Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» assay
OPC Query - Page 4 Empty4th August 2011, 10:13 pm by Guest

» APP Leading Website Generator
OPC Query - Page 4 Empty4th August 2011, 11:47 am by Guest

» check-up
OPC Query - Page 4 Empty4th August 2011, 10:03 am by Guest

» Blu-ray to iPad Ripper lift Blu glimmer DVD movies quest of iPad
OPC Query - Page 4 Empty4th August 2011, 8:24 am by Guest

» ubiquitous
OPC Query - Page 4 Empty4th August 2011, 6:07 am by Guest

» South african indian dating. Nz internet dating.
OPC Query - Page 4 Empty3rd August 2011, 8:57 pm by Guest

» WHAT CREEPY IDEA ON YOUTUBE HASN'T ALREADY BEEN DONE YET?
OPC Query - Page 4 Empty3rd August 2011, 7:30 pm by Guest

» buy facebook fan f8
OPC Query - Page 4 Empty3rd August 2011, 3:15 pm by Guest

» division
OPC Query - Page 4 Empty3rd August 2011, 11:43 am by Guest

RSS feeds

MSN 

OPC Query

+44
BeanBag
KnightRider
chiewjy
Friendlyfool
Yewcg
tarepanda_lyh
stepper78
Elixir99
redkoup
nocash
tower7
sc
leon76
shawnseah82
yeufui
KnGp
jeff2510
Hermie
lukester
liplip
JuanST
qbear
htp223
ahd0t
xianren
kapitan
crazyfox
aural
melburn
The Blue Cruiser
ace
S.C
rockstarforte
hobbes
danielg
joepele
astroboy28
Shaq
epig
kevinhwc
scorpey
stalejive
BlackSpider
xenocide
48 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

OPC Query - Page 4 Empty Re: OPC Query

Post by liplip 15th December 2009, 4:58 pm

On the contrary, I do have a friend who works in an insurance company and she mentioned that her company offers some discount for OPC. If you guys are keen, maybe I can check with her, cos mine can do early renewal in Jan already, was thinking of asking her for quote, maybe can quote together.

liplip

Back to top Go down

Post by joepele 15th December 2009, 6:28 pm

Are there any other T&Cs that comes with the discount?

e.g.
Higher excess?
etc?
joepele
joepele

Back to top Go down

Post by liplip 15th December 2009, 10:45 pm

I don't have any details currently... But I thought excess is a variable thing. My colleague's car can request different excess amounts which will affect the premium.

liplip

Back to top Go down

Post by Yewcg 22nd December 2009, 4:41 pm

Anyone know Christmas eve and New year eve can drive full day or normal as after 7pm?
Yewcg
Yewcg

Back to top Go down

Post by tarepanda_lyh 22nd December 2009, 5:06 pm

Yewcg wrote:Anyone know Christmas eve and New year eve can drive full day or normal as after 7pm?

X'mas and New Year eve can drive after 3pm
tarepanda_lyh
tarepanda_lyh

Back to top Go down

Post by scorpey 23rd December 2009, 10:11 am

tarepanda_lyh wrote:
Yewcg wrote:Anyone know Christmas eve and New year eve can drive full day or normal as after 7pm?

X'mas and New Year eve can drive after 3pm

Yah, 24th Dec (Thu) and 31st (next Thu) can drive after 3pm.. Two of the major holiday eves mah.. so for those forget abt this, quick can do planning now! grin
But Both saturdays i.e. 26th Dec and 2nd Jan still cannot drive untill after 3pm.. so do take note as it is holiday seasons.. one may feel n thot like its a sunday Razz

p/s: How come so many OPC drivers unsure about the existing rules/ regulations one ar.. a bit worrying leh..serious offence, so do take note on when u can drive ya! Very Happy
scorpey
scorpey

Back to top Go down

Post by jeff2510 23rd December 2009, 10:17 am

maybe they are confuse between the existing & the new scheme.......till now, still no new from LTA on opting in for hte new scheme....signing....

