Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» assay
Distance to empty meter Empty4th August 2011, 10:13 pm by Guest

» APP Leading Website Generator
Distance to empty meter Empty4th August 2011, 11:47 am by Guest

» check-up
Distance to empty meter Empty4th August 2011, 10:03 am by Guest

» Blu-ray to iPad Ripper lift Blu glimmer DVD movies quest of iPad
Distance to empty meter Empty4th August 2011, 8:24 am by Guest

» ubiquitous
Distance to empty meter Empty4th August 2011, 6:07 am by Guest

» South african indian dating. Nz internet dating.
Distance to empty meter Empty3rd August 2011, 8:57 pm by Guest

» WHAT CREEPY IDEA ON YOUTUBE HASN'T ALREADY BEEN DONE YET?
Distance to empty meter Empty3rd August 2011, 7:30 pm by Guest

» buy facebook fan f8
Distance to empty meter Empty3rd August 2011, 3:15 pm by Guest

» division
Distance to empty meter Empty3rd August 2011, 11:43 am by Guest

RSS feeds

MSN 

Distance to empty meter

+30
wslamvin00
Forte899
despng
aural
muff
kenincf
Happy
zhuzhumao
Terrier
shin365
Kev_78
tiny
JasLovesForte
FriesL
Aura
ForKia
zleipnir
zlement
lukester
Kiang
index
nocash
Fortei
Potatoes
KnGp
Fortec
thaliamei
waypoint
Divine
cmgan
34 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Distance to empty meter Empty Distance to empty meter

Post by cmgan 7th August 2009, 11:36 pm

Hi,

I noticed that whenever the Distance to empty meter hit 50km, after that it goes into blinking "---". No more indication of how many km left. This happened to me twice liao.

Anyone noticed this? Is this normal?

How long more can the car go? maybe can share individual experience of the limit when the Distance to Empty meter turns ---

Thanks.
cmgan
cmgan
cmgan

Back to top Go down

Distance to empty meter Empty Re: Distance to empty meter

Post by Divine 7th August 2009, 11:43 pm

no lay mine when till 40 still have dun dare try more dunno accurate or not
Divine
Divine

Back to top Go down

Post by waypoint 7th August 2009, 11:52 pm

Mine goes all the way down to 28-km... Twisted Evil

And yes, it'd better be bloody accurate.... Suspect
waypoint
waypoint

Back to top Go down

Post by cmgan 7th August 2009, 11:54 pm

damn, mine only stops at 50km.... then go ---- liao.....argh.....

can ask them to check during servicing?
cmgan
cmgan

Back to top Go down

Post by thaliamei 8th August 2009, 12:29 am

I drove from Malaysia back to Singapore towards reaching Malaysia check point at second link and left with 8KM, still can show, never blink.

Waited to reach the last Petronas to let my car drink full before coming back to Singapore.
thaliamei
thaliamei

Back to top Go down

Post by waypoint 8th August 2009, 12:59 am

Seriously, being a lady driver and if you were alone on the roads up-north, I'm sure you don't want to even imagine being out of fuel... Don't tempt fate. Shocked

I wouldn't do it if even if I had my family with me. The reason why I always prepare a road trip kit for occasions like this.

BR,
w a y

thaliamei wrote:I drove from Malaysia back to Singapore towards reaching Malaysia check point at second link and left with 8KM, still can show, never blink.

Waited to reach the last Petronas to let my car drink full before coming back to Singapore.
waypoint
waypoint

Back to top Go down

Post by cmgan 8th August 2009, 1:11 am

damn, that means my meter got problem.
cmgan
cmgan

Back to top Go down

Post by Fortec 8th August 2009, 1:50 am

waypoint wrote:Seriously, being a lady driver and if you were alone on the roads up-north, I'm sure you don't want to even imagine being out of fuel... Don't tempt fate. Shocked

I wouldn't do it if even if I had my family with me. The reason why I always prepare a road trip kit for occasions like this.

BR,
w a y

thaliamei wrote:I drove from Malaysia back to Singapore towards reaching Malaysia check point at second link and left with 8KM, still can show, never blink.

