Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» assay
Encounter knocking sound after change the damper Empty4th August 2011, 10:13 pm by Guest

» APP Leading Website Generator
Encounter knocking sound after change the damper Empty4th August 2011, 11:47 am by Guest

» check-up
Encounter knocking sound after change the damper Empty4th August 2011, 10:03 am by Guest

» Blu-ray to iPad Ripper lift Blu glimmer DVD movies quest of iPad
Encounter knocking sound after change the damper Empty4th August 2011, 8:24 am by Guest

» ubiquitous
Encounter knocking sound after change the damper Empty4th August 2011, 6:07 am by Guest

» South african indian dating. Nz internet dating.
Encounter knocking sound after change the damper Empty3rd August 2011, 8:57 pm by Guest

» WHAT CREEPY IDEA ON YOUTUBE HASN'T ALREADY BEEN DONE YET?
Encounter knocking sound after change the damper Empty3rd August 2011, 7:30 pm by Guest

» buy facebook fan f8
Encounter knocking sound after change the damper Empty3rd August 2011, 3:15 pm by Guest

» division
Encounter knocking sound after change the damper Empty3rd August 2011, 11:43 am by Guest

RSS feeds

MSN 

Encounter knocking sound after change the damper

+10
keigo
nocash
SpicyRed
Kiang
greatgazoo
impact2001
muff
waypoint
nothing
spin
14 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Encounter knocking sound after change the damper Empty Encounter knocking sound after change the damper

Post by spin 17th September 2009, 5:43 pm

Hi bros and sis,

I have encounter knocking sound after my 5k servicing at leng kee c&c,they inform me that the knocking sound is due to the strut bar as it does not sit properly on the car chasis and after taking out the strut bar and the knocking sound is gone..

i also found paint crack on the strut bar and my bonnet which i think the knocking sound is due to the strut bar is hitting the bonnet.

any bro and sis have this problem?

spin

Back to top Go down

Encounter knocking sound after change the damper Empty Re: Encounter knocking sound after change the damper

Post by nothing 17th September 2009, 6:13 pm

if that's the case, likely the strut bar doesn't sit properly or worse case, after a period on the road, the screws loosen.....is there any washer used with the nuts?
nothing
nothing

Back to top Go down

Encounter knocking sound after change the damper Empty Re: Encounter knocking sound after change the damper

Post by waypoint 17th September 2009, 9:17 pm

What kind of strut bar you using? This is just great... With this development, C&C may exploit this incident to kick up a fuss and issues with our warranties.
waypoint
waypoint

Back to top Go down

Post by spin 17th September 2009, 10:03 pm

there is no washer use with the nut and c&c advise that the screw is a little loose when check...i using ultra racing strut bar.

spin

Back to top Go down

Post by muff 17th September 2009, 10:03 pm

nothing wrote:if that's the case, likely the strut bar doesn't sit properly or worse case, after a period on the road, the screws loosen.....is there any washer used with the nuts?

unlikely that washer is used with the nut cause only about one to two thread is seen protruding from the nut after the installation....
muff
muff

Back to top Go down

Post by spin 17th September 2009, 10:06 pm

i have been driving for a while and really the knocking sound is gone..think the strut bar does not fit the car chasis properly..

spin

Back to top Go down

Post by muff 17th September 2009, 10:10 pm

which part of the strut bar you think is contacting the bonnet ? also the location of crack paint ?
muff
muff

Back to top Go down

Post by impact2001 17th September 2009, 10:45 pm

Hi spin, based on what you say, you meant that the strut bar is loose and resulting that to hit against your bonnet?

