Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» assay
What are the things you wish to upgrade/do for your FORTE? - Page 3 Empty4th August 2011, 10:13 pm by Guest

» APP Leading Website Generator
What are the things you wish to upgrade/do for your FORTE? - Page 3 Empty4th August 2011, 11:47 am by Guest

» check-up
What are the things you wish to upgrade/do for your FORTE? - Page 3 Empty4th August 2011, 10:03 am by Guest

» Blu-ray to iPad Ripper lift Blu glimmer DVD movies quest of iPad
What are the things you wish to upgrade/do for your FORTE? - Page 3 Empty4th August 2011, 8:24 am by Guest

» ubiquitous
What are the things you wish to upgrade/do for your FORTE? - Page 3 Empty4th August 2011, 6:07 am by Guest

» South african indian dating. Nz internet dating.
What are the things you wish to upgrade/do for your FORTE? - Page 3 Empty3rd August 2011, 8:57 pm by Guest

» WHAT CREEPY IDEA ON YOUTUBE HASN'T ALREADY BEEN DONE YET?
What are the things you wish to upgrade/do for your FORTE? - Page 3 Empty3rd August 2011, 7:30 pm by Guest

» buy facebook fan f8
What are the things you wish to upgrade/do for your FORTE? - Page 3 Empty3rd August 2011, 3:15 pm by Guest

» division
What are the things you wish to upgrade/do for your FORTE? - Page 3 Empty3rd August 2011, 11:43 am by Guest

RSS feeds

MSN 

What are the things you wish to upgrade/do for your FORTE?

+35
balonglong_1979
tiny
leo
Leonard
longisland
Fortei
thrillman
Dar
HoLH123
Terrier
ForKia
saturnz^83
newsman
eraser
nothing
Pegasus
zlement
bushi_do
Real.SHIN
muff
nocash
lawrenceke
BluRz
highmount
greatgazoo
kapitan
andikong
m
Juz@kid
dandeana21
Fortec
tish
Melfiend
luvxiaobeng
impact2001
39 posters

Page 3 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

What are the things you wish to upgrade/do for your FORTE? - Page 3 Empty Re: What are the things you wish to upgrade/do for your FORTE?

Post by tish 14th April 2009, 1:01 am

thanks bro for sharing your MOD and the workshop doing it. Earn my thanks on behalf of the forum sunny
tish
tish

Back to top Go down

What are the things you wish to upgrade/do for your FORTE? - Page 3 Empty Re: What are the things you wish to upgrade/do for your FORTE?

Post by greatgazoo 14th April 2009, 1:24 am

Ah, me hvnt go Crying or Very sad Too busy with work recently. Hopefully I can go during this week day.
greatgazoo
greatgazoo

Back to top Go down

Post by Juz@kid 14th April 2009, 2:34 am

relakz la bro,,, finish ur work first, no hurry coz we oready got e lobang n a brave volunteer with proven result.
Juz@kid
Juz@kid

Back to top Go down

Post by Real.SHIN 14th April 2009, 10:27 am

tish wrote:Wow, looks like a good investment. Can post some pics to show some example? Very interested since i often go mysia

What are the things you wish to upgrade/do for your FORTE? - Page 3 3lock

It is something like this... There are a few famous brand in the market, ThuLock, Locktech... Try not to get China brand though... Very Happy

Real.SHIN

Back to top Go down

Post by Real.SHIN 14th April 2009, 10:30 am

Another image shows how it looks after installation is done...

What are the things you wish to upgrade/do for your FORTE? - Page 3 Picture%5C2410254614353

U will just need to pull up the handle to lock the brake pedal... I dun think the theft would bother to take times cutting it off~ So u will just need to install this, park your car head in and turn the steering 90 degree to prevent towing away...

Real.SHIN

Back to top Go down

Post by lawrenceke 14th April 2009, 10:54 am

Real.SHIN wrote:Another image shows how it looks after installation is done...

What are the things you wish to upgrade/do for your FORTE? - Page 3 Picture%5C2410254614353

U will just need to pull up the handle to lock the brake pedal... I dun think the theft would bother to take times cutting it off~ So u will just need to install this, park your car head in and turn the steering 90 degree to prevent towing away...

