Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» assay
Encounter knocking sound after change the damper - Page 2 Empty4th August 2011, 10:13 pm by Guest

» APP Leading Website Generator
Encounter knocking sound after change the damper - Page 2 Empty4th August 2011, 11:47 am by Guest

» check-up
Encounter knocking sound after change the damper - Page 2 Empty4th August 2011, 10:03 am by Guest

» Blu-ray to iPad Ripper lift Blu glimmer DVD movies quest of iPad
Encounter knocking sound after change the damper - Page 2 Empty4th August 2011, 8:24 am by Guest

» ubiquitous
Encounter knocking sound after change the damper - Page 2 Empty4th August 2011, 6:07 am by Guest

» South african indian dating. Nz internet dating.
Encounter knocking sound after change the damper - Page 2 Empty3rd August 2011, 8:57 pm by Guest

» WHAT CREEPY IDEA ON YOUTUBE HASN'T ALREADY BEEN DONE YET?
Encounter knocking sound after change the damper - Page 2 Empty3rd August 2011, 7:30 pm by Guest

» buy facebook fan f8
Encounter knocking sound after change the damper - Page 2 Empty3rd August 2011, 3:15 pm by Guest

» division
Encounter knocking sound after change the damper - Page 2 Empty3rd August 2011, 11:43 am by Guest

RSS feeds

MSN 

Encounter knocking sound after change the damper

+10
keigo
nocash
SpicyRed
Kiang
greatgazoo
impact2001
muff
waypoint
nothing
spin
14 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Encounter knocking sound after change the damper - Page 2 Empty Re: Encounter knocking sound after change the damper

Post by impact2001 19th September 2009, 4:40 pm

Well, i was thinking if the sound really come from there as it's really minimal contact to cause much abrasion sound.. Perhaps should further monitor whether the bar will come loose or not..

So far I knw, Wong uses his air gun to tighten the front strut instead of hand tighten.. So it should be very firm.. Smile

Design wise, I will feedback to him and hope future batch will be better..
impact2001
impact2001

Back to top Go down

Encounter knocking sound after change the damper - Page 2 Empty Re: Encounter knocking sound after change the damper

Post by impact2001 19th September 2009, 4:42 pm

muff wrote:Look like this problem is affecting all Forte regardless of EX or SX, Manual or Auto and all on the same location (Top Right Hand Side of strut bar contact under surface of bonnet).....

Anymore bro/sis having this problems too ?

I will say its affecting small paint chip off.. As for the sound, hard to say..
impact2001
impact2001

Back to top Go down

Post by muff 19th September 2009, 5:02 pm

when two metal surfaces contact each other (evidence of chipped-off paint on both surfaces) .... surely there will be some sound but it is probably very soft judging from the small contact areas.... Encounter knocking sound after change the damper - Page 2 Icon_biggrin

As long as it does not get worse after longer usages....I can live with it.... Encounter knocking sound after change the damper - Page 2 Icon_biggrin
muff
muff

Back to top Go down

Post by waypoint 19th September 2009, 6:57 pm

I have written to Ultra Racing in Malaysia and see what they will do to resolve the issue.

I wonder if Bro PillowER has issues with his Front Strut Bar? Bro, you wanna chime in?

FWIW, they'll have a better product when the Naza version of the Forte starts rolling out.

Thanks.

BR,
w a y
waypoint
waypoint

Back to top Go down

Post by muff 19th September 2009, 7:11 pm

bro, I've also written to them ... lets wait for their reply Encounter knocking sound after change the damper - Page 2 Icon_biggrin
muff
muff

Back to top Go down

Post by impact2001 19th September 2009, 7:17 pm

Hope to receive good news.
impact2001
impact2001

Back to top Go down

Post by keigo 19th September 2009, 7:25 pm

impact2001 wrote:Well, i was thinking if the sound really come from there as it's really minimal contact to cause much abrasion sound.. Perhaps should further monitor whether the bar will come loose or not..

So far I knw, Wong uses his air gun to tighten the front strut instead of hand tighten.. So it should be very firm.. Encounter knocking sound after change the damper - Page 2 Icon_smile

Well lastest update from me... I also have the same amount of paint chip off from the right...as all the bro here shown on their car...

Mine is SX Auto 2.0L and dont have the water reservoir and also have this issue... so I don't think it is the water reservoir for EX that causes the paint chip cause if it is then the size should be great and not the same as those Auto car.

