Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» assay
My 3 weeks old Forte going for a facelift - Page 2 Empty4th August 2011, 10:13 pm by Guest

» APP Leading Website Generator
My 3 weeks old Forte going for a facelift - Page 2 Empty4th August 2011, 11:47 am by Guest

» check-up
My 3 weeks old Forte going for a facelift - Page 2 Empty4th August 2011, 10:03 am by Guest

» Blu-ray to iPad Ripper lift Blu glimmer DVD movies quest of iPad
My 3 weeks old Forte going for a facelift - Page 2 Empty4th August 2011, 8:24 am by Guest

» ubiquitous
My 3 weeks old Forte going for a facelift - Page 2 Empty4th August 2011, 6:07 am by Guest

» South african indian dating. Nz internet dating.
My 3 weeks old Forte going for a facelift - Page 2 Empty3rd August 2011, 8:57 pm by Guest

» WHAT CREEPY IDEA ON YOUTUBE HASN'T ALREADY BEEN DONE YET?
My 3 weeks old Forte going for a facelift - Page 2 Empty3rd August 2011, 7:30 pm by Guest

» buy facebook fan f8
My 3 weeks old Forte going for a facelift - Page 2 Empty3rd August 2011, 3:15 pm by Guest

» division
My 3 weeks old Forte going for a facelift - Page 2 Empty3rd August 2011, 11:43 am by Guest

RSS feeds

MSN 

My 3 weeks old Forte going for a facelift

+23
Fortec
nothing
Terrier
KingJerry
Blacks
amerimacka
miko komi
liplip
keigo
kapitan
jeRrRKKKK
The Blue Cruiser
FriesL
jl1500k
aural
danielg
ano57
Siaoster
JuanST
ace
Potatoes
mosabnet
Bed
27 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

My 3 weeks old Forte going for a facelift - Page 2 Empty Re: My 3 weeks old Forte going for a facelift

Post by aural 9th November 2009, 11:11 pm

From the pic if we take the visual estimation from both rears, the impact from bed to mada looks bigger then vios to bed's car. But look at the vios front and bed's front. We know which has a better front.
aural
aural

Back to top Go down

My 3 weeks old Forte going for a facelift - Page 2 Empty Re: My 3 weeks old Forte going for a facelift

Post by aural 9th November 2009, 11:14 pm

Siaoster wrote:
Blacks wrote:This is the worst case scenario i ALWAYS anticipated on the road. On highway when any cars follow behind me and I can't see their head lamp i'll tap brake Intermittently to signal them. May not eliminate accident but at least reduce the impact and keep me alive to go back to my family.

Sad to say even if u do that....some don even bother about your signalling to them....especially those that has "I am faster than you" or "I am in a hurry", "get out of my way" ego.....only when things happen then they regret..... My 3 weeks old Forte going for a facelift - Page 2 Icon_evil

I am a slow coach, usually drive on expressways 80-100km/h. So i try to keep to lane 2 unless 2 is heavy. Lane 1 for me only for over-taking unless slow traffic at lane 2. No point staying there at 90km/h let others use the lane 1 to speed. My 3 weeks old Forte going for a facelift - Page 2 Icon_biggrin
aural
aural

Back to top Go down

Post by KingJerry 10th November 2009, 12:13 am

OPS, see wrongly. Just realised your forte kissed the back of the mazda.

But the mazda seriously look more badly damaged as compared to the front of your forte.

Nevertheless, it sucks to be in your situation. Sad
KingJerry
KingJerry

Back to top Go down

Post by KingJerry 10th November 2009, 12:15 am

BTW, actually the pregnant lady quite poor thing. She's pregnant and most likely was driving very cautiously (hence the e-brake 6/7 cars away from the skidded car).

She caring for 2 lives instead of 1..
KingJerry
KingJerry

Back to top Go down

Post by Bed 10th November 2009, 1:21 am

KingJerry wrote:But Bed you never hit the car infront of you right?

