Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» assay
Solar Film - Page 4 Empty4th August 2011, 10:13 pm by Guest

» APP Leading Website Generator
Solar Film - Page 4 Empty4th August 2011, 11:47 am by Guest

» check-up
Solar Film - Page 4 Empty4th August 2011, 10:03 am by Guest

» Blu-ray to iPad Ripper lift Blu glimmer DVD movies quest of iPad
Solar Film - Page 4 Empty4th August 2011, 8:24 am by Guest

» ubiquitous
Solar Film - Page 4 Empty4th August 2011, 6:07 am by Guest

» South african indian dating. Nz internet dating.
Solar Film - Page 4 Empty3rd August 2011, 8:57 pm by Guest

» WHAT CREEPY IDEA ON YOUTUBE HASN'T ALREADY BEEN DONE YET?
Solar Film - Page 4 Empty3rd August 2011, 7:30 pm by Guest

» buy facebook fan f8
Solar Film - Page 4 Empty3rd August 2011, 3:15 pm by Guest

» division
Solar Film - Page 4 Empty3rd August 2011, 11:43 am by Guest

RSS feeds

MSN 

Solar Film

+66
alpineccm
VoodooEx
beckham23
hellbabe
stasystylez
weehong
treysha
BeanBag
lwlty
hsjose
NiVleK
kqkhlj
kia_cerato_forte
ceratopia
daniu82
joepele
Jason
jimixer
chiewjy
waypoint
purple
oscar33
koayst
humbug
FriesL
dandeana21
nocash
ck7373
Cowstalker
lukester
amerimacka
kenincf
maddriver
greatgazoo
dreamzzlandz
The Blue Cruiser
chengwei
leedevil
turbo4ev
dav2011
tiny
Cypher
Redbean
lawrenceke
dipstick
guerrestellari
hew
ozzie75
mwerkz
scorpey
kapitan
ano57
luvxiaobeng
nothing
keigo
zlement
impact2001
Leonard
muff
nywa78
jkit
graysgerald79
eraser
Terrier
tish
johnkit
70 posters

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Solar Film - Page 4 Empty Re: Solar Film

Post by Cypher 25th June 2009, 4:34 pm

amerimacka wrote:guys, my SE was asking me if wanna top up a bit for the solar film since there is about 20% discount for a better quality. he asked me to search on thermal guard online.

i thought of tinting my rear windows a bit but im not sure if i should. i need some advice here. jin newbie here.

thanks. dogeyes

Thermalguard????? No Hmmmm silent
Cypher
Cypher

Back to top Go down

Post by lukester 25th June 2009, 6:04 pm

i took basic package from thermalguard liao.

behind already very very dark.

plus the rear view mirror anti glare, its very veyr dark liao.
lukester
lukester

Back to top Go down

Post by Cowstalker 25th June 2009, 6:42 pm

zlement wrote:i heard vkool they need to cut a hole at e IU area, but 3M one dun need.. so mayb 3M is a better choice..

Vkool uses some metallice compounds within their films that is why the compound blocks out signals. Those with GPS beware. Some lower end gps might not even be able to get signal under Vkool.

3M uses non metallic compound to make film thats why no need to cut hole.

I have no scientific background regarding whether metallic or non metallic is better but I have used VKool and it is very very good except for the blocking of my gps signal.

Lastly, a darker tint does not = more heat resistant. Darker tint = high % of optical light spectrum being block but not necessarily = higher infraed and IR energy being block. Vkools highest end film is nearly transparent but close to 100% blockage of all heat energy. U should go their workshop and see. Its cool how a transparent film can block out more heat that a super dark one.

Cowstalker

Back to top Go down

Post by ck7373 25th June 2009, 10:00 pm

The free rikecool film (premier 28) from CnC is not very good.....i realised at noon sun, my gps will not be able to start due to high temperature.....my previous car with thermalguard don't have this problem......lousy free film. Suggest those who have yet to collect their ride reject the free film and go outside get better film. I think using a good film in our hot weather is very very very important.....
ck7373
ck7373

Back to top Go down

Post by tish 25th June 2009, 10:27 pm

those who are thinking of getting other solar film please check with C&C if windscreen crack by default, will they cover the film, i scare alot of people are replacing windscreen ....
tish
tish

Back to top Go down

Post by Cowstalker 26th June 2009, 12:54 am

tish wrote:those who are thinking of getting other solar film please check with C&C if windscreen crack by default, will they cover the film, i scare alot of people are replacing windscreen ....

