Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» assay
C&C servicing - Page 3 Empty4th August 2011, 10:13 pm by Guest

» APP Leading Website Generator
C&C servicing - Page 3 Empty4th August 2011, 11:47 am by Guest

» check-up
C&C servicing - Page 3 Empty4th August 2011, 10:03 am by Guest

» Blu-ray to iPad Ripper lift Blu glimmer DVD movies quest of iPad
C&C servicing - Page 3 Empty4th August 2011, 8:24 am by Guest

» ubiquitous
C&C servicing - Page 3 Empty4th August 2011, 6:07 am by Guest

» South african indian dating. Nz internet dating.
C&C servicing - Page 3 Empty3rd August 2011, 8:57 pm by Guest

» WHAT CREEPY IDEA ON YOUTUBE HASN'T ALREADY BEEN DONE YET?
C&C servicing - Page 3 Empty3rd August 2011, 7:30 pm by Guest

» buy facebook fan f8
C&C servicing - Page 3 Empty3rd August 2011, 3:15 pm by Guest

» division
C&C servicing - Page 3 Empty3rd August 2011, 11:43 am by Guest

RSS feeds

MSN 

C&C servicing

+62
Juz@kid
amerimacka
jl1500k
turbo4ev
lwlty
pessimizt
duncton
longbow
PillowER
dreamzzlandz
Fortei
muff
joepele
Fransge
Cypher
Kiang
chamot16
ace_mav
boardrider02
purple
chiewjy
powerteo
JuanST
scorpey
waypoint
liplip
Gute
dandeana21
FriesL
Friendlyfool
kapitan
antzng
ktwong
fortecstatic
tower7
epin
Fortessimo
kysoong
Andrew
humbug
cboonh
eraser
nocash
Jason
lukester
oscar33
mwerkz
graysgerald79
FeiLeong
tiny
Chilex
keigo
BluRz
tish
Slow Ryder
K-Family
nothing
leedevil
charnfai30
Fortec
r11s
loveforte
66 posters

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

C&C servicing - Page 3 Empty Re: C&C servicing

Post by loveforte 3rd July 2009, 8:19 pm

go to LK
just need to change the damper rubber.
and it will be solved
loveforte
loveforte

Back to top Go down

Post by Fortessimo 4th July 2009, 12:43 am

I just went for my 6k servicing today. Had quite a few things for them to check and rectify. 2 major things touched on are:

Rear brakes knocking sound
C&C told me that there was a problem with the ABS. Now it's solved.

Wheel Alignment out
C&C will rectify it for me cos tdy not enuff time for them to do it.
Fortessimo
Fortessimo

Back to top Go down

Post by epin 4th July 2009, 8:45 am

now at pandan in e early morning.... waiting for car to be serviced... wil update u guys for the updates on d knocking sound n d alignment.. Twisted Evil
epin
epin

Back to top Go down

Post by tower7 4th July 2009, 10:02 am

lukester wrote:I think LK is highly recommended.

Thats from what I hear from forums and my own frens who does servicing with CnC.

Thats also why I choose to travel there despite being so far from my office or home.

My 1st servicing was done at LK and their service level is good.
They explained in details to my servicing as well as advice of the timing of sending
the car for next servicing in order to avoid paying $20 for OPC car.

tower7

Back to top Go down

Post by fortecstatic 17th July 2009, 1:08 am

Hi...

Anybody knows whether the 1K servicing is free one or not? And if i bring my own synthetic oil, do they charge us for that?

Does not make sense that they charge...like corkage for wine ah? How can!

fortecstatic

Back to top Go down

Post by oscar33 17th July 2009, 1:15 am

Got to pay $50plus for oil and filter. Nt sure abt the charge for bringing own oil.

oscar33

Back to top Go down

Post by tiny 17th July 2009, 1:45 am

I had my 5k servicing done at LK together with my front suspension problem solved. Took me from 840am till 245pm. I saw my car parked in the 2nd story carpark so I assumed my car is ready.

I went to the counter lady and asked her..she called the service adviser then told me 'sorry, your car still being worked on'.

WTF? By what? invisible mechanics? So I asked her 'how long more before I can collect it?'

She pointed at the workshop and told me 'why don't you go and ask the service adviser yourself?'..WTF? WTF? Then what is she paid to do?