I brake just a few cm away from vehicle 5 (Mazda 3). Vehicle 5 then try to filter out. Next sec I hear and feel 2 bangs and my car is pushed forward to hit vehicle 5 My 3 weeks old Forte going for a facelift - Page 2 Icon_sad

Frankly, I have been evaluating and thinking of how to avoid such accident in the future. My wife suggests me not to use lane 1 on expressway. I don't agree. But these few days I drive like an old uncle on lane 1. I keep more than 2 cars distance from front car. I also keep reminding myself be ready to slow down or stop. When I see brake light of front cars flashed, I will step on my brake. I am hoping my new method of driving on Singapore road will not annoy anybody My 3 weeks old Forte going for a facelift - Page 2 Icon_lol Also hoping to avoid chain collision from happening again. My 3 weeks old Forte going for a facelift - Page 2 Icon_evil
Bed
Bed

Back to top Go down

Post by KingJerry 10th November 2009, 1:29 am

It's really unfortunate.. but i guess you're right.. I rather drive slower than jeopardize the lives of my love ones..

Hope you have your car repaired soon.. Smile
KingJerry
KingJerry

Back to top Go down

Post by Bed 10th November 2009, 1:39 am

Terrier wrote:
Blacks wrote:This is the worst case scenario i ALWAYS anticipated on the road. On highway when any cars follow behind me and I can't see their head lamp i'll tap brake Intermittently to signal them. May not eliminate accident but at least reduce the impact and keep me alive to go back to my family.

usually if i dont see the headlight of the car behind me.. i will signal left and let them cross.. remember nv hog the right lane!

but this case the pregnant lady shld on her hazard light while e-braking.. so other car behind knows she's slowly down emergency!!

anyway not many pple can react in such a way..

look at the accident pictures.. can see that mazda metal is quite fragile.. forte can crash so deep in and look forte bonnet did nt bend upwards.. look at the vios bonnet.. crash in with bonnet bended up!

Usually when I see the car behind me chase me up and closing in I definitely give way. Unless the road is congested, then I ignore their "brave act". That's why I got 3x car banged onto my car's back.

On top of hazard light, the pregnant lady should also slow down instead of e-brake, since she got so much braking distance......

That's what I wanted to show of our Forte. Very solid car! My 3 weeks old Forte going for a facelift - Page 2 332362

I used to think that Japanese car are made to CHUI to absorb the impact. But when my Vios banged onto a Camry 2 months back, Camry bumper is only scratches. But My Vios bumper bent in. The old man that drives the Camry was surprise to see the big difference also. After that I concluded that lower end Japanese made cars are made of cheap materials and not to absorb the impact!
Bed
Bed

Back to top Go down

Post by Bed 10th November 2009, 1:45 am

aural wrote:
Siaoster wrote:

Sad to say even if u do that....some don even bother about your signalling to them....especially those that has "I am faster than you" or "I am in a hurry", "get out of my way" ego.....only when things happen then they regret..... My 3 weeks old Forte going for a facelift - Page 2 Icon_evil

I am a slow coach, usually drive on expressways 80-100km/h. So i try to keep to lane 2 unless 2 is heavy. Lane 1 for me only for over-taking unless slow traffic at lane 2. No point staying there at 90km/h let others use the lane 1 to speed. My 3 weeks old Forte going for a facelift - Page 2 Icon_biggrin

Haiz! I love to use lane 1. I used to think that by keeping at least 1 car distance, I am safe. When the front car e-brake, 1 car length is not enough! Then I thought keeping 2 cars length is enough..... Now I keep more than 2 cars length.....
Bed
Bed

Back to top Go down

Post by Bed 10th November 2009, 1:47 am

KingJerry wrote:BTW, actually the pregnant lady quite poor thing. She's pregnant and most likely was driving very cautiously (hence the e-brake 6/7 cars away from the skidded car).

Yeah, that's why a few victims are shouting "Pregnant don't drive car lah!" My 3 weeks old Forte going for a facelift - Page 2 Icon_lol
Bed
Bed

Back to top Go down

Post by Bed 10th November 2009, 1:51 am

KingJerry wrote:It's really unfortunate.. but i guess you're right.. I rather drive slower than jeopardize the lives of my love ones..

Today went to C&C Pandan, my car is still lying down there! My 3 weeks old Forte going for a facelift - Page 2 Icon_evil The lady says they intend to send my car for repair today. Also don't know whether got parts or not, but she estimated will take 2 weeks. If no parts, may extend My 3 weeks old Forte going for a facelift - Page 2 Icon_evil
Bed
Bed

Back to top Go down

Post by Siaoster 10th November 2009, 8:06 am

Bed wrote:
KingJerry wrote:It's really unfortunate.. but i guess you're right.. I rather drive slower than jeopardize the lives of my love ones..