jeff2510

Back to top Go down

Post by Friendlyfool 23rd December 2009, 11:54 am

bros, how to source for cheap motor insurance? AIG very ex leh

Friendlyfool

Back to top Go down

Post by JuanST 23rd December 2009, 11:56 am

Friendlyfool wrote:bros, how to source for cheap motor insurance? AIG very ex leh

ask aural if he can get u better one....
JuanST
JuanST

Back to top Go down

Post by jeff2510 23rd December 2009, 11:57 am

i think bro liplip mentioned that he is checking with his friend. U might want to pm him.

jeff2510

Back to top Go down

Post by Friendlyfool 24th December 2009, 6:58 pm

dear OPC bros,

need to check with you something...

I recently got into a minor accident -see my post about @ Shell Station.... repaired at the culprit's workshop, doesnt involve removal of OPC license plate...do I still need to let LTA know?

Friendlyfool

Back to top Go down

Post by chiewjy 1st January 2010, 3:40 pm

I thought the new OPC scheme kicked in in Jan 2010. I was prepared to drive whole day on 2 Jan (Sat) until I visited the LTA website and realised that the new scheme only kicks in "end-January 2010". And yes, till now LTA has not announced how to opt-in to the new scheme.

So for the OPC bros out there, pls take note the new scheme is not in yet!
chiewjy
chiewjy

Back to top Go down

Post by KnightRider 8th January 2010, 11:25 am

KnightRider
KnightRider

Back to top Go down

Post by jeff2510 8th January 2010, 11:28 am

didn't mentioned how/where to opt in leh........

jeff2510

Back to top Go down

Post by KnightRider 8th January 2010, 11:33 am

think they CNA put faster than the LTA's reaction....haha...maybe nearer to the date....should be at onemotoring....
KnightRider
KnightRider

Back to top Go down

Post by scorpey 8th January 2010, 3:34 pm

Thanks for sharing.. at least we now know the effective date is 25 Jan..
if only LTA can works as efficient as CNA.. Razz
scorpey
scorpey

Back to top Go down

Post by liplip 9th January 2010, 12:16 am

Finally I remembered to ask about the company that sells with a 20% discount for OPCs, and it is RSAgroup Singapore. You can use their websites online quotation form and remember to tick the OPC as Yes.

Forgot to ask about the excess amount and main benefits...

liplip

Back to top Go down

Post by fonefun610 9th January 2010, 5:41 pm

125,459 sold from 9 Nov - 31 Dec = ~$2,500,00 received by LTA! Wow... Divide by 47,000 OPC drivers on the road today, each driver, on average, "tore" ~1.3 coupons per month since the e-day license is introduced. Really easy money for LTA...

fonefun610

Back to top Go down

Post by vehemoth 9th January 2010, 7:09 pm

I'm collecting my OPC next Monday. So bad timing cos that means I'll be under the existing OPC scheme and will need to pay $100 for conversion and top up road tax!

vehemoth

Back to top Go down

Post by BlackSpider 9th January 2010, 8:26 pm

is there any deadline for application for the conversion of revised OPC scheme? let's say if i don't wanna apply it now, can i apply it like next few months?

BlackSpider

Back to top Go down

Post by KnightRider 9th January 2010, 8:28 pm

can, no problem.....
KnightRider
KnightRider

Back to top Go down

Post by KnGp 10th January 2010, 4:48 am

so what's the new road tax AFTER conversion to new scheme?
is it $70 or $238 as mentioned by some previously? getting confused here. haha..

is there any other fee payable upon converting besides the $100 admin fee and road tax top-up?
KnGp
KnGp

Back to top Go down

Post by tarepanda_lyh 11th January 2010, 8:52 am

KnGp wrote:so what's the new road tax AFTER conversion to new scheme?
is it $70 or $238 as mentioned by some previously? getting confused here. haha..

is there any other fee payable upon converting besides the $100 admin fee and road tax top-up?

for Forte 1.6 (or 1591cc), it will be $238
for cars with smaller cc than 1591, it will be between $70 - $237
for cars with bigger cc than 1591, it will be more than $238

Hope the above clarify
tarepanda_lyh
tarepanda_lyh

Back to top Go down

Post by scorpey 11th January 2010, 9:01 am

tarepanda_lyh wrote:

Hope the above clarify

how abt forte 2L (A) SX ?
scorpey
scorpey

Back to top Go down

Post by crazyfox 11th January 2010, 9:03 am

The new scheme until now also no news on how to opt in.

