Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» assay
some query about the door lock Empty4th August 2011, 10:13 pm by Guest

» APP Leading Website Generator
some query about the door lock Empty4th August 2011, 11:47 am by Guest

» check-up
some query about the door lock Empty4th August 2011, 10:03 am by Guest

» Blu-ray to iPad Ripper lift Blu glimmer DVD movies quest of iPad
some query about the door lock Empty4th August 2011, 8:24 am by Guest

» ubiquitous
some query about the door lock Empty4th August 2011, 6:07 am by Guest

» South african indian dating. Nz internet dating.
some query about the door lock Empty3rd August 2011, 8:57 pm by Guest

» WHAT CREEPY IDEA ON YOUTUBE HASN'T ALREADY BEEN DONE YET?
some query about the door lock Empty3rd August 2011, 7:30 pm by Guest

» buy facebook fan f8
some query about the door lock Empty3rd August 2011, 3:15 pm by Guest

» division
some query about the door lock Empty3rd August 2011, 11:43 am by Guest

RSS feeds

MSN 

some query about the door lock

+7
damage
lebet
winn
uncleleong
NiVleK
liplip
leon76
11 posters

Go down

some query about the door lock Empty some query about the door lock

Post by leon76 13th March 2010, 3:40 pm

Guys, recently just noticed that the front door still can be opened using inner handle even through the car is moving and lock bottom already "Locked", rear door can't open, is it normal? My wife accidently opened the front passenger door when car on express way and we got shocked, supposely it should lock right otherwise it's a big safety hazard

leon76

Back to top Go down

some query about the door lock Empty Re: some query about the door lock

Post by liplip 13th March 2010, 4:33 pm

At low speeds the front door can be opened even if locked, this one I also found out when accidentally opened. Highway speeds, thought it is autolock above 40km/h?? Still can open?

liplip

Back to top Go down

Post by leon76 13th March 2010, 4:46 pm

ya tried again aft accidently open, quite scary i should say

leon76

Back to top Go down

Post by NiVleK 13th March 2010, 6:20 pm

That is the silly design that I was talking about. Very Happy

Apparently, there are ppl here that think it is good!
NiVleK
NiVleK

Back to top Go down

Post by uncleleong 13th March 2010, 6:33 pm

Yes, front door locks can be override by the door handle. But not the back doors. Fortunately, kids always sit at the back

uncleleong

Back to top Go down

Post by winn 13th March 2010, 6:56 pm

NiVleK wrote:That is the silly design that I was talking about. Very Happy

good ma. if i kenna kidnapped in the front seat, i can open door and roll out Razz
winn
winn

Back to top Go down

Post by leon76 13th March 2010, 9:07 pm

winn wrote:

good ma. if i kenna kidnapped in the front seat, i can open door and roll out Razz

Rear door also can open la just tat u need to push the door lock bottom first, unless u use the child lock feather then u can only open from outside...... looks that it is not a malfunctioning, then it defeat the purpose of "lock" the door, what if someone not familiar with the car and accidently pull the handle some query about the door lock Affraid ? On the other hand the funny thing is outside is locked, but who is going to open ur door when ur car is 90km/h?? I don't know about other brand of cars, maybe someone can enlighten, if it is only kia design then i think it deserves a recall

leon76

Back to top Go down

Post by liplip 13th March 2010, 10:53 pm

Maybe the feature is designed for the US, the US cars even have escape instructions for people in the boot! Maybe their family violence typically ends with jump-out-roll-to-escape-spouse.

I cannot think of another reason why we need it here.

liplip

Back to top Go down

Post by winn 13th March 2010, 11:57 pm

leon76 wrote:
winn wrote:

Rear door also can open la just tat u need to push the door lock bottom first, unless u use the child lock feather then u can only open from outside...... looks that it is not a malfunctioning, then it defeat the purpose of "lock" the door, what if someone not familiar with the car and accidently pull the handle some query about the door lock Affraid ? On the other hand the funny thing is outside is locked, but who is going to open ur door when ur car is 90km/h?? I don't know about other brand of cars, maybe someone can enlighten, if it is only kia design then i think it deserves a recall

How about we all come together and ask them to mass recall the door locks?.. hahah its stupid. period.

i know bm, lexus, mercs and landrover don't. these are cars i familiar with. but really i can't think of any reason why there should be this "feature". My earlier Kia Rio didnt have this feature.
winn
winn

