Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» assay
my windscreen cracked this afternoon Empty4th August 2011, 10:13 pm by Guest

» APP Leading Website Generator
my windscreen cracked this afternoon Empty4th August 2011, 11:47 am by Guest

» check-up
my windscreen cracked this afternoon Empty4th August 2011, 10:03 am by Guest

» Blu-ray to iPad Ripper lift Blu glimmer DVD movies quest of iPad
my windscreen cracked this afternoon Empty4th August 2011, 8:24 am by Guest

» ubiquitous
my windscreen cracked this afternoon Empty4th August 2011, 6:07 am by Guest

» South african indian dating. Nz internet dating.
my windscreen cracked this afternoon Empty3rd August 2011, 8:57 pm by Guest

» WHAT CREEPY IDEA ON YOUTUBE HASN'T ALREADY BEEN DONE YET?
my windscreen cracked this afternoon Empty3rd August 2011, 7:30 pm by Guest

» buy facebook fan f8
my windscreen cracked this afternoon Empty3rd August 2011, 3:15 pm by Guest

» division
my windscreen cracked this afternoon Empty3rd August 2011, 11:43 am by Guest

RSS feeds

MSN 

my windscreen cracked this afternoon

+19
tower7
forte3737
impact2001
muff
dandeana21
nothing
chuppychup
ginn
keo
GnoMisH
lukester
JuanST
The Blue Cruiser
kysoong
tarepanda_lyh
Elixir99
Mrhandphone
genexis
dEXTER C
23 posters

Go down

my windscreen cracked this afternoon Empty my windscreen cracked this afternoon

Post by dEXTER C 16th December 2009, 8:07 pm

anyone experience this? i was driving alone PIE i heard a few sounds of "Piak" then after tat a really loud "piak" and the windscreen cracked!

lucky C&C will be replacing it for me!

suay day!
dEXTER C
dEXTER C

Back to top Go down

my windscreen cracked this afternoon Empty Re: my windscreen cracked this afternoon

Post by genexis 16th December 2009, 8:27 pm

when did you collect your car?

genexis

Back to top Go down

my windscreen cracked this afternoon Empty Re: my windscreen cracked this afternoon

Post by Mrhandphone 16th December 2009, 8:38 pm

Oh no man, dexter , u jst got ur ride? man, C&C need to do more to fix this issue rather than asking the Kia engineers to come over here to 'visit' Sg few mthly n not solving the matter.
Mrhandphone
Mrhandphone

Back to top Go down

Post by Elixir99 16th December 2009, 11:25 pm

dEXTER C wrote:anyone experience this? i was driving alone PIE i heard a few sounds of "Piak" then after tat a really loud "piak" and the windscreen cracked!

suay day!

U r number???? on the crack windscreen thread?
Elixir99
Elixir99

Back to top Go down

Post by tarepanda_lyh 17th December 2009, 9:05 am

Elixir99 wrote:
dEXTER C wrote:anyone experience this? i was driving alone PIE i heard a few sounds of "Piak" then after tat a really loud "piak" and the windscreen cracked!

suay day!

U r number???? on the crack windscreen thread?

dEXTER C, sorry to hear tat u've joined the SDW club.. do update ur info using the link
http://www.ceratoforte.forumotion.com/general-discussion-for-forte-owners-f2/important-take-note-of-your-windscreen-cases-of-cracked-windscreen-reported-t377-600.htm
tarepanda_lyh
tarepanda_lyh

Back to top Go down

Post by kysoong 17th December 2009, 9:31 am

u r not alone, my friend... my windscreen cracked this afternoon Icon_razz
kysoong
kysoong

Back to top Go down

Post by The Blue Cruiser 17th December 2009, 9:52 am

the 55th owner. welcome to the group. my windscreen cracked this afternoon Icon_smile
The Blue Cruiser
The Blue Cruiser

Back to top Go down

Post by JuanST 17th December 2009, 10:18 am

haiiizzzzzz...........
JuanST
JuanST

Back to top Go down

Post by lukester 17th December 2009, 10:20 am

seems like issue not resolved despite newer batch huh???
lukester
lukester

Back to top Go down

Post by Elixir99 17th December 2009, 1:16 pm

The Piak-piak-paik sound is more distinct after u have parked the car under sun... my windscreen cracked this afternoon Icon_evil
Elixir99
Elixir99

