Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» assay
My 3 weeks old Forte going for a facelift - Page 3 Empty4th August 2011, 10:13 pm by Guest

» APP Leading Website Generator
My 3 weeks old Forte going for a facelift - Page 3 Empty4th August 2011, 11:47 am by Guest

» check-up
My 3 weeks old Forte going for a facelift - Page 3 Empty4th August 2011, 10:03 am by Guest

» Blu-ray to iPad Ripper lift Blu glimmer DVD movies quest of iPad
My 3 weeks old Forte going for a facelift - Page 3 Empty4th August 2011, 8:24 am by Guest

» ubiquitous
My 3 weeks old Forte going for a facelift - Page 3 Empty4th August 2011, 6:07 am by Guest

» South african indian dating. Nz internet dating.
My 3 weeks old Forte going for a facelift - Page 3 Empty3rd August 2011, 8:57 pm by Guest

» WHAT CREEPY IDEA ON YOUTUBE HASN'T ALREADY BEEN DONE YET?
My 3 weeks old Forte going for a facelift - Page 3 Empty3rd August 2011, 7:30 pm by Guest

» buy facebook fan f8
My 3 weeks old Forte going for a facelift - Page 3 Empty3rd August 2011, 3:15 pm by Guest

» division
My 3 weeks old Forte going for a facelift - Page 3 Empty3rd August 2011, 11:43 am by Guest

RSS feeds

MSN 

My 3 weeks old Forte going for a facelift

+23
Fortec
nothing
Terrier
KingJerry
Blacks
amerimacka
miko komi
liplip
keigo
kapitan
jeRrRKKKK
The Blue Cruiser
FriesL
jl1500k
aural
danielg
ano57
Siaoster
JuanST
ace
Potatoes
mosabnet
Bed
27 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

My 3 weeks old Forte going for a facelift - Page 3 Empty Re: My 3 weeks old Forte going for a facelift

Post by KingJerry 17th November 2009, 12:00 pm

Wah, i thought van can't be on lane 1 only? Even lane 2 also cannot uh?
KingJerry
KingJerry

Back to top Go down

My 3 weeks old Forte going for a facelift - Page 3 Empty Re: My 3 weeks old Forte going for a facelift

Post by Bed 17th November 2009, 12:52 pm

Blacks wrote:
Bed wrote:

I think everybody has different style of driving. Also everybody thinks they drive correctly. When different styles meet, usually one will curse and swear at each other. I hate aggressive drivers on the road. I avoid over cautious drivers too. These are drivers which are fairly unpredictable. But if you were to ask them, they will arguably say they are right. I speed, but there are a few principles I keep in my mind. Never tail-gate, always check blind spot and then signal and check then filter and never race with another car.

Before my chain collision, there's an Avante who keeps filtering in and out of lane 1. Everytime when he filters back to lane 1, he's no where further but in front of me only. Then he will follow bumper-to-bumper with the car in front. There's twice I wanted to close the gap with the front car and he squeezes in. Thinking back, I think I am emotionally affected and I keep around 1 1/2 car distance only. Too bad he exited at Thomson Rd. If not I will crash onto him but I also feel "SONG"! To me this Avante driver is too aggressive and inconsiderate. But I think he will still think he is right.

My previous accident, I saw the Camry is keeping 3 to 4 cars distance from the front car moving around 80 to 90 km/hr on lane 1. I thought he would have more than enough space to slow down if there's a jam. I keep only around 1 car distance. When the front car brakes, this Camry driver immediately jam brake. To him, he thinks he is right to jam brake and I am following him too closely.

I think from my last 2 accidents, there's 1 common error I committed. I didn't keep a safe distance. So nowadays I keep 2 to 4 cars distance and when the cars in front brake, I will immediately step on the brake and keep mininum 2 cars distance until the front car stops then I close the gap.

If you attend the "Basic Defensive Driving Course" you will definitely physically understand that keeping at 3 to 4 car length for speed 80kph will need very hard braking.
In this course We jammed brake at speed 60kph, it skidded 22 metres to attain FULL STOP.

In physics calculation in relation to road friction, tire grip plus driver reaction. If include more drivers.. chain reaction=chain accident. I Think you'll keep 10 cars length at 80Kph for a softer and comfortable stop.

