Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» assay
Two weeks old and tyre punctured liao.... Empty4th August 2011, 10:13 pm by Guest

» APP Leading Website Generator
Two weeks old and tyre punctured liao.... Empty4th August 2011, 11:47 am by Guest

» check-up
Two weeks old and tyre punctured liao.... Empty4th August 2011, 10:03 am by Guest

» Blu-ray to iPad Ripper lift Blu glimmer DVD movies quest of iPad
Two weeks old and tyre punctured liao.... Empty4th August 2011, 8:24 am by Guest

» ubiquitous
Two weeks old and tyre punctured liao.... Empty4th August 2011, 6:07 am by Guest

» South african indian dating. Nz internet dating.
Two weeks old and tyre punctured liao.... Empty3rd August 2011, 8:57 pm by Guest

» WHAT CREEPY IDEA ON YOUTUBE HASN'T ALREADY BEEN DONE YET?
Two weeks old and tyre punctured liao.... Empty3rd August 2011, 7:30 pm by Guest

» buy facebook fan f8
Two weeks old and tyre punctured liao.... Empty3rd August 2011, 3:15 pm by Guest

» division
Two weeks old and tyre punctured liao.... Empty3rd August 2011, 11:43 am by Guest

RSS feeds

MSN 

Two weeks old and tyre punctured liao....

+11
FriesL
longbow
ctoh
mighty meow
karabi
kapitan
Potatoes
scorpey
yngwie
muff
leo
15 posters

Go down

Two weeks old and tyre punctured liao.... Empty Two weeks old and tyre punctured liao....

Post by leo 20th July 2009, 10:22 am

sigh...a screw was imbedded in my left rear tyre....this is going to cost me...

this is one of the those times that i am so glad the spare tyre is the same size as the rest...

just repaired the tyre but the workshop guy said better to get a new one..safer..sigh brand new tyre somemore...what a waste!!

leo

Back to top Go down

Two weeks old and tyre punctured liao.... Empty Re: Two weeks old and tyre punctured liao....

Post by muff 20th July 2009, 10:28 am

why need to replace tyre ? juz repair it (less than $10) can already mah ?
muff
muff

Back to top Go down

Two weeks old and tyre punctured liao.... Empty Re: Two weeks old and tyre punctured liao....

Post by yngwie 20th July 2009, 10:38 am

muff wrote:why need to replace tyre ? juz repair it (less than $10) can already mah ?

Agreed!!! just repair it and it can still last u for a long time. Or u can use it as a spare tyre. i had encountered this before, had it repaired for abt $10. last untill now (almost a year).

yngwie

Back to top Go down

Post by scorpey 20th July 2009, 10:40 am

Mmm.. kenna screws/ nails is ur luck lah.. dun be too sad..

I had once wif my previous ride oso.. try to aviod construction areas and stay on the usual tracks instead of driving near the edge..

As for repair of holes on punture tyres.. it depends.. if too near the side wall of tyre.. they cannot do much also.. but if holes r within the centre width.. they can mend for u.. Eng Wah charged me $6 for that but was 1-2 years ago.. Smile
scorpey
scorpey

Back to top Go down

Post by leo 20th July 2009, 10:47 am

i repaired it and use as spare but the damage is pretty bad already..

leo

Back to top Go down

Post by muff 20th July 2009, 10:47 am

I paid $7 about a year ago.....the boss even replaced all my plastic charging valve cap to steel caps FOC.... Laughing
muff
muff

Back to top Go down

Post by Potatoes 20th July 2009, 10:49 am

Hi Leo, u mean the foreman said the damage if beyond repair? That's strange to change the new tyre..... u mean forte tyres are so bad???
Potatoes
Potatoes

Back to top Go down

Post by kapitan 20th July 2009, 10:51 am

leo wrote:sigh...a screw was imbedded in my left rear tyre....this is going to cost me...

this is one of the those times that i am so glad the spare tyre is the same size as the rest...

just repaired the tyre but the workshop guy said better to get a new one..safer..sigh brand new tyre somemore...what a waste!!

So I presume you to be driving a SX... why don't you keep the repaired tyre as spare then...
kapitan
kapitan

Back to top Go down

Post by leo 20th July 2009, 10:58 am

i did keep the repaired tyre as spare tyre...just that perhaps later i will change the repaired tyre to a new one...some places can do trade in.

leo

Back to top Go down

Post by karabi 20th September 2009, 12:11 am

Sorry to revive old thread, cos my tyre sidewall kanna the curb on Friday. Can it be repaired and where? Just change to spare tyre this morning. And its only a week plus for my car... Zzz
karabi
karabi

Back to top Go down

Post by scorpey 23rd September 2009, 11:20 am

karabi wrote:Sorry to revive old thread, cos my tyre sidewall kanna the curb on Friday. Can it be repaired and where? Just change to spare tyre this morning. And its only a week plus for my car... Zzz

u mean there is a tear/ leakage for that tyre? sidewall damage sometimes cannot be repaired... go to any tyre shop near ur place n ask them to check.. if can be repaired den save u a lot of $ (shd be less than $10) and u may wanna keep tat as spare tyre after the repair but remember to pump enough air in it.. den check the pressure again say one month later to ensure the repair is effective.. Two weeks old and tyre punctured liao.... Icon_smile
scorpey
scorpey

Back to top Go down

Post by mighty meow 23rd September 2009, 11:31 am

my tyre also kana nail poke into it just after i change my rim. i go back to poh heng and get it repair at only $6. mayb u can try to go there and see what they can advice you. at first i also tot i need to change a new tyre but some how poh heng guys did not ask me to change a new tyre rather they advice me your tyre so new juz get it repair at $6 will do liao..at least i knw they din have the thinking of cheating me into getting a new tyre. so you might wanna try there
mighty meow
mighty meow

