Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» assay
Fuel Meter goes to --- when left with 50km to go. Is it normal?? Empty4th August 2011, 10:13 pm by Guest

» APP Leading Website Generator
Fuel Meter goes to --- when left with 50km to go. Is it normal?? Empty4th August 2011, 11:47 am by Guest

» check-up
Fuel Meter goes to --- when left with 50km to go. Is it normal?? Empty4th August 2011, 10:03 am by Guest

» Blu-ray to iPad Ripper lift Blu glimmer DVD movies quest of iPad
Fuel Meter goes to --- when left with 50km to go. Is it normal?? Empty4th August 2011, 8:24 am by Guest

» ubiquitous
Fuel Meter goes to --- when left with 50km to go. Is it normal?? Empty4th August 2011, 6:07 am by Guest

» South african indian dating. Nz internet dating.
Fuel Meter goes to --- when left with 50km to go. Is it normal?? Empty3rd August 2011, 8:57 pm by Guest

» WHAT CREEPY IDEA ON YOUTUBE HASN'T ALREADY BEEN DONE YET?
Fuel Meter goes to --- when left with 50km to go. Is it normal?? Empty3rd August 2011, 7:30 pm by Guest

» buy facebook fan f8
Fuel Meter goes to --- when left with 50km to go. Is it normal?? Empty3rd August 2011, 3:15 pm by Guest

» division
Fuel Meter goes to --- when left with 50km to go. Is it normal?? Empty3rd August 2011, 11:43 am by Guest

RSS feeds

MSN 

Fuel Meter goes to --- when left with 50km to go. Is it normal??

+7
KenOrCannot
eeyore79
longbow
aural
Potatoes
impact2001
Forte81
11 posters

Go down

Fuel Meter goes to --- when left with 50km to go. Is it normal?? Empty Fuel Meter goes to --- when left with 50km to go. Is it normal??

Post by Forte81 24th October 2009, 2:40 am

Hi guys, first time in this forum. Previously was posting in SG Kia club and Mycarforum only. My friend intro to me this place, says its more active here!

Can i check whether anyone else's fortes have this particular problem i'm facing?

When i'm left with 50km before the tank is empty, the display changes to ---. I just did my 10k servicing today and highlighted the problem to them. When i collected the vehicle, the customer rep said that nothing can be done as the fuel gauge can't calculate after 50km. He even carried on to say, "its the same for all the fortes".

Is this normal? Then how do i know how many km i have left after 50km?? To me, it sounds like bollocks since i recall reading about this as a problem. Also feeling particularly pissed cos they took 6.5 freaking hours to service my car and i wasted 1 day's leave when i expected to be back at work at at most 1pm.

I just need some confimation from the bros here that the display should still show the km left after 50km before i go back to give that ******* a good lecture on not treating customers like ignorant people.

This same fella also does not understand english. I told him my back suspension creaks on a cold start, if someone sits in the back and he requested for my exhaust and the loose fittings at the back to be tightened. I was thinking, "i waited 6.5 hours for you to tell me nothing is solved"? Totally unacceptable. I'm seriously thinking of going elsewhere after this servicing.

Forte81

Back to top Go down

Fuel Meter goes to --- when left with 50km to go. Is it normal?? Empty Re: Fuel Meter goes to --- when left with 50km to go. Is it normal??

Post by impact2001 24th October 2009, 2:45 am

oh yes,, this had been discussed actively and is not a problem.. it the same for all forte.
impact2001
impact2001

Back to top Go down

Fuel Meter goes to --- when left with 50km to go. Is it normal?? Empty Re: Fuel Meter goes to --- when left with 50km to go. Is it normal??

Post by Potatoes 24th October 2009, 8:26 am

Normal lah.... but someone told me dun wait until --- ....if not u got to push car to petrol station... Fuel Meter goes to --- when left with 50km to go. Is it normal?? Lol
Potatoes
Potatoes

Back to top Go down

Post by aural 24th October 2009, 8:31 am

Potatoes wrote:Normal lah.... but someone told me dun wait until --- ....if not u got to push car to petrol station... Fuel Meter goes to --- when left with 50km to go. Is it normal?? Lol
Wait for your light to turn red then u start to panic. Fuel Meter goes to --- when left with 50km to go. Is it normal?? Icon_lol
aural
aural

Back to top Go down

Post by Forte81 24th October 2009, 2:54 pm

Thanks for the advice guys. Lucky i never make a fuss. Anyway they also did a wheel alignment for me but later on i realised my steering wheel is now slightly off-centered, wtf c&c..

Forte81

Back to top Go down

Post by longbow 24th October 2009, 3:01 pm

i didnt get this problem lei, mine read Distance to empty: 40+ last night
longbow
longbow

Back to top Go down

Post by eeyore79 24th October 2009, 3:17 pm

i got it last night 50 then --.. light stilll at yellow warning. pump within the next 1 km. any idea how much further can it go when -- ???
eeyore79
eeyore79

Back to top Go down

Post by KenOrCannot 24th October 2009, 8:19 pm

eeyore79 wrote:i got it last night 50 then --.. light stilll at yellow warning. pump within the next 1 km. any idea how much further can it go when -- ???
Can try. But must standby a tin of petrol first. If not later gotta push car call friend ta pao petrol for you keke. Fuel Meter goes to --- when left with 50km to go. Is it normal?? Icon_razz
KenOrCannot
KenOrCannot

Back to top Go down

Post by GnoMisH 24th October 2009, 8:49 pm

eeyore79 wrote:i got it last night 50 then --.. light stilll at yellow warning. pump within the next 1 km. any idea how much further can it go when -- ???

maximum I've ever pumped full tank was 50.14 litres... Fuel Meter goes to --- when left with 50km to go. Is it normal?? Icon_biggrin
GnoMisH
GnoMisH

Back to top Go down

Post by FriesL 24th October 2009, 9:46 pm

Think its normal as stated in the manual... so.. nothing to worry.. to test.. immediately after 50km.. blink.. turn to odo / trip to gauge lo..

i tried to about 20+km... but its not good as it may spoil the fuel pump... so better off pump right away...

FriesL

Back to top Go down

Post by Potatoes 25th October 2009, 5:53 am

GnoMisH wrote:

maximum I've ever pumped full tank was 50.14 litres... Fuel Meter goes to --- when left with 50km to go. Is it normal?? Icon_biggrin

Wah.... u r really superb! our max fuel capacity is 51L.... I have never gone beyond 46L leh....
Potatoes
Potatoes

Back to top Go down

Post by kenincf 25th October 2009, 8:11 am

If I remember well, it should be 52L...
kenincf
kenincf

Back to top Go down

Post by GnoMisH 25th October 2009, 10:43 am

Potatoes wrote:
GnoMisH wrote:

Wah.... u r really superb! our max fuel capacity is 51L.... I have never gone beyond 46L leh....

yah... another 20km more and I'll be stranded on the road
GnoMisH
GnoMisH

Back to top Go down

Post by astroboy28 25th October 2009, 9:10 pm

does our reserve tank amt is included in the 52L?
astroboy28
astroboy28

Back to top Go down

Post by eeyore79 25th October 2009, 9:14 pm

Potatoes wrote:
GnoMisH wrote:

ha ha manage to force 48L of shell yesterday , after a $10 top up when reading goes -- the night before
eeyore79
eeyore79

Back to top Go down

Post by astroboy28 25th October 2009, 9:15 pm

well done!
astroboy28
astroboy28

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down