Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» assay
Side Topic to craked windscreen - brand of solar film used Empty4th August 2011, 10:13 pm by Guest

» APP Leading Website Generator
Side Topic to craked windscreen - brand of solar film used Empty4th August 2011, 11:47 am by Guest

» check-up
Side Topic to craked windscreen - brand of solar film used Empty4th August 2011, 10:03 am by Guest

» Blu-ray to iPad Ripper lift Blu glimmer DVD movies quest of iPad
Side Topic to craked windscreen - brand of solar film used Empty4th August 2011, 8:24 am by Guest

» ubiquitous
Side Topic to craked windscreen - brand of solar film used Empty4th August 2011, 6:07 am by Guest

» South african indian dating. Nz internet dating.
Side Topic to craked windscreen - brand of solar film used Empty3rd August 2011, 8:57 pm by Guest

» WHAT CREEPY IDEA ON YOUTUBE HASN'T ALREADY BEEN DONE YET?
Side Topic to craked windscreen - brand of solar film used Empty3rd August 2011, 7:30 pm by Guest

» buy facebook fan f8
Side Topic to craked windscreen - brand of solar film used Empty3rd August 2011, 3:15 pm by Guest

» division
Side Topic to craked windscreen - brand of solar film used Empty3rd August 2011, 11:43 am by Guest

RSS feeds

MSN 

Side Topic to craked windscreen - brand of solar film used

+3
aural
nothing
Shaq
7 posters

Go down

Side Topic to craked windscreen - brand of solar film used Empty Side Topic to craked windscreen - brand of solar film used

Post by Shaq 28th September 2009, 10:34 am

Hi all,

i think we can do a statistics based on the below.
1) production batch of car - month n year
2) colour
3) when collected and when cracked
4) brand of solar film ( install in house or externally)

I am pretty new and may not have noticed other factors that might contribute to the cracked wiondscreen. hopelly we can all get our fortes free lifetime guarantee for the windscreen or recall all fortes to redo the windscreen...after this is a manufacturers fault...they should cover it....

Shaq

Back to top Go down

Side Topic to craked windscreen - brand of solar film used Empty Re: Side Topic to craked windscreen - brand of solar film used

Post by nothing 28th September 2009, 12:26 pm

1)Mar 09
2) Bright Silver
3) Collected in May less than 1 mth cracked, replaced but cracked again less than 3 mths. Total 2 windscreens replaced.
4) RikeCool

To me unlikely the windscreen quality but more on the car chasis/fitment issue, uneven stress distribution that causes the crack as u noticed it's alway the same old sport that the crack occured. The windscreen is pretty strong, my old ride kana small stone like tiny projectile but the most it's a small chip, it take a very high stress to crack the windscreen....I rather it's the windscreen quality and proved my statement wrong as it's easy to replace the windscreen rather than the car body itself.... Side Topic to craked windscreen - brand of solar film used Icon_lol which CnC will find all excuses to cover its liability....defective car????
nothing
nothing

Back to top Go down

Side Topic to craked windscreen - brand of solar film used Empty Re: Side Topic to craked windscreen - brand of solar film used

Post by aural 28th September 2009, 12:38 pm

nothing wrote:1)Mar 09
2) Bright Silver
3) Collected in May less than 1 mth cracked, replaced but cracked again less than 3 mths. Total 2 windscreens replaced.
4) RikeCool

To me unlikely the windscreen quality but more on the car chasis/fitment issue, uneven stress distribution that causes the crack as u noticed it's alway the same old sport that the crack occured. The windscreen is pretty strong, my old ride kana small stone like tiny projectile but the most it's a small chip, it take a very high stress to crack the windscreen....I rather it's the windscreen quality and proved my statement wrong as it's easy to replace the windscreen rather than the car body itself.... Side Topic to craked windscreen - brand of solar film used Icon_lol which CnC will find all excuses to cover its liability....defective car????

Like that cham... If the body really got problem then it should also be covered under warranty..
aural
aural

Back to top Go down

Post by nothing 28th September 2009, 12:45 pm

aural wrote:
nothing wrote:1)Mar 09
2) Bright Silver
4) RikeCool

Like that cham... If the body really got problem then it should also be covered under warranty..

That's what I am worry abt...really don't think it's the windscreen quality but more on the car chasis itself.....till now, no exact answer to the defect provided by CnC or Korean counterpart....wonder whether should request to do a chasis checking...imagine constant flexing at one side.... Side Topic to craked windscreen - brand of solar film used Icon_rolleyes
nothing
nothing

Back to top Go down

Post by aural 28th September 2009, 12:48 pm

nothing wrote:
That's what I am worry abt...really don't think it's the windscreen quality but more on the car chasis itself.....till now, no exact answer to the defect provided by CnC or Korean counterpart....wonder whether should request to do a chasis checking...imagine constant flexing at one side.... Side Topic to craked windscreen - brand of solar film used Icon_rolleyes

One of the easiest to know is to see if there are recurrence after changing the windscreen. But unfortunately it will be at the expense of some unfortunate bros and sis.
aural
aural

Back to top Go down

Post by Shaq 28th September 2009, 12:54 pm

aural wrote:
nothing wrote:

One of the easiest to know is to see if there are recurrence after changing the windscreen. But unfortunately it will be at the expense of some unfortunate bros and sis.

Well done KIA...all safety testing done but not the windscreen n the chasis compatability.
Side Topic to craked windscreen - brand of solar film used Icon_evil

hopefully no more bros n sis will tio...

