazoo
greatgazoo

Back to top Go down

Post by greatgazoo 28th April 2009, 12:48 am

Fortec wrote:Count me in too!

Bro I already say will pull you along leh.
greatgazoo
greatgazoo

Back to top Go down

Post by Fortec 28th April 2009, 12:49 am

greatgazoo wrote:
Fortec wrote:Count me in too!

Bro I already say will pull you along leh.

Neighbour plus plus! alien
Fortec
Fortec

Back to top Go down

Post by andikong 28th April 2009, 12:50 am

greatgazoo wrote:Wah, I like designer but in the end become an accountant which I dun like Crying or Very sad

Saturday OK for me, morning Between 10am to 11am not so hot @ Kallang MacDonald.
Bro Fortec can you make it?
andikong
andikong

Back to top Go down

Post by greatgazoo 28th April 2009, 12:51 am

Me no problem. At the same time can show you my auto-fold mirror also.
greatgazoo
greatgazoo

Back to top Go down

Post by Fortec 28th April 2009, 12:53 am

greatgazoo wrote:Me no problem. At the same time can show you my auto-fold mirror also.

Wah u got it done already..so fast!
Fortec
Fortec

Back to top Go down

Post by Fortec 28th April 2009, 12:55 am

andikong wrote:
greatgazoo wrote:Wah, I like designer but in the end become an accountant which I dun like Crying or Very sad

Saturday OK for me, morning Between 10am to 11am not so hot @ Kallang MacDonald.
Bro Fortec can you make it?

Unfortunately I got to work on sat, just go ahead without me bah. I will learn from Greatgazoo after he come back from "Wudang Shan".
Fortec
Fortec

Back to top Go down

Post by greatgazoo 28th April 2009, 12:57 am

Or Andikong, issit possible to make it 3.30pm?
greatgazoo
greatgazoo

Back to top Go down

Post by andikong 28th April 2009, 12:58 am

greatgazoo wrote:Wow, thanks You very much Bro! Do we have to go buy the cable tie? And Sat what time?

Yes! black or Dark colour cable ties. For fully tighting the rubber insulator after applying the adhesive.
One more thing, you don't need to wait for the engine to cool down, just get ready a piece of dry cloth
dry up the water vapor around the pipes and proceed, Aprox 1 hr job, Done.
Arrow Can you buy the cable ties! Razz
andikong
andikong

Back to top Go down

Post by andikong 28th April 2009, 1:00 am

greatgazoo wrote:Or Andikong, issit possible to make it 3.30pm?

For me it's OK! How about bro Fortec?
andikong
andikong

Back to top Go down

Post by greatgazoo 28th April 2009, 1:02 am

No problem. I will get the cable tie. So is it possible we meet you 3.30pm at Kallang Mac or you prefer 10am.
greatgazoo
greatgazoo

Back to top Go down

Post by Fortec 28th April 2009, 1:02 am

3:30pm sounds good! Thx for the arrangement guys Very Happy
Fortec
Fortec

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next