Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» assay
New Forte owner and new to the this forum ? Come in here and - Page 4 Empty4th August 2011, 10:13 pm by Guest

» APP Leading Website Generator
New Forte owner and new to the this forum ? Come in here and - Page 4 Empty4th August 2011, 11:47 am by Guest

» check-up
New Forte owner and new to the this forum ? Come in here and - Page 4 Empty4th August 2011, 10:03 am by Guest

» Blu-ray to iPad Ripper lift Blu glimmer DVD movies quest of iPad
New Forte owner and new to the this forum ? Come in here and - Page 4 Empty4th August 2011, 8:24 am by Guest

» ubiquitous
New Forte owner and new to the this forum ? Come in here and - Page 4 Empty4th August 2011, 6:07 am by Guest

» South african indian dating. Nz internet dating.
New Forte owner and new to the this forum ? Come in here and - Page 4 Empty3rd August 2011, 8:57 pm by Guest

» WHAT CREEPY IDEA ON YOUTUBE HASN'T ALREADY BEEN DONE YET?
New Forte owner and new to the this forum ? Come in here and - Page 4 Empty3rd August 2011, 7:30 pm by Guest

» buy facebook fan f8
New Forte owner and new to the this forum ? Come in here and - Page 4 Empty3rd August 2011, 3:15 pm by Guest

» division
New Forte owner and new to the this forum ? Come in here and - Page 4 Empty3rd August 2011, 11:43 am by Guest

RSS feeds

MSN 

New Forte owner and new to the this forum ? Come in here and

+49
Potatoes
Ebony
VoodooEx
treysha
cfcompass
Teryau
Ah_Bock
viper1972
Jasoncsh
ketchup
hsjose
bigconvoy
vehemoth
devilord19
samuelj
lordhawk
jeff2510
saltpeppersugar
aswalkersg
Filthz
Gammatech
longbow
Mrhandphone
lukester
DarkPrince
huadao010
scorpey
Belle82
alpineccm
JuanST
cloud
cpt_zr
S.C
Zonda S 4.1
xenocide
ano57
KingJerry
PetroAVance
qbear
melburn
impact2001
octane99
Juz@kid
KenOrCannot
Siaoster
kenkoh8
kapitan
Dark Knight
BnC
53 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

New Forte owner and new to the this forum ? Come in here and - Page 4 Empty Re: New Forte owner and new to the this forum ? Come in here and

Post by samuelj 19th January 2010, 9:26 am

Mine took about 5 days after registration.

samuelj

Back to top Go down

New Forte owner and new to the this forum ? Come in here and - Page 4 Empty Re: New Forte owner and new to the this forum ? Come in here and

Post by Jasoncsh 19th January 2010, 12:28 pm

SE just called me to collect car today.

Was surprise so fast since lta reg was only yesterday.

Hopefully everything is ok. 8)

Jasoncsh

Back to top Go down

Post by Jasoncsh 19th January 2010, 5:44 pm

wow jus collected my ride n everything is ok as per car collection checklist.

The pps by c&c oso nicely done with system6 sticker to certified.

Luckily I haven't encountered any fault as mentioned.

As compared with my 2006 vios, forte is really 1 step up. More spacious, comfy n quiet ride. Love it 8)

Jasoncsh

Back to top Go down

Post by alpineccm 19th January 2010, 6:32 pm

Jasoncsh wrote:wow jus collected my ride n everything is ok as per car collection checklist.

The pps by c&c oso nicely done with system6 sticker to certified.

Luckily I haven't encountered any fault as mentioned.

As compared with my 2006 vios, forte is really 1 step up. More spacious, comfy n quiet ride. Love it 8)

Enjoy your new ride New Forte owner and new to the this forum ? Come in here and - Page 4 332362
alpineccm
alpineccm

Back to top Go down

Post by treysha 19th January 2010, 7:11 pm

wah so nice. so jealousss...
still waiting for mine... everyday looking at the pics at this forum... haiz..

treysha

Back to top Go down

Post by VoodooEx 20th January 2010, 12:53 am

Gratz to those guys who have just collected their car this week. I am still waiting for mine to be registered.

