Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» assay
Solar Film - Page 3 Empty4th August 2011, 10:13 pm by Guest

» APP Leading Website Generator
Solar Film - Page 3 Empty4th August 2011, 11:47 am by Guest

» check-up
Solar Film - Page 3 Empty4th August 2011, 10:03 am by Guest

» Blu-ray to iPad Ripper lift Blu glimmer DVD movies quest of iPad
Solar Film - Page 3 Empty4th August 2011, 8:24 am by Guest

» ubiquitous
Solar Film - Page 3 Empty4th August 2011, 6:07 am by Guest

» South african indian dating. Nz internet dating.
Solar Film - Page 3 Empty3rd August 2011, 8:57 pm by Guest

» WHAT CREEPY IDEA ON YOUTUBE HASN'T ALREADY BEEN DONE YET?
Solar Film - Page 3 Empty3rd August 2011, 7:30 pm by Guest

» buy facebook fan f8
Solar Film - Page 3 Empty3rd August 2011, 3:15 pm by Guest

» division
Solar Film - Page 3 Empty3rd August 2011, 11:43 am by Guest

RSS feeds

MSN 

Solar Film

+66
alpineccm
VoodooEx
beckham23
hellbabe
stasystylez
weehong
treysha
BeanBag
lwlty
hsjose
NiVleK
kqkhlj
kia_cerato_forte
ceratopia
daniu82
joepele
Jason
jimixer
chiewjy
waypoint
purple
oscar33
koayst
humbug
FriesL
dandeana21
nocash
ck7373
Cowstalker
lukester
amerimacka
kenincf
maddriver
greatgazoo
dreamzzlandz
The Blue Cruiser
chengwei
leedevil
turbo4ev
dav2011
tiny
Cypher
Redbean
lawrenceke
dipstick
guerrestellari
hew
ozzie75
mwerkz
scorpey
kapitan
ano57
luvxiaobeng
nothing
keigo
zlement
impact2001
Leonard
muff
nywa78
jkit
graysgerald79
eraser
Terrier
tish
johnkit
70 posters

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Solar Film - Page 3 Empty Re: Solar Film

Post by The Blue Cruiser 27th May 2009, 4:19 pm

I am too lazy to source autobacs and other shops for solar film packages. Will tell CnC to give me the top-notch 3M solar film.
The Blue Cruiser
The Blue Cruiser

Back to top Go down

Post by keigo 27th May 2009, 4:20 pm

The White Cruiser wrote:I am too lazy to source autobacs and other shops for solar film packages. Will tell CnC to give me the top-notch 3M solar film.

And will they give?
keigo
keigo

Back to top Go down

Post by Leonard 27th May 2009, 4:27 pm

The White Cruiser wrote:I am too lazy to source autobacs and other shops for solar film packages. Will tell CnC to give me the top-notch 3M solar film.

bro have u see this .
tot of doing when car come in abt 5 days ..
http://www.ceratoforte.forumotion.com/advertisers-f16/tintsycool-solar-control-film-tintingfree-ppt-t269.htm
Leonard
Leonard

Back to top Go down

Post by ozzie75 27th May 2009, 4:55 pm

I have my solar film done at tintsycool last Sat after collecting my car. I am pretty happy with the service, products and the friendly crew and boss.

Price wise, reasonable. 450 to do up the whole car. Observed result: so far so good, no complaints.

ozzie75

Back to top Go down

Post by keigo 27th May 2009, 5:07 pm

I'm waiting to see what kind of rikecool I'm getting before making decision to see if need to change or not. Cause my SE claim that the rikecool cost him $1050
keigo
keigo

Back to top Go down

Post by Leonard 27th May 2009, 5:22 pm

ozzie75 wrote:

I have my solar film done at tintsycool last Sat after collecting my car. I am pretty happy with the service, products and the friendly crew and boss.

Price wise, reasonable. 450 to do up the whole car. Observed result: so far so good, no complaints.

