Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» assay
LTA poll shows fewer people using public transport in last 4 years Empty4th August 2011, 10:13 pm by Guest

» APP Leading Website Generator
LTA poll shows fewer people using public transport in last 4 years Empty4th August 2011, 11:47 am by Guest

» check-up
LTA poll shows fewer people using public transport in last 4 years Empty4th August 2011, 10:03 am by Guest

» Blu-ray to iPad Ripper lift Blu glimmer DVD movies quest of iPad
LTA poll shows fewer people using public transport in last 4 years Empty4th August 2011, 8:24 am by Guest

» ubiquitous
LTA poll shows fewer people using public transport in last 4 years Empty4th August 2011, 6:07 am by Guest

» South african indian dating. Nz internet dating.
LTA poll shows fewer people using public transport in last 4 years Empty3rd August 2011, 8:57 pm by Guest

» WHAT CREEPY IDEA ON YOUTUBE HASN'T ALREADY BEEN DONE YET?
LTA poll shows fewer people using public transport in last 4 years Empty3rd August 2011, 7:30 pm by Guest

» buy facebook fan f8
LTA poll shows fewer people using public transport in last 4 years Empty3rd August 2011, 3:15 pm by Guest

» division
LTA poll shows fewer people using public transport in last 4 years Empty3rd August 2011, 11:43 am by Guest

RSS feeds

MSN 

LTA poll shows fewer people using public transport in last 4 years

+10
karabi
jl1500k
NiVleK
kevinhwc
longbow
kapitan
ace
aural
The Blue Cruiser
lukester
14 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

LTA poll shows fewer people using public transport in last 4 years Empty LTA poll shows fewer people using public transport in last 4 years

Post by lukester 26th October 2009, 4:37 pm

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/stories/singaporelocalnews/view/1013766/1/.html

I admit, I am one of the culprit. I hate public transport for its unrealiability, the crowd, the long journey.
lukester
lukester

Back to top Go down

LTA poll shows fewer people using public transport in last 4 years Empty Re: LTA poll shows fewer people using public transport in last 4 years

Post by The Blue Cruiser 26th October 2009, 4:52 pm

of course lah. look, there is a STOMP out there to snap you sleeping on the priority seat, digging your nose, cutting your nails, etc. i can't hide my face in the sand when i am exposed on that web portal.

then some more, i got fed-up by its "the train arriving at platform A/B terminates at this station" - late already still want to terminate. $()^$*^$!!!
The Blue Cruiser
The Blue Cruiser

Back to top Go down

LTA poll shows fewer people using public transport in last 4 years Empty Re: LTA poll shows fewer people using public transport in last 4 years

Post by aural 26th October 2009, 4:53 pm

Same here. But have to admit, certain places are faster via MRT though.
aural
aural

Back to top Go down

Post by lukester 26th October 2009, 4:57 pm

haha, not from yishun to changi.

yishun to orchard maybe, considering i am picky on parking lots.

the increase of 30% ridership of MRT forgot to take in consideration that our population "boomed" from 3.8mil to 5mil. what an arguement that can be. that statement really know how to divert attention wor.

population increase 31% ridership only 30%....
lukester
lukester

Back to top Go down

Post by ace 26th October 2009, 5:24 pm

Other than sights of those hungry bears eating on the trains, male and female monkeys horsing together on the trains, decorative stones statues in the doorways, disc jockey, gamers, debaters, etc... the train rides are pretty decent. I closed my eyes and catch a few more minutes of dream time in the morning. Don't have to open my eyes to watch which ninja is trying to assassinate me on the road. Don't bother about donkeys crossing zebra crossing with earplugs. Pretty easy ride on the MRT....except I have to stand on the way home....haha

ace

Back to top Go down

Post by kapitan 26th October 2009, 5:34 pm

The only public transport I take are planes, which this year I have clock more plane rides then bus and MRT rides together.... hahaa....

