Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» assay
March 1st COE bidding. How much did C&C bid for you - Page 4 Empty4th August 2011, 10:13 pm by Guest

» APP Leading Website Generator
March 1st COE bidding. How much did C&C bid for you - Page 4 Empty4th August 2011, 11:47 am by Guest

» check-up
March 1st COE bidding. How much did C&C bid for you - Page 4 Empty4th August 2011, 10:03 am by Guest

» Blu-ray to iPad Ripper lift Blu glimmer DVD movies quest of iPad
March 1st COE bidding. How much did C&C bid for you - Page 4 Empty4th August 2011, 8:24 am by Guest

» ubiquitous
March 1st COE bidding. How much did C&C bid for you - Page 4 Empty4th August 2011, 6:07 am by Guest

» South african indian dating. Nz internet dating.
March 1st COE bidding. How much did C&C bid for you - Page 4 Empty3rd August 2011, 8:57 pm by Guest

» WHAT CREEPY IDEA ON YOUTUBE HASN'T ALREADY BEEN DONE YET?
March 1st COE bidding. How much did C&C bid for you - Page 4 Empty3rd August 2011, 7:30 pm by Guest

» buy facebook fan f8
March 1st COE bidding. How much did C&C bid for you - Page 4 Empty3rd August 2011, 3:15 pm by Guest

» division
March 1st COE bidding. How much did C&C bid for you - Page 4 Empty3rd August 2011, 11:43 am by Guest

RSS feeds

MSN 

March 1st COE bidding. How much did C&C bid for you

+36
longbow
hemuhemu
Demiblade
thinkforte
kh
khen1
spicy moomoo
charcoal
Forte002
jboy
cejay
mamamia
muff
Guardian
mengii
cyz
athadu
varadero23
karunt
lBlOlSlSl
versa83
Godson
DevinGoh
daydreaming
Gabes
whitechoco
JuanST
chivas12
NiVleK
gobal100
kiakeys
Westguy
deepstink
loansharkie
BoonBoom
crono
40 posters

Page 4 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

March 1st COE bidding. How much did C&C bid for you - Page 4 Empty Re: March 1st COE bidding. How much did C&C bid for you

Post by karunt 12th March 2010, 11:14 am

Guys!!!! Finally my SE just ask me to top up!! 1K!!!

SE use the Gov NEWs to scare us !!!!!

karunt

Back to top Go down

March 1st COE bidding. How much did C&C bid for you - Page 4 Empty Re: March 1st COE bidding. How much did C&C bid for you

Post by jboy 12th March 2010, 11:19 am

May I know who actually determine the bid amount for my purchase? The SE or CnC Mgmt?

Also, for example my first bid is $20,000 and out bid. My SE asks me to top up 1k for 3bids guaranty.
Does it mean the highest amount for my next bid can only go up to $21000?

What if i dont top up? Will my SE purposely bid lower so that i failed to get coe again then he can push me to top up more $$$ on 3rd coe bidding?

jboy

Back to top Go down

Post by karunt 12th March 2010, 11:37 am

jboy wrote:May I know who actually determine the bid amount for my purchase? The SE or CnC Mgmt?

Also, for example my first bid is $20,000 and out bid. My SE asks me to top up 1k for 3bids guaranty.

What if i dont top up? Will my SE purposely bid lower so that i failed to get coe again then he can push me to top up more $$$ on 3rd coe bidding?

yo!!! gd question!! can anyone give some advice? pls... hahaaaa

karunt

Back to top Go down

Post by loansharkie 12th March 2010, 11:47 am

jboy,

if your SE ask you to top up 1k for 3 bid guranteeed COE, it would mean that you will secure your COE within 3 bids.

within 3 bids, you will get the COE, no further top up required.
loansharkie
loansharkie

Back to top Go down

Post by mamamia 12th March 2010, 12:05 pm

varadero23 wrote:btw c&c in ubi is not the same as c&c in leng kee,ubi is call c&c fulco ,they bid differently

True

mamamia

Back to top Go down

Post by karunt 12th March 2010, 12:19 pm

then really wanna to top up then can get it????

karunt

Back to top Go down

Post by mamamia 12th March 2010, 12:22 pm

If one really needs the car and don't want to pay higher COEs in the coming months due to the reduction in COEs, I feel topping up, say 2k is ok compared to paying for a COE that is 30k with a higher bank interest rate. Which is worst? We all know.

mamamia

Back to top Go down

Post by mamamia 12th March 2010, 12:52 pm

karunt wrote:Guys!!!! Finally my SE just ask me to top up!! 1K!!!

