Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» assay
Forte 2.0L (A) Engine Temp very high? Empty4th August 2011, 10:13 pm by Guest

» APP Leading Website Generator
Forte 2.0L (A) Engine Temp very high? Empty4th August 2011, 11:47 am by Guest

» check-up
Forte 2.0L (A) Engine Temp very high? Empty4th August 2011, 10:03 am by Guest

» Blu-ray to iPad Ripper lift Blu glimmer DVD movies quest of iPad
Forte 2.0L (A) Engine Temp very high? Empty4th August 2011, 8:24 am by Guest

» ubiquitous
Forte 2.0L (A) Engine Temp very high? Empty4th August 2011, 6:07 am by Guest

» South african indian dating. Nz internet dating.
Forte 2.0L (A) Engine Temp very high? Empty3rd August 2011, 8:57 pm by Guest

» WHAT CREEPY IDEA ON YOUTUBE HASN'T ALREADY BEEN DONE YET?
Forte 2.0L (A) Engine Temp very high? Empty3rd August 2011, 7:30 pm by Guest

» buy facebook fan f8
Forte 2.0L (A) Engine Temp very high? Empty3rd August 2011, 3:15 pm by Guest

» division
Forte 2.0L (A) Engine Temp very high? Empty3rd August 2011, 11:43 am by Guest

RSS feeds

MSN 

Forte 2.0L (A) Engine Temp very high?

+11
scorpey
leo
my_motor
greatgazoo
tish
FeiLeong
Cypher
leedevil
Fortec
nothing
Dar
15 posters

Go down

Forte 2.0L (A) Engine Temp very high? Empty Forte 2.0L (A) Engine Temp very high?

Post by Dar 25th June 2009, 12:36 pm

Hi bro and sis, I realize my 2l auto engine temp very high leh, the gauge show half bar when driving and 2/3 when idle. Checked the coolen fluid is full leh. Something wrong?
The coolen fluid looks very green, like very concentrated, do I add water to it?
Dar
Dar

Back to top Go down

Forte 2.0L (A) Engine Temp very high? Empty Re: Forte 2.0L (A) Engine Temp very high?

Post by nothing 25th June 2009, 12:58 pm

Dar wrote:Hi bro and sis, I realize my 2l auto engine temp very high leh, the gauge show half bar when driving and 2/3 when idle. Checked the coolen fluid is full leh. Something wrong?
The coolen fluid looks very green, like very concentrated, do I add water to it?

the indicator should show close to half bar but not nearly at half mark yet when car is fully warmed up (driving condition)...unless yr radiator reserve is not at the right level, then u can add in water (best to get distilled water, can get those drinking distilled water but not mineral water, to prevent mineral corrosion)....coolant meant to look concentrated..
nothing
nothing

Back to top Go down

Forte 2.0L (A) Engine Temp very high? Empty Re: Forte 2.0L (A) Engine Temp very high?

Post by Dar 25th June 2009, 1:29 pm

Thanks nothing Smile

the temp is at idle is at 2/3 of the bar, the last time a drove a car at that temp was my dad's car with a broken radiator fan. I'm worried.
Dar
Dar

Back to top Go down

Post by nothing 25th June 2009, 1:56 pm

Dar wrote:Thanks nothing Smile

the temp is at idle is at 2/3 of the bar, the last time a drove a car at that temp was my dad's car with a broken radiator fan. I'm worried.

no cause for alarm, unless it move beyond the half way point....: )
nothing
nothing

Back to top Go down

Post by Fortec 25th June 2009, 2:38 pm

nothing wrote:

2/3 > 1/2 liao eh
Fortec
Fortec

Back to top Go down

Post by Dar 25th June 2009, 4:06 pm

Yea, it beyond the half way point liao, I checked the radiator is working. A colleague suggest it maybe because it's new, Will monitor.
Dar
Dar

Back to top Go down

Post by leedevil 25th June 2009, 4:10 pm

For my 1.6(M) its about 1/3 or slightly less den half..even my old ride nissan sunny also about the same...only once when my eng temp starts fluctuating den i start to panic...once it hit the max temp i will stop by the road side wait for it to cool down...but at the workshop the guy told me its jus a fault "eng thermometer"(or duno wat u kol it)...den i feel more relieved...imagine the eng temp like rollar coaster like dat...haha

leedevil

Back to top Go down

Post by Fortec 25th June 2009, 4:21 pm

For peace of mind, just call the service center and ask them if it's normal for the 2L forte temp to be at 2/3 bar.
Fortec
Fortec

