Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» assay
Who have regret of getting the Kia Forte - Page 2 Empty4th August 2011, 10:13 pm by Guest

» APP Leading Website Generator
Who have regret of getting the Kia Forte - Page 2 Empty4th August 2011, 11:47 am by Guest

» check-up
Who have regret of getting the Kia Forte - Page 2 Empty4th August 2011, 10:03 am by Guest

» Blu-ray to iPad Ripper lift Blu glimmer DVD movies quest of iPad
Who have regret of getting the Kia Forte - Page 2 Empty4th August 2011, 8:24 am by Guest

» ubiquitous
Who have regret of getting the Kia Forte - Page 2 Empty4th August 2011, 6:07 am by Guest

» South african indian dating. Nz internet dating.
Who have regret of getting the Kia Forte - Page 2 Empty3rd August 2011, 8:57 pm by Guest

» WHAT CREEPY IDEA ON YOUTUBE HASN'T ALREADY BEEN DONE YET?
Who have regret of getting the Kia Forte - Page 2 Empty3rd August 2011, 7:30 pm by Guest

» buy facebook fan f8
Who have regret of getting the Kia Forte - Page 2 Empty3rd August 2011, 3:15 pm by Guest

» division
Who have regret of getting the Kia Forte - Page 2 Empty3rd August 2011, 11:43 am by Guest

RSS feeds

MSN 

Who have regret of getting the Kia Forte

+63
joepele
remes
K-Family
jimixer
tower7
yngwie
longbow
koayst
ahd0t
Kev_78
tish
add001
leo
Siaoster
lwlty
Blacks
ck7373
ace
nywa78
thaliamei
karabi
tiny
dubdew
FriesL
Pegasus
waypoint
Gute
astroboy28
impact2001
ctoh
lukester
Kiang
lawrenceke
Slow Ryder
andikong
balonglong_1979
shendoh
newsman
the wonder girls
rockstarforte
hapifrut
fonefun610
ong
luvxiaobeng
Juz@kid
Potatoes
Fortessimo
melburn
greatgazoo
hew
graysgerald79
bushi_do
kysoong
dandeana21
dinkodink
JuanST
zlement
chamot16
muff
keigo
Fortec
kapitan
jl1500k
67 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Who have regret of getting the Kia Forte - Page 2 Empty Re: Who have regret of getting the Kia Forte

Post by balonglong_1979 31st July 2009, 12:53 am

i think the EX is better. keep the 15" wheels for better pickup and FC.
when got more budget change.

spare $4k keep in your pocket, or mod other things like coilover, ECU etc. much more worth. the engine and drivetrain is same anyway.
interior can do up nicely urself.

balonglong_1979

Back to top Go down

Who have regret of getting the Kia Forte - Page 2 Empty Re: Who have regret of getting the Kia Forte

Post by andikong 31st July 2009, 12:57 am

kapitan wrote:
jl1500k wrote:
kapitan wrote:there is no comparison between Forte and Fit, different class of cars.....

Actually i'm not try do a comparision between forte and fit. I believe most of the lady prefer hatchback than sedan car. Somemore fit also look sporty to my wife.

Fit looks so dated...... the basic shape have not changed since it was first launched,.....

Yes Fit was first launch in yr 2002, I nearly bought one, but my wife don't like the short front. I landed buying a To...ta.
andikong
andikong

Back to top Go down

Post by Slow Ryder 31st July 2009, 1:01 am

No regret changing from Jap to Kia, value for money, handle n drive better than Altis, FC about the same.
Slow Ryder
Slow Ryder

Back to top Go down

Post by lawrenceke 31st July 2009, 9:20 am

i regret for not buying the 2.0L too! The price difference compared to purchasing the car now and in April is enough for me to mod my car swee swee and make pple drooling over my prized asset!
lawrenceke
lawrenceke

Back to top Go down

Post by kysoong 31st July 2009, 9:35 am

lol, maybe u will regret when the road tax payment advice for the 2.0l is here... Suspect
kysoong
kysoong

Back to top Go down

Post by lawrenceke 31st July 2009, 9:43 am

na... $$ can be earned back... but good car prices will never come back now.. wanna swop with yr 2.0L with my 1.6L with top up? hahaha
lawrenceke
lawrenceke

