Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» assay
Engine Flushing for 10K servicing by C&C Empty4th August 2011, 10:13 pm by Guest

» APP Leading Website Generator
Engine Flushing for 10K servicing by C&C Empty4th August 2011, 11:47 am by Guest

» check-up
Engine Flushing for 10K servicing by C&C Empty4th August 2011, 10:03 am by Guest

» Blu-ray to iPad Ripper lift Blu glimmer DVD movies quest of iPad
Engine Flushing for 10K servicing by C&C Empty4th August 2011, 8:24 am by Guest

» ubiquitous
Engine Flushing for 10K servicing by C&C Empty4th August 2011, 6:07 am by Guest

» South african indian dating. Nz internet dating.
Engine Flushing for 10K servicing by C&C Empty3rd August 2011, 8:57 pm by Guest

» WHAT CREEPY IDEA ON YOUTUBE HASN'T ALREADY BEEN DONE YET?
Engine Flushing for 10K servicing by C&C Empty3rd August 2011, 7:30 pm by Guest

» buy facebook fan f8
Engine Flushing for 10K servicing by C&C Empty3rd August 2011, 3:15 pm by Guest

» division
Engine Flushing for 10K servicing by C&C Empty3rd August 2011, 11:43 am by Guest

RSS feeds

MSN 

Engine Flushing for 10K servicing by C&C

+16
add001
Slow Ryder
tarepanda_lyh
banz86
Forte002
earthtrodder
keigo
duncton
forte3737
icepool
FriesL
Cypher
JuanST
kapitan
kenneth
Friendlyfool
20 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Engine Flushing for 10K servicing by C&C Empty Engine Flushing for 10K servicing by C&C

Post by Friendlyfool 9th February 2010, 9:01 am

Bros, just to check, why does C&C charge S$60 for engine flushing?
I am changing from mineral to synthetic oil for my 10K servicing

Friendlyfool

Back to top Go down

Engine Flushing for 10K servicing by C&C Empty Re: Engine Flushing for 10K servicing by C&C

Post by kenneth 9th February 2010, 9:22 am

It is because flushing engine is not part of the package. they are just out there bluff your money. 10K no need to flush engine. i also don't know only C&C servicing recommended engine flush.

I also kena chopped by them. new to car. When i told all the old bird that i did flush engine, all of them say i'm stupid kena bluff by C&C. You can know more about flushing engine in google. It might damage your engine also.

kenneth

Back to top Go down

Engine Flushing for 10K servicing by C&C Empty Re: Engine Flushing for 10K servicing by C&C

Post by Friendlyfool 9th February 2010, 9:35 am

kenneth wrote:It is because flushing engine is not part of the package. they are just out there bluff your money. 10K no need to flush engine. i also don't know only C&C servicing recommended engine flush.

I also kena chopped by them. new to car. When i told all the old bird that i did flush engine, all of them say i'm stupid kena bluff by C&C. You can know more about flushing engine in google. It might damage your engine also.

bro, anything happen to your ride after the engine flushing?

Friendlyfool

Back to top Go down

Post by kapitan 9th February 2010, 9:38 am

it your choice.... the service advisor will ask if you want to flush... then you can ask questions as to why flush and if it is a logical explanation and you feel that it is needed, you can say yes,... if you don't buy it, you can always say no... they will also tell you the price before hand... buyers' choice...
kapitan
kapitan

Back to top Go down

Post by kenneth 9th February 2010, 9:43 am

aiyah. I'm first time car owner don't anything mah. just sent in for servicing then need to rush back for work. they say recommended then i say ok lor. but then after i know about flushing engine from the internet after i reach office. then i call them that i don't want to flush engine then they say 'sorry sir we already flushed your engine' wa so efficient. mechanic start work at 8:30am i call at 9:15am. they have flushed my engine. action very fast.

kenneth

Back to top Go down

Post by Friendlyfool 9th February 2010, 9:45 am

i see that comfort delgro also include flushing in their servicing packages...

