Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» assay
Stering when turn right or left, got sound. Empty4th August 2011, 10:13 pm by Guest

» APP Leading Website Generator
Stering when turn right or left, got sound. Empty4th August 2011, 11:47 am by Guest

» check-up
Stering when turn right or left, got sound. Empty4th August 2011, 10:03 am by Guest

» Blu-ray to iPad Ripper lift Blu glimmer DVD movies quest of iPad
Stering when turn right or left, got sound. Empty4th August 2011, 8:24 am by Guest

» ubiquitous
Stering when turn right or left, got sound. Empty4th August 2011, 6:07 am by Guest

» South african indian dating. Nz internet dating.
Stering when turn right or left, got sound. Empty3rd August 2011, 8:57 pm by Guest

» WHAT CREEPY IDEA ON YOUTUBE HASN'T ALREADY BEEN DONE YET?
Stering when turn right or left, got sound. Empty3rd August 2011, 7:30 pm by Guest

» buy facebook fan f8
Stering when turn right or left, got sound. Empty3rd August 2011, 3:15 pm by Guest

» division
Stering when turn right or left, got sound. Empty3rd August 2011, 11:43 am by Guest

RSS feeds

MSN 

Stering when turn right or left, got sound.

+12
JuanST
nothing
impact2001
zlement
duncton
dubdew
fonefun610
FriesL
dandeana21
waypoint
muff
cnxeon
16 posters

Go down

Stering when turn right or left, got sound. Empty Stering when turn right or left, got sound.

Post by cnxeon 22nd September 2009, 7:04 pm

I have complaint to C&C pandan regarding the above for about 3 times. According to the engineer, it seems to be a common problem. Even after changing " clock spring" still the same. Anybody having this same problem as mine.
cnxeon
cnxeon

Back to top Go down

Stering when turn right or left, got sound. Empty Re: Stering when turn right or left, got sound.

Post by muff 22nd September 2009, 10:33 pm

should ask who is not having this problem ? Stering when turn right or left, got sound. Icon_biggrin
muff
muff

Back to top Go down

Stering when turn right or left, got sound. Empty Re: Stering when turn right or left, got sound.

Post by waypoint 22nd September 2009, 11:08 pm

Are you talking about a slight and very soft squealing sound? Macam like got tikus?
waypoint
waypoint

Back to top Go down

Post by dandeana21 22nd September 2009, 11:30 pm

muff wrote:should ask who is not having this problem ? Stering when turn right or left, got sound. Icon_biggrin

LOL.. yah.. me oso got the squeaking sound whenever i turn my steering wheel.. Stering when turn right or left, got sound. Icon_tongue
dandeana21
dandeana21

Back to top Go down

Post by waypoint 22nd September 2009, 11:57 pm

Not so evident on cool days, evenings and nights when you first start the car. But on very hot days when it feels like it's baking inside, the sound becomes very obvious.
waypoint
waypoint

Back to top Go down

Post by FriesL 23rd September 2009, 10:37 am

i kind of realize that if i steer too fast from lock to lock, i.e in 3 point turn, then i could hear the gear zee sound (kind of soft..) is this the kind of sound TS is referring?

FriesL

Back to top Go down

Post by fonefun610 23rd September 2009, 11:59 am

sounds like balloon rubbing against styrofoam, quite irritating...

fonefun610

Back to top Go down

Post by FriesL 23rd September 2009, 2:35 pm

oh.. thanks for clarifying... not those sound i think...

FriesL

Back to top Go down

Post by cnxeon 23rd September 2009, 6:45 pm

emm...ya the so called tikus "sound".

Going for 10K servicing this coming Thu...will complaint again....LOL

But everytime they do only last a while...may be 1 day...then the "tikus come back again".

Got one time they pump my tyre presure to 40 psi...wah lau...
cnxeon
cnxeon

Back to top Go down

Post by muff 23rd September 2009, 7:16 pm

quote from bro nothing in another thread :

CnC called, windscreen replaced and also replaced the steering clock spring...haha, even changing of clock spring also twice, according to them this is also "improved version of clock spring" don't know whether to laugh or cry.....anyway, since they do it voluntary...nothing have nothing to lose.... Stering when turn right or left, got sound. Icon_biggrin

seems like clock spring now got "improved" version, hopefully this will help solve the problem....but I think you muz also insist upfront that they replace the clock spring otherwise they may juz lubricate the clock spring only.... Stering when turn right or left, got sound. Icon_biggrin
muff
muff

Back to top Go down

Post by dubdew 23rd September 2009, 7:24 pm

BRos, fret not....my V2 is experiencing the same problem as well. I highlighted to them during the 10k servicing...the tikus sound came back after a day or 2.....

i tink im gonna tell them again on the next servicing... Sad

whats the problem arh...
dubdew
dubdew

Back to top Go down

Post by muff 23rd September 2009, 7:35 pm

think it muz be the c*ck spring lah...