I got some questions need to verify with u,
1) Was the sound hear before your 5k servicing?
2) Is it really after 5k servicing, you start hearing these sounds?
3) Do the services guy do any major things at your bonnet?
impact2001
impact2001

Back to top Go down

Post by spin 17th September 2009, 11:05 pm

i do not know how to tell the location but the paint chip on the strut bar and my bonnet is the same point.

nothing is done to the bonnet.

spin

Back to top Go down

Post by spin 17th September 2009, 11:10 pm

the knocking sound is very mild and hardly can be heard with music on,i have taken out the bar and will look for the installer for more detail.

spin

Back to top Go down

Post by muff 17th September 2009, 11:11 pm

bro spin, thanks for sharing....will be keeping an eye (and ear) on my ride..... Encounter knocking sound after change the damper Icon_biggrin
muff
muff

Back to top Go down

Post by impact2001 18th September 2009, 12:30 am

spin wrote:the knocking sound is very mild and hardly can be heard with music on,i have taken out the bar and will look for the installer for more detail.

is yours done locally or at across the land?
impact2001
impact2001

Back to top Go down

Post by greatgazoo 18th September 2009, 1:59 am

spin wrote:there is no washer use with the nut and c&c advise that the screw is a little loose when check...i using ultra racing strut bar.

Does it still have the knocking sound even after you have tighten the screw?
greatgazoo
greatgazoo

Back to top Go down

Post by greatgazoo 18th September 2009, 2:05 am

[quote="spin"]i also found paint crack on the strut bar and my bonnet which i think the knocking sound is due to the strut bar is hitting the bonnet.[quote]

It's common to have the paint crack on strut bar or even after the long run, it will become sticky. The paint will not be able to withstand the heat in the engine bay during the long run on the road and melt the paint. You should know how hot the area is when you open up your bonnet.
greatgazoo
greatgazoo

Back to top Go down

Post by spin 18th September 2009, 10:42 am

i have done the strut bar local and after tighten the strut bar there is still knocking sound.think is the strut bar is not sitting properly on the mounting.

i should say it is the paint chip peel off from the strut bar.the postition of the strut bar is tally to the bonnet paint chip off.

spin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiang 18th September 2009, 10:48 am

dear all,

i am facing the same problem spin bro is facing...
i did my UR strut bar in JB....
the point is at the right hand side of the strut bar...

planning to go in next week to check...

its really a point where the bonnet kiss the strut bar..

i heard it when going up the MSCP n i hear the knock knock sound in the front bonnet.

i park the car n check n discover the strut bar kissing the bonnet casuing a small paint chip on the bonnet...
Kiang
Kiang

Back to top Go down

Post by spin 18th September 2009, 11:14 am

yes..the spot is on the right side..

bro kiang,how long u install the strut bar and found the knocking sound?

spin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiang 18th September 2009, 6:08 pm

bro spin,

past few days i heard the sound ..

i had taken the pictures using my iphone ...

will post later
Kiang
Kiang

Back to top Go down

Post by spin 18th September 2009, 6:12 pm

will be going to find the installer tomorrow and advise the outcome.i think they will replace new strut bar..but if the knocking sound still have..will ask for re-fund as it not really suitable for the car.

bro kiang,pls check if the mounting is loosen for safety.

spin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiang 18th September 2009, 6:22 pm

Spin bro,

the mounting is okies...

now uploading picture for all to see
Kiang
Kiang

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiang 18th September 2009, 6:27 pm

I had edit the picture for better visual. FYI, my car is Blue

For this picture, this is the 2 points having contact with each other
Encounter knocking sound after change the damper Img_0214

Paint chip inside the bonnet
Encounter knocking sound after change the damper Img_0215

Paint Chip @ the UR Strut Bar
Encounter knocking sound after change the damper Img_0216
Kiang
Kiang

Back to top Go down

Post by spin 18th September 2009, 6:29 pm

yes..the point of the paint chip is the same as mine.

spin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiang 18th September 2009, 6:30 pm

spin wrote:will be going to find the installer tomorrow and advise the outcome.i think they will replace new strut bar..but if the knocking sound still have..will ask for re-fund as it not really suitable for the car.

bro kiang,pls check if the mounting is loosen for safety.

spin bro u install at where?
Kiang
Kiang

Back to top Go down

Post by muff 18th September 2009, 6:32 pm

bro spin , may I know if you are driving EX or SX.....if EX then do you have the sound insulation mat fitted at the bonnet?

mine is EX but with mat at the bonnet....so far so good...