Friendlyfool

Back to top Go down

Post by JuanST 9th February 2010, 9:55 am

kenneth wrote:aiyah. I'm first time car owner don't anything mah. just sent in for servicing then need to rush back for work. they say recommended then i say ok lor. but then after i know about flushing engine from the internet after i reach office. then i call them that i don't want to flush engine then they say 'sorry sir we already flushed your engine' wa so efficient. mechanic start work at 8:30am i call at 9:15am. they have flushed my engine. action very fast.

recommended is not the same as necessary. as part of a "sales" team, recommendation is not necessarily for the good of ur car.... maybe just to increase profit..... Engine Flushing for 10K servicing by C&C Icon_smile
JuanST
JuanST

Back to top Go down

Post by kenneth 9th February 2010, 10:04 am

JuanST wrote:
kenneth wrote:aiyah. I'm first time car owner don't anything mah. just sent in for servicing then need to rush back for work. they say recommended then i say ok lor. but then after i know about flushing engine from the internet after i reach office. then i call them that i don't want to flush engine then they say 'sorry sir we already flushed your engine' wa so efficient. mechanic start work at 8:30am i call at 9:15am. they have flushed my engine. action very fast.

recommended is not the same as necessary. as part of a "sales" team, recommendation is not necessarily for the good of ur car.... maybe just to increase profit..... Engine Flushing for 10K servicing by C&C Icon_smile

yah lor, that why i said i'm first time car owner and fail to do 'research' b4 go for servicing. what ever they say recommended. just take lor. in the end my 10K servicing cost $242 Sad

kenneth

Back to top Go down

Post by Cypher 9th February 2010, 10:12 am

kenneth wrote:It is because flushing engine is not part of the package. they are just out there bluff your money. 10K no need to flush engine. i also don't know only C&C servicing recommended engine flush.

Damage only for old engine... new engine.. only damage to your pocket. Engine Flushing for 10K servicing by C&C Lol
Cypher
Cypher

Back to top Go down

Post by FriesL 9th February 2010, 10:12 am

kapitan wrote:it your choice.... the service advisor will ask if you want to flush... then you can ask questions as to why flush and if it is a logical explanation and you feel that it is needed, you can say yes,... if you don't buy it, you can always say no... they will also tell you the price before hand... buyers' choice...

only some times they dun i am afraid... i ask many time to go thru of the list of things they "will" do to my car.. but was told only standard.. whaaa.. (they are good, i even rec via write in)
only choice given was syn / min oil? ?? What a Face so i think ill be insisting on my options.. next time..(if still i go C&C Cool)

FriesL

Back to top Go down

Post by kenneth 9th February 2010, 10:13 am

Friendlyfool wrote:i see that comfort delgro also include flushing in their servicing packages...

heard from some old bird and some comment in the internet, flush engine is not a must but if you want you can do it at 40K but not 10K as the engine is still very clean.

kenneth

Back to top Go down

Post by icepool 9th February 2010, 10:17 am

sorry dont know if this is the correct thread..but what is the necessary things to do for 5k and 10k servicing? dont want tio carrot chop by cnc....

icepool

Back to top Go down

Post by kenneth 9th February 2010, 10:20 am

5K is ok. they will not do extra if you dun ask because for 5K is free labour. as for 10K better because cos they will charge you. for 10K syn oil package is 142 tyre rotation is 20

kenneth

Back to top Go down

Post by forte3737 9th February 2010, 9:05 pm

Friendlyfool wrote:Bros, just to check, why does C&C charge S$60 for engine flushing?

$60 is very expensive. i think they using the ows engine cleaner, which is selling for around $25 in shops. they pour the cleaner into the oil engine oil, run it for 10 mins, then change to new engine oil. its a simple process but at exhorbitant prices.

forte3737

Back to top Go down

Post by duncton 9th February 2010, 9:40 pm

Friendlyfool wrote:Bros, just to check, why does C&C charge S$60 for engine flushing?

Bro,
Just curious, how much did you spend in the end for your 10K? Got brief breakdown even better so other brothers may know in advance.
duncton
duncton

Back to top Go down

Post by kapitan 9th February 2010, 9:42 pm

duncton wrote:

Bro,
Just curious, how much did you spend in the end for your 10K? Got brief breakdown even better so other brothers may know in advance.

he said 242...
kapitan
kapitan

Back to top Go down

Post by kenneth 9th February 2010, 10:01 pm

haha..that is me who said $242 after GST. I just did my 10K last week.

$147 for 10K + $20 tyre rotation + $60 engine flush + 7% GST = 242

kenneth

Back to top Go down

Post by keigo 9th February 2010, 10:08 pm

I did my 10K servicing last yr...

70++ for 10K, tyre rotation free

so total just 70++ only.. Engine Flushing for 10K servicing by C&C Icon_lol
keigo
keigo

Back to top Go down

Post by Friendlyfool 9th February 2010, 10:11 pm

keigo wrote:I did my 10K servicing last yr...

