Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» assay
Who have regret of getting the Kia Forte - Page 3 Empty4th August 2011, 10:13 pm by Guest

» APP Leading Website Generator
Who have regret of getting the Kia Forte - Page 3 Empty4th August 2011, 11:47 am by Guest

» check-up
Who have regret of getting the Kia Forte - Page 3 Empty4th August 2011, 10:03 am by Guest

» Blu-ray to iPad Ripper lift Blu glimmer DVD movies quest of iPad
Who have regret of getting the Kia Forte - Page 3 Empty4th August 2011, 8:24 am by Guest

» ubiquitous
Who have regret of getting the Kia Forte - Page 3 Empty4th August 2011, 6:07 am by Guest

» South african indian dating. Nz internet dating.
Who have regret of getting the Kia Forte - Page 3 Empty3rd August 2011, 8:57 pm by Guest

» WHAT CREEPY IDEA ON YOUTUBE HASN'T ALREADY BEEN DONE YET?
Who have regret of getting the Kia Forte - Page 3 Empty3rd August 2011, 7:30 pm by Guest

» buy facebook fan f8
Who have regret of getting the Kia Forte - Page 3 Empty3rd August 2011, 3:15 pm by Guest

» division
Who have regret of getting the Kia Forte - Page 3 Empty3rd August 2011, 11:43 am by Guest

RSS feeds

MSN 

Who have regret of getting the Kia Forte

+63
joepele
remes
K-Family
jimixer
tower7
yngwie
longbow
koayst
ahd0t
Kev_78
tish
add001
leo
Siaoster
lwlty
Blacks
ck7373
ace
nywa78
thaliamei
karabi
tiny
dubdew
FriesL
Pegasus
waypoint
Gute
astroboy28
impact2001
ctoh
lukester
Kiang
lawrenceke
Slow Ryder
andikong
balonglong_1979
shendoh
newsman
the wonder girls
rockstarforte
hapifrut
fonefun610
ong
luvxiaobeng
Juz@kid
Potatoes
Fortessimo
melburn
greatgazoo
hew
graysgerald79
bushi_do
kysoong
dandeana21
dinkodink
JuanST
zlement
chamot16
muff
keigo
Fortec
kapitan
jl1500k
67 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Who have regret of getting the Kia Forte - Page 3 Empty Re: Who have regret of getting the Kia Forte

Post by waypoint 11th August 2009, 1:26 am

Oei! Bro Ace. You here already?! Very Happy
waypoint
waypoint

Back to top Go down

Who have regret of getting the Kia Forte - Page 3 Empty Re: Who have regret of getting the Kia Forte

Post by ck7373 11th August 2009, 1:34 am

A little regret not getting the 2.0lts for the sunroof and cruise control, but the road tax and FC compare to 1.6lts....heehee

A little regret in getting a lousy SE where i can choose a better one if i have joined this forum earlier....Sad

Overall a great car with resonable FC with its size....great features at my buying price ($47999).....handsome look with muscular body shape.......No Regrets in getting this car!!!!
ck7373
ck7373

Back to top Go down

Post by ace 11th August 2009, 1:36 am

waypoint wrote:Oei! Bro Ace. You here already?! Very Happy

Ya....you said here have Forte info mah.....so have to join loh.... Very Happy

ace

Back to top Go down

Post by dubdew 11th August 2009, 1:42 am

nice ride
dubdew
dubdew

Back to top Go down

Post by nywa78 11th August 2009, 9:01 am

kapitan wrote:
nywa78 wrote:Cons:

Noisy engine sound (Quite quiet actually, unless u have been driving a Lexus previously)slow pick up (Step on the acceleartor more, forget about fuel consumption)

lousy CnC service (personally they are quite good, send reminders to me for servicing, response to your problems, even give you movie treats.)
element of surprise (new problems) (for me, no problems so far)

Pros:
Value for $$$
headturner

Overall:

for those who bought for less than 50k, well worth the $$.

Definitely damned worth what I had paid......

haha bro u got it at such price of course no regrets thumbsup

I got it at less than 45K for a (M) SX, at this price where to find another car that's as good as forte Rolling Eyes

now really step harder when moving off lor.. but 1 real downside, the noise level still cannot compare to the various japs cars that i have driven before No (i never drive a lexus b4)

nywa78

Back to top Go down

Post by Blacks 11th August 2009, 11:57 pm

My only regret is not having enough $$$$$ to buy all the different colours.
Blacks
Blacks

Back to top Go down

Post by lwlty 12th August 2009, 1:19 am

jl1500k wrote:
hapifrut wrote:
jl1500k wrote:Kia ECO
hapifrut wrote:The only regret I have is no CNG catered for this car...