Don't know, just cannot bear to take MRT and/or bus, rather flag a taxi when need to go public.
kapitan
kapitan

Back to top Go down

Post by longbow 26th October 2009, 5:46 pm

Kapitan = Fortunate Man LTA poll shows fewer people using public transport in last 4 years Icon_king
I still take public transport actually, C&C servicing, office lunch breaks etc. Other than that me and my ride are always together. I bet many of you also the same, life will be miserable if ur forte is pulled away from u.
longbow
longbow

Back to top Go down

Post by kevinhwc 26th October 2009, 5:47 pm

Me also public transport user.. No choice, parking at CBE is superbly expensive, not to mention the ERPs and the traffic that you have to go through... That's why gotten myself an OPC instead.

kevinhwc

Back to top Go down

Post by longbow 26th October 2009, 5:52 pm

kevinhwc wrote:Me also public transport user.. No choice, parking at CBE is superbly expensive, not to mention the ERPs and the traffic that you have to go through... That's why gotten myself an OPC instead.

My couz wakes up extremely early in the morning to beat the ERPs and Jams lol, this kind of life style perfect for OPC. But parking still very chor...
longbow
longbow

Back to top Go down

Post by kapitan 26th October 2009, 5:53 pm

Parking paid by company, my condition of employment was, no parking lot, then I won't work...kekeek.... ERP, I pay.
kapitan
kapitan

Back to top Go down

Post by lukester 26th October 2009, 6:06 pm

wah, kapitan u are my idol....

hahaha.

parking i pay (nvm very cheap niah, however considering to be illegal park road side), ERP no nid pay.

so would anyone think the government objectives have not been met encourage public transport usage?

if not can we tell ah gong they cannot have bonus this year? nv kept their KPI. hahaha
lukester
lukester

Back to top Go down

Post by NiVleK 26th October 2009, 6:23 pm

I have not taken a bus for years till the last bus trip...which I took from HORT PARK back to Vivocity cos I park in vivo...lol

Other than that, even if I go for servicing, I get my friends to drive me around till I get the car back... Very Happy
NiVleK
NiVleK

Back to top Go down

Post by lukester 26th October 2009, 6:27 pm

hmmm u have very good friends wor.

i will go thomson satellite center, the most take taxi home cheaper.
lukester
lukester

Back to top Go down

Post by jl1500k 27th October 2009, 9:19 pm

Maybe now a day fresh grad earn big money so can effort car liao. Some couples also can share the bundle to own a car too. One things good about public transport is no need to find and wait for parking lots.
jl1500k
jl1500k

Back to top Go down

Post by karabi 27th October 2009, 9:34 pm

Ya, Parking lots are so hard to find. I do take Mrt and bus during peak hour weekends. Then I start to realise how I love my car even more. =)
karabi
karabi

Back to top Go down

Post by ace 27th October 2009, 11:54 pm

Here's the kick off........for the new season...

ERP rates going up.....at 3 gantries.

http://app.lta.gov.sg/corp_press_content.asp?start=6er4vx6g8u0pldjv97c700i11a1vl5j4prj5y9tc3s5pdxab7v

ace

Back to top Go down

Post by lukester 28th October 2009, 9:15 am

well, its because the highly paid workers at the LTA need more increment. cos they didn't manage to keep the public transport rideship high, so now have to keep their coffer high.
lukester
lukester

Back to top Go down

Post by The Blue Cruiser 28th October 2009, 3:57 pm

lukester wrote:well, its because the highly paid workers at the LTA need more increment. cos they didn't manage to keep the public transport rideship high, so now have to keep their coffer high.

as usual the case......

even those rich boys at beemer forum are fuming. LTA poll shows fewer people using public transport in last 4 years 316913
The Blue Cruiser
The Blue Cruiser