Keigo u did at C&C?

Friendlyfool

Back to top Go down

Post by Friendlyfool 9th February 2010, 10:17 pm

bros, now C&C got stamp coupon system - everytime u go back servicing with them can get freebie e.g 5% discount of total bill, free tire rotation etc...

Friendlyfool

Back to top Go down

Post by keigo 9th February 2010, 10:18 pm

Friendlyfool wrote:

Keigo u did at C&C?

of coz not...C&C where got such price...
keigo
keigo

Back to top Go down

Post by Friendlyfool 9th February 2010, 10:23 pm

keigo wrote:
Friendlyfool wrote:

Keigo u did at C&C?

of coz not...C&C where got such price...

haha can share contact?

Friendlyfool

Back to top Go down

Post by kenneth 9th February 2010, 10:35 pm

yah can share contact with me also? don't feel like going back to C&C for servicing until 40K

kenneth

Back to top Go down

Post by earthtrodder 10th February 2010, 2:42 am

but if don't go back to CnC for servicing until 40k, will void the warranty?
earthtrodder
earthtrodder

Back to top Go down

Post by kenneth 10th February 2010, 9:33 am

I don't know about the warranty void but to me got warranty = no warranty because whatever i ask them to fix they never fix. either say they say no problem with that or had said they had fixed the problem, but when i collect the car drove out of the carpark, 'WTF', the problem still there. I had reflect the problem since my 1K service now 10K service they still didn't fix my problem.

Last edited by kenneth on 10th February 2010, 1:26 pm; edited 1 time in total

kenneth

Back to top Go down

Post by Friendlyfool 10th February 2010, 11:33 am

to cut short - they are slackers

Friendlyfool

Back to top Go down

Post by Forte002 10th February 2010, 3:22 pm

kenneth wrote:I don't know about the warranty void but to me got warranty = no warranty because whatever i ask them to fix they never fix. either say they say no problem with that or had said they had fixed the problem, but when i collect the car drove out of the carpark, 'WTF', the problem still there. I had reflect the problem since my 1K service now 10K service they still didn't fix my problem.

I believe your problem is minor problem which whether warranty or not doesn't matter.

Warranty is actually for more expensive failure such as gear box or engine. One thing for sure, engine not so easy to fail but one can never be sure as these are mechanical parts and will still have 1 in a million chance of defect. If by saving a a few hundred of dollars in exchange for a few thousands of dollars of worry and trouble, I don't really see the saving when such situation happened.

In short, warranty still has their strength, don't write them off now because one hasn't experience the need.

Forte002

Back to top Go down

Post by keigo 10th February 2010, 5:06 pm

Forte002 wrote:
kenneth wrote:I don't know about the warranty void but to me got warranty = no warranty because whatever i ask them to fix they never fix. either say they say no problem with that or had said they had fixed the problem, but when i collect the car drove out of the carpark, 'WTF', the problem still there. I had reflect the problem since my 1K service now 10K service they still didn't fix my problem.

I believe your problem is minor problem which whether warranty or not doesn't matter.

Warranty is actually for more expensive failure such as gear box or engine. One thing for sure, engine not so easy to fail but one can never be sure as these are mechanical parts and will still have 1 in a million chance of defect. If by saving a a few hundred of dollars in exchange for a few thousands of dollars of worry and trouble, I don't really see the saving when such situation happened.

In short, warranty still has their strength, don't write them off now because one hasn't experience the need.

then the question will be throw to them...

ask them to explain in which part of the servicing spoil the car???? Like you mention above mechanical parts fault.. then I do not understand why the servicing will cause it to fail when nothing is been touch on the engine...

change sync oil not by C&C affect engine???
keigo
keigo

Back to top Go down

Post by banz86 10th February 2010, 9:32 pm

How much do C&C charge for their full syn change. I remember they charged me $51 inc GST for the first service using mineral. I wanna use full sync.

banz86

Back to top Go down

Post by Forte002 10th February 2010, 10:15 pm

[/quote]

ask them to explain in which part of the servicing spoil the car???? Like you mention above mechanical parts fault.. then I do not understand why the servicing will cause it to fail when nothing is been touch on the engine...

change sync oil not by C&C affect engine???[/quote]

no need to understand. It is a contractual agreement that they honor the warranty for the vehicles serviced by them. It is actually like you are buying the warranty. If you decided to break the agreement, then go back and claim warranty only when major problem occurs, it is too late. All AD work the same way to honor the warranty.

