Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» assay
air-con from cold to warm Empty4th August 2011, 10:13 pm by Guest

» APP Leading Website Generator
air-con from cold to warm Empty4th August 2011, 11:47 am by Guest

» check-up
air-con from cold to warm Empty4th August 2011, 10:03 am by Guest

» Blu-ray to iPad Ripper lift Blu glimmer DVD movies quest of iPad
air-con from cold to warm Empty4th August 2011, 8:24 am by Guest

» ubiquitous
air-con from cold to warm Empty4th August 2011, 6:07 am by Guest

» South african indian dating. Nz internet dating.
air-con from cold to warm Empty3rd August 2011, 8:57 pm by Guest

» WHAT CREEPY IDEA ON YOUTUBE HASN'T ALREADY BEEN DONE YET?
air-con from cold to warm Empty3rd August 2011, 7:30 pm by Guest

» buy facebook fan f8
air-con from cold to warm Empty3rd August 2011, 3:15 pm by Guest

» division
air-con from cold to warm Empty3rd August 2011, 11:43 am by Guest

RSS feeds

MSN 

air-con from cold to warm

+9
keigo
leedevil
lukester
andikong
jimixer
Eviltrap
FriesL
nothing
Realm
13 posters

Go down

air-con from cold to warm Empty air-con from cold to warm

Post by Realm 31st August 2009, 3:25 am

anyone experiences this? when i switch on the air con the air is cold but after sometime the air become not so cold:(
Realm
Realm

Back to top Go down

air-con from cold to warm Empty Re: air-con from cold to warm

Post by nothing 31st August 2009, 8:51 am

At what deg. u set at? sometimes due to difference in respect to the outside temp, it will self regulate....ex. at setting 24deg, outside only 26-27deg, the air con will self regulate...thus giving u an impression that the air coming out isn't that cold...
nothing
nothing

Back to top Go down

Post by Realm 31st August 2009, 8:08 pm

oh thx
Realm
Realm

Back to top Go down

Post by FriesL 31st August 2009, 9:19 pm

Hi, Realm..

this happens after the DIY rite? actually I have the same feeling too.. and i think is because.. the pipe might be too cold now... causing freezing.. in tube.. not too sure if there is any pressure relief valve.. (kind of worry it may spoil the compressor..) still monitoring.. i try to set now to 24deg.. but turn out warm air.. 23deg same.. 22 start cold air..
(think.. they reprogram the cut in - cut out temp..)

will update again...

FriesL

Back to top Go down

Post by Eviltrap 31st August 2009, 9:23 pm

Mine at 24 deg can make my finger feel like ice after the DIY on Saturday.

But then again, I mostly monitor consciously since Sunday when 1) Start the car in the morning, 2) Come out from my air-con workplace/KIA service centre.

So basically I'm still monitoring. Best will be to go in when the car has been super heated by the sun. See how fast it can cool the car.

Anyone made the mistake of going into a super heated car and sat inside? I nearly couldn't breathe! Had to keep the door opened and stick my head out to breathe! eeek
Eviltrap
Eviltrap

Back to top Go down

Post by FriesL 31st August 2009, 9:33 pm

wah.. nice hearing that...
will monitor for sure...

FriesL

Back to top Go down

Post by Eviltrap 31st August 2009, 9:35 pm

Forgot to add, my air-con pipes are not fully insulated yet because they are too hard to reach. So mine will not be accurate for comparison. No
Eviltrap
Eviltrap

Back to top Go down

Post by jimixer 31st August 2009, 9:47 pm

Yes, this is Climatic Control (i think)...
it will adjust w.r.t the ambiance temperature...

I notice if the outside temp is hot, above 30 deg, the air blowing out is colder than when the temp is say, 27 deg... I set my temp at 24...

Note that quality of solar film affect how fast the car cools down too..

Recently, I notice after doing DIY air-con insulation, my car start to pee.. Small pool of water under it... Wonder if any bro had the same experience??
jimixer
jimixer

Back to top Go down

Post by andikong 31st August 2009, 10:13 pm

jimixer wrote:Yes, this is Climatic Control (i think)...
it will adjust w.r.t the ambiance temperature...

I notice if the outside temp is hot, above 30 deg, the air blowing out is colder than when the temp is say, 27 deg... I set my temp at 24...