450 ? wad package did u op for ?
do u mind taking some pic of ur car . if too troublesome nvm then .
Leonard
Leonard

Back to top Go down

Post by ozzie75 27th May 2009, 6:21 pm

go to: http://www.ceratoforte.forumotion.com/advertisers-f16/tintsycool-solar-control-film-tintingfree-ppt-t269.htm

Look for the one with the price tag $548, that's the one I got. But managed to bring it down to $450. I think you can drop by and see the film for yourself and choose the tone that you like. Mine very clear, as the heat refraction is more important to me than the tinted effect.

ozzie75

Back to top Go down

Post by dreamzzlandz 28th May 2009, 12:12 am

I seriously think these SEs are bull-shitting.. first they said they only earn a few hundreds from selling a forte, and cannot give rikecool.. The SE really told me that no SE will give rikecool as freebies, but when I come in here to see, so many of you got rikecool...

And if rikecool cost the SE $900-$1050, wouldnt he be making 0 dollar, and even fork out from his/her pocket money..

Just one word of caution..SE's words really cannot be trusted.. and they have 101 excuses to make their way through.

I just think C&C should be more transparent in all the thing.. maybe they should just set up an online shop, and we just go and to book our cars directly.. without going through any SE at all...

If everyone got the same freebies, wouldnt it be fair to all!! and not just depend on one's bargaining skills. Twisted Evil
dreamzzlandz
dreamzzlandz

Back to top Go down

Post by jkit 28th May 2009, 12:24 am

can't agree more. Y make it so complicated. Is there an authority to ensure fair play & transprancy? Case? Mas?

jkit

Back to top Go down

Post by impact2001 28th May 2009, 12:29 am

dreamzzlandz wrote:I seriously think these SEs are bull-shitting.. first they said they only earn a few hundreds from selling a forte, and cannot give rikecool.. The SE really told me that no SE will give rikecool as freebies, but when I come in here to see, so many of you got rikecool...

And if rikecool cost the SE $900-$1050, wouldnt he be making 0 dollar, and even fork out from his/her pocket money..

Just one word of caution..SE's words really cannot be trusted.. and they have 101 excuses to make their way through.

I just think C&C should be more transparent in all the thing.. maybe they should just set up an online shop, and we just go and to book our cars directly.. without going through any SE at all...

If everyone got the same freebies, wouldnt it be fair to all!! and not just depend on one's bargaining skills. Twisted Evil

Before I commit my car, my SE mention abt giving me more average grade solar film.. Then I tell him, I don't ask for much like V-cool but at least rikecool.. No rikecool, No talk..
impact2001
impact2001

Back to top Go down

Post by Redbean 28th May 2009, 12:34 am

jkit wrote:can't agree more. Y make it so complicated. Is there an authority to ensure fair play & transprancy? Case? Mas?

I guess there's no way to ensure 1 and only 1 kind of package for car buyers.

Firstly the SEs are not really employees of CandC, they are like sub contractors. So technically, each individual SE is running their own business, of coz they will compete with each other by dangling freebies. Some want volume,so each deal cut less profit, some others want more profit, thus they dont mind just getting 1 business as long that 1 person is a carrot head.

Competition is actually welcome as this is business. If u want fair play and transparancy, most prob CandC will set the lowest package we can get and the SEs will just sit down and slack.

there are bros who get fantastic deals, and there are bros who kanna chop carrot but most pple get more or less the same stuff.

Redbean

Back to top Go down

Post by dreamzzlandz 28th May 2009, 12:36 am

jkit: this type of things has been going on for the past few decades.. I dont think we can go to CASE..but the feedback form we just write all the negative things..

