Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» assay
Car involved in serious accident.....sianz... - Page 2 Empty4th August 2011, 10:13 pm by Guest

» APP Leading Website Generator
Car involved in serious accident.....sianz... - Page 2 Empty4th August 2011, 11:47 am by Guest

» check-up
Car involved in serious accident.....sianz... - Page 2 Empty4th August 2011, 10:03 am by Guest

» Blu-ray to iPad Ripper lift Blu glimmer DVD movies quest of iPad
Car involved in serious accident.....sianz... - Page 2 Empty4th August 2011, 8:24 am by Guest

» ubiquitous
Car involved in serious accident.....sianz... - Page 2 Empty4th August 2011, 6:07 am by Guest

» South african indian dating. Nz internet dating.
Car involved in serious accident.....sianz... - Page 2 Empty3rd August 2011, 8:57 pm by Guest

» WHAT CREEPY IDEA ON YOUTUBE HASN'T ALREADY BEEN DONE YET?
Car involved in serious accident.....sianz... - Page 2 Empty3rd August 2011, 7:30 pm by Guest

» buy facebook fan f8
Car involved in serious accident.....sianz... - Page 2 Empty3rd August 2011, 3:15 pm by Guest

» division
Car involved in serious accident.....sianz... - Page 2 Empty3rd August 2011, 11:43 am by Guest

RSS feeds

MSN 

Car involved in serious accident.....sianz...

+37
sagi73
dreamzzlandz
ooiks
ForteBoy
FriesL
zhuzhumao
nothing
longbow
GnoMisH
unlimitedz
miko komi
cpt_zr
Terrier
dreckker
joA
gobal100
kapitan
Divine
Dark Knight
ace
impact2001
Bed
joepele
jeRrRKKKK
jeff2510
patsy
The Blue Cruiser
lukester
ano57
danielg
kysoong
aural
keigo
JuanST
nocash
KingJerry
ReDeViL
41 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Car involved in serious accident.....sianz... - Page 2 Empty Re: Car involved in serious accident.....sianz...

Post by Bed 18th November 2009, 11:12 pm

ReDeViL wrote:haiz...then how now???

really dunno what to do ler........at a lost...

go to AIG claim total lost? under what circumstances will they allow that?
imptly, othe rthan the 600 excess, what else do i have to pay up extra? my concern is costs.....

i red that AIG only allows certain workshops? means even if i go outside also i cant claim AIG?....

this situation really sux, appreciate all the kind advice guys...thx

Total lost means beyond repair. It could also be the case where the repair cost is above the car's maket value. It is determined by claim assessor and insurer. From the picture, it is definitely repairable. Chances of total loss is very slim.

Other than $600 excess, you have to pay GST. That's all for this accident. Next year renewal your excess and premium may increase.

If your insurance you took up through C&C, it is Auto Protector with AHAC (AIG). If you claim OD, you have to repair with authorised workshops. C&C is 1 of the authorised workshops.

My advise is claim OD. Repair with C&C or any preferred AIG authorised workshop. Unless you want to pay through your own pocket or ask the biker to pay for your damage or you claim 3rd party, then you may go to your own preferred workshops.
Bed
Bed

Back to top Go down

Car involved in serious accident.....sianz... - Page 2 Empty Re: Car involved in serious accident.....sianz...

Post by miko komi 18th November 2009, 11:29 pm

If the rider is drunk, his insurance can "throw cover" on him. However his motor insurance company has the obligation to pay the third party claim made against him.

In this incident, his motor insurance has to pay u for your damage and etc...

His motor insurance will not pay the drunk motor rider his motor bike damage and medical bills.
miko komi
miko komi

Back to top Go down

Post by unlimitedz 18th November 2009, 11:41 pm

i believe insur. only comes in handy when death is involve.. imagine have to support opponent's family when his dead n family + kids got nobody 2support..(provided u r in wrong.)

many times, we dont have e time for a choice actually.. eg. buying additional pic of item for total30%off... is it a necessary??
unlimitedz
unlimitedz

Back to top Go down

Post by GnoMisH 18th November 2009, 11:42 pm

miko komi wrote:If the rider is drunk, his insurance can "throw cover" on him. However his motor insurance company has the obligation to pay the third party claim made against him.

