Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» assay
My 3 weeks old Forte going for a facelift Empty4th August 2011, 10:13 pm by Guest

» APP Leading Website Generator
My 3 weeks old Forte going for a facelift Empty4th August 2011, 11:47 am by Guest

» check-up
My 3 weeks old Forte going for a facelift Empty4th August 2011, 10:03 am by Guest

» Blu-ray to iPad Ripper lift Blu glimmer DVD movies quest of iPad
My 3 weeks old Forte going for a facelift Empty4th August 2011, 8:24 am by Guest

» ubiquitous
My 3 weeks old Forte going for a facelift Empty4th August 2011, 6:07 am by Guest

» South african indian dating. Nz internet dating.
My 3 weeks old Forte going for a facelift Empty3rd August 2011, 8:57 pm by Guest

» WHAT CREEPY IDEA ON YOUTUBE HASN'T ALREADY BEEN DONE YET?
My 3 weeks old Forte going for a facelift Empty3rd August 2011, 7:30 pm by Guest

» buy facebook fan f8
My 3 weeks old Forte going for a facelift Empty3rd August 2011, 3:15 pm by Guest

» division
My 3 weeks old Forte going for a facelift Empty3rd August 2011, 11:43 am by Guest

RSS feeds

MSN 

My 3 weeks old Forte going for a facelift

+23
Fortec
nothing
Terrier
KingJerry
Blacks
amerimacka
miko komi
liplip
keigo
kapitan
jeRrRKKKK
The Blue Cruiser
FriesL
jl1500k
aural
danielg
ano57
Siaoster
JuanST
ace
Potatoes
mosabnet
Bed
27 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

My 3 weeks old Forte going for a facelift Empty My 3 weeks old Forte going for a facelift

Post by Bed 6th November 2009, 3:09 am

This morning met an accident at SLE after Upper Thomson exit. It's a chain collision involving 8 cars. I am the 6th car. Recalling back, I am very amazed. In such chaotic accident, nobody is injured. Immediately after the accident, everybody is cursing and swearing at the pregnant army officer lady who drove the first vehicle and jam brake. After which everybody starts talking on the phone. I am the only person keeps taking photos and asking them for driving license and details. Why nobody accept it's an accident and move on to do the recording immediately? More than 4 workshop owners turn up at the scene before TP arrive. They are trying to encourage us to repair at their workshop. How efficient they are!

I was even more amazed with my Forte! I actually managed to jam brake and brake at a few cm away from vehicle 5. If not within seconds, vehicle 7 & 8 bang onto me and the impact caused me to bang onto vehicle 5, I would have saved my NCD My 3 weeks old Forte going for a facelift Icon_cry If I am driving my old Vios, I definitely can't stop on time and banged onto vehicle 5. My Forte braking system powerful SIA! Tested and proven liao My 3 weeks old Forte going for a facelift Icon_lol BTW, vehicle 7 is a Vios. I really can understand why he banged onto my Forte. But to my surprise, vehicle 8 is a BMW. Such a heavy and sturdy car can't brake on time?

Also to my surprise, my Forte can actually still move after the accident. My old Vios definitely can't move anymore if banged on the front. As expected, 2 of the 8 vehicles can't move and have to call for EMAS to tow. Guess what? They are Vios.

Now my Forte is with C&C waiting to be "facelifted". They say need 2 weeks to repair. SIANZ! My Forte only 3 weeks old. I was given a Mitsubishi Lancer EX as a replacement car. Lancer is light and can really feel the light spirited pick up. However, it doesn't have that many gadgets and features for me to play with. But I like it's rain sensing wiper though My 3 weeks old Forte going for a facelift Icon_smile
Bed
Bed

Back to top Go down

My 3 weeks old Forte going for a facelift Empty Re: My 3 weeks old Forte going for a facelift

Post by mosabnet 6th November 2009, 5:06 am

oh, its so sad to hear that about your forte, hope C&C will fix it and give it the original look and no damage will can notice.
mosabnet
mosabnet

Back to top Go down

My 3 weeks old Forte going for a facelift Empty Re: My 3 weeks old Forte going for a facelift

Post by Potatoes 6th November 2009, 5:08 am

Hi Bed.... sorry to hear about the accident. U sounded very positive and seems sure of what u r doing. Thank goodness nobody was injured in this accident. Can you tell us how the insurance work for u in this case? Do u claim against the car that hit u from behind? What about the car that u hit in front?
Potatoes
Potatoes

Back to top Go down

Post by ace 6th November 2009, 7:16 am

Sorry to hear about your accident.

