Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» assay
IMPORTANT: Take note of your windscreen! Cases of cracked Windscreen reported. - Page 4 Empty4th August 2011, 10:13 pm by Guest

» APP Leading Website Generator
IMPORTANT: Take note of your windscreen! Cases of cracked Windscreen reported. - Page 4 Empty4th August 2011, 11:47 am by Guest

» check-up
IMPORTANT: Take note of your windscreen! Cases of cracked Windscreen reported. - Page 4 Empty4th August 2011, 10:03 am by Guest

» Blu-ray to iPad Ripper lift Blu glimmer DVD movies quest of iPad
IMPORTANT: Take note of your windscreen! Cases of cracked Windscreen reported. - Page 4 Empty4th August 2011, 8:24 am by Guest

» ubiquitous
IMPORTANT: Take note of your windscreen! Cases of cracked Windscreen reported. - Page 4 Empty4th August 2011, 6:07 am by Guest

» South african indian dating. Nz internet dating.
IMPORTANT: Take note of your windscreen! Cases of cracked Windscreen reported. - Page 4 Empty3rd August 2011, 8:57 pm by Guest

» WHAT CREEPY IDEA ON YOUTUBE HASN'T ALREADY BEEN DONE YET?
IMPORTANT: Take note of your windscreen! Cases of cracked Windscreen reported. - Page 4 Empty3rd August 2011, 7:30 pm by Guest

» buy facebook fan f8
IMPORTANT: Take note of your windscreen! Cases of cracked Windscreen reported. - Page 4 Empty3rd August 2011, 3:15 pm by Guest

» division
IMPORTANT: Take note of your windscreen! Cases of cracked Windscreen reported. - Page 4 Empty3rd August 2011, 11:43 am by Guest

RSS feeds

MSN 

IMPORTANT: Take note of your windscreen! Cases of cracked Windscreen reported.

+149
hikaru
lwlty
babyt
livercat
armstrong
earthtrodder
hanxiang87
Forte2010
IPOH FORTE
Helix
gackthoe
shin365
epin
hsjose
Patklee
EvoForte
ginn
aliensix
hocksz
superkam
dEXTER C
aswalkersg
Kiang
genexis
tarepanda_lyh
chillout
fortetobe
GnoMisH
cboonh
cpt_zr
genevievepearly
Stefano
KIA1234
vinfang
KingJerry
oceandrives
VAG
hong5333
Siaoster
tiny
nightfever
stalejive
xianren
KenOrCannot
joepele
Blacks
Zeed
lordhawk
jl1500k
lufu
CuteDaDa
ck7373
arkaraka
ctoh
rockstarforte
Potatoes
astroboy28
ong
Elixir99
wkc
Flywheel
czhihong
kevinhwc
ace
miko komi
daniu82
nsr182
Hello Kitty
RCForte
zhuzhumao
malcolmlew
sunnyboy
KIAFAN
FORTE21
zujzuj
cnxeon
patsy
JuanST
ano57
mh3400
Shaq
KiaSG
aural
ahben
TVaddict
chamot16
taychua
dc
andikong
stev85x
notsogoodman
forte118
van
Fransge
duncton
pessimizt
junming
lukester
pbeyondp
the wonder girls
liplip
Tristanity
K-Family
jackohy
kysoong
Kaisu7165
FriesL
Leonard
Terrier
kenincf
NightAngler
shah
scorpey
newsman
limpreza
sporeboy
lawrenceke
BluRz
mwerkz
Cypher
dipstick
turbo4ev
Divine
Duser
kapitan
leo
dreamzzlandz
Juz@kid
charnfai30
impact2001
luvxiaobeng
wrathofheavennn
tish
ozzie75
ForKia
nothing
eraser
graysgerald79
dandeana21
Fortec
The Blue Cruiser
greatgazoo
muff
melburn
zlement
Redbean
nocash
keigo
Fortessimo
153 posters

Page 4 of 17 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10 ... 17  Next

Go down

IMPORTANT: Take note of your windscreen! Cases of cracked Windscreen reported. - Page 4 Empty Re: IMPORTANT: Take note of your windscreen! Cases of cracked Windscreen reported.

Post by Tristanity 12th July 2009, 4:37 pm

i only had a case of one fine stone hit my windscreen. now there is a scratch.

Tristanity

Back to top Go down

IMPORTANT: Take note of your windscreen! Cases of cracked Windscreen reported. - Page 4 Empty Re: IMPORTANT: Take note of your windscreen! Cases of cracked Windscreen reported.

