Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» assay
Blue Engine Warm-Up Indicator Light - Page 2 Empty4th August 2011, 10:13 pm by Guest

» APP Leading Website Generator
Blue Engine Warm-Up Indicator Light - Page 2 Empty4th August 2011, 11:47 am by Guest

» check-up
Blue Engine Warm-Up Indicator Light - Page 2 Empty4th August 2011, 10:03 am by Guest

» Blu-ray to iPad Ripper lift Blu glimmer DVD movies quest of iPad
Blue Engine Warm-Up Indicator Light - Page 2 Empty4th August 2011, 8:24 am by Guest

» ubiquitous
Blue Engine Warm-Up Indicator Light - Page 2 Empty4th August 2011, 6:07 am by Guest

» South african indian dating. Nz internet dating.
Blue Engine Warm-Up Indicator Light - Page 2 Empty3rd August 2011, 8:57 pm by Guest

» WHAT CREEPY IDEA ON YOUTUBE HASN'T ALREADY BEEN DONE YET?
Blue Engine Warm-Up Indicator Light - Page 2 Empty3rd August 2011, 7:30 pm by Guest

» buy facebook fan f8
Blue Engine Warm-Up Indicator Light - Page 2 Empty3rd August 2011, 3:15 pm by Guest

» division
Blue Engine Warm-Up Indicator Light - Page 2 Empty3rd August 2011, 11:43 am by Guest

RSS feeds

MSN 

Blue Engine Warm-Up Indicator Light

+25
nywa78
leedevil
Juz@kid
Kiang
Kaisu7165
loveforte
chengwei
Divine
tish
ckpay
FeiLeong
lukester
kapitan
nothing
keigo
nocash
greatgazoo
FriesL
melburn
Fortec
muff
Leonard
tiny
Spiritseye
saturnz^83
29 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Blue Engine Warm-Up Indicator Light - Page 2 Empty Re: Blue Engine Warm-Up Indicator Light

Post by Divine 29th June 2009, 4:42 pm

i think ex dun have!!! the blue temp!! anyone has the blue led and is a ex please comfirm?
Divine
Divine

Back to top Go down

Blue Engine Warm-Up Indicator Light - Page 2 Empty Re: Blue Engine Warm-Up Indicator Light

Post by keigo 29th June 2009, 4:44 pm

Divine wrote:i think ex dun have!!! the blue temp!! anyone has the blue led and is a ex please comfirm?

Cannot be... all car should have.. this is the basis figure of the car....
keigo
keigo

Back to top Go down

Post by tish 29th June 2009, 5:02 pm

they confirm horlan when they install the wiring for the indicators.... korean using china workers?
tish
tish

Back to top Go down

Post by keigo 29th June 2009, 5:10 pm

tish wrote:they confirm horlan when they install the wiring for the indicators.... korean using china workers?

Tish you confirm dont have??? Cause I also never get to see it until that time I insert my key in and when I turn to start the engine my eye is alway on the display then I get to see the blue light and then very fast it turn off already..
keigo
keigo

Back to top Go down

Post by tish 29th June 2009, 5:34 pm

keigo wrote:
tish wrote:they confirm horlan when they install the wiring for the indicators.... korean using china workers?

Tish you confirm dont have??? Cause I also never get to see it until that time I insert my key in and when I turn to start the engine my eye is alway on the display then I get to see the blue light and then very fast it turn off already..
confirm dont have, it still appear when just start car in the morning n stay for like 1-2 minutes... Sad
tish
tish

Back to top Go down

Post by loveforte 29th June 2009, 5:35 pm

mine SX oso dun hav blue indicator on cold engine leh....y y y
loveforte
loveforte

Back to top Go down

Post by keigo 29th June 2009, 5:47 pm

loveforte wrote:mine SX oso dun hav blue indicator on cold engine leh....y y y

mine is very fast turn off.. I also dont know working or not... engine so fast warm up already mei...
keigo
keigo

Back to top Go down

Post by saturnz^83 29th June 2009, 7:03 pm

nocash wrote:
saturnz^83 wrote:
nocash wrote:
saturnz^83 wrote:
nothing wrote:The seat belt will be lighted on for 6 secs after that it will goes off irregardless u put on seat belt or not...same for EX and SX....with regard to the blue and red icon, I believed only for EX bcos the ride does not come with temp. sensor reading, while SX have the temp.bar display....Maybe to confirm those that can see the blue/red icon are driving EX...