Where to attend the "Basic Defensive Driving Course"? How much is it? I think I need such course to fully understand my ride.

You mean even 3 to 4 cars length is still not enough? Scary to know this fact My 3 weeks old Forte going for a facelift - Page 3 Icon_pale
Bed
Bed

Back to top Go down

Post by Bed 17th November 2009, 12:56 pm

aural wrote:
Bed wrote:
aural wrote:
Siaoster wrote:
Bed wrote:I think this coming week My Forte will be discharging from "ward". I am very excited in waiting to receive her. It's like I am collecting her at day 1.....

haha congrats ! brand new feel issint haa

Good to hear that. coming to MU?

Thanks My 3 weeks old Forte going for a facelift - Page 3 Icon_smile Too shy to MU. My 3 weeks old Forte going for a facelift - Page 3 Icon_redface

I also shy, let's go then wont so shy My 3 weeks old Forte going for a facelift - Page 3 Icon_redface

Is it? Glad to know another shy Fortean My 3 weeks old Forte going for a facelift - Page 3 Icon_smile When and where? What do we do for MU? Is it family friendly? Or better to come alone?
Bed
Bed

Back to top Go down

Post by Bed 17th November 2009, 1:02 pm

liplip wrote:10 car lengths? My 3 weeks old Forte going for a facelift - Page 3 Icon_eek That is like 45 metres leh... Although I do maintain such driving distances, but only when driving at 100-110km/h with full family on board.

So perhaps it depends on situation bah... need full stop will need more distance, and considered how Singapore "expressway" likes to come to complete halts, we should educate people to keep further distances. Else most Singaporean cars think I uncle and drive too slow, and treat 2 car lengths as chance for him to cut my lane... sigh...

There was one day on SLE (real expressway), not even a crash but just have police light flashing and the police pulled over a van. The goondus slowed to a complete halt to see see, so this is another Singaporean problem need to fix... their desire to find 4 numbers.

I still remember some years back when an Altis banged My Vios back, while we are at the road shoulder settling paperwork, another 3 more accidents occur at the same spot. I suspect they kay poh slow down to watch our car plate or that stretch of road haunted or cursed? My 3 weeks old Forte going for a facelift - Page 3 Icon_pale
Bed
Bed

Back to top Go down

Post by JuanST 17th November 2009, 1:04 pm

km/ hourdistance to next car

This is the 2 sec rule for defensive driving....
as mentioned if ur running at 80k/hr, u must be 44.44 meters away from the car in front = that is around 10 car lenghts. My 3 weeks old Forte going for a facelift - Page 3 Icon_smile
JuanST
JuanST

Back to top Go down

Post by Bed 17th November 2009, 1:10 pm

KingJerry wrote:Wah, i thought van can't be on lane 1 only? Even lane 2 also cannot uh?

Lane 2 is for slow moving cars to overtake only. When they overtook, they should move back to lane 3. I think lane 1 also applies the same rule. So whenever I see TP, I will Guai Guai shift to lane 2. If I am not wrong, motorcycles are also considered slow moving vehicles. They should only use lane 2 to overtake. But nowadays, I see lorries, vans, pickups, trucks and motorcycles occupy lane 1 like they own it...... My 3 weeks old Forte going for a facelift - Page 3 Icon_evil

Last edited by Bed on 17th November 2009, 1:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
Bed
Bed

Back to top Go down

Post by JuanST 17th November 2009, 1:11 pm

Bed wrote:
KingJerry wrote:Wah, i thought van can't be on lane 1 only? Even lane 2 also cannot uh?

