Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» assay
Blue Engine Warm-Up Indicator Light - Page 3 Empty4th August 2011, 10:13 pm by Guest

» APP Leading Website Generator
Blue Engine Warm-Up Indicator Light - Page 3 Empty4th August 2011, 11:47 am by Guest

» check-up
Blue Engine Warm-Up Indicator Light - Page 3 Empty4th August 2011, 10:03 am by Guest

» Blu-ray to iPad Ripper lift Blu glimmer DVD movies quest of iPad
Blue Engine Warm-Up Indicator Light - Page 3 Empty4th August 2011, 8:24 am by Guest

» ubiquitous
Blue Engine Warm-Up Indicator Light - Page 3 Empty4th August 2011, 6:07 am by Guest

» South african indian dating. Nz internet dating.
Blue Engine Warm-Up Indicator Light - Page 3 Empty3rd August 2011, 8:57 pm by Guest

» WHAT CREEPY IDEA ON YOUTUBE HASN'T ALREADY BEEN DONE YET?
Blue Engine Warm-Up Indicator Light - Page 3 Empty3rd August 2011, 7:30 pm by Guest

» buy facebook fan f8
Blue Engine Warm-Up Indicator Light - Page 3 Empty3rd August 2011, 3:15 pm by Guest

» division
Blue Engine Warm-Up Indicator Light - Page 3 Empty3rd August 2011, 11:43 am by Guest

RSS feeds

MSN 

Blue Engine Warm-Up Indicator Light

+25
nywa78
leedevil
Juz@kid
Kiang
Kaisu7165
loveforte
chengwei
Divine
tish
ckpay
FeiLeong
lukester
kapitan
nothing
keigo
nocash
greatgazoo
FriesL
melburn
Fortec
muff
Leonard
tiny
Spiritseye
saturnz^83
29 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Blue Engine Warm-Up Indicator Light - Page 3 Empty Re: Blue Engine Warm-Up Indicator Light

Post by Fortec 30th June 2009, 7:40 pm

maybe led color different haha?
Fortec
Fortec

Back to top Go down

Blue Engine Warm-Up Indicator Light - Page 3 Empty Re: Blue Engine Warm-Up Indicator Light

Post by nocash 30th June 2009, 7:40 pm

and you forgot one thing...they open the sun roof also...
nocash
nocash

Back to top Go down

Post by keigo 30th June 2009, 7:41 pm

nocash wrote:After so many confusion, i got one question to ask
the blue light is reffering to engine warm-up or coolant warm-up?
isit this same?

Ya they are the same meaning....

Maybe with all the confusion... the blue mean coolant warm-up for EX.. and the blue mean coolant too hot for SX.. Laughing
keigo
keigo

Back to top Go down

Post by keigo 30th June 2009, 7:42 pm

Fortec wrote:maybe led color different haha?

huh.. then end up mine should be red become blue...??? So end up my blue really mean too hot.... pale
keigo
keigo

Back to top Go down

Post by Fortec 30th June 2009, 7:44 pm

I regret coming into this thread...blue n red so confusing !!! Razz
Fortec
Fortec

Back to top Go down

Post by keigo 30th June 2009, 7:46 pm

Fortec wrote:I regret coming into this thread...blue n red so confusing !!! Razz

anyone got other color..???? Razz
keigo
keigo

Back to top Go down

Post by nocash 30th June 2009, 7:46 pm

Fortec wrote:I regret coming into this thread...blue n red so confusing !!! Razz

blue n red....later someone will ask, how come got purple light... Laughing
nocash
nocash

Back to top Go down

Post by Fortec 30th June 2009, 7:49 pm

Purple Light...

in the Morning...

damn forget liao..
Fortec
Fortec

Back to top Go down

Post by tish 30th June 2009, 11:39 pm

there is only 2 blue light in the indicator, one of them is the high beam light, the other one is the engine temperature cold indicator.

According to the mech, only EX AUTO has the blue light, not sure how true is it....
tish
tish

Back to top Go down

Post by keigo 30th June 2009, 11:41 pm

sorry sorry just confirm with tish.... mine also red light... lolz...

But sianz I also testing my seat beat warning light never light up...
keigo
keigo

Back to top Go down

Post by saturnz^83 1st July 2009, 12:22 am

tish wrote:there is only 2 blue light in the indicator, one of them is the high beam light, the other one is the engine temperature cold indicator.

According to the mech, only EX AUTO has the blue light, not sure how true is it....