What my SE said was that for Rikecool they are providing, even if windscreen crack 100 times they will replace the film 100 times as long as within warranty period....

For other films no coverage....

Cowstalker

Back to top Go down

Post by nocash 26th June 2009, 8:58 am

Wah....100 times equivalent to 10 times per year affraid
nocash
nocash

Back to top Go down

Post by kenincf 26th June 2009, 9:11 am

Cowstalker wrote:
tish wrote:those who are thinking of getting other solar film please check with C&C if windscreen crack by default, will they cover the film, i scare alot of people are replacing windscreen ....

What my SE said was that for Rikecool they are providing, even if windscreen crack 100 times they will replace the film 100 times as long as within warranty period....

I think your SE just want to persuade you to take Rikecool only. If you want to be sure, you should take to CnC Management, which is what I did. 8)
kenincf
kenincf

Back to top Go down

Post by kenincf 26th June 2009, 9:13 am

weeza77 wrote:
amerimacka wrote:guys, my SE was asking me if wanna top up a bit for the solar film since there is about 20% discount for a better quality. he asked me to search on thermal guard online.

i thought of tinting my rear windows a bit but im not sure if i should. i need some advice here. jin newbie here.

thanks. dogeyes

Agreed with you bro. Hmmm... No ... silent ...
kenincf
kenincf

Back to top Go down

Post by mwerkz 26th June 2009, 11:23 am

Cowstalker wrote:

my SE told me if windscreen crack due to manufacturing defect, their company got insurance for me to claim on my solar film repair even though mine not done thru c&c.

mwerkz

Back to top Go down

Post by ozzie75 26th June 2009, 12:23 pm

mwerkz wrote:
Cowstalker wrote:

my SE told me if windscreen crack due to manufacturing defect, their company got insurance for me to claim on my solar film repair even though mine not done thru c&c.

It's exactly what I was told too.

ozzie75

Back to top Go down

Post by amerimacka 26th June 2009, 10:06 pm

kenincf wrote:
weeza77 wrote:

thanks. dogeyes

Agreed with you bro. Hmmm... No ... silent ...

confused confused confused confused
amerimacka
amerimacka

Back to top Go down

Post by dandeana21 26th June 2009, 10:45 pm

aiya.. so far thermal guard still not so bad lah.. mine's fixed with thermal guard and so far it has blocked out the heat quite a lot.. felt the difference b4 and aft installing..
dandeana21
dandeana21

Back to top Go down

Post by amerimacka 26th June 2009, 11:18 pm

dandeana21 wrote:aiya.. so far thermal guard still not so bad lah.. mine's fixed with thermal guard and so far it has blocked out the heat quite a lot.. felt the difference b4 and aft installing..

Which package you opted for? Question
amerimacka
amerimacka

Back to top Go down

Post by dandeana21 26th June 2009, 11:42 pm

amerimacka wrote:
dandeana21 wrote:aiya.. so far thermal guard still not so bad lah.. mine's fixed with thermal guard and so far it has blocked out the heat quite a lot.. felt the difference b4 and aft installing..

i took the moonlight package.. clown nid 2 top up $200 coz my SE gave me the lowest range type.. Suspect
dandeana21
dandeana21

Back to top Go down

Post by amerimacka 26th June 2009, 11:52 pm

dandeana21 wrote:
amerimacka wrote:

i took the moonlight package.. clown nid 2 top up $200 coz my SE gave me the lowest range type.. Suspect

thumbsup Thank you. My car is EB, not sure if I wanna upgrade from here. pig
amerimacka
amerimacka

