Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» assay
1 WEEK OLD 1.6SX~~FOGGY HEADLIGHTS?? NORMAL?? Empty4th August 2011, 10:13 pm by Guest

» APP Leading Website Generator
1 WEEK OLD 1.6SX~~FOGGY HEADLIGHTS?? NORMAL?? Empty4th August 2011, 11:47 am by Guest

» check-up
1 WEEK OLD 1.6SX~~FOGGY HEADLIGHTS?? NORMAL?? Empty4th August 2011, 10:03 am by Guest

» Blu-ray to iPad Ripper lift Blu glimmer DVD movies quest of iPad
1 WEEK OLD 1.6SX~~FOGGY HEADLIGHTS?? NORMAL?? Empty4th August 2011, 8:24 am by Guest

» ubiquitous
1 WEEK OLD 1.6SX~~FOGGY HEADLIGHTS?? NORMAL?? Empty4th August 2011, 6:07 am by Guest

» South african indian dating. Nz internet dating.
1 WEEK OLD 1.6SX~~FOGGY HEADLIGHTS?? NORMAL?? Empty3rd August 2011, 8:57 pm by Guest

» WHAT CREEPY IDEA ON YOUTUBE HASN'T ALREADY BEEN DONE YET?
1 WEEK OLD 1.6SX~~FOGGY HEADLIGHTS?? NORMAL?? Empty3rd August 2011, 7:30 pm by Guest

» buy facebook fan f8
1 WEEK OLD 1.6SX~~FOGGY HEADLIGHTS?? NORMAL?? Empty3rd August 2011, 3:15 pm by Guest

» division
1 WEEK OLD 1.6SX~~FOGGY HEADLIGHTS?? NORMAL?? Empty3rd August 2011, 11:43 am by Guest

RSS feeds

MSN 

1 WEEK OLD 1.6SX~~FOGGY HEADLIGHTS?? NORMAL??

+15
forte3737
ace
Juz@kid
waypoint
kqkhlj
The Blue Cruiser
ck7373
Zonda S 4.1
omg2doors
KingJerry
Kiang
xenocide
JuanST
Hello Kitty
missystorm
19 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

1 WEEK OLD 1.6SX~~FOGGY HEADLIGHTS?? NORMAL?? Empty 1 WEEK OLD 1.6SX~~FOGGY HEADLIGHTS?? NORMAL??

Post by missystorm 5th December 2009, 2:57 am

hihi, when collected my kia forte 1.6SX a week ago, in the evening realised that the headlight is a bit foggy... told my SE, but he say it is normal as there is still some chemical left over, will not have this problems aft 2 to 3 weeks... Isit true? Due for my 1k servicing in a few days time...Should I highlight this to the mech? Any new owner have this problem?

missystorm

Back to top Go down

1 WEEK OLD 1.6SX~~FOGGY HEADLIGHTS?? NORMAL?? Empty Re: 1 WEEK OLD 1.6SX~~FOGGY HEADLIGHTS?? NORMAL??

Post by Hello Kitty 5th December 2009, 3:07 am

hi....

Mine also like tat on the day of collection... during the first servicing, let the mech know.... they will do something to it... They will tell u its normal... ask them why other forte owner dun experience it...

Mine after makng some noise there, dun know what they do... after 1st servicing.. ok liao...
Hello Kitty
Hello Kitty

Back to top Go down

1 WEEK OLD 1.6SX~~FOGGY HEADLIGHTS?? NORMAL?? Empty Re: 1 WEEK OLD 1.6SX~~FOGGY HEADLIGHTS?? NORMAL??

Post by missystorm 5th December 2009, 11:39 am

hello kitty, u mean the sound is from where?

missystorm

Back to top Go down

Post by JuanST 5th December 2009, 11:45 am

missystorm wrote:hello kitty, u mean the sound is from where?

dunno if u making fun of kitty?
JuanST
JuanST

Back to top Go down

Post by xenocide 5th December 2009, 11:47 am

i think she mis-read this line

"Mine after makng some noise there....."

