Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» assay
Improvements Done / Will Be Doing On Your Forte Empty4th August 2011, 10:13 pm by Guest

» APP Leading Website Generator
Improvements Done / Will Be Doing On Your Forte Empty4th August 2011, 11:47 am by Guest

» check-up
Improvements Done / Will Be Doing On Your Forte Empty4th August 2011, 10:03 am by Guest

» Blu-ray to iPad Ripper lift Blu glimmer DVD movies quest of iPad
Improvements Done / Will Be Doing On Your Forte Empty4th August 2011, 8:24 am by Guest

» ubiquitous
Improvements Done / Will Be Doing On Your Forte Empty4th August 2011, 6:07 am by Guest

» South african indian dating. Nz internet dating.
Improvements Done / Will Be Doing On Your Forte Empty3rd August 2011, 8:57 pm by Guest

» WHAT CREEPY IDEA ON YOUTUBE HASN'T ALREADY BEEN DONE YET?
Improvements Done / Will Be Doing On Your Forte Empty3rd August 2011, 7:30 pm by Guest

» buy facebook fan f8
Improvements Done / Will Be Doing On Your Forte Empty3rd August 2011, 3:15 pm by Guest

» division
Improvements Done / Will Be Doing On Your Forte Empty3rd August 2011, 11:43 am by Guest

RSS feeds

MSN 

Improvements Done / Will Be Doing On Your Forte

+8
astroboy28
balonglong_1979
ozzie75
Kiang
keigo
longbow
chiewjy
JuanST
12 posters

Go down

Improvements Done / Will Be Doing On Your Forte Empty Improvements Done / Will Be Doing On Your Forte

Post by JuanST 30th July 2009, 7:24 pm

Guys and Gals,

Just would like to summarise what u have done and intend to do with ur Forte. So that those who intend to do (like me)... knows who to ask....

I start with my intentions

Bright Silver 1.6SX
Done :
sound clad (underbelly and wheel arches)

Will be DOing
sound clad (4 doors and front wheel)
tyres (goodyear)

Wants to DO but have not decided yet
speakers
rims
JuanST
JuanST

Back to top Go down

Improvements Done / Will Be Doing On Your Forte Empty Re: Improvements Done / Will Be Doing On Your Forte

Post by chiewjy 31st July 2009, 12:03 am

Hmm.. where did you do ur sound clad and for how much?
chiewjy
chiewjy

Back to top Go down

Improvements Done / Will Be Doing On Your Forte Empty Re: Improvements Done / Will Be Doing On Your Forte

Post by JuanST 31st July 2009, 1:26 pm

chiewjy wrote:Hmm.. where did you do ur sound clad and for how much?
FOC from CnC (endercarriage and wheel arches). It will be done in TuffXXXX. Cost = 300

Last edited by juansobrangtamad on 31st July 2009, 1:33 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : clarification which sound clad)
JuanST
JuanST

Back to top Go down

Post by longbow 31st July 2009, 2:04 pm

The future for me:
HID
Rims
Shorter Stiffer Springs
Strut
Light Weight Pulley

In the distant future
Open Pod
Exhaust
longbow
longbow

Back to top Go down

Post by keigo 31st July 2009, 3:09 pm

for me... errr...

Completed:
-Tires
-speakers
-rim still waiting for it to arrive
-LEDS
-SP 4 doors
-2 ways alarms
-other face lifting items..
keigo
keigo

Back to top Go down

Post by chiewjy 31st July 2009, 11:00 pm

My first car and I know next to nothing about what kinds of mods to do.. Haha.. I'm trying to sieve out the must-do and good-to-haves.. Haha.. So far I've only changed the air filter and DIY the a/c insulation.. looking at sound-proofing next..
chiewjy
chiewjy

Back to top Go down

Post by longbow 1st August 2009, 12:01 am

keigo i think sound proofing the floor and wheel arches will be better, the noise comes mainly from there wad
longbow
longbow

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiang 1st August 2009, 12:48 am

come to sound proofing ...
Forte needs a gd sound proofing ....

there are so many types out there, dunno wat is good man
Kiang
Kiang

Back to top Go down

Post by ozzie75 1st August 2009, 3:33 am

I look forward to either Sachs or Bilstein shocks for our ride. Alas...not out yet

ozzie75

Back to top Go down

Post by JuanST 1st August 2009, 10:41 am

today got promo on autobacs.... anyone can comment which one is a good deal?

there is the newspapare promo but the website is this only
http://www.autobacs.com.sg/images/promo_image/CarBuyer_Jul09.pdf
JuanST
JuanST

