Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» assay
I broke off with my bf of 9 years because he went to get a tattoo Empty4th August 2011, 10:13 pm by Guest

» APP Leading Website Generator
I broke off with my bf of 9 years because he went to get a tattoo Empty4th August 2011, 11:47 am by Guest

» check-up
I broke off with my bf of 9 years because he went to get a tattoo Empty4th August 2011, 10:03 am by Guest

» Blu-ray to iPad Ripper lift Blu glimmer DVD movies quest of iPad
I broke off with my bf of 9 years because he went to get a tattoo Empty4th August 2011, 8:24 am by Guest

» ubiquitous
I broke off with my bf of 9 years because he went to get a tattoo Empty4th August 2011, 6:07 am by Guest

» South african indian dating. Nz internet dating.
I broke off with my bf of 9 years because he went to get a tattoo Empty3rd August 2011, 8:57 pm by Guest

» WHAT CREEPY IDEA ON YOUTUBE HASN'T ALREADY BEEN DONE YET?
I broke off with my bf of 9 years because he went to get a tattoo Empty3rd August 2011, 7:30 pm by Guest

» buy facebook fan f8
I broke off with my bf of 9 years because he went to get a tattoo Empty3rd August 2011, 3:15 pm by Guest

» division
I broke off with my bf of 9 years because he went to get a tattoo Empty3rd August 2011, 11:43 am by Guest

RSS feeds

MSN 

I broke off with my bf of 9 years because he went to get a tattoo

+27
Arshavin
Mahinda
Redbean
kapitan
shendoh
BluRz
ano57
nothing
keigo
impact2001
Melfiend
Divine
kysoong
kei66
Siaoster
nocash
dav2011
andikong
jactsq
tish
lawrenceke
Fortec
tiny
luvxiaobeng
GotCash
waypoint
dreamzzlandz
31 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

I broke off with my bf of 9 years because he went to get a tattoo Empty I broke off with my bf of 9 years because he went to get a tattoo

Post by dreamzzlandz 16th June 2009, 12:49 am

Hey guys and gals, what do you think run through the minds of people who are getting tattoo?

Just last night, I was super super super x 10000000 mad about my brainless bf who went to tattoo.. I already voiced out my unhappiness and raised my 101% objections about him tattoo-ing and he still went again with his stupid idea that he wanted to get a tattoo since he is already 30.. What the hell!!!.. Is getting a tattoo one of the things that one would want to achieve when he/she reached 30 years of age??

I still dont understand why a person with the right frame of mind would go and hurt his body, waste money and hurt/dirty his body to get a a tattoo.. I believed his tattoo is not the small size ( certainly not the size of a 50 cent coin) .. maybe its a A4 size on his back!!!.. I am screaming at him before his did his tattoo.. and now he really went to tattoo, I slammed his phone and I broke off with him because I know I cannot live with someone who has once got a clean back, but now a back of ugly tattoo..

I totally feel getting a tattoo is totally dirty and disgusting that I broke up with him despite we were together in a 9-year relationship..

Why people want to tattoo??? ( these are the few reasons that i can think of)

1) because they feel its cool
2) because they want to be different from others
3) because they want to remember someone special ( this I can totally understand, if its just a name)
4) because they have low self esteem and low self confidence
5) because they see their friends having tattoo too, and they also want to copy them
6) because they are influenced by their friends who are not actually their friends
7) because they have too much money to spend and dont know where to spend...

but all I can say is men and women come from different planets and have got different mindsets .. and just that his and mine mindsets are totally different..

And I guess he has got a low self esteem that he went to get the tattoo... because I dont think this is one of the things that a 30 year old would want to do when reach this age... why dont he tell me he want to go bumgy jumping or parachuting, at least better than ruining his nice clean back?
dreamzzlandz
dreamzzlandz

Back to top Go down

I broke off with my bf of 9 years because he went to get a tattoo Empty Re: I broke off with my bf of 9 years because he went to get a tattoo

Post by waypoint 16th June 2009, 1:03 am

The very same reason why women get their ears pierced... Among other things. Wink

BR,
w a y
waypoint
waypoint

Back to top Go down

I broke off with my bf of 9 years because he went to get a tattoo Empty Re: I broke off with my bf of 9 years because he went to get a tattoo