His motor insurance will not pay the drunk motor rider his motor bike damage and medical bills.

i thought so too... let your insurance company pay for your repairs and then they can claim the money from the biker's insurance company
GnoMisH
GnoMisH

Back to top Go down

Post by Terrier 19th November 2009, 12:27 am

miko komi wrote:If the rider is drunk, his insurance can "throw cover" on him. However his motor insurance company has the obligation to pay the third party claim made against him.

msia insurance.. i nv trust at all.. lolz..
Terrier
Terrier

Back to top Go down

Post by longbow 19th November 2009, 12:54 am

So how what did the valuer say?
longbow
longbow

Back to top Go down

Post by KingJerry 19th November 2009, 5:39 am

But still the front looks damn badly damaged. The bike hit your front at a very high speed? I thought our front bumper quite sturdy?
KingJerry
KingJerry

Back to top Go down

Post by nothing 19th November 2009, 8:12 am

If able to claim total loss, would be good but your premium for future insurance will be haywire.....Try the wkshop that I used when kana accident, reliable and honest guy...wkshop called Chew Goon at AMK autopoint, call up Aaron Chew 96353392, off 64841626....very good at making good wreck vehicles with reasonable quote....my accident car kana by IDAC surveyor, quote overall repair $12K via Star Auto at Portsdown, called up Chew Goon, they towed back from Star Auto and assess by their own independent surveyor, quote only $6K plus...and repair was very well done, after 2 yrs everything was still running well.....
nothing
nothing

Back to top Go down

Post by aural 19th November 2009, 8:16 am

But frankly for this damage unless you seriously not going to drive or want to void your warranty i will advise you to go back to C&C at least after repairs got problem u still have 3yrs of ur warranty. Please consider this as your car is only 1 month old. My client's car also got wrecked worse than yours but went back to dealer to do and until now 3 years still running but of course minor problems here and there, at least covered under warranty. 13k claims all under OD.
aural
aural

Back to top Go down

Post by JuanST 19th November 2009, 8:24 am

so complicated...... but i oso think it will go repair....but if u get total loss ... i think much better.... good luck bro....
JuanST
JuanST

Back to top Go down

Post by lukester 19th November 2009, 9:15 am

KG i think the bike crash in on high speed.

i think go back to CnC is better.

if you dun get total loss, then there is warranty coverage for future after ur repair. they might void if you have future problems with the car saying they did not repair when there is serious problem.

futhermore forte still considered new, you might not get all the parts you need if in other workshop.
lukester
lukester

Back to top Go down

Post by aural 19th November 2009, 9:19 am

lukester wrote:KG i think the bike crash in on high speed.

i think go back to CnC is better.

if you dun get total loss, then there is warranty coverage for future after ur repair. they might void if you have future problems with the car saying they did not repair when there is serious problem.

futhermore forte still considered new, you might not get all the parts you need if in other workshop.

yupz. We already spent so much on a car no point because of a 3-5k difference in repair which ultimately is paid by the insurer void our warranty and such.
The premium increment next yr may not be exactly that scary.
End of the day when u drive the car later will be be worried about warranty and do the outside workshop knows what to change especially our forte is largely electronic now.
aural
aural

Back to top Go down

Post by JuanST 19th November 2009, 9:21 am

if aig increase ur insurance, u can ask aural to get u the best package.....
JuanST
JuanST

Back to top Go down

Post by aural 19th November 2009, 9:24 am

JuanST wrote:if aig increase ur insurance, u can ask aural to get u the best package.....

