Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» assay
Is it a Norm for FC to be high to Run in of the engine? Empty4th August 2011, 10:13 pm by Guest

» APP Leading Website Generator
Is it a Norm for FC to be high to Run in of the engine? Empty4th August 2011, 11:47 am by Guest

» check-up
Is it a Norm for FC to be high to Run in of the engine? Empty4th August 2011, 10:03 am by Guest

» Blu-ray to iPad Ripper lift Blu glimmer DVD movies quest of iPad
Is it a Norm for FC to be high to Run in of the engine? Empty4th August 2011, 8:24 am by Guest

» ubiquitous
Is it a Norm for FC to be high to Run in of the engine? Empty4th August 2011, 6:07 am by Guest

» South african indian dating. Nz internet dating.
Is it a Norm for FC to be high to Run in of the engine? Empty3rd August 2011, 8:57 pm by Guest

» WHAT CREEPY IDEA ON YOUTUBE HASN'T ALREADY BEEN DONE YET?
Is it a Norm for FC to be high to Run in of the engine? Empty3rd August 2011, 7:30 pm by Guest

» buy facebook fan f8
Is it a Norm for FC to be high to Run in of the engine? Empty3rd August 2011, 3:15 pm by Guest

» division
Is it a Norm for FC to be high to Run in of the engine? Empty3rd August 2011, 11:43 am by Guest

RSS feeds

MSN 

Is it a Norm for FC to be high to Run in of the engine?

4 posters

Go down

Is it a Norm for FC to be high to Run in of the engine? Empty Is it a Norm for FC to be high to Run in of the engine?

Post by nightfever 4th October 2009, 6:04 pm

Hi all, I am experiencing high FC for my 1.6 SX (A). Present mileage is only 180km. But this car is "drinking" my fuel so fast. Is it a norm for the FC to be on the high side prior to the 1000KM servicing? Pls advise. Tks...

nightfever

Back to top Go down

Is it a Norm for FC to be high to Run in of the engine? Empty Re: Is it a Norm for FC to be high to Run in of the engine?

Post by aural 4th October 2009, 6:12 pm

nightfever wrote:Hi all, I am experiencing high FC for my 1.6 SX (A). Present mileage is only 180km. But this car is "drinking" my fuel so fast. Is it a norm for the FC to be on the high side prior to the 1000KM servicing? Pls advise. Tks...

How fast is fast drinking?

What's your driving style.
Maybe can advise based on your RPMs when you travel.

I also collected about 1 day. finished 1/4 of a tank already. Travelled only 90km..... but towards empty still shows 477km.
aural
aural

Back to top Go down

Is it a Norm for FC to be high to Run in of the engine? Empty Re: Is it a Norm for FC to be high to Run in of the engine?

Post by jl1500k 4th October 2009, 8:40 pm

My 1.6SX M also the same. After 1K servicing FC went up from 7.3L to 9.5L but after travel more than 200KM FC slowly came back to 7.5L/100Km
jl1500k
jl1500k

Back to top Go down

Post by nightfever 5th October 2009, 12:00 am

aural wrote:
nightfever wrote:Hi all, I am experiencing high FC for my 1.6 SX (A). Present mileage is only 180km. But this car is "drinking" my fuel so fast. Is it a norm for the FC to be on the high side prior to the 1000KM servicing? Pls advise. Tks...

I also collected about 1 day. finished 1/4 of a tank already. Travelled only 90km..... but towards empty still shows 477km.

mine abt 1L/10km. as for driving style, i try to rev below 2Krpm. after reading the manual, it suggest driving prior to 1K service should be 2-4K rev and try not to maintain a constant driving speed.

nightfever

Back to top Go down

Post by nightfever 5th October 2009, 12:02 am

jl1500k wrote:My 1.6SX M also the same. After 1K servicing FC went up from 7.3L to 9.5L but after travel more than 200KM FC slowly came back to 7.5L/100Km

mine travveled only 200Km. display is 10.5L/100Km. hopes it will improve after my 1K servicing.

nightfever

Back to top Go down

Post by aural 5th October 2009, 12:11 am

nightfever wrote:
jl1500k wrote:My 1.6SX M also the same. After 1K servicing FC went up from 7.3L to 9.5L but after travel more than 200KM FC slowly came back to 7.5L/100Km

mine travveled only 200Km. display is 10.5L/100Km. hopes it will improve after my 1K servicing.

Dun mind the FC until you finished 2 tanks by then you should also be doing your first 1k servicing.
But if your FC is ard 8-11L/100km it's normal.

Anyway it's mainly your driving pattern that will affect if your FC is 8 or 11L/100km.

Unless it is really abnormal like 13-15 then you may want to start worrying.
aural
aural

Back to top Go down

Post by Potatoes 5th October 2009, 12:15 am

aural wrote:

Aural.... 477km + 90km gives total of 567km (Estimate) ..... quite good liao

My FULL tank today shows 520km to Empty. However, I normally clock in an average of about 420-430km. My best so far is 465km for 44L petrol (abt 10.5km/L).

My poor FC is often due to many stoppages at Traffic lights, slow moving traffic in the urban.
Potatoes
Potatoes

Back to top Go down

Post by jl1500k 5th October 2009, 12:18 am

nightfever wrote:

FC will be better after 10K servicing after change to fully synthetic oil.
jl1500k
jl1500k

Back to top Go down

Post by aural 5th October 2009, 12:21 am

Potatoes wrote:

Aural.... 477km + 90km gives total of 567km (Estimate) ..... quite good liao

My FULL tank today shows 520km to Empty. However, I normally clock in an average of about 420-430km. My best so far is 465km for 44L petrol (abt 10.5km/L).

My poor FC is often due to many stoppages at Traffic lights, slow moving traffic in the urban.[/quote]

I drive abt 60 expressways and 40 normal road. Btw, how big is our fuel tank? 1/2 tank costed me one full tank of my xiao lan (995cc) car, lol...
aural
aural

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down