Post by GotCash 16th June 2009, 1:05 am

Hey dreamzz, although i am in no position to post here, since i'm still young and don't really understand these adult things, but i still feel that you should calm down =D and add this to your list 8] because they have a love for bodyart
GotCash
GotCash

Back to top Go down

Post by luvxiaobeng 16th June 2009, 1:06 am

Dreamland I'm very disappointed tat u left such a comment... becoz I'm a heavily tattooed lady. We DO NOT tattoo becoz we have low self esteem or feel tat it is cool.... This is art to us..... I'm not sure Y your BF did his tattoo.... but to me.... every tattoo tat i've done has a meanin behind it..... There has been lot's of misinterpretation behind ppl wif tattoo.... but givin such comment really make me real angry.... you may not like it but..... u hv no right to conclude tat we have low self esteem or No self confidence.... hv u ask him Y he wanted the tattoo.... to u tattoo mean Bad..... juz like others..... to Us being heavily tattooed.... 1st it is an art.... which we would like to carry wif us whereva, wheneve we go. 2. it has got a meanin to us, like my phonix on my arm is for a good relationship within my family..... It is a luck to me......juz like ppl carryin lucky charm..... it is juz a different way of expressing.....I kw u might be very angry wif ur bf, but this is not the way to comment on ppl who has had tattoo.... pls enlighten....
luvxiaobeng
luvxiaobeng

Back to top Go down

Post by tiny 16th June 2009, 1:07 am

Erm my ex gf broke up with me because I got a collection of poolcues that probably cost more than my Forte...As though that matters because her handbags probably cost the same or even more.

Guys and girls see things differently. If we all see things the same way, there'll be no more wars liao. Even among the sex groups, different people will have their own perception of what is cool and what's not. Just look at all the different ideas of what each person does to his own car to individualise it.

tiny

Back to top Go down

Post by Fortec 16th June 2009, 1:10 am

Babe, what's done is done. The relationship is between you and him....not his tattoo. 9 years is seriously long leh...please rethink ur decision.

Btw, what tattoo he got?? Mickey Mouse? Razz

Also, different ppl have different view on tattoos...personally I am cool with it coz to me it's a form of personal expression even though I ain't got one.

Maybe u can ask for a A4 size diamond ring in return?

Regardless, 9 years warrant a rethink of ur decision for a break up.

Good luck.
Fortec
Fortec

Back to top Go down

Post by Fortec 16th June 2009, 1:11 am

tiny wrote:Erm my ex gf broke up with me because I got a collection of poolcues that probably cost more than my Forte...As though that matters because her handbags probably cost the same or even more.

Guys and girls see things differently. If we all see things the same way, there'll be no more wars liao. Even among the sex groups, different people will have their own perception of what is cool and what's not. Just look at all the different ideas of what each person does to his own car to individualise it.

Sorry for the OT, pool cues cost more than Forte!?!?! Bro send me some pics of ur collection please Very Happy
Fortec
Fortec

Back to top Go down

Post by tiny 16th June 2009, 1:16 am

Fortec u play pool also? I sold off most of my collection liao, but I still got about 3-4cues left..and 3 more cues on order since 2003..should be here in 2yrs time...I cannot tahan the crazy 9yrs waiting lists..

tiny

Back to top Go down

Post by lawrenceke 16th June 2009, 1:19 am

i am very sorry to hear that u broke off a 9 years RS becos of a tattoo.. If i am yr bf, i am really hurted that my gf will do tat to me if i did a tattoo on myself..

Depends on how you see it.. i felt u are damn immature on this decision. Yr bf is 30, he is not a kid or teenager who just treat tattoo as a fun thing or whichever. I am also approaching 30 and i do feel that life's abit boring and i should do things tat i nv done before else regret for life..

Yr bf might wan to experience something which he had been longing for a long time but have no guts to do it.. As a gf of 9 years, u shd support him and not break up with him over such issues..

