Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» assay
Metal knocking sound Empty4th August 2011, 10:13 pm by Guest

» APP Leading Website Generator
Metal knocking sound Empty4th August 2011, 11:47 am by Guest

» check-up
Metal knocking sound Empty4th August 2011, 10:03 am by Guest

» Blu-ray to iPad Ripper lift Blu glimmer DVD movies quest of iPad
Metal knocking sound Empty4th August 2011, 8:24 am by Guest

» ubiquitous
Metal knocking sound Empty4th August 2011, 6:07 am by Guest

» South african indian dating. Nz internet dating.
Metal knocking sound Empty3rd August 2011, 8:57 pm by Guest

» WHAT CREEPY IDEA ON YOUTUBE HASN'T ALREADY BEEN DONE YET?
Metal knocking sound Empty3rd August 2011, 7:30 pm by Guest

» buy facebook fan f8
Metal knocking sound Empty3rd August 2011, 3:15 pm by Guest

» division
Metal knocking sound Empty3rd August 2011, 11:43 am by Guest

RSS feeds

MSN 

Metal knocking sound

+10
jl1500k
johnkit
scorpey
pessimizt
saturnz^83
kapitan
JuanST
SpicyRed
solace
lukester
14 posters

Go down

Metal knocking sound Empty Metal knocking sound

Post by lukester 3rd August 2009, 11:25 pm

I believe we all have our fair share of HKS.

But I found another annoying sound. Its like the sound of taking a spanner to knock a thick hollow pipe.

Gong gong gong, its not that loud but rather audible from the interior of the car. I only hear when i start to move off the car. I suspect its because the engine is cold, anyone else hear that? or something wrong with my ear?
lukester
lukester

Back to top Go down

Metal knocking sound Empty Re: Metal knocking sound

Post by solace 8th August 2009, 6:13 pm

Hi,

is the sound still there? does it happend everytime or sometime? when it happend, are you making a slow right turn? i have metal scratching sound.

solace

Back to top Go down

Post by lukester 8th August 2009, 7:16 pm

its not very loud bro.

and only sometimes. since I wrote on the forum, the sound dare not come out liao.

I can't really remember if its there when i turn right.
lukester
lukester

Back to top Go down

Post by SpicyRed 18th August 2009, 2:17 am

hey, i also ve this sound...
e 1st time, abt a mth ago, it was aft install alarm & go for e 1st svc on e same day, i started to notice e sound.
ask my wife to sit behind & ask her if she cld pinpt where e sound come fr.
she think it fr e exhaust, so aft stop e car, chkout if anything abt to drop off...ok leh.
i also notice that only when turning L/R, sometime u can hear it.
don't feel right, so send in to LK for verify.
was told sound came from rear seat latch that was not secure properly.

last few days, e sound is back again No
e worst thing is, nt everytime u can hear it.
u nd to turn off ur radio to notice e sound.

ve any of u experience this sound?
mine is OPC car, will monitor e sound @ nite agin aft work.
SpicyRed
SpicyRed

Back to top Go down

Post by solace 21st August 2009, 1:12 am

Hi, Finally managed to simulate the sitiuation sometime. The sound can be heard if i do a 3/4 turn of the steering wheel to the right on slow speed. seems to be related to steering. sometime if you are waiting at the traffic light, you may feel the steering sort of vibrating by itself.

reaching 6K soon, hopefully i can show it to C&C by then and resolve this problem.

Keep posting. Smile

solace

Back to top Go down

Post by SpicyRed 21st August 2009, 11:17 am

solace wrote:Hi, Finally managed to simulate the sitiuation sometime. The sound can be heard if i do a 3/4 turn of the steering wheel to the right on slow speed. seems to be related to steering. sometime if you are waiting at the traffic light, you may feel the steering sort of vibrating by itself.

reaching 6K soon, hopefully i can show it to C&C by then and resolve this problem.

Keep posting. Smile

bro, i think ur problem diff fr us leh

maybe u wana goto this thread to find how more abt steering problem
http://www.ceratoforte.forumotion.com/general-discussion-for-forte-owners-f2/when-turning-steering-wheel-got-slight-creaking-sound-t848.htm?highlight=steering+wheel

as for me, haven't got the chance to do more testing the metal knocking sound
2nite will monitor & update again.
hope nothing will drop off What a Face
SpicyRed
SpicyRed

Back to top Go down

Post by JuanST 21st August 2009, 11:45 am

SpicyRed wrote:
solace wrote:Hi, Finally managed to simulate the sitiuation sometime. The sound can be heard if i do a 3/4 turn of the steering wheel to the right on slow speed. seems to be related to steering. sometime if you are waiting at the traffic light, you may feel the steering sort of vibrating by itself.

