Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» assay
Blue Engine Warm-Up Indicator Light Empty4th August 2011, 10:13 pm by Guest

» APP Leading Website Generator
Blue Engine Warm-Up Indicator Light Empty4th August 2011, 11:47 am by Guest

» check-up
Blue Engine Warm-Up Indicator Light Empty4th August 2011, 10:03 am by Guest

» Blu-ray to iPad Ripper lift Blu glimmer DVD movies quest of iPad
Blue Engine Warm-Up Indicator Light Empty4th August 2011, 8:24 am by Guest

» ubiquitous
Blue Engine Warm-Up Indicator Light Empty4th August 2011, 6:07 am by Guest

» South african indian dating. Nz internet dating.
Blue Engine Warm-Up Indicator Light Empty3rd August 2011, 8:57 pm by Guest

» WHAT CREEPY IDEA ON YOUTUBE HASN'T ALREADY BEEN DONE YET?
Blue Engine Warm-Up Indicator Light Empty3rd August 2011, 7:30 pm by Guest

» buy facebook fan f8
Blue Engine Warm-Up Indicator Light Empty3rd August 2011, 3:15 pm by Guest

» division
Blue Engine Warm-Up Indicator Light Empty3rd August 2011, 11:43 am by Guest

RSS feeds

MSN 

Blue Engine Warm-Up Indicator Light

+25
nywa78
leedevil
Juz@kid
Kiang
Kaisu7165
loveforte
chengwei
Divine
tish
ckpay
FeiLeong
lukester
kapitan
nothing
keigo
nocash
greatgazoo
FriesL
melburn
Fortec
muff
Leonard
tiny
Spiritseye
saturnz^83
29 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Blue Engine Warm-Up Indicator Light Empty Blue Engine Warm-Up Indicator Light

Post by saturnz^83 25th June 2009, 10:59 pm

Helo People

As what Bro Tish has requested, I've start up a thread on this..as there are some members who do not have this..coz for mine, normally when i turn on the engine..there's this blue engine warm-up indicator light that is lighted.

My question is: Do we have to wait until the light turns off then we can start to move off?
Will it have any long term side-effect on the engine if we just drive off without waiting for the light to turn off? Coz i realise that it really takes quite a while waiting for the light to go off..

Below are 2 pictures which i have taken just now before i started to drive off:-

Blue Engine Warm-Up Indicator Light Photo004

Blue Engine Warm-Up Indicator Light Photo003
saturnz^83
saturnz^83

Back to top Go down

Blue Engine Warm-Up Indicator Light Empty Re: Blue Engine Warm-Up Indicator Light

Post by Spiritseye 25th June 2009, 11:13 pm

Hmmmm think just to be safe, wait for the indicator to disappear then drive off.

I never noticed that before. Maybe tmr go work then I see properly.
Spiritseye
Spiritseye

Back to top Go down

Blue Engine Warm-Up Indicator Light Empty Re: Blue Engine Warm-Up Indicator Light

Post by tiny 25th June 2009, 11:20 pm

Eh? My SX doesn't have this feature..

tiny

Back to top Go down

Post by Leonard 25th June 2009, 11:25 pm

for vios .. have to wait ..
else there's this weird sound coming from the engine .
not sure if sushi applies to kimchi =/
Leonard
Leonard

Back to top Go down

Post by muff 25th June 2009, 11:31 pm

been driving off with the blue light still "on" everyday for the last few months .....so far ride still smooth.....just dun push the engine hard when blue light still "on"......wait until light off then 'chiong ah'........ Very Happy
muff
muff

Back to top Go down

Post by Fortec 25th June 2009, 11:41 pm

Just drive off normally, by the time you come down from MSCP to the main road, your engine will be pretty close if not already at max operating temp liao.
Fortec
Fortec

Back to top Go down

Post by melburn 26th June 2009, 1:37 am

saturnz^83 wrote:Helo People

As what Bro Tish has requested, I've start up a thread on this..as there are some members who do not have this..coz for mine, normally when i turn on the engine..there's this blue engine warm-up indicator light that is lighted.

My question is: Do we have to wait until the light turns off then we can start to move off?
Will it have any long term side-effect on the engine if we just drive off without waiting for the light to turn off? Coz i realise that it really takes quite a while waiting for the light to go off..

Below are 2 pictures which i have taken just now before i started to drive off:-

Blue Engine Warm-Up Indicator Light Photo004

Blue Engine Warm-Up Indicator Light Photo003

omg need to go chk liao, i dun even have the blue light.
melburn
melburn

Back to top Go down

Post by FriesL 26th June 2009, 1:41 am

IIRC the icon indicates radiator temperature.. so probably indicates that the engine is too cold to optimum... not too sure how it indicate overheating though.. (think the cluster meter does have a page for this ya?)