Back to top Go down

Post by GnoMisH 17th December 2009, 1:20 pm

knn if my windscreen crack a second time i'm gonig to demand compensation for the inconvenience of replacing the windscreen my windscreen cracked this afternoon 316913
GnoMisH
GnoMisH

Back to top Go down

Post by keo 17th December 2009, 11:18 pm

GnoMisH wrote:knn if my windscreen crack a second time i'm gonig to demand compensation for the inconvenience of replacing the windscreen my windscreen cracked this afternoon 316913

thumbsup or make your SE throw some freebies in as compensation for your time, that should be easier Smile

keo

Back to top Go down

Post by JuanST 18th December 2009, 7:10 am

good luck ... if u get freebies, pls do tell... too many forteans time is uncompensated...
JuanST
JuanST

Back to top Go down

Post by ginn 18th December 2009, 8:02 am

when C&C replace the windscreen, they claim it from your insurance or they just replace it without question?

I think if they claim it from your insurance, there will be excess rite?

ginn

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrhandphone 18th December 2009, 8:50 am

THink CnC will replace it themselves. Heard my SE saying CnC give warranty to windscreen for 10 yrs since the occurence of the problem in Sg.
Mrhandphone
Mrhandphone

Back to top Go down

Post by chuppychup 18th December 2009, 10:05 am

how about if ur film is tinted ? will they compensate ?

chuppychup

Back to top Go down

Post by nothing 18th December 2009, 11:41 am

Yes, if due to self cracked, they will replaced windscreen FOC plus yr sunfilm (inhouse)...meaning if yr comes with CnC sunfilm(rikecool) they will also replace FOC too....for assurance, some of us actually received official letter from CnC that they will replace the windscreen FOC if it's due to OEM fault even it past its warranty period of 3 yrs....however I really wish they can solve it once and for all then having this stigma of worrying when will be the next crack?
nothing
nothing

Back to top Go down

Post by chuppychup 18th December 2009, 11:57 am

so if Vcool den no cover ? V cool so much more ex den that rikecool leh ...

chuppychup

Back to top Go down

Post by tarepanda_lyh 18th December 2009, 3:10 pm

today went down to get my solar film (rikecool) done... got it FOC cos of SDW issue...
tarepanda_lyh
tarepanda_lyh

Back to top Go down

Post by dandeana21 18th December 2009, 10:04 pm

hiak hiak hiak... my car finally kenna a long crack liao.. haiz!!! worst still, it cracked in Port ****... my windscreen cracked this afternoon Suspect
dandeana21
dandeana21

Back to top Go down

Post by muff 18th December 2009, 10:05 pm

why crack you still so happy arh ?
muff
muff

Back to top Go down

Post by dandeana21 18th December 2009, 10:27 pm

hahaha... i oso dun noe.. maybe i had too much retail therapy for the past week.. LOL!!! bought a lot of my fav stuffs from Japan.. =P
dandeana21
dandeana21

Back to top Go down

Post by muff 18th December 2009, 10:39 pm

look like you have a good time in Japan hor..... my windscreen cracked this afternoon 332362 yr car sure got more bears now....... my windscreen cracked this afternoon Icon_biggrin

come to think of it.......your car already coming to 9 months.....windscreen still cracked.......guess it is only a matter of time....all ours going to crack too.....
muff
muff

Back to top Go down

Post by dandeana21 18th December 2009, 10:45 pm

hahaha.. yah!! i bought A LOT of the bears esp the one i liked most... going to put them inside once the windscreen is fixed..

woo!!!!
dandeana21
dandeana21

Back to top Go down

Post by impact2001 18th December 2009, 10:48 pm

dandeana21 wrote:hahaha.. yah!! i bought A LOT of the bears esp the one i liked most... going to put them inside once the windscreen is fixed..

woo!!!!

sigh... dunno your car is meant for passenger to sit one or all the fluffy bears... haha
impact2001
impact2001

Back to top Go down

Post by GnoMisH 18th December 2009, 11:09 pm

welcome to the club!
GnoMisH
GnoMisH

Back to top Go down

Post by dandeana21 18th December 2009, 11:17 pm

impact2001 wrote:
dandeana21 wrote:hahaha.. yah!! i bought A LOT of the bears esp the one i liked most... going to put them inside once the windscreen is fixed..

woo!!!!

sigh... dunno your car is meant for passenger to sit one or all the fluffy bears... haha

hahaha.. eeehhh.. i tink the passengers got to fight for space with my bears.. ** grinz ** got more to come when my sis-in-law returns from Japan.. coz got another load coming back!! WWOOOOOO!!!!
dandeana21
dandeana21