Sorry for my ignorance.. may i ask why lock the brake and not the accelerator pedal too? confused
lawrenceke
lawrenceke

Back to top Go down

Post by Real.SHIN 14th April 2009, 11:04 am

lawrenceke wrote:
Sorry for my ignorance.. may i ask why lock the brake and not the accelerator pedal too? confused

Good question... To be frank, I also dunno if the logic is as below

The installation of this will also install a relay which will need you to depress brake pedal before starting your car... If you didnt do this, imagine you could start your car but you are not able to step on the brake pedal coz it wasnt unlocked yet -> Disastrous.. Embarassed Embarassed

Real.SHIN

Back to top Go down

Post by lawrenceke 14th April 2009, 11:09 am

Real.SHIN wrote:
lawrenceke wrote:

The installation of this will also install a relay which will need you to depress brake pedal before starting your car... If you didnt do this, imagine you could start your car but you are not able to step on the brake pedal coz it wasnt unlocked yet -> Disastrous.. Embarassed Embarassed

But won't it be good tat it locks the accelerator too? The thief cannot drive off just like the wheel lock.. Twisted Evil
lawrenceke
lawrenceke

Back to top Go down

Post by Real.SHIN 14th April 2009, 11:15 am

lawrenceke wrote:
Real.SHIN wrote:
lawrenceke wrote:

But won't it be good tat it locks the accelerator too? The thief cannot drive off just like the wheel lock.. Twisted Evil

Good la... But... I dunno the limitation in designing this... Embarassed BTW... Locktech is a Thailand brand if I am not wrong... So the Thailand ppl invented this...

Real.SHIN

Back to top Go down

Post by lawrenceke 14th April 2009, 11:49 am

best is 3 in 1 lock.. locks the brake, accelerator pedals and wheel.. then freaking best liao.. the thief cannot do anything else except crane shift yr car.. Laughing
lawrenceke
lawrenceke

Back to top Go down

Post by Fortec 14th April 2009, 12:09 pm

Cool idea but I don't think I can bend all the way down to access the locks.

Maybe it's my height and size....lol...
Fortec
Fortec

Back to top Go down

Post by Real.SHIN 14th April 2009, 1:00 pm

Fortec wrote:Cool idea but I don't think I can bend all the way down to access the locks.

Shocked R u sure boh?

Real.SHIN

Back to top Go down

Post by lawrenceke 14th April 2009, 1:03 pm

Fortec wrote:Cool idea but I don't think I can bend all the way down to access the locks.

get yr wife or gf to access lo.. Very Happy
lawrenceke
lawrenceke

Back to top Go down

Post by zlement 14th April 2009, 10:03 pm

muff wrote:
zlement wrote:if e worksmanship is gd then its money well spent... no pt cheaper by few dollars but end product is not satisfactory...

i'm quite interested i tis "courtesy light " leh... which workshop did u went to? do they need to dismantle e door panel? a lot work involved?

Need to dismantle door panel to do wiring and also to cut the opening for the lighting...no complain about the workmanship.

thanx bro.. e light really looks nice.. will go get it done when got free time.. Very Happy
zlement
zlement

Back to top Go down

Post by impact2001 14th April 2009, 10:28 pm

Muff, i had help edit your post.. so pictures can be view directly instead of the links.

Anyway thanks for the sharing
impact2001
impact2001

Back to top Go down

Post by Pegasus 14th April 2009, 10:51 pm

Guys, if you look closely at the top right picture, the lock actually has two arms that locks both the brake & the accelerator pedals.

If the lock is to be there (in unlock position) even while I'm driving, I would not want to install it.
The possiblity of it getting loose and/or obstructing your feet is there (no matter how remote).

Another thing is, although the lock is yellow in color, it may not be easily visible.
I'm subscribed to the idea that these gadgets should be as prominent as possible. It acts as a deterrence. One look through the car windows, they find it troublesome, they go for another car.

Pegasus

Back to top Go down

Post by impact2001 14th April 2009, 10:59 pm

Ya lo... Break in liao then found the car pedals all lock up, I confirm they will feel pissed. U know... normally if they can't steal ur car, they break open ur windows and steal whatever they can grab off.. my old family car kena this before in JB..
impact2001
impact2001

Back to top Go down

Post by muff 14th April 2009, 11:06 pm

impact2001 wrote:Muff, i had help edit your post.. so pictures can be view directly instead of the links.

