Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» assay
OPC Query Empty4th August 2011, 10:13 pm by Guest

» APP Leading Website Generator
OPC Query Empty4th August 2011, 11:47 am by Guest

» check-up
OPC Query Empty4th August 2011, 10:03 am by Guest

» Blu-ray to iPad Ripper lift Blu glimmer DVD movies quest of iPad
OPC Query Empty4th August 2011, 8:24 am by Guest

» ubiquitous
OPC Query Empty4th August 2011, 6:07 am by Guest

» South african indian dating. Nz internet dating.
OPC Query Empty3rd August 2011, 8:57 pm by Guest

» WHAT CREEPY IDEA ON YOUTUBE HASN'T ALREADY BEEN DONE YET?
OPC Query Empty3rd August 2011, 7:30 pm by Guest

» buy facebook fan f8
OPC Query Empty3rd August 2011, 3:15 pm by Guest

» division
OPC Query Empty3rd August 2011, 11:43 am by Guest

RSS feeds

MSN 

OPC Query

+44
BeanBag
KnightRider
chiewjy
Friendlyfool
Yewcg
tarepanda_lyh
stepper78
Elixir99
redkoup
nocash
tower7
sc
leon76
shawnseah82
yeufui
KnGp
jeff2510
Hermie
lukester
liplip
JuanST
qbear
htp223
ahd0t
xianren
kapitan
crazyfox
aural
melburn
The Blue Cruiser
ace
S.C
rockstarforte
hobbes
danielg
joepele
astroboy28
Shaq
epig
kevinhwc
scorpey
stalejive
BlackSpider
xenocide
48 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

OPC Query Empty OPC Query

Post by xenocide 24th October 2009, 1:54 pm

Hi fellow Forte owners, OPCs especially.
I wanna ask if its ok to drive from say car park level 4A to 1A washing bay to wash car?
Is it illegal? Cos last nite came back late... got some water "dustlets" wanna wash now...

will i be caught if i drive down to washing bay?
xenocide
xenocide

Back to top Go down

OPC Query Empty Re: OPC Query

Post by BlackSpider 24th October 2009, 1:59 pm

haha wait 2 more hours la.. awhile only..

BlackSpider

Back to top Go down

Post by stalejive 24th October 2009, 2:06 pm

i tink shud be ok bah....
cannot be got tp and rov standby at ur mscp there....hehe
but still to be safe...after 3 la...

stalejive

Back to top Go down

Post by scorpey 24th October 2009, 2:41 pm

can one lah.. i used to move here move there within my open carpark.. so long dun go to road is ok..
scorpey
scorpey

Back to top Go down

Post by xenocide 24th October 2009, 2:41 pm

ai ya now wash clean clean
then 3 can hit the roads already mah
:p

ok... i think have to use SAF "rule". Everything also can. Just dun get caught. LOL
xenocide
xenocide

Back to top Go down

Post by xenocide 24th October 2009, 2:42 pm

scorpey wrote:can one lah.. i used to move here move there within my open carpark.. so long dun go to road is ok..

alright! thanks!
xenocide
xenocide

Back to top Go down

Post by scorpey 24th October 2009, 2:44 pm

FYI, i normall corss a 2-lane road to go from my open carpark to the next MSCP for my car wash during restricted hrs.. but i check for "blind" spots b4 i go.. if go TP i do reverse parking onli.. there is one lot b4 the entrance/ exit OPC Query Icon_razz doing it for 4 yrs no problem at all.. OPC Query Icon_razz
scorpey
scorpey

Back to top Go down

Post by kevinhwc 24th October 2009, 11:21 pm

Aiyah, TP won't kacau u for driving from L4 to L1 in MSCP la.. .. if TP come just tell him you wash car la.. I believe it's not ILLEGAL..

kevinhwc

Back to top Go down

Post by epig 25th October 2009, 2:19 am

xenocide wrote:Hi fellow Forte owners, OPCs especially.
I wanna ask if its ok to drive from say car park level 4A to 1A washing bay to wash car?
Is it illegal? Cos last nite came back late... got some water "dustlets" wanna wash now...