FriesL

Back to top Go down

Post by greatgazoo 26th June 2009, 2:22 am

Hi guys, all SX and EX model will have this temperature indicator. So if you find that it did not light, hightlight to the mechanic when you do the servicing.

For your info, new cars do not have to warm up before u move off as everything is still new and run smoothly.
greatgazoo
greatgazoo

Back to top Go down

Post by Leonard 26th June 2009, 2:35 am

hmm ..
sx have this ?
tmr morning i go see .
drove for quite some time but haven seen any yet =/
Leonard
Leonard

Back to top Go down

Post by nocash 26th June 2009, 8:50 am

Before my 1st servicing i don't see any blue light, only after the secvicing done than it appear.......
nocash
nocash

Back to top Go down

Post by keigo 26th June 2009, 8:55 am

My SX dont have this blue light also..
keigo
keigo

Back to top Go down

Post by nocash 26th June 2009, 8:59 am

keigo wrote:My SX dont have this blue light also..

Wait lor.... tongue
nocash
nocash

Back to top Go down

Post by keigo 26th June 2009, 9:03 am

nocash wrote:

Wait lor.... tongue

I think to double confirm will try look for the logo instead of the blue light...
keigo
keigo

Back to top Go down

Post by nocash 26th June 2009, 9:06 am

keigo wrote:
nocash wrote:

Wait lor.... tongue

I think to double confirm will try look for the logo instead of the blue light...

You means the KIA logo? it will never light up, unless you change.... Laughing
nocash
nocash

Back to top Go down

Post by keigo 26th June 2009, 9:08 am

nocash wrote:
keigo wrote:
nocash wrote:

Wait lor.... tongue

You means the KIA logo? it will never light up, unless you change.... Laughing

no la I mean the forte logo.... lol!
keigo
keigo

Back to top Go down

Post by saturnz^83 26th June 2009, 9:38 am

Hmm..really surprise that some bros do not have the indicator light..dun tell me Kia never QC first before they export to other countries meh?
To me..this light is quite important as it can let you know when your engine is warmed up.

As what Bro gazoo has mentioned, new cars need not warm up den can move off..well..i can agree with that as many of my frens say nowadays cars are different..but still in my own opinion, it is better to practice the old method just to play safe..

Those who do not have this blue light or haven notice before, quickly go take a look and check and jot down this problem and highlight to the mechanic in ur next servicing...
saturnz^83
saturnz^83

Back to top Go down

Post by tiny 26th June 2009, 9:41 am

I discovered my seatbelt indicator light doesn't lit up if I don't wear my seatbelt either...wah this kind of QC also can consider pass? I'm beginning to think Kia's QC is worse than Proton.

tiny

Back to top Go down

Post by saturnz^83 26th June 2009, 9:45 am

tiny wrote:I discovered my seatbelt indicator light doesn't lit up if I don't wear my seatbelt either...wah this kind of QC also can consider pass? I'm beginning to think Kia's QC is worse than Proton.

Ops!! I also nv tot of that!! My seatbelt indicator light also never turn on when i dun put on my seatbelt! Isit the seatbelt light onli for SX model?
Now i really confused what r the things SX has and EX dun hv or vice versa!
saturnz^83
saturnz^83

Back to top Go down

Post by nothing 26th June 2009, 9:53 am

Does EX have the temp. indicator shown as in SX display panel? For what I know if the car doesn't have a temp. display it will have the blue(ok) red (overheat) icon, I think same for Avante and I30.....for SX, there's the temp.display....
nothing
nothing

Back to top Go down

Post by nothing 26th June 2009, 9:55 am

The seat belt will be lighted on for 6 secs after that it will goes off irregardless u put on seat belt or not...same for EX and SX....with regard to the blue and red icon, I believed only for EX bcos the ride does not come with temp. sensor reading, while SX have the temp.bar display....Maybe to confirm those that can see the blue/red icon are driving EX...
nothing
nothing

Back to top Go down

Post by saturnz^83 26th June 2009, 9:58 am

nothing wrote:Does EX have the temp. indicator shown as in SX display panel? For what I know if the car doesn't have a temp. display it will have the blue(ok) red (overheat) icon, I think same for Avante and I30.....for SX, there's the temp.display....

Eh...bro...mine is EX model leh.. Smile
So i think the pictures that i have taken, the indicator light will also be the same for SX model as well... Smile
saturnz^83
saturnz^83

Back to top Go down

Post by nothing 26th June 2009, 10:02 am

saturnz^83 wrote:
nothing wrote:Does EX have the temp. indicator shown as in SX display panel? For what I know if the car doesn't have a temp. display it will have the blue(ok) red (overheat) icon, I think same for Avante and I30.....for SX, there's the temp.display....