If road tax revised, then would it mean a top up or pay $238 for in year. If like that also need to top up insurance before you can buy road tax and extend.

So last minutes annoucement would also meands mad rush for everyone!!!
crazyfox
crazyfox

Back to top Go down

Post by jeRrRKKKK 11th January 2010, 9:40 am

tarepanda_lyh wrote:

Hope the above clarify

am i the only one who thinks that road tax of $238 is really expensive for an OPC?
i won't be converting... lucky i got my car before the new scheme kicks in
i'll rather keep that $180 to buy $20 coupons for the 5 holiday eves and another 4 coupons to drive on saturdays after 3pm
i seldom go out on sat before 3pm anyway

jeRrRKKKK

Back to top Go down

Post by tarepanda_lyh 11th January 2010, 9:52 am

scorpey wrote:
tarepanda_lyh wrote:

Hope the above clarify

how abt forte 2L (A) SX ?

2L is 1998cc, so normal car road tax is $1210
For new OPC scheme, it shld be $1210-$500 = $710
tarepanda_lyh
tarepanda_lyh

Back to top Go down

Post by sc 12th January 2010, 10:17 pm

hi all

the details are out at one motoring website for the conversion. Payment can only be made from JAN 25 at axs machine

sc

Back to top Go down

Post by Elixir99 13th January 2010, 12:13 am

Thanks dud!!!

sc wrote:hi all

the details are out at one motoring website for the conversion. Payment can only be made from JAN 25 at axs machine
Elixir99
Elixir99

Back to top Go down

Post by Elixir99 13th January 2010, 12:18 am

The details...

More Perks For Off-Peak Car (OPC) Owners With Launch Of Revised OPC Scheme On 25 January 2010

1. From Monday, 25 January 2010, motorists will enjoy more perks with the launch of the revised Off-Peak Car (OPC) scheme. These perks comprise the following:

(a) Unrestricted usage of OPCs on Saturdays and on the eves of 5 public holidays; and

(b) Cash rebates for conversion of normal cars to the revised OPC scheme of up to $1,100 for every six months' registration as an OPC.

2. As announced by the Land Transport Authority (LTA) in August 2009, these initiatives aim to make the OPC scheme more attractive so as to encourage more car owners to opt into the scheme. This serves to support LTA's overall objective to better manage congestion during peak periods.

More driving hours with revised OPC scheme

3. Under the revised OPC scheme, all newly registered OPCs and normal cars converted to the revised scheme, on or after 25 January 2010, will enjoy unrestricted usage on Saturdays and the eves of 5 public holidays. These public holidays are namely, New Year, Lunar New Year, Hari Raya Puasa, Deepavali and Christmas.

4. The removal of usage restrictions on Saturday and 5 public holiday eves will have to be accompanied by corresponding adjustments to the tax concessions. The annual road tax discount will be correspondingly reduced from $800 to $500 under the revised OPC scheme. The minimum annual road tax will be $70, instead of $50 under the existing OPC scheme. This means that existing OPC owners who opt for the revised OPC scheme will have their annual road tax discounts reduced by between $20 and $300. This is because the tax concessions given to OPC owners were computed taking into consideration the restricted usage periods.

5. Vehicle owners who register a new car as an OPC under the revised OPC scheme will continue to enjoy an up-front tax rebate of up to $17,000.

