Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» assay
Air Con drip a lot of water under the car, is it normal? Empty4th August 2011, 10:13 pm by Guest

» APP Leading Website Generator
Air Con drip a lot of water under the car, is it normal? Empty4th August 2011, 11:47 am by Guest

» check-up
Air Con drip a lot of water under the car, is it normal? Empty4th August 2011, 10:03 am by Guest

» Blu-ray to iPad Ripper lift Blu glimmer DVD movies quest of iPad
Air Con drip a lot of water under the car, is it normal? Empty4th August 2011, 8:24 am by Guest

» ubiquitous
Air Con drip a lot of water under the car, is it normal? Empty4th August 2011, 6:07 am by Guest

» South african indian dating. Nz internet dating.
Air Con drip a lot of water under the car, is it normal? Empty3rd August 2011, 8:57 pm by Guest

» WHAT CREEPY IDEA ON YOUTUBE HASN'T ALREADY BEEN DONE YET?
Air Con drip a lot of water under the car, is it normal? Empty3rd August 2011, 7:30 pm by Guest

» buy facebook fan f8
Air Con drip a lot of water under the car, is it normal? Empty3rd August 2011, 3:15 pm by Guest

» division
Air Con drip a lot of water under the car, is it normal? Empty3rd August 2011, 11:43 am by Guest

RSS feeds

MSN 

Air Con drip a lot of water under the car, is it normal?

+8
ano57
Daniel^Bigcow
Juz@kid
impact2001
kapitan
oilman
Divine
Happy
12 posters

Go down

Air Con drip a lot of water under the car, is it normal? Empty Air Con drip a lot of water under the car, is it normal?

Post by Happy 2nd September 2009, 9:36 pm

Hi all,

Please advise is it normal for the air con to drip alot of water under the car when temp is around 22-24 degree?
Most of the time, i choose "auto" for air con setting. Air con still cold but the amount of water looks worrying.

Thks & appreciate.
Happy
Happy

Back to top Go down

Air Con drip a lot of water under the car, is it normal? Empty Re: Air Con drip a lot of water under the car, is it normal?

Post by Divine 2nd September 2009, 9:40 pm

i think u should only worry if there is no water
Divine
Divine

Back to top Go down

Air Con drip a lot of water under the car, is it normal? Empty Re: Air Con drip a lot of water under the car, is it normal?

Post by Happy 2nd September 2009, 9:43 pm

hahhh??? but divine bro, within 2-3 mins got big pool of water is normal? sorry i very new bird about cars.
Happy
Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Divine 2nd September 2009, 9:46 pm

normal la
Divine
Divine

Back to top Go down

Post by Happy 2nd September 2009, 9:54 pm

heng hah! thks, divine bro. Very Happy

1st few days found no water, suddenly today so much water once I park the car. my heart missed a beat each time i bent down to see a swimming pool under my car. Shocked

thks ... i can zzz well tonite liao! grin
Happy
Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by oilman 2nd September 2009, 10:00 pm

when i collect my car from pandan...already a big pool under it. SE and i spent a lot of time checking where all the liquid come from. dun say few months then like that, my one few days already like that. haha

oilman

Back to top Go down

Post by Happy 2nd September 2009, 10:35 pm

as long as its "normal" to have swimming pool under car then i'm ok. when i first saw the "swimming pool", i nearly jump out of my skin. i thought something cracked and my dad is gona crack me too. eeek

heng heng ... its normal. What a Face
Happy
Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by kapitan 2nd September 2009, 10:37 pm

Happy wrote:as long as its "normal" to have swimming pool under car then i'm ok. when i first saw the "swimming pool", i nearly jump out of my skin. i thought something cracked and my dad is gona crack me too. eeek

u got your forte alrdy??

why never take pics and expose it.....
kapitan
kapitan

Back to top Go down

Post by Happy 2nd September 2009, 10:46 pm

kapitan wrote:
Happy wrote:as long as its "normal" to have swimming pool under car then i'm ok. when i first saw the "swimming pool", i nearly jump out of my skin. i thought something cracked and my dad is gona crack me too. eeek

u got your forte alrdy??

why never take pics and expose it.....

Hi bro kapitan,

tried taking a few pix after getting the car but too blur. i don't have digital camera, so can only take with hp as i seldom take pictures. then past few days raining too dark to take pix at MSCP. waiting for weekend to come .... take pix in afternoon at open air. grin
Happy
Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by impact2001 2nd September 2009, 11:18 pm

I believe if you search ard the whole forum, there is a thread also on this.. Its normal to see plain crystal liquid (assume is water, somewhere near the exhaust) unless you are seeing different kind of liquid color.. Then you should be more concern abt it as it could be engine oil leaking etc..