Back to top Go down

Post by kysoong 31st July 2009, 9:58 am

lol... but i m not regretting after the poison installed on my 2.0l... thumbsup

aiyoh, i tok u b going to JB with Kiang this week during his off days...
kysoong
kysoong

Back to top Go down

Post by lawrenceke 31st July 2009, 10:04 am

kysoong wrote:lol... but i m not regretting after the poison installed on my 2.0l... thumbsup

i working on weekdays leh.. only weekend free.. will be free on 1st Sep.. anyone can bring me over for a quick pump too? Twisted Evil
lawrenceke
lawrenceke

Back to top Go down

Post by kysoong 31st July 2009, 10:10 am

quick pump...*pengz* grin
kysoong
kysoong

Back to top Go down

Post by jl1500k 31st July 2009, 10:41 am

lawrenceke wrote:i regret for not buying the 2.0L too! The price difference compared to purchasing the car now and in April is enough for me to mod my car swee swee and make pple drooling over my prized asset!

After three years there will be a facelifts version. By the time forte may look more sporty then you can change to 2L if you want.
jl1500k
jl1500k

Back to top Go down

Post by lawrenceke 31st July 2009, 11:36 am

jl1500k wrote:
lawrenceke wrote:i regret for not buying the 2.0L too! The price difference compared to purchasing the car now and in April is enough for me to mod my car swee swee and make pple drooling over my prized asset!

After three years there will be a facelifts version. By the time forte may look more sporty then you can change to 2L if you want.

wait for 3 years for facelift? i am waiting for Koup.. faster.. Laughing
lawrenceke
lawrenceke

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiang 31st July 2009, 11:40 am

lawrenceke wrote:
kysoong wrote:lol... but i m not regretting after the poison installed on my 2.0l... thumbsup

i working on weekdays leh.. only weekend free.. will be free on 1st Sep.. anyone can bring me over for a quick pump too? Twisted Evil

hahaha bro .... bo bian ...

u like kysoong bro lor...
he take leave ma ...

y not u take MC whahhaahaha
Kiang
Kiang

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiang 31st July 2009, 11:41 am

i have no regrets buying this car

but regrets having CnC as their service centre...

face cheap service from them ....

headlight still fogs after 3 times changes n fcuk up paint touch up ...
Kiang
Kiang

Back to top Go down

Post by ong 31st July 2009, 11:45 am

i also never regret getting the car is only the service so called....
ong
ong

Back to top Go down

Post by lukester 31st July 2009, 11:47 am

i regret not buying earlier.

I only noticed forte one week before I decide to sign on the paper.

could saved alot of money.
lukester
lukester

Back to top Go down

Post by keigo 31st July 2009, 11:51 am

I regret looking at Fit/Jass too long and end up delay buying Forte..
keigo
keigo

Back to top Go down

Post by ctoh 31st July 2009, 11:54 am

Kiang wrote:i have no regrets buying this car

Complained about the fogging healights during 1k servicing. Mechanic said it is normal, just turn on the headlights to "evaporate" the condensation. My previous Toyota has no such problem.

I'm surprised they change 3 times for u. They tell different stories to different pple
ctoh
ctoh

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiang 31st July 2009, 11:57 am

ctoh wrote:
Kiang wrote:i have no regrets buying this car

Complained about the fogging healights during 1k servicing. Mechanic said it is normal, just turn on the headlights to "evaporate" the condensation. My previous Toyota has no such problem.

I'm surprised they change 3 times for u. They tell different stories to different pple

ya they told me this crap ....

but screw them saying y others dun fog but min fog even they change a new sets for me ....

now my 3rd sets still fog .. fog nvm but poor install workmanship.... my headlight got scratches too
Kiang
Kiang

Back to top Go down

Post by lawrenceke 31st July 2009, 11:59 am

Kiang wrote:
lawrenceke wrote:

he take leave ma ...

cannot take MC la.. i just joined this new job.. cannot anyhow take MC.. but i am free on Sep 2nd week.. can i book u bro to bring me to do bling blingz? Razz
lawrenceke
lawrenceke

Back to top Go down

Post by kysoong 31st July 2009, 12:02 pm

haha, m also thinking when to go in... still have to return Chuan the $ and his screwdriver and brush (which the guys left in my boot!)... Suspect
kysoong
kysoong

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiang 31st July 2009, 12:05 pm

kysoong wrote:haha, m also thinking when to go in... still have to return Chuan the $ and his screwdriver and brush (which the guys left in my boot!)... Suspect

hahaahahaha they give u so many free gifts ah...