Shaq

Back to top Go down

Post by nothing 28th September 2009, 2:14 pm

aural wrote:
nothing wrote:

Mine already cracked twice, what do u think? Side Topic to craked windscreen - brand of solar film used Icon_lol
nothing
nothing

Back to top Go down

Post by Divine 28th September 2009, 2:29 pm

nothing wrote:
aural wrote:
nothing wrote:

Mine already cracked twice, what do u think? Side Topic to craked windscreen - brand of solar film used Icon_lol

lolx bro i pity u la the first mine cracked same time as urs. but mine replace till now no problem lay.. maybe u u go over hump too fast? lolx
Divine
Divine

Back to top Go down

Post by aural 28th September 2009, 4:17 pm

nothing wrote:

Anyone also same situation. If so might seriously not be due to the windscreen but the car's frame causing different torsion and cracking the screen due to small humps and such.
aural
aural

Back to top Go down

Post by nothing 28th September 2009, 4:20 pm

Divine wrote:
nothing wrote:
aural wrote:
nothing wrote:

lolx bro i pity u la the first mine cracked same time as urs. but mine replace till now no problem lay.. maybe u u go over hump too fast? lolx

like dat seow liao, my area that got lots of hump, likely must find diff. route liao... Side Topic to craked windscreen - brand of solar film used Icon_lol Side Topic to craked windscreen - brand of solar film used Icon_lol
nothing
nothing

Back to top Go down

Post by JuanST 29th September 2009, 10:14 am

if u wan to avoid humps... go for main roads.... side roads and mimor roads (especially school zone and mature estates) got lots of humps.... and i have over 5 schools around my place... Side Topic to craked windscreen - brand of solar film used Icon_cry
JuanST
JuanST

Back to top Go down

Post by aural 29th September 2009, 10:22 am

JuanST wrote:if u wan to avoid humps... go for main roads.... side roads and mimor roads (especially school zone and mature estates) got lots of humps.... and i have over 5 schools around my place... Side Topic to craked windscreen - brand of solar film used Icon_cry
lol, this cannot be the case lah. How can the car be made not to pass humps without cracking the windscreen. It's better to know it earlier and move on rather than avoid and subsequently get a shock.
aural
aural

Back to top Go down

Post by JuanST 29th September 2009, 10:33 am

hehehehe.....

i guess it is unavoidable however since we are aware of the possible problem, we can mitigate the situation for our own safety....

as far as the petition is concerned, am ok with it.... if this is really a structural problem, and they can identify the affected batches, then a mass replacement should be done and not wait until it happens...

until that happens, i drive slowly on humps and steep slopes entrance and exit. just to be safe. Side Topic to craked windscreen - brand of solar film used Icon_smile
JuanST
JuanST

Back to top Go down

Post by Shaq 29th September 2009, 10:34 am

if it has to crack it better crack early, get it reslove and then we enjoy our ride...its better that we keep worrying that it someday will happen...
What i believe is probably the quality of that glass...afterall singapore is always hotter then most countires and the temperature is quite high on the average throughout the year...

Shaq

Back to top Go down

Post by JuanST 29th September 2009, 10:37 am

as what happen to other bros having their replacement ws cracked again, replacement is no guarantee that it will not crack again....
JuanST
JuanST

Back to top Go down

Post by rickong 29th September 2009, 10:51 am

My 20k china van can take humps at speed without the windscreen cracking. I don't think that going over humps too fast causing windscreen to crack is an acceptable excuse for C&C.

rickong

Back to top Go down

Post by JuanST 29th September 2009, 10:55 am

thats the problem, we dont know the cause...
some ppl say
1. chassis issue (pressure distribution) - possible over humps
2. ws quality (heat capacity)
3. any other possible reason....

none of these reasons are acceptable....... Side Topic to craked windscreen - brand of solar film used Icon_smile
thats why we want petition....for blanket warranty
JuanST
JuanST

Back to top Go down

Post by Shaq 29th September 2009, 10:58 am

JuanST wrote:thats the problem, we dont know the cause...
some ppl say
1. chassis issue (pressure distribution) - possible over humps
2. ws quality (heat capacity)
3. any other possible reason....

none of these reasons are acceptable....... Side Topic to craked windscreen - brand of solar film used Icon_smile
thats why we want petition....for blanket warranty

yesh...i believe there is a thread on the online petition thing..any idea if its started?
where can we find it?

Shaq

Back to top Go down

Post by muff 29th September 2009, 10:58 am

JuanST wrote:as what happen to other bros having their replacement ws cracked again, replacement is no guarantee that it will not crack again....

agreed.... there is no guarantee that it will not cracked again after the replacement since it has already happened to 4 different Fortes....the question now is, will it happen a third time ?

IMO, as long as the cause is not identified it will happen again...... Side Topic to craked windscreen - brand of solar film used Icon_mad
muff
muff

Back to top Go down

Post by aural 29th September 2009, 11:20 am

muff wrote:
JuanST wrote:as what happen to other bros having their replacement ws cracked again, replacement is no guarantee that it will not crack again....

agreed.... there is no guarantee that it will not cracked again after the replacement since it has already happened to 4 different Fortes....the question now is, will it happen a third time ?

IMO, as long as the cause is not identified it will happen again...... Side Topic to craked windscreen - brand of solar film used Icon_mad

Why not all the 4 affected cars go C&C together to ask for assurance rather then one by one go and they can cook up some nice stories individually.
aural
aural

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down