Back to top Go down

Post by lukester 28th October 2009, 4:44 pm

wah, u at beemer forum ah?
going for upgrade liao issit?
haha
lukester
lukester

Back to top Go down

Post by The Blue Cruiser 28th October 2009, 4:47 pm

lukester wrote:wah, u at beemer forum ah?
going for upgrade liao issit?
haha

upgrade?! no money to buy car, let alone of a beemer. but i do suft their forum occasionally to see what's their reactions when their rides got stomped. LTA poll shows fewer people using public transport in last 4 years 256379
The Blue Cruiser
The Blue Cruiser

Back to top Go down

Post by Daniel^Bigcow 28th October 2009, 4:59 pm

You all forgetting that in the past 4 years, it has become more affordable to own a car. Why?? Cos govt allow it to be. And why?? Cos they wanna make more money from ERP and parking!!! :-)

So cant blame us. Hehehe. :-) I am not a big fan of public transport cos of where I live. No MRT. And bus, I always not sure which bus stop to take from. Hahaha!! And for example, from orchard, take bus, fastest also 45 minutes. If take MRT and change to bus, also around there. I drive, I take only 15 minutes or less. So I rather spend the money for cab for the time saved if I no car. :-)

30 minutes can do plenty of things. :-)
Daniel^Bigcow
Daniel^Bigcow

Back to top Go down

Post by kapitan 28th October 2009, 5:07 pm

don't know which bus to take???? here.....

http://www.sbstransit.com.sg/journeyplan/step1.aspx
kapitan
kapitan

Back to top Go down

Post by lukester 28th October 2009, 5:20 pm

Daniel^Bigcow wrote:You all forgetting that in the past 4 years, it has become more affordable to own a car. Why?? Cos govt allow it to be. And why?? Cos they wanna make more money from ERP and parking!!! :-)

So cant blame us. Hehehe. :-) I am not a big fan of public transport cos of where I live. No MRT. And bus, I always not sure which bus stop to take from. Hahaha!! And for example, from orchard, take bus, fastest also 45 minutes. If take MRT and change to bus, also around there. I drive, I take only 15 minutes or less. So I rather spend the money for cab for the time saved if I no car. :-)

30 minutes can do plenty of things. :-)

dunno which bus to take nvm, the thing is taxi is expensive during peak hours.

go from orchard have to pay CBD surcharge.
go in CBD need to take taxi also need to pay ERP.
drive urself no big diff, so might as well drive.....
lukester
lukester

Back to top Go down

Post by Daniel^Bigcow 28th October 2009, 5:22 pm

Hahaha!! When I am out already and lazy to go search. Also, which bus stop to take from. :-) If you ask me, I rather take train. :-)

Think now, I only know what bus goes from my place to orchard and back and which bus stop to take from. Hahaha!! :-)

Really only took bus when I was still in school. :-)

Anyways dun really plan my routes or my day that much if I am not working. Just go with the flow. so may end up dunno where. Hahaha!! :-)

Aiyoh ok lah ok lah!! I LAZY to take public transport can??!! Hehehe!! :-)
Daniel^Bigcow
Daniel^Bigcow

Back to top Go down

Post by Daniel^Bigcow 28th October 2009, 5:24 pm

Ohh!! Before I was driving, I usually try not to take taxi during peak hours!! :-)

Usually will wait or plan something else till after the time. :-)
Daniel^Bigcow
Daniel^Bigcow

Back to top Go down

Post by kapitan 28th October 2009, 5:27 pm

I will take a serious oath.....

"The day all Ministers, Ministers of State and Members of Parliament of the Republic of Singapore abandon their cars and take public transport to and from home to their offices, I ___________ of IC No. S1_____2G will follow suit and also abandon using my private car to and from home and office.

This I solemnly declare."
kapitan
kapitan

Back to top Go down

Post by Daniel^Bigcow 28th October 2009, 5:31 pm

Hahaha!! Bro Kapitan!! Respect!!! I also will follow suit!! :-)
Daniel^Bigcow
Daniel^Bigcow

Back to top Go down

Post by lukester 28th October 2009, 5:34 pm

kapitan wrote:I will take a serious oath.....