Back to top Go down

Post by dandeana21 18th December 2009, 11:18 pm

GnoMisH wrote:welcome to the club!

hiak hiak hiak.. thank u ah.. LOL!! tmr got to go LengKee liao.. hopefully got a replacement car leh..
dandeana21
dandeana21

Back to top Go down

Post by genexis 18th December 2009, 11:22 pm

Just got my car... SE reassured that my car (sept 09 batch) already fixed the problem. We'll see...

genexis

Back to top Go down

Post by impact2001 20th December 2009, 7:00 pm

genexis wrote:Just got my car... SE reassured that my car (sept 09 batch) already fixed the problem. We'll see...

haha.. Sound familiar again...
impact2001
impact2001

Back to top Go down

Post by forte3737 20th December 2009, 7:22 pm

genexis wrote:Just got my car... SE reassured that my car (sept 09 batch) already fixed the problem. We'll see...

actually SE assurance cannot be trusted.

forte3737

Back to top Go down

Post by genexis 20th December 2009, 8:14 pm

well, at least if it breaks, i can say that i was reassured 3 distinct times by my SE. They better have a darn good reason to explain why mine still breaks.

genexis

Back to top Go down

Post by tower7 20th December 2009, 8:41 pm

dandeana21 wrote:
impact2001 wrote:

woo!!!!

hahaha.. eeehhh.. i tink the passengers got to fight for space with my bears.. ** grinz ** got more to come when my sis-in-law returns from Japan.. coz got another load coming back!! WWOOOOOO!!!!

Wah seh, probably next MU, we be seeing a bear driving the Forte and not a lady driver.

tower7

Back to top Go down

Post by dandeana21 21st December 2009, 11:05 pm

tower7 wrote:
dandeana21 wrote:
impact2001 wrote:

woo!!!!

Wah seh, probably next MU, we be seeing a bear driving the Forte and not a lady driver.

LOL... if it's really a bear driving, think everyone gotta run.... haiz... i missed my car.. poor thing...
dandeana21
dandeana21

Back to top Go down

Post by FeiLeong 22nd December 2009, 12:05 am

muff wrote:look like you have a good time in Japan hor..... my windscreen cracked this afternoon 332362 yr car sure got more bears now....... my windscreen cracked this afternoon Icon_biggrin

come to think of it.......your car already coming to 9 months.....windscreen still cracked.......guess it is only a matter of time....all ours going to crack too.....

Bro muff, dun scare me leh, me just change to V kool recently.. my windscreen cracked this afternoon Icon_eek
FeiLeong
FeiLeong

Back to top Go down

Post by my_motor 28th December 2009, 10:28 am

dandeana21 wrote:hiak hiak hiak... my car finally kenna a long crack liao.. haiz!!! worst still, it cracked in Port ****... my windscreen cracked this afternoon Suspect

Last Sat my windscreen cracked in Malaysia highway, one "Piak" can see the line from left edge grew longer and longer. Lucky only 1 line otherwise how to drive back.
Anyone know beside replacing the windscreen & rikecool, can we demand CC to compensate us with courtesy car & the unnessary petrol cost to replace windscreen & rikecool, waste of time ?

my_motor

Back to top Go down

Post by keigo 28th December 2009, 10:31 am

my_motor wrote:
dandeana21 wrote:hiak hiak hiak... my car finally kenna a long crack liao.. haiz!!! worst still, it cracked in Port ****... my windscreen cracked this afternoon Suspect

Last Sat my windscreen cracked in Malaysia highway, one "Piak" can see the line from left edge grew longer and longer. Lucky only 1 line otherwise how to drive back.
Anyone know beside replacing the windscreen & rikecool, can we demand CC to compensate us with courtesy car & the unnessary petrol cost to replace windscreen & rikecool, waste of time ?

WLL also dont have...
keigo
keigo

Back to top Go down

Post by scorpey 28th December 2009, 5:27 pm

After seeing how cars are made in thailand, i got a feeling tat this kinda windscreen crack arises from the construction of the frame around the windscreen area.. a plus/ minus mm off will resulted a tighter fitting of the windscreen.. the stress build up over time and result in the weakening of the glass and eventually cracking.. remember the cracks area r the same for a few forte tat posted photos here.. which possibly means the tight spot is the same from the production machines..
anyway jus my guess and hope my forte was not from the affected line of production.. =)
scorpey
scorpey

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down