Next year Kia launch hybrid car (ECO)

Hybrid will be at least 15k or 20k more... With CNG, I can drive all the way to Melaka with less than $4.

Yes, but have to sacifice the boot space and carry additional 60-70kg of weight.

any member install CNG?

now i wait my car n feel to install CNG can save more when to Msia . now JB to KL easy fill CNG .

lwlty

Back to top Go down

Post by FriesL 12th August 2009, 2:14 am

fuel price goes north.. think many will want to install CNG.. haa... in boleh land its call NGV...

FriesL

Back to top Go down

Post by Siaoster 18th August 2009, 9:22 pm

thumbsup Thread moved to General Discussion Section
Siaoster
Siaoster

Back to top Go down

Post by lwlty 19th August 2009, 2:14 am

jl1500k wrote:
hapifrut wrote:
jl1500k wrote:Kia ECO
hapifrut wrote:The only regret I have is no CNG catered for this car...

Next year Kia launch hybrid car (ECO)

Hybrid will be at least 15k or 20k more... With CNG, I can drive all the way to Melaka with less than $4.

Yes, but have to sacifice the boot space and carry additional 60-70kg of weight.

any member install CNG? , i feel to install

lwlty

Back to top Go down

Post by leo 19th August 2009, 2:17 am

only regret is that i had to go through C&C to buy it!...wait damm long, get COE problem and now waiting till god knows when for the BK...but otherwise amvery happy with the car!

leo

Back to top Go down

Post by add001 20th August 2009, 4:07 pm

My only regret is not getting a white forte coz mine is black.
1.Easier to see bird poo & dust.
2.Black cat like to sleep on car roof. Somemore need to wake em up
3.Washing is tedious coz very scratch prone with swirl marks
add001
add001

Back to top Go down

Post by tish 20th August 2009, 5:11 pm

i regret not getting my forte earlier lol
tish
tish

Back to top Go down

Post by Siaoster 20th August 2009, 6:54 pm

add001 wrote:My only regret is not getting a white forte coz mine is black.

i tot white is more hard to maintain ?
u can check with tish haaa
Siaoster
Siaoster

Back to top Go down

Post by add001 20th August 2009, 7:59 pm

Siaoster wrote:

At least birdpoo harder to spot from far if white car mah. Birdpoo nowadays comes in different colors ie. white, yellow & green. Any other color, i tink they ate something wrong & laoSai lah
add001
add001

Back to top Go down

Post by astroboy28 20th August 2009, 8:48 pm

e only thing i dont like about forte is the damm long waiting time
astroboy28
astroboy28

Back to top Go down

Post by Kev_78 20th August 2009, 8:52 pm

astroboy28 wrote:e only thing i dont like about forte is the damm long waiting time

Agree with you bro. Not sure other brand have similar prob. Given a chance...will not go back to C&C to get car.

Kev_78

Back to top Go down

Post by astroboy28 20th August 2009, 8:56 pm

yup. before i bought a car i thought that authorised dealers should be better than parallel importers. but now i feel that CnC is much worse than PI
astroboy28
astroboy28

Back to top Go down

Post by jl1500k 20th August 2009, 9:33 pm

Too bad forte is too good to reject. So no matter how long we still buy and wait right! Twisted Evil
jl1500k
jl1500k

Back to top Go down

Post by ahd0t 20th August 2009, 9:35 pm

actually can't blame them too much.. true for some of them have bad after sales service.. but think they also want us to faster get car.. cause thats their commision isn't it?? we get car = they get commision
ahd0t
ahd0t

Back to top Go down

Post by astroboy28 20th August 2009, 10:14 pm

i dun really blame e SE but i feel the management should bring in large amount of forte when they launch the forte. especially when e order for forte was so large even it was nt launched yet.maybe they want to save up on the storage space then didnt bring in much. i think other model have to wait for so long.. months to get a car
astroboy28
astroboy28

Back to top Go down

Post by koayst 20th August 2009, 10:23 pm

Let's visit this "regret" thing 3 - 5 years later.