I think if everyone got the free freebies, it will just be fairer.
dreamzzlandz
dreamzzlandz

Back to top Go down

Post by nothing 28th May 2009, 9:24 am

Maybe u r new to the car buying scene in Sillypore...freebies are offer differently by individual SE to entice customers to sign up with them..therefore it depends on how the SE want to earn his/her keeps...just like insurance agents and property agents, depends on how hungry they r or how they want to market themselves...that's why only certain agents can drive big cars and stay condo....if what offer to u doesn't satisfy u, just move on and get another...
nothing
nothing

Back to top Go down

Post by ozzie75 28th May 2009, 11:16 am

nothing wrote:Maybe u r new to the car buying scene in Sillypore...freebies are offer differently by individual SE to entice customers to sign up with them..therefore it depends on how the SE want to earn his/her keeps...just like insurance agents and property agents, depends on how hungry they r or how they want to market themselves...that's why only certain agents can drive big cars and stay condo....if what offer to u doesn't satisfy u, just move on and get another...

Yep, there's always one out there who can meet your definition of the 'right fit'. Tell them upfront your expectations and if they can meet them, then they get the deal. Else, it's a total waste of time for you and the SE. Smile Cheers.

ozzie75

Back to top Go down

Post by Leonard 28th May 2009, 2:45 pm

ozzie75 wrote:go to: http://www.ceratoforte.forumotion.com/advertisers-f16/tintsycool-solar-control-film-tintingfree-ppt-t269.htm

Look for the one with the price tag $548, that's the one I got. But managed to bring it down to $450. I think you can drop by and see the film for yourself and choose the tone that you like. Mine very clear, as the heat refraction is more important to me than the tinted effect.

bro tat's close to a $100 of ..
btw did u lyk mix and match for front and rear window ? or juz choose 1 particular 1 ..
overall exp. @ tintsy good ?
Leonard
Leonard

Back to top Go down

Post by greatgazoo 28th May 2009, 9:46 pm

Why is Solar Film so expensive, I really dun get it Suspect
greatgazoo
greatgazoo

Back to top Go down

Post by keigo 28th May 2009, 9:56 pm

greatgazoo wrote:Why is Solar Film so expensive, I really dun get it Suspect

Why is bak chor mee so expensive $4.70, I really dun get it Suspect
keigo
keigo

Back to top Go down

Post by ozzie75 28th May 2009, 11:32 pm

Leonard wrote:
ozzie75 wrote:go to: http://www.ceratoforte.forumotion.com/advertisers-f16/tintsycool-solar-control-film-tintingfree-ppt-t269.htm

bro tat's close to a $100 of ..
btw did u lyk mix and match for front and rear window ? or juz choose 1 particular 1 ..
overall exp. @ tintsy good ?

You can choose the colors. Overall exp. @ tintsy good. LTA compliant. The films working well, and my car cool up pretty fast compared to my last car. btw, 10-yr warranty. No harm going down to see for yourself.

ozzie75

Back to top Go down

Post by ozzie75 28th May 2009, 11:35 pm

I believe they are not just films to make your car look dark, but the protective properties and the heat refraction function that explain the price. That's what I learnt by reading how these films work.

ozzie75

Back to top Go down

Post by dreamzzlandz 28th May 2009, 11:43 pm

I read one of the function of solar film is to protect against thief. As in when someone try to break/smash your window screen, if the solar film is good enough, it can protect the window from cracking..so the person cannot break into your car. Of cpurse, another reason is to prevent heat.
dreamzzlandz
dreamzzlandz

Back to top Go down

Post by The Blue Cruiser 29th May 2009, 12:08 am

All types of solar films cannot prevent your windows from being smashed. Unless you are referring to bullet-proof, smash-proof, fire-proof those types of windows.
The Blue Cruiser
The Blue Cruiser

Back to top Go down

Post by The Blue Cruiser 29th May 2009, 12:09 am

Just like why is a car so expensive? Anything related to automobile is expensive in SG. That's life. Sad
The Blue Cruiser
The Blue Cruiser

Back to top Go down

Post by dreamzzlandz 29th May 2009, 1:03 am

The White Cruiser wrote:All types of solar films cannot prevent your windows from being smashed. Unless you are referring to bullet-proof, smash-proof, fire-proof those types of windows.