6. Existing OPC owners can apply to convert to the revised OPC scheme on or after 25 Jan 2010 to enjoy the extended usage hours in exchange for reduced tax discounts with payment of a one-time administrative fee of $100 and applicable road tax top-up. Please refer to Annex A on details of application for conversion to the revised OPC scheme. Those who remain under the existing OPC scheme are required to purchase an electronic day licence (e-Day Licence) if they wish to drive their OPC between 7am and 3pm on Saturdays and eve of the 5 public holidays.

Cash rebates for conversion to revised OPC scheme

7. From 25 January 2010, owners of normal cars and converted OPCs under the existing OPC scheme who opt into the revised OPC scheme will enjoy a cash rebate of up to $1,100 for every 6 months the car is registered as an OPC, until the car reaches 10 years old. The car must be kept as an OPC for at least 6 months after its conversion, except in cases of deregistration or when the OPC reaches the age of 10 years, to enjoy the cash rebate. Under the existing OPC scheme, this rebate of $2,200 per year is paid as a lump-sum only at the point when the car is deregistered and is still PARF-eligible.

8. Motorists can calculate the 6-monthly cash rebates using the formula as follows:

{QP (Bid Cat) + [(Additional Registration Fee rate x Open Market Value) - Actual Green Rebate]} †

---------------------------------------------------------------------- x $1,100

$17,000

where:

QP (Bid Cat) is the actual Quota Premium paid at registration

Actual Green Rebate is the actual green rebate utilised at registration (if applicable)

† Amount capped at $17,000

Note: The above formula applies only for a full 6-month cash rebate period. Adjustments will be made for any pro-rated cash rebate period.

9. Information on the cash rebate for conversion of a normal car to an OPC is available via www.onemotoring.com.sg from 25 January 2010, under LTA e-Services > Online Enquiries > OPC/WEC Conversion fees.

Update of the e-Day Licence system
10. The e-Day Licence system to provide OPC users with more convenience when buying an e-day licence has been progressing smoothly. Some 125,000 e-Day Licences were bought successfully through the various sales channels. About 87% of these e-Day Licences were bought through the self-service online channels.

Sale of e-Day Licences through the Various Channels
Channels
9 Nov – 31 Dec 2009
Percentage
AXS stations

56%

Internet

25%

MobileP@y

6%

SingPost & AAS counters

13%

Total

100%

11. In 2004, there were only about 5,000 OPCs. Today, there are about 47,000 OPCs, a nine-fold increase over a 5-year period. OPCs currently make up about 8 percent of the car population in Singapore.
Elixir99
Elixir99

Back to top Go down

Post by Elixir99 13th January 2010, 12:21 am

Currently for OPC Forte we are paying $50 per annum as road tax rite? with the conversion, r we paying $70 as annual road tax + the ridiculous one time $100 bucks "Administration" fee? scratch
Elixir99
Elixir99

Back to top Go down

Post by sc 13th January 2010, 12:24 am

it will depend whether if u wanna opt in, if u are opting in u need to pay $100 + $238 annual(Rebated 1.6 litre road tax if i am not wrong). if u are not opting in everything remains the same except its $70 (road tax) now

sc

Back to top Go down

Post by BlackSpider 13th January 2010, 12:45 am

HUH? wahh i thought if dunwan to opt in still $50. and id want opt in is $100 administration fee plus only 20 dollars(70-50.. top up mahhh?) and total is 120. but when need renew road tax then pay 70. not true ah?? haiyaaa

BlackSpider

Back to top Go down

Post by Elixir99 13th January 2010, 12:46 am

Looks good, excluding the $100 one time fee.

$238 - $70 = $168, which is equivalent to 8.4 e-Day Licences. + the 5 more days of holiday eve equivalent to $100 or 5 e-Day Licences.

The above total damage of $268 or 13.4 e-Day Licences in exchange for 52 days of sat + 5 more days of holiday eve which is = to $1,140 or 57 e-Day Licences Laughing
Elixir99
Elixir99

Back to top Go down

Post by scorpey 13th January 2010, 9:29 am

Tarepanda_lyh>> Thanks!