Anyway thanks for the sharing

Thanks impact2001 & dandeana21.

will post pic on my bonnet insulation mat at a later date ....still pending collection (no ETA yet) ...
muff
muff

Back to top Go down

Post by impact2001 14th April 2009, 11:14 pm

Remember to use the image icon to display ur pictures.. try to resize if the pictures are big..
impact2001
impact2001

Back to top Go down

Post by muff 14th April 2009, 11:17 pm

will try that......thanks.
muff
muff

Back to top Go down

Post by dandeana21 14th April 2009, 11:19 pm

surely can do it wan.. jia you! jia you!
dandeana21
dandeana21

Back to top Go down

Post by impact2001 14th April 2009, 11:25 pm

i recommand "imageshack".. go google it.. User friendly i found..
impact2001
impact2001

Back to top Go down

Post by dandeana21 14th April 2009, 11:28 pm

impact2001 wrote:i recommand "imageshack".. go google it.. User friendly i found..

hmm.. alternatively, you can oso use Moba Photo.. free and easy 2 use oso.. got quite a few useful features like resizing, cropping, fix red eyes, etc..

download link --> http://www.softpedia.com/get/Multimedia/Graphic/Graphic-Editors/MobaPhoto.shtml
dandeana21
dandeana21

Back to top Go down

Post by tish 16th April 2009, 11:04 am

looks good

Real.SHIN wrote:
tish wrote:Wow, looks like a good investment. Can post some pics to show some example? Very interested since i often go mysia

What are the things you wish to upgrade/do for your FORTE? - Page 3 3lock

It is something like this... There are a few famous brand in the market, ThuLock, Locktech... Try not to get China brand though... Very Happy
tish
tish

Back to top Go down

Post by muff 16th April 2009, 9:20 pm

What are the things you wish to upgrade/do for your FORTE? - Page 3 P1040724What are the things you wish to upgrade/do for your FORTE? - Page 3 P1040723just changed my EX key & remote to the 'Flip' type for $45 at turff city...took just 30 minutes...
muff
muff

Back to top Go down

Post by nothing 16th April 2009, 9:44 pm

I thought our key is those flip type...
nothing
nothing

Back to top Go down

Post by muff 16th April 2009, 10:06 pm

mine EX model (first batch)....or are you saying now CnC giving EX this Flip type remote ?
muff
muff

Back to top Go down

Post by nothing 16th April 2009, 10:34 pm

muff wrote:mine EX model (first batch)....or are you saying now CnC giving EX this Flip type remote ?

I thought all model is flip type key......
nothing
nothing

Back to top Go down

Post by muff 16th April 2009, 10:41 pm

Only the SX get the very good looking one.........Ex model get the locally fitted alarm/remote you see on the left....
muff
muff

Back to top Go down

Post by nothing 16th April 2009, 10:55 pm

muff wrote:Only the SX get the very good looking one.........Ex model get the locally fitted alarm/remote you see on the left....

Paiseh... Embarassed
nothing
nothing

Back to top Go down

Post by impact2001 16th April 2009, 10:56 pm

Its just a key after all.. Lol.. no ppl will really look at ur car key.. They more focus on your FORTE...
impact2001
impact2001

Back to top Go down

Post by nothing 16th April 2009, 11:03 pm

[img]http://www.ceratoforte.forumotion.com/general-discussion-for-forte-owners-f2/What are the things you wish to upgrade/do for your FORTE? - Page 3 Kr614[/img]
Guess first thing I will change is rims n tires....still back on 17" but likely into KU31 tires...maybe not the above colour but gunmetal...check with http://www.htyre.com/, was quoted 1.3k before trade in...
nothing
nothing

Back to top Go down

Post by muff 16th April 2009, 11:10 pm

think this colour will look good with metal bronze Forte....
muff
muff

Back to top Go down

Post by greatgazoo 17th April 2009, 12:01 am

Nice! I like it. But dun match my silver cos too dark Crying or Very sad
greatgazoo
greatgazoo

Back to top Go down

Post by impact2001 17th April 2009, 12:04 am

Gun metal will suit silver.
impact2001
impact2001

Back to top Go down

Post by impact2001 17th April 2009, 12:05 am

Metal bronze... very easily able to find combi color.
impact2001
impact2001

Back to top Go down

Post by Fortec 17th April 2009, 12:07 am

Thinking of getting a set of chromes but the cleaning part is making me hesitant.

Any lobang for rims n tyres?