koayst

Back to top Go down

Post by longbow 20th August 2009, 10:26 pm

I abit regret not getting the manual version, haha young punks my age tend to crave for manual cars
longbow
longbow

Back to top Go down

Post by yngwie 20th August 2009, 10:51 pm

i traded in my 2 years old Saab to forte 1.6SX. Apart from the pickup issue, the overall comfort level i can say is, almost on par with my previous ride.

yngwie

Back to top Go down

Post by ck7373 20th August 2009, 11:11 pm

yngwie wrote:i traded in my 2 years old Saab to forte 1.6SX. Apart from the pickup issue, the overall comfort level i can say is, almost on par with my previous ride.

I am surprise an ex-saab owner commented that the forte is on par with a >$100k saab in terms of overall comfort.....forte rocks!!!
ck7373
ck7373

Back to top Go down

Post by lwlty 20th August 2009, 11:38 pm

Maybe the TURBO nt working SAAB became underpower!

lwlty

Back to top Go down

Post by tower7 21st August 2009, 12:18 am

No regret getting this Forte as it is value for $$$ although got some minor con but still acceptable for me.

Only regret to Kia that assign a wrong distributor that cannot deliver exceptional customer service over here.

tower7

Back to top Go down

Post by greatgazoo 21st August 2009, 12:28 am

I believe in Schreyer thumbsup
greatgazoo
greatgazoo

Back to top Go down

Post by dubdew 21st August 2009, 12:44 am

wah seh...serious arh
dubdew
dubdew

Back to top Go down

Post by jimixer 21st August 2009, 12:44 am

Regret #1: Pocket not deep enuff like some of the bro & sis here who doll their ride with so many poison!!! My ride is still so plain... Can only drool...

Regret #2: Bad driving skill cos My Precious to kenna injuries! Sad

Regret #3: Dun have the whole world time to spend with my Xiao Bai... Ha ha ha... Laughing

But seriously, I always admire other Fortes when I see them on the road... thumbsup
jimixer
jimixer

Back to top Go down

Post by astroboy28 21st August 2009, 12:47 am

all forte r nice even in stocks Smile
astroboy28
astroboy28

Back to top Go down

Post by K-Family 23rd August 2009, 3:51 pm

Really really regret buying this Forte.

So I want to get rid of it at $55K.

Anybody? Smile)

K-Family

Back to top Go down

Post by remes 23rd August 2009, 5:18 pm

K-Family wrote:Really really regret buying this Forte.

So I want to get rid of it at $55K.

Anybody? Smile)

i guess u r the one who is selling ur car at the sgcarmart? o.o why? 

remes

Back to top Go down

Post by FriesL 23rd August 2009, 11:46 pm

yngwie wrote:i traded in my 2 years old Saab to forte 1.6SX. Apart from the pickup issue, the overall comfort level i can say is, almost on par with my previous ride.

i am surprise seeing this too..
yngwie.. care to share which saab model and year.?
Really forte thumbsup

FriesL

Back to top Go down

Post by joepele 24th August 2009, 12:02 am

SAAB??

I thought it'll be worlds apart?
joepele
joepele

Back to top Go down

Post by ong 24th August 2009, 9:14 am

i still waiting and waiting for my ride that the one i regret if other brand of car i aready have my ride .....waiting time
ong
ong

Back to top Go down

Post by scorpey 24th August 2009, 11:31 am

Mine is 2L SX.. no regrets.. i feel that the problems highlighted so far only handful r serious and affect a small % of owners.. most problems are noise related and frankly i can live with it.. sometimes i give some of these "problem" topics a missed as they appear really minor to me.. and personally i feel some ppl hv high standards.. maybe only continental cars can fit their bills Razz

Conclusion, for wad i paid for.. i am happy so far.. stock condition is good already but if willing to spend a bit here n there.. the ride will be perfect for me Smile cheers~~
scorpey
scorpey

Back to top Go down

Post by scorpey 24th August 2009, 11:36 am

add001 wrote:
Siaoster wrote:

At least birdpoo harder to spot from far if white car mah. Birdpoo nowadays comes in different colors ie. white, yellow & green. Any other color, i tink they ate something wrong & laoSai lah

just to contribute.. my previous car is black.. now white.. felt that white is even harder to maintain compared to black... seriously consider parking in MSCP now Razz
scorpey
scorpey