Today went to C&C Pandan, my car is still lying down there! My 3 weeks old Forte going for a facelift - Page 2 Icon_evil The lady says they intend to send my car for repair today. Also don't know whether got parts or not, but she estimated will take 2 weeks. If no parts, may extend My 3 weeks old Forte going for a facelift - Page 2 Icon_evil

but at least got a spare care to get you around in the mean time considered not bad liao leh

i had my bike in the work shop for 1 mth !!!! and i paid that month installment for nothing cos no parts....lucky have a few friends who had spare bikes...if not that one mth will be deadly ~ Evil or Very Mad
Siaoster
Siaoster

Back to top Go down

Post by aural 10th November 2009, 8:15 am

Bed wrote:
Haiz! I love to use lane 1. I used to think that by keeping at least 1 car distance, I am safe. When the front car e-brake, 1 car length is not enough! Then I thought keeping 2 cars length is enough..... Now I keep more than 2 cars length.....

Actually it is not about standard how far but what is our speed at that time. I remember back in learning to drive the instructor taught for E brake must pull handbrake. Now i know why. Also keep a good distance is a good practice no matter where and when. What happened to you will make you a better driver this i believe as i also been through 1 really bad accident but not my fault. Merc Cab cheong red light claiming it is Amber only when he crossed. So now at right turn cross junctions, i'll give more attention to opp vehicles to see if there are potentially cars who want to beat the red lights. People horn is their problem already. My life and my passengers' lives are in my hands. My 3 weeks old Forte going for a facelift - Page 2 Icon_porc
aural
aural

Back to top Go down

Post by ace 10th November 2009, 10:01 am

KingJerry wrote:BTW, actually the pregnant lady quite poor thing. She's pregnant and most likely was driving very cautiously (hence the e-brake 6/7 cars away from the skidded car).

Based on the information given here, I disagreed. I say she is self-centred and fails to understand the dynamics of driving on the expressway.

If she is so caring, why is she in Lane 1?

Bed say the first accident is 6/7 car away.....meaning, there is a big space in front of her.....and again, why is she in Lane 1? She probably cause all the drivers behind her to bunch up.....and when she make the berhenti decision, all hell break loose. This is not a parade square.
While all who bunch up are at fault for doing so.....she probably should take the heavier blame for making bad decisions that resulted in the chain of events.

Of course, the clown who skidded should have his tyres examined....why did it happened? All should forward claimed against him... wonder if there is such a case law? hmm..

ace

Back to top Go down

Post by KingJerry 10th November 2009, 11:09 am

Yea, perhaps ba..

But poor lady.. I bet she is traumatised by both the accident and people cursing her..

No good for the baby..
KingJerry
KingJerry

Back to top Go down

Post by liplip 10th November 2009, 12:12 pm

Regarding the car lengths thing, don't forget to extend more car lengths if you have a full load of family and parents. More load means the car needs a longer braking distance.

I drive in Singapore feels Singapore drivers some are crazy. But don't dare to horn them in their dangerous activity... cos they are also very dangerous when they get off the car and walk to your's. Haiz... In Jakarta when I drive, I hear horning very often because they are telling you that you are making a potential mistake, not always with aggression intended.

liplip

Back to top Go down

Post by nothing 10th November 2009, 1:32 pm

The front of the car is a collapse zone in event of frontal collision while the rear bumper is stiffer to absorb the impact..quite normal to see the back car front part caved in and only slight damage to the front car rear bumper.....nothing to do with thinner materials or so.....
nothing
nothing

Back to top Go down

Post by Bed 11th November 2009, 1:00 pm

Siaoster wrote:
Bed wrote:

but at least got a spare care to get you around in the mean time considered not bad liao leh

i had my bike in the work shop for 1 mth !!!! and i paid that month installment for nothing cos no parts....lucky have a few friends who had spare bikes...if not that one mth will be deadly ~ Evil or Very Mad