So i think the pictures that i have taken, the indicator light will also be the same for SX model as well... Smile

EX is equipped with the blue/red indicator bcos it doesn't have the temp. display indicator as in SX....I remembered someone ever asking how come his EX doesn't have the temp. indicator as in SX display panel....
nothing
nothing

Back to top Go down

Post by kapitan 26th June 2009, 10:18 am

haiya... the car is new and so everyone is observing.... got this light or not, got that light or not... and especially new drivers,...wah .. blue light can drive or not.... well, I hate this seat belt indicator light thingy, the other car has two somemore...damn it,.... for driver, if not put on seat belt, red light comes on... then pax also same,... flashing flashing, blardy irritating....

As for the blue indicator, just drive, no problems.... hey it's blue, generally, if it is green or blue lights no problem... yellow light, be careful .... RED ... stop all that you are doing.....

After 6 motnhs of driving the new car, no one will be bothered....

Very Happy
kapitan
kapitan

Back to top Go down

Post by lukester 26th June 2009, 10:22 am

nothing wrote:
saturnz^83 wrote:

EX is equipped with the blue/red indicator bcos it doesn't have the temp. display indicator as in SX....I remembered someone ever asking how come his EX doesn't have the temp. indicator as in SX display panel....

I am drivng the SX. I have not seen the blue light thingy.

But what I do is I use the temp gauge, always have to press the "Trip" button untill i find it. I move off when its about 1/4 temp, but felt the engine sound not so good. So these days I wait till it is just below the middle point of the temp, which is also the temperature when my car usually running then i move off.

so far this method is good for me, i cannot hear the cold engine sound.

For me personally even though its new car, to warm up is do long term engine health.

Been doing it for all my rides, and they have performed well like that. Guess its my habit liao.

my 2 cents
lukester
lukester

Back to top Go down

Post by FeiLeong 26th June 2009, 10:39 am

Normally engine take around 1 to 2 mins for warming up..
Just nice finished a stick of cigg. Laughing

then u drive slow and steady will help by the time engine oridi warm up.. Very Happy

Dun waste petrol nowadays is not cheap.. Neutral

Just for my sharing
FeiLeong
FeiLeong

Back to top Go down

Post by ckpay 26th June 2009, 12:12 pm

OMG~ i didnt even realize the existence on this indicator Embarassed
later muz go n check...

ckpay

Back to top Go down

Post by tish 27th June 2009, 11:38 am

OMG OMG OMG!!!! I really dont have it and didnt realise it until u post this thread, I also dont have the head light indicator and fog light indicator!!! Damn!
tish
tish

Back to top Go down

Post by keigo 27th June 2009, 11:51 am

I check. I got but the blue light off very fast when u start the engine
keigo
keigo

Back to top Go down

Post by muff 27th June 2009, 12:06 pm

keigo wrote:I check. I got but the blue light off very fast when u start the engine

how long this light stay "on" depends on the temp of yr engine......early morning (first start of the day).....light will stay on much longer.....

jus follow the instruction in the owner's manual, you should be ok.....
muff
muff

Back to top Go down

Post by tish 27th June 2009, 12:07 pm

keigo wrote:I check. I got but the blue light off very fast when u start the engine
we confirm batch different one, urs everything also got, mine everything also dont have... blurz!! lol
tish
tish

Back to top Go down

Post by Divine 27th June 2009, 12:12 pm

another feature the ex dun have =(
Divine
Divine

Back to top Go down

Post by saturnz^83 27th June 2009, 12:43 pm

muff wrote:

how long this light stay "on" depends on the temp of yr engine......early morning (first start of the day).....light will stay on much longer.....

jus follow the instruction in the owner's manual, you should be ok.....

Yes..it is true..normally will hv to wait longer in the morning..about 5 mins..
den if u park ur car at ur office the whole day, before u leave..also 5 mins..
sometimes after a long day work.u wana faster go home..also cannot..must wait for the light to go off..hai...5 mins do make alot of difference in timing..as traffic jam can happen within that time..
saturnz^83
saturnz^83

Back to top Go down

Post by nocash 27th June 2009, 12:46 pm

bro, no need to wait until 5mins. after 2 to 3mins can soon soon move unit the blue light goes off.
nocash
nocash

Back to top Go down

Post by saturnz^83 27th June 2009, 12:46 pm

Divine wrote:another feature the ex dun have =(

Huh bro..u mean u dun hv this feature too?
Must sound it out to the mechanic in ur next servicing leh..
saturnz^83
saturnz^83

Back to top Go down

Post by chengwei 27th June 2009, 1:48 pm

hmm...