Elixir99>> Agree wif u its a good deal even i have to pay more cos 2L.. waiting till 3pm to drive off on sat is just irritating.. i believe most of us not working on sat.. hence, from morning till 3pm is a long time to wait.. best is i dun have to rush home before 7am after my fridays' late nite mahjong sessions.. lol!
scorpey
scorpey

Back to top Go down

Post by jusurs 13th January 2010, 9:34 am

1.6 normal road tax 744 (12 months)
New OPC scheme cost
admin charge - $100.00
new road tax - $744.00 (road tax) - $500.00 (discount down from 800.00) = 244.00
Total - $344.00

jusurs

Back to top Go down

Post by fonefun610 13th January 2010, 10:34 am

For Forte 1.6,

Normal plate, road tax = $738

OPC old scheme, road tax = $738 - $800 = $50 (subjected to min $50)

OPC old scheme not converting to new scheme, road tax = $738 - $800 = $50 (subjected to min $50). In other words, no change.

OPC old scheme converting to new scheme, road tax = $738 - $500 = $238 (subjected to min $70, not applicable)

OPC new scheme, road tax = $738 - $500 = $238 (subjected to min $70, not applicable)

fonefun610

Back to top Go down

Post by fonefun610 13th January 2010, 10:44 am

Elixir99 wrote:Looks good, excluding the $100 one time fee.

$238 - $70 = $168, which is equivalent to 8.4 e-Day Licences. + the 5 more days of holiday eve equivalent to $100 or 5 e-Day Licences.

The above total damage of $268 or 13.4 e-Day Licences in exchange for 52 days of sat + 5 more days of holiday eve which is = to $1,140 or 57 e-Day Licences Laughing

For the sake of argument, let's assume that the OPC is exactly 1 year old at the date of opting in.

Note that the $100 admin fee should be spread out over the remaining 9 years of the car instead of the immediate next year alone.

Hence, per year, the additional road tax paid is $238 - $50 = $188. Total additional road tax paid over 9 years = $188 * 9 = $1692. Include the one-time admin fee = $1792.

Convert this to e-day license = $1792 / 20 = 89.6 e-days for 9 years or 9.96 e-days per year.

In other words, assuming the same amount of money spent, the comparison is between

buying 9.96 e-day licenses per year on the days that you really need to drive your car out (it can be any day of the week)

versus

pre-buying 52 Saturdays + 5 eves of PH per year which you may or may not drive out on those days and you may still need to purchase additional e-day licenses if you wish to drive out on other Mondays to Fridays.

It's not an easy choice...

fonefun610

Back to top Go down

Post by Elixir99 15th January 2010, 1:41 am

fonefun610 wrote:
Elixir99 wrote:Looks good, excluding the $100 one time fee.

For the sake of argument, let's assume that the OPC is exactly 1 year old at the date of opting in.

Note that the $100 admin fee should be spread out over the remaining 9 years of the car instead of the immediate next year alone.

Hence, per year, the additional road tax paid is $238 - $50 = $188. Total additional road tax paid over 9 years = $188 * 9 = $1692. Include the one-time admin fee = $1792.

Convert this to e-day license = $1792 / 20 = 89.6 e-days for 9 years or 9.96 e-days per year.

In other words, assuming the same amount of money spent, the comparison is between

buying 9.96 e-day licenses per year on the days that you really need to drive your car out (it can be any day of the week)

versus

pre-buying 52 Saturdays + 5 eves of PH per year which you may or may not drive out on those days and you may still need to purchase additional e-day licenses if you wish to drive out on other Mondays to Fridays.

It's not an easy choice...

Agreed dude!!! thumbsup Think end of the day depends on personal needs / usage bah..
Elixir99
Elixir99

Back to top Go down

Post by liplip 16th January 2010, 9:29 pm

I think the easier way to decide is to look narrowly, base it on whether you rise early on Saturdays and how much that increment in tax matters to you.

liplip

Back to top Go down

Post by shawnseah82 23rd January 2010, 2:35 pm

Next week going to start the new OPC plan oh can drive on sat before 3pm OPC Query - Page 4 Icon_biggrin
shawnseah82
shawnseah82

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4