Latest topics
» assay
4th August 2011, 10:13 pm by Guest

» APP Leading Website Generator
4th August 2011, 11:47 am by Guest

» check-up
4th August 2011, 10:03 am by Guest

» Blu-ray to iPad Ripper lift Blu glimmer DVD movies quest of iPad
4th August 2011, 8:24 am by Guest

» ubiquitous
4th August 2011, 6:07 am by Guest

» South african indian dating. Nz internet dating.
3rd August 2011, 8:57 pm by Guest

» WHAT CREEPY IDEA ON YOUTUBE HASN'T ALREADY BEEN DONE YET?
3rd August 2011, 7:30 pm by Guest

» buy facebook fan f8
3rd August 2011, 3:15 pm by Guest

» division
3rd August 2011, 11:43 am by Guest

RSS feeds


MSN 



"Distance to Empty" Display

Go down

"Distance to Empty" Display

Post by ceratopia on 2nd March 2010, 6:42 am

Hi, I would like to find out if the display is accurate.
I'm at 260km now and the "Distance to Empty" display 280.
Does that mean on a full tank, total distance can travel 540km?
avatar
ceratopia
Junior Member


Back to top Go down

Re: "Distance to Empty" Display

Post by pessimizt on 2nd March 2010, 7:47 am

Yes ceratopia......that is an estimation.
Do take note that once the Distance to Empty shows less than 50km, it will become ----- (which means you need to top up really soon).
avatar
pessimizt
Senior Member


Back to top Go down

Re: "Distance to Empty" Display

Post by Geldorave on 2nd March 2010, 10:39 am

yea my first tank i run till left 50km on display..went to top up full Esso 95..cost abt $84...afterdiscount...$76 +/-
avatar
Geldorave
Junior Member


Back to top Go down

Re: "Distance to Empty" Display

Post by Forte002 on 2nd March 2010, 11:00 am

ceratopia wrote:Hi, I would like to find out if the display is accurate.
I'm at 260km now and the "Distance to Empty" display 280.
Does that mean on a full tank, total distance can travel 540km?

Display is accurate but will depend on your driving pattern later. However, full tank 540km is only correct if you drive untill no petrol.

Forte002
Junior Member


Back to top Go down

Re: "Distance to Empty" Display

Post by scalar on 2nd March 2010, 11:03 am

try not to trust d display.... never really accurate...
avatar
scalar
Senior Member


Back to top Go down

Re: "Distance to Empty" Display

Post by FriesL on 2nd March 2010, 1:51 pm

bro, think its really there.. (quite accurate..) try to gauge from full tank and it usually take consideration to empty tank.. ( i top up only when light up.. usually). and everytime its shows quite accurate reading (600km / tank and in actually to my odo calculation too) distant to empty will adjust everytime depending on your driving pattern.

FriesL
Senior Member


Back to top Go down

Re: "Distance to Empty" Display

Post by jest on 2nd March 2010, 2:10 pm

FriesL wrote:bro, think its really there.. (quite accurate..) try to gauge from full tank and it usually take consideration to empty tank.. ( i top up only when light up.. usually). and everytime its shows quite accurate reading (600km / tank and in actually to my odo calculation too) distant to empty will adjust everytime depending on your driving pattern.

How many litres of petrol is a full tank for Koup?

jest
Newbie


Back to top Go down

Re: "Distance to Empty" Display

Post by FriesL on 2nd March 2010, 2:13 pm

I cant say for koup.. me driving forte but for me, is ~50L (i rarely pump exceeding that, pump stop + round up)
full tank usually meter showing 576km.. but as you drive, it will correct it self..
(i travelled mostly highway.. 80/20..) so.. usually manage about 620km/ tank.
at 7.6l/8l.

do a test, whenever i pump half tank (50$) Ave FC shows fantastic figures like 6.xx.. even 5.8! but i will soon fall off.. to the end of tank shows back 8l so... CPU is taking tank capacity into consideration...
HTH

FriesL
Senior Member


Back to top Go down

Re: "Distance to Empty" Display

Post by jest on 2nd March 2010, 2:42 pm

FriesL wrote:I cant say for koup.. me driving forte but for me, is ~50L (i rarely pump exceeding that, pump stop + round up)
full tank usually meter showing 576km.. but as you drive, it will correct it self..
(i travelled mostly highway.. 80/20..) so.. usually manage about 620km/ tank.
at 7.6l/8l.

do a test, whenever i pump half tank (50$) Ave FC shows fantastic figures like 6.xx.. even 5.8! but i will soon fall off.. to the end of tank shows back 8l so... CPU is taking tank capacity into consideration...
HTH

Thanks Bro. Will gauge when I get my car this Saturday. Smile

jest
Newbie


Back to top Go down

Re: "Distance to Empty" Display

Post by Geldorave on 2nd March 2010, 3:36 pm

hey jest, for koup full tank is abt 45litres, saw dat when the display shows left 50km and the light lite up..
avatar
Geldorave
Junior Member


Back to top Go down

Re: "Distance to Empty" Display

Post by shin365 on 2nd March 2010, 4:43 pm

my distance to empty meter show 42 before. then i dont dare to try le, i max can pump 53litres of petrol.

shin365
Junior Member


Back to top Go down

Re: "Distance to Empty" Display

Post by jest on 2nd March 2010, 5:45 pm

Geldorave wrote:hey jest, for koup full tank is abt 45litres, saw dat when the display shows left 50km and the light lite up..