Note that quality of solar film affect how fast the car cools down too..

Recently, I notice after doing DIY air-con insulation, my car start to pee.. Small pool of water under it... Wonder if any bro had the same experience??

Its normal, and small pool is better, means your cooling pipe is not dripping out any condensed water. The small pool is from the car air-con condenser. And is good to drip out and not drip in.
andikong
andikong

Back to top Go down

Post by jimixer 31st August 2009, 10:25 pm

Tks for the affirmation! Good to know i hv done my insulation correctly!

Bro, I tot I read somewhere in this forum tt our Forte has a plate below to collect the condensed water?
jimixer
jimixer

Back to top Go down

Post by andikong 31st August 2009, 11:20 pm

jimixer wrote:Tks for the affirmation! Good to know i hv done my insulation correctly!

Bro, I tot I read somewhere in this forum tt our Forte has a plate below to collect the condensed water?

No! No! One Hundred No! that plate I think you saw it in the China Forum. The steel plate is to protect the engine compartment below
from getting rockover by the ground stones, because China don't have nice roads like us
andikong
andikong

Back to top Go down

Post by lukester 31st August 2009, 11:59 pm

uncle andi is the aircon expert!!

thumbsup
lukester
lukester

Back to top Go down

Post by jimixer 1st September 2009, 12:09 am

hahaha... must be the poison i kenna at the China forum!

Uncle andi not jus aircon expert but also expert in clearing misunderstandings!

1 UPz! thumbsup
jimixer
jimixer

Back to top Go down

Post by andikong 1st September 2009, 12:47 am

jimixer wrote:hahaha... must be the poison i kenna at the China forum!

Uncle andi not jus aircon expert but also expert in clearing misunderstandings!

1 UPz! thumbsup

你们太看的起我了,谢谢!
andikong
andikong

Back to top Go down

Post by Realm 1st September 2009, 2:13 am

haha hi FriesL, for me now if the air con is not that cool i just off and on the air con and it becomes cool again Shocked

uncle andi don be shy, u are indeed an expert ma haha thumbsup
Realm
Realm

Back to top Go down

Post by andikong 1st September 2009, 2:40 am

Realm wrote:haha hi FriesL, for me now if the air con is not that cool i just off and on the air con and it becomes cool again Shocked

Another pointer and tip to note Realm, if you turn off your air-con, wait for about one min or two, then you switch it on
again. Never! Never! off and switch it on immediately, and your air-con will last a long way. Just my experience with my previous ride, I usually set the temp at 24 degree and not more than 23 degree. ON the air-con only after traveling for above 2km and water temp reach the quarter mark then I on the air-con. Never on the air-con immediately after you start your car, good for both the car and the air-con unit. My Toyota air-con last me for close to six and a half years without any refilling of gas and problem, until I scrape it bcus of my high COE and an accident. No matter what's good I still love to drive my yr. 2002 Toyota Corolla. thumbsup

Last edited by andikong on 1st September 2009, 2:43 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : grammer mistake)
andikong
andikong

Back to top Go down

Post by FriesL 1st September 2009, 2:47 am

yeah... uncle Andi is our guru here... nice and lucky of us... cheers

FriesL

Back to top Go down

Post by FriesL 1st September 2009, 2:50 am

Realm wrote:haha hi FriesL, for me now if the air con is not that cool i just off and on the air con and it becomes cool again Shocked

hi, realm.. like uncle Andi mentioned, just how long apart of you off and on back the A/c cos.. if i am not wrong.. this could be the sign of freezing.. (uncle Andi may have further tips for us..)... and what temp you set? mind like only at 22 then cold.. but just now from office to home at 25.. cos its near midnight.. and the air is still not cool.... good for me but not too sure for the a/c though.. Suspect

FriesL

Back to top Go down

Post by andikong 1st September 2009, 3:11 am

FriesL wrote:

hi, realm.. like uncle Andi mentioned, just how long apart of you off and on back the A/c cos.. if i am not wrong.. this could be the sign of freezing.. (uncle Andi may have further tips for us..)... and what temp you set? mind like only at 22 then cold.. but just now from office to home at 25.. cos its near midnight.. and the air is still not cool.... good for me but not too sure for the a/c though.. Suspect