Actually it is a matter of probability game and up to individual to take chances.

Forte002

Back to top Go down

Post by keigo 11th February 2010, 2:25 pm

Forte002 wrote:

change sync oil not by C&C affect engine???

no need to understand. It is a contractual agreement that they honor the warranty for the vehicles serviced by them. It is actually like you are buying the warranty. If you decided to break the agreement, then go back and claim warranty only when major problem occurs, it is too late. All AD work the same way to honor the warranty.

Actually it is a matter of probability game and up to individual to take chances.

And the next question, where is the agree contract that say only warranty provided when doing servicing with C&C????

When I purchase the car I only know they will give warranty on the car I purchase from them and not the other round where I only get warranty unless I do my service with them.
keigo
keigo

Back to top Go down

Post by Friendlyfool 11th February 2010, 4:23 pm

wah bros, very chim sia

Friendlyfool

Back to top Go down

Post by keigo 11th February 2010, 4:33 pm

Friendlyfool wrote:wah bros, very chim sia

which part chim lolz......

because the way it been say look like C&C will only give you warranty if you do your servicing under them.

e.g. if one day lets say all laptop company sell you laptop and say if you never come service your laptop (meaning if windows crash or update windows or install software into laptop) the company will not warranty your laptop...

Do you think this make sense?
keigo
keigo

Back to top Go down

Post by tarepanda_lyh 11th February 2010, 4:55 pm

hi bros, still confused over whether need to flush engine on 10k servicing.

I'm currently on mineral and changing to synthetic oil on the 10k servicing, do I need to do engine flush to remove the mineral oil? Appreciate advice from the bros/sis here
tarepanda_lyh
tarepanda_lyh

Back to top Go down

Post by tarepanda_lyh 11th February 2010, 5:05 pm

keigo wrote:
Friendlyfool wrote:wah bros, very chim sia

which part chim lolz......

because the way it been say look like C&C will only give you warranty if you do your servicing under them.

e.g. if one day lets say all laptop company sell you laptop and say if you never come service your laptop (meaning if windows crash or update windows or install software into laptop) the company will not warranty your laptop...

Do you think this make sense?

erm, actually if u service the hardware outside, the laptop company can choose to void the warranty...software, dun think they will void it.

Anyway back to cars, im sure many of us dunno what are covered/not covered under warranty...that's y many of us have no choice but to go back CnC in case we do some services outside which actually can be covered under warranty
tarepanda_lyh
tarepanda_lyh

Back to top Go down

Post by JuanST 11th February 2010, 5:44 pm

tarepanda_lyh wrote:hi bros, still confused over whether need to flush engine on 10k servicing.

I'm currently on mineral and changing to synthetic oil on the 10k servicing, do I need to do engine flush to remove the mineral oil? Appreciate advice from the bros/sis here
no need to flush.....it is like doing spring cleaning to a newly renovated new house..... Engine Flushing for 10K servicing by C&C Icon_smile what is there to spring clean?
JuanST
JuanST

Back to top Go down

Post by forte3737 11th February 2010, 8:32 pm

tarepanda_lyh wrote:hi bros, still confused over whether need to flush engine on 10k servicing.

no need to flush

forte3737

Back to top Go down

Post by tarepanda_lyh 11th February 2010, 10:12 pm

JuanST wrote:

no need to flush.....it is like doing spring cleaning to a newly renovated new house..... Engine Flushing for 10K servicing by C&C Icon_smile what is there to spring clean?

thanks bro JuanST
tarepanda_lyh
tarepanda_lyh

Back to top Go down

Post by tarepanda_lyh 11th February 2010, 10:12 pm

forte3737 wrote:

no need to flush

thanks bro forte3737
tarepanda_lyh
tarepanda_lyh

Back to top Go down

Post by Forte002 11th February 2010, 11:05 pm

keigo wrote:
And the next question, where is the agree contract that say only warranty provided when doing servicing with C&C????

When I purchase the car I only know they will give warranty on the car I purchase from them and not the other round where I only get warranty unless I do my service with them.

Bro, did you read the s&p agreement? The warranty comes with terms and conditions. Did you ask what are the conditions? Did you read your warranty/servicing booklet? It also stated that your warranty may be void if servicing is done by workshop non authorised by c&c. So your warranty is in the danger of voiding if not serviced by c&c or their agents and this is a fact regardless if servicing by others will render the parts or engine faulty.