1 month!!!??? Hope my case not like that. Hope C&C got spare parts. Looks like My Forte got to celebrate it's 1 month old birthday at workshop My 3 weeks old Forte going for a facelift - Page 2 Icon_sad

Driving courtesy car I very worried leh. The excess is $2,500 My 3 weeks old Forte going for a facelift - Page 2 Affraid Also they do check the car to see got scratches or not before hand over to me. What if it breaks down or kenna scratches by some itchy hand...... I prefer to drive My Forte and no need to worry that much.
Bed
Bed

Back to top Go down

Post by Bed 11th November 2009, 1:04 pm

aural wrote:
Bed wrote:

Actually it is not about standard how far but what is our speed at that time. I remember back in learning to drive the instructor taught for E brake must pull handbrake. Now i know why. Also keep a good distance is a good practice no matter where and when. What happened to you will make you a better driver this i believe as i also been through 1 really bad accident but not my fault. Merc Cab cheong red light claiming it is Amber only when he crossed. So now at right turn cross junctions, i'll give more attention to opp vehicles to see if there are potentially cars who want to beat the red lights. People horn is their problem already. My life and my passengers' lives are in my hands. My 3 weeks old Forte going for a facelift - Page 2 Icon_porc

Hmm... My instructor short change me. He just says step on the brake as hard as possible, even if it stalls, it's ok. Never mention about hand brake.

Yeah, life is precious! Especially if it's others lives in our hands too!
Bed
Bed

Back to top Go down

Post by Bed 11th November 2009, 1:11 pm

ace wrote:

Based on the information given here, I disagreed. I say she is self-centred and fails to understand the dynamics of driving on the expressway.

If she is so caring, why is she in Lane 1?

Bed say the first accident is 6/7 car away.....meaning, there is a big space in front of her.....and again, why is she in Lane 1? She probably cause all the drivers behind her to bunch up.....and when she make the berhenti decision, all hell break loose. This is not a parade square.
While all who bunch up are at fault for doing so.....she probably should take the heavier blame for making bad decisions that resulted in the chain of events.

Of course, the clown who skidded should have his tyres examined....why did it happened? All should forward claimed against him... wonder if there is such a case law? hmm..

HAIZ...... If we can tailor our claims to suit situations, it will be best. But as insurers are losing money in auto insurance, they will minimise all these unnecessary arguments in court and make it a standard procedure. So no one can challenge much.

BTW, a side note. The car that skided and hit the road divider went off before TP or EMAS came. It looks like a moded, more than 10 years old Honda Civic. But I don't think anybody in the mood to care about him.
Bed
Bed

Back to top Go down

Post by Fortec 12th November 2009, 10:55 pm

This is why you keep a big safety distance from the car in front of
you. It's not only for you but it's also for the idiots behind who
likes to tailgate you. Apparently you did not and end up as statistics.
Yeah yeah....heavy traffic ppl will cut in....well at least u don't
have to go through **** like this when **** like this happens.

As for your questions on why BMW also cannot brake in time...MINIMAL
BRAKING DISTANCE duh.....even if you got F1 Brakes...if you don't have
the Minimal braking distance for the respective speed...you will still
hit. Owning the best **** don't guarantee anything if the driver is an
idiot.

Keeping a good safety distance not only allows ample time for u to react, it provide a good buffer for the rear cars as well. On top of that, you get to see cars in front of the front car, allowing u to have earlier apprehension of things to come.

At least no one is injured.
Fortec
Fortec

Back to top Go down

Post by KingJerry 12th November 2009, 11:56 pm

Yea, witness a mini chain collision on AYE today. Reiterating the fact to not tailgate, especially in raining conditions (longer braking distance).

DRIVE SAFE!
KingJerry
KingJerry

Back to top Go down

Post by Bed 13th November 2009, 2:59 am

Yeah, now I keep more than 2 cars distance. Used to think not feasible to keep more than 2 cars distance in Singapore. But now realise it can be done. When other cars cut in, just slow down to maintain more than 2 cars distance. Some how driving using my new method I feel very relax. But it also makes me feel sleepy My 3 weeks old Forte going for a facelift - Page 2 Sleep
Bed
Bed

Back to top Go down

Post by liplip 13th November 2009, 9:41 pm

Bed wrote:Yeah, now I keep more than 2 cars distance. Used to think not feasible to keep more than 2 cars distance in Singapore. But now realise it can be done. When other cars cut in, just slow down to maintain more than 2 cars distance. Some how driving using my new method I feel very relax. But it also makes me feel sleepy My 3 weeks old Forte going for a facelift - Page 2 Sleep

I did have an issue with sleepiness when driving very safely... But then when drive fast heart pump like cannot tahan liao...