theres the "sound" she refering to...
xenocide
xenocide

Back to top Go down

Post by missystorm 5th December 2009, 12:41 pm

wahaha.. i not making fun of kitty lah... curious that from head lamp foggy then she mentioned that got sound...thought the sound from the headlamp?? (not possible right?) "
"mine after making ( i thought aft she make the light) got some noise there"...haha....Finally i understand liao lah... She mean after she make some noise to the people there, ok liao
:p

missystorm

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiang 5th December 2009, 1:30 pm

i change 4 pairs of headlight still fog ...

den they tell u lots of excuees

like diff temp from outside n inside lah blah blah blah
thinking that i nv study science before....

so now the 4th pair ... SURPISE still fog
Kiang
Kiang

Back to top Go down

Post by KingJerry 5th December 2009, 3:10 pm

Save your $$$. Pretend you nv see it. (Denial) Very Happy
KingJerry
KingJerry

Back to top Go down

Post by JuanST 5th December 2009, 4:24 pm

if ur not happy, ask it to be replaced. if it happens again, its ur decision to change or ignore..... 1 WEEK OLD 1.6SX~~FOGGY HEADLIGHTS?? NORMAL?? Icon_smile
JuanST
JuanST

Back to top Go down

Post by omg2doors 5th December 2009, 4:29 pm

can try asking workshop help to re-silicon the casing..

alternatively, u can send to some freelance they will take apart your headlamp, spray the internal chrome to black, and seal it back for you...

good thing is i read they will re silicon if condensation appear after their workmanship..

BUT... this is assuming the problem comes from the silicon.
omg2doors
omg2doors

Back to top Go down

Post by Zonda S 4.1 5th December 2009, 4:37 pm

In this forum since sep, reading this foggy issue many times and guess what finally collected my car also 1 week ago. Mine head lamps also foggy. solar film also rainbow colour. same issues discuss here and they never seems to find the solutions to them. The most feared pray hard hard windscreen dun piak piak .
Zonda S 4.1
Zonda S 4.1

Back to top Go down

Post by ck7373 5th December 2009, 5:08 pm

Went to CNC for my 10k servicing and stated the foggy headlamps issue. The SA said is normal and the workshop tested with high pressure hose and found no water seep through the seal......he even quoted the same effect on those with glasses moving from aircond place to outdoor....the glasses got foggy.......i was thinking why the area was so "smoky" and was laughing on his theory.......he even showed me a memo from korea about the case being normal.....well i will live with it if it doesn't affect the normal operation of the headlamps.....is a waste of time to go CNC for such claim......Sad

Last edited by ck7373 on 6th December 2009, 1:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
ck7373
ck7373

Back to top Go down

Post by missystorm 5th December 2009, 8:04 pm

ok never mind... i gona to sent to ubi this monday for the 1k servicing, i call them earlier morning and the person told me already feed back to korea side.. they say that usually aft on the light afew mins should be ok.. I told him it is already a week leh.. then he say sent it down and see what they can do... I really want to see what they can do man... Now reading abt the windscreen piak piak a bit worried man.... imagine i drive piak then i think i oso piak them!! 1 WEEK OLD 1.6SX~~FOGGY HEADLIGHTS?? NORMAL?? Icon_redface

missystorm

Back to top Go down

Post by The Blue Cruiser 5th December 2009, 8:14 pm

ignore this problem. actually, it's not a problem, just a reflection on the car's workmanship. a foggy headlight won't affect your visibility. if the sky gets dark or rains, turn on your headlight and the mist will be burnt off by the bulb's heat.
The Blue Cruiser
The Blue Cruiser

Back to top Go down

Post by kqkhlj 5th December 2009, 9:40 pm

this morning i saw some tiny water dews inside the corner of the casing, normal?

kqkhlj

Back to top Go down

Post by waypoint 5th December 2009, 10:18 pm

As far as CnC is concerned, yes(sic). But I'm not convinced it's so. The prolonged exposure to moisture inside the housing has caused the polished reflector surface to be marred and blur already in my almost 6-month old Ti-Ag.
waypoint
waypoint

Back to top Go down

Post by KingJerry 5th December 2009, 11:37 pm

Best is report during servicing. Then why the headlamp spoil, you can point ur middle finger at them and say "Told you so, but you said it's ok. Now fix it for free!!".

