Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» assay
Engine Stall Empty4th August 2011, 10:13 pm by Guest

» APP Leading Website Generator
Engine Stall Empty4th August 2011, 11:47 am by Guest

» check-up
Engine Stall Empty4th August 2011, 10:03 am by Guest

» Blu-ray to iPad Ripper lift Blu glimmer DVD movies quest of iPad
Engine Stall Empty4th August 2011, 8:24 am by Guest

» ubiquitous
Engine Stall Empty4th August 2011, 6:07 am by Guest

» South african indian dating. Nz internet dating.
Engine Stall Empty3rd August 2011, 8:57 pm by Guest

» WHAT CREEPY IDEA ON YOUTUBE HASN'T ALREADY BEEN DONE YET?
Engine Stall Empty3rd August 2011, 7:30 pm by Guest

» buy facebook fan f8
Engine Stall Empty3rd August 2011, 3:15 pm by Guest

» division
Engine Stall Empty3rd August 2011, 11:43 am by Guest

RSS feeds

MSN 

Engine Stall

+8
muff
rockstarforte
Kiang
FriesL
Leonard
Juz@kid
Divine
saturnz^83
12 posters

Go down

Engine Stall Empty Engine Stall

Post by saturnz^83 26th July 2009, 2:29 am

Hi People

Just to check, for manual Forte, when engine is stalled, by right both radio and aircon will be off as well right? If so..for my case which happened today, i turned on the engine, den aircon..when i started to drive off, think i did not depress the accelerator much, my engine got stalled, but the aircon was still on..hmm..dat's not the way right? Den i quickly turned off the aircon and restarted it again..hmm..
saturnz^83
saturnz^83

Back to top Go down

Engine Stall Empty Re: Engine Stall

Post by Divine 26th July 2009, 2:37 am

??? y would ur radio and aircon be off when ur engine is stall? ur key still in on position rite?
Divine
Divine

Back to top Go down

Post by Juz@kid 26th July 2009, 6:38 am

u can even 'ON' ur air con b4 start ur engine but e key muz be at e 'start' position.... so its normal if ur engine stall n e air con is still 'ON'...
Juz@kid
Juz@kid

Back to top Go down

Post by Leonard 26th July 2009, 6:54 am

Juz@kid wrote:u can even 'ON' ur air con b4 start ur engine but e key muz be at e 'start' position.... so its normal if ur engine stall n e air con is still 'ON'...

agree wif him too . driving a manual too . when engine stall , radio will temp 'off' then resume back again . air con no diff , only 1-2 sec of aircon termination .
Leonard
Leonard

Back to top Go down

Post by saturnz^83 26th July 2009, 12:52 pm

Hmm..sorry ar..so just to double confirm again..if engine stall and aircon is in the "ON" mode..there will be no air coming out for abt 1-2 sec rite?
But mine there is..air still coming out despite the engine stalled. So it's normal rite?
saturnz^83
saturnz^83

Back to top Go down

Post by FriesL 26th July 2009, 9:47 pm

engine stall should have nothing to do with radio... all electrical driven component will function.. the temporary cutoff should be of the switching from engine alternator power direct to batt..
Radio should sure can be resume.
A/c blower (fan) should be running fine.. but its not cold air.. (if you continue to run for 5mins or so.. ) since compressor will not longer run.

FriesL

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiang 27th July 2009, 4:12 pm

i heard can do making the engine no stall,

dunno really or not
Kiang
Kiang

Back to top Go down

Post by rockstarforte 27th July 2009, 4:22 pm

hi bro Saturn,

its normal, me too driving manual. whn juzt collect, not use to the bitting point. Engine kind of stalled nw & then. But bro, i heard that its best if ur engine stalled, of the radio & a/c b4 restarting ur engine. Dunno thru or not.
rockstarforte
rockstarforte

Back to top Go down

Post by muff 2nd August 2009, 9:01 pm

rockstarforte wrote:hi bro Saturn,

its normal, me too driving manual. whn juzt collect, not use to the bitting point. Engine kind of stalled nw & then. But bro, i heard that its best if ur engine stalled, of the radio & a/c b4 restarting ur engine. Dunno thru or not.