Anyone been to Soh Bros at AMK bfe?
Fortec
Fortec

Back to top Go down

Post by greatgazoo 17th April 2009, 12:12 am

lolz, I thinking of chromes one also. Just imagine both of us park side by side with chrome wheels, shiok.
greatgazoo
greatgazoo

Back to top Go down

Post by greatgazoo 17th April 2009, 12:13 am

impact2001 wrote:Gun metal will suit silver.

What does gun metal colour look like?
greatgazoo
greatgazoo

Back to top Go down

Post by Fortec 17th April 2009, 12:17 am

greatgazoo wrote:lolz, I thinking of chromes one also. Just imagine both of us park side by side with chrome wheels, shiok.

Very Happy~~~ bro, how come u always park same spot one.....I see left see right....nvr see "RESERVED FOR FORTE" sign leh haha.

U bright silver must go for silver or chrome liao......I think 18" or 19" sure very stand out...but I think the butt ride won't be nice.
Fortec
Fortec

Back to top Go down

Post by greatgazoo 17th April 2009, 12:20 am

haha cos I always see no car and I will chop that place lolz nobody can touch. I'm thinking of chrome definately ... Can Forte really fit 18" or 19" ??
greatgazoo
greatgazoo

Back to top Go down

Post by Fortec 17th April 2009, 12:24 am

18 should be ok...not sure about 19 or 20.

Must go tyre shop and check. Have u start shortlisting ur rims to be yet?
Fortec
Fortec

Back to top Go down

Post by greatgazoo 17th April 2009, 12:26 am

I try looking around but hvnt see one that can make me open my eyes lolz Fortec guess we can alway go together to hunt for parts lolz
greatgazoo
greatgazoo

Back to top Go down

Post by Fortec 17th April 2009, 12:27 am

hehe ya...but I have to see how my car color is first bfe I decide what rims to get... It's like marrying a mail to order bride haha.
Fortec
Fortec

Back to top Go down

Post by Juz@kid 17th April 2009, 6:13 am

greatgazoo wrote:
impact2001 wrote:Gun metal will suit silver.

What does gun metal colour look like?

rim sample with gun metal colour..... Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
What are the things you wish to upgrade/do for your FORTE? - Page 3 Exel-b10

What are the things you wish to upgrade/do for your FORTE? - Page 3 Exel-f10
Juz@kid
Juz@kid

Back to top Go down

Post by Juz@kid 17th April 2009, 6:31 am

nothing wrote:[img]http://www.ceratoforte.forumotion.com/general-discussion-for-forte-owners-f2/What are the things you wish to upgrade/do for your FORTE? - Page 3 Kr614[/img]
Guess first thing I will change is rims n tires....still back on 17" but likely into KU31 tires...maybe not the above colour but gunmetal...check with http://www.htyre.com/, was quoted 1.3k before trade in...

emmmm... nice set of rim.. definitely match e metal bronze colour.... juz not sure if its too much bronze after fitted into e car scratch

bro, did u ask how much e original forte rim they take for trade in??
Juz@kid
Juz@kid

Back to top Go down

Post by Fortec 17th April 2009, 7:04 pm

the price 1.3k is with tyres or just rims only?
Fortec
Fortec

Back to top Go down

Post by nothing 17th April 2009, 10:21 pm

Fortec wrote:the price 1.3k is with tyres or just rims only?

1.3k inclusive of 17" rims + KU31 215/45/17 tires, free nitrogen top up...that's before trade in, they need to see your original sets of wheels first....
nothing
nothing

Back to top Go down

Post by muff 24th April 2009, 11:34 pm

Got one more posion coming.....

will be trying out insulating the aircon pipes within the engine compartment area tomorrow.....was told it work well with the Avante.....

the DIY will be to wrap the aircon's pipe with rubber insulator thus reducing the heat transfer (noticed there is water droplets on the pipe) indirectly reducing the workload of the aircon's compressor.......if you were to look at the aircon's pipes, you will notice that some portion of the pipe are insulated and some portion are just bare metal pipes......I will be insulating the bare portion (wonder why it is not completely covered?)

will post update/feedback after installation.........hopefully there will be improvement......
muff
muff

Back to top Go down

Post by muff 25th April 2009, 8:50 pm

Just DIY mine.....total cost less than $4.....

refer to the below for picture and write-up by members from the Avante club :

http://clubavante.informe.com/forum/diy-aircon-pipe-isulation-dt788.html
muff
muff

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next