Back to top Go down

Post by nothing 25th June 2009, 4:37 pm

Fortec wrote:
nothing wrote:

2/3 > 1/2 liao eh

paiseh, didn't read properly, in that case, definitely something wrong leh....
nothing
nothing

Back to top Go down

Post by Cypher 25th June 2009, 4:45 pm

Coolant temperature sensor gone bad?? Check whether your radiator fan is working first or not...
Cypher
Cypher

Back to top Go down

Post by nothing 25th June 2009, 4:46 pm

If possible, drive to Leng kee service centre, don't stop the engine, ask the technician there to look at the temp display panel...
nothing
nothing

Back to top Go down

Post by FeiLeong 25th June 2009, 6:02 pm

Anyone know wat is Eng working temp for 1.6/ 2L forte..??

Wat I know if the temp gauge keep maintain the level not more increasing..mean is the working temp. Unless u know the working temp, similar to water temp too.
FeiLeong
FeiLeong

Back to top Go down

Post by Dar 25th June 2009, 7:18 pm

I just called my SE, he said that's not normal and suggest i make an appt with the service centre and quick quick go for a quick check. Sad
Dar
Dar

Back to top Go down

Post by Fortec 25th June 2009, 9:55 pm

Dar wrote:I just called my SE, he said that's not normal and suggest i make an appt with the service centre and quick quick go for a quick check. Sad

Do it first thing 2moro, engine overheat don't play play ^^.
Fortec
Fortec

Back to top Go down

Post by tish 25th June 2009, 10:28 pm

i better faster check mine also... remember seeing a bar that is more than half...
tish
tish

Back to top Go down

Post by Dar 26th June 2009, 12:50 am

Fortec wrote:
Dar wrote:I just called my SE, he said that's not normal and suggest i make an appt with the service centre and quick quick go for a quick check. Sad

Do it first thing 2moro, engine overheat don't play play ^^.

ya called them just now 6 plus office closed liao. Sent them an SMS, think fastest also sat morning.
Dar
Dar

Back to top Go down

Post by greatgazoo 26th June 2009, 2:29 am

You can try confirm again but it's normal Dar. Usually the temperature should be slightly below half or slightly above half. Engine will not be running probably if below average temperature.
Try monitor your temperature gauge when u driving for long hours, if it stays at the same position, it's normal. However, if it starts getting higher and higher, dun run your car anymore and park along side of the road to let it cool down before you drive to service center for inspection.
greatgazoo
greatgazoo

Back to top Go down

Post by Fortec 26th June 2009, 9:02 am

greatgazoo wrote:You can try confirm again but it's normal Dar. Usually the temperature should be slightly below half or slightly above half. Engine will not be running probably if below average temperature.
Try monitor your temperature gauge when u driving for long hours, if it stays at the same position, it's normal. However, if it starts getting higher and higher, dun run your car anymore and park along side of the road to let it cool down before you drive to service center for inspection.

Bro, he said it's at 2/3 bar and his SE also say it's not normal liao...stop confusing him haha.
Fortec
Fortec

Back to top Go down

Post by nothing 26th June 2009, 9:59 am

Fortec wrote:
greatgazoo wrote:You can try confirm again but it's normal Dar. Usually the temperature should be slightly below half or slightly above half. Engine will not be running probably if below average temperature.

Bro, he said it's at 2/3 bar and his SE also say it's not normal liao...stop confusing him haha.

yes, 2/3 bar is way too high and is not normal , as I mentioned it should only be close to half, if everything operating ok, should not even be more than half on the indicator display...pls send in yr car to check asap....
nothing
nothing

Back to top Go down

Post by greatgazoo 26th June 2009, 10:05 am

Smile yup I saw him saying 2/3, my suggestion above is for scenario if it is less than 2/3. Sorry for the confusion.