In the end, adjusted the seat to be straighter and I think it has solved the sleeping problem to some extent. You can try adjusting...

liplip

Back to top Go down

Post by Bed 14th November 2009, 12:31 am

liplip wrote:
Bed wrote:Yeah, now I keep more than 2 cars distance. Used to think not feasible to keep more than 2 cars distance in Singapore. But now realise it can be done. When other cars cut in, just slow down to maintain more than 2 cars distance. Some how driving using my new method I feel very relax. But it also makes me feel sleepy My 3 weeks old Forte going for a facelift - Page 2 Sleep

I did have an issue with sleepiness when driving very safely... But then when drive fast heart pump like cannot tahan liao...

In the end, adjusted the seat to be straighter and I think it has solved the sleeping problem to some extent. You can try adjusting...

Maybe used to speeding. Now got to keep a distance, so can't speed much. That's why the sleepiness. My seat is quite upright one. I realise it whenever I send car for servicing. When collecting car, realise the mechanics have adjusted the incline and it's like half lying on bed. I wonder how to drive in such position?
Bed
Bed

Back to top Go down

Post by liplip 14th November 2009, 9:02 am

Do you mean you used to be very aggressive in driving in the past? Just need to adjust bah... Saves you a lot of headache in other forms such as speeding tickets should we happen to zoom past a camera or the traffic police.

Forte sound system good, blast it louder. The people in my car always complain too loud cannot chit chat, my excuse is that I am falling asleep.

liplip

Back to top Go down

Post by aural 14th November 2009, 12:40 pm

The sound system too loud until u hit abv 100 u also dunno.
aural
aural

Back to top Go down

Post by KingJerry 14th November 2009, 1:25 pm

aural wrote:The sound system too loud until u hit abv 100 u also dunno.

I second this.. Very very true.. 2 days ago, i was blasting lady gaga music over the ICE and nearly knocked someone down! Base too good, very distracting!

Heng nothing happened, if not i now squatting in jail liao.. dogeyes
KingJerry
KingJerry

Back to top Go down

Post by aural 14th November 2009, 1:29 pm

KingJerry wrote:
aural wrote:The sound system too loud until u hit abv 100 u also dunno.

I second this.. Very very true.. 2 days ago, i was blasting lady gaga music over the ICE and nearly knocked someone down! Base too good, very distracting!

Heng nothing happened, if not i now squatting in jail liao.. My 3 weeks old Forte going for a facelift - Page 2 699370
o.O... careful wor bro.
aural
aural

Back to top Go down

Post by liplip 14th November 2009, 3:23 pm

Don't blame the audio lah... Later my wife prohibit loud music. Can really kunz...

liplip

Back to top Go down

Post by Spiritseye 14th November 2009, 3:58 pm

Sorry to hear about the accident but thankfully no one was injured!

Really must anticipate while driving. When driving along expressway, when i encounter a 'goondu' driver who brakes for no apparent reasons, best to stay far away (4-5 car lengths) or move to another lane.

Always make a quick check on all your mirrors (wing and rear mirrors) before or while braking. Good habit to check frequently too even not braking and casually driving.

Checking wing mirror for all clear when u no time to brake and confirm will hit the front, swerve towards the other lane. But of cause , if u swerve will have chance of skidding, thats where u must know how to control ya vehicle in fast speed.

Dont speed , drive safe! better be late than never arriving at all!
Spiritseye
Spiritseye

Back to top Go down

Post by Bed 14th November 2009, 9:47 pm

liplip wrote:Do you mean you used to be very aggressive in driving in the past? Just need to adjust bah... Saves you a lot of headache in other forms such as speeding tickets should we happen to zoom past a camera or the traffic police.

Forte sound system good, blast it louder. The people in my car always complain too loud cannot chit chat, my excuse is that I am falling asleep.