Last edited by muff on 18th September 2009, 6:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
muff
muff

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiang 18th September 2009, 6:34 pm

i am driving a EX....

u see my pix
Kiang
Kiang

Back to top Go down

Post by muff 18th September 2009, 6:36 pm

Kiang wrote:i am driving a EX....

u see my pix
is your strut mounting nut loosen also ?
muff
muff

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiang 18th September 2009, 6:38 pm

so far i use hand to check ....

seems okies ....
Kiang
Kiang

Back to top Go down

Post by muff 18th September 2009, 6:43 pm

I'll go open up my bonnet later and check if got any marking on my insulation mat.....update you guys later...
muff
muff

Back to top Go down

Post by impact2001 18th September 2009, 8:25 pm

Ya do check. If really got issue, must really address to WONG.. I know Kiang's one is done in Jb but for SPIN, i not sure where he did his... If install at two different lands, so the only commonality must be due to the STRUT BAR design liao..
impact2001
impact2001

Back to top Go down

Post by muff 18th September 2009, 11:08 pm

juz cx my ride juz now.....

bro spin is yr ride a manual forte ?

I 'm also having the paint chipped off at the same location as spin & kiang too (top right hand side of strut bar contact under bonnet)....on closer look I found that the bottom of strut (only on the right hand side) is resting on the bolt's head of the bracket that is holding the small reservoir (see pic from kiang - can see the reservoir's bracket going under the strut but not the bolt's head coz it hidden - blue colour area near the strut bar). Looking at it, this problem should be affecting only the Manual Forte only (auto forte is without this reservoir and bracket).....I think the reservoir should be repositioned such that it does not obstruct the proper seating of the strut bar.....
Encounter knocking sound after change the damper Img_0214
muff
muff

Back to top Go down

Post by spin 18th September 2009, 11:12 pm

hi all,

i driving sx with the matt insulation and i install at e-rev motorsport.

spin

Back to top Go down

Post by spin 18th September 2009, 11:13 pm

i driving sx auto.

spin

Back to top Go down

Post by spin 18th September 2009, 11:15 pm

use hand to feel the mounting tighten is not euongh..must use a tool to test which leng kee inform to me is abit loosen dur to the strut bar did not sit properly on the car chasis.

spin

Back to top Go down

Post by muff 18th September 2009, 11:21 pm

spin wrote:use hand to feel the mounting tighten is not euongh..must use a tool to test which leng kee inform to me is abit loosen dur to the strut bar did not sit properly on the car chasis.
bro,could be that the right hand nuts wasn't properly tightened during installation..... Encounter knocking sound after change the damper Icon_scratch

wats yr plan ? are you going to reinstall the strut bar ?
muff
muff

Back to top Go down

Post by spin 18th September 2009, 11:29 pm

i have taken out the strut bar and the car do not have the knocking sound,tomorrow will be going to E-REV MOTORSPORT to discuss abt this matter.

think will ask for re-fund first and advise ultra racing to retify this problem,if not will be wasting my time hanging on to this bar.

spin

Back to top Go down

Post by waypoint 18th September 2009, 11:33 pm

Bro Muff, I just checked mine also. Same point wear mark. But I've had no knocking sounds so far. If anything at all, the installed strut bars have eliminated most, if not all, the sounds and noises associated with flexing and distortion.

I have no intention to do anything about it... yet.

BR,
w a y
waypoint
waypoint

Back to top Go down

Post by muff 18th September 2009, 11:37 pm

nothing wrote:if that's the case, likely the strut bar doesn't sit properly or worse case, after a period on the road, the screws loosen.....is there any washer used with the nuts?

may i know when did you install the strut bar ? and when you started having the knocking sound ?
muff
muff

Back to top Go down

Post by spin 18th September 2009, 11:48 pm

i install the strut bar for abt one month ago and recently happen to hear the knocking sound..but the knocking sound is very mild.

spin

Back to top Go down

Post by muff 18th September 2009, 11:49 pm

waypoint wrote:Bro Muff, I just checked mine also. Same point wear mark. But I've had no knocking sounds so far. If anything at all, the installed strut bars have eliminated most, if not all, the sounds and noises associated with flexing and distortion.