I already asking ard cos this is a super pissing situation. See next yr possible to underwrite based on other people' gross neglience in case not able to claim from the 3rd party. So please keep the policy report.
aural
aural

Back to top Go down

Post by lukester 19th November 2009, 9:26 am

i think insurance increase unavoidable, but for your best interest get it repair at somewhere trusted.

insurance lets think later.
lukester
lukester

Back to top Go down

Post by JuanST 19th November 2009, 9:30 am

safe would be cnc....
trusted is subjective....
JuanST
JuanST

Back to top Go down

Post by JuanST 19th November 2009, 9:32 am

i say safe - u cover both warranty and insurance...
if u go other shops even w express apporval by aig, not sure if ggonna have problems with cnc later....
JuanST
JuanST

Back to top Go down

Post by aural 19th November 2009, 9:34 am

JuanST wrote:i say safe - u cover both warranty and insurance...
if u go other shops even w express apporval by aig, not sure if ggonna have problems with cnc later....

Sure have problem.
Many people confuse insurance and warranty.

Warranty is linked to dealer, nothing to do with insurance.

Insurance if u want to go back to dealer to get ur warranty intact, then u may need to ensure ur insurance allows u to go back to dealer.
aural
aural

Back to top Go down

Post by JuanST 19th November 2009, 9:44 am

conclusion : shud go back to cnc for repair to cover warranty(cnc) and insurance (aig). if u want to change insurance the following year - if still under warranty , must make sure cnc is approved repairer ---- if not under warrantry, no need consider cnc as repairer....
JuanST
JuanST

Back to top Go down

Post by aural 19th November 2009, 9:46 am

JuanST wrote:conclusion : shud go back to cnc for repair to cover warranty(cnc) and insurance (aig). if u want to change insurance the following year - if still under warranty , must make sure cnc is approved repairer ---- if not under warrantry, no need consider cnc as repairer....

something like that. The last part about not under warranty no need consider C&C still depends on individuals. But the front 2 conclusion is recommended.
aural
aural

Back to top Go down

Post by zhuzhumao 19th November 2009, 9:57 am

wah.. sjt sia.. thats so new car.. keep us update
zhuzhumao
zhuzhumao

Back to top Go down

Post by lukester 19th November 2009, 10:12 am

JuanST wrote:safe would be cnc....

aiyah, CnC is what i mean by trusted... as stated in earlier post..
lukester
lukester

Back to top Go down

Post by ReDeViL 19th November 2009, 6:54 pm

went down to hospital to visit the guy.....
he just has a coupla sprained parts plus scratches.....no big deal....

then i got a worse news....bike doesnt belong to him......as though it couldnt get any worse....

seems pretty certain that i will simply have to claim my own insurance already..... Car involved in serious accident.....sianz... - Page 2 Icon_evil

rotten luck...

collected my spare car which is provided by AIG b4 dat as well..driving the old cerato....how ironical....

i may go for the meetup in that... Car involved in serious accident.....sianz... - Page 2 Icon_rolleyes
ReDeViL
ReDeViL

Back to top Go down

Post by FriesL 20th November 2009, 11:16 am

well... really sad for you.. can understand tat...
as to many mentioned i think going back to CC for repairs seems better to me.. too.. as it will already hurt.. maybe should get 3rd party to verify of the fix too? (just a suggestion..?)
for the fella think you can start contacting the real owner of the biker,
get the name, place of work etc etc.. so to prepare yourself for contact...
insurance and verify everypiece of the information.. too..

FriesL

Back to top Go down

Post by JuanST 20th November 2009, 11:20 am

lukester wrote:
JuanST wrote:safe would be cnc....

aiyah, CnC is what i mean by trusted... as stated in earlier post..

i know..... but for me cnc is safe (warranty and insurance) ... trust.... hard to trust someone who always say "ur warranty will be void if u dun come to us"..... like a gun on ur head. i know it is business for them....but trust is to be earned... not demanded...
JuanST
JuanST

Back to top Go down

Post by ForteBoy 20th November 2009, 11:43 am

aural wrote:
kapitan wrote:let's assess the cost of damages based upon the pictures,.... can far as can see ...

bumper - 1500
headlights - 700
fender - 1500
windscreen - 1500
roof - 3000
rear D pillar - 700
rear bonnet - 1000
radiator - 1000
reinforcement bar - 5000
about 16k worth of physical damages, car have not been lifted up to check chasis..... engine may have shifted due to impact, have to check, may affect gear box if engine shifted,........