No lah. Not aggressive, just like to speed whenever possible. For my years of driving, never got any issues with TP. Though colleagues and friends who haven't got into any accident got more than 10 points deducted. All my past accidents are within speed limit. I keep myself wide awake by speeding. (Sound illogical hor? But it applies to me) Now trying to adjust and adapt......

Yeah, our sound system very good. But too old for blasting music, especially with family.
Bed
Bed

Back to top Go down

Post by Bed 14th November 2009, 9:54 pm

Spiritseye wrote:Sorry to hear about the accident but thankfully no one was injured!

Really must anticipate while driving. When driving along expressway, when i encounter a 'goondu' driver who brakes for no apparent reasons, best to stay far away (4-5 car lengths) or move to another lane.

Always make a quick check on all your mirrors (wing and rear mirrors) before or while braking. Good habit to check frequently too even not braking and casually driving.

Checking wing mirror for all clear when u no time to brake and confirm will hit the front, swerve towards the other lane. But of cause , if u swerve will have chance of skidding, thats where u must know how to control ya vehicle in fast speed.

Dont speed , drive safe! better be late than never arriving at all!

Yeah, I usually anticipate to situation and not react to it. But still not always anticipate correctly, this accident is 1 good example. The most improtant thing is learn through mistakes. I now understand why there are cars who keep more than 3 cars distance from the car in front. I used to brand these drivers "uncle" or "mercedes driver". However, now I am learning to use their method......
Bed
Bed

Back to top Go down

Post by Blacks 14th November 2009, 10:05 pm

Yes. I'm one of the 33 yrs old Uncle.

"Kia See" on the public road.
Hell Racer on the circuit track (Still Waiting to own EVO X).
Blacks
Blacks

Back to top Go down

Post by Bed 15th November 2009, 4:36 pm

Blacks wrote:Yes. I'm one of the 33 yrs old Uncle.

33 years old uncle? Haiz... I think my new method of driving nowadays will not annoy anybody. People will understand a 35 years old driving style. My 3 weeks old Forte going for a facelift - Page 2 Icon_lol I think I have to admit my age and drives like my age.....
Bed
Bed

Back to top Go down

Post by Bed 15th November 2009, 4:38 pm

I think this coming week My Forte will be discharging from "ward". I am very excited in waiting to receive her. It's like I am collecting her at day 1.....
Bed
Bed

Back to top Go down

Post by Siaoster 16th November 2009, 12:17 am

Bed wrote:I think this coming week My Forte will be discharging from "ward". I am very excited in waiting to receive her. It's like I am collecting her at day 1.....

haha congrats ! brand new feel issint haa
Siaoster
Siaoster

Back to top Go down

Post by liplip 16th November 2009, 12:33 pm

Bed wrote:

33 years old uncle? Haiz... I think my new method of driving nowadays will not annoy anybody. People will understand a 35 years old driving style. My 3 weeks old Forte going for a facelift - Page 2 Icon_lol I think I have to admit my age and drives like my age.....

Why is it that Singapore cars don't like uncle driver meh? I am under
30 but I drive like uncle because I learned from my father and that is
a good thing --> I still want to be alive for my family...

I especially dislike those who chiong so hard... cut in my lane with
less than half a metre to spare an accident... my heart missed a skip,
need to ask him to pay me damages for one skipped beat and the
discomfort...

liplip

Back to top Go down

Post by aural 16th November 2009, 12:46 pm

Siaoster wrote:
Bed wrote:I think this coming week My Forte will be discharging from "ward". I am very excited in waiting to receive her. It's like I am collecting her at day 1.....

Good to hear that. coming to MU?
aural
aural

Back to top Go down

Post by JuanST 16th November 2009, 12:47 pm

be sure that u can still recognise after the facelift.....
some facelift remove 10years age from the face,,, My 3 weeks old Forte going for a facelift - Page 2 Icon_smile
JuanST
JuanST

Back to top Go down

Post by Bed 16th November 2009, 2:04 pm

Siaoster wrote:

Thanks. Today no news from C&C. Think not today. Hopefully tomorrow. My ride too early for facelift. Should did it after 2 years when the feel and smell is gone My 3 weeks old Forte going for a facelift - Page 2 Icon_twisted
Bed
Bed

Back to top Go down

Post by Bed 16th November 2009, 2:46 pm

liplip wrote:
Bed wrote:

Why is it that Singapore cars don't like uncle driver meh? I am under
30 but I drive like uncle because I learned from my father and that is
a good thing --> I still want to be alive for my family...