It is a good thing to keep a cool head and take all pictures and drivers' details.

This the only security / evidence that you have.....

You are roughly in the similar position that I was in 8 years back. 4th car in a 6 cars chain collision.

Sad to say.... the female army officer is probably getting away even though she probably caused the accident since she is the first car as the insurance company will blame the car behind and he/she in turn will the blame the fella behind...The logic of this case is that all who bang into the first car are driving too close to the one in front. So, the pity should go to the last car, the beemer. Being the last car, the time he can stop his car is a lot less than the front vehicles.

If you don't have video evidence to proof that you stop in time, and 7 & 8 bang into you.....whatever you say is probably not going to help you except how badly damaged is your car.

And please keep the original pictures and gives only the copy to workshop. In my case, the car driver in front took all the pictures, but he gave the originals to the workshop and the workshop refuses to give me a copy of the pictures....because the pictures can exonerate me and weaken his claim.

Unless all the cars are with the same insurance company, it is probably going to be a long drawn out case. You will get lawyer's letters from the other cars' insurance companies....it's going to be "fun". It took me four years to get back my NCD. In the meantime, the yearly insurance premiums are really painful.

ace

Back to top Go down

Post by JuanST 6th November 2009, 8:29 am

u dont sound depressed My 3 weeks old Forte going for a facelift Icon_scratch .... anyway... any pics to show the damage to ur car... want to compare with the damage i got when i was sanwiched between a honda accord and toyota altis a few years ago..... i was using an older kia then....
JuanST
JuanST

Back to top Go down

Post by Siaoster 6th November 2009, 9:02 am

Bed wrote:This morning met an accident at SLE after Upper Thomson exit. It's a chain collision involving 8 cars. I am the 6th car. Recalling back, I am very amazed. In such chaotic accident, nobody is injured. Immediately after the accident, everybody is cursing and swearing at the pregnant army officer lady who drove the first vehicle and jam brake. After which everybody starts talking on the phone. I am the only person keeps taking photos and asking them for driving license and details. Why nobody accept it's an accident and move on to do the recording immediately? More than 4 workshop owners turn up at the scene before TP arrive. They are trying to encourage us to repair at their workshop. How efficient they are!

I was even more amazed with my Forte! I actually managed to jam brake and brake at a few cm away from vehicle 5. If not within seconds, vehicle 7 & 8 bang onto me and the impact caused me to bang onto vehicle 5, I would have saved my NCD My 3 weeks old Forte going for a facelift Icon_cry If I am driving my old Vios, I definitely can't stop on time and banged onto vehicle 5. My Forte braking system powerful SIA! Tested and proven liao My 3 weeks old Forte going for a facelift Icon_lol BTW, vehicle 7 is a Vios. I really can understand why he banged onto my Forte. But to my surprise, vehicle 8 is a BMW. Such a heavy and sturdy car can't brake on time?

Also to my surprise, my Forte can actually still move after the accident. My old Vios definitely can't move anymore if banged on the front. As expected, 2 of the 8 vehicles can't move and have to call for EMAS to tow. Guess what? They are Vios.

Now my Forte is with C&C waiting to be "facelifted". They say need 2 weeks to repair. SIANZ! My Forte only 3 weeks old. I was given a Mitsubishi Lancer EX as a replacement car. Lancer is light and can really feel the light spirited pick up. However, it doesn't have that many gadgets and features for me to play with. But I like it's rain sensing wiper though My 3 weeks old Forte going for a facelift Icon_smile

Sorry to hear about this incident bro, look on the bright side, u get to drive a EX for 2 weeks !! My 3 weeks old Forte going for a facelift 332362
Some don even dream of owning a EX due to its pricing My 3 weeks old Forte going for a facelift Icon_lol
Siaoster
Siaoster

Back to top Go down

Post by ano57 6th November 2009, 9:37 am

Bed wrote:This morning met an accident at SLE after Upper Thomson exit. It's a chain collision involving 8 cars. I am the 6th car. Recalling back, I am very amazed. In such chaotic accident, nobody is injured. Immediately after the accident, everybody is cursing and swearing at the pregnant army officer lady who drove the first vehicle and jam brake. After which everybody starts talking on the phone. I am the only person keeps taking photos and asking them for driving license and details. Why nobody accept it's an accident and move on to do the recording immediately? More than 4 workshop owners turn up at the scene before TP arrive. They are trying to encourage us to repair at their workshop. How efficient they are!