Good advice.
Fortec
Fortec

Back to top Go down

Post by KnGp 8th August 2009, 2:34 am

im thinking is it the EX/SX difference??? im juz purely guessing only cos i dunno which model u all are driving. mine is SX and i oso got the same situation as TS. the lowest number i can see is 50km. any lower become blinking "---". tried 3 times liao all same..
KnGp
KnGp

Back to top Go down

Post by Potatoes 8th August 2009, 2:38 am

I have never wait till blinking on the panel.

However, I would like to ask if anyone knows what is the reading on the Distance to empty meter when it is pumped FULL Tank. Mine seems to show only around 460km. Is it normal???
Potatoes
Potatoes

Back to top Go down

Post by Fortei 8th August 2009, 2:50 am

when i pumped full tank it shows 580+km... 1.6EX
Fortei
Fortei

Back to top Go down

Post by Fortec 8th August 2009, 2:53 am

Potatoes wrote:I have never wait till blinking on the panel.

However, I would like to ask if anyone knows what is the reading on the Distance to empty meter when it is pumped FULL Tank. Mine seems to show only around 460km. Is it normal???

Mine is 6xxkm.

Distance left is based on fuel volume in tank and either a fixed or variable fuel consumption figure.

If it's a fixed one, we should all have more or less similar readings unless there's some equipment malfunction, or different fuel tank size!
If it's a variable one, it could probably based on your mean past FC usage.

Keep it simple like old school vehicles, top up when you have the chance especially if you are on long trips.
Fortec
Fortec

Back to top Go down

Post by Potatoes 8th August 2009, 3:04 am

Is there a malfunction on my "Distance to Empty" Meter.... WHenever I pumped full tank, it always show around 460km..... This is already my 8th tank.... never exceeded 500km ...

so I never will exceed 500km with Full tank. Max is only 450km on a full tank, which works out to about 10km/L for FC.
Potatoes
Potatoes

Back to top Go down

Post by Fortec 8th August 2009, 3:08 am

Potatoes wrote:Is there a malfunction on my "Distance to Empty" Meter.... WHenever I pumped full tank, it always show around 460km..... This is already my 8th tank.... never exceeded 500km ...

so I never will exceed 500km with Full tank. Max is only 450km on a full tank, which works out to about 10km/L for FC.

Check with the workshop on ur next servicing or just call and ask.
or
use your trip meter A or B and tally against it.
Fortec
Fortec

Back to top Go down

Post by KnGp 8th August 2009, 3:12 am

dunno leh but seems lesser than mine by alot. mine is between 560km-580km, depending on how much the petrol guy pumped. usually after the petrol gun auto stop the person still pump some more, like 3-5L more..
KnGp
KnGp

Back to top Go down

Post by Potatoes 8th August 2009, 3:13 am

Fortec wrote:
Potatoes wrote:Is there a malfunction on my "Distance to Empty" Meter.... WHenever I pumped full tank, it always show around 460km..... This is already my 8th tank.... never exceeded 500km ...

Check with the workshop on ur next servicing or just call and ask.
or
use your trip meter A or B and tally against it.

Thanks Fortec... will call to ask
Potatoes
Potatoes

Back to top Go down

Post by nocash 8th August 2009, 12:37 pm

KnGp wrote:

dunno leh but seems lesser than mine by alot. mine is between 560km-580km, depending on how much the petrol guy pumped. usually after the petrol gun auto stop the person still pump some more, like 3-5L more..

the maximum can go to 8L... cyclops
nocash
nocash

Back to top Go down

Post by Divine 8th August 2009, 2:46 pm

mine DTG when full tank is always 6XXkm
Divine
Divine

Back to top Go down

Post by index 8th August 2009, 4:09 pm

Hi,

You can read this up in the car manual, when it is blinking "---", it means the system detects that there is less than 50km in the tank.

From personal experience, i think it will continue to show 49km, 48km, 47km.....if u keep driving after it has first gone below 50km to go. However, once you shut off the engine, it will display "---" on the next start up.