So I buay song, went to another service adviser at the workshop (mine wasn't around). And he called my service adviser for me..and he told me 'it's still being tested'. I told him 'eh, i saw my car parked upstairs already..what you testing? Whether it can drive off by itself?'

He quickly called my service adviser again, and suddenly within 2 minutes my car was ready!

I'm never going back to CnC for servicing again. I think even Johore workshops do better job than them.

tiny

Back to top Go down

Post by oscar33 17th July 2009, 2:06 am

Bro, relax. Ur encountered is very "normal" when servicing wif AD of any make. Tats y i also prefer outside workshop - fast and most importantly, can see wat they r doing Wink

oscar33

Back to top Go down

Post by tiny 17th July 2009, 2:12 am

I understand that there's alot of cars waiting in line to be serviced/repaired. I'm ok with longer waiting time, since they also supposed to check/ rectify any defects found. However, the fact that my car is READY but they don't want to hand it to me somehow reeks of poor service. It's like holding on to my car just so that they will seem busier somehow.

And telling me that it's still being serviced when it's obviously ready and washed, sitting in the carpark upstairs really insults my intelligence. Luckily they didn't kerb my rim like they did SlowRyder's Enkeis.

tiny

Back to top Go down

Post by ktwong 17th July 2009, 9:54 am

hi all,

Anyone know much to pay first 1k service ?
ktwong
ktwong

Back to top Go down

Post by antzng 17th July 2009, 9:55 am

Just sent my car in for 1K servicing yesterday at LK. The experience is, i found that the air-bag indicator suddenly appeared on the front dial. KIA really has the power to surprise.

And with the mineral oil change, the car feel more sluggish to pickup power, as compare to without servicing.

But it seem that they have solved the shift toward left, when driving issue. And the front and back knocking sound. Just have to keep on monitoring.

Overall, it is still satisfactory for their service.
antzng
antzng

Back to top Go down

Post by antzng 17th July 2009, 9:56 am

Around 50 plus for the 1K servicing.
antzng
antzng

Back to top Go down

Post by keigo 17th July 2009, 10:22 am

tiny wrote:I had my 5k servicing done at LK together with my front suspension problem solved. Took me from 840am till 245pm. I saw my car parked in the 2nd story carpark so I assumed my car is ready.

I went to the counter lady and asked her..she called the service adviser then told me 'sorry, your car still being worked on'.

WTF? By what? invisible mechanics? So I asked her 'how long more before I can collect it?'

She pointed at the workshop and told me 'why don't you go and ask the service adviser yourself?'..WTF? WTF? Then what is she paid to do?

So I buay song, went to another service adviser at the workshop (mine wasn't around). And he called my service adviser for me..and he told me 'it's still being tested'. I told him 'eh, i saw my car parked upstairs already..what you testing? Whether it can drive off by itself?'

He quickly called my service adviser again, and suddenly within 2 minutes my car was ready!

I'm never going back to CnC for servicing again. I think even Johore workshops do better job than them.

Ya I fully agree... C&C servicing suck big time...
keigo
keigo

Back to top Go down

Post by ktwong 17th July 2009, 10:26 am

thanks antzng
ktwong
ktwong

Back to top Go down

Post by kapitan 17th July 2009, 10:33 am

as a buyer, sometimes we just have to be a bit paitent with the service provider ... please don't behave like this woman in the video, it only badly reflect upon yourself.... poor counter lady...
kapitan
kapitan

Back to top Go down

Post by lukester 17th July 2009, 10:36 am

actually my experience with LK is that they are pretty good ley.

did follow up with me everything. I have no prob with that. maybe blame on the weather, maybe a sleepy weather thusa a bad day.
lukester
lukester

Back to top Go down

Post by Friendlyfool 17th July 2009, 10:50 am

for me i feel service is subjective and two way...
if you treat the service staff rudely, they won't go the extra mile for you & more sticky to their rules...likewise if you talk to them nicely and like friend, they might bend the rules for you....

so moral of story is .... treat ppl nicely and you will get the same treatment .. Smile

correct me if I am wrong bros

Friendlyfool

Back to top Go down

Post by FriesL 17th July 2009, 11:02 am

Friendlyfool wrote:for me i feel service is subjective and two way...
if you treat the service staff rudely, they won't go the extra mile for you & more sticky to their rules...likewise if you talk to them nicely and like friend, they might bend the rules for you....

so moral of story is .... treat ppl nicely and you will get the same treatment .. Smile

correct me if I am wrong bros

+1, despite not very please with their mgt attitude, esp to their logistic.. i am still optimistic with my SE...