Huh..so bro, that means EX also have seat-belt indicator light as well? Can any bros driving EX also able to double confirm this?

yes there is....only for few sec only....

Thanks bro..huh..need to sound out in my next 5K servicing liao..

your no indicator light at all?

Yes bro..not at all..
saturnz^83
saturnz^83

Back to top Go down

Post by saturnz^83 29th June 2009, 7:04 pm

ckpay wrote:
tish wrote:I saw red when start car, then disappear all the way till i off car lol!!

mine same... red when insert key, after awhile, disappear... never see blue...
does it suppose to show blue after initial red? Question

Yes it suppose to show, when u insert ur key, u will see red and after u crank, the blue will light up..
saturnz^83
saturnz^83

Back to top Go down

Post by saturnz^83 29th June 2009, 7:06 pm

Divine wrote:i think ex dun have!!! the blue temp!! anyone has the blue led and is a ex please comfirm?

Bro bro..i have leh...mine is EX (M)..confirmed!
saturnz^83
saturnz^83

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaisu7165 29th June 2009, 8:02 pm

My EX dun have leh Sad jus wrote an email to C&C to clarify & see if there's any other surprises.
Kaisu7165
Kaisu7165

Back to top Go down

Post by nocash 29th June 2009, 10:03 pm

[quote="saturnz^83"]

I have mine only after the 1st servicing scratch before that don't have blue temp appear....
nocash
nocash

Back to top Go down

Post by loveforte 29th June 2009, 10:21 pm

wad they do siak....
loveforte
loveforte

Back to top Go down

Post by ckpay 29th June 2009, 10:41 pm

saturnz^83 wrote:
ckpay wrote:
tish wrote:I saw red when start car, then disappear all the way till i off car lol!!

mine same... red when insert key, after awhile, disappear... never see blue...
does it suppose to show blue after initial red? Question

Yes it suppose to show, when u insert ur key, u will see red and after u crank, the blue will light up..

any bro who rectify this prob after send for servicing?

ckpay

Back to top Go down

Post by nocash 29th June 2009, 10:46 pm

loveforte wrote:wad they do siak....

i only realize the next morning.... Embarassed
nocash
nocash

Back to top Go down

Post by loveforte 29th June 2009, 11:39 pm

of coz...
bcoz all the while ur engine still kinda hot... cheers
loveforte
loveforte

Back to top Go down

Post by tish 29th June 2009, 11:40 pm

nocash wrote:

Lol like that also can... Very Happy
tish
tish

Back to top Go down

Post by loveforte 29th June 2009, 11:50 pm

tish wrote:
nocash wrote:

tish u got blue light indictor when cold engine?
loveforte
loveforte

Back to top Go down

Post by tish 30th June 2009, 12:57 am

loveforte wrote:
tish wrote:
nocash wrote:

tish u got blue light indictor when cold engine?
no have... no indicator except when start engine the test indicator...
tish
tish

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiang 30th June 2009, 1:00 am

MINE EX (M)...

WHEN POKE KEY IN ..... N TURN
SEE RED COLOR ....
WHEN START ENGINE.... RED COLOR GONE...
N NOTHING CAN BE SEEN FROM THERE....

CAN SEE THAT RMP IS ARD 1.5K IF THE CAR IS COLD START DEN SLOWLY BECOME 1K DEN LESS DEN 1K
Kiang
Kiang

Back to top Go down

Post by Juz@kid 30th June 2009, 1:07 am

mine is SX(A)

poke key n turn to start... can see e indicator in RED n very fast go off..
start engine... there nothing not even e blue indicator..
Juz@kid
Juz@kid

Back to top Go down

Post by loveforte 30th June 2009, 1:13 am

same as mine.
looks like its a big issue here
loveforte
loveforte

Back to top Go down

Post by saturnz^83 30th June 2009, 1:22 am

Yes i agree it's quite a big issue..as many brothers do not have the indicator light..besides that..i'm sure there are other indicator lights that do not light up as well..such as seat belt light and fog/high beam light..