What's done had been done.. If a 9 years relationship is not able to withstand a tattoo on the back.. neither will it lasts when both of you are to wed in the near future..

my 2 cents..
lawrenceke
lawrenceke

Back to top Go down

Post by dreamzzlandz 16th June 2009, 1:19 am

luvxiaobeng, I am sincerely sorry that my words had offended you.. I am sorry... I did not expect there are tattoo lovers in here.

Fortec, hearing him saying that he has went to get tattoo is enough to make me explode! I told him I would never want to see his ugly tattoo ever. If I am not wrong, he mentioned he wanted his horoscope which is Pisces.. I would have close my eyes if its only the size of a 50 cent coin.. but i cannot stomach down an A4 size big size..

Maybe I have a different mindset from all of you here regarding this topic on tattoo-ing. Really sorry if I have offended you because of what I think.
dreamzzlandz
dreamzzlandz

Back to top Go down

Post by dreamzzlandz 16th June 2009, 1:23 am

lawrenceke, 2 weeks before he went to get the tattoo, he got mentioned to me that he wanted to go get tattoo with his friend.. and from that day I have been nagging at him non stop that i dont want him to regret his decision.. but despite that he went to do it!!!!! if a bf love his gf, I wonder why he also dont respect his gf's 101% objections.
dreamzzlandz
dreamzzlandz

Back to top Go down

Post by Fortec 16th June 2009, 1:28 am

dreamzzlandz wrote:luvxiaobeng, I am sincerely sorry that my words had offended you.. I am sorry... I did not expect there are tattoo lovers in here.

Fortec, hearing him saying that he has went to get tattoo is enough to make me explode! I told him I would never want to see his ugly tattoo ever. If I am not wrong, he mentioned he wanted his horoscope which is Pisces.. I would have close my eyes if its only the size of a 50 cent coin.. but i cannot stomach down an A4 size big size..

Maybe I have a different mindset from all of you here regarding this topic on tattoo-ing. Really sorry if I have offended you because of what I think.

Everyone is entitled to their own mindset, we aren't here to change urs just for the record. Just feel sad to see a 9 year long relationship gone just like that. Maybe give him a chance to explain why he did that tattoo and urself a chance to save the relationship? That tattoo, for all you know can be a good leverage for all things to come in future haha.
Fortec
Fortec

Back to top Go down

Post by lawrenceke 16th June 2009, 1:30 am

dreamzzlandz wrote:lawrenceke, 2 weeks before he went to get the tattoo, he got mentioned to me that he wanted to go get tattoo with his friend.. and from that day I have been nagging at him non stop that i dont want him to regret his decision.. but despite that he went to do it!!!!! if a bf love his gf, I wonder why he also dont respect his gf's 101% objections.

let's put it this way.. in yr bf's shoes.. for example.. u wan to go for breast enhancements from B to E cup.. yr bf objects greatly .. nagging at you everyday.. but despite yr bf's objection.. u still did it! So.. do u expect yr bf to break off with u?

I respect on the part that yr bf shd respect yr decision if he loves u.. but tattooing is a total different issue altogether.. not like he flirt around beside yr back.. or did something that hurts you..

If u really LOVE your bf, u shd respect his decision. Like u mentioned he is 30, if 30 years old can make such a dumb decision in life, yr breakoff might be a good idea.. Surprised
lawrenceke
lawrenceke

Back to top Go down

Post by Fortec 16th June 2009, 1:38 am

tiny wrote:Fortec u play pool also? I sold off most of my collection liao, but I still got about 3-4cues left..and 3 more cues on order since 2003..should be here in 2yrs time...I cannot tahan the crazy 9yrs waiting lists..

Not in the last 10 years?? so "No" is the appropriate answer. Any collection deserves to be appreciate mah.
Fortec
Fortec

Back to top Go down

Post by tish 16th June 2009, 2:06 am

dreamzzlandz wrote:Hey guys and gals, what do you think run through the minds of people who are getting tattoo?

Just last night, I was super super super x 10000000 mad about my brainless bf who went to tattoo.. I already voiced out my unhappiness and raised my 101% objections about him tatt............................................

........t to do when reach this age... why dont he tell me he want to go bumgy jumping or parachuting, at least better than ruining his nice clean back?

I didnt read what others has post....

sis, breaking off over a tatoo is a no no...

U have the right to dislike tatoo, why cant he has his right to like tatoo?