16 k not including other general services.....

the pictures posted looks like a total to me...

As much as i wish to agree, i dun think it is a total loss situation. This one, only the insurer will be able to let you know, not the SE, anyone else or the insurance adviser also.
It's math to the insurers, pay 20k to repair or pay 50k to buy u a new car.

Based on Pics, it is remotely similiar to my uncle's previous car ...

It was the 08 A4 .... Parked outside on his porch ...... Garbage Truck reversed never see properly ... Bang ... Backside hit car front which pushed the car back against the wall ... so in the end his front back and house wall all kena ....

He claimed total loss and ard 4 - 8 mths later he got a spankiing new car ........ he got a replacement car during the down time .... Just my 2 cents laaa

Hope it helps Smile
ForteBoy
ForteBoy

Back to top Go down

Post by aural 20th November 2009, 11:47 am

ForteBoy wrote:
aural wrote:
kapitan wrote:let's assess the cost of damages based upon the pictures,.... can far as can see ...

bumper - 1500
headlights - 700
fender - 1500
windscreen - 1500
roof - 3000
rear D pillar - 700
rear bonnet - 1000
radiator - 1000
reinforcement bar - 5000
about 16k worth of physical damages, car have not been lifted up to check chasis..... engine may have shifted due to impact, have to check, may affect gear box if engine shifted,........

16 k not including other general services.....

the pictures posted looks like a total to me...

As much as i wish to agree, i dun think it is a total loss situation. This one, only the insurer will be able to let you know, not the SE, anyone else or the insurance adviser also.
It's math to the insurers, pay 20k to repair or pay 50k to buy u a new car.

Based on Pics, it is remotely similiar to my uncle's previous car ...

It was the 08 A4 .... Parked outside on his porch ...... Garbage Truck reversed never see properly ... Bang ... Backside hit car front which pushed the car back against the wall ... so in the end his front back and house wall all kena ....

He claimed total loss and ard 4 - 8 mths later he got a spankiing new car ........ he got a replacement car during the down time .... Just my 2 cents laaa

Hope it helps Smile

To be exact he cannot say he want to claim means can claim. Default we also hope that would become a total loss and at least a new car will come up. Still depends on the insurer's assessment if can repair or not and if the cost is worth it.
aural
aural

Back to top Go down

Post by KingJerry 20th November 2009, 12:35 pm

Aural, If claim total loss, next premium will increase by around how much?
KingJerry
KingJerry

Back to top Go down

Post by joepele 20th November 2009, 1:39 pm

I dun think happy happy want to claim total loss then can claim total loss one le...

If I am not wrong... it must be structurally unsound before that can even happen.

But from the description... the frame / main structure does not seem to been damaged.
joepele
joepele

Back to top Go down

Post by ooiks 20th November 2009, 3:16 pm

bro leave it to the insurance company.

i had a similar case,but the driver not drunk,for that im not sure hw u go abt.

my claim 2.5 yrs. 16k was the amount in the end settle for 8k.

lawyer say gd enough to have if not settle in malaysia lagi low(in rm)...

gd luck with your claim.

ooiks

Back to top Go down

Post by aural 20th November 2009, 6:16 pm

joepele wrote:I dun think happy happy want to claim total loss then can claim total loss one le...

If I am not wrong... it must be structurally unsound before that can even happen.

But from the description... the frame / main structure does not seem to been damaged.

ooiks wrote:bro leave it to the insurance company.

i had a similar case,but the driver not drunk,for that im not sure hw u go abt.

my claim 2.5 yrs. 16k was the amount in the end settle for 8k.

lawyer say gd enough to have if not settle in malaysia lagi low(in rm)...

gd luck with your claim.