FriesL

Back to top Go down

Post by dandeana21 17th July 2009, 11:03 am

kapitan wrote:

as a buyer, sometimes we just have to be a bit paitent with the service provider ... please don't behave like this woman in the video, it only badly reflect upon yourself.... poor counter lady...

LOL.. actually very true oso.. i can't imagine someone doing dat @ LK Service Centre.. sure straight go to the Hougang Country Club.. tongue
dandeana21
dandeana21

Back to top Go down

Post by Friendlyfool 17th July 2009, 11:09 am

now have to spend S$20 OPC coupon & 1 day leave go servicing sianz...

Friendlyfool

Back to top Go down

Post by kapitan 17th July 2009, 11:11 am

Friendlyfool wrote:now have to spend S$20 OPC coupon & 1 day leave go servicing sianz...

if you do your research, you probably would not have to..... if I let you know the trick, would you pay me $10 bucks? half price on your OPC coupon......
kapitan
kapitan

Back to top Go down

Post by Friendlyfool 17th July 2009, 11:25 am

kapitan wrote:
Friendlyfool wrote:now have to spend S$20 OPC coupon & 1 day leave go servicing sianz...

if you do your research, you probably would not have to..... if I let you know the trick, would you pay me $10 bucks? half price on your OPC coupon......

HAHA, S$2 can anot
i know the trick, go there before 7am and leave the car ....

Friendlyfool

Back to top Go down

Post by lukester 17th July 2009, 11:38 am

u need one more, that is be ur own boss. no nid leave
lukester
lukester

Back to top Go down

Post by tish 17th July 2009, 5:16 pm

Fortessimo wrote:I just went for my 6k servicing today. Had quite a few things for them to check and rectify. 2 major things touched on are:

Rear brakes knocking sound
C&C told me that there was a problem with the ABS. Now it's solved.

Wheel Alignment out
C&C will rectify it for me cos tdy not enuff time for them to do it.

how bro solved?
tish
tish

Back to top Go down

Post by tiny 17th July 2009, 6:02 pm

[quote="antzng"]And with the mineral oil change, the car feel more sluggish to pickup power, as compare to without servicing.
quote]

Check your oil level. According to the manual, the oil level on your dipstick should NOT be above the upper mark after 5mins of the engine switching off. Mine was 5mm above the upper mark. I already feedback to CnC.

Too much engine oil is bad for your FC because your crankshaft will touch the bottom oil level, and your crankshaft will have to waste energy trying to 'paddle' its way round and round the oil. That contributes to sluggish acceleration too.

tiny

Back to top Go down

Post by humbug 18th July 2009, 12:11 am

oscar33 wrote:Bro, relax. Ur encountered is very "normal" when servicing wif AD of any make. Tats y i also prefer outside workshop - fast and most importantly, can see wat they r doing Wink

don't think every AD are such. Having read so many negative post on their Svc Centre now a bit "kia Kia" after booking. poor QC in both svc centre and new cars delivery pre-checks, lacks aggressiveness in COE bidding but damn aggressive in pushing car sales as though eager to top the Chart for all car makes in S'pore listing.

Don't have that kind of experience with Borneo or Tan Chong, through my years of driving.

humbug

Back to top Go down

C&C servicing - Page 3 Empty Deep Thinking....

Post by Gute 18th July 2009, 6:19 am

Dear all, I have just booked my car (paid deposit liao). After going thru all the threads on (1) self windscreen crack (2) default wheel alignment issues (3) issue of full or half leather (4) knocking sound when cross over hump (5)boot and door indicators .....I really thot of forgoing the deposit considering that I could potentially spend time,money (the need to apply leave) and negative emotional (since I already aware of the problem)..... sigh.