Each n everyone has their freedom over their choices in life if it isnt injuring anyone or illegal.

I also wanted tatoo and earrings on boths ears( going to get them soon) The reason i hasnt got them is because my wife dont really like it but she still ok with my own choice and because I'm a civil servant.

its not a matter of how fierce/cool the tatoo is...

Do u love him for his body or him? Very Happy
tish
tish

Back to top Go down

Post by jactsq 16th June 2009, 2:41 am

lawrenceke wrote:
dreamzzlandz wrote:lawrenceke, 2 weeks before he went to get the tattoo, he got mentioned to me that he wanted to go get tattoo with his friend.. and from that day I have been nagging at him non stop that i dont want him to regret his decision.. but despite that he went to do it!!!!! if a bf love his gf, I wonder why he also dont respect his gf's 101% objections.

let's put it this way.. in yr bf's shoes.. for example.. u wan to go for breast enhancements from B to E cup.. yr bf objects greatly .. nagging at you everyday.. but despite yr bf's objection.. u still did it! So.. do u expect yr bf to break off with u?

I respect on the part that yr bf shd respect yr decision if he loves u.. but tattooing is a total different issue altogether.. not like he flirt around beside yr back.. or did something that hurts you..

If u really LOVE your bf, u shd respect his decision. Like u mentioned he is 30, if 30 years old can make such a dumb decision in life, yr breakoff might be a good idea.. Surprised

I second lawrenceke's comment, I believe a 9 year relationship has gone through countless challenges bringing you to the day that you broke up with him. You have every right to dislike his decision to get a tattoo, but have you thought about why he did it despite his 9-years beloved girl friend strongly rejected it with her 101% might?

He must have had a tough time coming up with this decision as the most important person of his life does not support his passion at all... You might want to put yourself into his shoes. Smile

jactsq

Back to top Go down

Post by andikong 16th June 2009, 2:49 am

In the olden history of China 岳飞 Mother tattoo 精忠报国 on the back of his body to remind him to be loyal and fight for his own country.
Well in this modern day where every conceivable art form flourish, tattoo art is also consider an ancient art form with very high culture values. As an artist myself I don't object to anyone practicing and pursuing it.
And just like myself I kept very long hair, since the first day i meet my wife she has no objection and like my long locks very much until today, I am 65 today.
So i always believe TO EACH ITS OWN, try to accommodate what he likes and it will lead to a longer and more loving relationship. After all the tattoo can only be seen by you in close contact.
andikong
andikong

Back to top Go down

Post by dreamzzlandz 16th June 2009, 3:07 am

Thanks all for your advices...

Earlier, I asked him what is the reason that he wanted to get the tattoo despite my objections..

he said he did not know that I would have such a big reaction as to break up with him.. and that he already wanted to have the tattoo long time ago..

I know its hard for me to accept the fact, nor do I want to see the tattoo at his back ever. Neither do I want to nag at his tattoo everyday at all, that is why I chose to break up.. I thought he should find someone who know how to appreciate the tattoo or artwork on his back. But certainly not me.

I love him that it why I feel so hurt and disappointed that he ruined his clean back with ugly tattoo.

I ask him to go for laser which he said since he already did the tattoo, he do not want to remove it.

For now, I still cannot bring myself to face the fact, neither can I pretend that he had not tattoo.
dreamzzlandz
dreamzzlandz

Back to top Go down

Post by Fortec 16th June 2009, 3:17 am

I can understand how u feel. No wrong or right in ur decision. I guess the only way out is to put our feet forward again on the path of life.
Fortec
Fortec

Back to top Go down

Post by jactsq 16th June 2009, 3:22 am

I admire your courage babe, 9 years to me is super long and difficult to let go... You must have a very strong point of view to make this decision.

You might want to take this opportunity to take a break, chill and let nature take its course. The answer will come to you naturally when you're ready.

Good luck and take good care! Smile

jactsq

Back to top Go down

Post by dav2011 16th June 2009, 8:34 am

dreamzzlandz wrote:Thanks all for your advices...

Earlier, I asked him what is the reason that he wanted to get the tattoo despite my objections..

he said he did not know that I would have such a big reaction as to break up with him.. and that he already wanted to have the tattoo long time ago..