But bro..mine is EX (M) leh..have the blue warm-up temp light.
saturnz^83
saturnz^83

Back to top Go down

Post by tish 1st July 2009, 10:08 am

my seat belt got warning light.

satuenz: they blur like sotong one. dont even know about the blue temp light until i tell them ...
tish
tish

Back to top Go down

Post by fonefun610 1st July 2009, 11:39 am

I have never seen the blue light before. EX(A). Quite disturbing... going for 1k this weekend.

fonefun610

Back to top Go down

Post by saturnz^83 1st July 2009, 4:29 pm

tish wrote:my seat belt got warning light.

satuenz: they blur like sotong one. dont even know about the blue temp light until i tell them ...

Sia la..y they duno de...they working for Kia leh..should know their own product inside out ma..
Btw, this morning i went to check whether do i hv seatbelt indicator light anot..when i insert the key and turn, the seatbelt light was shown!! After that when i cranked the engine, 1 sec later the indicator light disappear liao..i still hvn put on my seatbelt how come so fast disappear! By right, the light should on until i fasten my seatbelt..hai..
saturnz^83
saturnz^83

Back to top Go down

Post by nocash 1st July 2009, 6:36 pm

saturnz^83 wrote:

Sia la..y they duno de...they working for Kia leh..should know their own product inside out ma..
Btw, this morning i went to check whether do i hv seatbelt indicator light anot..when i insert the key and turn, the seatbelt light was shown!! After that when i cranked the engine, 1 sec later the indicator light disappear liao..i still hvn put on my seatbelt how come so fast disappear! By right, the light should on until i fasten my seatbelt..hai..

I ever ask them before they told is for show only, becos our forte dont come with this feature. scratch
nocash
nocash

Back to top Go down

Post by Fortec 1st July 2009, 7:05 pm

The seat belt light indicator apparently is just a reminder which gives the driver/passenger the option to not put the seat belt haha.
Fortec
Fortec

Back to top Go down

Post by saturnz^83 1st July 2009, 11:58 pm

nocash wrote:
saturnz^83 wrote:

I ever ask them before they told is for show only, becos our forte dont come with this feature. scratch

For show onli?? Can like that one meh? Grr..... Sad
saturnz^83
saturnz^83

Back to top Go down

Post by tish 2nd July 2009, 1:38 am

rubbish, how can car no cold temp indicator one... they say SX got meter to show ok lah. those no meter one when how!!
tish
tish

Back to top Go down

Post by Fortec 2nd July 2009, 1:41 am

tish wrote:rubbish, how can car no cold temp indicator one... they say SX got meter to show ok lah. those no meter one when how!!

Hmmm y need to know cold temp for? Once temp hit max operating temp, it'll stay constant anyways. Overheat, indicator light up. That's all we need.
Fortec
Fortec

Back to top Go down

Post by Jason 2nd July 2009, 11:28 am

Fortec wrote:
tish wrote:rubbish, how can car no cold temp indicator one... they say SX got meter to show ok lah. those no meter one when how!!

Hmmm y need to know cold temp for? Once temp hit max operating temp, it'll stay constant anyways. Overheat, indicator light up. That's all we need.
like what saturn says loh, if there is bluelight in the first place, why the function is not used. and if the function is no in used... will the red one also activate? or like the blue, for show only Shocked
Jason
Jason

Back to top Go down

Post by nothing 2nd July 2009, 12:40 pm

This thread is going nowhere....to put an end...let me summarise: For EX, there should be a blue indicator (meaning normal engine water temp) and a red indicator (u only see it appear when engine over heat), end of story for EX....

For SX, u can see the temp. via the temp display just need to toggle it...when engine overheat, u too will see a red indicator appear....

Just a add-on...there isn't any seat belt reminder with sound for both EX or SX..it's just a seat belt symbol which will appear for couple of secs when u start yr car, be it u belt up or not, it doesn't care and will goes off...Anyway, it's your responsibility to belt up whenever u drive, don't really think u need a reminder for that.

Ok, thread can close liao Laughing
nothing
nothing

Back to top Go down

Post by Fortec 2nd July 2009, 12:43 pm

nothing wrote:This thread is going nowhere....to put an end...let me summarise: For EX, there should be a blue indicator (meaning normal engine water temp) and a red indicator (u only see it appear when engine over heat), end of story for EX....

For SX, u can see the temp. via the temp display just need to toggle it...when engine overheat, u too will see a red indicator appear....

Just a add-on...there isn't any seat belt reminder with sound for both EX or SX..it's just a seat belt symbol which will appear for couple of secs when u start yr car, be it u belt up or not, it doesn't care and will goes off...Anyway, it's your responsibility to belt up whenever u drive, don't really think u need a reminder for that.