Back to top Go down

Post by dandeana21 26th June 2009, 11:57 pm

amerimacka wrote:
dandeana21 wrote:
amerimacka wrote:

thumbsup Thank you. My car is EB, not sure if I wanna upgrade from here. pig

hmmm.. depends on your preference coz for me is that as long as can block off most of the heat... so far, the film had blocked off quite a fair bit of the heat.. grin
dandeana21
dandeana21

Back to top Go down

Post by Cypher 27th June 2009, 12:00 am

I think its not so much about the quality of the film but rather the aftersales service.. silent
Cypher
Cypher

Back to top Go down

Post by dandeana21 27th June 2009, 12:03 am

weeza77 wrote:I think its not so much about the quality of the film but rather the aftersales service.. silent

hhmmm.. true enuf tt aftersales is impt.. but quality is oso something tt i will consider so dat i dun nid 2 go back to the shop often lor.. Razz
dandeana21
dandeana21

Back to top Go down

Post by amerimacka 27th June 2009, 12:05 am

weeza77 wrote:I think its not so much about the quality of the film but rather the aftersales service.. silent

True. farao
amerimacka
amerimacka

Back to top Go down

Post by amerimacka 27th June 2009, 12:07 am

dandeana21 wrote:hmmm.. depends on your preference coz for me is that as long as can block off most of the heat... so far, the film had blocked off quite a fair bit of the heat.. grin

Ok. Will probably check with my SE the cost to topup when I am back in SIN. Thanks for the imput. 8)

Last but not least, can I check if the the windows are done as per described on the website? Like in the side and rear? Question
amerimacka
amerimacka

Back to top Go down

Post by dandeana21 27th June 2009, 12:26 am

amerimacka wrote:
dandeana21 wrote:hmmm.. depends on your preference coz for me is that as long as can block off most of the heat... so far, the film had blocked off quite a fair bit of the heat.. grin

Ok. Will probably check with my SE the cost to topup when I am back in SIN. Thanks for the imput. 8)

Last but not least, can I check if the the windows are done as per described on the website? Like in the side and rear? Question

ah?? describe wat ah??
dandeana21
dandeana21

Back to top Go down

Post by Cypher 27th June 2009, 12:34 am

Check at their website and then go down to the shop to compare...
Cypher
Cypher

Back to top Go down

Post by amerimacka 27th June 2009, 12:46 am

dandeana21 wrote:
ah?? describe wat ah??

haha Shocked i meant how were your windows done?

Moonlight Series

This series of films comes in light blue
colour for the front screen and front two windows and dark blue colour
for the rear screens and all side glasses. Both films reject 99% of UV
rays and 40% of sun heat.
amerimacka
amerimacka

Back to top Go down

Post by dandeana21 27th June 2009, 1:07 am

amerimacka wrote:
dandeana21 wrote:
ah?? describe wat ah??

haha Shocked i meant how were your windows done?

Moonlight Series

This series of films comes in light blue
colour for the front screen and front two windows and dark blue colour
for the rear screens and all side glasses. Both films reject 99% of UV
rays and 40% of sun heat.

ooorrhhh... i chose the greyish color for the back and front, clear.. i remember dey asked me to choose the color.. furthermore my car is Metal bronze.. so i rather have colors to match the car.. otherwise it'll look weird.. i nid to chk the % dat they wrote on the log card which they gave me.. the % shld be the same as quoted..
dandeana21
dandeana21

Back to top Go down

Post by FriesL 27th June 2009, 1:38 am

Anyone here top up for better film... mine offer rikecool IIRC like 35 back / 28 front.. something like that.. good?
and if top up how much is good to upgrade to better film..

TIA...

FriesL

Back to top Go down

Post by nothing 27th June 2009, 9:52 am

ask for the 900plus, package for rikeccool, it's good...my ride parked under the sun daily for long hrs and it cool pretty fast
nothing
nothing

Back to top Go down

Post by FriesL 27th June 2009, 10:25 am

nothing wrote:ask for the 900plus, package for rikeccool, it's good...my ride parked under the sun daily for long hrs and it cool pretty fast

Thanks bro...