I know its hard for me to accept the fact, nor do I want to see the tattoo at his back ever. Neither do I want to nag at his tattoo everyday at all, that is why I chose to break up.. I thought he should find someone who know how to appreciate the tattoo or artwork on his back. But certainly not me.

I love him that it why I feel so hurt and disappointed that he ruined his clean back with ugly tattoo.

I ask him to go for laser which he said since he already did the tattoo, he do not want to remove it.

For now, I still cannot bring myself to face the fact, neither can I pretend that he had not tattoo.

Well, my guess is that there is no longer love in this 9years relationship, thus any form of annoyment is just a form of catalyst to break this relationship. Well, spend 9 years with him and yet to understand what your man really wants , maybe it is good that you end it now than in the future with kids. However, 9 years is a long long relationship, thus i do pity that you guys has to end it this way. Rolling Eyes
dav2011
dav2011

Back to top Go down

Post by nocash 16th June 2009, 8:45 am

I also got earrings, same as my son..... rabbit
nocash
nocash

Back to top Go down

Post by Siaoster 16th June 2009, 8:59 am

9 years of a relatonship is not worth to end because of tattoos.

Tattoos are somewhat a body art which are liked by many.
even me also wanted to do a tattoo and i am reaching my 30 of age....juz that i haven decide on wat to get yet cos too many designs i wanted ahaha

Some do tattoos for luck, some do tattoos cos the love of body art, some do tattoos cos of health (trust me, such things do exist), its similar to each having their own believe and religion. we cant obstruct their own believes.

whereas 9 years of relationship is something that is created with lots of efforts and love.

given pirority ranking :
1st will be ur relationship
Tattoos is the last few pirorities.

Its definitely not worth to end a 9 yrs relationship juz becos of a tattoo....if your bf were to tattoo ur realistic face (which there are pple who do that) or ur name on his back .....i BET you will love him to bits !

Calm down, cool it, get back that love.....and live happily ever after Smile

Do not worry about offending anyone here, we know its not ur intention in criticising anyone with tattoos, juz that you would like to share your anger and "that moment of feelilng lost" with us and what we can do is to give you advice to help you through this stage. Wink
Siaoster
Siaoster

Back to top Go down

Post by Siaoster 16th June 2009, 9:01 am

nocash wrote:I also got earrings, same as my son..... rabbit

i also have earrings maybe we can swap a few haahaha Razz
Siaoster
Siaoster

Back to top Go down

Post by kei66 16th June 2009, 9:09 am

u watched miami ink or london ink? If you have watched those, your mindset about tattoo would change.

People in the west did tattoo sometimes as a significant of something important in their life. E.g their achievements or for somebody important that has passed on.
kei66
kei66

Back to top Go down

Post by kysoong 16th June 2009, 9:18 am

Guess it really depends on your mindset, my sis... 9 years of relationship is neither long nor short, but if you can end it over a phone call just cos of a tattoo (which we dun know what design is it, how big is it, where is it on ur bf's body, etc), then I really admire your courage and clear stand.

Whatever it is, if you made up ur mind that ur bf/hubby should not have a tattoo, just make sure the message is clearly relayed to him and the choice is up to him whether he want you or his long-awaited tattoo...

The views from the forum's bros and sis are just for reference and should not affect your final decision... just dun be wishy washy in a relationship (same goes for whether to buy KIA Forte!) cheers
kysoong
kysoong

Back to top Go down

Post by tish 16th June 2009, 9:27 am

sis, u arnt in the wrong if u said u dislike people having tatoo and stick to the principles that u wont be with anyone who has tatoo. there is no law stating that this is wrong. However, its just a bit not normal to shut off a something so close to u over a dislike.

The impression of a tatoo must have a bad impact on u since u were younger.

Dont worry about right or wrong in breaking up with ur bf over it. It could be a big blow to him because he wasnt prepare for ur reaction.

Give yourself some time to think over this relation and how u look at tatoos. Who knows this sudden break up may bring ur relationship with him closer in future if u give him another chance? It may also bring u to dislike tatoo even more......