will i be caught if i drive down to washing bay?

bro.. u're allowed to drive anywhere inside a carpark...carpark under HDB or ur Condo mgt... not LTA..
so it's save to drive from l4 to l1 inside carpark.. anywhere inside or outside carpark also ok.. as long as u dont drive into main road then is no prob.
epig
epig

Back to top Go down

Post by Shaq 25th October 2009, 7:36 am

erm guys...i am not too sure about driving in carparks... my mum's friends' son was caught for changing carpark lots in the same carpark during restricted hours....his reason was that the sun is baking his car...then he received a summon...6k...if i am not wrong....mai siao siao...
not worth it...

Shaq

Back to top Go down

Post by astroboy28 25th October 2009, 9:14 pm

i heard stories abt it too. cos i heard that with out a license they can catch u even if u r in a carpark on the driver seat with e engine on
astroboy28
astroboy28

Back to top Go down

Post by kevinhwc 26th October 2009, 8:56 am

Well I think this is really a grey area and if you happen to be summoned you can present your arguements. Frankly speaking, I don't see anything wrong with driving from L4 to L1 for car wash coz you are not hitting the roads. In fact, you are not "using" your car during restricted hours but being a "slave" by cleaning it OPC Query Icon_eek .

People buy car for convenience and you pay for convenience OPC Query Icon_twisted . And you are not using it for your convenience, ie going for shopping or what so ever but washing it, I believe there is room for arguement.

By the way, did your mom's friend's son end up paying the 6k?

kevinhwc

Back to top Go down

Post by scorpey 26th October 2009, 9:50 am

Ya, it is not tat i dun believe those summon cases, but if we go back to basics, the OPC scheme is to ease the congestion on the road during peak hours, wad has it gotto do with moving from one car park lot to another.. and even turing on ur engine?!
If that is really the case, LTA should highlight to opc car owners.. to the extend something like this:
"Usage of opc car is only limited to off-peak period i.e. 7a.m to 7p.m. car owners are reminded it is a serious offence even to turn on ur car engine during restricted hours!"
then i think will be interesting to see what opc owners got to say.. Razz
scorpey
scorpey

Back to top Go down

Post by joepele 26th October 2009, 11:26 am

Actually, if caught driving on the road... who will / who can issue the summon??

LTA?
TP?
Fong Fei Fei?
Cisco?
joepele
joepele

Back to top Go down

Post by scorpey 26th October 2009, 2:03 pm

i was asked to stop n checked by TP on the coupon b4 on the road.. so i guess it TP duties..
scorpey
scorpey

Back to top Go down

Post by danielg 26th October 2009, 2:17 pm

joepele wrote:Actually, if caught driving on the road... who will / who can issue the summon??

LTA?
TP?
Fong Fei Fei?
Cisco?

What/who is Fong Fei Fei? The Taiwanese singer? hahaha... OPC Query Lol
danielg
danielg

Back to top Go down

Post by scorpey 26th October 2009, 2:23 pm

car park atendants..
scorpey
scorpey

Back to top Go down

Post by hobbes 26th October 2009, 2:58 pm

LTA and Cisco can do it too...

hobbes

Back to top Go down

Post by joepele 26th October 2009, 3:18 pm

scorpey wrote:car park atendants..

Bingo.
joepele
joepele

Back to top Go down

Post by Shaq 26th October 2009, 3:23 pm

i couldnt confirm the firgure cos my mum wsnt sure of the amount either. but definitely have such a rule cos i have heard others receiving summon for moving car in a same carpark lot.

The rule did say "usage" when we start engine and move from 1 lot to another does it mean we are using?

Definition from: http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/usage

USAGE: an act of using or employing;

so does it mean we have broken the rule and thus deserve a fine? lt does seems so - we have moved the car

B4 i bought OPC there were many told me that OPC got many problems, to be stopped by TP everytime u drive during restricted hours, etc... but to think of it, if we are diligent enough and follow the rules, probably will have less issues...