Back to top Go down

Post by lebet 14th March 2010, 12:10 am

safety feature. can you imagine if you are locked inside your car if you have accident or central lock release spoil...

all the doors are locked... then what? smash the windows to get out?

i drove before renault and audi. and they had this safety feature.

it's not a defect. alot of European vehicles have them. even my previous renault kangoo had it.

apparently to the Americans and french, children are to be at the back always.... Very Happy

lebet

Back to top Go down

Post by winn 14th March 2010, 12:15 am

lebet wrote:safety feature. can you imagine if you are locked inside your car if you have accident or central lock release spoil...

it's not a defect. alot of European vehicles have them. even my previous renault kangoo had it.

apparently to the Americans and french, children are to be at the back always.... Very Happy

erm are you referring to double pull unlock? that one is safety feature.

but this is single pull-open leh? ... heh

anyway... would be fun to see where this develops to
winn
winn

Back to top Go down

Post by lebet 14th March 2010, 12:23 am

even single-pull also won't lead to defect status. simply because adults will not pull the door handle when the car is in motion other than in an emergency.

if say accidentally pull the handle, then like that if i got into accident, i just say i accidentally turn the steering wheel too much to the right.. it's the electric steering wheel fault for making the steering too light. So the EPS need to recall.. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

lebet

Back to top Go down

Post by winn 14th March 2010, 12:25 am

lebet wrote:even single-pull also won't lead to defect status. simply because adults will not pull the door handle when the car is in motion other than in an emergency.

if say accidentally pull the handle, then like that if i got into accident, i just say i accidentally turn the steering wheel too much to the right.. it's the electric steering wheel fault for making the steering too light. So the EPS need to recall.. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

hmm that makes sense...

i still think its stupid logic for the door. handle set up. haha.. but above logic makes sense.
winn
winn

Back to top Go down

Post by lebet 14th March 2010, 12:28 am

sometimes i also don't understand the logic. but i guess if ever the day comes when i need to get out of my car because of an imminent fuel tank explosion, i would thank god if i only need to pull the handle once. the extra pull can mean 1 second too late Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

lebet

Back to top Go down

Post by winn 14th March 2010, 12:32 am

lebet wrote:sometimes i also don't understand the logic. but i guess if ever the day comes when i need to get out of my car because of an imminent fuel tank explosion, i would thank god if i only need to pull the handle once. the extra pull can mean 1 second too late Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

but but.. what if my handle breaks?.. Razz

seriously like when i was a kid, my family had a renault (i think) and the door handle broke. so for a period of time, we had to bring down the window to reach outside to open the door.

haha
winn
winn

Back to top Go down

Post by NiVleK 14th March 2010, 7:48 am

winn wrote:
lebet wrote:sometimes i also don't understand the logic. but i guess if ever the day comes when i need to get out of my car because of an imminent fuel tank explosion, i would thank god if i only need to pull the handle once. the extra pull can mean 1 second too late Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

but but.. what if my handle breaks?.. Razz

seriously like when i was a kid, my family had a renault (i think) and the door handle broke. so for a period of time, we had to bring down the window to reach outside to open the door.

haha

HAHAHA. THat is interesting.
NiVleK
NiVleK

Back to top Go down

Post by NiVleK 14th March 2010, 7:48 am

lebet wrote:even single-pull also won't lead to defect status. simply because adults will not pull the door handle when the car is in motion other than in an emergency.

Yeah. But the issue is not with adults but kids.
NiVleK
NiVleK

Back to top Go down

Post by lebet 14th March 2010, 10:30 am

NiVleK wrote:

like that, they should build a car with a iron bar or glass wall to put the kids in only. lolz. children sitting in anywhere in the car, especially if got 2 or more of them = playground. especially MPV with third row seats. like playground like that.

lebet

Back to top Go down

Post by NiVleK 14th March 2010, 11:21 am

lebet wrote:
NiVleK wrote:

like that, they should build a car with a iron bar or glass wall to put the kids in only. lolz. children sitting in anywhere in the car, especially if got 2 or more of them = playground. especially MPV with third row seats. like playground like that.

Still, personally I prefer that when the car is locked. It is locked. Both inside and outside. Just to prevent accidental release.

Your analogy..might as well the whole car is a big air bag. No problem with crashing. Super safe. lolz
NiVleK
NiVleK

Back to top Go down

Post by lebet 14th March 2010, 11:35 am

hahahaha. that's why nowadays higher prices got 6-8 airbags. lolz. anyway bang also will have cushion.

lebet

Back to top Go down

Post by liplip 14th March 2010, 12:19 pm

lebet wrote:safety feature. can you imagine if you are locked inside your car if you have accident or central lock release spoil...

