Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» assay
Service Center - Page 2 Empty4th August 2011, 10:13 pm by Guest

» APP Leading Website Generator
Service Center - Page 2 Empty4th August 2011, 11:47 am by Guest

» check-up
Service Center - Page 2 Empty4th August 2011, 10:03 am by Guest

» Blu-ray to iPad Ripper lift Blu glimmer DVD movies quest of iPad
Service Center - Page 2 Empty4th August 2011, 8:24 am by Guest

» ubiquitous
Service Center - Page 2 Empty4th August 2011, 6:07 am by Guest

» South african indian dating. Nz internet dating.
Service Center - Page 2 Empty3rd August 2011, 8:57 pm by Guest

» WHAT CREEPY IDEA ON YOUTUBE HASN'T ALREADY BEEN DONE YET?
Service Center - Page 2 Empty3rd August 2011, 7:30 pm by Guest

» buy facebook fan f8
Service Center - Page 2 Empty3rd August 2011, 3:15 pm by Guest

» division
Service Center - Page 2 Empty3rd August 2011, 11:43 am by Guest

RSS feeds

MSN 

Service Center

+19
vanilor
cboonh
nothing
greatgazoo
Cypher
lawrenceke
dandeana21
kapitan
nocash
Pegasus
newsman
r11s
Real.SHIN
impact2001
Fortessimo
Juz@kid
tish
luvxiaobeng
Fortec
23 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Service Center - Page 2 Empty Re: Service Center

Post by luvxiaobeng 14th April 2009, 12:21 pm

Thomson.... Coz the review for Leng Kee and Pandan all very very bad.... so don't dare to go.... I post in problem topic a few days ago sayin about my hubby sudden brakin... cozin the fuel average to shot up alot... below are the problems I told them to rectify...
1. fuel gauge
2. Brake (my brake got cracking sound)
3. My alarm trip....
4. wif handbrake on on slope still will roll back
luvxiaobeng
luvxiaobeng

Back to top Go down

Post by lawrenceke 14th April 2009, 12:59 pm

luvxiaobeng wrote:Thomson.... Coz the review for Leng Kee and Pandan all very very bad.... so don't dare to go.... I post in problem topic a few days ago sayin about my hubby sudden brakin... cozin the fuel average to shot up alot... below are the problems I told them to rectify...
1. fuel gauge
3. My alarm trip....

So your forte now so far so good? Are the problems reticified? Rolling Eyes
lawrenceke
lawrenceke

Back to top Go down

Post by dandeana21 14th April 2009, 1:20 pm

so far, i dun see any stains on my car after servicing @ the LengKee side leh.. ** sweat **
dandeana21
dandeana21

Back to top Go down

Post by lawrenceke 14th April 2009, 1:25 pm

dandeana21 wrote:so far, i dun see any stains on my car after servicing @ the LengKee side leh.. ** sweat **

U r one heng forte driver.. Laughing
lawrenceke
lawrenceke

Back to top Go down

Post by nocash 14th April 2009, 1:28 pm

dandeana21 wrote:so far, i dun see any stains on my car after servicing @ the LengKee side leh.. ** sweat **

Did they paste FORTE emblem for you?
nocash
nocash

Back to top Go down

Post by dandeana21 14th April 2009, 1:47 pm

nocash wrote:

Did they paste FORTE emblem for you?

ah? on where leh? i hv the word forte at the back of the car when i first collected my car.. unless still got another place on the car tt doesn't hv the word? Shocked
dandeana21
dandeana21

Back to top Go down

Post by luvxiaobeng 14th April 2009, 2:08 pm

lawrenceke wrote:
luvxiaobeng wrote:Thomson.... Coz the review for Leng Kee and Pandan all very very bad.... so don't dare to go.... I post in problem topic a few days ago sayin about my hubby sudden brakin... cozin the fuel average to shot up alot... below are the problems I told them to rectify...
1. fuel gauge
3. My alarm trip....

So your forte now so far so good? Are the problems reticified? Rolling Eyes

Ya... So far So good.... hehe...
luvxiaobeng
luvxiaobeng

Back to top Go down

Post by Fortec 14th April 2009, 3:40 pm

Did you ask the techs what causes the brake cracking sound?