In the future, it might be easier for them to track our car location. if not why do they remove the coupon scheme and use online application? How would they know if we have drivien? Somemore we are given up to the next day 12pm to apply for the licence to drive during restricted hours. paperless also mean : "i know u drive your OPC."

dun play play...

Think of this $6K penalty = 300 coupons... worth it?

Shaq

Back to top Go down

Post by rockstarforte 26th October 2009, 3:28 pm

TP / LTA are the official officers

CISC0/AETOS wil the outsource for them whn the new schemes start.
rockstarforte
rockstarforte

Back to top Go down

Post by S.C 26th October 2009, 3:39 pm

So will they define whether moving lots in the same carpark warrants a coupon?

Next time electronic coupon you dunno whether need to put anot next day tio 6K fine angel

S.C

Back to top Go down

Post by Shaq 26th October 2009, 3:41 pm

S.C wrote:So will they define whether moving lots in the same carpark warrants a coupon?

Next time electronic coupon you dunno whether need to put anot next day tio 6K fine OPC Query 612380

no idea man... OPC Query Icon_razz

Shaq

Back to top Go down

Post by rockstarforte 26th October 2009, 3:48 pm

My frd was given a warning for juz warming up his car that was left for 3 weeks whn he was outstation. He left his engine running while he was vacuuming his boot comparment. The officer frm LTA say tat he could be fine for usage w/o valid coupon. WTF!!! My frd explained to the officer tat he just wanted to start up his cold engine tat was left for 3 weeks. Lucky he got away wif juz a warning. Guess it oso depends on the officer on duty, on the ball or not.
rockstarforte
rockstarforte

Back to top Go down

Post by Shaq 26th October 2009, 3:53 pm

rockstarforte wrote:My frd was given a warning for juz warming up his car that was left for 3 weeks whn he was outstation. He left his engine running while he was vacuuming his boot comparment. The officer frm LTA say tat he could be fine for usage w/o valid coupon. WTF!!! My frd explained to the officer tat he just wanted to start up his cold engine tat was left for 3 weeks. Lucky he got away wif juz a warning. Guess it oso depends on the officer on duty, on the ball or not.

wah...guess they are very strict on the definition of usage and use... OPC Query Icon_twisted

Shaq

Back to top Go down

Post by joepele 26th October 2009, 4:06 pm

Sound like an officer throwing his weight around.

Starting the car doesn't seem to be = using his car what?

Kinda crappy man.
joepele
joepele

Back to top Go down

Post by ace 26th October 2009, 4:28 pm

joepele wrote:Sound like an officer throwing his weight around.

Kinda crappy man.

Yeah... get a weighing scale and put it in the car....if you hear this crap....take out the scale and ask him to stand on it....

Seriously, I don't think the government meant the OPC scheme to be such a nuisance....it is the interpretation by the lower rungs of the organisation that rile us all.

ace

Back to top Go down

Post by kevinhwc 26th October 2009, 5:06 pm

On the safe side, why not get an explation from LTA? Anyway, I just drop a feedback to LTA regarding this. Hope they come outwith an answer. I'll post it here. Cheers!

kevinhwc

Back to top Go down

Post by scorpey 26th October 2009, 5:28 pm

hehe.. i did tat not long ago too.. let see if they reply Razz
scorpey
scorpey

Back to top Go down

Post by joepele 26th October 2009, 8:54 pm

ace wrote:
joepele wrote:Sound like an officer throwing his weight around.

Kinda crappy man.

Yeah... get a weighing scale and put it in the car....if you hear this crap....take out the scale and ask him to stand on it....

Seriously, I don't think the government meant the OPC scheme to be such a nuisance....it is the interpretation by the lower rungs of the organisation that rile us all.

The point is to curb cars from going onto the main road to jam up the traffic...