"The day all Ministers, Ministers of State and Members of Parliament of the Republic of Singapore abandon their cars and take public transport to and from home to their offices, I ___________ of IC No. S1_____2G will follow suit and also abandon using my private car to and from home and office.

This I solemnly declare."

I didn't think of an oath, but did think of "why don't they try and take it themselves?"

not those PR kind, got people take pics, block the rest of the public from taking.

not sure will they still say our transport is world class after 1 week?

MRT is for cattles, not enough seats for our greying population.
Bus is to experience F1 driving.
cannot even eat on public transport.... haiz.... how come other country can?
Sad
lukester
lukester

Back to top Go down

Post by ace 28th October 2009, 5:37 pm

Agreed.....leaders must lead.

We, the citizens, will follow......the leaders, lah.

So far we're very obedient....

They drive cars, we drive cars....haha

ace

Back to top Go down

Post by Daniel^Bigcow 28th October 2009, 5:40 pm

Yeah the eating one is not right!! Hahaha!! :-)

If they open up or do away with the eating rule, can do business already!! Open up sandwich bars and coffee stalls at MRTs!! Thats how its like overseas!! Ppl can eat on the go!! :-)

UK the best. Underground can eat and drink can even see ppl with beers inside. :-) Their trains, those slightly longer distance ones, there are ppl pushing carts selling food and drinks!! Wait wait wait.....best part is......on these trains......there are smoking cabins!! Hahhahaha!! :-) But the funny part if the old ones, where you have to open the doors yourself, must push down window and open from outside!! Hahaha!! :-)
Daniel^Bigcow
Daniel^Bigcow

Back to top Go down

Post by KingJerry 28th October 2009, 9:56 pm

I haven't got my car and i can't stand public transport already.

Will definitely try not to use it after i get my car! Very Happy
KingJerry
KingJerry

Back to top Go down

Post by The Blue Cruiser 28th October 2009, 10:47 pm

i also want to use car but the cost differences between OPC and regular are too wide apart. need at least two-fold increase in income to cover that...
The Blue Cruiser
The Blue Cruiser

Back to top Go down

Post by KingJerry 28th October 2009, 10:52 pm

Bro it's true.

Thats why no matter how much one dread public transport, still have to think about pocket.

Most important to live within our means! Smile
KingJerry
KingJerry

Back to top Go down

Post by aural 28th October 2009, 10:57 pm

I quite lucky i only need to take MRT and not bus. Always cannot tahan buses dunno why also. Its either MRT or Driving so far for 2 yrs for me.
aural
aural

Back to top Go down

Post by JuanST 29th October 2009, 8:44 am

aural wrote:I quite lucky i only need to take MRT and not bus. Always cannot tahan buses dunno why also. Its either MRT or Driving so far for 2 yrs for me.

taking bus need special skills.... elastic like mr fantastic and sticky like spiderman... LTA poll shows fewer people using public transport in last 4 years Icon_smile and patience like who? thats why when i need to let go of car for whatever reason.... taxi burn my pockets...
JuanST
JuanST

Back to top Go down

Post by Daniel^Bigcow 29th October 2009, 9:13 am

Ohh I also think, maybe cos of the stress and having to rush to work etc etc, that you find very rude and inconsiderate ppl on public transports here. And too many restrictions.

For example, ppl not moving to the back of the bus. Ppl not letting you move to the back of the bus even if they not moving to the back of the bus. Not giving up seats to old ppl, putting grocceries on seats when there are not seats left, etc etc etc.