I especially dislike those who chiong so hard... cut in my lane with
less than half a metre to spare an accident... my heart missed a skip,
need to ask him to pay me damages for one skipped beat and the
discomfort...

I think everybody has different style of driving. Also everybody thinks they drive correctly. When different styles meet, usually one will curse and swear at each other. I hate aggressive drivers on the road. I avoid over cautious drivers too. These are drivers which are fairly unpredictable. But if you were to ask them, they will arguably say they are right. I speed, but there are a few principles I keep in my mind. Never tail-gate, always check blind spot and then signal and check then filter and never race with another car.

Before my chain collision, there's an Avante who keeps filtering in and out of lane 1. Everytime when he filters back to lane 1, he's no where further but in front of me only. Then he will follow bumper-to-bumper with the car in front. There's twice I wanted to close the gap with the front car and he squeezes in. Thinking back, I think I am emotionally affected and I keep around 1 1/2 car distance only. Too bad he exited at Thomson Rd. If not I will crash onto him but I also feel "SONG"! To me this Avante driver is too aggressive and inconsiderate. But I think he will still think he is right.

My previous accident, I saw the Camry is keeping 3 to 4 cars distance from the front car moving around 80 to 90 km/hr on lane 1. I thought he would have more than enough space to slow down if there's a jam. I keep only around 1 car distance. When the front car brakes, this Camry driver immediately jam brake. To him, he thinks he is right to jam brake and I am following him too closely.

I think from my last 2 accidents, there's 1 common error I committed. I didn't keep a safe distance. So nowadays I keep 2 to 4 cars distance and when the cars in front brake, I will immediately step on the brake and keep mininum 2 cars distance until the front car stops then I close the gap.
Bed
Bed

Back to top Go down

Post by Bed 16th November 2009, 2:47 pm

aural wrote:
Siaoster wrote:

Thanks My 3 weeks old Forte going for a facelift - Page 2 Icon_smile Too shy to MU. My 3 weeks old Forte going for a facelift - Page 2 Icon_redface
Bed
Bed

Back to top Go down

Post by Bed 16th November 2009, 2:48 pm

JuanST wrote:be sure that u can still recognise after the facelift.....
some facelift remove 10years age from the face,,, My 3 weeks old Forte going for a facelift - Page 2 Icon_smile

Bro, not me, but my ride going for facelift My 3 weeks old Forte going for a facelift - Page 2 Icon_biggrin
Bed
Bed

Back to top Go down

Post by Blacks 16th November 2009, 10:22 pm

Bed wrote:

I think everybody has different style of driving. Also everybody thinks they drive correctly. When different styles meet, usually one will curse and swear at each other. I hate aggressive drivers on the road. I avoid over cautious drivers too. These are drivers which are fairly unpredictable. But if you were to ask them, they will arguably say they are right. I speed, but there are a few principles I keep in my mind. Never tail-gate, always check blind spot and then signal and check then filter and never race with another car.

Before my chain collision, there's an Avante who keeps filtering in and out of lane 1. Everytime when he filters back to lane 1, he's no where further but in front of me only. Then he will follow bumper-to-bumper with the car in front. There's twice I wanted to close the gap with the front car and he squeezes in. Thinking back, I think I am emotionally affected and I keep around 1 1/2 car distance only. Too bad he exited at Thomson Rd. If not I will crash onto him but I also feel "SONG"! To me this Avante driver is too aggressive and inconsiderate. But I think he will still think he is right.

My previous accident, I saw the Camry is keeping 3 to 4 cars distance from the front car moving around 80 to 90 km/hr on lane 1. I thought he would have more than enough space to slow down if there's a jam. I keep only around 1 car distance. When the front car brakes, this Camry driver immediately jam brake. To him, he thinks he is right to jam brake and I am following him too closely.

I think from my last 2 accidents, there's 1 common error I committed. I didn't keep a safe distance. So nowadays I keep 2 to 4 cars distance and when the cars in front brake, I will immediately step on the brake and keep mininum 2 cars distance until the front car stops then I close the gap.