Btw, I read alot of posts on "thud" sounds when the forte is going over humps, have u experience that before?
Fortec
Fortec

Back to top Go down

Post by luvxiaobeng 14th April 2009, 4:04 pm

the brake cracking sound is still there but not as loud already... The Thud sound when going over hump do occur to me but tat is when the hump is very high.... If not, no such problem...When you collecting your car
luvxiaobeng
luvxiaobeng

Back to top Go down

Post by luvxiaobeng 14th April 2009, 4:20 pm

Hey guy just for your info... for 1K is free labour but still have to pay for mineral oil etc... I paid 51 ++ yesterday ya....
luvxiaobeng
luvxiaobeng

Back to top Go down

Post by impact2001 14th April 2009, 11:06 pm

not sure can bring my own engine oil down or not after 5k... I hear some c&c center allowed, some don't..
impact2001
impact2001

Back to top Go down

Post by impact2001 14th April 2009, 11:09 pm

tish wrote:correction correction!!! lol!

tish wrote:Open up ur old hard disk? Heheh!!

I think any good magnet will also do. But the manual didnt state this extra job. U dont really have to go thru the trouble to do that. Just a preference. For me I will.

However i would like to correct that stick the magnet on the oil filter not in the oil filter. Sorry. Laughing

Be careful when doing that guys... Think twice when you remove that magnet, all the metal fillings/particles will drop back to the engine especially it had become quite a big lump... haha
impact2001
impact2001

Back to top Go down

Post by greatgazoo 15th April 2009, 1:04 am

Guys, what do you all do during the long hour servicing ?
greatgazoo
greatgazoo

Back to top Go down

Post by Juz@kid 15th April 2009, 3:37 am

bro,, diz is wat im gonna do.. (if possible la)

1. stay der n eagle eye on e mechs - hopefully wif u ard, they dun mess up
2. take some pics - apply some pressure on e mechs n hopefully act as a back up in case ur car came out wif unwanted things
3. play psp - if not sianz sia waiting der

so far dats my planing la lol!
Juz@kid
Juz@kid

Back to top Go down

Post by kapitan 15th April 2009, 8:48 am

How long do you had to wait??? I bring laptop with mobile bb and surf and maybe give a live update on the going on in the service centre ...... "kapitan, reporting live from xxxxx service centre for ceratoforte.forumotion.com".......
kapitan
kapitan

Back to top Go down

Post by nothing 15th April 2009, 9:14 am

No worry, just go for 1k n 5k servicing, after that can source from outside...rule of thumb...if u didn't mod that particular area that u need to claim warranty, they have to do it....based on my previous history with KMC, only serviced 1k n 5k at KMC wkshop and never went back...on the 2nd yr, steering column got problem, went back to claim, wkshop said how come no service records, likely cannot claim. I told him off and asked to see the service manager, explained the situation to him, what does servicing outside (simple tasks of changing oils, filter, etc) have to do with the steering column? In the end, they changed a brand new steering column for me...
Basically this warranty period is to lock customers in and entice them that if they don't go back to AD, warranty will be void, that's bull.....warranty is void provided you mod that particular parts.
nothing
nothing

Back to top Go down

Post by Fortec 15th April 2009, 9:55 am

agreed.
Fortec
Fortec

Back to top Go down

Post by dandeana21 15th April 2009, 10:37 am

greatgazoo wrote:Guys, what do you all do during the long hour servicing ?

the servicing time tt i juz went on Monday.. nearly rotted there @ Leng Kee.. but got some things tt u can do.. clown Shocked
1) surf the net using the built-in pc near to the service counter Razz
2) go makan at the cafeteria on 2nd floor (auntie's cooking not bad leh.. i like the kopi-o, thick enuf) What a Face
3) walk ard and beo all the cars on display Twisted Evil
4) read the magazines and papers provided jocolor (the magazines r a bit CMI)..
5) walk ard the fast lanes area and stare @ the mechs.. Twisted Evil
6) go to the nearby Dawson Place (abt 10 mins walk from the showroom, turn left when u walk out of the showroom door) - there got NTUC and some other small shops.. farao
7) otherwise turn right and go towards Redhill MRT and prob u can find other shops? sunny

8) if not, juz sit on their sofa and sleep or play PSP, DS or iPhone (any gadget tt u hv to occupy ur time)... What a Face
9) take a bus to IKEA which is abt 10 mins away bah... pirat
dandeana21
dandeana21