So you are the one.
I passed by there. I rem yesterday there were 3 chain accidents.. from my route TPE,SLE,BKE,KJE, PIE
Urs were the longest... .JAmmed @ after Thompson exit...up the bridge section....

Reelax man. Most important no one injured.
I read from some statistics. Auto cars has higher chances of accident. I wonder if out of the 8 are all autos?
ano57
ano57

Back to top Go down

Post by danielg 6th November 2009, 9:48 am

Bed wrote:This morning met an accident at SLE after Upper Thomson exit. It's a chain collision involving 8 cars. I am the 6th car. ....

I was even more amazed with my Forte! I actually managed to jam brake and brake at a few cm away from vehicle 5.

Bro, want to find out from you if the ABS was activated? In case you're unaware, it should have a very fast "beating sound" and possibly vibration in your brake paddle.

Cos I was previous in an accident too, car suppose to have ABS but in the end, like never get activated like that. Maybe I didn't step hard enough.
danielg
danielg

Back to top Go down

Post by aural 6th November 2009, 10:33 am

Sorry to hear that. Good to see that you are so positive. But just to manage your expectations alittle chain collisions usually take a couple of months to years to settle fully. But just ensure you file the records and sign the accident release from both the front and rear driver, especially the rear.
aural
aural

Back to top Go down

Post by jl1500k 6th November 2009, 10:51 am

JuanST wrote:u dont sound depressed My 3 weeks old Forte going for a facelift Icon_scratch .... anyway... any pics to show the damage to ur car... want to compare with the damage i got when i was sanwiched between a honda accord and toyota altis a few years ago..... i was using an older kia then....

For those don't sound depressed and still can stay calm becos they had met a few accident before and learn from past experience.
So TS had done a good job. Take photo, write down drivers detail first (Draw picture of the road when necessary) and talk later. My 3 weeks old Forte going for a facelift Icon_cool
jl1500k
jl1500k

Back to top Go down

Post by JuanST 6th November 2009, 10:57 am

how many times u get banged before u become a "bang expert"?
JuanST
JuanST

Back to top Go down

Post by aural 6th November 2009, 11:00 am

Trust me. There is a difference between if you kenna bang and you bang people and if u dunno what is going on. Laughing

Btw, the front car wont be able to differentiate if you are banged by someone then hit him or you hit him directly so it is important to get the statement from the guy behind you.
aural
aural

Back to top Go down

Post by FriesL 6th November 2009, 11:33 am

oh! bed,
Sorry to hear that , but glad as no one was hurt.. ya..
i passed by that morning (opposite) seeing that massive jam all the way to yishun exit.. didn't realize of any forte in it..

Yes.. our forte safety is 1st class for its price... tested to with ABS activated... (or whatever system there..heee..)

but so lancer EX is lighter? but its 1.5l to ya?

FriesL

Back to top Go down

Post by The Blue Cruiser 6th November 2009, 11:47 am

at that kind of speed and distance, even a porsche can't brake in time. i don't know why sg drivers these days love to tailgate one another, and then blame others (eg. the lady driver) when an pile-up accident occurs. isn't this already been taught in driving schools?
The Blue Cruiser
The Blue Cruiser

Back to top Go down

Post by JuanST 6th November 2009, 11:59 am

too impatient.....
too much power too soon....
so little time .... so many things to do...
so little money.... so few passengers....
or just because....
i paid a lot of moolah to have this car and i paid for the road
.... get out of my way.... My 3 weeks old Forte going for a facelift Icon_smile
JuanST
JuanST

Back to top Go down

Post by jeRrRKKKK 6th November 2009, 3:30 pm

interested to see the crash pictures

some cars are made to completely chui when involved in accident to protect the driver, a few days back i saw pics of a lancer ex bang into 1st floor hdb house, the wall of the house and the gate totally bent but the lancer ex only got paint chips

wonder how will the forte hold up in an accident

jeRrRKKKK

Back to top Go down

Post by jeRrRKKKK 6th November 2009, 3:33 pm

The White Cruiser wrote:at that kind of speed and distance, even a porsche can't brake in time. i don't know why sg drivers these days love to tailgate one another, and then blame others (eg. the lady driver) when an pile-up accident occurs. isn't this already been taught in driving schools?

