Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» assay
Does the Solar Film protect you from sun burn? Empty4th August 2011, 10:13 pm by Guest

» APP Leading Website Generator
Does the Solar Film protect you from sun burn? Empty4th August 2011, 11:47 am by Guest

» check-up
Does the Solar Film protect you from sun burn? Empty4th August 2011, 10:03 am by Guest

» Blu-ray to iPad Ripper lift Blu glimmer DVD movies quest of iPad
Does the Solar Film protect you from sun burn? Empty4th August 2011, 8:24 am by Guest

» ubiquitous
Does the Solar Film protect you from sun burn? Empty4th August 2011, 6:07 am by Guest

» South african indian dating. Nz internet dating.
Does the Solar Film protect you from sun burn? Empty3rd August 2011, 8:57 pm by Guest

» WHAT CREEPY IDEA ON YOUTUBE HASN'T ALREADY BEEN DONE YET?
Does the Solar Film protect you from sun burn? Empty3rd August 2011, 7:30 pm by Guest

» buy facebook fan f8
Does the Solar Film protect you from sun burn? Empty3rd August 2011, 3:15 pm by Guest

» division
Does the Solar Film protect you from sun burn? Empty3rd August 2011, 11:43 am by Guest

RSS feeds

MSN 

Does the Solar Film protect you from sun burn?

4 posters

Go down

Does the Solar Film protect you from sun burn? Empty Does the Solar Film protect you from sun burn?

Post by crazyfox 19th October 2009, 9:35 pm

I was driving in the afternoon yesterday. The sun was blazing hot and shining into the cabin. The air was hot and A/C was switch to full blast to keep it cool.

After driving for 20 minutes, I realised my face turn red and today I realised I got sunburn on my face.

I have driven in out in this kind of weather but had never got a sunburn. I am wondering these question:-

Could the solar film be wrongly installed and it caused the sun to intensify inward to the cabin? For this matter can solar film be installed wrong way facing?

I personnally think that V-Kool would have given a better protection but this car I am driving is Rikcool.

Anyone has any experience to share?

Does the Solar Film protect you from sun burn? 316913 Does the Solar Film protect you from sun burn? Icon_cherry - Now redface.
crazyfox
crazyfox

Back to top Go down

Does the Solar Film protect you from sun burn? Empty Re: Does the Solar Film protect you from sun burn?

Post by jimixer 20th October 2009, 1:27 am

i do notice the difference before i install solar film and after...
Before I install, got the sunburn feeling after driving in a sunny afternoon... After installing, on a really sunny afternoon, will feel my face getting a bit dark... but dun have the sunburn feeling...

Was told that in general, most reputable brand of solar film will be able to effectively reduce UV to a significant extend (ie, more than 90%)... UV is the culprit for causing sunburn...

the different grade is when you want to cut down the IR (or heat)... Cutting down IR maintains the coolness of your cabin and definitely reduces the cooling time... I personally feel that having a good solar film does make your air-con works less hard... Does the Solar Film protect you from sun burn? Icon_cool
jimixer
jimixer

Back to top Go down

Does the Solar Film protect you from sun burn? Empty Re: Does the Solar Film protect you from sun burn?

Post by crazyfox 20th October 2009, 8:02 am

Sunburn with solar film is my first experience driving a car. So I suspect the film is pasted with wrong side facing inward.

Any truth to my concern?
crazyfox
crazyfox

Back to top Go down

Post by jimixer 20th October 2009, 11:39 am

haha... if that is the case, then i think ur concern is valid...
bring it back for them to check...
jimixer
jimixer

Back to top Go down

Post by 1Seth1 20th October 2009, 11:49 am

Solar film protection is not determined by the darkness of it, of course the darker it is, the more visually comfortable. But the quality of the film is more important when it comes to heat rejection as well as UV protection.

My brother is using crystaline 3M clear film, i'm using something along that top grade as well but mine is tinted.

comparing his film and mine, the heat rejection is almost identical.
So if you want good heat rejection, get better film i guess, and don't get a black car. wahahaa. both my brother's car and mine are black, its a bloody oven on a hot day even with the heat rejecting film.
1Seth1
1Seth1

Back to top Go down

Post by crazyfox 20th October 2009, 12:15 pm

heat dont cause sunburn... UV does.
crazyfox
crazyfox

Back to top Go down

Post by jameshong 22nd October 2009, 9:40 pm

Any update?
jameshong
jameshong

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down