Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» assay
Had an accident- Need advice Empty4th August 2011, 10:13 pm by Guest

» APP Leading Website Generator
Had an accident- Need advice Empty4th August 2011, 11:47 am by Guest

» check-up
Had an accident- Need advice Empty4th August 2011, 10:03 am by Guest

» Blu-ray to iPad Ripper lift Blu glimmer DVD movies quest of iPad
Had an accident- Need advice Empty4th August 2011, 8:24 am by Guest

» ubiquitous
Had an accident- Need advice Empty4th August 2011, 6:07 am by Guest

» South african indian dating. Nz internet dating.
Had an accident- Need advice Empty3rd August 2011, 8:57 pm by Guest

» WHAT CREEPY IDEA ON YOUTUBE HASN'T ALREADY BEEN DONE YET?
Had an accident- Need advice Empty3rd August 2011, 7:30 pm by Guest

» buy facebook fan f8
Had an accident- Need advice Empty3rd August 2011, 3:15 pm by Guest

» division
Had an accident- Need advice Empty3rd August 2011, 11:43 am by Guest

RSS feeds

MSN 

Had an accident- Need advice

+2
Terrier
Helix
6 posters

Go down

Had an accident- Need advice Empty Had an accident- Need advice

Post by Helix 6th November 2009, 11:52 pm

I've just met an accident abt an hour ago, I had to jam braked to avoid hitting a taxi as he picking up speed slowly, then braked...i didn't hit him but suddenly a motorcyclist hit my rear...the knn taxi driver then sped off....

my bumper was dented and damaged. We had exchange our particulars and i told the motorcyclist i will let him know the cost of the damage.

My questions:

1. Should i go to CnC to repair or normal workshop?

2. What if the motorcyclist decide to claim insurance? does it affect my insurance as well?

Helix

Back to top Go down

Had an accident- Need advice Empty Re: Had an accident- Need advice

Post by Terrier 6th November 2009, 11:57 pm

poor motorcyclist.. but at least he's safe and alive..
Terrier
Terrier

Back to top Go down

Post by aural 6th November 2009, 11:59 pm

Helix wrote:I've just met an accident abt an hour ago, I had to jam braked to avoid hitting a taxi as he picking up speed slowly, then braked...i didn't hit him but suddenly a motorcyclist hit my rear...the knn taxi driver then sped off....

my bumper was dented and damaged. We had exchange our particulars and i told the motorcyclist i will let him know the cost of the damage.

My questions:

1. Should i go to CnC to repair or normal workshop?

2. What if the motorcyclist decide to claim insurance? does it affect my insurance as well?

Actually i think the important part is to inform your insurer about this accident. Try to meet the other driver to fill up the SAS report with both of your signatures. One set for him and one set for you. This is to prevent the motor cyclist from telling a different story.

After this is done,

1. You can go to C&C to get it repair.

2. Your situation will be actually a 3rd party claim so it should not affect your NCD if the claim is done correctly.
aural
aural

Back to top Go down

Post by impact2001 7th November 2009, 12:01 am

First of all, u had to make an accidental reporting to your insurance within 24 hrs in case you encounter similar case like this.

http://www.ceratoforte.forumotion.com/general-discussion-for-cars-only-f30/are-you-prepared-for-an-accident-and-its-claim-t1852.htm?sid=7a745957d1e6b7cdb6ee01f51f0e05fb

Get CnC to access the dmg and get it replaced. Not sure other workshop able to find a forte bumper replacement or not as aftermarket spares aren't readily much available ard sg.

As for your question2, if you had taken photos.. the motorcyclist would be hard to challenge u. if you nv, then pray hard this motorcyclist dun accuse you back..

So normally it would be best to get the motorcyclist to sign black and white (a simple draft out one also can) to admit is his fault.
impact2001
impact2001

Back to top Go down

Post by aural 7th November 2009, 12:05 am

impact2001 wrote:First of all, u had to make an accidental reporting to your insurance within 24 hrs in case you encounter similar case like this.

http://www.ceratoforte.forumotion.com/general-discussion-for-cars-only-f30/are-you-prepared-for-an-accident-and-its-claim-t1852.htm?sid=7a745957d1e6b7cdb6ee01f51f0e05fb

Get CnC to access the dmg and get it replaced. Not sure other workshop able to find a forte bumper replacement or not as aftermarket spares aren't readily much available ard sg.

As for your question2, if you had taken photos.. the motorcyclist would be hard to challenge u. if you nv, then pray hard this motorcyclist dun accuse you back..

So normally it would be best to get the motorcyclist to sign black and white (a simple draft out one also can) to admit is his fault.

Yah, as much as you pity the motor cyclist, you have to protect yourself from wrongful accusation.

Even if photos were taken, if people really want to accuse you wrongly they can do many things like say you suddenly cut into the lane without signalling.

Remember when it comes to money, especially suddenly they worry about the claim becoming few grand, it is not uncommon to see that people can say things that are totally against their conscience.
aural
aural

Back to top Go down

Post by Helix 7th November 2009, 12:12 am

aural wrote:
impact2001 wrote:First of all, u had to make an accidental reporting to your insurance within 24 hrs in case you encounter similar case like this.

Yah, as much as you pity the motor cyclist, you have to protect yourself from wrongful accusation.

Even if photos were taken, if people really want to accuse you wrongly they can do many things like say you suddenly cut into the lane without signalling.

Remember when it comes to money, especially suddenly they worry about the claim becoming few grand, it is not uncommon to see that people can say things that are totally against their conscience.

I've tried to take some pictures but it was damn dark...poor camera phone:(..the motorcyclist is a young chap, and i've strong feelings that he will claim insurance...my wife managed to get the taxi driver's number but i don't know if it helps with anything...

Helix

Back to top Go down

Post by aural 7th November 2009, 12:17 am

Actually i think no case against the taxi. You did stop in time and did not hit the taxi but the bike did not stop in time either due to no safety distance or something else.

Remember hor, he claim insurance doesn't mean he cannot come up with some **** and bull story. Remember from now till monday is 3 days. After talking to a few people, he might just come up with some story.
aural
aural

Back to top Go down

Post by JuanST 7th November 2009, 5:37 am

anyway cnc might tell u that they dun handle 3rd party claim....and if ever they handle, they will wait untiil the 3rd party agree to paybefore doing repair.
JuanST
JuanST

Back to top Go down

Post by Potatoes 7th November 2009, 6:27 am

Goto CnC.... look for this person call Martin Loo.... he can advice u on the insurance claim.... do it withing 24hrs.... don't do u own repair cos the car is still under warranty....
Potatoes
Potatoes

Back to top Go down

Post by aural 7th November 2009, 8:32 am

JuanST wrote:anyway cnc might tell u that they dun handle 3rd party claim....and if ever they handle, they will wait untiil the 3rd party agree to paybefore doing repair.

Most workshops handle 3rd party claims. That is also one of the "service rendered" even if your insurance is not with them.

Potatoes wrote:Goto CnC.... look for this person call Martin Loo.... he can advice u on the insurance claim.... do it withing 24hrs.... don't do u own repair cos the car is still under warranty....

Though you may think the damages might be mild but do send in for check with C&C. New car i think might be good to be able to drive with a piece of mind subsequently.
aural
aural

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down