Post by liplip 15th July 2009, 6:42 pm

Mine self-destructed today or yesterday... collected 3.5 mths then happened...

Who reimburses you the solar film monies? Mine done in JB some more... duno can claim?

liplip

Back to top Go down

Post by dipstick 15th July 2009, 11:04 pm

Update 15th July 2009............

SDW Club
Registry of Members:

1. Fortessimo
2. Charnfai30 (uncle's Forte)
3. Divine
4. nothing
5. newsman
6. Shah
7. Nightangler
8. Kaisu7165
9. K-family
10. liplip

dipstick

Back to top Go down

Post by the wonder girls 21st July 2009, 6:35 pm

The windscreen on my forte crack yesterday. I bought it on 29 May and lasted less than 2 mths. Its going to be replaced FOC. Only takes one day to replace.
the wonder girls
the wonder girls

Back to top Go down

Post by dipstick 21st July 2009, 6:40 pm

Update 21st July 2009............Welcome to the latest member.

SDW Club
Registry of Members:

1. Fortessimo
3. Divine
4. nothing
5. newsman
6. Shah
7. Nightangler
8. Kaisu7165
9. K-family
10. liplip
11. The Wonder Girls

dipstick

Back to top Go down

Post by pbeyondp 25th July 2009, 10:49 am

mine crack yesterday too!

driver's side

pbeyondp

Back to top Go down

Post by dipstick 25th July 2009, 11:51 am

Update 25th July 2009............another case of SDW

SDW Club
Registry of Members:

1. Fortessimo
3. Divine
4. nothing
5. newsman
6. Shah
7. Nightangler
8. Kaisu7165
9. K-family
10. liplip
11. The Wonder Girls
12. pbeyondp
13. jonnyteo79 (sgkia)
14. solace (sgkia)
15. dylan6904 (sgkia)

Last edited by dipstick on 25th July 2009, 6:42 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : additions to list.)

dipstick

Back to top Go down

Post by dipstick 28th July 2009, 12:15 am

Update 27th July 2009............another case of SDW

SDW Club
Registry of Members:

1. Fortessimo
3. Divine
4. nothing
5. newsman
6. Shah
7. Nightangler
8. Kaisu7165
9. K-family
10. liplip
11. The Wonder Girls
12. pbeyondp
13. jonnyteo79 (sgkia)
14. solace (sgkia)
15. dylan6904 (sgkia)
16. kkmichelin (sgkia)

dipstick

Back to top Go down

Post by tish 28th July 2009, 1:50 pm

OMG... getting more n more crack cases....
tish
tish

Back to top Go down

Post by lukester 28th July 2009, 1:51 pm

waiting for them u call for mass recall...
lukester
lukester

Back to top Go down

Post by K-Family 28th July 2009, 9:07 pm

Credit to C&C for conceding that it is a manufacturing defect.

K-Family

Back to top Go down

Post by muff 28th July 2009, 9:14 pm

by conceding that it is a manufacturing defect, CnC can also claim the cost & material from KIA..... Very Happy
muff
muff

Back to top Go down

Post by junming 30th July 2009, 12:24 am

Mine crack today. I was driving on ECP and suddenly i heard a loud POMP! then the hair line crack appear. While i was driving the crack grow longer and longer. Call my SE he say drive to CnC. They will investigate. If its due by stone the i can claim insurance but got to pay $100. If its the manufacture fault then its free. For my case its their fault. Put there for the whole day collecting tmw morning. So ma fan... Just fix the knock sound only....
junming
junming

Back to top Go down

Post by the wonder girls 30th July 2009, 10:59 am

After I got my cracked windscreen replaced, the service rep says there is no guarrantee it wont self destruct again. How re-assuring! If the KIA engineer cannot solve the root cause, we are going to see more and more cases.
the wonder girls
the wonder girls

Back to top Go down

Post by lukester 30th July 2009, 12:21 pm

kapitan wrote:
greatgazoo wrote:
kapitan wrote:My windscreen did not crack, but was hit by a stone, so there is now a stone chip, .... waiting for the windscreen to crack so I can claim warranty instead of claim insurance.

Very Happy

Bro Kapitan, you drive behind big vehicle issit? If not I dun think norma vehicle stone will chip your windscreen.

Behind a lorry, which was also behind a large tipper truck...

can happen, thats why I don't like to follow behind truck, I rather let people overtake me and I wont be the one behind those trucks.
lukester
lukester

Back to top Go down

Post by dipstick 30th July 2009, 6:31 pm

Haiz.... here we go again.