sometimes cannot be helped la, this is something like the crowd theory where when an even happens, only the 1st 2 people infront of the queue will know whats happening, the 3rd and 4th will know only half, the rest behind don't know anything at all

so in that sense the 5th car onwards will have less than 1 sec reaction time even if all cars involved have a 2 secs buffer

jeRrRKKKK

Back to top Go down

Post by JuanST 6th November 2009, 3:34 pm

last time i was driving spectra... honda and toyota mangled but the kia was dented.... so i want to see if forte have the same solid body as spectra....
JuanST
JuanST

Back to top Go down

Post by jeRrRKKKK 6th November 2009, 3:38 pm

if i'm not wrong the purpose of having the car to crush up so easily is to absorb the impact and protect the driver, so having a car with a strong frame isn't good

but in sg if the car chui and you are ok also you still die haha

jeRrRKKKK

Back to top Go down

Post by JuanST 6th November 2009, 3:49 pm

jeRrRKKKK wrote:if i'm not wrong the purpose of having the car to crush up so easily is to absorb the impact and protect the driver, so having a car with a strong frame isn't good

the percentage of car hitting a bigger automobile (truck) / wall is much lower to the percentage of a car hitting another car.... so if one car crumple fast and the other car is built like a tank, i will go for the tank....
i understand ur point just personal preference and experience....
JuanST
JuanST

Back to top Go down

Post by jeRrRKKKK 6th November 2009, 4:31 pm

wahahaha!!!
let the other car absorb your impact instead

jeRrRKKKK

Back to top Go down

Post by kapitan 6th November 2009, 4:37 pm

its rainy season now, stay well clear of the car in front of you and if the car behind is too close, filter, change lane and let him pass.... no point testing your brakes or let the ones behind you test their brakes...
kapitan
kapitan

Back to top Go down

Post by ano57 6th November 2009, 4:47 pm

i like Kapi's suggestion....
For me ... on headlight + fog light..... plus anytime HORN The liviing daylight of any car that tries to cut into my lane.....
small bike in heavy rain .... drenched to ur balls....
ITS PURE CRAP>........
ano57
ano57

Back to top Go down

Post by keigo 6th November 2009, 4:58 pm

speed limit is the cause.. cause have to drive so slow.. that's why end up everytime step abit and the car zoom zoom so fast so end up all tailgate lor... My 3 weeks old Forte going for a facelift Lol

But joke aside.. some driver really asking for it one, cause they can drive in lane 1 and yet drive slowly taking their own sweet time. I really hate these driver. Also they are the one that will always tend to suddenly jam brake here and there even infront no car.

So whenever I see these driver I will change lane and try to speed pass them before something bad happen.
keigo
keigo

Back to top Go down

Post by keigo 6th November 2009, 5:02 pm

kapitan wrote:its rainy season now, stay well clear of the car in front of you and if the car behind is too close, filter, change lane and let him pass.... no point testing your brakes or let the ones behind you test their brakes...

no I will correct your statement..... My 3 weeks old Forte going for a facelift Icon_twisted

its rainy season now, stay well clear of the car in front of you and if the car behind is too close try jam brake here and there so that he can bang into your back and for those who have their back got dented or whatever damage is time for you to repair it for free.... My 3 weeks old Forte going for a facelift 332362 My 3 weeks old Forte going for a facelift Lol
keigo
keigo

Back to top Go down

Post by JuanST 6th November 2009, 5:09 pm

lol
JuanST
JuanST

Back to top Go down

Post by ano57 6th November 2009, 5:22 pm

make sure is CAR.. not others.... >.<
ano57
ano57

Back to top Go down

Post by keigo 6th November 2009, 5:26 pm

keigo wrote:
kapitan wrote:its rainy season now, stay well clear of the car in front of you and if the car behind is too close, filter, change lane and let him pass.... no point testing your brakes or let the ones behind you test their brakes...

no I will correct your statement..... My 3 weeks old Forte going for a facelift Icon_twisted

its rainy season now, stay well clear of the car in front of you and if the car behind is too close try jam brake here and there so that he can bang into your back and for those who have their back got dented or whatever damage is time for you to repair it for free.... My 3 weeks old Forte going for a facelift 332362 My 3 weeks old Forte going for a facelift Lol

hmm ok... another correction...