Keep posting. Smile

bro, i think ur problem diff fr us leh

maybe u wana goto this thread to find how more abt steering problem
http://www.ceratoforte.forumotion.com/general-discussion-for-forte-owners-f2/when-turning-steering-wheel-got-slight-creaking-sound-t848.htm?highlight=steering+wheel

as for me, haven't got the chance to do more testing the metal knocking sound
2nite will monitor & update again.
hope nothing will drop off What a Face

if related to steering, pls get it checked.... it may be the oil is not enuf or ur tube is busted or leaking.
JuanST
JuanST

Back to top Go down

Post by SpicyRed 25th August 2009, 1:09 pm

hey guys, manage to rectify the metal knocking sound.
confirm the sound is due to the rear seats latch that was not secure to car.
it cld be my son who sometime can't sit still, playing @ the back, but then again, how isit that is so easy to unlock the rear seats from the car?

i'll highlight this problem on my next svc, in the meantime, will it be danger if suddenly i brake, do any of u think the whole rear seats will fall inward? eeek
SpicyRed
SpicyRed

Back to top Go down

Post by kapitan 25th August 2009, 1:15 pm

SpicyRed wrote:hey guys, manage to rectify the metal knocking sound.
it cld be my son who sometime can't sit still, playing @ the back, but then again, how isit that is so easy to unlock the rear seats from the car?

i'll highlight this problem on my next svc, in the meantime, will it be danger if suddenly i brake, do any of u think the whole rear seats will fall inward? eeek

You open the boot.... you push the lever for the rear seats in, it will stay that way... you to to your back seats and fold down.... when your put back your seats in place, even if you have heard the click, you must open your boot... pull the lever to lock the seats in place, otherwise the seats can still be folded down, as the lever have been pushed in previously.

Guess this is so that you can retrieve your umbrella kept in boot from inside your car by the back seat paxs when it is raining.... Smile
kapitan
kapitan

Back to top Go down

Post by SpicyRed 25th August 2009, 1:22 pm

kapitan wrote:
SpicyRed wrote:hey guys, manage to rectify the metal knocking sound.

You open the boot.... you push the lever for the rear seats in, it will stay that way... you to to your back seats and fold down.... when your put back your seats in place, even if you have heard the click, you must open your boot... pull the lever to lock the seats in place, otherwise the seats can still be folded down, as the lever have been pushed in previously.

Guess this is so that you can retrieve your umbrella kept in boot from inside your car by the back seat paxs when it is raining.... Smile

thks bro, will keep that in mind thumbsup
SpicyRed
SpicyRed

Back to top Go down

Post by saturnz^83 28th August 2009, 5:39 pm

I also encounter the metal rattling sound, at the dashboard area..but duno y recently the sound disappear liao..it's been 1 mth or so already..hmm..
Now the only thing for me is the knocking sound..oh! and also one more thing which i encountered today when i winded down the window when driving..duno is i tink too much or not..i can hear a sound ma chiam like tape sticked onto the tyre and wind blows and hit the tape that kind of sound.."tek tek tek"... hai..
saturnz^83
saturnz^83

Back to top Go down

Post by pessimizt 28th August 2009, 6:35 pm

is it you still have some plastic sticker havent removed from the cabin or below the carpet ?
pessimizt
pessimizt

Back to top Go down

Post by scorpey 30th August 2009, 10:24 am

after 1k servicing i hv this metal knocking sound.. my case is quite different.. i heard it only after my drive.. the mt i turn off engine.. there is this soft "ting....ting..." sound like somethg knock on a hollow pipe evey 3 sec interval... i manage to track it to somewhere from the undercarriage... but difficult to pin point where..
i couldn't understand understand is if engine if off.. car is parked.. by right shdn't hv moving parts right?? how come got such weird sound.. Sad
scorpey
scorpey

Back to top Go down

Post by SpicyRed 30th August 2009, 2:27 pm

scorpey wrote:after 1k servicing i hv this metal knocking sound.. my case is quite different.. i heard it only after my drive.. the mt i turn off engine.. there is this soft "ting....ting..." sound like somethg knock on a hollow pipe evey 3 sec interval... i manage to track it to somewhere from the undercarriage... but difficult to pin point where..
i couldn't understand understand is if engine if off.. car is parked.. by right shdn't hv moving parts right?? how come got such weird sound.. Sad

bro, i think u better send ur ride to c&c for verify asap just like mine (ve a peace of mind)b4 something starting to fall off... No
SpicyRed
SpicyRed