I dont think I have hear any noise yet... maybe never listen carefully. But my biggest worry is will the contact point keep rubbing each other when we are driving cause this will cause serious wear and tear on both side....which is a no no...

But if there won't be any rubbing but just that the 2 items are touch each other only then should be ok. So the paint chip will tell us in the long run if it is just touching or they have rubbing occur.

Lastly Impact what you mention on top is not the same as muff, nocash we all encounter when we install our front strut bar.. they use hand instead of air gun.

When I ask them why never use air gun, the installer confirm no wong claim that if they use air gun the screw will be damaged.

So look like we are been treated with a lousy service or sub standard as you had experience. Encounter knocking sound after change the damper - Page 2 Icon_cry
keigo
keigo

Back to top Go down

Post by nocash 19th September 2009, 8:52 pm

keigo wrote:
impact2001 wrote:Well, i was thinking if the sound really come from there as it's really minimal contact to cause much abrasion sound.. Perhaps should further monitor whether the bar will come loose or not..

So far I knw, Wong uses his air gun to tighten the front strut instead of hand tighten.. So it should be very firm.. Encounter knocking sound after change the damper - Page 2 Icon_smile

Well lastest update from me... I also have the same amount of paint chip off from the right...as all the bro here shown on their car...

Mine is SX Auto 2.0L and dont have the water reservoir and also have this issue... so I don't think it is the water reservoir for EX that causes the paint chip cause if it is then the size should be great and not the same as those Auto car.

I dont think I have hear any noise yet... maybe never listen carefully. But my biggest worry is will the contact point keep rubbing each other when we are driving cause this will cause serious wear and tear on both side....which is a no no...

But if there won't be any rubbing but just that the 2 items are touch each other only then should be ok. So the paint chip will tell us in the long run if it is just touching or they have rubbing occur.

Lastly Impact what you mention on top is not the same as muff, nocash we all encounter when we install our front strut bar.. they use hand instead of air gun.

When I ask them why never use air gun, the installer confirm no wong claim that if they use air gun the screw will be damaged.

So look like we are been treated with a lousy service or sub standard as you had experience. Encounter knocking sound after change the damper - Page 2 Icon_cry

There's one way to solve this issue...grind off the area that hit the bonnet...
donno warrenty still got cover?
nocash
nocash

Back to top Go down

Post by waypoint 19th September 2009, 11:53 pm

Patience... We'll see what UR, M'sia says in their replies to us first.

"Dear Sir,

Please allow me to bring your attention to this thread in the Singapore KIA Cerato Forte Owners' Forum. We definitely hope to hear from the Head Office instead of suggestions which may not be technically sound from the people/ workshops who installed the bars. I am one of those with the problem as well.

http://www.ceratoforte.forumotion.com/general-discussion-for-forte-owners-f2/encounter-knocking-sound-after-change-the-damper-t1549.htm

We look forward to your prompt and favourable reply.

Thank you and Selamat Hari Raya!

BR,
xxxxx, Singapore"
waypoint
waypoint

Back to top Go down

Post by keigo 20th September 2009, 12:16 am

nocash wrote:
keigo wrote:

There's one way to solve this issue...grind off the area that hit the bonnet...
donno warrenty still got cover?

err instead of grind off why not place a dumper over it....

but let see what UR have to say first before we do anything..
keigo
keigo

Back to top Go down

Post by waypoint 20th September 2009, 12:32 am

I'd advise against sticking anything between the two contact points since they already are so close together as it is. You don't want to have a deformed/distorted bonnet, do you?
waypoint
waypoint

Back to top Go down

Post by impact2001 20th September 2009, 1:03 am

Monday I will go look up Wong and see how he say..
impact2001
impact2001

Back to top Go down

Post by hobbes 20th September 2009, 7:43 pm

i'm going in tomorrow with 2 other bros to install the bars and i think we shall insist on using the air gun instead.

also, i think the bar is a bit senget in terms of design, else there should be a clearance between bar and bonnet. i guess we're all customers of the 1st batch of bars, which usually will have defects.

hobbes

Back to top Go down

Post by impact2001 20th September 2009, 8:44 pm

Hi all,

I had met up TRC MOTORSPORT Wong, and show him the defect area.. So basically UR also had been notified by him and also by some of our brothers email..

Not to worry, Wong will recongise this defect problem and he mention that he will call up individual to replace the Front strut bar once the design had be rectified. So this will take some time for UR engineering team to re-look into the design and to re-produce the bars. Once the bars had arrived, Wong will either call you personally or call me should he not able to contact you guys, to re-arrange for a replacement.