Was told that I could collect this week. Don't know will kenna fly aeroplane or not.

My route:
Booked: 26 Dec 09
Loan approved: 28 Dec 09
Got my CoE on: 6 Jan 10

Now still waiting....sian...

VoodooEx

Back to top Go down

Post by treysha 20th January 2010, 12:26 pm

havent register SE tell you this week can collect liao?
how can? must register first for LTA to allocate the car to you then collect mah. oso must pay insurance and all those...

better confirm with your SE..

treysha

Back to top Go down

Post by Jasoncsh 20th January 2010, 12:43 pm

hi voodoo,

I booked my car on 1/1/2010 n I got my car yesterday.

U have to pay bal payment them se will reg ur car.

From there u push ur se for car collection.

Jasoncsh

Back to top Go down

Post by VoodooEx 20th January 2010, 11:00 pm

Already paid my insurance and first month installment last week liao. Haiz...

VoodooEx

Back to top Go down

Post by Ebony 21st January 2010, 9:42 am

Hi all new owners and owners of Forte New Forte owner and new to the this forum ? Come in here and - Page 4 Icon_biggrin Got my SX A 1.6, Black last week on the 12/01/2010. The transaction and processing was very fast I must say. Book on December 24th 09. SE in Ubi very fast, so fast so that during collecting car also very fast, did not really go through with me in detail(basic detail), I dont expect him to go through every minor little detail but at least the major once like , for manual key ignition, where is the key ignition in the car(till now, am trying to figure out New Forte owner and new to the this forum ? Come in here and - Page 4 Icon_question ) anyway except for all this, he just do his part so to speak, kind of step 1, step 2 etc.......
Used to drive a Toyota Vios 07, for Forte review comparing with my previous ride base on week plus driving it:
1. Interior- Cerato forte has the ups, nice leather feel, space bigger, feels continental ride, dashboards, buttons etc looks more classy.
2. Exterior- Definately Cerato Forte- Sleek lines, sporty & cool looks. Lights fitting etc all ups.
3. Boot space- Cerato Forte, can be folded down for added space, even without is like at least 1/2 spacious than Vios.
4. Engine- What attracted me to Forte is the ride when I first test drive it, immediately can feel the difference with Vios. More powerful, ride feels like "hugging" the road, feels like a continental car ride. Could hardly hear the engine sound, only the tire sound. Pick up is just as good as Vios if not better. Steering, tough a little on the heavy side but still is good enough for stable control. Was really surprise when I first hit the accelerator for the test drive. It completely erase my impression of Korean made cars. Though is still too early to tell, give it a few years on the road and that really can confirm.
5. Price- I bought my Vios at $52 k, COE $18 Kia Forte at $58K COE 18K, comparing apple to apple- Forte all ups- except for brand name.

Overall- Fantastic car, is really "power to surprise", all my comments above are base on my ride so far and at point of time. Give it a few years can know and confirm better. But base on the price, and at the "gadget" and extras that they put in, is worth a serious consideration.
Every day, when I think of driving the car it really makes me look forward to enjoy the comfort and overall ride in it.
Hope I dont sound like an SE New Forte owner and new to the this forum ? Come in here and - Page 4 Icon_lol for Kia But is just my honest opinion and assessment. I hope all of you whom is waiting for your new ride has the same pleasant experience like I do..... New Forte owner and new to the this forum ? Come in here and - Page 4 Icon_biggrin

Ebony

Back to top Go down

Post by Potatoes 21st January 2010, 11:31 am

I agree with Ebony. Thumbs up for Kia Forte New Forte owner and new to the this forum ? Come in here and - Page 4 332362 I guess the processing time to get a Forte has improved. I waited for something like 8 weeks the last time.