Razz
KingJerry
KingJerry

Back to top Go down

Post by missystorm 6th December 2009, 4:14 am

aiyoh, sumore got another problem oso...bonnet gap on the driver side metal got gap...hop u all understand what i meant.. the left side is ok...close up...but right side got a few mm gap compare to the right..SE say that when servicing tell them they will tighten up the gap..?????....just a bit dishearted that new car got such problem...

missystorm

Back to top Go down

Post by Juz@kid 6th December 2009, 4:18 am

so diz is a norm to almost everbody.... headlight casing foggy.... coz mine oso kana liao....
Juz@kid
Juz@kid

Back to top Go down

Post by JuanST 6th December 2009, 6:16 am

missystorm wrote:aiyoh, sumore got another problem oso...bonnet gap on the driver side metal got gap...hop u all understand what i meant.. the left side is ok...close up...but right side got a few mm gap compare to the right..SE say that when servicing tell them they will tighten up the gap..?????....just a bit dishearted that new car got such problem...

show pic. then maybe we can check ours oso.... 1 WEEK OLD 1.6SX~~FOGGY HEADLIGHTS?? NORMAL?? Icon_smile
JuanST
JuanST

Back to top Go down

Post by ace 6th December 2009, 7:25 am

KingJerry wrote:Best is report during servicing. Then why the headlamp spoil, you can point ur middle finger at them and say "Told you so, but you said it's ok. Now fix it for free!!".

1 WEEK OLD 1.6SX~~FOGGY HEADLIGHTS?? NORMAL?? Icon_razz

I'll print this post by King Jerry and bring it with me to the servicing appointment.... 1 WEEK OLD 1.6SX~~FOGGY HEADLIGHTS?? NORMAL?? Icon_razz

Please give me your number....in case they want to talk to you...er..you know, discuss? 1 WEEK OLD 1.6SX~~FOGGY HEADLIGHTS?? NORMAL?? Icon_razz

Yesterday, I checked.....it's really Christmas time inside the lamps.......only can't find the snowman. 1 WEEK OLD 1.6SX~~FOGGY HEADLIGHTS?? NORMAL?? 256379

ace

Back to top Go down

Post by forte3737 6th December 2009, 8:53 am

report to CNC also no use...they will tell you its normal. if you insist otherwise, they will strip the headlamps and assemble it back again.

forte3737

Back to top Go down

Post by KingJerry 6th December 2009, 1:43 pm

ace wrote:
KingJerry wrote:Best is report during servicing. Then why the headlamp spoil, you can point ur middle finger at them and say "Told you so, but you said it's ok. Now fix it for free!!".

I'll print this post by King Jerry and bring it with me to the servicing appointment.... 1 WEEK OLD 1.6SX~~FOGGY HEADLIGHTS?? NORMAL?? Icon_razz

Please give me your number....in case they want to talk to you...er..you know, discuss? 1 WEEK OLD 1.6SX~~FOGGY HEADLIGHTS?? NORMAL?? Icon_razz

Yesterday, I checked.....it's really Christmas time inside the lamps.......only can't find the snowman. 1 WEEK OLD 1.6SX~~FOGGY HEADLIGHTS?? NORMAL?? 256379

Razz
KingJerry
KingJerry

Back to top Go down

Post by cpt_zr 7th December 2009, 12:08 am

my headlamp also got foggy.

ytd night when it rained, the POLE light got foggy, and i was like WTF. i am using led and it got foggy?

only the pole light the rest not foggy...
cpt_zr
cpt_zr

Back to top Go down

Post by JuanST 7th December 2009, 12:16 am

ace wrote:

at least u got the xmas spirit.... 1 WEEK OLD 1.6SX~~FOGGY HEADLIGHTS?? NORMAL?? 332362
JuanST
JuanST

Back to top Go down

Post by Elixir99 7th December 2009, 1:47 am

cpt_zr wrote:my headlamp also got foggy.

ytd night when it rained, the POLE light got foggy, and i was like WTF. i am using led and it got foggy?

only the pole light the rest not foggy...