But then... give some authority... macham like army Sargents... they will abuse it to the max...

Use chicken feather and pretend it to be the royal sword...
joepele
joepele

Back to top Go down

Post by The Blue Cruiser 26th October 2009, 9:03 pm

simple, don't turn the engine on then. ask your dear to push your car from behind while you are in the driver seat. that TP can't say you are preparing to leave the carpark as the engine is NOT on!
The Blue Cruiser
The Blue Cruiser

Back to top Go down

Post by joepele 26th October 2009, 11:14 pm

The White Cruiser wrote:simple, don't turn the engine on then. ask your dear to push your car from behind while you are in the driver seat. that TP can't say you are preparing to leave the carpark as the engine is NOT on!

wah... like this also can ah......... OPC Query 332362
joepele
joepele

Back to top Go down

Post by xenocide 27th October 2009, 9:02 am

scorpey wrote:hehe.. i did tat not long ago too.. let see if they reply OPC Query Icon_razz

yeap! OPC Query 332362 OPC Query 332362
xenocide
xenocide

Back to top Go down

Post by melburn 27th October 2009, 2:16 pm

When i was driving OPC last time, i sent my car to a workshop for repairs.
The owner told me that i have to park my car into the garage so that nxt day(weekday) they can do the repair as they are not allowed to even shift the car during restricted hours.

From then on i did not shift my OPC within the carpark during restricted hours, they must have a reason since the workshop guy also say so.

Like what others say, u can try and argue but then again look at the amt of appeal cases in court and hw many of them managed to appeal successfully even though they had a valid reason. 6K is not a small amt and i would not risk it just for a moment of convenient.

just my 2 cents.

OPC Query Icon_wink
melburn
melburn

Back to top Go down

Post by kevinhwc 28th October 2009, 11:33 am

Just got a call from LTA OPC Query Affraidregarding the movement of vehicle in MSCP. Apparently roads inside MSCP are considered public roads (althought it's small bla bla bla), thus driving in the MSCP will constitute a violation of the OPC scheme if no coupon is displayed OPC Query 684438. Guess what it means is that pay money if you wanna wash car during restricted hours. I really wonder if there is any clause in the law that state this. Any lawyers here???

kevinhwc

Back to top Go down

Post by aural 28th October 2009, 11:38 am

Not sure about the law part but my previous car forum, for OPC guys kenna warning because they drove inside the MSCP before. The mere starting of engine is good enough for them to book you. The guy got off with a warning because before he drove to wash his car, he got stopped already. So he quite heng as to only to get a warning according to him.
aural
aural

Back to top Go down

Post by joepele 28th October 2009, 11:40 am

kevinhwc wrote:Just got a call from LTA OPC Query Affraidregarding the movement of vehicle in MSCP. Apparently roads inside MSCP are considered public roads (althought it's small bla bla bla), thus driving in the MSCP will constitute a violation of the OPC scheme if no coupon is displayed OPC Query 684438. Guess what it means is that pay money if you wanna wash car during restricted hours. I really wonder if there is any clause in the law that state this. Any lawyers here???

Why would LTA call you le??
joepele
joepele

Back to top Go down

Post by kevinhwc 28th October 2009, 3:34 pm

joepele wrote:
kevinhwc wrote:Just got a call from LTA OPC Query Affraidregarding the movement of vehicle in MSCP. Apparently roads inside MSCP are considered public roads (althought it's small bla bla bla), thus driving in the MSCP will constitute a violation of the OPC scheme if no coupon is displayed OPC Query 684438. Guess what it means is that pay money if you wanna wash car during restricted hours. I really wonder if there is any clause in the law that state this. Any lawyers here???

Why would LTA call you le??

Coz I left a feedback in their webpage.. Hahaha..was hoping that they say it's alright to drive in MSCP for car wash and get a reply in black n white but... OPC Query Icon_eek got a call from them informing me that it's againts the law...