Once again, for this Forte air-con I did't use the auto mood. I always set to manual at 24 to about 23.5 degree (hot mid-day), if set too low a temp such as 20 to 21 degree when its at night, chance are not too great that it will freeze bcus I find that our Forte engine compartment is quite hot and moreover our car is brand new.
andikong
andikong

Back to top Go down

Post by FriesL 3rd September 2009, 1:05 am

oh. thanks uncle Andi yeah.. could be the "auto mode" hmm... will observe again...

thanks. bow

FriesL

Back to top Go down

Post by FriesL 3rd September 2009, 3:11 pm

update...

Donno what i did.. i manage to turn a/c to auto (with auto showing) with internal circulation...just now.. haaa..

and finally in a sunny hot day.. DIY proved its value.. ahaaa... at 24deg its cold! haaaa....

thanks to all...

FriesL

Back to top Go down

Post by FriesL 3rd September 2009, 7:24 pm

[img]air-con from cold to warm P0309010[/img]

Not too sure.. if it will continue to show that "Auto" but anyway the Ac is working correctly..

FriesL

Back to top Go down

Post by leedevil 3rd September 2009, 11:04 pm

wow full blast fan speed ah....

leedevil

Back to top Go down

Post by keigo 3rd September 2009, 11:12 pm

that is normal when the car inside is hot.. and u press auto.. it will run full blast the fan and with internal circulation but after it cool down awhile later it will switch to outside air..
keigo
keigo

Back to top Go down

Post by nothing 4th September 2009, 8:54 am

24 deg at 7 bars of course cold lah....haha, just kidding, my normal setting even at hot afternoon remain 24deg at 1 bar...sometime extreme weather, drop to 23 deg....mine was without any insulation, used to have but wasn't done properly, removed and too laxzy to do it again.....
nothing
nothing

Back to top Go down

Post by FriesL 4th September 2009, 12:17 pm

leedevil wrote:wow full blast fan speed ah....

ya.. just started off from hot afternoon...

keigo wrote:that is normal when the car inside is hot.. and u press auto.. it will run full blast the fan and with internal circulation but after it cool down awhile later it will switch to outside air..

yes... but kind of heart pain to have the fan in full blast..
grin

FriesL

Back to top Go down

Post by andikong 4th September 2009, 12:39 pm

FriesL wrote:
leedevil wrote:wow full blast fan speed ah....

ya.. just started off from hot afternoon...

keigo wrote:that is normal when the car inside is hot.. and u press auto.. it will run full blast the fan and with internal circulation but after it cool down awhile later it will switch to outside air..

yes... but kind of heart pain to have the fan in full blast..
grin

Same for me, battery power drained and weak in no time.
andikong
andikong

Back to top Go down

Post by FriesL 6th September 2009, 12:39 am

today.. it happens that the A/c not cold again no matter on what temp... from 22 to 25... drive for a long way and finally decided to turn off and on.. tadaa... it worked.. Shocked on 24 its cold...
now wonder y? scratch a/c program no very good?

FriesL

Back to top Go down

Post by yngwie 6th September 2009, 11:34 pm

Hi , i have a problem with my aircon. the coldness can never be balance --> my driver side air con vent always blow out much more colder air than passenger side (when i place my both palm on both side and compare, i can feel a significant differences).

Sometime even worse, passenger side blow out warm air, when driver side is coming out cold air. @

any bro experience this? is it normal??? - thanks for replying

yngwie

Back to top Go down

Post by FriesL 7th September 2009, 12:44 am

i think this was mentioned somewhere in this forum before... and conclusion given was that is normal.. i think... but not too sure if from warm to cold.. but kind of confirm its kind of different..

FriesL

Back to top Go down

Post by tarepanda_lyh 7th September 2009, 1:09 pm

Hi , i have a problem with my aircon. the coldness can never be balance --> my driver side air con vent always blow out much more colder air than passenger side (when i place my both palm on both side and compare, i can feel a significant differences).

Sometime even worse, passenger side blow out warm air, when driver side is coming out cold air. @

any bro experience this? is it normal??? - thanks for replying

I've similar prob...but mine is driver side blow out warm air, passenger side blow cold air....my car abt two n half mths old
tarepanda_lyh
tarepanda_lyh

Back to top Go down

Post by FriesL 7th September 2009, 2:18 pm

Think we really have some factory issue with A/c... mine some time cold sometime not.. haaa....