Mine both lights are foggy especially after car wash.... sianzzzzzzz Shocked
Elixir99
Elixir99

Back to top Go down

Post by The Blue Cruiser 7th December 2009, 12:12 pm

let's get used to it. unless Kia Korea bothers to solve it, CnC can't do anything. 1 WEEK OLD 1.6SX~~FOGGY HEADLIGHTS?? NORMAL?? Icon_sad
The Blue Cruiser
The Blue Cruiser

Back to top Go down

Post by aswalkersg 7th December 2009, 1:05 pm

Hi members,

My views are it is either a manufacturing defect or a design fault and should not be taken lightly as it has serious safety and technical implications.
Kia don't manufacture headlamps and some of the headlamps don't have this problem.
Our sales contract and warranty are with C&C so its their duty to sort it out with their Principal KIA Korea.

Implications:
1) Safety is compromise especially during bad weather eg heavy rain and fog(in Mysia) as light projection distance and beaming angle is affected by the moisture.

Imagine your glasses is coated with moisture and it is in a dark, a person canot see properly.

Some Volvo car's even has wipers for their headlamps for this reason.

2)Moisture encourage and speed up rusting of electrical lamp contacts etc

My 2 cents worth of inputs is to ask them to solve this problem either by changing it for the mean time until a permanent solution is found.

This type of problem don't exist in other brand of cars just like the mysterious cracking of windscreen.

aswalkersg

Back to top Go down

Post by missystorm 7th December 2009, 7:58 pm

Just done my servicing, Cnc mech claim that they can't do anything as it got to do with the different climate fm korea to singapore..no water can go in...Unless water went in then they will change the light for free...????....

missystorm

Back to top Go down

Post by The Blue Cruiser 7th December 2009, 8:43 pm

a misted headlight can reduce the light throw but do you know that the heat from the bulb is about 60'C? it can evaporate the mist in a couple of minutes.
The Blue Cruiser
The Blue Cruiser

Back to top Go down

Post by ace 7th December 2009, 9:35 pm

missystorm wrote:Just done my servicing, Cnc mech claim that they can't do anything as it got to do with the different climate fm korea to singapore..no water can go in...Unless water went in then they will change the light for free...????....

Than ask them, hor, to explain the mist came from where..........and, er, mist is product of what, huh?

Did they manufactured the headlamp in the waterfall? or in a Class 1 cleanroom environment? 1 WEEK OLD 1.6SX~~FOGGY HEADLIGHTS?? NORMAL?? Icon_evil

ace

Back to top Go down

Post by Elixir99 7th December 2009, 10:23 pm

missystorm wrote:Just done my servicing, Cnc mech claim that they can't do anything as it got to do with the different climate fm korea to singapore..no water can go in...Unless water went in then they will change the light for free...????....

I think some bros/sis here gotta their headlights changed a few times with no cost. Dun think itz fair fir us to pay. I strongly believe its a manufacturing defect.

toking abt climate, i dun see european make or jap car got this issue..... No
Elixir99
Elixir99

Back to top Go down

Post by The Blue Cruiser 7th December 2009, 10:42 pm

this is the standard quality, let's accept it. at this price, we can't
expect it to be on the same par with experienced german and french
makes, and japan makes as well.
The Blue Cruiser
The Blue Cruiser

Back to top Go down

Post by ace 7th December 2009, 10:48 pm

With demanding customers, they can improve......their products.

With tida apak customers......give them infinity time also won't improve.

If they want to give us european fittings, with top class designer, and market the car as an aspiration to reach that goal, surely hearing complaints about their failure in this mission is good for them to reach their goal earlier rather than never.

ace

Back to top Go down

Post by The Blue Cruiser 7th December 2009, 10:56 pm

they can improve, spice up the quality, push further on the QC, but on the expense of the price. too expensive, they lose their competitive advantage. too cheap, they can't make cover their production costs for a long period of time.

so the catch is this, if you want zero QC issue, go for german makes like BMW, VW, Audi, etc. want a budget solution, go for korean or chinese makes.

would you still want to buy a perfect forte that comes with a price tag of $70000 - $80000? you decide. 1 WEEK OLD 1.6SX~~FOGGY HEADLIGHTS?? NORMAL?? Icon_silent
The Blue Cruiser
The Blue Cruiser

Back to top Go down

Post by ace 7th December 2009, 11:17 pm

I will decide when the future arrives.....it is the now that they have to take care of.....