I will still keep everyone in the loop of any latest update. Thanks.

Last edited by impact2001 on 20th September 2009, 9:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
impact2001
impact2001

Back to top Go down

Post by impact2001 20th September 2009, 8:46 pm

hobbes wrote:i'm going in tomorrow with 2 other bros to install the bars and i think we shall insist on using the air gun instead.

also, i think the bar is a bit senget in terms of design, else there should be a clearance between bar and bonnet. i guess we're all customers of the 1st batch of bars, which usually will have defects.

Don't worry, I will also be there to see see.. Smile
impact2001
impact2001

Back to top Go down

Post by waypoint 20th September 2009, 11:23 pm

To: 'waypoint'
Sent: Sunday, September 20, 2009 5:54 PM
Subject: RE: KIA Cerato Forte Front Strut Bar Issue

Thanks for your email, we will check it and reproduction for you all. Just visit your dealer and we will send the new bars to our dealer as soon as possible . Sorry for any inconvenienced and thanks for support of our products.

Thanks

Best Regards,

Elson Tong
Ultra Racing (M) Sdn Bhd

No.25, Jalan Bukit Permai Utama 3, Taman Industri Bukit Permai ,
56100 Kuala Lumpur.

Tel:+603-42804213
Fax:+603-42804313 Hand Phone :012-2090300

elson.tong@ultraracing.com.my

www.ultraracing.com.my
waypoint
waypoint

Back to top Go down

Post by muff 21st September 2009, 12:19 pm

me got the same reply too.....so now got to wait for them to update us when the new bars are ready.... Encounter knocking sound after change the damper - Page 2 Icon_biggrin like the prompt & decisive reply Encounter knocking sound after change the damper - Page 2 332362
muff
muff

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiang 21st September 2009, 10:44 pm

So far I knw, Wong uses his air gun to tighten the front strut instead of hand tighten.. So it should be very firm.. Smile

Bro,

Wong use hand to tighten for me wor ....
Kiang
Kiang

Back to top Go down

Post by dc 22nd September 2009, 1:14 am

There are 2 screws for the strut bar. However, they only use air gun on 1 screw only. They use spanner for the other one. I'm going to my friend workshop to see if i'm able to remove the plastic that house the wiper spray and air gun screw the other screw.

Btw, any1 experience vibration of the steering wheel at speed after 120km/h after installing the strut bar? Before installation, the steering wheel is stable for speed up to 140km/h before i feel slight vibration.

DC

dc

Back to top Go down

Post by hobbes 22nd September 2009, 10:19 am

hi guys,

i just installed at trc yesterday with another two fortes.

the feedback from previous posts say that the paint is chipped off at the left-hand side of the bonnet (facing the car). i checked my car yesterday after driving back from jb and i realised both left and right sides of the bonnet are chipped.

since i've some leftover insulation foam, i just cut a piece out and put it over each end of the strut bar as cushion between the contact points.

hopefully UR gets the new bars out asap.

hobbes

Back to top Go down

Post by dc 22nd September 2009, 3:24 pm

i did use the insulation foam but after checking today, it was still rubbed past.. and the metal meet each other again..

Mine got chipped on both sides as well.

DC

dc

Back to top Go down

Post by hobbes 22nd September 2009, 3:49 pm

hi dc,

your experience is opposite of mine. my steering is unstable at high speed (130-145) without the bar, but slightly better now, although the max i've went is 120. yet to try 140km/h.

but there is this squeaky metallic sound coming from engine bay, like those old army beds with coil springs that are not oiled. is yours like that too?

hobbes

Back to top Go down

Post by SpicyRed 23rd September 2009, 3:36 am

its was my 1st time going to JB aft more than 4 yrs ago
thks for DC bro as my guiding light to TRC on mon installation
make a wrong turn once into JB, lucky DC bro came to my rescue Encounter knocking sound after change the damper - Page 2 Alien

i suspect for the sound from the strub bar got nothing to do with whether they use air gun or spanner, most likely from the design of the bar.
SpicyRed
SpicyRed

Back to top Go down

Post by Terrier 29th September 2009, 12:05 pm

keigo wrote:

It is true that not all parts are required to use airgun.. which will spoilt the screw..
Terrier
Terrier

Back to top Go down

Post by Terrier 29th September 2009, 12:11 pm

Anyway mine got 2 point chipped off too..

bro impact.. hope to hear from u soon =X

Need to go find my receipt already..
Terrier
Terrier

Back to top Go down

Post by waypoint 1st October 2009, 1:00 am

I have received an email to swap out my front strut bar. Will be heading down to get it done on Saturday early afternoon. Will update! Encounter knocking sound after change the damper - Page 2 332362

BR,
w a y
waypoint
waypoint

Back to top Go down

Post by kreios_usa 1st October 2009, 1:45 am

SpicyRed wrote:

i suspect for the sound from the strut bar got nothing to do with whether they use air gun or spanner, most likely from the design of the bar.