Just hope u wont give me or the rest here a cold shoulder when u see our tatoo ok Smile

dreamzzlandz wrote:Thanks all for your advices...

tish
tish

Back to top Go down

Post by Divine 16th June 2009, 9:40 am

dreamz firstly sry about ur relationship.. i am not going to say that ur decision is rite or wrong and its ur life do wat u want with it. but one advice if u cannot learn to accept what ur other half like or dislike, then there bound to be quarrel and even more break ups for u in future.. anyway take me for example. look at my forte and u will know how me and me gf accomodate each other. everyone is brought up differently, no ones perfect, compromise each other and ur relationship will last a million years. this is also the reason why some people dun get married.. lead a life of carefree... wish u all the best in ur relationship.

PS i think u should really reconsider about ur current situation.. 9 years of loyalty, not every male can do that.. if i were u i rather he spent $$ on stuff he likes rather then on some other woman rite?
Divine
Divine

Back to top Go down

Post by tish 16th June 2009, 9:46 am

Siaoster wrote:

u all 1 side or 2 side.... i going to get my right side pierced.... Razz
tish
tish

Back to top Go down

Post by Melfiend 16th June 2009, 10:05 am

im 32 and have quite a
number of tats...
and countin.

you'd rather he bungy jump or jump off a plane
and risk losin his life than
let him ruin his once nice clean back?

wow!
your 9 years' of relationship sure was rocky.
Melfiend
Melfiend

Back to top Go down

Post by tish 16th June 2009, 10:17 am

i think lets think of how to advise our sis.

we empathize too much on the 9 yrs and give shocking reactions.

she needs directions coz it was a big shock to her...

probably 1 or 2 days should clear her mind on what she really want
tish
tish

Back to top Go down

Post by Divine 16th June 2009, 10:32 am

ya lor 9 years is so long so give up..
Divine
Divine

Back to top Go down

Post by impact2001 16th June 2009, 10:36 am

Hmm.. actually this is suppose to be relax chit chat corner.. maybe i should ask the admin to create BGR section....

I wonder how old is dreamzzlandz.... Its true that to let go of 9yrs relationship is not easy. I do experiences a few simliar cases of my friends and even one going to talk abt marriage... The only advice I can give to my friends is that, Don't regret of the decision you made". If you still young, i very sure you can get another BF easily but if you exceeded a girl prime age, I not sure how easy if u can get another boyfriend of the same age or older than you, povided you dun mind a younger boyfriend...

U can check out the statistics in Singapore.. There are some many single women (which is why they join in SDU) and many couples getting married at later age as compared to earlier times..

Well Of cos in my post, I not trying to ask you to give ur boyfriend a chance or something like that... But what is done is already done.. Asking him to go laser is not a money issue but it more of a painful experience and scars could be remain forever (claimed by my friends).

Why not a have a good talk with your boyfriend, try avoiding the tattoo topic.. Just find out from him whether he still love u or not and does he regret of letting you go etc..

If all the answers are quite negative, no point continuing... Even 9 yrs of relationship still can end up with divorce and normally this is due to they don't really know each other well..
impact2001
impact2001

Back to top Go down

Post by nocash 16th June 2009, 10:37 am

Siaoster wrote:

Cannot lah....i swap with wife, daughter and son ....
nocash
nocash

Back to top Go down

Post by impact2001 16th June 2009, 10:38 am

tish wrote:i think lets think of how to advise our sis.

we empathize too much on the 9 yrs and give shocking reactions.

she needs directions coz it was a big shock to her...

probably 1 or 2 days should clear her mind on what she really want

I am... Smile
impact2001
impact2001

Back to top Go down

Post by tiny 16th June 2009, 10:38 am

Yes I agree. 9years is a long time to give up. But like some of the other forumers have mentioned here, is the tattoo the reason for the breakup? Or merely the straw that broke the camel's back?

If you really love your bf, the tattoo shouldn't be the cause of so much grief. However, if you have already amassed 9yrs of unhappiness, and the tattoo is the last straw, then it's time to move on.

tiny

Back to top Go down

Post by kysoong 16th June 2009, 10:53 am

impact2001 wrote:Hmm.. actually this is suppose to be relax chit chat corner.. maybe i should ask the admin to create BGR section....