Back to top Go down

Post by scorpey 4th September 2009, 9:26 pm

just came back from CnC service centre.. they claim the "tik tik" sound after turning off engine is "normal" due to contraction of the exhaust.. but i told him my fren forte and the rest (forum ppl) dun hv this problem.. they just keep saying its normal.. damn DL..
Den they tried to solve my side mirror zee zee sound by "tightening the area".. the moment i hit 80kph on the road.. the sound is there again.. super DL liao.. will write in to complaint!! Sad
scorpey
scorpey

Back to top Go down

Post by johnkit 4th September 2009, 11:54 pm

Juz came bac from JB, suddenly hear the knock sound when the car start moving, not very loud, hardly hear when the car move on higher speed. When reach home, without shutdown the engine, i open engine bay and ask my wife step on the accelerator slowly, then i manage to trace the sound is came from the aircon belt(or generator belt? not sure which one). Did somebody have the same issue as mine? Please advice.

johnkit

Back to top Go down

Post by jl1500k 5th September 2009, 12:22 am

scorpey wrote:just came back from CnC service centre.. they claim the "tik tik" sound after turning off engine is "normal" due to contraction of the exhaust.. but i told him my fren forte and the rest (forum ppl) dun hv this problem.. they just keep saying its normal.. damn DL..
Den they tried to solve my side mirror zee zee sound by "tightening the area".. the moment i hit 80kph on the road.. the sound is there again.. super DL liao.. will write in to complaint!! Sad

I think the forte is quite new and C&C service guys may be have enough experience to trobleshoot the problem.
jl1500k
jl1500k

Back to top Go down

Post by FriesL 5th September 2009, 12:53 am

wah... now thinking of checking over other makes forum to see.. if some of the famous MIJ have all these issues..

FriesL

Back to top Go down

Post by lukester 7th September 2009, 7:43 pm

scorpey wrote:just came back from CnC service centre.. they claim the "tik tik" sound after turning off engine is "normal" due to contraction of the exhaust.. but i told him my fren forte and the rest (forum ppl) dun hv this problem.. they just keep saying its normal.. damn DL..

Yah the 'tik tik tik" sound is normal. I have it too.

My old cars in aussie is like that too, but abit louder. its due to contraction, so don't worry about it. but zee zee sound its quite DL for me too.
lukester
lukester

Back to top Go down

Post by scorpey 7th September 2009, 8:11 pm

lukester wrote:

Yah the 'tik tik tik" sound is normal. I have it too.

My old cars in aussie is like that too, but abit louder. its due to contraction, so don't worry about it. but zee zee sound its quite DL for me too.

so ur still have both sound huh? as for the metal knocking.. i notice when i close the door.. i can hear soft knocking sound same like the tik tik but sofer.. hence, im not really sure if it is due to contraction or something undercarriage is loose.. anyway they claimed that they check n everything is ok.. Sad
as for zee zee sound.. i tried to stuff some plastic sheet between the contact point on the base of the side mirror and the part where u can turn.. notice it helps cos the sound came out at a higher speed.. ard 90kph.. i will try to adjust again next time n see if can totally silent it.. if so, can ask them to solve the problem.. cos they told me to monitor the situation..
scorpey
scorpey

Back to top Go down

Post by impact2001 19th October 2009, 2:33 am

i only hear the knocking sound when i slammed the rear passenger door.. But that depends on the parking position, if wheels all straight with the chasis, no sounds.. if front wheels slight ajar to an certain angle, slam the door will cause some vibration knocking sound coming from the undercarrige.. During driving, bo hear the sound. Smile
impact2001
impact2001

Back to top Go down

Post by scorpey 19th October 2009, 11:25 am

ah yes, if i close my doors (any door) will hear the metal knocking sound from undercarriage caused by vibration too.. a malaysian fren was with me last sat, he is driving BMW 325, saying this sound is common.. he has it oso in his ride too but not so loud as mine.. his view is same as CnC saying its coming from exhaust system but shd be ok.. anyway will still ask CnC to check on my next servcing. Razz
scorpey
scorpey

Back to top Go down

Post by Aloysius 15th February 2010, 2:15 am

hi pple.. below is really what i call metal knock sound.. super sianz...