Hello from the US! I'm also having that noise from the front right, but I do not have a strut bar installed. I can reproduce the sound almost 99% of the time by driving over a speed bump at 3 or 4 mph. If you roll down your window & turn off your radio & fan, then drive over a speed bump and listen. Kia has replaced both left & right strut's, strut housing and bushings but did not fix the problem. I'm awaiting for parts from Kia Korea engineers. I think that it IS a defect with the Cerato/Forte. I will let you know if and when I have resolved the problem.
kreios_usa
kreios_usa

Back to top Go down

Post by Terrier 1st October 2009, 2:24 am

Hi kreios.. nice to have a mate from US..

anyway, somemore KIA korea has assist KIA SG to fix on the knocking sound and this problem have been resolved on our side.

What u can advise KIA US is to replace front left and right damper, alternative is advise KIA US to seek assist from KIA SG.

Hope u resolves your nightmare soon =)
Terrier
Terrier

Back to top Go down

Post by spin 1st October 2009, 12:12 pm

hi all,

yesterday when down to r-rev to fix on the new amended strut bar,but found that the bar do not sit nicely onto the mounting which left a gap.i think is really the design problem which they will re-check with the factory again.

spin

Back to top Go down

Post by Terrier 1st October 2009, 12:44 pm

which means it not advisable to replace the new amended strut bar now aso?
Terrier
Terrier

Back to top Go down

Post by spin 1st October 2009, 12:47 pm

from my the point of view..i cannot accept the strut bar not sitting fitting properly onto the mounting.

spin

Back to top Go down

Post by Terrier 1st October 2009, 12:56 pm

yes... insecure screw or improper screw will break the screw after long term cornering..

with this gap means that the strutbar have abit of loose freeplay which might affect the screw too..

hope they rectify this issue soon..
Terrier
Terrier

Back to top Go down

Post by impact2001 1st October 2009, 4:05 pm

Hi all, I just called TRC up and Wong informed me that he have not yet received the ammended design from UR. But anyway, once available.. I suggest let me try out first and see if the design had really been ammended to fit.
impact2001
impact2001

Back to top Go down

Post by Terrier 1st October 2009, 4:15 pm

I called UR distri in KL, they are unaware of the new amended UR aso. Dont know is it true that e-r*v really got the new amended UR or just entertaining? =X
Terrier
Terrier

Back to top Go down

Post by impact2001 1st October 2009, 4:36 pm

Anyway I will try to take pictures to show the before and after design.. Let me try it out first before you guys go in and installed.. Later all go in and whack, and found out no improvement at all.. Waste everyone's time only.
impact2001
impact2001

Back to top Go down

Post by Terrier 1st October 2009, 4:52 pm

yea thanks ... hope to hear from u soon
Terrier
Terrier

Back to top Go down

Post by spin 1st October 2009, 5:44 pm

for wat i know that the only difference is the top is lower a bit and others remain the same.

spin

Back to top Go down

Post by waypoint 1st October 2009, 8:53 pm

Done! Seems all they did was to grind down the top of the end-pieces/mounting bracket and painted over the bare metal.

Encounter knocking sound after change the damper - Page 2 01102010

Encounter knocking sound after change the damper - Page 2 01102011

And a spot of touch-up paint to cover up the bare metal spot under the bonnet...

Encounter knocking sound after change the damper - Page 2 01102012

Encounter knocking sound after change the damper - Page 2 01102013

... and it's as good as new. Encounter knocking sound after change the damper - Page 2 Icon_biggrin

And a satisfied customer overall. Will be back down later to the car to put corresponding marks with a marker on the bolt and nut to see if they do come loose over time from vibration.