I concur.
Fortec
Fortec

Back to top Go down

Post by tish 2nd July 2009, 4:49 pm

nothing wrote:This thread is going nowhere....to put an end...let me summarise: For EX, there should be a blue indicator (meaning normal engine water temp) and a red indicator (u only see it appear when engine over heat), end of story for EX....

ermm... not trying to be funny but just concern. If confirm engine overheat got red indicator then case close... because of the sub standard blue indicator, no one knows if the red indicator will light up during over heating...
tish
tish

Back to top Go down

Post by keigo 2nd July 2009, 5:04 pm

"it's just a seat belt symbol which will appear for couple of secs when u start yr car, be it u belt up or not, it doesn't care and will goes off"

So to say the seat belt symbol only light up on engine start... and no more light up even like you drive half way.. remove seat belt??

if like that.. then the seat belt symbol ask them to throw away... it as good as don't have..
keigo
keigo

Back to top Go down

Post by Fortec 2nd July 2009, 5:10 pm

keigo wrote:"it's just a seat belt symbol which will appear for couple of secs when u start yr car, be it u belt up or not, it doesn't care and will goes off"

So to say the seat belt symbol only light up on engine start... and no more light up even like you drive half way.. remove seat belt??

if like that.. then the seat belt symbol ask them to throw away... it as good as don't have..

But already got liao nvrm lah.... this forte only cost so much. can't expect a merc right?

With or without the seat belt indicator, we still have to buckle up.

In fact every car model got their own shortcomings including mercs.
Fortec
Fortec

Back to top Go down

Post by Fortec 2nd July 2009, 5:22 pm

ermm... not trying to be funny but just concern. If confirm engine overheat got red indicator then case close... because of the sub standard blue indicator, no one knows if the red indicator will light up during over heating...

Hence, it's good practice to do the basic oil/fluid check, regular servicing before every trip especially long ones(Check between breaks). The odds of getting an overheat engine is really low.

I drive 14 plus years liao, only kana once coz the coolant hose raptured.

What about u guys?

Last edited by Fortec on 2nd July 2009, 6:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
Fortec
Fortec

Back to top Go down

Post by kapitan 2nd July 2009, 5:39 pm

Fortec wrote:ermm... not trying to be funny but just concern. If confirm engine overheat got red indicator then case close... because of the sub standard blue indicator, no one knows if the red indicator will light up during over heating...

Hence, it's good practice to do the basic oil/fluid check, regular servicing before every trip especially long ones(Check between breaks). The odds of getting an overheat engine is really low.

I drive 14 plus years liao, only kana once coz the coolant hose raptured.

What about u guys?[/quote]

I drive definitely more then 14 years, twice I had overheated car where such that one time coolant pipe burst and another is head blown... and both were two different BMW320i..... kekekeeeee....
kapitan
kapitan

Back to top Go down

Post by nothing 2nd July 2009, 5:57 pm

if don't trust the indicator, then for a peace of mind, install a aftermarket temp sensor....
nothing
nothing

Back to top Go down

Post by tish 2nd July 2009, 5:59 pm

LOL. Anyway since this discussion only goes round n round n round with no one dare to try/test situation where damaging to the engine nor got time to sent for check with KIA.

Lets put this topic on hold until someones has an overheated engine or a new discovery with KIA on how the indicator really works.

With this should we lock up the topic as requested by some members?
tish
tish

Back to top Go down

Post by mosabnet 12th July 2009, 10:46 pm

i have same truoble with my EX 1.6 only got the Red light on it and never see it lighting with Blue, i search in my forums about sluotion and never find something to help me. in the end i will install aftermarket temp sensor and will post topic regard the installition.
mosabnet
mosabnet

Back to top Go down

Post by muff 12th July 2009, 10:58 pm

the blue light only tell you that the water temp still cold "dun ram your eng yet" that all (it ok if u dun hv it).....more important will be the red light.....hope i'll never see it while i'm driving...... Laughing
muff
muff

Back to top Go down

Post by Pegasus 12th July 2009, 11:19 pm

In regards to the dash's seat belt indicator. Is there any wiring coming out from the flooring to the bottom of the driver seat? If there isn't, most probably this feature is not installed at all. I dun have a Forte to check.
This is based on my current ride Picanto.

Makes me think, is Singapore the only country Forte shipped from Korea that is righ-hand drive? Probably they missed that?

Think this quite basic. Even their entry level car Picanto also have.

Pegasus

Back to top Go down

Post by Pegasus 12th July 2009, 11:31 pm

I would think the blue light indication for the engine warm-up is more applicable for countries with cooler climate.

I drove off when it's blue most of the time. Weekdays 6am to bring my daughter to school. Driving OPC so timing is crucial.

But then again, I'm not driving a Forte.

Pegasus

Back to top Go down

Post by muff 12th July 2009, 11:44 pm

I did the same almost every morning too....in SG how cold can it get..... Very Happy anyway when driving with the blue light "on", the ride is still smooth...... cheers
muff
muff

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3