Anyway, I don't have much opportunity to move my car during restricted hours coz I'm working, unless it's Sat or I'm on leave/ MC. With the new OPC scheme, Sat will no longer be a problem OPC Query Alien

kevinhwc

Back to top Go down

Post by S.C 28th October 2009, 3:36 pm

wah LTA really cmi leh.. I bet they can't even define public lol

S.C

Back to top Go down

Post by crazyfox 28th October 2009, 4:29 pm

This call for a petition!
crazyfox
crazyfox

Back to top Go down

Post by ace 28th October 2009, 4:38 pm

Now I'm curious.....how does the workshop in CnC or otherwise do the test on a car send in for servicing/repairs if they can't be allow on the road....including internal roads.

Put on the trade plate?

ace

Back to top Go down

Post by kevinhwc 28th October 2009, 4:57 pm

ace wrote:Now I'm curious.....how does the workshop in CnC or otherwise do the test on a car send in for servicing/repairs if they can't be allow on the road....including internal roads.

Put on the trade plate?

They are in private road, owned by them.

kevinhwc

Back to top Go down

Post by xenocide 28th October 2009, 5:37 pm

this is so sad then... have to be more careful already...
xenocide
xenocide

Back to top Go down

Post by melburn 29th October 2009, 9:06 am

I think wash car still ok coz u r stationary unless u want to move the vehicle to washing bay in MSCP.
melburn
melburn

Back to top Go down

Post by kevinhwc 29th October 2009, 9:36 am

melburn wrote:

I think wash car still ok coz u r stationary unless u want to move the vehicle to washing bay in MSCP.

Bro Melburn,
You are right. So long you don't move the car, it's ok. I wonder next time get someone to push the car without starting it can ar OPC Query Icon_razz ?

Not sure about the engine ignition though cos some bros here mentioned abt getting warning when starting the car during restricted hours.

kevinhwc

Back to top Go down

Post by kapitan 29th October 2009, 9:40 am

The other thing about this usage term......

If you think you had a little too much to drink and want to sleep off in the car, remember not to sleep on the driver's seat, especially if the engine is running ...

Go lie down in the back or recline the pax seat fully and sleep there....

TP has the right to wake you up if you are sleeping at the driver's seat ... do a b j to check blood alcohol level and charge you if over the limit for having intentions to drive when over the limit.
kapitan
kapitan

Back to top Go down

Post by aural 29th October 2009, 9:40 am

kevinhwc wrote:
melburn wrote:

Bro Melburn,
You are right. So long you don't move the car, it's ok. I wonder next time get someone to push the car without starting it can ar OPC Query Icon_razz ?

Not sure about the engine ignition though cos some bros here mentioned abt getting warning when starting the car during restricted hours.

Do not on the engine or at least until someone can confirm it is ok. The problem of turning on the engine is the authorities can just ask did you just shift your car or something how come the engine is warm also. Wash wash wipe wipe think no problem. But then again if you do extensive washing also got problem in MSCP, cos washing can only be done at washing bay. OPC Query Icon_lol
aural
aural

Back to top Go down

Post by crazyfox 29th October 2009, 9:47 am

The law is blind. The symbol of law, as I remembered it, is a statue with a person holding a scale balance and a sword. The person is also blindfolded.
crazyfox
crazyfox

Back to top Go down

Post by xianren 29th October 2009, 10:32 am

By right cannot, by left so long in MSCP I doubt they will charge you for moving lot from lot within.

Don't tell me that if something like a fire broke out in MSCP for example and your OPC is near it, then I reckon you would definitely want to shift it!?

Just relax...

xianren

Back to top Go down

Post by aural 29th October 2009, 10:33 am

xianren wrote:By right cannot, by left so long in MSCP I doubt they will charge you for moving lot from lot within.

Don't tell me that if something like a fire broke out in MSCP for example and your OPC is near it, then I reckon you would definitely want to shift it!?

Just relax...

Bro read my post above. Got people kenna warned for having intention to shift from parking to washing bay.
aural
aural

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next