BR,
w a y

Last edited by waypoint on 1st October 2009, 10:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
waypoint
waypoint

Back to top Go down

Post by muff 1st October 2009, 9:11 pm

bro, did they grind off a lot of metal from the top (any est)? Thinking of DIY.... Encounter knocking sound after change the damper - Page 2 Icon_scratch
muff
muff

Back to top Go down

Post by Terrier 1st October 2009, 10:26 pm

bro.. the touchup on your bonnet is by u or by TRC Wong?
Terrier
Terrier

Back to top Go down

Post by waypoint 1st October 2009, 10:43 pm

Encounter knocking sound after change the damper - Page 2 Kopfschuettel Don't DIY! I am sure the swap-out replacement offer is the same regardless of which outlet you got your bar from so long as they are genuine. The replacement bars are already 'pre-modified' for immediate installation. I had sent an email to e-Rev the same day I sent the email out to UR in KL. In my case, I am sure both the warranty and eventual trade-in offer are still valid.

BR,
w a y

muff wrote:bro, did they grind off a lot of metal from the top (any est)? Thinking of DIY.... Encounter knocking sound after change the damper - Page 2 Icon_scratch
waypoint
waypoint

Back to top Go down

Post by waypoint 1st October 2009, 10:46 pm

The 'quick and dirty' touch-up is done by moi using the nail-polish bottle(with brush) of IM paint I got from C&C sometime ago. Just make sure the surface to be painted is free of dirt, oil and any other contaminants before dabbing on the paint. And don't forget to shake that bottle well! Encounter knocking sound after change the damper - Page 2 Fresse

Terrier wrote:bro.. the touchup on your bonnet is by u or by TRC Wong?
waypoint
waypoint

Back to top Go down

Post by waypoint 1st October 2009, 10:49 pm

It's almost down to where the weld line is between the bar and bracket. If I were a metal-work teaching associate like back in my secondary school days, I'd give the quality of work a 'B-'.

muff wrote:bro, did they grind off a lot of metal from the top (any est)? Thinking of DIY.... Encounter knocking sound after change the damper - Page 2 Icon_scratch
waypoint
waypoint

Back to top Go down

Post by impact2001 6th October 2009, 1:37 am

Terrier wrote:bro.. the touchup on your bonnet is by u or by TRC Wong?

Bro waypoint struts bar is done in Sg for your info..

Anyway, hmmm... I wondering why TRC bo call me up leh. Perhaps tmr I give him a call to see what the status.. Cannot be Sg dealer already had the modified bars received while TRC still not yet..
impact2001
impact2001

Back to top Go down

Post by Terrier 6th October 2009, 1:41 am

bro.. i went to msia today, since passing by TRC so I went to look for wong.

He said that the stock will be coming in this week and he will called us all for replacement.
Terrier
Terrier

Back to top Go down

Post by impact2001 6th October 2009, 1:47 am

but then hor, why Sg vendor already received? some more TRC is the one who started these bars for forte leh.. Is it Sg vendors taking things into their "own hands" by modifying themselves?

If like that, i really have concern for those bros that install in sg.
impact2001
impact2001

Back to top Go down

Post by Terrier 6th October 2009, 1:53 am

haha impact.. that is what I guess too..

Its either they DIY themselves or because of waypoint email, UR-KL might send a set to SG and install on waypoint vehicle to see if that fix the problem. If it fixed then they proceed with the mass production to avoid further mistake.
Terrier
Terrier

Back to top Go down

Post by impact2001 6th October 2009, 2:00 am

Terrier wrote:haha impact.. that is what I guess too..

Its either they DIY themselves or because of waypoint email, UR-KL might send a set to SG and install on waypoint vehicle to see if that fix the problem. If it fixed then they proceed with the mass production to avoid further mistake.

Ok.. but so far I knw, UR KL side had called up Wong regarding this problem (i knw it because they will talking abt it over the phone in front of me) and Wong told me he will go up to KL in the night to address the problem with UR KL next day morning. He had the pictures of my car and others bros here so he can show them the defects.
impact2001
impact2001

Back to top Go down

Post by Terrier 6th October 2009, 2:06 am

I already email my defect problem to UR KL.. but till now no response from them..

I check with wong.. he dont even bother to see cause he know the actual problem..

so we'll jsut wait since he said this week stock will come.
Terrier
Terrier

Back to top Go down

Post by impact2001 6th October 2009, 2:07 am

Terrier wrote:I already email my defect problem to UR KL.. but till now no response from them..

I check with wong.. he dont even bother to see cause he know the actual problem..

so we'll jsut wait since he said this week stock will come.

Cos he SAW mine and others pictures.. lol.. so no need see urs liao... Ok.. lets wait then.
impact2001
impact2001

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next