FriesL

Back to top Go down

Post by tish 27th June 2009, 11:21 am

Actually the Rikecool giving my KIA was quite good leh, I can feel the difference between my friends' car and my family car and my car. The heat is very low...
tish
tish

Back to top Go down

Post by amerimacka 27th June 2009, 11:25 am

dandeana21 wrote:ooorrhhh... i chose the greyish color for the back and front, clear.. i remember dey asked me to choose the color.. furthermore my car is Metal bronze.. so i rather have colors to match the car.. otherwise it'll look weird.. i nid to chk the % dat they wrote on the log card which they gave me.. the % shld be the same as quoted..

Ah, thank you. Twisted Evil Will bear that in mind. As I will not be driving very frequently due to the nature of my job and the slot at my place is at the multi carpark so I'm just wondering if I do need the upgrade.

Any advice guys? Smile
amerimacka
amerimacka

Back to top Go down

Post by amerimacka 1st July 2009, 12:30 am

dandeana21 wrote:i took the moonlight package.. clown nid 2 top up $200 coz my SE gave me the lowest range type.. Suspect

I was offered the moonlight for $200 too. Rolling Eyes
amerimacka
amerimacka

Back to top Go down

Post by Cowstalker 1st July 2009, 12:35 am

amerimacka wrote:
dandeana21 wrote:ooorrhhh... i chose the greyish color for the back and front, clear.. i remember dey asked me to choose the color.. furthermore my car is Metal bronze.. so i rather have colors to match the car.. otherwise it'll look weird.. i nid to chk the % dat they wrote on the log card which they gave me.. the % shld be the same as quoted..

Ah, thank you. Twisted Evil Will bear that in mind. As I will not be driving very frequently due to the nature of my job and the slot at my place is at the multi carpark so I'm just wondering if I do need the upgrade.

Any advice guys? Smile

I just collected Metal Bronze (SX) with 900 Rikecool... I think the solar film color go quite nicely with car... Plus the reflective lvl quite high so outside a lil more difficult to see inside which is good in my opinion.... For ur qns whether need or not... I personally dont think so... U already got a film so comfort lvl will be better than without any solar film... Depends if you wanna fork out another few hundred for that 10-20% decrease in heat lvl whilst driving. I rather upgrade other things for that price leh... Like getting a subwoofer or something else...

Cowstalker

Back to top Go down

Post by amerimacka 1st July 2009, 12:40 am

Cowstalker wrote:I just collected Metal Bronze (SX) with 900 Rikecool... I think the solar film color go quite nicely with car... Plus the reflective lvl quite high so outside a lil more difficult to see inside which is good in my opinion.... For ur qns whether need or not... I personally dont think so... U already got a film so comfort lvl will be better than without any solar film... Depends if you wanna fork out another few hundred for that 10-20% decrease in heat lvl whilst driving. I rather upgrade other things for that price leh... Like getting a subwoofer or something else...

Thanks. You do make a point there. Was actually gonna sms my SE to go with the moonlight but I think I will discuss with my gf when she is back tomorrow. angel angel
amerimacka
amerimacka

Back to top Go down

Post by Cowstalker 1st July 2009, 12:50 am

tell u ur gf sure tell u don't waste money on car and get her a gucci bag... Hahah... Very Happy

When u collectin ur car?

Cowstalker

Back to top Go down

Post by amerimacka 1st July 2009, 12:55 am

Cowstalker wrote:tell u ur gf sure tell u don't waste money on car and get her a gucci bag... Hahah... Very Happy

When u collectin ur car?

she just bought a prada bag so no more branded within the next 3 months! Twisted Evil

collection is unknown. tested my SE today but he was unable to give me an actual date. he only mentioned those registered this week, collecting this week possibly belong to the earlier batch than mine which i think is BS? Suspect Suspect
amerimacka
amerimacka

Back to top Go down

Post by Cowstalker 1st July 2009, 1:17 am

Hey Amerimacka, when i was at C&C collecting car today i saw like at least 10 metal bronzes still waiting to be done up.... Urs is probably one of them... everywhere also forte... Sianz... Soon the road full of us liao...