Update 30th July 2009............another case of SDW

SDW Club
Registry of Members:

1. Fortessimo
3. Divine
4. nothing
5. newsman
6. Shah
7. Nightangler
8. Kaisu7165
9. K-family
10. liplip
11. The Wonder Girls
12. pbeyondp
13. jonnyteo79 (sgkia)
14. solace (sgkia)
15. dylan6904 (sgkia)
16. kkmichelin (sgkia)
17. junming

dipstick

Back to top Go down

Post by pessimizt 31st July 2009, 11:39 pm

omg, seems like more and more cases......and must cnc wait till somebody get into serious accident due to the windscreen crack then they wake up their idea ??? Mad
pessimizt
pessimizt

Back to top Go down

Post by duncton 6th August 2009, 12:20 am

liplip wrote:Mine self-destructed today or yesterday... collected 3.5 mths then happened...

Who reimburses you the solar film monies? Mine done in JB some more... duno can claim?

Hey liplip, how's ur repair? Got free replacement for your solar film or not? Am interested to know cos my film is not from CnC.... cheap version one. If they replace urs for free, wud be good reference for me.

Touchwood, of cos hope my windscreen dun crack at all is best lah.
duncton
duncton

Back to top Go down

Post by Fransge 6th August 2009, 10:16 am

dunno its cheap a not, but according to the solar firm specs provided by rikecool, its not bad if they can give us premium 63

Automotive Film

* front-half car will be using Premier 85

Ultraviolet Rejection 99.86 %
Visible Light Transmittance 83 %
Infra-Radiation Heat Rejection 65 %
Total Solar Energy Rejected 45 %
Ultraviolet Transmittance <1 %

Visible Light Transmittance 35 %
Infra-Radiation Heat Rejection 80 %
Total Solar Energy Rejected 58%
view package

Visible Light Transmittance 65.3 %
Infra-Radiation Heat Rejection 88 %
Total Solar Energy Rejected 55 %
view package

Visible Light Transmittance 55 %
Infra-Radiation Heat Rejection 92 %
Total Solar Energy Rejected 60 %
view package

if front is using premium 85 behind shld not have problem
Fransge
Fransge

Back to top Go down

Post by van 6th August 2009, 11:43 pm

HI, i am interested in the new forte too and called up C&C regarding the crack. They claimed that the crack is due to mfg defect and only affect a certain batch..... but all resolved. Now the new batch should be okie...

Any comments? Considering EX (A). Is it value for money? I only need basic car for transportation only...
van
van

Back to top Go down

Post by muff 6th August 2009, 11:55 pm

Hi van, if you look at the latest pricing after the latest COE and also in addition to the COE quota reduction in Oct, this may be a good time to commit :

After ytd's COE,

1.6EX(M) $43,999
1.6EX(A) $46,999

1.6SX(M) $49,999
1.6SX(A) $52,999

I think it is value for money now.....

muff
muff

Back to top Go down

Post by van 7th August 2009, 12:01 am

But what about the risk of mfg defect happening again?? I am sceptical of the risk of defect and more hidden costs.... also considering 09 EX lancer (A)... any advice??
van
van

Back to top Go down

Post by forte118 8th August 2009, 12:10 am

kns, i joined the club just 30 mins ago. mine cracked when i drove along NS Highway!!!

no more mood for my long weekend... mad

SDW Club
Registry of Members:

1. Fortessimo
3. Divine
4. nothing
5. newsman
6. Shah
7. Nightangler
8. Kaisu7165
9. K-family
10. liplip
11. The Wonder Girls
12. pbeyondp
13. jonnyteo79 (sgkia)
14. solace (sgkia)
15. dylan6904 (sgkia)
16. kkmichelin (sgkia)
17. junming
18. forte118
forte118
forte118

Back to top Go down

Post by junming 8th August 2009, 2:41 am

Dont worry Bro forte 118. very fast it will be fix. faster send in for repair take one day. u must press them say got urgent need. should be faster
junming
junming

Back to top Go down

Post by van 8th August 2009, 2:04 pm

after repair the quality is ok? Then can we request before we buy, ask them replace the windscreeen first? when did you buy your forte?
van
van

Back to top Go down

Post by junming 8th August 2009, 5:14 pm

my forte was deliver on the 1st july. ya the quality is good:) dont worry. request before dont think can.
junming
junming

Back to top Go down

Post by forte118 12th August 2009, 12:55 pm

just to show u guys how my windscreen cracked

IMPORTANT: Take note of your windscreen! Cases of cracked Windscreen reported. - Page 4 IMG_1649

IMPORTANT: Take note of your windscreen! Cases of cracked Windscreen reported. - Page 4 IMG_1646

made an appointment with leng kee on thu morning, wan them to solve my steering wheel sound too...
forte118
forte118

Back to top Go down

Post by junming 12th August 2009, 1:50 pm

i think all crack at the same position.
junming
junming

Back to top Go down

Post by newsman 12th August 2009, 4:30 pm

forte118 wrote:just to show u guys how my windscreen cracked

IMPORTANT: Take note of your windscreen! Cases of cracked Windscreen reported. - Page 4 IMG_1649

IMPORTANT: Take note of your windscreen! Cases of cracked Windscreen reported. - Page 4 IMG_1646

made an appointment with leng kee on thu morning, wan them to solve my steering wheel sound too...