May I know if anyone could give me your advice(s) ? Sad Thanks
Gute
Gute

Back to top Go down

Post by liplip 18th July 2009, 10:54 am

Gute wrote:Dear all, I have just booked my car (paid deposit liao). After going thru all the threads on (1) self windscreen crack (2) default wheel alignment issues (3) issue of full or half leather (4) knocking sound when cross over hump (5)boot and door indicators .....I really thot of forgoing the deposit considering that I could potentially spend time,money (the need to apply leave) and negative emotional (since I already aware of the problem)..... sigh.

Why waste good money in your deposit? Not all the issues raised are widespread in the Forte owner's, and if it's widespread, CnC will fix it.

liplip

Back to top Go down

Post by kapitan 18th July 2009, 10:58 am

Gute wrote:Dear all, I have just booked my car (paid deposit liao). After going thru all the threads on (1) self windscreen crack (2) default wheel alignment issues (3) issue of full or half leather (4) knocking sound when cross over hump (5)boot and door indicators .....I really thot of forgoing the deposit considering that I could potentially spend time,money (the need to apply leave) and negative emotional (since I already aware of the problem)..... sigh.

U worry too much.....
kapitan
kapitan

Back to top Go down

Post by kapitan 18th July 2009, 11:01 am

btw people, does KIA sms and send cards to you to remind you of your car being due for servicing.... have recived such from them as I am supposed to be dued for 6k service, but I am still on 4k ++ as I did not drive for two weeks......
kapitan
kapitan

Back to top Go down

Post by epin 18th July 2009, 11:08 am

yah me too received it, but stil at 4k+ onli leh... but... donno whether want go cnc anymore onot... stil thinking....
epin
epin

Back to top Go down

Post by tish 18th July 2009, 11:09 am

most of them are issues that can be solve easily... other issues u can live with, the only worry is the windscreen. Very Happy
tish
tish

Back to top Go down

Post by lukester 18th July 2009, 12:17 pm

i am a happy owner.

some are small issues, once solved u can still enjoy r ride.

dun think i will go back to public transport.
lukester
lukester

Back to top Go down

Post by waypoint 18th July 2009, 1:13 pm

Bro,

If you trawl the internet for manufacturer recalls for cars, regardless of country of manufacture, you will find that no car is perfect. Well, perhaps they *may* exist, for about 10-20 times the price we paid for our rides...

Lets take BMW as an example...

Problems with their SEs, their agents(PML), car problems(mechanical, electronic or otherwise), differing experiences in terms of service quality and etc...

Forum thread - Click!

The cheapest BMW available now? S$95,000.

A great consolation would be that with the new DNA for cars, coupled with their current design, manufacture and quality of build philosophies that KIA is embracing, you can be sure that in the very near future, these issues will be sorted out in all their coming and updated models. For the Forte, according to the tech advisor at KIA, such known issues would be sorted out for cars assembled from July 2009 onwards.

So take heart and enjoy your ride. It'll be different once you get behind the wheel and hear the first rev you make in YOUR car.

HooAH!

BR,
w a y

waypoint
waypoint

Back to top Go down

Post by Gute 18th July 2009, 1:28 pm

Dear all, thank you for the advises and encouragement. I really look forward to meeeting all of you after collected the my car. Meanwhile, wishing all of you a great weekend. Very Happy
Gute
Gute

Back to top Go down

Post by nothing 18th July 2009, 2:34 pm

all these are only small issues, if it really affect u so much and causing u so much distress,then just forgo the deposit and move on....... Rolling Eyes
nothing
nothing

Back to top Go down

Post by scorpey 18th July 2009, 3:19 pm

nothing wrote:

all these are only small issues, if it really affect u so much and causing u so much distress,then just forgo the deposit and move on....... Rolling Eyes

yah.. frankly, unless u kanna the major ones like windscreen crack.. if not all r minors... i dun really notice some minor issues until i read the forum...and alot of time i still find its ok..usually related to noises.. but in the first place.. how quiet is again quite subjective.. so far i can live with it.. in fact my fren driving an Audi is quite impress with the insulation of our forte.. anyway overall quite a nice car to drive and for the price i paid.. im happy so far.. so if u are freak out by the posts of these "problems".. give them a missed.. Razz not to forget.. car is something mechanical and moving.. im sure other brands/ makes oso have their own problems.. Smile
scorpey
scorpey