Back to top Go down

Post by keigo 1st August 2009, 10:11 pm

longbow wrote:keigo i think sound proofing the floor and wheel arches will be better, the noise comes mainly from there wad

O I sound proof the door more for the speaker... Laughing
keigo
keigo

Back to top Go down

Post by balonglong_1979 1st August 2009, 10:37 pm

juansobrangtamad wrote:today got promo on autobacs.... anyone can comment which one is a good deal?

there is the newspapare promo but the website is this only
http://www.autobacs.com.sg/images/promo_image/CarBuyer_Jul09.pdf

nothing in autobacs is cheaper than outside.
i wud only buy things that cannot find outside i.e. some Japanese accesories and car care products.

balonglong_1979

Back to top Go down

Post by astroboy28 1st August 2009, 11:45 pm

i agree.. autobacs items are too ex liao. i will go there for references then go other pl to buy...
astroboy28
astroboy28

Back to top Go down

Post by keigo 1st August 2009, 11:47 pm

astroboy28 wrote:i agree.. autobacs items are too ex liao. i will go there for references then go other pl to buy...

actually do have cheap stuff.. you need to know the outside price before buying...
keigo
keigo

Back to top Go down

Post by muff 2nd August 2009, 12:07 am

autobacs just like courts, Best denki, HN etc....just to check prices of electronic goods and compare their prices to those neighbourhood store before buying.... Very Happy
muff
muff

Back to top Go down

Post by joepele 2nd August 2009, 1:00 am

Saw today's ads about the SP in Autobacs.

Orginal 288 for 4 doors, 2 layers.

But if buy the system from them, SP is 50% off.

Sound like quite a good deal le.
joepele
joepele

Back to top Go down

Post by Siaoster 2nd August 2009, 4:37 am

SP ? wats SP ?
Siaoster
Siaoster

Back to top Go down

Post by JuanST 2nd August 2009, 9:52 am

sound proof
JuanST
JuanST

Back to top Go down

Post by longbow 2nd August 2009, 11:05 pm

Not only that, Autobacs mechanics know nuts. My previous car had some metal screeching sound from the front wheels, went there and the mechanic told me "oh its due to this metal piece there is stuck between your tyre thread, it rub onto the road, making the sound" The "metal piece" was no bigger than 3mm...
longbow
longbow

Back to top Go down

Post by kysoong 3rd August 2009, 9:01 am

cos the mechanic is a smoker?? lol!
kysoong
kysoong

Back to top Go down

Post by joepele 3rd August 2009, 10:01 am

He's not a smoker

Improvements Done / Will Be Doing On Your Forte Lil%20smoker

He's a...

Improvements Done / Will Be Doing On Your Forte Fiddler_crab
joepele
joepele

Back to top Go down

Post by JuanST 3rd August 2009, 11:32 am

Bright Silver 1.6SX
Done :

Will be DOing
tyres (goodyear)

speakers
rims
road runner grill (option 2)
JuanST
JuanST

Back to top Go down

Post by joepele 3rd August 2009, 12:04 pm

juansobrangtamad wrote:Bright Silver 1.6SX
Done :

Will be DOing
tyres (goodyear)

speakers
rims
road runner grill (option 2)

How much is the

As for the speakers... Not sure how much of an Audiophile you are... But I have "auditioned" Pessimmist's EX... the stock system sounds pretty decent.

3 band eq.
Tweeters near the A Pillar.
If you dun mind the sound stage being kinda low... the stock is actually quite decent.

But if you wanna change, you may wanna change the rear speakers to the back rather than the rear door to raise the sound stage.

Or...

Get a decent tweeter which has a wider freq range... and put it near the rear seat's head rest.

But how to run the cable..... beats me.
Smile
joepele
joepele

Back to top Go down

Post by JuanST 3rd August 2009, 12:15 pm

How much is the

FOC from CnC but SE said cost is 300.

For speakers, see see first if after doing SP, still need... thanks for the advice...
JuanST
JuanST

Back to top Go down

Post by joepele 3rd August 2009, 12:20 pm

I heard somewhere that after some time, the Sound Clad will fall off...
joepele
joepele

Back to top Go down

Post by JuanST 3rd August 2009, 12:43 pm

lol..... mabe thats why its free.... grin
JuanST
JuanST

Back to top Go down

Post by joepele 3rd August 2009, 1:00 pm

juansobrangtamad wrote:lol..... mabe thats why its free.... grin

But then again...

When your car system is going Oomz... Twisted Evil Oomz... Twisted Evil Oomz... Twisted Evil Oomz... Twisted Evil Oomz... Oomz...... Twisted Evil

Will road noise matter.
joepele
joepele

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down