I'm driving a manual Forte too.....after using it for more than 5 months and I'm still having problems feeling the bitting point too (think I also need to hear the engine)....on the avg engine stalled about 3-5 times a week so paiseh when need to re-start and everyone around noticed and started looking at the driver.. Embarassed

feel that the Forte clutch is not so user friendly (or was it me ?)......but will be looking out for new type of clutch for future replacement......anyone got lobang to share ?
muff
muff

Back to top Go down

Post by Fortec 2nd August 2009, 9:14 pm

I stall occasionally too maybe once or twice a week, nothing to worry about. It's part n parcel of driving manuals.

Or u can always rev it up and then release..Razz...ur clutch life will shorten but very hard to stall.
Fortec
Fortec

Back to top Go down

Post by muff 2nd August 2009, 10:51 pm

my engine stalled normally occurs when I'm moving off over a hump after stopping at carpark gantry and also during reverse parking (hard to sense biting point and also dun want to over rev and attract attention)........but never at traffic light so far coz our forte need to rev up more to move off.... Very Happy
muff
muff

Back to top Go down

Post by jl1500k 2nd August 2009, 10:58 pm

Forte also need to rev up more when stop at steep up slope at some shopping centre while waiting to clear car park gantry. Sometimes no need to afraid to rev up more just let pp know that forte also got Turbo inside. Twisted Evil
jl1500k
jl1500k

Back to top Go down

Post by andikong 2nd August 2009, 11:44 pm

muff wrote:my engine stalled normally occurs when I'm moving off over a hump after stopping at carpark gantry and also during reverse parking (hard to sense biting point and also dun want to over rev and attract attention)........but never at traffic light so far coz our forte need to rev up more to move off.... Very Happy

Muff, Its not normal for you car to stall in such condition, please check you RPM settings should be in the range of 7000 to 8000 RPM
when idling. So when you on the air-con the RPM will drop slightly lower, if below 5000 it will jerk and stall. It is a matter of tunning
up you engine RPM. I don't experience any stall engine in my pass manual ride except during raining day when the weather is cold.
If you experience any pinking sound when going up slop or car park in low gear, change to a higher grade of petrol, it helps.
andikong
andikong

Back to top Go down

Post by rockstarforte 3rd August 2009, 12:46 am

muff wrote:my engine stalled normally occurs when I'm moving off over a hump after stopping at carpark gantry and also during reverse parking (hard to sense biting point and also dun want to over rev and attract attention)........but never at traffic light so far coz our forte need to rev up more to move off.... Very Happy

Same here, i always stalled at custom wher thers hump. Passport checked,collected engine stalled. Wah!! paiseh sia infrnt of the ICA officer (lady somemore) Embarassed
rockstarforte
rockstarforte

Back to top Go down

Post by chengwei 3rd August 2009, 12:49 am

andikong wrote:

Muff, Its not normal for you car to stall in such condition, please check you RPM settings should be in the range of 7000 to 8000 RPM
when idling. So when you on the air-con the RPM will drop slightly lower, if below 5000 it will jerk and stall. It is a matter of tunning
up you engine RPM. I don't experience any stall engine in my pass manual ride except during raining day when the weather is cold.
If you experience any pinking sound when going up slop or car park in low gear, change to a higher grade of petrol, it helps.

wah 7000 or 8000rpm...
can fly liao la Surprised

haha.
just j/king.
chengwei
chengwei

Back to top Go down

Post by Fortec 3rd August 2009, 2:51 am

7000-8000 rpm at idling?? @_@...Haven't open throttle already redline liao.
Fortec
Fortec

Back to top Go down

Post by andikong 3rd August 2009, 3:16 am

Fortec wrote:7000-8000 rpm at idling?? @_@...Haven't open throttle already redline liao.

Sorry Should be in terms of hundred and not the thousand!
andikong
andikong

Back to top Go down

Post by Juz@kid 3rd August 2009, 4:45 am

rockstarforte wrote:hi bro Saturn,

if ur car engine stall, its good to switch OFF ur radio n air con first b4 restarting ur car engine again.

its oso good practise if u switch OFF ur radio n air con first b4 u switch OFF ur engine to park e car.
Juz@kid
Juz@kid

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down