Take any electronic product such as HP, any servicing/repair of hardware by non authorised shop, do you think your warranty still valid?

I know that you are unhappy that servicing has to be carried out by c&c to enjoy the warranty but that doesn't mean that it is ok to do servicing by others and still claim warranty. This information may mislead new owners to think that they can still agrue their way to claim warranty when they didn't follow the warranty terms.

Anyway, most of us did some mods or other. This may already void our warranty. As long as you like to mod your ride, don't bother about warranty.

Forte002

Back to top Go down

Post by forte3737 12th February 2010, 6:49 pm

after flushing, is there any difference in the engine performance?

forte3737

Back to top Go down

Post by Slow Ryder 12th February 2010, 7:20 pm

Bro, R U sure they flush your engine? Did u see them doing it? probaly they just charge U $60 without doing flushing Engine Flushing for 10K servicing by C&C Icon_exclaim Engine Flushing for 10K servicing by C&C Icon_question
Slow Ryder
Slow Ryder

Back to top Go down

Post by kenneth 12th February 2010, 10:45 pm

Slow Ryder wrote:

Bro, R U sure they flush your engine? Did u see them doing it? probaly they just charge U $60 without doing flushing Engine Flushing for 10K servicing by C&C Icon_exclaim Engine Flushing for 10K servicing by C&C Icon_question

that one i don't know. after i sign the paper i went to my office liao. feel cheated. The performance wise the is same. no diff.

kenneth

Back to top Go down

Post by forte3737 13th February 2010, 10:36 am

lesson learned. next time dun flush

forte3737

Back to top Go down

Post by add001 19th February 2010, 12:10 pm

Bros, any highly recommended w/shops for 20k servicing?
Did my 10k juz now @ LengKee. Lousy carwash again too.
Kenna S$242.89 w gst, I was like wtf....!!!
Awaiting any helpful replies, TIA hor.
add001
add001

Back to top Go down

Post by Divine 19th February 2010, 12:16 pm

bro u can try Horizon auto , Gary engineering or harmony motors they are all quite good and reasonable price =)
Divine
Divine

Back to top Go down

Post by redkoup 19th February 2010, 12:18 pm

The onli thing that'll get flushed is the $60 from ur wallet.

Fuel quality is good in SG, engine serviced regularly (kena held ransom by C&C so no choice). So pls dun fall sucker for such a service.
redkoup
redkoup

Back to top Go down

Post by add001 19th February 2010, 1:05 pm

Divine wrote:bro u can try Horizon auto , Gary engineering or harmony motors they are all quite good and reasonable price =)

Is any1 of them situated in the west ie. Jurong, Bt Batok etc?
add001
add001

Back to top Go down

Post by solaris 19th February 2010, 1:28 pm

I'm waiting for my car at C&C Ubi now, doing my 10k servicing too. I've also spoken to the staff about the engine flushing, after their explanation I decided to go ahead.

However, before I even decided to do the servicing with them, I've asked them if I have already voided my warranty since I have added a few things. He explained that technically I have voided the warranty so long as I do not use stock parts, i.e. to remain the car in stock condition BUT he also explained that so long as the car is constantly serviced with them, the warranty will still be in state as a form of customer service. It's was this nice Filipino chap who was patient in explaining and answering my worries and queries.

Anyway, the flushing is the $60 too and my total bill is "$225+GST" so around $240 ba.

For the sake of the warranty, let them tok like a fat carrot for now. Once warranty over or the 100k is reached, I will go outside to service.

Just to share, I went to Stamford Tyres at Changi with the intention to do servicing just now. The mechanic advised me to go back to AD for the servicing for the sake for the warranty, but if I still want to do with them he will still do it for me. The mechanic simply gave me honest advice, so I heeded. I mean he could have earn my greens but he chose not to and gave honest advice.

One of the bros here mentioned too....I can choose to save that few hundred dollars but when the Thousand-dollar problems comes, I will have bigger headache.

My long sharing ends here....hahahah Engine Flushing for 10K servicing by C&C Icon_porc Happy Chinese New Year Guys and Gals ~!!! Engine Flushing for 10K servicing by C&C Icon_cheers
solaris
solaris

Back to top Go down

Post by kenneth 19th February 2010, 3:20 pm

so what is the reason that he gave you for the engine flush?

kenneth

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next