Yes to both. The damage looks bad but i saw worse dmg but not total loss. Sorry if i sound -.- but dun want to bring up red devil's hopes of insurer "most" prob will give total loss.
aural
aural

Back to top Go down

Post by impact2001 29th November 2009, 1:03 am

i wonder how is Redevil car status now?
impact2001
impact2001

Back to top Go down

Post by ReDeViL 30th November 2009, 12:32 am

impact2001 wrote:i wonder how is Redevil car status now?

its still at the C&C @ Pandan....hehe

went down a few days ago to pass the staff some documents...then took a look at my ride...

damaged parts almost totally removed except boot and windscreen......

bad news is that they will have to remove the engine to get to a part to replace which is unreachable....
means repair will take a bit longer....

3 more weeks and counting....

just to detract a little.....i am driving the car provided by AIG to cover this period where my ride is under repair...
is this covered till i get my car back or only 15 days?
insurance say cover 15 days.....car rental agreement say till i get my car...lol....
which is which?
ReDeViL
ReDeViL

Back to top Go down

Post by aural 30th November 2009, 12:34 am

ReDeViL wrote:

went down a few days ago to pass the staff some documents...then took a look at my ride...

bad news is that they will have to remove the engine to get to a part to replace which is unreachable....

just to detract a little.....i am driving the car provided by AIG to cover this period where my ride is under repair...
insurance say cover 15 days.....car rental agreement say till i get my car...lol....
which is which?

Usually there is a limit to the number of days for the courtesy car. Better check, cos the rental agreement most prob is not from AIG but the rental car company which they do not car if you pay or the insurer pay.
aural
aural

Back to top Go down

Post by miko komi 30th November 2009, 12:43 am

You not at fault ... You can claim the cost of the rental car from your insurance company (AIG).... Car involved in serious accident.....sianz... - Page 2 Icon_arrow i guess you can use the car until your car is out from the workshop.
miko komi
miko komi

Back to top Go down

Post by aural 30th November 2009, 1:00 am

miko komi wrote:You not at fault ... You can claim the cost of the rental car from your insurance company (AIG).... Car involved in serious accident.....sianz... - Page 2 Icon_arrow i guess you can use the car until your car is out from the workshop.

Usually if it is not our fault, we will claim the loss of use from 3rd party so how long also dun really matters. But this situation, he is claiming OD i assume so really depends how the case goes and if the 3rd party claims can go thru without problem. Else i'm just worried his additional loss of use in excess of the norm might have to be borne by himself.
aural
aural

Back to top Go down

Post by dreamzzlandz 30th November 2009, 1:28 am

ReDevil, Sorry to hear what had happened to your so new forte.. ( only 40days old) ... when I see the picture, I can feel very heartpain for you.. ( My bf's forte also got a little small dent on the back, I also feel sad for the car so I can feel for you..imagine a perfect ride turning into such a state)

from your descriptions, the reckless + drunk biker seem also badly injured.. since he managed to damage your car to quite a great extent. but glad that he is safe, and most important you are safe!

Dont worry too much, you are on the winning side , because he was drunk riding! ( but just so sway met with a foreign rider)

I not too sure how insurance side work.. but hopefully your car damage can be borne by the insurance company, so that it wont burnt your pocket..

Take care bro! Car involved in serious accident.....sianz... - Page 2 612380
dreamzzlandz
dreamzzlandz

Back to top Go down

Post by sagi73 1st December 2009, 10:17 pm

Wa lao, so jim! So ma huan!

In Malaysia the same case. The insurance agent told me before that even if the biker is at fault, they still claim bodily injury. At the end, we still lose NCB. As for your case, wouldn't the TP charge that fella first? If the insurance didn't cover, he sure go to jail. Where got money to pay summons or fine? Not to mention your claim.

sagi73

Back to top Go down

Post by Elixir99 2nd December 2009, 12:30 am

sagi73 wrote:Wa lao, so jim! So ma huan!

In Malaysia the same case. The insurance agent told me before that even if the biker is at fault, they still claim bodily injury. At the end, we still lose NCB. As for your case, wouldn't the TP charge that fella first? If the insurance didn't cover, he sure go to jail. Where got money to pay summons or fine? Not to mention your claim.