I personally hv not try out the fog and high beam light yet..will try and see have or not..
saturnz^83
saturnz^83

Back to top Go down

Post by loveforte 30th June 2009, 2:17 am

i cfm my seat belt light and cold engine indicator nv light up at all.
thats bad QC by KIA.
im gonna list out my complain on it this wed at LK.
*(#&@%$*!(

however its seems to be small issue but link up to be a big issue. lol..
loveforte
loveforte

Back to top Go down

Post by leedevil 30th June 2009, 5:30 am

Anyway jus confirm on my ride 1.6 SX(M)...the icon lits up in red bt goes off after a few seconds...wonder hw cum some bro's ride have blue colour de?does it mean differently or jus different colour?

leedevil

Back to top Go down

Post by nothing 30th June 2009, 8:58 am

If u read the manual, some indicators stated beside with : "(if equipped)" meaning some r not by default built in...for EX, bcos the lack of temp.sensor bar display as liked in SX display panel...EX is equipped with blue n red engine temp. indicators...blue meaning is ok, while red meaning engine overheat.....during normal driving, for EX u can't gauge the temp level only when things happen then the red indicator appear..one way to solve it is to install a aftermarket water temp. sensor but that will definitely void warranty bcos they need to cut certain part of the water hose and place the sensor in between....and if workmanship is lousy, chances of water leakage therefore may lead to other problems....my advise is not to fix such device and make it a habbit to check your radiator reservior weekly to see and adnormal drop in coolant level....

For SX, beside the temp-sensor bar on the display panel, when overheat, the red alert indicator will appear on the panel....
nothing
nothing

Back to top Go down

Post by keigo 30th June 2009, 9:32 am

i think my seat belt light also never light up.. or are there sound when seat belt is not on....
keigo
keigo

Back to top Go down

Post by saturnz^83 30th June 2009, 12:48 pm

keigo wrote:i think my seat belt light also never light up.. or are there sound when seat belt is not on....

Think there is no sound..by right it should light up..
saturnz^83
saturnz^83

Back to top Go down

Post by keigo 30th June 2009, 1:18 pm

saturnz^83 wrote:
keigo wrote:i think my seat belt light also never light up.. or are there sound when seat belt is not on....

Think there is no sound..by right it should light up..

o so confirm no sound... best.. cause I for short journey I always dont wear seat belt one... lolz.. and I hate the sound very irritating.
keigo
keigo

Back to top Go down

Post by nywa78 30th June 2009, 1:35 pm

my car is currently at LK for 1000km servicing, took the chance to ask the mechanic abt the blue light indicator thing..
he mentioned to me for SX model no blue light indication as there's a temp display at the cluster display.

dun noe he got smoke me anot Suspect

nywa78

Back to top Go down

Post by keigo 30th June 2009, 1:37 pm

nywa78 wrote:my car is currently at LK for 1000km servicing, took the chance to ask the mechanic abt the blue light indicator thing..
he mentioned to me for SX model no blue light indication as there's a temp display at the cluster display.

confirm smoke lor.. else how come some SX user here got it...
keigo
keigo

Back to top Go down

Post by nothing 30th June 2009, 2:39 pm

keigo wrote:
nywa78 wrote:my car is currently at LK for 1000km servicing, took the chance to ask the mechanic abt the blue light indicator thing..

confirm smoke lor.. else how come some SX user here got it...

he didn't smoke u..for SX I have mentioned before, when u start engine, there's a red engine temp indicator appear only for 1-2 secs and goes off...that's to tell u that the red alert indicator is working just like the rest of the indicators...to observe the temp for SX we can use the display panel....if touch wood, engine really overheat, the red indicator will appear on the panel when u r driving telling u engine overheating...

For EX should have both red and blue indicators
nothing
nothing

Back to top Go down

Post by Jason 30th June 2009, 4:16 pm

So is the conculsion here that

EX no temp meter in the display so they have the blue indicator?

SX has the temp meter in the display therefore the blue indicator wont light up? abit sub standard also even for SX having the temp meter but no indicator.

If there is a red indicator when engine hot means its a case of emergency right. I assume Cold is not emergency so no indicator?
Jason
Jason

Back to top Go down

Post by Fortec 30th June 2009, 4:19 pm

Mine a SX, no blue indicator, just a red one that is light up during initial engine start and then off in 1-2 sec time.
Fortec
Fortec

Back to top Go down

Post by Jason 30th June 2009, 4:21 pm

so it could be true wor.... study
Jason
Jason

Back to top Go down

Post by Fortec 30th June 2009, 4:26 pm

Don't be too worry lah, usually when ur engine is really overheat.....it will be very obvious within mins.