SE use the Gov NEWs to scare us !!!!!

Hi Karunt

The SE is not scaring us. It's reality. It has made headlines in today's Straits Times and the figures speak for itself.

Luckily for me, I got my COE last month. Had I waited and not listened to my SE's sound advice (He's a friend actually), I would be in deeper xxxt as I already sold my current van.

mamamia

Back to top Go down

Post by varadero23 12th March 2010, 1:26 pm

CNC Mgmt,the ubi 1 and the leng kee 1 bid differently cos ubi 1 is cnc fulco
jboy wrote:May I know who actually determine the bid amount for my purchase? The SE or CnC Mgmt?

varadero23
varadero23

Back to top Go down

Post by jboy 12th March 2010, 2:17 pm

ermMMM... okay lar... dun think too much....

DECIDED NOT GOING TO TOP UP !!!

I strongly believe "WHAT'S YOURS IS YOURS"

If SE/CnC wants to make $$$ sure they will try to close the deal asap.

Maybe they earn not much this time if we refused to top up, but they still can earn back the money by increasing the car price for the new buyers as what they are doing now, prices go up by 2k oredi.

Smile

ALL BROS & SISTERS... JUST REMAIN CALM AND STEADY...

jboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Westguy 12th March 2010, 3:14 pm

I still remember what the Kia sales exec told me before i left the showroom last weekend, "No matter what brand of car you buy, please...make sure you buy it before this weekend as the COE is expected to go up and up"

Westguy

Back to top Go down

Post by Forte002 12th March 2010, 3:20 pm

jboy wrote:ermMMM... okay lar... dun think too much....

Maybe they earn not much this time if we refused to top up, but they still can earn back the money by increasing the car price for the new buyers as what they are doing now, prices go up by 2k oredi.

Smile

Good luck. I strongly believe that if you are a budget car buyer and if you missed this time round, you won't buy car within the next 1 to 2 years if COE goes above $30K level. BTW, Cat A quota is going to cut further by 30% for the next six months.

Forte002

Back to top Go down

Post by Forte002 12th March 2010, 3:27 pm

$1k top up for guaranteed COE within 3 bids definitely worth it. Next bidding you will see Cat A chasing Cat B price at around $25K. The best part is if C&C did not bid for you and when Apr COE quota drop, the 1st bidding will see COE at $30K level. Guess how much is your car cost???

Forte002

Back to top Go down

Post by cejay 12th March 2010, 3:32 pm

My SE juz called me telling me if i dont top up 1k today, they are going to increase it very soon... dont knw when is the soon... March 1st COE bidding. How much did C&C bid for you - Page 4 Icon_sad

cejay

Back to top Go down

Post by kiakeys 12th March 2010, 3:33 pm

Economics mate..

if the COE is so high which will resulted in high car prices, the budget car buying will not bite .. so the overall demand will drop

when that happens

Car dealers will have to lower their profit margin to make their product more affordable and competitive for buyers. so its business sense mate

if you have v low sales, you offer price discounts or you target your customer that have sign and give them a discount i.e bid for them in a higher COE to get the sales

knowing this mate , dont have to top up unless its a done deal .. a risk worth taking unless you die die must have a car ..

kiakeys

Back to top Go down

Post by Forte002 12th March 2010, 3:51 pm

kiakeys wrote:Economics mate..

if the COE is so high which will resulted in high car prices, the budget car buying will not bite .. so the overall demand will drop

when that happens

Car dealers will have to lower their profit margin to make their product more affordable and competitive for buyers. so its business sense mate

if you have v low sales, you offer price discounts or you target your customer that have sign and give them a discount i.e bid for them in a higher COE to get the sales

knowing this mate , dont have to top up unless its a done deal .. a risk worth taking unless you die die must have a car ..