Lane 2 is for slow moving cars to overtake only. When they overtook, they should move back to lane 3. I think lane 1 also applies the same rule. So whenever I see TP, I will Guai Guai shift to lane 2. If I am not wrong, motorcycles are also considered slow moving vehicles. They should only use lane 1 to overtake. But nowadays, I see lorries, vans, pickups, trucks and motorcycles occupy lane 1 like they own it...... My 3 weeks old Forte going for a facelift - Page 3 Icon_evil

i thought they own the road..... u mean to say they didnt? and i thought i was being nice giving way to the owners...... My 3 weeks old Forte going for a facelift - Page 3 Icon_twisted
JuanST
JuanST

Back to top Go down

Post by Bed 17th November 2009, 1:16 pm

JuanST wrote:
Bed wrote:

Lane 2 is for slow moving cars to overtake only. When they overtook, they should move back to lane 3. I think lane 1 also applies the same rule. So whenever I see TP, I will Guai Guai shift to lane 2. If I am not wrong, motorcycles are also considered slow moving vehicles. They should only use lane 1 to overtake. But nowadays, I see lorries, vans, pickups, trucks and motorcycles occupy lane 1 like they own it...... My 3 weeks old Forte going for a facelift - Page 3 Icon_evil

i thought they own the road..... u mean to say they didnt? and i thought i was being nice giving way to the owners...... My 3 weeks old Forte going for a facelift - Page 3 Icon_twisted

My 3 weeks old Forte going for a facelift - Page 3 Icon_lol My 3 weeks old Forte going for a facelift - Page 3 332362
Bed
Bed

Back to top Go down

Post by aural 17th November 2009, 3:28 pm

Bed wrote:
Is it? Glad to know another shy Fortean My 3 weeks old Forte going for a facelift - Page 3 Icon_smile When and where? What do we do for MU? Is it family friendly? Or better to come alone?

MU is friendly if u are friendly lor. If u not friendly then not friendly.
Plus this round at turf city. You wife and kids bored can go giant buy groceries. My 3 weeks old Forte going for a facelift - Page 3 Icon_lol But when they see so many cars same as urs they might also be O.O
aural
aural

Back to top Go down

Post by liplip 17th November 2009, 4:10 pm

JuanST wrote:
km/ hourdistance to next car

This is the 2 sec rule for defensive driving....
as mentioned if ur running at 80k/hr, u must be 44.44 meters away from the car in front = that is around 10 car lenghts. My 3 weeks old Forte going for a facelift - Page 3 Icon_smile

From your table, when I am driving along the real expressway in Singapore, I have to keep 13.5 car lengths away........... wow... I blame it on the one tailgating (and pressuring) me even when using that kind of speed...

liplip

Back to top Go down

Post by JuanST 17th November 2009, 4:35 pm

this is for comfortable braking.... comfortable means u have 1 sec to decide whether u need to break or change lane and another full second to really really brake very very very hard..... My 3 weeks old Forte going for a facelift - Page 3 Icon_twisted and pray that that second is enuf......
JuanST
JuanST

Back to top Go down

Post by Blacks 17th November 2009, 11:02 pm

Bed wrote:
Where to attend the "Basic Defensive Driving Course"? How much is it? I think I need such course to fully understand my ride.

You mean even 3 to 4 cars length is still not enough? Scary to know this fact My 3 weeks old Forte going for a facelift - Page 3 Icon_pale

I attended BBDC sponsored by ex company. How much?... for about 2 days in 2007. You better check with the centre.

The course is very detailed Basic. Show you all the things that everyday drivers might not see in their lifetime on the road. Or if one experience it he/she might not live another second/day.

Advance course avilable too. You will like it (Got $$ I'll go for advance course). Informative and Good hands on time.
Blacks
Blacks

Back to top Go down

Post by Bed 18th November 2009, 12:13 pm

aural wrote:
Bed wrote:

MU is friendly if u are friendly lor. If u not friendly then not friendly.
Plus this round at turf city. You wife and kids bored can go giant buy groceries. My 3 weeks old Forte going for a facelift - Page 3 Icon_lol But when they see so many cars same as urs they might also be O.O

I very friendly 1, but just introvert by nature and conservative by nurture. So very shy in group MU. My 3 weeks old Forte going for a facelift - Page 3 Icon_redface
Sorry, when is MU?
When they see so many Forte around and nothing to do, they will My 3 weeks old Forte going for a facelift - Page 3 Icon_rolleyes and I will My 3 weeks old Forte going for a facelift - Page 3 Affraid

Haiz!!! C&C really very slow in repair. Up til now still no news. If My Forte is more than 2 years old, I will send her to 1 of those helpful workshops. I can demand more services and they will definitely do it for me.
Bed
Bed

Back to top Go down

Post by Bed 18th November 2009, 12:20 pm

JuanST wrote:this is for comfortable braking.... comfortable means u have 1 sec to decide whether u need to break or change lane and another full second to really really brake very very very hard..... My 3 weeks old Forte going for a facelift - Page 3 Icon_twisted and pray that that second is enuf......