I hope i am right. Was doing mental math while driving to make sure the car can last the distance ha ha!

then again, there is a petrol kiosk every few km in Singapore!

btw i am driving a 1.6 SX(A)

KnGp wrote:im thinking is it the EX/SX difference??? im juz purely guessing only cos i dunno which model u all are driving. mine is SX and i oso got the same situation as TS. the lowest number i can see is 50km. any lower become blinking "---". tried 3 times liao all same..

index

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiang 8th August 2009, 7:12 pm

when i pump full tank .... fuel reach to the tip of the tank,
my meter show 6++KM ....

Mine is 1.6EX Manual heehee

i tried until the red indicator up.. i balance 60 KM... but scare ... so go pump liao ...

my full tank can go 700km ..
Kiang
Kiang

Back to top Go down

Post by lukester 8th August 2009, 7:52 pm

My meter when full tank reads 520km if i dun remember wrongly.

However I always drive 580km or so before I top up. That is one bar left on my fuel meter and of cos some spare petrol after the E mark.

So technically speaking, my full tank should be more than 600km minimum. My on board computer maths fail....
lukester
lukester

Back to top Go down

Post by thaliamei 8th August 2009, 7:57 pm

waypoint wrote:Seriously, being a lady driver and if you were alone on the roads up-north, I'm sure you don't want to even imagine being out of fuel... Don't tempt fate. Shocked

BR,
w a y

Thanks for the advice. Actually I was very nervous and worried, even I was told that there will be some petrol kiosks just before the check point, and my GPS shows that I should have enough fuel to reach Singapore, but when the fuel really running low....

So far for me, when I pump full tank, distance to empty is about 470KM plus, never go more that 480. Maybe my Forte is 2.0, and FC is poor, and also probably my driving habit is very lousy.
thaliamei
thaliamei

Back to top Go down

Post by lukester 8th August 2009, 11:13 pm

i remember when I used to go on road trips in australia, I always have the tin can in my boot filled with petrol, I think it was 5l. always worried I have no petrol. Always make sure I won't go below 1/4 tank before I pump up.

1/4 can go quite far, maybe 100km at least for your 2.0l.
lukester
lukester

Back to top Go down

Post by zlement 9th August 2009, 12:00 am

my latest reading is 710Km when pump full tank..
zlement
zlement

Back to top Go down

Post by Potatoes 9th August 2009, 1:06 am

zlement wrote:my latest reading is 710Km when pump full tank..

Wah... that's a big difference from my 1.6SX(A).... mine is only 460km when pumped full tank... something isnt right... anyone know what is the problem???
Potatoes
Potatoes

Back to top Go down

Post by waypoint 9th August 2009, 1:48 am

Just a guess, but maybe it has to do with if after you top-up and immediately reset either Trip A or Trip B on the digital gauge, do anyone of you with issues of low figures being shown reset either or both trip figures mid-tank? That may account for low estimated readings the next time you top-up.

For me, the reading on Trip A monitors my next servicing while Trip B keeps tabs on current tank mileage.

BR,
w a y
waypoint
waypoint

Back to top Go down

Post by zleipnir 9th August 2009, 2:44 am

min is 6XXkm also... and not yet full tank....

Fortec wrote:

Mine is 6xxkm.

Distance left is based on fuel volume in tank and either a fixed or variable fuel consumption figure.

If it's a fixed one, we should all have more or less similar readings unless there's some equipment malfunction, or different fuel tank size!
If it's a variable one, it could probably based on your mean past FC usage.

Keep it simple like old school vehicles, top up when you have the chance especially if you are on long trips.
zleipnir
zleipnir

Back to top Go down

Post by zlement 9th August 2009, 4:05 pm

Potatoes wrote:
zlement wrote:my latest reading is 710Km when pump full tank..

Wah... that's a big difference from my 1.6SX(A).... mine is only 460km when pumped full tank... something isnt right... anyone know what is the problem???

my reading is higher due to my 80% highway travelling n feather light right foot.. Very Happy
zlement
zlement

Back to top Go down

Post by Potatoes 13th September 2009, 9:23 am

KnGp wrote:

I went for 5K servicing at Leng Kee on Fri. I manage to get the service technician to rectify this problem. They managed to recalibrate the meter ..... now at full tank, the DISTANCE TO EMPTY shows 560km .... suddenly everything seems different - the average FC calculation also changed.... it has improved from 11L/100km to 8L/100km. Overall FC has indeed improved after this service.