True to certain extend. However, how much is their profit margin now? Assuming $10K at current selling price. So COE up by $10K which wipe out their margin. No matter what, the car price will still need to go up by at least $5-8K if COE up by $10K.

COE is a constant factor and not production factor. Therefore, there is limited the car dealer can do to offer attractive discount. In addition, there will also be a shift in the target customer from 2L car to 1.6 and below. It will not be a straight forward supply and demand equation.

And most likely there will be a rush factor this weekend and the buyer will be all paying guarantee COE price. So if these buyers are guarantee COE, imagine what will happen to those buying last week and never gotten the COE?

My advice to those who have not yet gotten COE to top up $1k which is a small amount compared with the increase in COE prices in the next bidding.

Forte002

Back to top Go down

Post by crono 12th March 2010, 3:58 pm

so is topup 1k or 2k. mine is 2k.

crono

Back to top Go down

Post by kiakeys 12th March 2010, 3:59 pm

so be it then

i will not have a car

save me 1.3k monthly maintenece , might as well spend it on the family better.

kiakeys

Back to top Go down

Post by mamamia 12th March 2010, 4:05 pm

Hi jboy

I strongly believe "what's yours is yours" but to me, with all due respect does not apply here. It is because the market forces are too clear and present.

But it's entirely up to you March 1st COE bidding. How much did C&C bid for you - Page 4 Icon_biggrin

mamamia

Back to top Go down

Post by mamamia 12th March 2010, 4:06 pm

Forte002 wrote:

when that happens

True to certain extend. However, how much is their profit margin now? Assuming $10K at current selling price. So COE up by $10K which wipe out their margin. No matter what, the car price will still need to go up by at least $5-8K if COE up by $10K.

COE is a constant factor and not production factor. Therefore, there is limited the car dealer can do to offer attractive discount. In addition, there will also be a shift in the target customer from 2L car to 1.6 and below. It will not be a straight forward supply and demand equation.

And most likely there will be a rush factor this weekend and the buyer will be all paying guarantee COE price. So if these buyers are guarantee COE, imagine what will happen to those buying last week and never gotten the COE?

My advice to those who have not yet gotten COE to top up $1k which is a small amount compared with the increase in COE prices in the next bidding.

I totally agree with Forte002 otherwise it's penny wise pound foolish.

mamamia

Back to top Go down

Post by Forte002 12th March 2010, 4:09 pm

crono wrote:so is topup 1k or 2k. mine is 2k.

You check with karunt as he posted 1K.

Forte002

Back to top Go down

Post by mamamia 12th March 2010, 4:19 pm

Yeap, I saw Karunt's posting.

mamamia

Back to top Go down

Post by karunt 12th March 2010, 4:39 pm

mamamia wrote:Yeap, I saw Karunt's posting.

hi, mamamia

for those who bought forte @ $57999 will top up $1k & those who bought forte @ $55999 need to top up 2K.

mean the lower price u bought for the car mean u need to top up more.

btw my SE just call me say that current Kia Forte 1.6 SX (A) is selling @ $63999 ( duno true or not )

And also after today those who offer 1k to top up will be end.. then next offer will be $3k - $4k. this is wat my SE told me.

So for myself i also duno wat to say now.... Sad

karunt

Back to top Go down

Post by loansharkie 12th March 2010, 4:39 pm

okay. i only know for 1.6SX forte. quoting my SE.

guys who got it at

a) 55,999
b) 56,999

all top up 2k.

guys who got it at

a) 57,999
b) 58,999

top up 1k.

any exceptions?
loansharkie
loansharkie

Back to top Go down

Post by loansharkie 12th March 2010, 4:47 pm

mamamia wrote:
Forte002 wrote:

when that happens

i agree too, less the fact that if their profit margin is 10k per car, i would not even consider topping up.

but the fact is, it is not. in fact, i believe C&C does not have to capacity to bid anything more than 21k based on the selling price of 55,999.
loansharkie
loansharkie

Back to top Go down

Post by mamamia 12th March 2010, 4:53 pm

loansharkie wrote:okay. i only know for 1.6SX forte. quoting my SE.

guys who got it at

a) 55,999
b) 56,999

all top up 2k.

guys who got it at

a) 57,999
b) 58,999

top up 1k.

any exceptions?