Provided this guy is still in S'pore by then Laughing
Elixir99
Elixir99

Back to top Go down

Post by Bed 3rd December 2009, 12:29 am

ReDeViL wrote:

which is which?

You claiming OD? Then it covers 15 days. 3rd party claim then insurance covers till you get your car. Rental agreement is not wrong as you can drive as long as your car is still in the workshop. However after the 15 days cover, somebody (definitely not AIG) is going to pay for the extra days. Better to check with C&C whether they are doing OD claim or 3rd party claim for you. Talk to Ms Loi. She's the most responsible and informed SA in C&C Pandan and she can definitely help you. If OD, tell her your insurance only covers for 15 days and ask her to expedite the repair for you.
Bed
Bed

Back to top Go down

Post by Potatoes 3rd December 2009, 7:43 am

What did the AIG say about the estimated cost of the damage?
My recent minor accident involving a van, which reverses and hit my front (side), already cost me $4000 Car involved in serious accident.....sianz... - Page 2 Icon_cry .

Come to think about it.... sometimes we r in this position cos of the fault of another person .... but what to do?
Potatoes
Potatoes

Back to top Go down

Post by aural 3rd December 2009, 9:16 am

Potatoes wrote:What did the AIG say about the estimated cost of the damage?
My recent minor accident involving a van, which reverses and hit my front (side), already cost me $4000 Car involved in serious accident.....sianz... - Page 2 Icon_cry .

Come to think about it.... sometimes we r in this position cos of the fault of another person .... but what to do?

I have to say this ia super suck thumb situation.
Myself included had been in such situation (i.e other people's fault but just no witness)
For insurance side, they can only judge based on evidence, witness accounts and court hearings ( if any) to do the payout accordingly.

For me there is a bar to look at 80-20.
Usually if you are deemed (though not your fault) to be the driver at fault, you can inform the insurer of that you are happy or unhappy with the decision made (i.e the court rule you are 70% at fault) and they will be able to see if they can proceed with a hearing to lower ur liability. If the situation does not look good, by increasing ur liabilty to 50/50 might be good enough.

Do note one thing. everytime the case is reviewed, lawyer fees are paid. It is being thrown into the total bill.
e.g 2nd bill 5k and you are liable for 50% i.e 2.5k
But fight another round to lower it to 40% but the lawyer fees comes up to another 2k+ your liable portion also goes back to 2.5k

It did not do your NCD any good but the lawyers earn more fees.

So unless you can be more or less certain to fight the case until 80/20 then getting a 50/50 is good.
My lawyer and the other party's lawyer told each of us that our chances very high. (normal salesman talk) So the other party initially was awward 70/30 he wanted to push to 80/20 but ended up 50/50.
aural
aural

Back to top Go down

Post by Arshavin 3rd December 2009, 9:25 am

just finish the guy off in hospital

Arshavin

Back to top Go down

Post by KingJerry 3rd December 2009, 6:13 pm

aural wrote:

Myself included had been in such situation (i.e other people's fault but just no witness)
For insurance side, they can only judge based on evidence, witness accounts and court hearings ( if any) to do the payout accordingly.

Usually if you are deemed (though not your fault) to be the driver at fault, you can inform the insurer of that you are happy or unhappy with the decision made (i.e the court rule you are 70% at fault) and they will be able to see if they can proceed with a hearing to lower ur liability. If the situation does not look good, by increasing ur liabilty to 50/50 might be good enough.

Do note one thing. everytime the case is reviewed, lawyer fees are paid. It is being thrown into the total bill.
But fight another round to lower it to 40% but the lawyer fees comes up to another 2k+ your liable portion also goes back to 2.5k

So unless you can be more or less certain to fight the case until 80/20 then getting a 50/50 is good.
My lawyer and the other party's lawyer told each of us that our chances very high. (normal salesman talk) So the other party initially was awward 70/30 he wanted to push to 80/20 but ended up 50/50.