In Singapore the father is driving and the mother is in the back seat due to super glue with the child. The eldest child is then forced to sit in front and they help you realize the 1-pull self-disabling door lock.

Hands up if that is the same fact that applies to you.

liplip

Back to top Go down

Post by leon76 14th March 2010, 12:56 pm

Safety feature? I doubt so, just that you can open a door half a second faster in case of a accident? But if ur door is deformed by crash force, no matter how you will be jam inside and only way out is break the glass, but pls don't forget the danger of someone (such as naughty kids, someone who is drunk and lean on the door some query about the door lock Fresse ) accidently open the door and fall out? which one is safer? Anyway I am going to question Kia on this and see how they answer me

leon76

Back to top Go down

Post by NiVleK 14th March 2010, 4:51 pm

liplip wrote:

In Singapore the father is driving and the mother is in the back seat due to super glue with the child. The eldest child is then forced to sit in front and they help you realize the 1-pull self-disabling door lock.

Hands up if that is the same fact that applies to you.

some query about the door lock 332362 some query about the door lock Icon_cheers
NiVleK
NiVleK

Back to top Go down

Post by NiVleK 14th March 2010, 4:52 pm

leon76 wrote:

Safety feature? I doubt so, just that you can open a door half a second faster in case of a accident? But if ur door is deformed by crash force, no matter how you will be jam inside and only way out is break the glass, but pls don't forget the danger of someone (such as naughty kids, someone who is drunk and lean on the door some query about the door lock Fresse ) accidently open the door and fall out? which one is safer? Anyway I am going to question Kia on this and see how they answer me

Go Go!

Though I doubt they will give much of an answer.
NiVleK
NiVleK

Back to top Go down

Post by NiVleK 14th March 2010, 4:53 pm

lebet wrote:hahahaha. that's why nowadays higher prices got 6-8 airbags. lolz. anyway bang also will have cushion.

yeah...but many budget jap cars have the locking feature...and they do not have 6-8 airbags.
NiVleK
NiVleK

Back to top Go down

Post by winn 14th March 2010, 9:19 pm

leon76 wrote:

Triple Go go! haha
winn
winn

Back to top Go down

Post by damage 14th March 2010, 11:18 pm

Hi

Had a Renault before too and it is true that the doors will open when stationary but when in motion, it could not be opened. So the safety feature was for entrapped accident victims to open the door for help to reach them - if possible.

However, if our doors open at higher speeds then may want to look at this link

http://www.usrecallnews.com/2010/03/nhtsa-8721.html

damage

Back to top Go down

Post by winn 15th March 2010, 12:28 am

damage wrote:Hi

Had a Renault before too and it is true that the doors will open when stationary but when in motion, it could not be opened. So the safety feature was for entrapped accident victims to open the door for help to reach them - if possible.

woo hoo... thanks "damage" heh
winn
winn

Back to top Go down

Post by NiVleK 15th March 2010, 7:27 am

Different la. For Kia, this is a safety feature. Very Happy
NiVleK
NiVleK

Back to top Go down

Post by nothing 15th March 2010, 9:50 am

don't worry, if unknowingly open the front door while driving, u still safe bcos u wear seat belt however if u have habit not to, not too late to start cultivating this good habit....it's the way KIA want us all to put on seat belts.
nothing
nothing

Back to top Go down

Post by leon76 15th March 2010, 10:55 am

nothing wrote:don't worry, if unknowingly open the front door while driving, u still safe bcos u wear seat belt however if u have habit not to, not too late to start cultivating this good habit....it's the way KIA want us all to put on seat belts.

It's very funny to see ppl with such kind of attitude in facing problems, ya safety belt will save you from falling out, additional bonus ah for it. When ur engine spoil then can go and study car mechanics and repair yourself, additional bonus also from Kia for enfocing you to get an engr degree some query about the door lock 332362 haha

Consumers should be united and voice out, one feedback, two feedback they may not take it seriously, but a hundred feedback they have to recall, that's for your own good and also good for car manufactures to improve. Look at US ppl, not only recall but law case, that's the way

leon76

Back to top Go down

Post by FriesL 15th March 2010, 11:33 am

for the door handle i think its a good design (bmw comes with this too, BUT! they more advance and better by having to pull 2 times.. haaa) with this i dun have to consistently lock / unlock all car just to get out i.e fueling, etc etc..
and from outside its still all lock.. so much "safer"
But do worry when fetching kids in front..
but latest forte all kicks in lock like ~18km.. not 40 anymore.. and very active, a little pull youll hear the lock reengage (very fast like, tok tok tokkkk..) should front passenger try to pull the level.. when moving.. think so they wont open that easily though..