If you look up the manual, see the last paragraph pg 4-71 under as follow:

Air conditioning system operation tips
• If the vehicle has been parked in direct
sunlight during hot weather, open the
windows for a short time to let the hot
air inside the vehicle escape.
• To help reduce moisture inside of the
windows on rainy or humid days,
decrease the humidity inside the vehicle
by operating the air conditioning
system.
• During air conditioning system operation,
you may occasionally notice a
slight change in engine speed as the
air conditioning compressor cycles.
This is a normal system operation
characteristic.
• Use the air conditioning system every
month only for a few minutes to ensure
maximum system performance.
When using the air conditioning system,
you may notice clear water dripping
(or even puddling) on the ground
under the passenger side of the vehicle.
This is a normal system operation
characteristic.
impact2001
impact2001

Back to top Go down

Post by Happy 3rd September 2009, 7:49 pm

OIC, thks impact bro. thumbsup
Happy
Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Juz@kid 3rd September 2009, 8:10 pm

Happy wrote:hahhh??? but divine bro, within 2-3 mins got big pool of water is normal? sorry i very new bird about cars.

dun claim to be a bird when u r a cat..... angel hehehe
Juz@kid
Juz@kid

Back to top Go down

Post by Happy 3rd September 2009, 8:42 pm

wow ... that's a good one! yr sentence must think deep deep leh!

it took me so long to think which part went wrong! kekeke ... grin
Happy
Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Divine 4th September 2009, 1:35 am

??? i dun understand
Divine
Divine

Back to top Go down

Post by Daniel^Bigcow 4th September 2009, 10:41 am

Hahaha!! Next time try see that puddle of liquid is inflammable or not?? Hehehe!! Try lighting up with a lighter. If can light, means not normal. Hahaha!! But remember, drive your car away first!! If not whole car explode. Hahaha!! :-) Joking!! Please dun try. :-)

Think when there is a more drastic change in temperature, then there will be more liquid. Like if you tend to on your A/C very high speed and very low temperature, and outside air very warm, then there will be more water. Think its mostly due to condensation, if I am not wrong. :-)

Whats this about birds and cats??!! Cow here jealous!! :-(
Daniel^Bigcow
Daniel^Bigcow

Back to top Go down

Post by ano57 4th September 2009, 10:43 am

Juz@kid wrote:
Happy wrote:hahhh??? but divine bro, within 2-3 mins got big pool of water is normal? sorry i very new bird about cars.

Divine wrote:??? i dun understand

Ya .. me too....Kidz
ta-link leh... cyclops
ano57
ano57

Back to top Go down

Post by kapitan 4th September 2009, 10:46 am

ano57 wrote:
Juz@kid wrote:

Divine wrote:??? i dun understand

Ya .. me too....Kidz
ta-link leh... cyclops

Happy is Ah Ger...... so don't have a bird..... and what is the other term for cat????

rhymes with "see" .......
kapitan
kapitan

Back to top Go down

Post by Daniel^Bigcow 4th September 2009, 11:00 am

Hahaha!! Hey all brain engine slow down already?? I know Friday lah but so fast shut down?? :-)
Daniel^Bigcow
Daniel^Bigcow

Back to top Go down

Post by Happy 4th September 2009, 7:33 pm

Daniel^Bigcow wrote:Hahaha!! Next time try see that puddle of liquid is inflammable or not?? Hehehe!! Try lighting up with a lighter. If can light, means not normal. Hahaha!! But remember, drive your car away first!! If not whole car explode. Hahaha!! :-) Joking!! Please dun try. :-)

Think when there is a more drastic change in temperature, then there will be more liquid. Like if you tend to on your A/C very high speed and very low temperature, and outside air very warm, then there will be more water. Think its mostly due to condensation, if I am not wrong. :-)

Whats this about birds and cats??!! Cow here jealous!! :-(

wow, ah cow! u teach me this kind of things ... how can, man?! i waited like mad for months then got my ride leh. So fast u want me to scrap my car liao. naughty cow! eeek
Happy
Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by kai 5th September 2009, 4:21 pm

thanks for all the answers. wanted to ask this too.....
kai
kai

Back to top Go down

Post by astroboy28 6th September 2009, 1:07 am

my SE oso say its normal de. if no drip then big prob
astroboy28
astroboy28

Back to top Go down

Post by Terrier 8th September 2009, 4:37 pm

I just notice mine got pool of water aso since last thursday.. but I dont think is just aircon, cause I notice my radiator water level drops. I have been monitoring it closely.

At first I check on the radiator water its 3/4 between the min/max guage, then i tot its normal and that area I tihnk is aircon so dont bother much.

I parked my car last night, the water should have dry up overnight but this morning I observes the puddle of water is still there, I tried look at the area and observes there isnt any droplet leaking. So while warming the engine, I open the bonnet and check the radiator tank water level.. to my surprise it becomes 1/2 between the min/max guage.

I dont think its normal for radiator to absorb so much water within a week and I intend to send in my car to check for tear pipe.

Aircon droplet will not give you a pool of water but will give u a puddle of water.
Terrier
Terrier

Back to top Go down

Post by andikong 8th September 2009, 5:15 pm

Terrier wrote:I just notice mine got pool of water aso since last thursday.. but I dont think is just aircon, cause I notice my radiator water level drops. I have been monitoring it closely.

At first I check on the radiator water its 3/4 between the min/max guage, then i tot its normal and that area I tihnk is aircon so dont bother much.

I parked my car last night, the water should have dry up overnight but this morning I observes the puddle of water is still there, I tried look at the area and observes there isnt any droplet leaking. So while warming the engine, I open the bonnet and check the radiator tank water level.. to my surprise it becomes 1/2 between the min/max guage.

I dont think its normal for radiator to absorb so much water within a week and I intend to send in my car to check for tear pipe.
Aircon droplet will not give you a pool of water but will give u a puddle of water.

One simple way to check whether it's the radiator and overflow tankleaks, just use a piece of plain white cloth and soaked up the pool of water. If the colour is greenish blue (radiator coolant) meaning your radiator hose
or the radiator leaks. If its clear plain water that means it's the air-con condenser unit and cooling pipes water.
andikong
andikong

Back to top Go down

Post by Terrier 8th September 2009, 5:42 pm

ok will observes that..
Terrier
Terrier

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down