Cowstalker

Back to top Go down

Post by amerimacka 1st July 2009, 1:23 am

Cowstalker wrote:Hey Amerimacka, when i was at C&C collecting car today i saw like at least 10 metal bronzes still waiting to be done up.... Urs is probably one of them... everywhere also forte... Sianz... Soon the road full of us liao...

haiz, mine is ebony black! No No
amerimacka
amerimacka

Back to top Go down

Post by humbug 2nd July 2009, 9:12 pm

word of caution, once you fix the window film and intend to remove it later to change for a better one, there is a cost to remove. Do a search and u will find some company offers cheaper and better heat rejection film, rather than top up which i feel is not worthy.

humbug

Back to top Go down

Post by tish 2nd July 2009, 10:15 pm

good info thanks Smile
tish
tish

Back to top Go down

Post by koayst 2nd July 2009, 11:12 pm

I had RikeCool installed and given by Ubi SE.

But today I noticed that, under car park flourscent light, the reflection is like wavvy wavvy rainbow patches. How do I describe it !!!! It looked like a layer of oil on a pool of water.

Anybody having the same experience? Or is this normal

koayst

Back to top Go down

Post by tish 2nd July 2009, 11:53 pm

i believe this is normal, i was told they deliberately use this kinda film
tish
tish

Back to top Go down

Post by oscar33 3rd July 2009, 12:50 am

The wavy rainbow colors is due to the metallic properties used in the solar film. My previous car also hv it. I noe solar firm like 3M which is using ceramic compound will nt hv this effect.

oscar33

Back to top Go down

Post by purple 5th July 2009, 5:04 am

Got a thermal guard voucher from my SE for the basic package too. Checked the website n it seemed like there's 2 types for Basic, one clear n one purple. Purple seemed to have better specs. Question is, how do we check whether the added solar film will be lta friendly since our window has tinting alrdy?
purple
purple

Back to top Go down

Post by lukester 5th July 2009, 10:03 am

oscar33 wrote:The wavy rainbow colors is due to the metallic properties used in the solar film. My previous car also hv it. I noe solar firm like 3M which is using ceramic compound will nt hv this effect.

My basic package with Thermal guard also got some rainbow effect, but mostly on the rear passenger side. Have not heard ppl using thermal guard mentioning it. Is only me or everyone using thermal guard has the same issue too?
lukester
lukester

Back to top Go down

Post by Cypher 5th July 2009, 2:22 pm

lukester wrote:
oscar33 wrote:The wavy rainbow colors is due to the metallic properties used in the solar film. My previous car also hv it. I noe solar firm like 3M which is using ceramic compound will nt hv this effect.

My basic package with Thermal guard also got some rainbow effect, but mostly on the rear passenger side. Have not heard ppl using thermal guard mentioning it. Is only me or everyone using thermal guard has the same issue too?

I have it too, but only when viewed from certain angle..
Cypher
Cypher

Back to top Go down

Post by zlement 5th July 2009, 3:47 pm

weeza77 wrote:
lukester wrote:

I have it too, but only when viewed from certain angle..

my thermal guard platiunm series got tis rainbow effect too..
zlement
zlement

Back to top Go down

Post by Cowstalker 5th July 2009, 5:27 pm

As stated its the metallic compounds used to make the film as I guess. My Rikecool and Vkool both also have this. But Vkool one is not as obvious....

But i do feel that Rikecool is not as effective at cancelling out heat when im driving under hot sun... But it def helps...

Cowstalker

Back to top Go down

Post by zlement 5th July 2009, 5:36 pm

is it true dat solar film wif metallic compounds will compromise GPS n IU operation?

those guys at thermal guard told me dat their solar film got no metallic compounds so no need to cut hole at IU location... unlike Vkool where they need to cut hole at IU location..
zlement
zlement

Back to top Go down

Post by Cypher 5th July 2009, 11:00 pm

"THERMAL GUARD solar control films are ultra-violet ray shielding films from coating (PET) Polyester films with solution containing dispersed ultra-fine metal powder manufacturing techniques and the latest organically coated technology."

Quoted from Thermalguard website. Hmmm scratch
Cypher
Cypher

Back to top Go down

Post by waypoint 5th July 2009, 11:59 pm

If you can't convince them, confuse them! What a load of bull crap!
waypoint
waypoint

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next