I think that type of distance, even if slow in reaction still no need to brake hard hard. Is it feasible to drive like that in SG? This is the question I ask the claim assesor some years back. The claim assessor also laugh. But they still have to stick to theory and I think 99% of SG drivers all considered tailgate under this theory.
Bed
Bed

Back to top Go down

Post by aural 18th November 2009, 12:28 pm

MU is this friday evening. Look at the meet up thread.
aural
aural

Back to top Go down

Post by Bed 18th November 2009, 12:29 pm

Blacks wrote:
Bed wrote:

I attended BBDC sponsored by ex company. How much?... for about 2 days in 2007. You better check with the centre.

The course is very detailed Basic. Show you all the things that everyday drivers might not see in their lifetime on the road. Or if one experience it he/she might not live another second/day.

Advance course avilable too. You will like it (Got $$ I'll go for advance course). Informative and Good hands on time.

Which centre did you go to? 2 days? If go, must plan.

Yeah, driving on the road can be very dangerous. When collecting My Forte, I saw 1 deadly accident. A trailer skided and occupied 3 lanes in SLE. A Nissan Latio Sports on lane 1 went under the trailer. I think in that type of situation, is really once in a lifetime for that driver and he never live to see tomorrow......
Bed
Bed

Back to top Go down

Post by Blacks 19th November 2009, 10:51 pm

I living in CCK so go BBDC. Call the up center.
Blacks
Blacks

Back to top Go down

Post by Bed 21st November 2009, 2:54 am

Blacks wrote:I living in CCK so go BBDC. Call the up center.

From BBDC website, they don't have such course. No more conducting already?
Bed
Bed

Back to top Go down

Post by Blacks 21st November 2009, 11:04 pm

You may call them to check.
Blacks
Blacks

Back to top Go down

Post by Bed 22nd November 2009, 12:21 am

Got back My Forte on Thursday. Yesterday realised my 2 headlamps fogged after heavy rain. Also there's squeky sound coming from driver's side when go through humps and bumps. Realised maybe the seat is in contact with the arm rest. Going back to C&C on Monday. Will also complain why My Forte air con compare to My Vios and even Lancer EX is not as cold? See how they going to rectify the problem for me?
Bed
Bed

Back to top Go down

Post by KingJerry 22nd November 2009, 2:20 am

Actually headlamps fogging is quite a non issue right?

Today i was at changi T1 carpark and saw 2 x BMWs' condensed headlamp.. Initially i thought this problem was unique to Forte, but now i think our continental friends have it too.

But good thing you got ur ride back. Have fun with it! Smile
KingJerry
KingJerry

Back to top Go down

Post by Bed 22nd November 2009, 3:10 pm

KingJerry wrote:Actually headlamps fogging is quite a non issue right?

Today i was at changi T1 carpark and saw 2 x BMWs' condensed headlamp.. Initially i thought this problem was unique to Forte, but now i think our continental friends have it too.

But good thing you got ur ride back. Have fun with it! Smile

I think not good in the long run. Some years back when I got a Mazda 323 as a replacement car. The rental guy told me he knows 1 of the fog lamps has condensation. When I look and compare, the fog lamp that fogs looks dull and blurry. I suspect the fog lamp may have grown fungus......

Yeah, really glad that I got My Forte back. BTW, C&C still owe me exhaust. They got no stock during repair. Maybe also enquire about my exhaust tomorrow.....
Bed
Bed

Back to top Go down

Post by The Blue Cruiser 22nd November 2009, 4:06 pm

you mean your forte is currently exhaust-less? My 3 weeks old Forte going for a facelift - Page 3 Icon_eek
The Blue Cruiser
The Blue Cruiser

Back to top Go down

Post by Bed 22nd November 2009, 4:10 pm

The White Cruiser wrote:you mean your forte is currently exhaust-less? My 3 weeks old Forte going for a facelift - Page 3 Icon_eek