The White Crusier... actually I dont know that it can protect until I read on several website, even the solar film companies said that one of the benefits of solar film is for security reason.. as in the glass will shattered into pieces, it will shattered, but wont shattered apart...oppss.I guess it may not be true..

1) thermal guard solar film :
http://www.thermalguard.com.sg/prod_security.html

2) Cool n lite solar film:
http://www.coolnlite.com/Security_Films.htm

3) v cool solar film :
http://www.v-kool.com.sg/Smart_Investment.asp?cat=auto

( taken from v-cool website:)
"Enhanced Driving Safety

In the event of an accident, shattered glass from windscreens or windows can cause serious injuries. Glass fitted with V-KOOL holds glass together when broken, minimizing injuries from flying shard of broken glass. V-KOOL films also acts as a security measure to prevent “smash and grab” burglary."

4) 3M solar film:
http://solutions.3m.com.sg/wps/portal/3M/en_SG/SSPS/mainpage/carcaremain/carcare/solarfilm/

extracted from 3M website:

"3M Multi-Layered Film Technology That Reflects Heat

Using the 3M Multi-Layered Film Technology, 3M Solar Film is designed to
reject UV rays and reduce heat effectively without compromising visibility.
Besides keeping the interior of your car cooler, these shatter-resistant film
can help to deter smash-&-grab crimes and to reduce the chance of serious
injuries due to shattered windows."

5) Tintsy Cool Solar film
http://www.tintsycool.com/product.html

extracted from tintsy cool solar film:
" Tintsycool Safety Film can be bonded securely to glass with a special strengthening adhesive designed to absorb impact and resist shattering.

If the glass is broken, this resilient combination of adhesive and film will hold the broken pieces together, decreasing the risk of injury. "

Last time I read from these few websites then I realise that one of the features of the solar film ( besides reduce heat and UV rays) is for security reason..so its all depend of the type of window ?? I am not too sure... maybe the websites put misleading information???
dreamzzlandz
dreamzzlandz

Back to top Go down

Post by nothing 29th May 2009, 8:58 am

The White Cruiser wrote:

Just like why is a car so expensive? Anything related to automobile is expensive in SG. That's life. Sad

solar film not expensive but is the workmanship...I personally have tried DIY on solar film, the 4 side windows easily can pick up but front n rear really no joke, I tried and I failed Embarassed
nothing
nothing

Back to top Go down

Post by The Blue Cruiser 29th May 2009, 12:17 pm

Errr... solar film can protect the windows from shattering but not smashing, scratching and breaking. Razz
The Blue Cruiser
The Blue Cruiser

Back to top Go down

Post by The Blue Cruiser 29th May 2009, 12:18 pm

nothing wrote:

solar film not expensive but is the workmanship...I personally have tried DIY on solar film, the 4 side windows easily can pick up but front n rear really no joke, I tried and I failed Embarassed

So how much money gone down the drain? Laughing
The Blue Cruiser
The Blue Cruiser

Back to top Go down

Post by nothing 29th May 2009, 2:11 pm

The White Cruiser wrote:
nothing wrote:

So how much money gone down the drain? Laughing

Not much...don't take abt the bg boys in tinting business, ie.VKool, Huper Otik, 3M.....those normal brands sunfilm, doesn't really cost that much...I brought in a roll from USA, cost me abt 200plus, depends on the skillset, can do up 4-5 cars..let say per car charge $450...... Very Happy
nothing
nothing

Back to top Go down

Post by Leonard 29th May 2009, 2:33 pm

but bo bian . unless some of us got workmanship skill if not leave it to them . hassle free
Leonard
Leonard

Back to top Go down

Post by dav2011 30th May 2009, 11:04 pm

[quote="Redbean"]
turbo4ev wrote:hehe, the website is prove lousy, if not i am, haha
cus i still cannot find the price page.
the 20% confirm got one? till when? cus gods noe when my ride coming, wait go there they say no have already cus ended, i vomit blood.