lets wait for bro nothing to post feedback......hopefully this time they can get ride of the tikus.....
muff
muff

Back to top Go down

Post by duncton 23rd September 2009, 10:53 pm

@!#$@!%.... they just lubricate the clock spring for me when I send in my car for 5000 servicing. Stering when turn right or left, got sound. Icon_mad but really, after so long... simply bochap oredi. used to it liao.
duncton
duncton

Back to top Go down

Post by zlement 23rd September 2009, 10:58 pm

i hv changed to e "improved clock spring" last fri, but only aft 1 day e sound came back again...
zlement
zlement

Back to top Go down

Post by muff 23rd September 2009, 11:03 pm

went for my 10K servicing, complained to them again about the sound but end up also lubricate the spring again....think they can drag till my warranty over..... Stering when turn right or left, got sound. Icon_cry
muff
muff

Back to top Go down

Post by impact2001 23rd September 2009, 11:04 pm

Well mine also had the clock spring changed at Pandan Garden.. After chg also got sound... At 5k servicing, I went UBI to get it rectify.. I believe they put some lubricant.. So far had not hear the sound.
impact2001
impact2001

Back to top Go down

Post by muff 23rd September 2009, 11:06 pm

zlement wrote:i hv changed to e "improved clock spring" last fri, but only aft 1 day e sound came back again...

If i remember correctly you've already highlighted this problem to them a few times already rite ?
muff
muff

Back to top Go down

Post by duncton 23rd September 2009, 11:09 pm

impact bro, dun wish to be wet blanket.... but i am betting it will come back.... sooner or later. Stering when turn right or left, got sound. Icon_tongue

if never, then can buy 4D lor. keke... Stering when turn right or left, got sound. Icon_razz
duncton
duncton

Back to top Go down

Post by impact2001 23rd September 2009, 11:12 pm

I also felt it will come back la.. I already lose hope with C&C servicing... Just that I now hopping ard service center to see who can rectify the problem.. PG really give me crap talks only.. So far i still pending my one of my part to be change for almost 3 months liao.
impact2001
impact2001

Back to top Go down

Post by duncton 23rd September 2009, 11:34 pm

grr.... say oredi also mad... they also promised me after the lurication, that they are ordering some steering assembly to solve the problem. talk rubbish only. Its been 3 month since my last servicing also.

Stering when turn right or left, got sound. Icon_mad
duncton
duncton

Back to top Go down

Post by nothing 24th September 2009, 12:34 pm

zlement wrote:i hv changed to e "improved clock spring" last fri, but only aft 1 day e sound came back again...

Bro, u also changed to the 'improved clock spring' ah? Mine better still, less than 10 hrs the sound is back again and now I revert to my old method of sticking a 2mm foam inbetween the DAB and the steering hub.....
nothing
nothing

Back to top Go down

Post by zlement 24th September 2009, 10:31 pm

nothing wrote:

Bro, u also changed to the 'improved clock spring' ah? Mine better still, less than 10 hrs the sound is back again and now I revert to my old method of sticking a 2mm foam inbetween the DAB and the steering hub.....

ya.. tik i'll stick something in between the DAB n steering wheel to solve e prob too...

i wonder if they change e DAB can solve e prob anot, since e sound comes from e DAB..
zlement
zlement

Back to top Go down

Post by nothing 25th September 2009, 9:35 am

zlement wrote:
nothing wrote:

ya.. tik i'll stick something in between the DAB n steering wheel to solve e prob too...

i wonder if they change e DAB can solve e prob anot, since e sound comes from e DAB..

been telling them that it's due to the DAB rubbing against the steering wheel hub but they keep working around the clock spring....anyway spoken to Mr.Koh and he told me if this improved version still doesn;t work, they will replace the DAB unit and the securing method will be different....now they r still waiting for instruction from Kimchi Engineers Stering when turn right or left, got sound. Icon_biggrin
nothing
nothing

Back to top Go down

Post by JuanST 25th September 2009, 9:40 am

what is DAB????? Stering when turn right or left, got sound. Icon_redface dashboard?
JuanST
JuanST

Back to top Go down

Post by zlement 25th September 2009, 10:56 pm

JuanST wrote:what is DAB????? Stering when turn right or left, got sound. Icon_redface dashboard?

its e Driver Airbag Module... e round piece at e ctr of ur steering wheel...
zlement
zlement

Back to top Go down

Post by cnxeon 28th September 2009, 11:13 am

Like what I say, complaint to them during my last friday 10K servicing...Sat the sound come back again liaw...kns...dunno wat they are doing... complaint 4 time liaw...
cnxeon
cnxeon

Back to top Go down

Post by Divine 28th September 2009, 11:19 am

erm i dun understand wat sound leh i dun hav lay.. or maybe i didnt notice..
Divine
Divine