With damaged exhaust...... SA told me the exhaust was bent and touching my suspension when I report accident. But because no stock and car is in driving condition, so they "discharge" my car first......
Bed
Bed

Back to top Go down

Post by lukester 23rd November 2009, 12:39 am

congrats on getting ur ride back.

hopefully exhaust will be here shortly wor.
lukester
lukester

Back to top Go down

Post by JuanST 23rd November 2009, 8:14 am

good ur paying attention to details..... check the gaps on boot and hood.... make sure they are even.... anyway... grats
JuanST
JuanST

Back to top Go down

Post by Bed 24th November 2009, 5:13 pm

lukester wrote:congrats on getting ur ride back.

hopefully exhaust will be here shortly wor.

Thanks. Yeah, yesterday my exhaust came and installed.
Bed
Bed

Back to top Go down

Post by Bed 24th November 2009, 5:15 pm

JuanST wrote:good ur paying attention to details..... check the gaps on boot and hood.... make sure they are even.... anyway... grats

Thanks. Er...... Not a detail person. What details do I need to pay attention? How to check gaps on boot and hood? The way I look at it it's as good as new...... Hope to get some tips so as to know what to look out for......
Bed
Bed

Back to top Go down

Post by dreamzzlandz 1st December 2009, 12:58 pm

Bro Bed, glad you got back your ride after the facelift ... I was reading your incident on the first page, and I really find you very composed and even got the time and mood to analyse the weaknesses and strengths of the cars involved in the chain accident... Seem like Vios is quite weak.. maybe because its made in Thailand...? Not sure though..

A few years back, when I was waiting for bus I witnessed a chain accident right in right of me... think there were altogether 4 cars banged,...but what amazed me what that the very first car was perfectly saved, but the 2nd vehichle which was a kia old lorry was crushed infront causing some liquid leakage( dont know what it was though) and the 3rd and 4th all got banged too... I was surprised that the back of the 1st vehicle ( did not see the brand seem like a continental car, its was something like a goods vehicle, it looked big size, comparable to the size of a MPV, retangular... ) was in perfect condition unlike the miserable state of the 2nd kia lorry's front and back... so I was thinking the metal which was used to make our car body also important during impacts.. if its hard enough, it can be perfectly saved.

Does Continental cars such as Peugeot, Audi etc got stronger and tougher body than other brands?
dreamzzlandz
dreamzzlandz

Back to top Go down

Post by Bed 2nd December 2009, 11:55 pm

dreamzzlandz wrote:Bro Bed, glad you got back your ride after the facelift ... I was reading your incident on the first page, and I really find you very composed and even got the time and mood to analyse the weaknesses and strengths of the cars involved in the chain accident... Seem like Vios is quite weak.. maybe because its made in Thailand...? Not sure though..

A few years back, when I was waiting for bus I witnessed a chain accident right in right of me... think there were altogether 4 cars banged,...but what amazed me what that the very first car was perfectly saved, but the 2nd vehichle which was a kia old lorry was crushed infront causing some liquid leakage( dont know what it was though) and the 3rd and 4th all got banged too... I was surprised that the back of the 1st vehicle ( did not see the brand seem like a continental car, its was something like a goods vehicle, it looked big size, comparable to the size of a MPV, retangular... ) was in perfect condition unlike the miserable state of the 2nd kia lorry's front and back... so I was thinking the metal which was used to make our car body also important during impacts.. if its hard enough, it can be perfectly saved.

Does Continental cars such as Peugeot, Audi etc got stronger and tougher body than other brands?

Ha... Can't recall what I wrote and have to go back to page 1 to read My 3 weeks old Forte going for a facelift - Page 3 Icon_lol Oh, luckily I am a guy. For my character, people may call me a Happy-Go-Lucky guy. If I am a gal, people may term me a bimbo My 3 weeks old Forte going for a facelift - Page 3 Icon_lol

I suspect Vios or any Jap cars are weak because they are made to be light and crumbles upon impact. That's why I can achieve FC of 14km/l with My Vios. When I lean against the bumper of My Vios, I can feel the bumper sink in. However, I don't feel it when I lean against the bumper of My Forte.

Conti cars? Til I bang with 1 then I will know My 3 weeks old Forte going for a facelift - Page 3 Icon_wink
Bed
Bed

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3