I have no intention to do anything about it... yet.

BR,
w a y
bro way, I've not heard any knocking sound too (maybe my sound system too loud lah) ....but I'm juz concern about the contact between the strut against the bonnet....shouldn't be happening....but I muz say that I'm very satisfied with the bars..... Encounter knocking sound after change the damper 332362
muff
muff

Back to top Go down

Post by muff 18th September 2009, 11:53 pm

spin wrote:i install the strut bar for abt one month ago and recently happen to hear the knocking sound..but the knocking sound is very mild.

Bro, do update us on E-Rev respond.....BTW did they use any torque wrench to tighten the nuts during the installation ?
muff
muff

Back to top Go down

Post by SpicyRed 18th September 2009, 11:59 pm

guys, going jb this coming mon with bro DC, have app with wong to install ARB & strut bar @ 1100hrs, any bros wana join us, we can rectify the problem right there.
SpicyRed
SpicyRed

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiang 19th September 2009, 12:08 am

muff wrote:

may i know when did you install the strut bar ? and when you started having the knocking sound ?

i install on the 12 sept .... heard the sound a few days back ....

i suspect is design problem ...
Kiang
Kiang

Back to top Go down

Post by waypoint 19th September 2009, 12:11 am

Keep us updated. The bolts on my car are definitely tightened sufficiently enough. And I'm quite sure what little contact between the strut bar mounting and bonnet can be resolved if the reservoir bracket is re-positioned elsewhere.

Thanks in advance.

BR,
w a y
waypoint
waypoint

Back to top Go down

Post by muff 19th September 2009, 12:14 am

SpicyRed wrote:guys, going jb this coming mon with bro DC, have app with wong to install ARB & strut bar @ 1100hrs, any bros wana join us, we can rectify the problem right there.

bro, not to worry too much about the contact problem, it is minimal......only a very small area (about 3 mm) of chipped-off of paint for me....do enjoy the different after the installation.... Encounter knocking sound after change the damper 332362
muff
muff

Back to top Go down

Post by nocash 19th September 2009, 12:24 am

Wow!!! Encounter knocking sound after change the damper Affraid paint chipped off cause by the strub bar...
need to look look tomorow..
nocash
nocash

Back to top Go down

Post by impact2001 19th September 2009, 11:30 am

Ya.. Just observed mine in the morning.. Really got paint chipped off.. But i didnt hear any sound from the bonnet.
impact2001
impact2001

Back to top Go down

Post by waypoint 19th September 2009, 11:39 am

Yes, same for me. No sound so far that's why I didn't notice the paint chip and what not.
waypoint
waypoint

Back to top Go down

Post by nocash 19th September 2009, 3:49 pm

Mine also got paint chip off a bit.But didnt hear any sound from the bonnet.
nocash
nocash

Back to top Go down

Post by waypoint 19th September 2009, 4:17 pm

On the strut bar mounting bracket...

Encounter knocking sound after change the damper 19092010

It's really not as bad as it looks. Just the paint work being worn away between to pinpoint contacts. Notice the bracket of the reservoir under the strut bar mounting bracket which I am sure has propped up the mounting bracket a little higher than it's supposed to be.

And the bonnet location...

Encounter knocking sound after change the damper 19092011

As I said earlier, I have no intention to do anything as I am for the better handling... Unless I start hearing things and rusting occurs; which I highly doubt since the two points are in constant(?) contact.

BR,
w a y
waypoint
waypoint

Back to top Go down

Post by muff 19th September 2009, 4:39 pm

Look like this problem is affecting all Forte regardless of EX or SX, Manual or Auto and all on the same location (Top Right Hand Side of strut bar contact under surface of bonnet).....

Anymore bro/sis having this problems too ?
muff
muff

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next