I wonder how old is dreamzzlandz.... Its true that to let go of 9yrs relationship is not easy. I do experiences a few simliar cases of my friends and even one going to talk abt marriage... The only advice I can give to my friends is that, Don't regret of the decision you made". If you still young, i very sure you can get another BF easily but if you exceeded a girl prime age, I not sure how easy if u can get another boyfriend of the same age or older than you, povided you dun mind a younger boyfriend...

U can check out the statistics in Singapore.. There are some many single women (which is why they join in SDU) and many couples getting married at later age as compared to earlier times..

Well Of cos in my post, I not trying to ask you to give ur boyfriend a chance or something like that... But what is done is already done.. Asking him to go laser is not a money issue but it more of a painful experience and scars could be remain forever (claimed by my friends).

Why not a have a good talk with your boyfriend, try avoiding the tattoo topic.. Just find out from him whether he still love u or not and does he regret of letting you go etc..

If all the answers are quite negative, no point continuing... Even 9 yrs of relationship still can end up with divorce and normally this is due to they don't really know each other well..

Agreed totally... time should not be a factor in maintaining a relationship... it's whether u still feel for one another... But if you have made up your mind, then dun look back. As i mentioned earlier, we dun know what is the design and size of the tattoo, so just take our advice with pinch of salt...

Just make sure you move on and be happy with ur final decision sunny
kysoong
kysoong

Back to top Go down

Post by impact2001 16th June 2009, 10:58 am

this topic sure getting many viewers.. anyway dreamzzlandz, if u had decided and wish to lock this topic up for your personal reasons, just let me know... I believe more or less advise you seen from us is almost the same but i know you will trust you own feelings to make the final decision.

I will try to move to BGR section if i manage to get the admin create one.
impact2001
impact2001

Back to top Go down

Post by keigo 16th June 2009, 11:09 am

come on guys... let stop posting unless dreamzzlandz response back.

The problem of posting these kind of thing in forum not going to solve your problem but to create more messy point of view from everyone.

In life you have to set your priority and not been sturbon, knowing how to let go and forgive and forget. Live will be much easier to more on.

So just clam down and take a break to clear your view before making any decision.
keigo
keigo

Back to top Go down

Post by andikong 16th June 2009, 11:09 am

Like Father like Son! haha.... Very Happy
andikong
andikong

Back to top Go down

Post by nothing 16th June 2009, 11:54 am

That's a very sweeping statements that u posted with regard on having tattoo Rolling Eyes ....9 yrs of relationship and yet u broke off with yr bf bcos of tattoo? Sit down and think carefully, unlikely the tattoo is the root cause, I believed it's due to many other factors...however I respect your decision but can never agreed with your thoughts/comments on pple having tattoo..I myself is heavily tattoo but not to the extend that it can be seen when I put on a T-shirt. Before I knew my wife, I already had 2 tattoos on my body done while I was a undergrad in Glasgow, Scotland, it mark something of my passage in my life...my OC was not happy with it but now she kind of appreciate the tattoos on my body Laughing but my current tattoo not those angmo style but more related to thai sakyant(those interested or know what I am talking abt, we can talk in another thread Laughing )....
Maybe u would like to cool down and think hard again whether this relationship of yours deserve to come to such ending? :?:by the way, respect is both way..........................................
nothing
nothing

Back to top Go down

Post by nothing 16th June 2009, 12:00 pm

andikong wrote:In the olden history of China 岳飞 Mother tattoo 精忠报国 on the back of his body to remind him to be loyal and fight for his own country.
Well in this modern day where every conceivable art form flourish, tattoo art is also consider an ancient art form with very high culture values. As an artist myself I don't object to anyone practicing and pursuing it.
And just like myself I kept very long hair, since the first day i meet my wife she has no objection and like my long locks very much until today, I am 65 today.
So i always believe TO EACH ITS OWN, try to accommodate what he likes and it will lead to a longer and more loving relationship. After all the tattoo can only be seen by you in close contact.

haha, sorry can't resisit it, Uncle Andy u r our forum 'Lao Hero' cheers cheers
nothing
nothing

Back to top Go down

Post by ano57 16th June 2009, 12:32 pm

andikong wrote:In the olden history of China 岳飞 Mother tattoo 精忠报国 on the back of his body to remind him to be loyal and fight for his own country.