Back to top Go down

Post by muff 28th September 2009, 11:39 am

your car got cats stickers...tikus dun dare to disturb.... Stering when turn right or left, got sound. Icon_biggrin
muff
muff

Back to top Go down

Post by Divine 28th September 2009, 11:50 am

muff wrote:your car got cats stickers...tikus dun dare to disturb.... Stering when turn right or left, got sound. Icon_biggrin

ya my car got 2 meng sheng!! lolx
Divine
Divine

Back to top Go down

Post by cnxeon 28th September 2009, 1:33 pm

Lol...I think have to put cat sticker liaw...
cnxeon
cnxeon

Back to top Go down

Post by Divine 28th September 2009, 1:54 pm

cnxeon wrote:Lol...I think have to put cat sticker liaw...

power la join the club =)
Divine
Divine

Back to top Go down

Post by nothing 10th December 2009, 11:12 am

Just got a call from CnC this morning, they will be replacing the whole steering wheel and the DAB module next week....as my last trial with their offered solution still have the same sound returning after awhile...I m using my ride for trial remedy by CnC to the sound created when turning the steering wheel...so far I have to said CnC isn't that bad in follow up actions, they noted our feedbacks and actually working on it.....Will keep u guys posted of the trial result.

For those that have sound from the steering when turning, hold on to it first and see whether the coming solution that CnC offer is the right one, rather than wasting trips down to service centre for temporary solutions.
nothing
nothing

Back to top Go down

Post by FriesL 10th December 2009, 11:35 am

Good.. to hear....at least they follow up..

FriesL

Back to top Go down

Post by aswalkersg 10th December 2009, 7:45 pm

Hi Bro,

Is this affecting the Electric or hydraulic steering ?

I know 2.o is the electric one . How does the sound like ?
nothing wrote:Just got a call from CnC this morning, they will be replacing the whole steering wheel and the DAB module next week....as my last trial with their offered solution still have the same sound returning after awhile...I m using my ride for trial remedy by CnC to the sound created when turning the steering wheel...so far I have to said CnC isn't that bad in follow up actions, they noted our feedbacks and actually working on it.....Will keep u guys posted of the trial result.

For those that have sound from the steering when turning, hold on to it first and see whether the coming solution that CnC offer is the right one, rather than wasting trips down to service centre for temporary solutions.

aswalkersg

Back to top Go down

Post by zlement 10th December 2009, 9:09 pm

nothing wrote:Just got a call from CnC this morning, they will be replacing the whole steering wheel and the DAB module next week....as my last trial with their offered solution still have the same sound returning after awhile...I m using my ride for trial remedy by CnC to the sound created when turning the steering wheel...so far I have to said CnC isn't that bad in follow up actions, they noted our feedbacks and actually working on it.....Will keep u guys posted of the trial result.

hopefully tis will solved e prob... waiting for ur gd news...
zlement
zlement

Back to top Go down

Post by nothing 11th December 2009, 11:04 am

will do, once the trial over, will keep u guys posted....
nothing
nothing

Back to top Go down

Post by FriesL 11th December 2009, 11:36 am

i think i may have the issue too... but kind of soft ya??? and not very obvious everytime too.. actually i kind of tot its the motor spinning sound.. haaa..

FriesL

Back to top Go down

Post by my_motor 12th December 2009, 10:28 pm

muff wrote:should ask who is not having this problem ? Stering when turn right or left, got sound. Icon_biggrin

turn slowly no sound but turn very fast (normally reverse parking) can hear faint sound like rubber rubbing

my_motor

Back to top Go down

Post by nothing 15th December 2009, 10:43 am

Just got my steering and DAB changed this morning, will monitor and let u guys know the outcome...so far so good, no weird sound so far from LK to my office.....the steering wheel is the new version with the leather wrapped with red threading......
nothing
nothing

Back to top Go down

Post by FriesL 15th December 2009, 1:11 pm

Cool!

bro.. how about if turning fast lock to lock? mine seems to have sound only when turning fast.. wor.. good??

FriesL

Back to top Go down

Post by zlement 15th December 2009, 9:30 pm

nothing wrote:Just got my steering and DAB changed this morning, will monitor and let u guys know the outcome...so far so good, no weird sound so far from LK to my office.....the steering wheel is the new version with the leather wrapped with red threading......

dats a gd sign, hopefully e sound dun ever come back..
zlement
zlement

Back to top Go down

Post by my_motor 15th December 2009, 9:46 pm

FriesL wrote:Cool!

bro.. how about if turning fast lock to lock? mine seems to have sound only when turning fast.. wor.. good??

yes. turning fast lock to lock can hear rubber faint "rubbing sound"

my_motor

Back to top Go down

Post by FriesL 16th December 2009, 5:48 pm

so its good... issit.. thx for update..

FriesL

Back to top Go down

Post by saturnz^83 17th December 2009, 10:39 pm

Actually mine also have that sound..but i just live with it.. Smile
saturnz^83
saturnz^83

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down