After driving Forte for about 7 months, I am indeed very satisfied with my ride particularly the FC. On average, I now pay about $260 per month for petrol as compared to $500/mth for my previous Hyundai Matrix.
Potatoes
Potatoes

Back to top Go down

Post by cfcompass 21st January 2010, 12:49 pm

Hi all... Collected mycar on Tuesday after my first post on this forum! My Hubby super happy!!!

cfcompass

Back to top Go down

Post by VoodooEx 21st January 2010, 1:32 pm

Woot! Car just got registered today. Can buy 4D liao.

VoodooEx

Back to top Go down

Post by treysha 21st January 2010, 11:14 pm

Potatoes wrote:I agree with Ebony. Thumbs up for Kia Forte New Forte owner and new to the this forum ? Come in here and - Page 4 332362 I guess the processing time to get a Forte has improved. I waited for something like 8 weeks the last time.

After driving Forte for about 7 months, I am indeed very satisfied with my ride particularly the FC. On average, I now pay about $260 per month for petrol as compared to $500/mth for my previous Hyundai Matrix.

Is your car normal plate or OPC? And what is your daily usage like? Cos I think $260 per mth is really good FC for average usage. about hyundai matrix's FC... bo wei gong.

treysha

Back to top Go down

Post by Jasoncsh 21st January 2010, 11:52 pm

My previos ride was vios too like ebony.

As compare, forte is really much better exp.

I feel stylo driving forte but not vios hehheh.

Jasoncsh

Back to top Go down

Post by Ebony 22nd January 2010, 8:50 am

New Forte owner and new to the this forum ? Come in here and - Page 4 332362 Yea, thats right, comparing with Vios is a world of diff, of cause you cant compare with Lexus, Audi, BMW etc... for that kind of price is really value for money, and able to enjoy the "continental" feeling of driving a car, what else can you ask for, of cause if we nick pick everything, there is always something to comment, no car or for the matter of fact is perfect. You pay for that kind of price (though not small amount) , your expectation also must be like somewhere there lah.... look at overall, step in feel good, drive good, function good, look good, divide by the amount you pay for so to speak, Viola! thats the equation of your happiness or satisfaction with the car.......... I think there is no point we pay so much for the car than nick pick and become frustrated and angry about it, than waste money lah...enjoy it, savour it...discuss, share and enjoy the positive things about the car. Only when got really serious issue than we ask around. New Forte owner and new to the this forum ? Come in here and - Page 4 Icon_lol But all the above is only my personal view.
And also feeling is really stylo and comfortable, full control of the car. New Forte owner and new to the this forum ? Come in here and - Page 4 332362
But FC for me is doing about 10.5/lt, more petrol consumption than Vios- 12-13/lt.
Anyway, when one drives, that's whats is expected (meaning there is a price to pay), as long as is not overboard, compromising my pocket & as well as the environment, meaning the car is like gulping petrol, I can accept it. But of cause if got tips to improve the petrol consumption, why not....? New Forte owner and new to the this forum ? Come in here and - Page 4 Icon_smile

Ebony

Back to top Go down

Post by Potatoes 22nd January 2010, 10:03 am

treysha wrote:
Potatoes wrote:I agree with Ebony. Thumbs up for Kia Forte New Forte owner and new to the this forum ? Come in here and - Page 4 332362 I guess the processing time to get a Forte has improved. I waited for something like 8 weeks the last time.

Is your car normal plate or OPC? And what is your daily usage like? Cos I think $260 per mth is really good FC for average usage. about hyundai matrix's FC... bo wei gong.

Mine is normal plate..... Daily usage is about 30-40km on average.
For full tank, about every 9-10 days, then pump petrol. Too me, that is already very good.
Potatoes
Potatoes

Back to top Go down

Post by hsjose 22nd January 2010, 9:00 pm

VoodooEx wrote:Woot! Car just got registered today. Can buy 4D liao.