FriesL

Back to top Go down

Post by patsy 15th March 2010, 11:44 am

Children below the age of 10 should never be sitting in the front seat anyway!
patsy
patsy

Back to top Go down

Post by lebet 16th March 2010, 12:45 am

this one is different la. The recall is about doors not locking, or not staying locked without human intervention. Totally different issue altogether.

The safety feature is to open the car door from the inside, when the doors are already locked. This is a safety feature.. and if i have an issue with it, maybe i hope that it is 2-times pull then the door release. I remembered now that some BMW requires double-pull. And i do hope that kia give me a recall on their cheap plastic light-weight door handles... Smile

If there is an accidental pull from passengers, then it is more of a human error. It has nothing to do with equipment error.
To completely pull the door hatch because accidentally pulled by a human is also really really really very rare. Don't say kids, because kids shouldn't even free-roam in the car at anytime. If they do, it's dangerous even if they just touch the mirror.
Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

at the end of the day, the rationale is this....

1. rear doors lock must not override from the inside when there are children (read child-lock here), people who free-roam behind like a playground, or police cars when the rear seats are reserved for the criminals Smile

2. Driver door must be able to override all other doors (that's why when driver pull and open the door latch from the inside, all other doors unlock ( or not - depend on vehicle make) or using the central lock/unlock button. But definitely, the driver door will be able to open.
This is a safety feature, and is almost standard in most conti-cars these days (one pull or 2-pull variants exist according to what i know. We can feedback to Kia about making it a double-pull. I'm pretty sure it can be done at CNC or other workshop with our current cars)

3.Front passenger door ----> have this feature or don't have depends on the manufacturer and car make. Some have, some don't have. You can argue with the car designer till the cows come home. Some say need, some say don't need. Whatever it is, unnecessarily opening the door handle when the car is in motion , is 100% a human error. It cannot be counted as an equipment failure.

lebet

Back to top Go down

Post by VAG 16th March 2010, 8:05 am

Tht's why Renault no longer put a lock switch beside the lock handle. So it won't give user a misconception tht the door is permanently locked. some query about the door lock Icon_study
VAG
VAG

Back to top Go down

Post by FriesL 16th March 2010, 11:16 am

lebet wrote:

this one is different la. The recall is about doors not locking, or not staying locked without human intervention. Totally different issue altogether.

The safety feature is to open the car door from the inside, when the doors are already locked. This is a safety feature.. and if i have an issue with it, maybe i hope that it is 2-times pull then the door release. I remembered now that some BMW requires double-pull. And i do hope that kia give me a recall on their cheap plastic light-weight door handles... Smile

If there is an accidental pull from passengers, then it is more of a human error. It has nothing to do with equipment error.
To completely pull the door hatch because accidentally pulled by a human is also really really really very rare. Don't say kids, because kids shouldn't even free-roam in the car at anytime. If they do, it's dangerous even if they just touch the mirror.
Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

at the end of the day, the rationale is this....

1. rear doors lock must not override from the inside when there are children (read child-lock here), people who free-roam behind like a playground, or police cars when the rear seats are reserved for the criminals Smile

2. Driver door must be able to override all other doors (that's why when driver pull and open the door latch from the inside, all other doors unlock ( or not - depend on vehicle make) or using the central lock/unlock button. But definitely, the driver door will be able to open.
This is a safety feature, and is almost standard in most conti-cars these days (one pull or 2-pull variants exist according to what i know. We can feedback to Kia about making it a double-pull. I'm pretty sure it can be done at CNC or other workshop with our current cars)

3.Front passenger door ----> have this feature or don't have depends on the manufacturer and car make. Some have, some don't have. You can argue with the car designer till the cows come home. Some say need, some say don't need. Whatever it is, unnecessarily opening the door handle when the car is in motion , is 100% a human error. It cannot be counted as an equipment failure.

Thanks for the detail explanation, however do take note that our car (IIRC) comes with Auto All doors un-lock during collision. thumbsup i support fully to the double pull door unlock, but dont think i would like to have all doors following the driver door as anyway there is already a switch to do tat..