Back to top Go down

Post by cboonh 15th April 2009, 10:59 am

nothing wrote:No worry, just go for 1k n 5k servicing, after that can source from outside...rule of thumb...if u didn't mod that particular area that u need to claim warranty, they have to do it....based on my previous history with KMC, only serviced 1k n 5k at KMC wkshop and never went back...on the 2nd yr, steering column got problem, went back to claim, wkshop said how come no service records, likely cannot claim. I told him off and asked to see the service manager, explained the situation to him, what does servicing outside (simple tasks of changing oils, filter, etc) have to do with the steering column? In the end, they changed a brand new steering column for me...
Basically this warranty period is to lock customers in and entice them that if they don't go back to AD, warranty will be void, that's bull.....warranty is void provided you mod that particular parts.

I agree man! There was once I was chatting with a group of friends about changing air filter. One of my female friend says that her sales exec told her that changing any parts of the vehicle, even air filter will totally VOID your vehicle warranty. And to my surprise, some of them actually agreed with her! Quite stunning the kind of fears that the sales person was able to plant in their minds... :O Maybe if you change the ENGINE then warranty void lah, but air filter is such a simple task. :/
cboonh
cboonh

Back to top Go down

Post by Fortec 15th April 2009, 11:35 am

Can always switch the stock air filter back mah...

As long nothing major is done to the engine or suspension, should be ok.
Fortec
Fortec

Back to top Go down

Post by cboonh 15th April 2009, 11:38 am

Yeap, simple task like changing air filter wun void your warranty. It's is a very common upgrade. Hmmm... Unless you use popiah paper for air filter. hahaha.
cboonh
cboonh

Back to top Go down

Post by nothing 15th April 2009, 11:50 am

cboonh wrote:
nothing wrote:No worry, just go for 1k n 5k servicing, after that can source from outside...rule of thumb...if u didn't mod that particular area that u need to claim warranty, they have to do it....based on my previous history with KMC, only serviced 1k n 5k at KMC wkshop and never went back...on the 2nd yr, steering column got problem, went back to claim, wkshop said how come no service records, likely cannot claim. I told him off and asked to see the service manager, explained the situation to him, what does servicing outside (simple tasks of changing oils, filter, etc) have to do with the steering column? In the end, they changed a brand new steering column for me...

I agree man! There was once I was chatting with a group of friends about changing air filter. One of my female friend says that her sales exec told her that changing any parts of the vehicle, even air filter will totally VOID your vehicle warranty. And to my surprise, some of them actually agreed with her! Quite stunning the kind of fears that the sales person was able to plant in their minds... :O Maybe if you change the ENGINE then warranty void lah, but air filter is such a simple task. :/

SE always want to instill the fear of warranty void as this is a very profitable source of income for AD. Imagine those who went for the BM 5 yrs warranty package.... affraid
nothing
nothing

Back to top Go down

Post by luvxiaobeng 15th April 2009, 12:13 pm

Ya... True... So anyone has recommandation of GOOD Service centre outside C&C???
luvxiaobeng
luvxiaobeng

Back to top Go down

Post by tish 16th April 2009, 10:48 am

ift thats the case like nothing said, after 1/5k i out source le, any car mech change oil also cheap
tish
tish

Back to top Go down

Post by kapitan 21st April 2009, 11:48 am

I was reminded that there is this thread here.....

Ok, just a short update....

Called up the central booking number yesterday to make a booking for 1k servicing. Service person at end of line asked where I would like to send my car to, I was undecided, .... he asked where I am located, so he suggested Leng Kee as it would be nearest to me. I asked about Ubi, he said, I would have to call Ubi center at another number. So, if you look into the website which said central booking telephone number, that is crap.... made a booking for 0930, and was told that there is free shuttle service to Queenstown, that's cool, I could definitely use that.

Ok, arrive at Leng Kee at 0910 this morning, waited for 5 minutes to line up car, service man came to me, write down particulars and gave me a yellow slip. Asked if I wanted to wait, which will be a three hours wait, I said I will leave the car with them and maybe collect at 5plus after work. Strange thing is there is no visual check conducted in your presence on the exterior body before they take over. In other service centres, this is normally done and recorded (specifying dents etc) to prevent claims at a later date. I will definitely do a thorough visual inspection on exterior before I sign on the line when collecting.

After car was sign off to them, I went into the showroom and was directed to the main lobby to wait for transport. Times of transport to Queenstown MRT are, 0930 and 1000 hours. There is also shuttle from Queenstown to Service Centre at 1700 and 1730 hours.