Back to top Go down

Post by ctoh 23rd September 2009, 11:50 am

My brother drove my old ride to his construction site and got a tire punctured by a big pc of metal. He tried to change to the spare tire, and something broke. Had to call toll (spelling correct?) truck to go to workshop, had to cut open the rim, buy new tire and rim. Costed him almost $500 (more ex if I didn't know the workshop boss). Guess this is the "extreme" for puncture case (without accident)
ctoh
ctoh

Back to top Go down

Post by scorpey 23rd September 2009, 1:24 pm

haha.. ctoh, dun scare karabi lah.. his is not a freak case.. if can mend den save $ if cannot too bad lor.. like i said sidewall damage sometimes cannot be repair.. even so gotto ensure the repair is properly done so gotto check again for significant leakage lor.. btw its "tow" not "toll" Razz
scorpey
scorpey

Back to top Go down

Post by ctoh 23rd September 2009, 1:32 pm

Sorry karabi.

In another incident, my old ride got a 1 inch nail embedded into 1 of the tire. Didn't know until go for servicing, thus don't know how long it has been there. Mechanic pull it out, then mend it. After that still go NS Highway - no problem

So don't worry lah
ctoh
ctoh

Back to top Go down

Post by karabi 29th September 2009, 6:08 pm

Hey Hey,

Wonder y my email never notify me about the replies. Thanks thanks. Will be going hopefully by this week to see how. Meanwhile using my spare.

Once again, thanks to all the bros for your help and suggestions. =)
karabi
karabi

Back to top Go down

Post by longbow 2nd October 2009, 11:24 am

A nail got embedded in my right rear tyre as well, when I came back after a 2 week overseas trip overseas trip, the tyre pressure was 35kpa! It has since been patched for 8 bucks, they soak the entire wheel into a bath tub to check for air bubbles, less than 5 min work. Did it at Ghee Hin Leong Tyre, pandan loop there.
longbow
longbow

Back to top Go down

Post by FriesL 2nd October 2009, 11:59 am

mine. too just fix this morning.. at 12$ !!! at HLH tyre....
think would not go back there again..

FriesL

Back to top Go down

Post by muff 10th January 2010, 4:53 pm

my turn to have a punctured tyre last week..... Two weeks old and tyre punctured liao.... Icon_sad

using the L-shape tools (sockets) provided by KIA, I tried to loosen those wheel nuts but failed (really sweat) Two weeks old and tyre punctured liao.... Icon_mad ...... all the nuts are over tightened (tyre shop using air tool) ....
Finally decided to purchase an air compressor from Giant supermarket to charge up the punctured tyre and drove slowly to the nearest tyre shop to get it repaired.....was charged $8.....

now I'm deciding if I should keep the spare tyre and tools in my car and purchase an additional crossed bar type of socket (longer and better leverage) or just live with the compressor in the car ???
muff
muff

Back to top Go down

Post by genexis 10th January 2010, 5:22 pm

muff wrote:my turn to have a punctured tyre last week..... Two weeks old and tyre punctured liao.... Icon_sad

using the L-shape tools (sockets) provided by KIA, I tried to loosen those wheel nuts but failed (really sweat) Two weeks old and tyre punctured liao.... Icon_mad ...... all the nuts are over tightened (tyre shop using air tool) ....
Finally decided to purchase an air compressor from Giant supermarket to charge up the punctured tyre and drove slowly to the nearest tyre shop to get it repaired.....was charged $8.....

now I'm deciding if I should keep the spare tyre and tools in my car and purchase an additional crossed bar type of socket (longer and better leverage) or just live with the compressor in the car ???

Did you use your body weight to break the torque of those wheel nuts? That is what you are suppose to do - Stand on the L-shape tool before jacking up your car.

genexis

Back to top Go down

Post by muff 10th January 2010, 8:12 pm

yes.....that's wat I did for about 15 mins....jumping up and down also but still cannot break the torque of a single nut.... Two weeks old and tyre punctured liao.... Icon_pale

....could be that the air tool used by the tyre shop that i went to is "over torqued" thereby causing me this problem ?

suggest those fitted with after market rims to test out their tools .....try to loosen one nut with the tool that you are having in your ride see if it work for you.....

took me 9 months and 1 punctured tyre to realised that the extra weight (est 25Kg) that I'm carrying around everyday is not able to do the job that it was intended to do.... Two weeks old and tyre punctured liao.... Icon_redface
muff
muff

Back to top Go down

Post by patsy 11th January 2010, 9:33 am

just noticed yesterday there's a cut in my tyre, must have been cut when I hit the curb backing up the other day. can this be repaired or do I have to buy a new tyre to replace it?
patsy
patsy

Back to top Go down

Post by ace 11th January 2010, 9:41 am

Normally if it is just slight abrasion, it is okay to let it be...

But if you have "skin" tearing or peeling off, than it is safer and wiser to replace it. The whole tyre is a like a connected system, one part reinforced the other...if one part is "weakened" than the entire system is compromised.....meaning safety.

ace

Back to top Go down

Post by forte3737 11th January 2010, 9:21 pm

patsy wrote:just noticed yesterday there's a cut in my tyre, must have been cut when I hit the curb backing up the other day. can this be repaired or do I have to buy a new tyre to replace it?

can you take a pic of the cut?

forte3737

Back to top Go down

Post by muff 11th January 2010, 9:42 pm

it all depend on how bad is the cut....if it is a small cut and not deep then juz stick it back with sealant will do ....the next time you wash yr car, pour some soap water over the cut area to see if there is any air leakage (see if there's any bubbling)... or you can also choose to swoop it with yr spare tire...
muff
muff

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down