Hence most car manuals and books says

"OFF your ENGINE IMMEDIATELY when you see the indicator lights up and call for assistance"
Fortec
Fortec

Back to top Go down

Post by loveforte 30th June 2009, 4:26 pm

it happened to my 2L auto forte oso...
saw red indictor then after start the engine, no more indictor shown
loveforte
loveforte

Back to top Go down

Post by lukester 30th June 2009, 4:30 pm

I drive SX. Same as what Fortec has written.

What I usually do to start my car is I will first insert the key, twist the key clockwise abit, that will on battery.

Then all the indicator lights will on lor. Then I think you will hear a faint "spring-like" sound. Then the light will off.

But if you crank fully to start engine then maybe its harder to see the red light at all.
lukester
lukester

Back to top Go down

Post by nocash 30th June 2009, 6:13 pm

Poor Tish and Divine still in C&C explaining the blue engine warm light issue to the mechanic.... Mad study dogeyes
nocash
nocash

Back to top Go down

Post by loveforte 30th June 2009, 6:15 pm

lol...its my turn to talk to the mechanic tmr for the whole as i took a day leave already.

NEW issue on my FORTE,

IU is DEAD!!!
loveforte
loveforte

Back to top Go down

Post by keigo 30th June 2009, 6:22 pm

nocash wrote:Poor Tish and Divine still in C&C explaining the blue engine warm light issue to the mechanic.... Mad study dogeyes

how you know... you with them.... scratch Razz
keigo
keigo

Back to top Go down

Post by nocash 30th June 2009, 6:31 pm

keigo wrote:
nocash wrote:Poor Tish and Divine still in C&C explaining the blue engine warm light issue to the mechanic.... Mad study dogeyes

haha...he call me to explain to the mechanic....
the mechanic ask me to give him my car number plate so he can check with version i have(maybe the ECu)....hmmm siao liao lah....wait next servicing they remove the engine warm light away from my car. No
nocash
nocash

Back to top Go down

Post by Fortec 30th June 2009, 6:32 pm

nocash wrote:
keigo wrote:

the mechanic ask me to give him my car number plate so he can check with version i have(maybe the ECu)....hmmm siao liao lah....wait next servicing they remove the engine warm light away from my car. No

Exactly what is wrong with the engine warm light?
Fortec
Fortec

Back to top Go down

Post by nocash 30th June 2009, 6:34 pm

Fortec wrote:
nocash wrote:
keigo wrote:

some have, some dont have.
nocash
nocash

Back to top Go down

Post by Fortec 30th June 2009, 6:39 pm

I know the SX one not suppose to light up except for during start up as part of the light functional checks on all the indicators.

Otherwise, when it lights up means up lorry liao.
Fortec
Fortec

Back to top Go down

Post by keigo 30th June 2009, 7:25 pm

nocash wrote:
Fortec wrote:
nocash wrote:
keigo wrote:

some have, some dont have.

lolz.. ya lor wait they remove from all forte.. then no more complain already...
keigo
keigo

Back to top Go down

Post by keigo 30th June 2009, 7:26 pm

Fortec wrote:I know the SX one not suppose to light up except for during start up as part of the light functional checks on all the indicators.

err then how come my 2.0L SX one light up blue but off very fast la....
keigo
keigo

Back to top Go down

Post by nocash 30th June 2009, 7:37 pm

After so many confusion, i got one question to ask
the blue light is reffering to engine warm-up or coolant warm-up?
isit this same?
nocash
nocash

Back to top Go down

Post by Fortec 30th June 2009, 7:37 pm

keigo wrote:
Fortec wrote:I know the SX one not suppose to light up except for during start up as part of the light functional checks on all the indicators.

Other than it's blue.....anything else??????
Fortec
Fortec

Back to top Go down

Post by keigo 30th June 2009, 7:39 pm

Fortec wrote:
keigo wrote:

Other than it's blue.....anything else??????

hmm... only blue.. never see red before..dont tell me mine is 1.6 EX then behind they paste 2.0L

Later I go fetch my wife.. I don't use my remote engine start.. and do it manually and double confirm again..
keigo
keigo

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next