The figures you mentioned are correct. I checked with SE friend.

I booked the Forte SX (A) on 23 Feb just in time for 24 Feb (2nd
bidding) and secured the COE at $20,340. I do not have to top up at all
as the changes to the COE was made this month.

Also, the documentation has been done.

Prices have been changing on a weekly basis from what I see.

My friend got his ride at $56,999.. me at $57,999.. then 1 week later at
$57,999 C&C Fulco offered it with FOC BK.

In other words, it depends on your timing which actually is your need to
buy.

mamamia

Back to top Go down

Post by karunt 12th March 2010, 4:55 pm

loansharkie wrote:
mamamia wrote:
Forte002 wrote:

when that happens

i agree too, less the fact that if their profit margin is 10k per car, i would not even consider topping up.

but the fact is, it is not. in fact, i believe C&C does not have to capacity to bid anything more than 21k based on the selling price of 55,999.

but will they let go those who bought @ 55,999? and give it to those bought @ 57,999 or $58,999 ?

karunt

Back to top Go down

Post by mamamia 12th March 2010, 4:59 pm

mamamia wrote:

guys who got it at

a) 55,999
b) 56,999

all top up 2k.

guys who got it at

a) 57,999
b) 58,999

top up 1k.

any exceptions?

The figures you mentioned are correct. I checked with SE friend.

I booked the Forte SX (A) on 23 Feb just in time for 24 Feb (2nd
bidding) and secured the COE at $20,340. I do not have to top up at all
as the changes to the COE was made this month.

Also, the documentation has been done.

Prices have been changing on a weekly basis from what I see.

My friend got his ride at $56,999.. me at $57,999.. then 1 week later at
$57,999 C&C Fulco offered it with FOC BK.

In other words, it depends on your timing which actually is your need to
buy.

I will have to check with my SE friend.

And yes, the price for Forte SX (A) has increased to $63,999

mamamia

Back to top Go down

Post by crono 12th March 2010, 5:00 pm

price will be above 60k for 1.6SX (A) this wkend

crono

Back to top Go down

Post by loansharkie 12th March 2010, 5:02 pm

okay, latest from my SE.

C&C out to murder.

top up is now at 4k.

1.6SX going for 63,999.
loansharkie
loansharkie

Back to top Go down

Post by Forte002 12th March 2010, 5:03 pm

but will they let go those who bought @ 55,999? and give it to those bought @ 57,999 or $58,999 ?

They will only let go those who never top up...

Forte002

Back to top Go down

Post by charcoal 12th March 2010, 5:07 pm

guys who got it at

a) 55,999
b) 56,999

all top up 2k.

"offered from SE" to top up 4k..haiz

guys who got it at

a) 57,999
b) 58,999

top up 1k.

any exceptions?
charcoal
charcoal

Back to top Go down

Post by karunt 12th March 2010, 5:08 pm

loansharkie wrote:okay, latest from my SE.

C&C out to murder.

top up is now at 4k.

1.6SX going for 63,999.

yo ! ! loansharkie... I think C&C is worse then ur nick ! hahaaa.....

haiz.. wat my SE say is true leh....

karunt

Back to top Go down

Post by loansharkie 12th March 2010, 5:11 pm

SIGHS.

i loanshark also stuck by C&C.

terrible.

Last edited by loansharkie on 12th March 2010, 5:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
loansharkie
loansharkie

Back to top Go down

Post by Forte002 12th March 2010, 5:11 pm

C&C out to murder.

top up is now at 4k.

1.6SX going for 63,999.

Acutally, not true to murder... The fact that COE is going to increase to $25K and above is very true. Just take a look at historical data in 2003 or 2004 you will understand. So by topping up 1 or 2K is nothing. That's why I keep encouranging those who have not done so to do it quick. I forsee the $4-5K coming very fast and furious. The situation will be worst if more committed.

Forte002

Back to top Go down

Post by BoonBoom 12th March 2010, 5:12 pm

Hais Sad guess i would have to live with that 5 more bids liao! no way i am going to top up 4k! Its absurb! March 1st COE bidding. How much did C&C bid for you - Page 4 Affraid
BoonBoom
BoonBoom

Back to top Go down

Post by loansharkie 12th March 2010, 5:14 pm

Forte002 wrote:

C&C out to murder.

top up is now at 4k.