I broke off with my bf of 9 years because he went to get a tattoo 72b19c02ec94811c4bfb51eb
I broke off with my bf of 9 years because he went to get a tattoo Img258381230

Jokes aside....

There maybe many reasons behind.... only the writer knows the reasons...
sit down.. Have a clear mind....Think it through...
One man's meat another's poison
It takes 2 hands to clap. The Guy should sit down and think it thru as well.
Since your partner is ultimately be the one who will be looking @ ur back until the cow comes home.
Imagine if its not a tatoo but an accident scar.

Maybe can try out temporary ink that will stay like 1 week or 1 mth type.
Maybe the gal might like it?
Maybe the guy might grow out of the interest?

Typically we are still in a very conservative asian cultured society where bodily art is still not as readily accepted similarly to an underground band

ehhhh is dreamzzlandz's violent objection linked to religious belief? Health? etc....
1001 reasons that her heart is out for care and concern.
心病还需心药医......

its good to pour out ya frustation. Feeling better already? Then please have a clear mind and arrange a good chatting session with ya 9yrs R/S partner.

2 cents.....

I broke off with my bf of 9 years because he went to get a tattoo Watislove
ano57
ano57

Back to top Go down

Post by tish 16th June 2009, 12:43 pm

bro, u didnt read properly, he tatoo liao, thats y she so pissed off when she havent give her blessing....
tish
tish

Back to top Go down

Post by BluRz 16th June 2009, 1:03 pm

Dreamzzland >>
My Hubby Tish is oso 30yrs old..
He oso wanna go tatoo, this is what i told him " Lao Hiao"
Old already then become so vain..hahaha!~ Razz
Anyway, Tatoo is nothing, anyway, he's the one who feels hurt when doing tatoo. Twisted Evil
The only thing i dun like is he wanna have both ears pierced and have earrings on both ears, look so ah gua!~
What can I do? I dun like him to have noth ears pierced oso no choice, it's his likings...juz worry he might use my stut earrings Mad
Mayb men when young nvr had the chance to be vain cos of NS/Regular, then now they got chance, let them be.
learn to accept cos' no one is perfect...put it this way, tatoo on his back might look more Macho?? more Man?? Very Happy

Cheer Up Ger!~
BluRz
BluRz

Back to top Go down

Post by ano57 16th June 2009, 1:28 pm

tish wrote:bro, u didnt read properly, he tatoo liao, thats y she so pissed off when she havent give her blessing....
paiseh.. old liao cant see well.. hahhaha

Still 9 yrs not short....
is it worth being erupting over it?

Old liao skin also sag..... wrinkle.... u luv da man within? or the man on the outside?
9yrs should have been there done tat ....on the inner beaty vs skin deep attrativeness.....

Maybe you can start to Fall in luv with a NEW man .....
Might be an interesting mindset to start with
I broke off with my bf of 9 years because he went to get a tattoo Warning_born_again_virgin_t_shirt-p235525073682299810trlf_400
ano57
ano57

Back to top Go down

Post by Siaoster 16th June 2009, 1:29 pm

tish wrote:
Siaoster wrote:

i only got left side, was thinkiing about right side though ahhahahha
Siaoster
Siaoster

Back to top Go down

Post by nocash 16th June 2009, 1:34 pm

We men are young at heart mah.... I also ever mention to my wife
that i tot having tatoo in my arms.... Smile
nocash
nocash

Back to top Go down

Post by BluRz 16th June 2009, 1:46 pm

nocash wrote:We men are young at heart mah.... I also ever mention to my wife
that i tot having tatoo in my arms.... Smile

hmmm....Issit all Men really reach a certain age then become "Lao Hiao" Razz
No wonder u guyz so fren fren with Tish!~
BluRz
BluRz

Back to top Go down

Post by lawrenceke 16th June 2009, 1:50 pm

tish wrote:
Siaoster wrote:

hey one of my gd frenz who do piercing says that piercing the right is GAY.. true anot huh? i also wan to do piercing on my right.. maybe after i got married first.. Laughing
lawrenceke
lawrenceke

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next