Those brothers with this problem should go to Leng Kee and get the tech to fix the problem.
Potatoes
Potatoes

Back to top Go down

Post by ForKia 16th September 2009, 9:39 am

Hi Potatoes, finially your FC is back to normal. Beside the meter showing about 8L/km did you monitor yr FC base on manual calculation (distance travel/fuel top up)?

ForKia

Back to top Go down

Post by Aura 16th September 2009, 11:15 am

Top up twice and both times show about 560 - 570 KM to empty. Both times around 50KM then it goes blank. Both times I drive about another 50KM before topping up.

Is there anyway to attach a doc? I can share my spreadsheet.
Aura
Aura

Back to top Go down

Post by Potatoes 16th September 2009, 11:36 am

ForKia wrote:Hi Potatoes, finially your FC is back to normal. Beside the meter showing about 8L/km did you monitor yr FC base on manual calculation (distance travel/fuel top up)?

Now that the metering has been fixed, I am monitoring my FC again based on manual calculation. FC seemed to have improved as I now register higher milege with the same amount of petrol. I believe I can get at least 12-13km/L with the repaired metering.
Potatoes
Potatoes

Back to top Go down

Post by FriesL 16th September 2009, 12:15 pm

Hi, mine showing ~570km too to full tank.. and i can confirm it shows --- after 50km... and keep blinking... not showing anything after... but needle already pointing lower then the "E"... Razz

wonder if it will show above 600... bow btw, my avg FC is at 7.5l/100km... and i think its pretty accurate.. but just wonder why its different to many...

FriesL

Back to top Go down

Post by JasLovesForte 18th September 2009, 11:20 pm

Hi bros and sis, I have just pumped my 1.6 SX (A) with Shell V. Power to almost full tank and the meter registers as shown in the pic. Is this normal or my meter is faulty too?

Distance to empty meter Meter11
JasLovesForte
JasLovesForte

Back to top Go down

Post by Aura 19th September 2009, 1:44 am

JasLovesForte wrote:Hi bros and sis, I have just pumped my 1.6 SX (A) with Shell V. Power to almost full tank and the meter registers as shown in the pic. Is this normal or my meter is faulty too?

Don look right to me. Check your receipt. How many liters were pumped?
Aura
Aura

Back to top Go down

Post by Potatoes 19th September 2009, 6:22 am

JasLovesForte wrote:Hi bros and sis, I have just pumped my 1.6 SX (A) with Shell V. Power to almost full tank and the meter registers as shown in the pic. Is this normal or my meter is faulty too?

JasLovesForteThere is a problem with the metering and it needs to be calibrated Otherwise it affects ur FC calculation. YOu have to send FOrte to Leng Kee on ur 1K servicing and they will fix this problem for u.
Your FC should improve therafter.
Potatoes
Potatoes

Back to top Go down

Post by waypoint 19th September 2009, 10:08 am

*sighs* Can't KIA get anything right? I can accept if an issue was there all along. But not when something wasn't a source of problem before but now is.
waypoint
waypoint

Back to top Go down

Post by JasLovesForte 19th September 2009, 2:14 pm

Had alerted the SE last night and his advice was to restart the engine and monitor the ride from there. If the problem still persists then bring up on the 1K servicing.

I went to restart the engine just now and the meter readings are as follow:

Distance to Empty: 362km (drop by 1 from 363km)
Average FC: 29.2L/ 100km (it increases to 35.4L after a spin at the carpark)
Average: 13km/h (only this one remains stable and encouraging)

I had pumped $50 of V-Power when the meter was just about one notch before E.

Will feedback to you guys again when I bring it out for a ride Smile
JasLovesForte
JasLovesForte

Back to top Go down

Post by tiny 19th September 2009, 2:42 pm

Usually when I pump full tank, my Distance to Empty is about 620km.

When my fuel gauge gets to the middle mark, my Distance Travelled + Distance to empty is about 680km (700km or more if I'm lightfooted).

I can usually get at least 680km out of each tank, but I pump when my car's Distance to Empty mark is below 100km.