If you attend the "Basic Defensive Driving Course" you will definitely physically understand that keeping at 3 to 4 car length for speed 80kph will need very hard braking.
In this course We jammed brake at speed 60kph, it skidded 22 metres to attain FULL STOP.

In physics calculation in relation to road friction, tire grip plus driver reaction. If include more drivers.. chain reaction=chain accident. I Think you'll keep 10 cars length at 80Kph for a softer and comfortable stop.
Blacks
Blacks

Back to top Go down

Post by loveforte 17th November 2009, 2:32 am

wow!!! now i believe how hard our forte is. bro, i thumps up to u!!! u r v cool and settle things in a clear-minded. if i were u i will *(&@#^&$*@^#
loveforte
loveforte

Back to top Go down

Post by aural 17th November 2009, 7:55 am

Bed wrote:
aural wrote:
Siaoster wrote:

Thanks My 3 weeks old Forte going for a facelift - Page 2 Icon_smile Too shy to MU. My 3 weeks old Forte going for a facelift - Page 2 Icon_redface

I also shy, let's go then wont so shy My 3 weeks old Forte going for a facelift - Page 2 Icon_redface
aural
aural

Back to top Go down

Post by liplip 17th November 2009, 7:59 am

10 car lengths? My 3 weeks old Forte going for a facelift - Page 2 Icon_eek That is like 45 metres leh... Although I do maintain such driving distances, but only when driving at 100-110km/h with full family on board.

So perhaps it depends on situation bah... need full stop will need more distance, and considered how Singapore "expressway" likes to come to complete halts, we should educate people to keep further distances. Else most Singaporean cars think I uncle and drive too slow, and treat 2 car lengths as chance for him to cut my lane... sigh...

There was one day on SLE (real expressway), not even a crash but just have police light flashing and the police pulled over a van. The goondus slowed to a complete halt to see see, so this is another Singaporean problem need to fix... their desire to find 4 numbers.

liplip

Back to top Go down

Post by aural 17th November 2009, 8:04 am

The day before, was on PIE and saw 2 TP stopped a van at the side. Then there is this van infront of me on lane 2. Totally bochup the TP also though he should not be driving on lane 2. There was 4 lanes and the road was clear btw with lane 3 and 4 almost no vehicle and that van hogged the lane with 70km/h on PIE.... end up i have to overtake him somemore via lane 1. My 3 weeks old Forte going for a facelift - Page 2 316913
aural
aural

Back to top Go down

Post by JuanST 17th November 2009, 8:22 am

aural wrote:The day before, was on PIE and saw 2 TP stopped a van at the side. Then there is this van infront of me on lane 2. Totally bochup the TP also though he should not be driving on lane 2. There was 4 lanes and the road was clear btw with lane 3 and 4 almost no vehicle and that van hogged the lane with 70km/h on PIE.... end up i have to overtake him somemore via lane 1. My 3 weeks old Forte going for a facelift - Page 2 316913

when i am driving and my family with me, i stay on lane 2 or 3 only..... i apologise if i forced anyone here to overtake me and go to lane 1...... My 3 weeks old Forte going for a facelift - Page 2 Icon_redface
JuanST
JuanST

Back to top Go down

Post by aural 17th November 2009, 8:27 am

JuanST wrote:
aural wrote:The day before, was on PIE and saw 2 TP stopped a van at the side. Then there is this van infront of me on lane 2. Totally bochup the TP also though he should not be driving on lane 2. There was 4 lanes and the road was clear btw with lane 3 and 4 almost no vehicle and that van hogged the lane with 70km/h on PIE.... end up i have to overtake him somemore via lane 1. My 3 weeks old Forte going for a facelift - Page 2 316913

when i am driving and my family with me, i stay on lane 2 or 3 only..... i apologise if i forced anyone here to overtake me and go to lane 1...... My 3 weeks old Forte going for a facelift - Page 2 Icon_redface

normal car stay lane 2 no problem, I have driven a Van before and was pulled over by TP because i stayed on lane 2 and the lanes was clear very little cars. He saw the plate was new so asked if i was new to driving a van so told me next time dun stay on lane 2 and let me off without a booking.
aural
aural

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next