its rainy season now, stay well clear of the car in front of you and if the car behind is too close try jam brake here and there so that behind CAR can bang into your back and for those who have their back got dented or whatever damage is time for you to repair it for free.... My 3 weeks old Forte going for a facelift 332362
keigo
keigo

Back to top Go down

Post by JuanST 6th November 2009, 5:29 pm

keigo... why the sudden emphasis on grammar? My 3 weeks old Forte going for a facelift Icon_scratch
JuanST
JuanST

Back to top Go down

Post by keigo 6th November 2009, 5:32 pm

JuanST wrote:keigo... why the sudden emphasis on grammar? My 3 weeks old Forte going for a facelift Icon_scratch

because it's Friday also.. if grammar got error wait gatta shoot by "someone" My 3 weeks old Forte going for a facelift Lol
keigo
keigo

Back to top Go down

Post by JuanST 6th November 2009, 5:35 pm

ha ha ha.... yup... i was starting to polish up my victorian english as well as my latin/spanish words, the the thread got deleted.....
JuanST
JuanST

Back to top Go down

Post by liplip 6th November 2009, 6:39 pm

JuanST wrote:
jeRrRKKKK wrote:if i'm not wrong the purpose of having the car to crush up so easily is to absorb the impact and protect the driver, so having a car with a strong frame isn't good

the percentage of car hitting a bigger automobile (truck) / wall is much lower to the percentage of a car hitting another car.... so if one car crumple fast and the other car is built like a tank, i will go for the tank....
i understand ur point just personal preference and experience....

Idea sia...

liplip

Back to top Go down

Post by ace 6th November 2009, 6:49 pm

The tank is better.....

In my case, the front car badly damaged.....the car behind badly damaged... my car not too bad as both front and back have steel bar in the bumpers. My car looks ok, but the both the front and back cars look like scrap cars.

But whatever it is....it is no fun being hit so hard like I was...you are practically thrown forward violently and than recoil backward violently and forward again....that is where the whiplash protection is important.

So the advise is get out the way if you can....

And Singapore should introduce laws to fine those drivers driving slowly on lane 1. Such law are provided in the USA e.g. in California.

ace

Back to top Go down

Post by Bed 7th November 2009, 12:04 am

Potatoes wrote:Hi Bed.... sorry to hear about the accident. U sounded very positive and seems sure of what u r doing. Thank goodness nobody was injured in this accident. Can you tell us how the insurance work for u in this case? Do u claim against the car that hit u from behind? What about the car that u hit in front?

I am claiming the 7th car (Vios) for my damage. The 5th car (Mazda 3) claiming my insurance.
Bed
Bed

Back to top Go down

Post by Bed 7th November 2009, 12:16 am

ace wrote:Sorry to hear about your accident.

It is a good thing to keep a cool head and take all pictures and drivers' details.

This the only security / evidence that you have.....

You are roughly in the similar position that I was in 8 years back. 4th car in a 6 cars chain collision.

Sad to say.... the female army officer is probably getting away even though she probably caused the accident since she is the first car as the insurance company will blame the car behind and he/she in turn will the blame the fella behind...The logic of this case is that all who bang into the first car are driving too close to the one in front. So, the pity should go to the last car, the beemer. Being the last car, the time he can stop his car is a lot less than the front vehicles.

If you don't have video evidence to proof that you stop in time, and 7 & 8 bang into you.....whatever you say is probably not going to help you except how badly damaged is your car.

And please keep the original pictures and gives only the copy to workshop. In my case, the car driver in front took all the pictures, but he gave the originals to the workshop and the workshop refuses to give me a copy of the pictures....because the pictures can exonerate me and weaken his claim.

Unless all the cars are with the same insurance company, it is probably going to be a long drawn out case. You will get lawyer's letters from the other cars' insurance companies....it's going to be "fun". It took me four years to get back my NCD. In the meantime, the yearly insurance premiums are really painful.

The pregnant lady jam brake cos there's a car skided and hit on the road divider. But it's some 6/7 car distance away from where her car stop. That's where it causes a lot of unhappiness among us, the victims!

Yeah, I don't think I got a good case as I don't have a video evidence.