FriesL

Back to top Go down

Post by nothing 16th March 2010, 1:21 pm

leon76 wrote:
nothing wrote:don't worry, if unknowingly open the front door while driving, u still safe bcos u wear seat belt however if u have habit not to, not too late to start cultivating this good habit....it's the way KIA want us all to put on seat belts.

It's very funny to see ppl with such kind of attitude in facing problems, ya safety belt will save you from falling out, additional bonus ah for it. When ur engine spoil then can go and study car mechanics and repair yourself, additional bonus also from Kia for enfocing you to get an engr degree some query about the door lock 332362 haha

Consumers should be united and voice out, one feedback, two feedback they may not take it seriously, but a hundred feedback they have to recall, that's for your own good and also good for car manufactures to improve. Look at US ppl, not only recall but law case, that's the way

Since u deem it's a design/safety flaw and seriously endanger you or your passenger...no point be a cyber warrior here, take it to CnC and demand an explanation, call in the media, etc.
When I buy the car, I know abt its features, maybe the SE didn't inform you or you didn't bother to find out.....no point coming in car forums to whine about it and be sensitive over comments. Since u idolised the way US pple handle, please take it to the next higher level, hire a lawyer and file a lawsuit against it. Do it, no point talking here.
nothing
nothing

Back to top Go down

Post by leon76 16th March 2010, 5:08 pm

nothing wrote:
leon76 wrote:

Since u deem it's a design/safety flaw and seriously endanger you or your passenger...no point be a cyber warrior here, take it to CnC and demand an explanation, call in the media, etc.
When I buy the car, I know abt its features, maybe the SE didn't inform you or you didn't bother to find out.....no point coming in car forums to whine about it and be sensitive over comments. Since u idolised the way US pple handle, please take it to the next higher level, hire a lawyer and file a lawsuit against it. Do it, no point talking here.

we are here to discuss the problem and gather feedback, that's the purpose of a forum i think, you can stand whatever point you have provided it is logical and sound, but not getting irritated and anyhow firing, that's not mature. Either gonmet or bussiness man are same, one person say they won't get interested, but one hundred person say they have to do something, that's the power of public. Human error are inevitable, car's safety feature are there to reduce errors, otherwise we no need airbag or ABS kind of things. Anyway, tried on my colleague's toyota altis today, driver side can be overided but not front passenger. Called Kia and they asked to bring to the service centre, seems they are not so aware about this feature some query about the door lock Icon_rolleyes

leon76

Back to top Go down

Post by lebet 16th March 2010, 8:46 pm

truthfully, safety features are there to reduce errors. But really, opening the door when the car is in motion is REALLY human FAILURE. It's failure to exercise due diligence and responsibility. And failure to educate passengers on what is safety. i have no idea why your SE didn't tell you. But my SE did say about the door unlock/lock function when i collected my forte.

Quite a wasted trip to go down to kia to let them be aware of this feature. Cerato forte is built quite like a European car specs (look at who's the chief designer for kia now). So things like this door safety feature is pretty standard.

And for the cerato forte, opening the door latch when driving halfway, will trigger it back to lock when the car is moving. Also, for my car, when the engine is running, opening the driver door will not unlock all doors..

lebet

Back to top Go down

Post by damage 16th March 2010, 11:22 pm

Hi

Good to read this and decipher whether same issue or not.

http://www.autoblog.com/2010/02/23/breaking-hyundai-issues-stop-sale-on-2011-sonata-over-possible/

Cheers
D

damage

Back to top Go down

Post by leon76 16th March 2010, 11:49 pm

There's no failure or success i think, just different ways of handling matters, and i rather have a fool proof system to make me worry free while driving instead of keep on telling passengers not to touch the handle, and like our friend said ppl will not fall out even the door is accidently opened cos the belt is there, but i don't want to give them suprise also.

I am still going down to CnC as it's very near my working place, lunch break will do it some query about the door lock Icon_biggrin . even i know they may not do much on it since it's designed, but no harm have a chit chat with them as i am really curious to know what's the purpose of this feature besides let me escape faster during a "kidnap", and finally i am going to ask them disable this "safety" feature even it's chargable, i know they can do it

leon76

Back to top Go down

Post by leon76 16th March 2010, 11:58 pm

Good to read this and decipher whether same issue or not.

http://www.autoblog.com/2010/02/23/breaking-hyundai-issues-stop-sale-on-2011-sonata-over-possible/

Cheers
D

Good infor, will check with CnC when go down

leon76

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down