Back to top Go down

Post by Gute 18th July 2009, 5:16 pm

Dear Scorpey, thanks. I was at first apprehensive 'cause my current car of 4 yrs did not give me any problem....now, I am more assured. Thanks to you and all again Smile cheers
Gute
Gute

Back to top Go down

Post by Friendlyfool 20th July 2009, 4:17 pm

now waiting at C&C for my car...sigh take so long. i checked in at 10am

Friendlyfool

Back to top Go down

Post by tish 20th July 2009, 5:08 pm

Friendlyfool wrote:now waiting at C&C for my car...sigh take so long. i checked in at 10am
1k service? let us know the result bro Smile
tish
tish

Back to top Go down

Post by Friendlyfool 21st July 2009, 10:43 am

bro tish
got my car at 5pm.... sianz... so long
then C&C tell me need to go down again in 2 weeks time.
no spare part repair the sound when going over hump

Friendlyfool

Back to top Go down

Post by tish 21st July 2009, 11:39 am

har? they didnt tell u in the first place r? i tot at least should let u know got no stock, but its ok i think if u happen to have half day off or take mc or leave then go back install, or u can wait till 5k then install the damper....
tish
tish

Back to top Go down

Post by JuanST 21st July 2009, 2:07 pm

nothing wrote:

the deposit is a deposit on the COE. if they have not secured ur COE, u shud be able to get back ur deposit.
if they secured ur COE, then byebye... no choice but continue or lose it... at least this is what my SE told me.
if they refuse, then it depends if u use card or cash. if card, then u can raise a card transaction dispute. then let the card company handle it. if cash...................T-T
JuanST
JuanST

Back to top Go down

Post by Friendlyfool 21st July 2009, 2:38 pm

whats a damper bro?

Friendlyfool

Back to top Go down

Post by tish 21st July 2009, 3:11 pm

it is to cushion the spring when u going over hump so there wont be any knocking sound... Smile

did u read up the hump knocking sound thread? HKS.
tish
tish

Back to top Go down

Post by scorpey 21st July 2009, 4:27 pm

Gute wrote:Dear Scorpey, thanks. I was at first apprehensive 'cause my current car of 4 yrs did not give me any problem....now, I am more assured. Thanks to you and all again Smile cheers

You are welcome! hope ur current car isn't a BMW or Merc.. =P
scorpey
scorpey

Back to top Go down

Post by powerteo 21st July 2009, 4:45 pm

Then u should buy those already on the road for few years... proven to have minimum issues.
eg. hyundai avante, nissan sunny, toyota vios/altis, lancer glx....etc

I also booked my car BEFORE i get to know this forum. I also got the same feeling as u after seeing so many issues/problems. Heard from my SE that the major issues (windscreen crack, knocking sound) are taken care of on the July batch. Thanks to the people here that detect these problems early. Other than that, I don't think why we should forgo such a "beauty".

Maybe u should try viewing other models forum and see if they are facing any problems with their cars. That will help u answer your questions.

powerteo

Back to top Go down

Post by chiewjy 25th July 2009, 1:22 pm

Would like to share my own exp at 1K:

When I went to collect my car the service advisor informed me that there is a small scratch on my right front rim. He said probably I have brushed against a curb and had not noticed it. I took his word for it and went off.

Thinking back, if the curb had been high enough to reach my rim, surely it could not have been slight and I surely would have known I had brushed against something. Somemore my car was only 3 weeks old! Anyway my car clocked additional 50+ km while it was at the 1K svc. I know they must have driven it around to test out the knocking and creaking sounds which I told them about, but I sensed something fishy about the rim scatch.. Hmmm..

So in short, pls check ur car for scratches etc before you h/o to them for svc.. Dunno if can make them note down the scratch marks or not.. so that they can't smoke you when you collect ur car.

Anyway my SA 'helpfully' called me back the next day to tell me that the dampeners have arrived and I can go back to replace my dampeners. Such fast service probably to 'make up' for the rim scratch.. Haha..
chiewjy
chiewjy

Back to top Go down

Post by purple 28th July 2009, 1:29 am

Is there any difference between the different service centres?
Which is better?
purple
purple

Back to top Go down

Post by boardrider02 28th July 2009, 1:33 am

dampeners?they change the rubber only ryte for the knocking sound.
boardrider02
boardrider02

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next