Will update again after collection, which I think I will do at 1400 hours.
kapitan
kapitan

Back to top Go down

Post by luvxiaobeng 21st April 2009, 11:58 am

Hey Kapitan, I think you betta call them up and tell them you will be collectin your car at 1pm instead of 5pm... becoz the other time I send my to Thomson like you around 9 plus. the told me tat my car will be ready in 3 hrs but I told them I will be collectin @ 4pm, They told me they will call me once it's ready for collection, and I only receive that call around 3 plus.... Ermm.... I was thinking maybe I've told them I will be collectin at 4 so they push back in servicin my car while doing other who r waiting (my personal opinion) so I think it's betta for you to drop them a call first before you proceed down...
luvxiaobeng
luvxiaobeng

Back to top Go down

Post by tish 21st April 2009, 12:00 pm

hmm.. in opinion, u should ask/remind him to do a visual check?
tish
tish

Back to top Go down

Post by tish 21st April 2009, 12:01 pm

luvxiaobeng wrote:Hey Kapitan, I think you betta call them up and tell them you will be collectin your car at 1pm instead of 5pm... becoz the other time I send my to Thomson like you around 9 plus. the told me tat my car will be ready in 3 hrs but I told them I will be collectin @ 4pm, They told me they will call me once it's ready for collection, and I only receive that call around 3 plus.... Ermm.... I was thinking maybe I've told them I will be collectin at 4 so they push back in servicin my car while doing other who r waiting (my personal opinion) so I think it's betta for you to drop them a call first before you proceed down...

kai su method but always useful, i also sometime do that hehehe lol! lol!
tish
tish

Back to top Go down

Post by Juz@kid 21st April 2009, 12:01 pm

oh no... a big car company with reputation did not do e usual visual check together wif e driver b4 taking over e keys... jai lat.. i tink e mechs at e service centre r taking thing for granted..
Juz@kid
Juz@kid

Back to top Go down

Post by vanilor 21st April 2009, 12:01 pm

sama sama..i also forgot to get the to check the exterior carefully when i went for my 1k..remember to tell them not to wash yr car!

vanilor

Back to top Go down

Post by tish 21st April 2009, 12:04 pm

is there a feedback form or complain form??? could come useful Twisted Evil
tish
tish

Back to top Go down

Post by luvxiaobeng 21st April 2009, 12:06 pm

tish wrote:is there a feedback form or complain form??? could come useful Twisted Evil

Yes... there is... about 3 weeks after you collect your car should receive liao...
luvxiaobeng
luvxiaobeng

Back to top Go down

Post by kapitan 21st April 2009, 12:08 pm

luvxiaobeng wrote:Hey Kapitan, I think you betta call them up and tell them you will be collectin your car at 1pm instead of 5pm... becoz the other time I send my to Thomson like you around 9 plus. the told me tat my car will be ready in 3 hrs but I told them I will be collectin @ 4pm, They told me they will call me once it's ready for collection, and I only receive that call around 3 plus.... Ermm.... I was thinking maybe I've told them I will be collectin at 4 so they push back in servicin my car while doing other who r waiting (my personal opinion) so I think it's betta for you to drop them a call first before you proceed down...

No problem lah, not that I am in hurry, if they call me to tell me car ready at 1300 hours, I will go, if not then I wait... I am sitting in office anyway, its company's time.... and I walk in and out of office with no one to report to, flexible for us....

tish wrote:hmm.. in opinion, u should ask/remind him to do a visual check?

Why should I remind.... they should know better. As it is not recorded, if there are any defect after I collect, then it would be put down on paper. I could then claim......... well, I am good at claims, I was insurance claims manager in a previous company...

vanilor wrote:sama sama..i also forgot to get the to check the exterior carefully when i went for my 1k..remember to tell them not to wash yr car!

Car already in, if they was, they wash... no big deal as long as no damages.... if any, then see above...
kapitan
kapitan

Back to top Go down

Post by tish 21st April 2009, 12:08 pm

ok, then must photocopy alot of copy n give everyone 1 Very Happy
tish
tish

Back to top Go down

Post by Juz@kid 21st April 2009, 12:29 pm

wat a relieve.. at least we got one claim advisor now cheers
Juz@kid
Juz@kid

Back to top Go down

Post by kapitan 21st April 2009, 12:34 pm

1130 hours, just received a call and was told that the car is ready for collection.....