Blue Engine Warm-Up Indicator Light Enginecoolant

think the icon means coolant is hot?
chengwei
chengwei

Back to top Go down

Post by chengwei 27th June 2009, 1:59 pm

Blue Engine Warm-Up Indicator Light Warmup

another snippet from the manual. Smile
chengwei
chengwei

Back to top Go down

Post by tish 27th June 2009, 2:02 pm

now the manual also very updated man!! lol thumbsup
tish
tish

Back to top Go down

Post by muff 27th June 2009, 5:02 pm

chengwei wrote:hmm...

Blue Engine Warm-Up Indicator Light Enginecoolant

This coolant temp indicator light is "Red" colour when ignition is sw "On", however after start-up it will turn to "Blue" colour and finally goes off when engine warm-up.....

If you see "red" colour during driving, it means overheating and should stop driving and shut down engine ASAP....
muff
muff

Back to top Go down

Post by tish 28th June 2009, 2:35 pm

I saw red when start car, then disappear all the way till i off car lol!!

muff wrote:
chengwei wrote:hmm...

This coolant temp indicator light is "Red" colour when ignition is sw "On", however after start-up it will turn to "Blue" colour and finally goes off when engine warm-up.....

If you see "red" colour during driving, it means overheating and should stop driving and shut down engine ASAP....
tish
tish

Back to top Go down

Post by muff 28th June 2009, 3:03 pm

inform them during your 1K servicing.......should be able to get it fixed easily.....
muff
muff

Back to top Go down

Post by tish 28th June 2009, 4:06 pm

muff wrote:inform them during your 1K servicing.......should be able to get it fixed easily.....
ya, already taken note, got like almost 10 problems to tell them when I'm going for servicing this tuesday morning 8.30am @ Leng Kee.
tish
tish

Back to top Go down

Post by saturnz^83 29th June 2009, 12:25 pm

nothing wrote:The seat belt will be lighted on for 6 secs after that it will goes off irregardless u put on seat belt or not...same for EX and SX....with regard to the blue and red icon, I believed only for EX bcos the ride does not come with temp. sensor reading, while SX have the temp.bar display....Maybe to confirm those that can see the blue/red icon are driving EX...

Huh..so bro, that means EX also have seat-belt indicator light as well? Can any bros driving EX also able to double confirm this?
saturnz^83
saturnz^83

Back to top Go down

Post by keigo 29th June 2009, 12:44 pm

tish wrote:
muff wrote:inform them during your 1K servicing.......should be able to get it fixed easily.....
ya, already taken note, got like almost 10 problems to tell them when I'm going for servicing this tuesday morning 8.30am @ Leng Kee.

fast sia.. you so fast going servicing.. me only make 640km only.. lolz....
keigo
keigo

Back to top Go down

Post by nocash 29th June 2009, 1:34 pm

saturnz^83 wrote:
nothing wrote:The seat belt will be lighted on for 6 secs after that it will goes off irregardless u put on seat belt or not...same for EX and SX....with regard to the blue and red icon, I believed only for EX bcos the ride does not come with temp. sensor reading, while SX have the temp.bar display....Maybe to confirm those that can see the blue/red icon are driving EX...

Huh..so bro, that means EX also have seat-belt indicator light as well? Can any bros driving EX also able to double confirm this?

yes there is....only for few sec only....
nocash
nocash

Back to top Go down

Post by saturnz^83 29th June 2009, 1:35 pm

nocash wrote:
saturnz^83 wrote:

Thanks bro..huh..need to sound out in my next 5K servicing liao..
saturnz^83
saturnz^83

Back to top Go down

Post by nocash 29th June 2009, 1:37 pm

saturnz^83 wrote:
nocash wrote:
saturnz^83 wrote:

Thanks bro..huh..need to sound out in my next 5K servicing liao..

your no indicator light at all?
nocash
nocash

Back to top Go down

Post by ckpay 29th June 2009, 2:06 pm

tish wrote:I saw red when start car, then disappear all the way till i off car lol!!

mine same... red when insert key, after awhile, disappear... never see blue...
does it suppose to show blue after initial red? Question

ckpay

Back to top Go down

Post by loveforte 29th June 2009, 2:21 pm

y i dun hav the blue light indicator... cold start oso dun hav
loveforte
loveforte

Back to top Go down

Post by tish 29th June 2009, 4:12 pm

keigo wrote:
tish wrote:

fast sia.. you so fast going servicing.. me only make 640km only.. lolz....
mine around 800, but i am super busy n driving alot from wed to fri, sat n sun i dont want to go down. Service earlier, change oil earlier ok de ma Smile
tish
tish

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next