Anyway, Dar if u are still driving, u have to keep monitoring till the problem is solve if not pull over to let it cool down and dun let it hit the full mark to prevent overheat. It's a very serious thing if your engine is over heat & u can say bye bye to ur car and scrap it.
greatgazoo
greatgazoo

Back to top Go down

Post by my_motor 26th June 2009, 11:06 am

Dar wrote:Hi bro and sis, I realize my 2l auto engine temp very high leh, the gauge show half bar when driving and 2/3 when idle. Checked the coolen fluid is full leh. Something wrong?
do update us..... now I am still waiting to secure my COE... quite worry about Forte Shocked

my_motor

Back to top Go down

Post by greatgazoo 26th June 2009, 3:05 pm

No worry, it's only minority. Jus pray hard that yours doesn't belong that group & enjoy your ride.
greatgazoo
greatgazoo

Back to top Go down

Post by leo 26th June 2009, 5:16 pm

er..the manual doesn't say anything on the correct temperature?

leo

Back to top Go down

Post by scorpey 28th June 2009, 11:39 pm

err... im collecting mine tmw.. 2L SX (A).. will keep a look out on the temp Smile
scorpey
scorpey

Back to top Go down

Post by tish 29th June 2009, 12:07 am

scorpey wrote:err... im collecting mine tmw.. 2L SX (A).. will keep a look out on the temp Smile
Gan chong or not ? lol, tonight confirm u cannot sleep properly lol
tish
tish

Back to top Go down

Post by scorpey 29th June 2009, 12:12 am

tish wrote:
scorpey wrote:err... im collecting mine tmw.. 2L SX (A).. will keep a look out on the temp Smile
Gan chong or not ? lol, tonight confirm u cannot sleep properly lol

haha.. not realli lah..this is my 2nd car liao..anyway i already saw my car.. well.. i fix wif SA to collect on monday but happen to follow my fren to do CS2 on his Mit Ex.. den nothing to do so go showroom n hope to collect my car.. but SA already left... so went up to level 2 and take a look lor.. Smile
scorpey
scorpey

Back to top Go down

Post by scorpey 29th June 2009, 5:37 pm

ok, collected my 2L A SX this morning.. everything seems good.. at first i thot i heard tuk tuk sound over hump.. but den i do a few more humps.. doesn't seem to have.. not sure yet but gotto confirm tuk tuk sound again..

for engine temp.. mine is just below mid pt, even driving for over 20km still the same.. SE told me anythg above mid pt is adnormal.. could be coolant leakages etc. so if u guys got high temp shd go back Cnc asap.. if not, engine may damage..

my tyres pressure r normal too.. abt 230 ave.. den try the trunk lever quite smooth also.. so far everythg is good.. Smile
scorpey
scorpey

Back to top Go down

Post by tish 29th June 2009, 5:41 pm

scorpey wrote:ok, collected my 2L A SX this morning.. everything seems good.. at first i thot i heard tuk tuk sound over hump.. but den i do a few more humps.. doesn't seem to have.. not sure yet but gotto confirm tuk tuk sound again..

for engine temp.. mine is just below mid pt, even driving for over 20km still the same.. SE told me anythg above mid pt is adnormal.. could be coolant leakages etc. so if u guys got high temp shd go back Cnc asap.. if not, engine may damage..

my tyres pressure r normal too.. abt 230 ave.. den try the trunk lever quite smooth also.. so far everythg is good.. Smile
sounds good for u Smile

But once u heard the front wheel got knocking sound, confirm got le, u open window next time, can hear clearly de
tish
tish

Back to top Go down

Post by scorpey 29th June 2009, 5:44 pm

oic.. will try to hear again.. i already mute my radio just now.. anyway, very smooth ride compare to my old car.. Smile drop a gear jus now nice sound.. but gotto let go cos dun want it to hit 4k rpm for running in... sure wana wack once 1000km up Razz
scorpey
scorpey

Back to top Go down

Post by tish 29th June 2009, 5:45 pm

scorpey wrote:oic.. will try to hear again.. i already mute my radio just now.. anyway, very smooth ride compare to my old car.. Smile drop a gear jus now nice sound.. but gotto let go cos dun want it to hit 4k rpm for running in... sure wana wack once 1000km up Razz
LOL, u also itchy right.... grin
tish
tish

Back to top Go down

Post by scorpey 29th June 2009, 5:48 pm

yup! i missed my manual transmission already.. so sportronics is all i have now Razz
scorpey
scorpey

Back to top Go down

Post by tish 29th June 2009, 5:50 pm

sportronics really no kick man!! Clutchless abit weird lol. Also dunno when up gear down gear should release accelerator or not...
tish
tish

Back to top Go down

Post by Dar 29th June 2009, 10:15 pm

Hey guys, updates on Haku's 'fever':

Last post was 25th Thurs

26th Fri:
C & C called me and ask me to drop by for a check but I couldn't make it, ask them what could be the problem, they couldn't tell. Reach home that day at 0135hrs, idled car for 3 mins, temp move from mid bar to almost 2/3 of the bar still.