1.6SX going for 63,999.

Acutally, not true to murder... The fact that COE is going to increase to $25K and above is very true. Just take a look at historical data in 2003 or 2004 you will understand. So by topping up 1 or 2K is nothing. That's why I keep encouranging those who have not done so to do it quick. I forsee the $4-5K coming very fast and furious. The situation will be worst if more committed.

bro Forte002.

i am a strong believer that AD is more clear cut than PI with regards to COE. and that if KIA is willing to come out and sell a Forte 1.6SX at $55,999, they must also be confident that they can get the COE based on this pricing.

if not, why not set it at 45,999 and ask everyone who buy to top up 10k?

maybe murder is a strong word, but if you think you gotten a good deal from C&C, and the next thing, they ask you to top up 4k because they failed to get the COE, would you be unhappy?

would you top up the 4k then?
loansharkie
loansharkie

Back to top Go down

Post by crono 12th March 2010, 5:21 pm

they are serious this time. take it or leave it. price for Avante up to 67k.

crono

Back to top Go down

Post by Westguy 12th March 2010, 5:25 pm

crono wrote:they are serious this time. take it or leave it. price for Avante up to 67k.

$67,399 for an Avante is ridiculous...lol

Westguy

Back to top Go down

Post by muff 12th March 2010, 5:26 pm

Forte002 wrote:
jboy wrote:ermMMM... okay lar... dun think too much....

Smile

Good luck. I strongly believe that if you are a budget car buyer and if you missed this time round, you won't buy car within the next 1 to 2 years if COE goes above $30K level. BTW, Cat A quota is going to cut further by 30% for the next six months.

Bro, the reduction for Cat A is not 30% but 39.2% (as per today ST)
muff
muff

Back to top Go down

Post by Forte002 12th March 2010, 5:29 pm

i am a strong believer that AD is more clear cut than PI with regards to COE. and that if KIA is willing to come out and sell a Forte 1.6SX at $55,999, they must also be confident that they can get the COE based on this pricing.

maybe murder is a strong word, but if you think you gotten a good deal from C&C, and the next thing, they ask you to top up 4k because they failed to get the COE, would you be unhappy?

To be fair to them, the price is not guarantee COE and if anyone wants the extra confident in getting the COE in last round, they should have top up in the first place and not leave to chances.

Of course if I am asked to top up $4K, I will be unhappy but this is the current market situation for all cars dealer now. Every AD foresee everyone going to grab the guarantee COE in the next bid as Apr will be worst. So the next COE bid will be at least $25-28K level. I guess C&C want to bid at $26-$28K for the next COE. So taking $26K as the guide vs last bid of $20K, it is a $6K increase. Paying $4K is to get the assurance and C&C still lost the $2K margine.

That's the reason why I keep asking those to pay $1-2K to do it fast! If they have done deal, they will get at premium of about $4K increase in COE which in fact a further discount to them in the long run.

Forte002

Back to top Go down

Post by daydreaming 12th March 2010, 5:36 pm

all the price of cars went up after today newpaper show that there will be abt 40% cut in coe & price of coe will range from 25-35k.. it is a sure up.. so those who stand can top up at 1-2k for ur ride, pls do so or u will regret.. my se told mi yday whether to top up 2k, i say i will decide n see how.. dan today morning she called mi but i din pick up.. hours later i return her call, she told mi that the top up price have rise to 4k.. i got shocked but luckily she reserve the 2k top up for mi & told her boss that i going to top up & secure it at 2k if not i will need to pay 4k.. wow.. great help from her.. she is 1 of the best se that i have came across.. =) March 1st COE bidding. How much did C&C bid for you - Page 4 Icon_cheers

bought 1.6l koup auto at 61999 then now top up 2k so total 63999..

now c&c selling 1.6l sx auto at 63999 - same price as my koup.. wohoo.. so ex.. so ppl bought forte at abt 50+k..
now c&c selling koup 1.6l auto at 69999.. - some ppl bought at 58-59k.. the difference of 10k wo..

daydreaming

Back to top Go down

Post by muff 12th March 2010, 5:56 pm

Cat A quota = 1148 (Mar 10)
Cat A quota after 39.2 % reduction = 698 (Apr 10)
muff
muff

Back to top Go down

Post by Godson 12th March 2010, 6:34 pm

i agree with forte002, based on the profit margin, KIA is really not making much...

but have to agree with other bros that they are unhappy to top up...

for those bros who need a car urgently, pls think carefully and b4 you decide not to top up... COE prices are gonna shoot northwards like a rocket..