Also, cant eat on bus and train. Which could save a lot of time for breakfast if can. Not being able to bring bicycles onto trains or busses. Many overseas countries you can and its good cos you can cycle from your house to the bus stop.
Daniel^Bigcow
Daniel^Bigcow

Back to top Go down

Post by lukester 29th October 2009, 5:24 pm

sorry, our circle line too small, only 3 carriages
lukester
lukester

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeed 2nd November 2009, 1:04 am

i'm an everyday bus user. I want to complain. I live in Yishun and there's this stinking service number 811. I effing hate this service. Reasons being, i come back frm school reach Yishun ard 6. Always and i mean always got long queau. It will take @ least 30 minutes for the stinking bus to arrive. U know in 30 mins what u can do right? this bus service made us wait for 30 mins during peak hours and when it comes, u know wat kind of bus they give? here comes the handicapped friendly bus. So small and cramped. They should at least given a bendy bus right? no...they gave us a shorty bus..Nvr mind...If weather rain, waiting time 40 mins! i can understand why ridership on public is getting lower, commuters cannot tahan anymore! And the way these new bus drivers drive, aiyo, i tell u, riding in a WRX doing rallying is more comfortable lah sia! they way these drivers brakes, can make u throw up sia! Aiyo...But no choice, that's the only service available at my block. SMRT so rich, cannot buy more busses meh? No need to buy Merc if so expensive lah, buy some Malaysian make, or China make...Sorry guys.
Zeed
Zeed

Back to top Go down

Post by KingJerry 2nd November 2009, 2:04 am

If you think public bus drivers are bad, wait till you sit in one driven by a NUS driver. Totally unsafe and uncomfortable. I'm surprised there hasn't been more accidents.
KingJerry
KingJerry

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeed 2nd November 2009, 4:41 pm

KingJerry wrote:If you think public bus drivers are bad, wait till you sit in one driven by a NUS driver. Totally unsafe and uncomfortable. I'm surprised there hasn't been more accidents.

How come? NUS drivers drift their way up those hilly roads ah? hahahhaha.
Zeed
Zeed

Back to top Go down

Post by The Blue Cruiser 2nd November 2009, 8:00 pm

the drivers are university educated. too smart not to get into accidents. that's why! LTA poll shows fewer people using public transport in last 4 years Icon_biggrin
The Blue Cruiser
The Blue Cruiser

Back to top Go down

Post by KingJerry 2nd November 2009, 10:28 pm

Nono! i'm referring to the NUS buses driven by non-Singaporeans.. Totally unsafe ****!
KingJerry
KingJerry

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeed 2nd November 2009, 10:47 pm

KingJerry wrote:Nono! i'm referring to the NUS buses driven by non-Singaporeans.. Totally unsafe ****!

NUS students stressed by studies, now kena stressed by bus drivers. pity pity.
Zeed
Zeed

Back to top Go down

Post by lukester 2nd November 2009, 10:50 pm

i think the bus drivers thought can help relief stress just like roller coaster.
lukester
lukester

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeed 2nd November 2009, 11:01 pm

lukester wrote:i think the bus drivers thought can help relief stress just like roller coaster.

bro, u stay yishun right? wat bus service serve your area ah?
Zeed
Zeed

Back to top Go down

Post by lukester 3rd November 2009, 12:08 pm

851, 852, 853, 854,855, 39, 965,969, 811...

alot hor?
lukester
lukester

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeed 3rd November 2009, 8:17 pm

wah seh a lot sia...But the 811 is the ****...969 very good..Never late for class on that bus..hahah.
Zeed
Zeed

Back to top Go down

Post by lukester 4th November 2009, 12:11 am

oh u study TP?

but 969 is freaking crowded ley... so thats y no public for me.

i work changi, so i used to either take 858 or 969 change at tampines or airport to work.
lukester
lukester

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeed 4th November 2009, 12:16 am

ITE Simei bro..I'm a Nursing student.hahhaha. 969 damn crowded but always board before chong pang, auntie all alight to go market, i take their seats. Sleep all the way to Tampines! tats why i dun drive, i want to sleep. hahahaha.
Zeed
Zeed

Back to top Go down

Post by lukester 4th November 2009, 9:13 am

oh.. very near my office.

i always pass by ur school then..
lukester
lukester

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next