If they can't fix the now, there is no future to talk about anyway.

ace

Back to top Go down

Post by JuanST 7th December 2009, 11:35 pm

The Blue Cruiser wrote:they can improve, spice up the quality, push further on the QC, but on the expense of the price. too expensive, they lose their competitive advantage. too cheap, they can't make cover their production costs for a long period of time.

so the catch is this, if you want zero QC issue, go for german makes like BMW, VW, Audi, etc. want a budget solution, go for korean or chinese makes.

would you still want to buy a perfect forte that comes with a price tag of $70000 - $80000? you decide. 1 WEEK OLD 1.6SX~~FOGGY HEADLIGHTS?? NORMAL?? Icon_silent

dun agree. there shud be minimum acceptable quality....and this fog and ws is not it.
JuanST
JuanST

Back to top Go down

Post by missystorm 7th December 2009, 11:52 pm

haiz, in the morning is my hubby going over for the servicing, so he accept their explaination.. for me.. nono.... 1 WEEK OLD 1.6SX~~FOGGY HEADLIGHTS?? NORMAL?? 316913

missystorm

Back to top Go down

Post by The Blue Cruiser 7th December 2009, 11:55 pm

JuanST wrote:
The Blue Cruiser wrote:they can improve, spice up the quality, push further on the QC, but on the expense of the price. too expensive, they lose their competitive advantage. too cheap, they can't make cover their production costs for a long period of time.

dun agree. there shud be minimum acceptable quality....and this fog and ws is not it.

be glad that the minimum acceptable quality don't compromise breaking down along highways or engine loses fire in the middle of the road. 1 WEEK OLD 1.6SX~~FOGGY HEADLIGHTS?? NORMAL?? Icon_lol
The Blue Cruiser
The Blue Cruiser

Back to top Go down

Post by zujzuj 7th December 2009, 11:56 pm

i went down to CnC for 1K service recently....they told me that headlamp fogging is normal (due to temp difference). Even showed me a letter from Korea Kia that there's no need to change headlamps because of fogging.

zujzuj

Back to top Go down

Post by The Blue Cruiser 7th December 2009, 11:57 pm

missystorm wrote:haiz, in the morning is my hubby going over for the servicing, so he accept their explaination.. for me.. nono.... 1 WEEK OLD 1.6SX~~FOGGY HEADLIGHTS?? NORMAL?? 316913

unless Kia Motors from Korea attempts to solve this, i don't think we can do much about it by complaining to CnC...

maybe when you decide not to service with CnC, you can look for third-party technicians at those car repair shops and ask them to solve this phenomenon?
The Blue Cruiser
The Blue Cruiser

Back to top Go down

Post by The Blue Cruiser 7th December 2009, 11:58 pm

zujzuj wrote:i went down to CnC for 1K service recently....they told me that headlamp fogging is normal (due to temp difference). Even showed me a letter from Korea Kia that there's no need to change headlamps because of fogging.

that's it... 1 WEEK OLD 1.6SX~~FOGGY HEADLIGHTS?? NORMAL?? Icon_sad
The Blue Cruiser
The Blue Cruiser

Back to top Go down

Post by aswalkersg 8th December 2009, 8:42 am

Mine is heavy condensation of droplets and no mist .
In my opinion, this is a safety issue and irrelevant on the amount of moisture present.

Can some bro have any idea all the other Korean Cars eg Avante, Sanyong, other KIA models, Chery cars from China cheaper or on par with Forte car got this foggy lens problem. Anyway this is not the issue as this is a basic safety requirement flaw and we are not talking luxury performance and comfort.

Different climate between Korea and Spore is not a accceptable reason as cars are suppose to be build to the export climate to the exported country.
Imagine you are at a foot of hill in tropical country and drive up the mountain and the headlamps starts to fog badly and bad visibility in fog ? eg Cameron Highlands
in the earily morning

The 60C temp lamp did not evaporate the moisture but this is not the root cause of the problem not forgeting the corrosion to the lens refectors and lamp electrical contacts.

Anyone got a copy of the KIA Korea letter that the the foggy headlamps are normal ?

This is really a quality problem for a basic lamp and all others reasons are irrelevant. We are not asking for HID lamps or higher end type , just a basic working lamp.