As expected, my premium next year will be high and my NCD drop by 30%. This is the price we pay for driving in Singapore! Luckily no injuries or dead, if not more draggy and may be call for court summons......
Bed
Bed

Back to top Go down

Post by Bed 7th November 2009, 12:24 am

JuanST wrote:u dont sound depressed My 3 weeks old Forte going for a facelift Icon_scratch .... anyway... any pics to show the damage to ur car... want to compare with the damage i got when i was sanwiched between a honda accord and toyota altis a few years ago..... i was using an older kia then....

This is the price you have to bear for driving in Singapore! Emotionally affected, but life still goes on. So long as no injuries and still living, still got a car to drive, I think I am ok for time being......

How to upload picture?
Bed
Bed

Back to top Go down

Post by Bed 7th November 2009, 12:26 am

Siaoster wrote:

Sorry to hear about this incident bro, look on the bright side, u get to drive a EX for 2 weeks !! My 3 weeks old Forte going for a facelift 332362
Some don even dream of owning a EX due to its pricing My 3 weeks old Forte going for a facelift Icon_lol

Yeah, today realise EX horn so loud! Aircon on at 23 degree C whenever I come out of car, my spectacles fog. It's keyless entry! My 3 weeks old Forte going for a facelift 332362
Bed
Bed

Back to top Go down

Post by Bed 7th November 2009, 12:31 am

ano57 wrote:

So you are the one.
I passed by there. I rem yesterday there were 3 chain accidents.. from my route TPE,SLE,BKE,KJE, PIE
Urs were the longest... .JAmmed @ after Thompson exit...up the bridge section....

Reelax man. Most important no one injured.
I read from some statistics. Auto cars has higher chances of accident. I wonder if out of the 8 are all autos?

Oppss... Sorry to cause 1 of the jams. I wanted to move off, but no one seems wanted to move.

I am not sure about whether all 8 are autos. But 6 are japs, 1 Korean and 1 conti. Mine is the newest My 3 weeks old Forte going for a facelift Icon_cry
Bed
Bed

Back to top Go down

Post by Bed 7th November 2009, 12:35 am

danielg wrote:
Bed wrote:This morning met an accident at SLE after Upper Thomson exit. It's a chain collision involving 8 cars. I am the 6th car. ....

I was even more amazed with my Forte! I actually managed to jam brake and brake at a few cm away from vehicle 5.

Bro, want to find out from you if the ABS was activated? In case you're unaware, it should have a very fast "beating sound" and possibly vibration in your brake paddle.

Cos I was previous in an accident too, car suppose to have ABS but in the end, like never get activated like that. Maybe I didn't step hard enough.

When I first step hard on the brake, no ABS activated. Within seconds ABS kicked in and I step even harder. So hard til my wife (only passenger) told me later she can feel the whole car vibrating.
Bed
Bed

Back to top Go down

Post by Bed 7th November 2009, 1:02 am

jl1500k wrote:

For those don't sound depressed and still can stay calm becos they had met a few accident before and learn from past experience.
So TS had done a good job. Take photo, write down drivers detail first (Draw picture of the road when necessary) and talk later. My 3 weeks old Forte going for a facelift Icon_cool

Yeah, I very experienced 1 My 3 weeks old Forte going for a facelift Icon_razz Got rub against by 2 motors while filtering lane (Lesson learn: Never switch lane whenever I saw on-coming motors no matter how far they are), banged by 3 cars from behind (Lesson learn: Step very hard on the brakes and make sure you don't bang onto the car in front) banged a Nissan Sunny back to beat traffic light (Lesson learn: Keep a safe distance from the vehicle in front when entering traffic light cos you won't know they may jam break on seeing amber light and get ready to stop) and banged a Camry back by keeping at least 1 car distance at speed of 80 to 90 km/hr (Lesson learn: Never drive behind a super cautious driver and keep at least 2 car distance away when moving in expressway). I talk like BUAY PAISEH. But actually I very PAISEH to list out my experince My 3 weeks old Forte going for a facelift Icon_redface But just want to share my experience and especially my lesson learn. Chain collision is my first time. Why I can keep my cool maybe also partially I am a Financial Planner myself and I always update myself with trainings provided. So I know roughly what to do in such situations. But theory and on the ground is really a vast different.
Bed
Bed

