Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» assay
Urgently need expert advice... Empty4th August 2011, 10:13 pm by Guest

» APP Leading Website Generator
Urgently need expert advice... Empty4th August 2011, 11:47 am by Guest

» check-up
Urgently need expert advice... Empty4th August 2011, 10:03 am by Guest

» Blu-ray to iPad Ripper lift Blu glimmer DVD movies quest of iPad
Urgently need expert advice... Empty4th August 2011, 8:24 am by Guest

» ubiquitous
Urgently need expert advice... Empty4th August 2011, 6:07 am by Guest

» South african indian dating. Nz internet dating.
Urgently need expert advice... Empty3rd August 2011, 8:57 pm by Guest

» WHAT CREEPY IDEA ON YOUTUBE HASN'T ALREADY BEEN DONE YET?
Urgently need expert advice... Empty3rd August 2011, 7:30 pm by Guest

» buy facebook fan f8
Urgently need expert advice... Empty3rd August 2011, 3:15 pm by Guest

» division
Urgently need expert advice... Empty3rd August 2011, 11:43 am by Guest

RSS feeds

MSN 

Urgently need expert advice...

5 posters

Go down

Urgently need expert advice... Empty Urgently need expert advice...

Post by black knight 9th January 2010, 12:42 am

Hi there everybody i'm a newbie and just bought a black koup(24/12/2009 the day i got my car)...i really need advice from the experience and also the expert advice on the said things....

1)My car is coming to 923km....so at what advice km should i send for servicing.
2)Which is the prefered place or recommended place to go for servicing(still under warranty).
3)If servicing should i remain mineral or syntectic oil(Which oil should i choose or will they use the standard one)
4)Must i pay anything for my servicing?.
5)Normally what will the mechanics do during the servicing other then changing the oil.

Really appreciate if of you can help me in this... Smile

black knight

Back to top Go down

Urgently need expert advice... Empty Re: Urgently need expert advice...

Post by waypoint 9th January 2010, 12:51 am

Well, other than pilfering stuff and other bits you've installed on your own, they'd usually scratch or ding or car to hell and claim that everything is fine and dandy even if you observe that there may be certain things which need looking into. They might also give you a complimentary extra quart of engine oil, over and above what is the maximum, just-in-case.

And oh yes, don't forget to collect your very own copy of that pamphlet that tells you you're just too darn sensitive to whatever maybe wrong with your car... It's all in YOUR imagination... Urgently need expert advice... Suspect
waypoint
waypoint

Back to top Go down

Post by waypoint 9th January 2010, 12:52 am

Btw, I'm no expert... Urgently need expert advice... Icon_clown
waypoint
waypoint

Back to top Go down

Post by lukester 9th January 2010, 1:02 am

waypoint wrote:Well, other than pilfering stuff and other bits you've installed on your own, they'd usually scratch or ding or car to hell and claim that everything is fine and dandy even if you observe that there may be certain things which need looking into. They might also give you a complimentary extra quart of engine oil, over and above what is the maximum, just-in-case.

And oh yes, don't forget to collect your very own copy of that pamphlet that tells you you're just too darn sensitive to whatever maybe wrong with your car... It's all in YOUR imagination... Urgently need expert advice... Suspect

all of the above mentioned are true.

as for payment, I think you'll need to pay 54dollars, about there for labour.

as for when u should go? I think u can make online appointment liao. cos there is a long queue. I doubt u will get next saturday slot. but its fine, can always go on a day they open late. cant rem now is it thursday or weds. So make appointment, drop ur car early in the morning, then go work, evening if they open late that day u can collect before 9pm so u wont have to waste a day of leave.
lukester
lukester

Back to top Go down

Post by black knight 9th January 2010, 1:05 am

Any advice if i should change to syntectic oil or mineral...if syntectic oil what brand are they using....so its ok to send for my first 1000km rite...

black knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Juz@kid 9th January 2010, 1:08 am

black knight wrote:Hi there everybody i'm a newbie and just bought a black koup(24/12/2009 the day i got my car)...i really need advice from the experience and also the expert advice on the said things....

1)My car is coming to 923km....so at what advice km should i send for servicing.
2)Which is the prefered place or recommended place to go for servicing(still under warranty).
3)If servicing should i remain mineral or syntectic oil(Which oil should i choose or will they use the standard one)
4)Must i pay anything for my servicing?.
5)Normally what will the mechanics do during the servicing other then changing the oil.

Really appreciate if of you can help me in this... Smile

1. can start send in for 1k servicing.
2. 3 places... Leng Kee, Ubi or Upper Thomson Shell.
3. normally for 1k, they will put in mineral oil.
4. u need to pay for e oil change bout $50+. labour free.
5. they will do their norm stuff. its u shld ask them wat to do. things dat need to rectify eg. handbrake (does e car roll back after e handbrake been pull to e max) etc etc
Juz@kid
Juz@kid

Back to top Go down

Post by lukester 9th January 2010, 1:20 am

black knight wrote:Any advice if i should change to syntectic oil or mineral...if syntectic oil what brand are they using....so its ok to send for my first 1000km rite...

dont waste money on synthetic oil now, u will service again in 3month's time.

anyway the oil should be shell
lukester
lukester

Back to top Go down

Post by black knight 9th January 2010, 1:24 am

Ok if i still remain at mineral oil do i still have to follow the rules and regulation whereby i cant go more that 3rpm and to maintain at 80-110 km....

black knight

Back to top Go down

Post by winn 9th January 2010, 1:40 am

congrats on your black koup!

just remember to do your servicing withC&C, esp since you got 5yr warranty. of cse, there have been cases where pple do servicing outside then fight till they get their faulty pairs changed for free.

that said also, my previous kia, i serviced all the way there, and there was air-con problem.. i still have to fight to get it changed.. hahahah. Very Happy

first 1K, mineral, 5k, can mineral if you want, then every 10k i do synthetic. firstly it reduces my servicing to 10k intervals, hence slightly cheaper... plus more importantly see the C & C service centre less. its an utter waste of time.

after warranty i usually go outside, so much faster. not to mention cheaper.
winn
winn

Back to top Go down

Post by black knight 9th January 2010, 12:07 pm

aite bro thanks for the advice..i tought 1k an use syntectic oil.hehe

black knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down