Do check again. Think only PANDAN GARDEN do WS replacement.
Suggest U drive direct to PANDAN, otherwise LK Tech may go on a wild spin with yr Babe-Forte !
newsman
newsman

Back to top Go down

Post by Fortec 12th August 2009, 5:30 pm

Heh, I just joined the club this morning. The cracks are similar or rather originate from the similar areas as the pics posted in this thread.

If the replacement crack a 2nd time, I might be seriously thinking of changing the ride.
Fortec
Fortec

Back to top Go down

Post by forte118 12th August 2009, 5:44 pm

newsman wrote:
forte118 wrote:just to show u guys how my windscreen cracked

Do check again. Think only PANDAN GARDEN do WS replacement.
Suggest U drive direct to PANDAN, otherwise LK Tech may go on a wild spin with yr Babe-Forte !

thanks bro, just called LK. they asked me to send my ride to them 1st for inspection.

i asked them whether they'll send my ride to PG, they said they'll send parts to LK. anyway, i'll record my ODO b4 leaving...
forte118
forte118

Back to top Go down

Post by dipstick 12th August 2009, 9:34 pm

Update 12th August 2009....... the Sword of Damocles inches ever nearer to its next victim. The anticipation is agonisingly unbearable...... who will it be next?

SDW Club
Registry of Members:

1. Fortessimo
3. Divine
4. nothing
5. newsman
6. Shah
7. Nightangler
8. Kaisu7165
9. K-family
10. liplip
11. The Wonder Girls
12. pbeyondp
13. jonnyteo79 (sgkia)
14. solace (sgkia)
15. dylan6904 (sgkia)
16. kkmichelin (sgkia)
17. junming
18. forte118
19. fortec

dipstick

Back to top Go down

Post by nocash 12th August 2009, 10:30 pm

Wow!!! very the scary eeek
nocash
nocash

Back to top Go down

Post by graysgerald79 12th August 2009, 10:33 pm

Cant they do a mass recall or something? Dangerous for it to crack suddenly when u driving....

graysgerald79

Back to top Go down

Post by notsogoodman 13th August 2009, 5:48 am

u guys like to share the date u collect the car? just wondering if it's really from the same batch

notsogoodman

Back to top Go down

Post by pessimizt 13th August 2009, 8:37 am

Ya, kindly share the date of collection and date of destruction.
pessimizt
pessimizt

Back to top Go down

Post by forte118 14th August 2009, 11:43 am

windscreen replaced by LK sc. was told to wait for 5 more working days to fix on rikecool (mine ori was thermalguard moon) solar film...

pessimizt wrote:Ya, kindly share the date of collection and date of destruction.

forte118 / 26 May 09 / 7 Aug 09
forte118
forte118

Back to top Go down

Post by stev85x 14th August 2009, 1:08 pm

Haiz.... my windscreen crack when driving along CTE to
Upper Thomas Road. Send back to Panda Service Center @ 10.30am , will collect back @ 4pm .
Aiyo... now really doubt about KIA . each penny counts.

I dun like the service personnel damn arrogant.
stev85x
stev85x

Back to top Go down

Post by van 14th August 2009, 1:49 pm

stev85x wrote:Haiz.... my windscreen crack when driving along CTE to
Upper Thomas Road. Send back to Panda Service Center @ 10.30am , will collect back @ 4pm .
Aiyo... now really doubt about KIA . each penny counts.

I dun like the service personnel damn arrogant.

Hi, When did you bought your forte?
van
van

Back to top Go down

Post by stev85x 14th August 2009, 2:41 pm

dipstick wrote:Update 12th August 2009....... the Sword of Damocles inches ever nearer to its next victim. The anticipation is agonisingly unbearable...... who will it be next?