Bro, u are the one I met today at InfraTint right? It's been nice meeting you there. You enjoy yr new ride, ya? New Forte owner and new to the this forum ? Come in here and - Page 4 Icon_wink
hsjose
hsjose

Back to top Go down

New Forte owner and new to the this forum ? Come in here and - Page 4 Empty Forte

Post by damage 23rd January 2010, 4:41 pm

Hi all

New to forum. Have been reading it for some time and was deciding over a number of choices, Hyundai Avante, Mit Lanc, Nission Latio, Honda Fit, Subaru Impreza, Toyota Vios/Altis but decided to go for Forte.

Really value for money even though it has some fog light problems and windscreen cracks. Have driven Toyota, Rover, Renault, Mazda 323, Hyundai and ultimately all cars have certain nagging issues.

C&C SE was very professional and handled my case well too. From booking to collection took 3 weeks.

Thanks
D

damage

Back to top Go down

Post by lebet 10th February 2010, 11:35 pm

Hi everybody... finally i can post here and say i've gotten my forte!!

i booked a SX 1.6 Light graphite on 22 Jan. And i collected my ride today at 6pm at pandan gardens.

Goodness me! the SE managed to deliver before CNY. Kudos to my SE, Rick at Leng Kee. Very Happy

lebet

Back to top Go down

Post by JuanST 11th February 2010, 8:36 am

grtas bro.... enjoy ur ride.. New Forte owner and new to the this forum ? Come in here and - Page 4 332362
JuanST
JuanST

Back to top Go down

New Forte owner and new to the this forum ? Come in here and - Page 4 Empty Very NewComer: EX 1.6 (A) Metal Bronze

Post by daarrell 16th March 2010, 10:51 pm

Hi guys,

have been following the threads with great interest. Sign w C&C Ubi for a Metal Bronze EX 1.6 (A) Cerato Forte on 12 March 2010. Price already went up to 58,999. Paid $60,999 for guaranteed COE cuz of the article on Straits Times on the same day. =( am only collecting it may/june. now no stock for metal bronze. but pretty fine with that.

Had originally intended to get new car only end of this year or early next year, but COE cuts scared me into buying one now, so i have to dispose of my nissan sunny one year early.

Negotiated for free leather seats and reverse sensors, and comes with BK. no solar films though. Once I get it, i'm planning to change to 17inch black rims. already got a quotation. ($800 after trade in, BN advanti rims and goodyear tyres, expensive or cheap??)

Guess apart from the rear disc brakes lacking as compared to SX model and keyless entry etc, the rest would pretty much be the same? anyway, whats the difference with rear disc brakes and rear drum brakes? sorry man, i'm pretty much a newbie with cars...

Have been browsing the threads for some common problems like the cracked windscreen (@@#^^@????) and the fogged head lamps... what else do you guys suggest i "double check" for when I get the car???

In addition, how much would be a reasonable price for a basic solar film installation, which brand??

finally, what is a strut bar??? and how does a window visor "add value" to a car?? sorry man, just planning (budget wise) how to best do up the car in a month's plus time... =)

sry bout the many many questions. thanks y'all!

daarrell

Back to top Go down

Post by impact2001 16th March 2010, 11:01 pm

wah.. that's a lot of questions from you to be answered...
impact2001
impact2001

Back to top Go down

Post by impact2001 16th March 2010, 11:02 pm

from 3rd paragraph onwards, your essay macham become like questioning essay.. haha Smile
impact2001
impact2001

Back to top Go down

Post by daarrell 16th March 2010, 11:15 pm

sry! i think... i might be... kinda excited... hmmm.

daarrell

Back to top Go down

Post by minotaur 17th March 2010, 11:22 am

Hi all

Booked the titianium silver Forte 1.6SX(A) on 21 Feb, got my COE on 24 Feb and collected the car on 09 Mar. From book to collect took about 2 weeks plus, which I considered very fast. Kudo to C&c and my SE.

Had a great time driving for the past 1 week. The experience is totally different. Were previously driving a vios like a few of bro here, glad I sold the vios and gotten the forte.

Now thinking of what to mod New Forte owner and new to the this forum ? Come in here and - Page 4 Icon_twisted

minotaur

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4