Mine's a 1.6SX manual.

tiny

Back to top Go down

Post by waypoint 19th September 2009, 4:17 pm

HooAH! Distance to empty meter 332362

tiny wrote:Usually when I pump full tank, my Distance to Empty is about 620km.

When my fuel gauge gets to the middle mark, my Distance Travelled + Distance to empty is about 680km (700km or more if I'm lightfooted).

I can usually get at least 680km out of each tank, but I pump when my car's Distance to Empty mark is below 100km.

Mine's a 1.6SX manual.
waypoint
waypoint

Back to top Go down

Post by Kev_78 19th September 2009, 4:22 pm

Mine's a 1.6SX manual.

Distance to empty meter 332362 Envy bro..my 1.6SX(A) full tank can run only 550km. Pump shell 98. Is this normal
?

Kev_78

Back to top Go down

Post by shin365 19th September 2009, 4:46 pm

kev_78, u car odo is how much le?

my also around 500++ nia, but i pump 95

shin365

Back to top Go down

Post by Aura 19th September 2009, 4:46 pm

JasLovesForte wrote:Had alerted the SE last night and his advice was to restart the engine and monitor the ride from there. If the problem still persists then bring up on the 1K servicing.

Will feedback to you guys again when I bring it out for a ride Distance to empty meter Icon_smile

Remember u do not hv to wait for 1K servicing. I hv drove in twice cos my selt belt jam. Both times they fixed for me in under 15 mins and had order a replacement set to replace the entire selt system.
Aura
Aura

Back to top Go down

Post by Kev_78 19th September 2009, 5:46 pm

shin365 wrote:kev_78, u car odo is how much le?

my also around 500++ nia, but i pump 95

mine odo reaching 2k. Dont feel improvements in FC after 1k servicing.

Kev_78

Back to top Go down

Post by Terrier 19th September 2009, 7:09 pm

cmgan wrote:damn, mine only stops at 50km.... then go ---- liao.....argh.....

can ask them to check during servicing?

mine after 50km aso goes ---

anyway I dont trust this electronics device.. it just a guide to me..

usually after it changes to --- it actually using reserves tank..

I use the retro way to guage my fuel..

when u off your engine.. see the arrow go below the E.. that is the empty tank.. so from E to the bottom guage is ard +-50km
Terrier
Terrier

Back to top Go down

Post by Potatoes 20th September 2009, 12:38 am

Mine's a 1.6SX manual.

Wah Tiny, u can get 680km out of a full tank.... that's fantastic! I think the most I get is 480km - 500km out of a full tank. My Distance to Empty now shows 565km after I pumped FULL Tank today.
Potatoes
Potatoes

Back to top Go down

Post by Potatoes 20th September 2009, 12:44 am

JasLovesForte wrote:Had alerted the SE last night and his advice was to restart the engine and monitor the ride from there. If the problem still persists then bring up on the 1K servicing.

Will feedback to you guys again when I bring it out for a ride Distance to empty meter Icon_smile

Your SE is just trying to please u.... he knows nothing about this! I was in the same boat as u too .... they even say that it depends on how I drive.... just to show they don;t understand the Function of DIST to Empty at FULL tank.....

Just go to LENG KEE and speak directly to the technician about calibrating the Metering .... or change the faulty meter.... ur problem will be solved .... that includes ur FC calculation by the system.
Potatoes
Potatoes

Back to top Go down

Post by zhuzhumao 20th September 2009, 12:46 am

wah.. 29.2L/ 100km .. drinking 29.2L of energy drink (red bull) i think i can run 100km also haa.. so ridiculous
zhuzhumao
zhuzhumao

Back to top Go down

Post by Terrier 20th September 2009, 2:01 am

potatoes.. I think your FC is the same as me..

avg ~10.5km/L

not tat great actually.. anyway I haven change to syn.. so hopefully will be better after syn.
Terrier
Terrier

Back to top Go down

Post by JasLovesForte 21st September 2009, 3:09 am

Thanks Bro Aura & Bro Potatoes for your advices. Will contact Leng Kee and get them to check my meter. Will update u guys again.
JasLovesForte
JasLovesForte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next