Back to top Go down

Post by Bed 7th November 2009, 1:23 am

jeRrRKKKK wrote:
The White Cruiser wrote:at that kind of speed and distance, even a porsche can't brake in time. i don't know why sg drivers these days love to tailgate one another, and then blame others (eg. the lady driver) when an pile-up accident occurs. isn't this already been taught in driving schools?

sometimes cannot be helped la, this is something like the crowd theory where when an even happens, only the 1st 2 people infront of the queue will know whats happening, the 3rd and 4th will know only half, the rest behind don't know anything at all

so in that sense the 5th car onwards will have less than 1 sec reaction time even if all cars involved have a 2 secs buffer

Yeah, I only know when I saw car 1 to 4 suddenly jam brake and i start stepping on the brake, next second car 1 to 4 crash onto each other. The adrenaline kicks in is when nearing the crash and you see car 5 also jamming hard on the brake and you are so near to each other. It's when all collision stops that I dare to come out of the car and realise car 1 stops because there's another crash site some 6/7 car distance away from her.
Bed
Bed

Back to top Go down

Post by miko komi 7th November 2009, 1:45 am

Hi bed... i'm glad that u and ur wif are ok...

Do the airbag activate once u hit the front car ?
miko komi
miko komi

Back to top Go down

Post by Bed 7th November 2009, 2:07 am

miko komi wrote:Hi bed... i'm glad that u and ur wif are ok...

Do the airbag activate once u hit the front car ?

Thanks. No airbag activated. My Forte bonnet did not bend. So the internal is still ok. Wanted to show the pictures of how hardy our Forte is, but can't upload. Anybody can help a low tech person on this?
Bed
Bed

Back to top Go down

Post by amerimacka 7th November 2009, 10:49 am

there are 2 icons for images when you do the quick reply at the bottom. one is to host the photos at another site, while another is to upload manually? play around with it and im sure you can manage. and btw, sorry abt ya ride. My 3 weeks old Forte going for a facelift Icon_evil
amerimacka
amerimacka

Back to top Go down

Post by Bed 8th November 2009, 3:10 pm

My 3 weeks old Forte going for a facelift Forte_14
My 3 weeks old Forte going for a facelift Fortev10
My Forte backside with Vios front.
Bed
Bed

Back to top Go down

Post by Bed 8th November 2009, 3:14 pm

My 3 weeks old Forte going for a facelift Image_11" border="0" />My 3 weeks old Forte going for a facelift Image_10
Mazda backside with My Forte front.
Bed
Bed

Back to top Go down

Post by Blacks 8th November 2009, 11:43 pm

This is the worst case scenario i ALWAYS anticipated on the road. On highway when any cars follow behind me and I can't see their head lamp i'll tap brake Intermittently to signal them. May not eliminate accident but at least reduce the impact and keep me alive to go back to my family.
Blacks
Blacks

Back to top Go down

Post by Siaoster 9th November 2009, 8:15 am

Blacks wrote:This is the worst case scenario i ALWAYS anticipated on the road. On highway when any cars follow behind me and I can't see their head lamp i'll tap brake Intermittently to signal them. May not eliminate accident but at least reduce the impact and keep me alive to go back to my family.

Sad to say even if u do that....some don even bother about your signalling to them....especially those that has "I am faster than you" or "I am in a hurry", "get out of my way" ego.....only when things happen then they regret..... Evil or Very Mad
Siaoster
Siaoster

Back to top Go down

Post by KingJerry 9th November 2009, 10:09 pm

But Bed you never hit the car infront of you right?
KingJerry
KingJerry

Back to top Go down

Post by Terrier 9th November 2009, 10:53 pm

Blacks wrote:This is the worst case scenario i ALWAYS anticipated on the road. On highway when any cars follow behind me and I can't see their head lamp i'll tap brake Intermittently to signal them. May not eliminate accident but at least reduce the impact and keep me alive to go back to my family.

usually if i dont see the headlight of the car behind me.. i will signal left and let them cross.. remember nv hog the right lane!

but this case the pregnant lady shld on her hazard light while e-braking.. so other car behind knows she's slowly down emergency!!

anyway not many pple can react in such a way..

look at the accident pictures.. can see that mazda metal is quite fragile.. forte can crash so deep in and look forte bonnet did nt bend upwards.. look at the vios bonnet.. crash in with bonnet bended up!
Terrier
Terrier

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next