Thanks for the info, Geldorave. Very Happy

jest
Newbie


Back to top Go down

Re: "Distance to Empty" Display

Post by ceratopia on 2nd March 2010, 8:23 pm

FriesL wrote:I cant say for koup.. me driving forte but for me, is ~50L (i rarely pump exceeding that, pump stop + round up)
full tank usually meter showing 576km.. but as you drive, it will correct it self..
(i travelled mostly highway.. 80/20..) so.. usually manage about 620km/ tank.
at 7.6l/8l.

do a test, whenever i pump half tank (50$) Ave FC shows fantastic figures like 6.xx.. even 5.8! but i will soon fall off.. to the end of tank shows back 8l so... CPU is taking tank capacity into consideration...
HTH

Friesl, your Forte is getting very good mileage of 620km/tank.
avatar
ceratopia
Junior Member


Back to top Go down

Re: "Distance to Empty" Display

Post by FriesL on 2nd March 2010, 9:00 pm

Hi, Ceratopia..

yeah... but forget about revving and overtaking... basically cursing
i am a light footer, and you can practice tat in forte / koup...

something to share.. to do good FC, switch meter to instant FC,
while driving.. practice to keep he bar on the left side, release as bar crosses mid point, try keeping at bar 3/4 to mid.. with rpm at <2500rpm (6l/100km) release acc pedal during downhill... if you are in good speed already...

with some practice... (90km/h will really return v.v.good FC, as i posed 100km~120km being sweet spot with time/FC) 6.8! achievable... in highway..

thanks and cheers.

FriesL
Senior Member


Back to top Go down

Re: "Distance to Empty" Display

Post by pessimizt on 2nd March 2010, 9:00 pm

shin365 wrote:my distance to empty meter show 42 before. then i dont dare to try le, i max can pump 53litres of petrol.

53L ? Thought Forte tank is only 51L ?
You continue to pump (and pull up) after it auto-stop ?
avatar
pessimizt
Senior Member


Back to top Go down

Re: "Distance to Empty" Display

Post by whitechoco on 2nd March 2010, 9:50 pm

Geldorave wrote:hey jest, for koup full tank is abt 45litres, saw dat when the display shows left 50km and the light lite up..
eh according to specs, koup tank capacity is 52L.. mine display shows abt 67km left when the fuel lights up..
avatar
whitechoco
Moderator


Back to top Go down

Re: "Distance to Empty" Display

Post by Geldorave on 2nd March 2010, 11:19 pm

whitechoco wrote:
Geldorave wrote:hey jest, for koup full tank is abt 45litres, saw dat when the display shows left 50km and the light lite up..
eh according to specs, koup tank capacity is 52L.. mine display shows abt 67km left when the fuel lights up..

oh means i can actually go till 40km shown on the display b4 i go refill....is guess 50km left is quite a safe gauge...btw, hows heavy is our 1.6koups?..
avatar
Geldorave
Junior Member


Back to top Go down

Re: "Distance to Empty" Display

Post by NiVleK on 2nd March 2010, 11:24 pm

Btw, the fuel indicator will light up when it is near empty right? Today I have not finished the tank, pass by a station and just top up.
avatar
NiVleK
Senior Member


Back to top Go down

Re: "Distance to Empty" Display

Post by whitechoco on 2nd March 2010, 11:33 pm

Geldorave wrote:
whitechoco wrote:
Geldorave wrote:hey jest, for koup full tank is abt 45litres, saw dat when the display shows left 50km and the light lite up..
eh according to specs, koup tank capacity is 52L.. mine display shows abt 67km left when the fuel lights up..

oh means i can actually go till 40km shown on the display b4 i go refill....is guess 50km left is quite a safe gauge...btw, hows heavy is our 1.6koups?..
Kerb weight
1,307kg ? haha dunno if correct one

NiVleK wrote:Btw, the fuel indicator will light up when it is near empty right? Today I have not finished the tank, pass by a station and just top up.
yup!
avatar
whitechoco
Moderator


Back to top Go down

Re: "Distance to Empty" Display

Post by Sanyu on 3rd March 2010, 1:03 am

i didn't dare to play until light shows up. HAHA. About to pass below the first column, i'll go find petrol station liao..
avatar
Sanyu
Junior Member


Back to top Go down

Re: "Distance to Empty" Display

Post by alpineccm on 3rd March 2010, 1:05 am

Once the distance to empty drops below 100km, I will top at the next opportunity. Don't want to be caught in an emergency with a low fuel tank.
avatar
alpineccm
Junior Member


Back to top Go down

Re: "Distance to Empty" Display

Post by redkoup on 3rd March 2010, 9:30 am

shin365 wrote:my distance to empty meter show 42 before. then i dont dare to try le, i max can pump 53litres of petrol.

yours can still show 42km? thot it flashes and juz shows --- when it hits 50km mark?
avatar
redkoup
Member


Back to top Go down

Re: "Distance to Empty" Display

Post by NiVleK on 3rd March 2010, 10:33 am

Sanyu wrote:i didn't dare to play until light shows up. HAHA. About to pass below the first column, i'll go find petrol station liao..

i drive my previous ride till the needle goes to almost E lol
avatar
NiVleK
Senior Member


Back to top Go down

Re: "Distance to Empty" Display

Post by scalar on 3rd March 2010, 3:12 pm

d last time i pump was wen at 50km kena light up... den i pump like 48l, it shows 545km to empty. then till nw almost empty, i drove like 580km plus & distance to empty shows 50km...... dat's y i think d display is not really accurate....
avatar
scalar
Senior Member


Back to top Go down

Re: "Distance to Empty" Display

Post by NiVleK on 3rd March 2010, 3:18 pm

Our tank is 52 right...hmmmm
avatar
NiVleK
Senior Member


Back to top Go down

Re: "Distance to Empty" Display

Post by whitechoco on 3rd March 2010, 3:20 pm

NiVleK wrote:Our tank is 52 right...hmmmm
yup..52
avatar
whitechoco
Moderator


Back to top Go down

Re: "Distance to Empty" Display

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum