Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» assay
Different Shipment, different specs? Empty4th August 2011, 10:13 pm by Guest

» APP Leading Website Generator
Different Shipment, different specs? Empty4th August 2011, 11:47 am by Guest

» check-up
Different Shipment, different specs? Empty4th August 2011, 10:03 am by Guest

» Blu-ray to iPad Ripper lift Blu glimmer DVD movies quest of iPad
Different Shipment, different specs? Empty4th August 2011, 8:24 am by Guest

» ubiquitous
Different Shipment, different specs? Empty4th August 2011, 6:07 am by Guest

» South african indian dating. Nz internet dating.
Different Shipment, different specs? Empty3rd August 2011, 8:57 pm by Guest

» WHAT CREEPY IDEA ON YOUTUBE HASN'T ALREADY BEEN DONE YET?
Different Shipment, different specs? Empty3rd August 2011, 7:30 pm by Guest

» buy facebook fan f8
Different Shipment, different specs? Empty3rd August 2011, 3:15 pm by Guest

» division
Different Shipment, different specs? Empty3rd August 2011, 11:43 am by Guest

RSS feeds

MSN 

Different Shipment, different specs?

+11
lukester
arkaraka
leo
tish
joepele
ctoh
junming
FriesL
Fortise
turbo4ev
kqkhlj
15 posters

Go down

Different Shipment, different specs? Empty Different Shipment, different specs?

Post by kqkhlj 26th July 2009, 9:23 pm

don't know whether its true that there are constant modification to the specs of the car per shipment. Question Question Question Question Question

I am actually praying hard that my forte will come into Singapore about the same specs as what i saw at expo previously.

Keith
farao

kqkhlj

Back to top Go down

Different Shipment, different specs? Empty Re: Different Shipment, different specs?

Post by turbo4ev 26th July 2009, 9:43 pm

why worry? so far the spec seems to be better. other then the EX version
turbo4ev
turbo4ev

Back to top Go down

Different Shipment, different specs? Empty Re: Different Shipment, different specs?

Post by Fortise 26th July 2009, 9:46 pm

Like i mentioned in the other thread, the reason why you will get slightly different specifications / factory built items is because car makers resolves bugs and install newer and enhanced parts to new batches during production. I am sure you won't want to drive or buy a Forte when it never improves right?...
Fortise
Fortise

Back to top Go down

Post by FriesL 26th July 2009, 9:52 pm

think i share some worry to TS POV..
Problem is.. i.e for instant, during my booking folding mirror is optional, now it seems to have added in as standard.. now after such long wait.. (3mths) should i still need to topup for that?

FriesL

Back to top Go down

Post by kqkhlj 26th July 2009, 9:55 pm

Fortise wrote:Like i mentioned in the other thread, the reason why you will get slightly different specifications / factory built items is because car makers resolves bugs and install newer and enhanced parts to new batches during production. I am sure you won't want to drive or buy a Forte when it never improves right?...

yeh, lets hope they keep on improving and MIK quality can outshine the MIJ cars.

kqkhlj

Back to top Go down

Post by kqkhlj 26th July 2009, 9:57 pm

turbo4ev wrote:why worry? so far the spec seems to be better. other then the EX version

oh no... i booked a EX auto, err.... they don't improve the EX version? why har?

kqkhlj

Back to top Go down

Post by junming 26th July 2009, 9:58 pm

Ya my friend bought a forte ex auto and get it a few days afer my 1.6sx. He got side folding mirror (original) but i don't have. He cannot adjust his head light but mine can. Somemore his is a ex. i rather have the side folding mirror
junming
junming

Back to top Go down

Post by kqkhlj 26th July 2009, 9:59 pm

FriesL wrote:think i share some worry to TS POV..
Problem is.. i.e for instant, during my booking folding mirror is optional, now it seems to have added in as standard.. now after such long wait.. (3mths) should i still need to topup for that?

hehe, if they want top ups, maybe you can ask them to take away the folding, EX or SX?

kqkhlj

Back to top Go down

Post by Fortise 26th July 2009, 10:17 pm

kqkhlj wrote:
turbo4ev wrote:why worry? so far the spec seems to be better. other then the EX version

oh no... i booked a EX auto, err.... they don't improve the EX version? why har?
kqkhlj, EX is the base variant, so there must be some difference from the SX.
Fortise
Fortise

Back to top Go down

Post by kqkhlj 26th July 2009, 10:28 pm

er... i am a very new newbie to cars, if i sound abit stupid, please forgive me. still trying to learn alot from this forum, i am getting my car in around 1 month time and still don't know how to maintain my car, hai..... chiam liao....

kqkhlj

Back to top Go down

Post by ctoh 26th July 2009, 10:59 pm

junming wrote:Ya my friend bought a forte ex auto and get it a few days afer my 1.6sx. He got side folding mirror (original) but i don't have. He cannot adjust his head light but mine can. Somemore his is a ex. i rather have the side folding mirror

side folding mirrior can be done outside @ $300.
ctoh
ctoh

Back to top Go down

Post by joepele 27th July 2009, 10:05 am

Funny...

My SE told me that the SX comes with the folding mirror.
joepele
joepele

Back to top Go down

Post by tish 27th July 2009, 11:22 am

joepele wrote:Funny...

My SE told me that the SX comes with the folding mirror.
that is your batch of SX, ours dont have BK/folding mirror/ gps and leather panels on the doors...
tish
tish

Back to top Go down

Post by leo 27th July 2009, 11:26 am

i thought the folding mirror is not factory installed but 3rd party installed but comes together when you get your car?

leo

Back to top Go down

Post by FriesL 27th July 2009, 11:32 am

that the issue.. now tat its within standard list.. and some bros here got it surprise.. now imagine for those long waited cust.. having to top for that?

FriesL

Back to top Go down

Post by tish 27th July 2009, 11:36 am

leo wrote:i thought the folding mirror is not factory installed but 3rd party installed but comes together when you get your car?
yes, given but locally fitted... sorry i think my posted out of the topic... lol
tish
tish

Back to top Go down

Post by arkaraka 27th July 2009, 11:43 am

leo wrote:i thought the folding mirror is not factory installed but 3rd party installed but comes together when you get your car?

i am not sure if its 3rd party or not. But i know it comes with the EX and has a button on the near the steering wheel to open/close.
I push the button twice too fast when i was at the showroom. The folding mirror kinda 'jammed' cos the mirror need some time to response to open/close. LOL! 8)

Come to think of it, it might be 3rd party.
arkaraka
arkaraka

Back to top Go down

Post by joepele 27th July 2009, 12:15 pm

Actually, if you see the agreement when you sign for the car...

We allow C&C to make changes to the "details" of the "accessories" w/o prior notice or something like that.

So, please confirm what you are getting from your SEs before agreeing to sign.

Coz some bros here may decide to buy the SX because of the 17" rims... but then changed to 15".... then it that bro may feel that he was misrepresented.
joepele
joepele

Back to top Go down

Post by leo 27th July 2009, 12:52 pm

arkaraka wrote:

i am not sure if its 3rd party or not. But i know it comes with the EX and has a button on the near the steering wheel to open/close.
I push the button twice too fast when i was at the showroom. The folding mirror kinda 'jammed' cos the mirror need some time to response to open/close. LOL! 8)

Come to think of it, it might be 3rd party.

if its the same as the model in the showroom, then its 3rd party installed...factory fitted ones if i am not mistaken, the open and close buttion should be just above the button on the door controlling the angle of the side mirrors with a picture of the open/close function imprinted on the button itself.

leo

Back to top Go down

Post by junming 27th July 2009, 8:36 pm

ctoh wrote:
junming wrote:Ya my friend bought a forte ex auto and get it a few days afer my 1.6sx. He got side folding mirror (original) but i don't have. He cannot adjust his head light but mine can. Somemore his is a ex. i rather have the side folding mirror

side folding mirrior can be done outside @ $300.

But his wan is free. KNS.. lol Evil or Very Mad
junming
junming

Back to top Go down

Post by lukester 27th July 2009, 9:01 pm

I have folding mirror,but after one month I think so-so niah.

can live without it.

everytime I must wait till my mirror to open then I can start engine.

Only good thing is dun need to worry ppl walk pass and bump ur mirror.

I think all batches after May should have regardless SX or EX. thats what the SE in LK told me in May. Unless they change lah.

Anyway, there is a clause in ur contract. It should say something like, as per test driven. So if ur test drive got means got. hope that helps.

If cannot tahan, I think sms ur SE. Which I did. Cos I go LK to see see, but book Ubi, was worried at first they got diff specs.
lukester
lukester

Back to top Go down

Post by 1Seth1 30th July 2009, 7:20 pm

not sure lah.. but all i know is that i want what i saw the day i bought my car, if you wanna add, that's fine. you wanna remove then i'll bite you. =D
1Seth1
1Seth1

Back to top Go down

Post by muff 30th July 2009, 7:32 pm

If everytime start/shut down engine, side mirror will open/close and if 1 day only start/shut twice (only go work & go home), electric motor will run 4 times x 365 days = 1460 times in a year....

Wonder how many years will the motor last ? scratch
muff
muff

Back to top Go down

Post by waypoint 30th July 2009, 7:42 pm

There is a lone button switch on the right side of your steering wheel where the dimmer for the console lights are. Press and hold until you hear a beep.

The folding mirror has two modes; one auto-deploys and folds the mirror when the electricals are turned on and off respectively. The other is a manual mode where the mirror will fold or deploy when the same button is depressed for a split second.

BR,
w a y

muff wrote:If everytime start/shut down engine, side mirror will open/close and if 1 day only start/shut twice (only go work & go home), electric motor will run 4 times x 365 days = 1460 times in a year....

Wonder how many years will the motor last ? scratch
waypoint
waypoint

Back to top Go down

Post by kysoong 30th July 2009, 10:30 pm

aiyoh, just take it as a bonus if got additional improvements... else be glad that everything is the same as u saw when book the car... Rolling Eyes

worst scenario... no improvements, yet inherent faults (e.g. knocking sound, chipped window) still exist... Surprised
kysoong
kysoong

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down