FriesL

Back to top Go down

Post by Realm 9th September 2009, 2:07 am

andikong wrote:

Another pointer and tip to note Realm, if you turn off your air-con, wait for about one min or two, then you switch it on
again. Never! Never! off and switch it on immediately, and your air-con will last a long way. Just my experience with my previous ride, I usually set the temp at 24 degree and not more than 23 degree. ON the air-con only after traveling for above 2km and water temp reach the quarter mark then I on the air-con. Never on the air-con immediately after you start your car, good for both the car and the air-con unit. My Toyota air-con last me for close to six and a half years without any refilling of gas and problem, until I scrape it bcus of my high COE and an accident. No matter what's good I still love to drive my yr. 2002 Toyota Corolla. thumbsup

wow i just saw this. before i saw this i keep doing the mistakes that uncle andi mentioned, now i shall learn from my mistakes and not commit it again:)

fries and tarepanda i think just sent it in during your servicing and voice it out since its still under warranty and let the kia doctors diagnose what's wrong with the car:)
Realm
Realm

Back to top Go down

Post by FriesL 9th September 2009, 2:29 am

oh... today sent in for servicing... told the TS my ac some time cold sometime not..at same setting, and he say... what is your temp? i told him 22 to 24, and he say cannot must be like 19 then cold... air-con from cold to warm Icon_eek air-con from cold to warm 316913 air-con from cold to warm 684438

FriesL

Back to top Go down

Post by tarepanda_lyh 9th September 2009, 9:56 am

oh... today sent in for servicing... told the TS my ac some time cold sometime not..at same setting, and he say... what is your temp? i told him 22 to 24, and he say cannot must be like 19 then cold... air-con from cold to warm Icon_eek air-con from cold to warm 316913 air-con from cold to warm 684438

hw can TS recommend 19?? wan to freeze us isit air-con from cold to warm 316913 ... also not good for FC leh
tarepanda_lyh
tarepanda_lyh

Back to top Go down

Post by tarepanda_lyh 9th September 2009, 9:58 am

wow i just saw this. before i saw this i keep doing the mistakes that uncle andi mentioned, now i shall learn from my mistakes and not commit it again:) fries and tarepanda i think just sent it in during your servicing and voice it out since its still under warranty and let the kia doctors diagnose what's wrong with the car:)

my next svc still long way to go...think have to live w it for nw
tarepanda_lyh
tarepanda_lyh

Back to top Go down

Post by FriesL 9th September 2009, 11:04 am

Good luck... feel like kena sucked...
by the way... remember to get them to stamp on your service booklet.. too.. mine got to go ask myself... Sad

FriesL

Back to top Go down

Post by ahben 9th September 2009, 12:07 pm

On my first servicing, I also asked the engineer to check. They said it was working fine. Recommended that i put to a lower temp.

Glad to see that I'm not the only one having this issue... But then again, i'll think twice when my next car comes with 'climatic' aircon...

ahben

Back to top Go down

Post by tarepanda_lyh 9th September 2009, 3:16 pm

Good luck... feel like kena sucked...
by the way... remember to get them to stamp on your service booklet.. too.. mine got to go ask myself... air-con from cold to warm Icon_sad

oh...i didn't chk whether CnC got stamp on booklet for my 1st 1k svc...later i go chk...if dun have, hw ah?
tarepanda_lyh
tarepanda_lyh

Back to top Go down

Post by ctoh 9th September 2009, 3:32 pm

I didn't bring my booklet there for my 1k svc - defintely no stamp for me (need stamp meh? all records are in their computer mah)

tarepanda_lyh, no need to wait till servicing, just call to complian and go down 2 the svc cente for them to rectify your a/c - but need to spend some time though
ctoh
ctoh

Back to top Go down

Post by tarepanda_lyh 9th September 2009, 4:43 pm

always troublesome to send car for svc as mine OPC...likely to wait till i cant tahan anymore or 6k up then send in air-con from cold to warm Icon_biggrin
tarepanda_lyh
tarepanda_lyh

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down