I learnt this last night. It's call comparative negligence!

thumbsup tongue
KingJerry
KingJerry

Back to top Go down

Post by JuanST 3rd December 2009, 6:17 pm

KingJerry wrote:
aural wrote:

Car involved in serious accident.....sianz... - Page 2 332362 Car involved in serious accident.....sianz... - Page 2 Icon_tongue

once i settle my issue. i will tell how good aig service is.
JuanST
JuanST

Back to top Go down

Post by Bed 4th December 2009, 12:24 pm

JuanST wrote:
KingJerry wrote:
aural wrote:

Car involved in serious accident.....sianz... - Page 2 332362 Car involved in serious accident.....sianz... - Page 2 Icon_tongue

once i settle my issue. i will tell how good aig service is.

What happen? What's the issue?
Bed
Bed

Back to top Go down

Post by ReDeViL 4th December 2009, 7:04 pm

just dropped by pandan gardens today to return my rental car covered by AIG....

then went to the workshop to take a look at my ride....

Car involved in serious accident.....sianz... - Page 2 4157041519_ba4b7f831d

i could have collected the car today if not for crappy C&C service......

they called me today in the morning to say car cannot collect today, can only collect tomolo coz bumper got scratch need to touch up spray.....i was like wtf???

when i went to the workshop to look at my car.....i realised that there were no scratches...... Car involved in serious accident.....sianz... - Page 2 Confused
then i realised what had gone wrong...
i had told them initially when the car was sent in NOT to drill the additional four holes in my front bumper as i wanted to do my own license plate.....
sadly...upon inspection of my bumper.....they had already gone ahead to drill the holes...... Car involved in serious accident.....sianz... - Page 2 316913
approached the service guy and he then admitted that its becoz they have to change the bumper for me coz of this.... Car involved in serious accident.....sianz... - Page 2 Icon_mad thats why delay a full day then can collect car......zzzzzzzzzz

additionally....i have originally swopped the front "square" license plate to the rear to make it look better....realised upon inspection that they had swopped out my "square" one with the rectangular one...told me its brand new have to charge me for it....
i was like wtf again.. Car involved in serious accident.....sianz... - Page 2 Confused
demanded that they get me back my old license plate and better dun charge me for what doesnt need to be changed.... Car involved in serious accident.....sianz... - Page 2 Icon_evil

overall.....thats crappy C&C servicing ...guys do take note.....
haiz....i had tot pandan garden serve should be better...guess not. Car involved in serious accident.....sianz... - Page 2 Icon_evil

on the bright side.....at least i am getting my ride sooner than i thought..... Car involved in serious accident.....sianz... - Page 2 Icon_cool
should be meeting up with you guys for the next meetup Car involved in serious accident.....sianz... - Page 2 332362
ReDeViL
ReDeViL

Back to top Go down

Post by waypoint 4th December 2009, 8:48 pm

Alignment, alignment, ALIGNMENT!

From uniform gaps/spacing between all body panels to accurate(steering) wheel tracking.

Also, stand some distance away from your car when parked on a flat, level road. Walk all around the car to make sure it's not slanted or tilted(lop-sided) where it's not supposed to be. Do this when you collect your car and once more after driving for some time(e.g. when you reach home).

Many more things to check, really. You could even get an inspection done by AA to ascertain the quality of the technical aspects and alignment work after the car is repaired. These days, model-specific jigs and fixtures are used to ensure tight tolerances are achieved. C&C should have all these.

BR,
w a y
waypoint
waypoint

Back to top Go down

Post by aural 4th December 2009, 11:42 pm

Good to hear that.
Remember to check your alignment of your car. I know some cars may feel weird after a major repair especially the wheel alignment.
aural
aural

Back to top Go down

Post by ReDeViL 5th December 2009, 2:16 am

hmm....noted....

though to be fair.......despite the car looking pretty badly knocked up from the acident..damage was largely cosmetic other than the radiator...rest are all the panels.....i'm just happy suspension/engine never kena...

will be opening my ears and ears big big though when i collect my ride....
butt also will make sure super sensitive to any changes... Car involved in serious accident.....sianz... - Page 2 Icon_lol
ReDeViL
ReDeViL

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next