SDW Club
Registry of Members:

1. Fortessimo
3. Divine
4. nothing
5. newsman
6. Shah
7. Nightangler
8. Kaisu7165
9. K-family
10. liplip
11. The Wonder Girls
12. pbeyondp
13. jonnyteo79 (sgkia)
14. solace (sgkia)
15. dylan6904 (sgkia)
16. kkmichelin (sgkia)
17. junming
18. forte118
19. fortec
20. stev85x
stev85x
stev85x

Back to top Go down

Post by nocash 14th August 2009, 10:22 pm

forte118 wrote:windscreen replaced by LK sc. was told to wait for 5 more working days to fix on rikecool (mine ori was thermalguard moon) solar film...

pessimizt wrote:Ya, kindly share the date of collection and date of destruction.

HI All bros and sisters kindly share the date of collection and date of destruction just
like bro forte118 did. I quiet worry when will it be my turn...Opps touch wood..Thanks

nocash
nocash

Back to top Go down

Post by muff 14th August 2009, 10:46 pm

Feel that KIA should recall all the earlier batch of Forte for windscreen replacement, it is obvious now that there is a batch problem with their windscreen.... Crying or Very sad

Not sure if LTA already know about this issues with Forte's Windscreen in SG .......I think there are many more than the 20 cases that are reported here by our FOGS member..... Mad
muff
muff

Back to top Go down

Post by forte118 14th August 2009, 11:24 pm

today parked my car under the sun for whole day, after work drove home.

along the way keep hearing some "bit biat" sounds frm the windscreen, kinda worried the ws crack AGAIN!! Razz somemore w/o solar film, damn scary.
forte118
forte118

Back to top Go down

Post by muff 14th August 2009, 11:48 pm

forte118 wrote:today parked my car under the sun for whole day, after work drove home.

along the way keep hearing some "bit biat" sounds frm the windscreen, kinda worried the ws crack AGAIN!! Razz somemore w/o solar film, damn scary.

did they explain to you why yr windscreen cracked ?
muff
muff

Back to top Go down

Post by stev85x 14th August 2009, 11:59 pm

sucks my car only less than 730... and 1 week old nia... windscreen crack wTF nver explain and say did something knock on it?!... if i didnt put solar film , i tink today sure gt accident... drivin @ 90Km/hr @ lane 3 =_='''
stev85x
stev85x

Back to top Go down

Post by muff 15th August 2009, 12:19 am

so even the latest batch of Forte still have this same windscreen cracked problems.... scratch and it also means that KIA has not identified the cause of the problem (in another words KIA has no solution yet)..... Shocked
muff
muff

Back to top Go down

Post by dipstick 15th August 2009, 11:57 am

muff wrote:so even the latest batch of Forte still have this same windscreen cracked problems.... scratch and it also means that KIA has not identified the cause of the problem (in another words KIA has no solution yet)..... Shocked

If the root of the SDW prob is the quality of windscreen, then the replacement windscreen (of better quality) may resolve it. If not and it is due to the flexing of the windscreen frame or body structure, then the prob will be an insoluble one with us as the victims.

dipstick

Back to top Go down

Post by muff 15th August 2009, 2:01 pm

dipstick wrote:
muff wrote:so even the latest batch of Forte still have this same windscreen cracked problems.... scratch and it also means that KIA has not identified the cause of the problem (in another words KIA has no solution yet)..... Shocked

If the root of the SDW prob is the quality of windscreen, then the replacement windscreen (of better quality) may resolve it. If not and it is due to the flexing of the windscreen frame or body structure, then the prob will be an insoluble one with us as the victims.

This problem first surfaced about 4 months ago. If latest batch is still having this same problem, my guess is that quality (material strength) or dimension (correct size) of the windscreen may not be the root cause of the problem. KIA must have already done their test/measurement on those defective WS and would already have a modified/improved version for the WS on their newer batch......

I think this SDW membership is going to continue to grow and I hope I'm not going to be one .......... Rolling Eyes
muff
muff

Back to top Go down

Post by forte118 15th August 2009, 10:08 pm

muff wrote:
forte118 wrote:today parked my car under the sun for whole day, after work drove home.

did they explain to you why yr windscreen cracked ?

no ler, dun bother to ask also. dun think they know either Razz
forte118
forte118

Back to top Go down

Post by duncton 16th August 2009, 1:07 am

this really emphasizes the importance of the solar film. i recall being in a car which kenah cracked windscreen w/o solar film. can really see the glass like small ice shavings coming down on the driver's arms and the crack propagating like a spider web. scary... No

all drivers need to be alert and careful man. this problem does not seem to be localized to certain batchs or shipment. I also think whether should bring i up with LTA as safety concern.
duncton
duncton

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 17 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10 ... 17  Next