Forte002 wrote:

To be fair to them, the price is not guarantee COE and if anyone wants the extra confident in getting the COE in last round, they should have top up in the first place and not leave to chances.

Of course if I am asked to top up $4K, I will be unhappy but this is the current market situation for all cars dealer now. Every AD foresee everyone going to grab the guarantee COE in the next bid as Apr will be worst. So the next COE bid will be at least $25-28K level. I guess C&C want to bid at $26-$28K for the next COE. So taking $26K as the guide vs last bid of $20K, it is a $6K increase. Paying $4K is to get the assurance and C&C still lost the $2K margine.

That's the reason why I keep asking those to pay $1-2K to do it fast! If they have done deal, they will get at premium of about $4K increase in COE which in fact a further discount to them in the long run.
Godson
Godson

Back to top Go down

Post by spicy moomoo 12th March 2010, 6:38 pm

I believe CnC will bid for those who willing to pay for top up fee for the coming bidding to secure highest profit before COE go up again...

As for those who decide not to top up have to really pray very hard that COE will drop below 20k...

spicy moomoo

Back to top Go down

Post by mamamia 12th March 2010, 6:46 pm

To think of it, the SEs are not entirely to be blamed as they take instructions from the management.

The SEs are having a tough time too.

They can't control the COE and it's economics of scale... fewr COEs realeased = Higher COE and higher bank interest rates = higher car price.

So, it is best to top up "less" now than pay higher the next bidding as from what we can see now, prices are set to go up up up.. my 2cts worth

mamamia

Back to top Go down

Post by charcoal 12th March 2010, 6:51 pm

i think those who don wanna top up and booked at the price of 55999 or 56999, think C&C will juz low bid and let it roll away till the remainding bids end... they have few months to hold the buyers in hand and observed situation?
charcoal
charcoal

Back to top Go down

Post by jboy 12th March 2010, 6:55 pm

My SE called mi around 4pm and told me that they dont accept 1/2k top-up options for securing coe anymore.

I have only 2 choices,
1) buy the car at newer price @ $56999 for EX(A) or $63999 for SX
2) stick to the original deal, which i booked EX(A) at $52999, after 5 more bids if not getting coe then refund me the $$$.

My SE said tmr the price may increase again.

jboy

Back to top Go down

Post by charcoal 12th March 2010, 7:07 pm

my present 7 years old car due for inspection, and couple of thing gotta be fixed to pass inspection, so decide traded in. if i get my old car back, throw some money get it fixed to serve me 2 more years which i don really wanna do that. what to do? pay loo.. 4K gone but think if i still wanna a new car, that's my only choice left for now.. haiz
charcoal
charcoal

Back to top Go down

Post by Forte002 12th March 2010, 10:57 pm

Actually buying car a lot of time is timing. You must understand the market and time your entry. I don't have the intention to buy initially but went down to the show car clearance sale to check out the pricing. Then subsequently heard about the change in Coe quota which highly anticipated to cut in apr. I already paid one year road tax for my previous ride and initially wanted to wait till end of year. But with Coe price heading up, the Forte price give a discount of $3k and was told that car with bk confirm ready before cny. It is too good to be true and should not wait further. So I decide to pay 57299 for my 1.6sx with bk and all the basic freebies. 8)

I met one of the bro at the showroom and he told me the price is too high now. I told him yes the price may be high but it is also offset by the high Coe which resulted in lower car price and further more, Coe quota is going to cut soon. I hope he has considered my advice. The price I paid at that time is consider high if comparing with those booked earlier at around 50k. However, their Coe is not even half of mine at 20,500. Who has a better deal?

My forecast did come true and Coe is cutting soon and price is increasing.

Forte002

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next