Why don't we start a thread on the unacceptable foggy headlamps by members and take it from there so that we can take it up with CASE , LTA etc a no constructive action is taken.

I am disappointed as for the mysterious cracked windscreen there is no recall for the defects at all. Just a time bomb awaiting to explode.

I am going to start a thread on the slow wiper speed causing poor visibility during medium rainfall which is another safety issue especially during now the monsoon season in Singapore and worst if you are in Malaysia. Another major safety issue.

aswalkersg

Back to top Go down

Post by Elixir99 8th December 2009, 11:30 pm

ace wrote:With demanding customers, they can improve......their products.

With tida apak customers......give them infinity time also won't improve.

If they want to give us european fittings, with top class designer, and market the car as an aspiration to reach that goal, surely hearing complaints about their failure in this mission is good for them to reach their goal earlier rather than never.

thumbsup agree....
Elixir99
Elixir99

Back to top Go down

Post by Elixir99 8th December 2009, 11:38 pm

I beg to differ! Mad Other make esp like BMW, AUdi have their own "problems". But it can be rectified. KIA dun seems to be able to even give its customer an acceptable explanation to start with.
Evil or Very Mad

No car is perfect, dun think most of us r "complaining" abt the road noise.... but Headlight to fog is really not something common (acceptable) and gotta nothing to do with price paid.

If we shift the weightage to pricing, can anyone advise if cheaper price car than Forte will have windscreen crack and self fogging head lamp + some unknown problems as a must????
Elixir99
Elixir99

Back to top Go down

Post by waypoint 8th December 2009, 11:44 pm

Bro, I think you've missed the whole point of this thread.

waypoint
waypoint

Back to top Go down

Post by The Blue Cruiser 9th December 2009, 1:38 am

I got the whole point. you guys are not satisfied with Kia and CnC's explanation and could not accept this phenomenon as the minimum quality. i personally believe it is a QC defect.

but you guys also missed my point - what's the use of complaining if they don't want to solve it? we can send in 1001 letters to Kia and in the end, they bo char. someone in this thread had mentioned that "he (the SE) even showed me a memo from korea about the case being normal...."

so let's live with it since we can't do anything to push Kia and CnC to deal with this issue. they themselves already wrote a memo, saying that it is "normal". 1 WEEK OLD 1.6SX~~FOGGY HEADLIGHTS?? NORMAL?? Icon_wink

btw, isn't a poster in this thread mentioned that Kia has dispatched a group of engineers here to investigate the problem? shall we wait for the results?
The Blue Cruiser
The Blue Cruiser

Back to top Go down

Post by The Blue Cruiser 9th December 2009, 1:55 am

i got a useful link here regarding this issue, check it out:

http://www.coolcats.net/tech/troubleshooting/headlamp.html

an example of a product that can be used to solve the foggy issue:

http://www.headlightsolution.net/

individual effort to solve the issue BUT try at your own risk:

http://www.ehow.com/how_4498236_frosted-foggy-plastic-headlight-lens.html
The Blue Cruiser
The Blue Cruiser

Back to top Go down

Post by Elixir99 9th December 2009, 11:01 pm

The Blue Cruiser wrote:i got a useful link here regarding this issue, check it out:

http://www.coolcats.net/tech/troubleshooting/headlamp.html

an example of a product that can be used to solve the foggy issue:

http://www.headlightsolution.net/

individual effort to solve the issue BUT try at your own risk:

http://www.ehow.com/how_4498236_frosted-foggy-plastic-headlight-lens.html

Thanks for sharing dude. thumbsup

Nevertheless, if this problem can easily resolved as per the link advised, then i am curious why C&C, KIA is solving the issue instead scratch scratch

From the link, fogging only comes in like a wear tear issue, but forte is new wor....Crying or Very sad
Elixir99
Elixir99

Back to top Go down

Post by waypoint 9th December 2009, 11:53 pm

It is because the issues addressed by the links posted resolves crazing, oxidation, abrasion and fogging mainly on the outside of the headlamp.

In our case, it is condensation on the inside. Macam pneumonia...

Sheesh...

BR,
w a y
waypoint
waypoint

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next