later i going tampines ikea....

u wan pass me?
Kiang
Kiang

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiang 31st July 2009, 12:07 pm

lawrenceke wrote:
Kiang wrote:
lawrenceke wrote:

he take leave ma ...

cannot take MC la.. i just joined this new job.. cannot anyhow take MC.. but i am free on Sep 2nd week.. can i book u bro to bring me to do bling blingz? Razz

ahahaaha bro,

i am free anytime... but only on thurs n friday .... alt wednesday
Kiang
Kiang

Back to top Go down

Post by kysoong 31st July 2009, 12:07 pm

aiyoh, car with wife now le...
kysoong
kysoong

Back to top Go down

Post by lukester 31st July 2009, 12:19 pm

keigo wrote:I regret looking at Fit/Jass too long and end up delay buying Forte..

yah... i look at fit for 1 year wor...

its exactly 1 year later i buy forte.

but really wondered how come i am blinded by fit and never even noticed forte existence.

heng GF stop me say fit no kacheng, and looks **** with a high headroof which I agreed when i first saw the car ages ago.
lukester
lukester

Back to top Go down

Post by lawrenceke 31st July 2009, 12:25 pm

Actually Fit is a nice nice car.. if i got the extra moolah.. i will get Fit too. Good FC, sporty outlook, HONDA branding.. but Forte still wins it over its price and size.

So Forte FTW!!!
lawrenceke
lawrenceke

Back to top Go down

Post by keigo 31st July 2009, 12:26 pm

lukester wrote:
keigo wrote:I regret looking at Fit/Jass too long and end up delay buying Forte..

yah... i look at fit for 1 year wor...

its exactly 1 year later i buy forte.

but really wondered how come i am blinded by fit and never even noticed forte existence.

heng GF stop me say fit no kacheng, and looks **** with a high headroof which I agreed when i first saw the car ages ago.

Well that time I almost want to go for the moon roof fit one...Then I show it to my wife and she straight say... eeee so small... and then next day my fren told me come let go look at forte which he saw it in newspaper and when I first day step into lengkee and set eye on forte I place my order on that very day... Razz
keigo
keigo

Back to top Go down

Post by lukester 31st July 2009, 12:43 pm

nice, sounds similar to my decision making process.

i only check on sgcarmart for the pricing, never do much research cos my colleague already been looking at forte for a while already done for me..

till now, he still thinking...
lukester
lukester

Back to top Go down

Post by JuanST 31st July 2009, 1:32 pm

lol!
lukester wrote:nice, sounds similar to my decision making process.

i only check on sgcarmart for the pricing, never do much research cos my colleague already been looking at forte for a while already done for me..

till now, he still thinking...

like the thinking ..... thinking ..... thinking man in night at the museum 2 lol!
JuanST
JuanST

Back to top Go down

Post by jl1500k 31st July 2009, 2:06 pm

lawrenceke wrote:Actually Fit is a nice nice car.. if i got the extra moolah.. i will get Fit too. Good FC, sporty outlook, HONDA branding.. but Forte still wins it over its price and size.

So Forte FTW!!!

For prices and size Forte wins over. Honda Fit engine is more refine and quiet. Own has it pro and con. Decision is still up to individual. If forte auto also has 5 gears same as civic/fit/jazz then kia is only a small gap close to honda.
jl1500k
jl1500k

Back to top Go down

Post by lawrenceke 31st July 2009, 2:43 pm

jl1500k wrote:
lawrenceke wrote:Actually Fit is a nice nice car.. if i got the extra moolah.. i will get Fit too. Good FC, sporty outlook, HONDA branding.. but Forte still wins it over its price and size.

So Forte FTW!!!