lol
http://www.thermalguard.com.sg/price_auto.html

I dont know how long the 20% will last though....

just did up my gem series solar film today. Saw 3 forte there ..
Top up 250 from moonlight to gem series
dav2011
dav2011

Back to top Go down

Post by graysgerald79 30th May 2009, 11:35 pm

ic... i gg down to do on monday.... meaning u top up 250 after 20% discount?

graysgerald79

Back to top Go down

Post by mwerkz 30th May 2009, 11:56 pm

how much in total did u pay for the gem series?

mwerkz

Back to top Go down

Post by dav2011 30th May 2009, 11:58 pm

mwerkz wrote:how much in total did u pay for the gem series?

250 only
dav2011
dav2011

Back to top Go down

Post by graysgerald79 31st May 2009, 12:05 am

dav2011 wrote:

250 only

I thought the voucher is only 250? if you can 20% off ...
80% x 750 = 600
600 -250 = 350 <--------- i thought should top up 350 instead?

graysgerald79

Back to top Go down

Post by dav2011 31st May 2009, 12:12 am

graysgerald79 wrote:
dav2011 wrote:

250 only

80% x 750 = 600

was given moonlight in the first place
dav2011
dav2011

Back to top Go down

Post by graysgerald79 31st May 2009, 12:21 am

dav2011 wrote:
graysgerald79 wrote:
dav2011 wrote:

250 only

80% x 750 = 600

was given moonlight in the first place

oooo.... so its like a free upgrade... nice

graysgerald79

Back to top Go down

Post by mwerkz 31st May 2009, 12:20 pm

huh? i'm like lost. how come u got moonlight? u mean ur SE give u? den wat's de 20% promo? sorry, i'm abit lost -_-"

mwerkz

Back to top Go down

Post by Redbean 1st June 2009, 12:26 am

mwerkz wrote:huh? i'm like lost. how come u got moonlight? u mean ur SE give u? den wat's de 20% promo? sorry, i'm abit lost -_-"

20% is given by thermalguard itself. However the 20% is calculated only after the original price is offset by the voucher given.

For example package price is X

Voucher is worth Y

Thus the price ya paying for top up is 0.8 * (X - Y)

But the discount is only given to selected package. IIRC the lower 3 packages do not have them

Redbean

Back to top Go down

Post by mwerkz 1st June 2009, 10:43 am

Redbean wrote:
mwerkz wrote:huh? i'm like lost. how come u got moonlight? u mean ur SE give u? den wat's de 20% promo? sorry, i'm abit lost -_-"

20% is given by thermalguard itself. However the 20% is calculated only after the original price is offset by the voucher given.

Voucher is worth Y

But the discount is only given to selected package. IIRC the lower 3 packages do not have them

icic. thanx for clearing the doubt.

considering moonlight from thermalguard or Tintsy Platinum 80/30 Japan from tintsycool. any comments on which is better considering these 2 solar film?

mwerkz

Back to top Go down

Post by maddriver 2nd June 2009, 12:01 am

Get a reputable solar film like V-cool if you intend to drive your car for next 4 to 5years..I am on rite cool which is given free to me..Now 4 years and my rear windscreen are becoming blur..when you look at the rear mirror..The rear windscreen looks oily..I wipe it with cloth and is still blur..For the 4 years of ownership..I only on my rear heater twice..
maddriver
maddriver

Back to top Go down

Post by eraser 2nd June 2009, 12:26 am

maddriver wrote:Get a reputable solar film like V-cool if you intend to drive your car for next 4 to 5years..I am on rite cool which is given free to me..Now 4 years and my rear windscreen are becoming blur..when you look at the rear mirror..The rear windscreen looks oily..I wipe it with cloth and is still blur..For the 4 years of ownership..I only on my rear heater twice..