Back to top Go down

Post by nothing 24th August 2009, 1:11 pm

scorpey wrote:Mine is 2L SX.. no regrets.. i feel that the problems highlighted so far only handful r serious and affect a small % of owners.. most problems are noise related and frankly i can live with it.. sometimes i give some of these "problem" topics a missed as they appear really minor to me.. and personally i feel some ppl hv high standards.. maybe only continental cars can fit their bills Razz

Conclusion, for wad i paid for.. i am happy so far.. stock condition is good already but if willing to spend a bit here n there.. the ride will be perfect for me Smile cheers~~

agreed....mostly minor problems and can be solved...I am happy with what I've paid and it's still a value for money pt.A to pt. B car...so expectations must be realistic...... thumbsup
nothing
nothing

Back to top Go down

Post by astroboy28 24th August 2009, 11:09 pm

i feel the same and feel that forte is much more better most of the sushi lor
astroboy28
astroboy28

Back to top Go down

Post by FriesL 25th August 2009, 12:27 am

actually nice feeling that to all.. but i think.. cars now a days.. just keeps getting better by model.. before long another launch will catch our attention again... just like Koup! anyone.. tested?
but for our kind of budget.. think Forte really worth better.. only concern is if all its materials could last tat long.. my current bolehcar really takboleh in materials department.

FriesL

Back to top Go down

Post by jimixer 25th August 2009, 1:32 am

jimixer wrote:Regret #1: Pocket not deep enuff like some of the bro & sis here who doll their ride with so many poison!!! My ride is still so plain... Can only drool...

Regret #2: Bad driving skill cos My Precious to kenna injuries! Sad

Regret #3: Dun have the whole world time to spend with my Xiao Bai... Ha ha ha... Laughing

But seriously, I always admire other Fortes when I see them on the road... thumbsup

Just thought of another Regret this morning...

Regret #4: Other than spending my time with my Forte, I am spending my time in this forum!!! eeek
jimixer
jimixer

Back to top Go down

Post by shiyre 25th August 2009, 1:59 am

I have lots of regrets getting a Forte.

Regret #1 - That C&C gave me the car too early. Despite waiting 3 months
Regret #2 - That 2 different idiots bang my car twice in 1st week.
Regret #3 - That I have driven a rental Mit Lancer longer than my Forte.
Regret #4 - That my less than one week old Forte is currently back at C&C for repairs.
Regret #5 - That my new car will never be new again.
Regret #6 - That I am now waiting again for my Forte. Only this time, there's no new car feel anymore.

shiyre

Back to top Go down

Post by fortecstatic 28th August 2009, 12:02 am

I think the fellow who started this thread is absolutely jealous of us Forte owners!!! Hahaha!

My regret is only that I did not buy it earlier when it was even cheaper (largely due to COE prices ramping up). My COE was in the 8K range.

Anyway, generally, when people are not familiar with Korean cars, their first statement when I tell them that I bought a Kia Forte is: "hah, why Korean? Not so good quality leh compared to Jap...like maybe Vios". They shutup after I physically SHOW them the car.
I just watch their eyes, and I can almost hear their thoughts like thinking secretly "wow! you mean that's a Korean make?" Of course, I just keep my mouth shut & watch their eyes, a while for dramatic effect.

Then, they will sure say something bad about Kia, like the parts will wear off faster etc...etc....then I just counter by saying "well, its real value for money, and I paid only XXk low price for it." or "with the $$ I save on the purchase, I can more than replace various parts a few times over". Then they really shutup for good....;-) Cause, by then, they will feel stupid for paying so much more just to feed their bankers oversized pay-checks.

I'm more than happy with my SX(A), great looks, great price, reasonable FC, little more than I can ask for...except maybe to win a Free car...hahaha!

fortecstatic

Back to top Go down

Post by dinkodink 28th August 2009, 12:27 am

no lah bro... if not wrong TS had already convinced his wife into buying Forte... booked liao... cheers ...
dinkodink
dinkodink

Back to top Go down

Post by jimixer 28th August 2009, 12:34 am

haha... fortecstatic, i encounter the same Forte Dramatic Effect too!

enjoying very bit of it! Laughing
jimixer
jimixer

Back to top Go down

Post by joepele 28th August 2009, 12:52 am

Can add another point....

My SE made me REGRET getting a FORTE!
joepele
joepele

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3