For prices and size Forte wins over. Honda Fit engine is more refine and quiet. Own has it pro and con. Decision is still up to individual. If forte auto also has 5 gears same as civic/fit/jazz then kia is only a small gap close to honda.

too bad KIA currently boz.. but they have POWER to surprise.. Suspect
lawrenceke
lawrenceke

Back to top Go down

Post by impact2001 31st July 2009, 9:18 pm

Wah all pro forte not anti forte... I only regret not getting the koup.. Haha.. Me now only starting to get anti-C&C... Lousy.
impact2001
impact2001

Back to top Go down

Post by newsman 31st July 2009, 10:42 pm

Now KIA Forte.
Next change likely a KIA.
Hope the Korean maintain same pricing n quality in future thumbsup
newsman
newsman

Back to top Go down

Post by astroboy28 1st August 2009, 1:41 pm

ya.. mayb in e near future korean car will hav same sales as jap liao
astroboy28
astroboy28

Back to top Go down

Post by Gute 1st August 2009, 2:14 pm

I think it is a very nice and value for $$$ car. I suppose the long waiting time, and potentially bad after-sales services by the SE that really turn me off - hence..some elements of "regret". First my SE told me that mine would arrive in end Jul, and I was told yesterday that I have to wait for another 2 weeks with no confirmation. Next, my SE first told me that I dun have to take up insurance with CnC since I am not taking up another loan (paid extra $1.5K) and he would help me to secure a good insurance and promised to give me car matt...now that I told him that I want to find my own, he said that the car matt is gone 'cause that's the commission that he got to buy me the car matt....then come the car alarm that he throws in. He told me it is originated from Korea and no assemble locally (which I understand that it is no truth). I really feel like forgoing the deposit, pay CnC the COE secured on 22 Jul 09, and go find another car. sigh.....
Gute
Gute

Back to top Go down

Post by ong 1st August 2009, 2:32 pm

dont be rush ok
ong
ong

Back to top Go down

Post by waypoint 1st August 2009, 2:41 pm

I seriously think you have a case for C.A.S.E; mis-representation, empty promises, mis-information causing you to pay extra which was not necessary at all in addition to the whole purchase 'experience' which is what customer service is all about! What G.E.M.S; Go the Extra Mile for Service?! And how much moolah did the govt throw in for this 'initiative'? What a bloody waste of public funds!

Gute wrote:I think it is a very nice and value for $$$ car. I suppose the long waiting time, and potentially bad after-sales services by the SE that really turn me off - hence..some elements of "regret". First my SE told me that mine would arrive in end Jul, and I was told yesterday that I have to wait for another 2 weeks with no confirmation. Next, my SE first told me that I dun have to take up insurance with CnC since I am not taking up another loan (paid extra $1.5K) and he would help me to secure a good insurance and promised to give me car matt...now that I told him that I want to find my own, he said that the car matt is gone 'cause that's the commission that he got to buy me the car matt....then come the car alarm that he throws in. He told me it is originated from Korea and no assemble locally (which I understand that it is no truth). I really feel like forgoing the deposit, pay CnC the COE secured on 22 Jul 09, and go find another car. sigh.....
waypoint
waypoint

Back to top Go down

Post by Gute 1st August 2009, 2:45 pm

Bro, thanks. I thot so too- but I am a newbie and did not put the car matt, alarm in the contract. Furthermore, I really like the car and look forward to join the Cerato Forte communities. Now what I could do is to wait for the car to arrive...sighx2...otherwise what else could I do? Going to case would mean more time to spend and may also delay the collection of car.
Gute
Gute

Back to top Go down

Post by Pegasus 1st August 2009, 2:57 pm

Gute wrote:I think it is a very nice and value for $$$ car. I suppose the long waiting time, and potentially bad after-sales services by the SE that really turn me off - hence..some elements of "regret". First my SE told me that mine would arrive in end Jul, and I was told yesterday that I have to wait for another 2 weeks with no confirmation. Next, my SE first told me that I dun have to take up insurance with CnC since I am not taking up another loan (paid extra $1.5K) and he would help me to secure a good insurance and promised to give me car matt...now that I told him that I want to find my own, he said that the car matt is gone 'cause that's the commission that he got to buy me the car matt....then come the car alarm that he throws in. He told me it is originated from Korea and no assemble locally (which I understand that it is no truth). I really feel like forgoing the deposit, pay CnC the COE secured on 22 Jul 09, and go find another car. sigh.....

What Forte model/package are you getting?
What are the freebies (besides the alarm)?
Where you booked? LK or Ubi?

You already paid $1.5K on top of the list price, this much or less covers what the commision they miss out if you take in-house loan/insurrance.
Car mat how much only? think it's at most $60 and not 3M. His reply is simply laughable.
I presume you have not got your COE yet? Call up the sales manager & change SE. Told him you are not comfortable dealing with him. Do it early.