Rikecool now comes with 10yrs warranty so can change for free and comes with the car as freebies in most of our cases

eraser

Back to top Go down

Post by maddriver 2nd June 2009, 7:55 am

eraser wrote:
maddriver wrote:Get a reputable solar film like V-cool if you intend to drive your car for next 4 to 5years..I am on rite cool which is given free to me..Now 4 years and my rear windscreen are becoming blur..when you look at the rear mirror..The rear windscreen looks oily..I wipe it with cloth and is still blur..For the 4 years of ownership..I only on my rear heater twice..

Rikecool now comes with 10yrs warranty so can change for free and comes with the car as freebies in most of our cases

Wow!!! then is different thing..
maddriver
maddriver

Back to top Go down

Post by nothing 2nd June 2009, 9:34 am

ya, have checked with Rikecool and if within the next 10 yrs, under warranty..any issues just go back to them.
nothing
nothing

Back to top Go down

Post by kenincf 3rd June 2009, 12:03 am

mwerkz wrote:
Redbean wrote:

Voucher is worth Y

icic. thanx for clearing the doubt.

considering moonlight from thermalguard or Tintsy Platinum 80/30 Japan from tintsycool. any comments on which is better considering these 2 solar film?

I settled mine last week. Redbean's formula was applied: 0.8 * (X - Y). 8) Took the Platinum package at $560. No need to bargain or negotiate. Up to now, so far so good. Happy and satisfied with it. cheers
kenincf
kenincf

Back to top Go down

Post by Cypher 3rd June 2009, 12:39 am

I'm going back to Thermalguard to redo the front windscreen.. got crumpled at certain area... will they replace it for free?
Cypher
Cypher

Back to top Go down

Post by kenincf 7th June 2009, 3:27 pm

Bro weeza, were you able to get your windscreen re-done finally? I'm planning to take a day to go there to install the 6" anti-glare... Very Happy
kenincf
kenincf

Back to top Go down

Post by Cypher 9th June 2009, 10:08 am

kenincf wrote:Bro weeza, were you able to get your windscreen re-done finally? I'm planning to take a day to go there to install the 6" anti-glare... Very Happy

I'm thinking of going later after my 1K servicing... btw what is the '6" anti-glare' ? If you meant the front windscreen top portion, I thought they already installed for you during the film installation?
Cypher
Cypher

Back to top Go down

Post by kenincf 9th June 2009, 7:33 pm

weeza77 wrote:
kenincf wrote:Bro weeza, were you able to get your windscreen re-done finally? I'm planning to take a day to go there to install the 6" anti-glare... Very Happy

I'm thinking of going later after my 1K servicing... btw what is the '6" anti-glare' ? If you meant the front windscreen top portion, I thought they already installed for you during the film installation?

Yup, the front windscreen top portion black film anti-glare. The lady who was serving me mentioned some people like it, some don't. Then I asked if I don't install it now, in future if I would like to add it on, will there be any charge? She said it's ok, no extra change. After a few days, I noticed that most cars have it and it looks quite ok on the windscreen. And since it's called "anti-glare", I figured it must be serving some purposes as well. So finally I decided to add it on now. Just need to find a day to go there again. Very Happy
kenincf
kenincf

Back to top Go down

Post by mwerkz 10th June 2009, 7:08 pm

juz made appt with tintycool on 21st. considering either do the tintsy platinum 80/30 japan or platinum plus 96. anyone did either one? can comment or take photo? =x got wat color for the film?

mwerkz

Back to top Go down

Post by turbo4ev 10th June 2009, 10:09 pm

anyone done tint master before?
turbo4ev
turbo4ev

Back to top Go down

Post by amerimacka 25th June 2009, 1:48 pm

guys, my SE was asking me if wanna top up a bit for the solar film since there is about 20% discount for a better quality. he asked me to search on thermal guard online.

i thought of tinting my rear windows a bit but im not sure if i should. i need some advice here. jin newbie here.

thanks. dogeyes
amerimacka
amerimacka

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next