27th Sat:
Came home from work, forgot to check temp. Washed car clean clean and wax'd, start car and idle for about 3mins...temp just below mid line. Drove to Thomson for dinner, same, try to idle for slightly longer for abt 6-8mins, no change, temp just below mid line.

28th Sun til now:
Warm up car morning, temp went from 0 to slightly below mid line, driving same, idle also same. After that seems ok liao.

May be my colleague was right, brand new engine that's why like that ba.

Will ask them to take a look during the 1K servicing to play safe.
Dar
Dar

Back to top Go down

Post by kapitan 29th June 2009, 10:20 pm

please ensure that Haku put on a face mask if she come for the meet up, otherwise, worst case, we would have to quarantine her....
kapitan
kapitan

Back to top Go down

Post by Dar 29th June 2009, 10:44 pm

kapitan wrote:please ensure that Haku put on a face mask if she come for the meet up, otherwise, worst case, we would have to quarantine her....

Haha! Kapitan, you win lah! lol!
Dar
Dar

Back to top Go down

Post by scorpey 29th June 2009, 11:08 pm

keep mornitoring for a longer time ba.. i drove 80+km liao.. notice the temp didn't really move i.e. same location @ slightly below mid pt.
scorpey
scorpey

Back to top Go down

Post by waypoint 29th June 2009, 11:15 pm

Could it be a blockage somewhere in the coolant runners inside the engine? Blockages can cause intermittent spikes in temperature some times.

BR,
w a y

Dar wrote:Hey guys, updates on Haku's 'fever':

Last post was 25th Thurs

26th Fri:
C & C called me and ask me to drop by for a check but I couldn't make it, ask them what could be the problem, they couldn't tell. Reach home that day at 0135hrs, idled car for 3 mins, temp move from mid bar to almost 2/3 of the bar still.

27th Sat:
Came home from work, forgot to check temp. Washed car clean clean and wax'd, start car and idle for about 3mins...temp just below mid line. Drove to Thomson for dinner, same, try to idle for slightly longer for abt 6-8mins, no change, temp just below mid line.

28th Sun til now:
Warm up car morning, temp went from 0 to slightly below mid line, driving same, idle also same. After that seems ok liao.

May be my colleague was right, brand new engine that's why like that ba.

Will ask them to take a look during the 1K servicing to play safe.
waypoint
waypoint

Back to top Go down

Post by greatgazoo 29th June 2009, 11:51 pm

scorpey wrote:keep mornitoring for a longer time ba.. i drove 80+km liao.. notice the temp didn't really move i.e. same location @ slightly below mid pt.

My guess is the run-in period, and after run-in, the engine should have use to it and back to normal point.
greatgazoo
greatgazoo

Back to top Go down

Post by loveforte 30th June 2009, 12:43 am

my 2L auto forte always stay below half bar of the coolant temp
loveforte
loveforte

Back to top Go down

Post by scorpey 30th June 2009, 3:38 pm

greatgazoo wrote:
scorpey wrote:keep mornitoring for a longer time ba.. i drove 80+km liao.. notice the temp didn't really move i.e. same location @ slightly below mid pt.

My guess is the run-in period, and after run-in, the engine should have use to it and back to normal point.

Hey bro,
where should be the "normal" point after run-in? slightly below mid-pt or much lower?
scorpey
scorpey

Back to top Go down

Post by Jason 30th June 2009, 4:09 pm

mine didnt had any problem with temp, all the way below mid point. When i stop my car and know its going to be more than 5 mins, i off engine.
Jason
Jason

Back to top Go down

Post by Fortec 30th June 2009, 4:10 pm

Head for a workshop or call the service center if you have doubts about the engine temp gauge.

An overheated engine is major trouble as well as real big pocket burner and it's not covered under warranty.

There's only one sure way to prevent an engine catastrophe is to stop your vehicle immediately, safely, off it and call for professional assistance or fixed it if you got the know how.
Fortec
Fortec

Back to top Go down

Post by Jason 30th June 2009, 4:30 pm

ya, i second that, overheating is very damaging, u might even have a crack engine block which not sure if C&C warranty for it .... dogeyes
Jason
Jason

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down