Pegasus

Back to top Go down

Post by Gute 2nd August 2009, 10:54 am

Bro Pegasus, thanks for the advice. I already gotten COE liao....$%^&*@#. Now just have to wait for the car to come...which he said first in end Jul, then early Aug...and now mid of Aug 09.

I have decided not to think anymore - its really kind of bad experience. Anyway, leanrt my lesson, and make sure that all to put in black and while in future.

Despite that, I really like the car ! For a period from Mar to May/Jun, I have tested drive Hyundnai Avante, Mazda 3, Honda 1.6, VW Jetta 1.4, Toyota Altis, Ceratos......almost all the 1.6L car and still find Cerato Forte the best in terms of value for $$$, road handling, the feel at brake, exterior design....... If you ask me in terms of good sale services, the sequence are: (1) VW (2) Mazda (3) Hyundai (4) Toyota (5) Honda. For Kia, I am not sure the experience that I have considered "good service rendered".. I believe that this is just an isloated case, and overall C & C still a realiable company. Anyway, thank you all (Pegasus, Waypoint and Ong) for the encouragment and support. I really look forward to meeting all of you in the near future. cheers.
Gute
Gute

Back to top Go down

Post by FriesL 10th August 2009, 12:33 am

hi, bro gute..

me another sheep like you.. car delivery from jun to july and now to august.. perhaps that happens when the car sells like hotcakes..
look at the bright side since you have gotten COE.. LL c&C will have to deliver the car.. but its the empty promise that piss off many..
i seriously believe if we go for a merc things may be very different.. even when they cannot deliver the car..

i seriously wonder why not komo** getting the AD, at least i am much happier with the sales there.. and they will be selling Ferrar* soon!.. haaa... just some nag...

cheers to all!

FriesL

Back to top Go down

Post by dubdew 10th August 2009, 1:31 am

I think it will be a good car...drooling on it always
dubdew
dubdew

Back to top Go down

Post by tiny 10th August 2009, 12:27 pm

I regret not getting the 2liter manual one when it was only 55k. The sunroof and the increased roadtax sort of turned me off.

tiny

Back to top Go down

Post by karabi 10th August 2009, 1:58 pm

I regret not passing my driving the previous time round. If not can get the forte much earlier...

Now have to wait till Sept/Oct for my forte... Crying or Very sad Hope I dun become giraffe. Very Happy
karabi
karabi

Back to top Go down

Post by thaliamei 10th August 2009, 6:04 pm

No regret. Only customer service has to be improved, and waiting time, waiting for car, waiting for bodykit...
thaliamei
thaliamei

Back to top Go down

Post by nywa78 10th August 2009, 6:32 pm

Cons:

Noisy engine sound
slow pick up
lousy CnC service
element of surprise (new problems)

Pros:
Value for $$$
headturner

Overall:

for those who bought for less than 50k, well worth the $$.

nywa78

Back to top Go down

Post by kapitan 10th August 2009, 10:48 pm

nywa78 wrote:Cons:

Noisy engine sound (Quite quiet actually, unless u have been driving a Lexus previously)

slow pick up (Step on the acceleartor more, forget about fuel consumption)

lousy CnC service (personally they are quite good, send reminders to me for servicing, response to your problems, even give you movie treats.)

element of surprise (new problems) (for me, no problems so far)

Pros:
Value for $$$
headturner

Overall:

for those who bought for less than 50k, well worth the $$.

Definitely damned worth what I had paid......
kapitan
kapitan

Back to top Go down

Post by dubdew 10th August 2009, 11:12 pm

UPz
dubdew
dubdew

Back to top Go down

Post by waypoint 10th August 2009, 11:31 pm

I think if anyone, anyone at all who regrets getting the Forte is ME! I truly, unreservedly and without a doubt regret getting the Forte too damned late! Twisted Evil
waypoint
waypoint

Back to top Go down

Post by dubdew 11th August 2009, 1:17 am

why waypoint?
dubdew
dubdew

Back to top Go down

Post by ace 11th August 2009, 1:25 am

I think it is the matter of $ when you booked versus those that booked earlier.

I'm too.....damned regret....

Should have taken the test drive in LK instead of Ubi....wasn't so impressed when I drove the EX in Ubi and so went around the other showrooms to look see and look see.....I think was in May or June...than matters of making a living overtook luxury and it has to wait.....

When I'm back looking into car showrooms....COE is up, Car price is UP.....bummer.. Evil or Very Mad

ace

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next