See, relax guys... stay in the office, surf internet, do some work and don't worry, be happy, all will turn out fine....
kapitan
kapitan

Back to top Go down

Post by Juz@kid 21st April 2009, 1:01 pm

foooo.... dat was express service ballz... less than 3hrs, car ready What a Face
Juz@kid
Juz@kid

Back to top Go down

Post by luvxiaobeng 21st April 2009, 1:26 pm

kapitan wrote:1130 hours, just received a call and was told that the car is ready for collection.....

See, relax guys... stay in the office, surf internet, do some work and don't worry, be happy, all will turn out fine....

Wah... So fast ar.... Is there a long Q when you r there today? If not I think your car imuz be in tip top condition so very fast ya....
luvxiaobeng
luvxiaobeng

Back to top Go down

Post by Juz@kid 21st April 2009, 1:43 pm

may not be dat much ppl send their car for servicing datz y car ready in a zippy...
Juz@kid
Juz@kid

Back to top Go down

Post by nothing 21st April 2009, 2:25 pm

must never let them wash yr car, it will only enhance on the swirl and fine scratch marks.....
nothing
nothing

Back to top Go down

Post by kapitan 21st April 2009, 2:29 pm

nothing wrote:must never let them wash yr car, it will only enhance on the swirl and fine scratch marks.....

Done...collected, nothing wrong....

Its only a car, fine scratch and swirl marks will be there sooner or later..... I will not worry about it....

I tell you, if you worry so much, it would be worst when you get your first dent, maybe from some car park next to you when they open their door... .. I have owned and driven enough of cars to be worrying over small matters, there are bigger things in life.

Very Happy Smile
kapitan
kapitan

Back to top Go down

Post by Juz@kid 21st April 2009, 2:30 pm

still waiting for bro kapi service update..... bounce
Juz@kid
Juz@kid

Back to top Go down

Post by kapitan 21st April 2009, 2:33 pm

Juz@kid wrote:still waiting for bro kapi service update..... bounce

Oh,..... for 1k service, safety checks are done, and change of lub oil, mineral..... cost $51 plus a few cents. They apprantly wash the car, saw remnants of water on top of bumper below boot lid, normal, opened and wipe it dry... looks like clean water... no dirty stain on cloth... car is in cleaner condition then when I drove in.

Next service at 6k or 3 months, whichever is earlier.
kapitan
kapitan

Back to top Go down

Post by Juz@kid 21st April 2009, 2:34 pm

waaa...so fast reply... anyway its good to hear ur feedback n its a relieve dat everything went smoothly..
Juz@kid
Juz@kid

Back to top Go down

Post by Juz@kid 21st April 2009, 2:37 pm

so bro kapi,,, did u ask happen bout e knocking sound dat other went thru...
Juz@kid
Juz@kid

Back to top Go down

Post by kapitan 21st April 2009, 2:38 pm

Juz@kid wrote:so bro kapi,,, did u ask happen bout e knocking sound dat other went thru...

No, I forgot, but I did not experience any knocking sound...,....
kapitan
kapitan

Back to top Go down

Post by Juz@kid 21st April 2009, 2:48 pm

thankz for e update,,, bro kapi..
Juz@kid
Juz@kid

Back to top Go down

Post by tish 21st April 2009, 3:19 pm

thanks for the update.....
tish
tish

Back to top Go down

Post by nothing 22nd April 2009, 2:19 pm

kapitan wrote:
nothing wrote:must never let them wash yr car, it will only enhance on the swirl and fine scratch marks.....

Its only a car, fine scratch and swirl marks will be there sooner or later..... I will not worry about it....

I tell you, if you worry so much, it would be worst when you get your first dent, maybe from some car park next to you when they open their door... .. I have owned and driven enough of cars to be worrying over small matters, there are bigger things in life.

Very Happy Smile

paiseh..maybe I have never driven enough cars and tends to worry abt all this.. 8)
nothing
nothing

Back to top Go down

Post by dandeana21 22nd April 2009, 2:24 pm

nothing wrote:
kapitan wrote:

Very Happy Smile

paiseh..maybe I have never driven enough cars and tends to worry abt all this.. 8)

hiak hiak hiak... actually for every dent, scratches on the car adds a character to ur ride. Although too many of it shows the kind of driver u are.. What a Face
dandeana21
dandeana21

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next