Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» assay
Recomendation Required : what netbook specs and brand is good? Empty4th August 2011, 10:13 pm by Guest

» APP Leading Website Generator
Recomendation Required : what netbook specs and brand is good? Empty4th August 2011, 11:47 am by Guest

» check-up
Recomendation Required : what netbook specs and brand is good? Empty4th August 2011, 10:03 am by Guest

» Blu-ray to iPad Ripper lift Blu glimmer DVD movies quest of iPad
Recomendation Required : what netbook specs and brand is good? Empty4th August 2011, 8:24 am by Guest

» ubiquitous
Recomendation Required : what netbook specs and brand is good? Empty4th August 2011, 6:07 am by Guest

» South african indian dating. Nz internet dating.
Recomendation Required : what netbook specs and brand is good? Empty3rd August 2011, 8:57 pm by Guest

» WHAT CREEPY IDEA ON YOUTUBE HASN'T ALREADY BEEN DONE YET?
Recomendation Required : what netbook specs and brand is good? Empty3rd August 2011, 7:30 pm by Guest

» buy facebook fan f8
Recomendation Required : what netbook specs and brand is good? Empty3rd August 2011, 3:15 pm by Guest

» division
Recomendation Required : what netbook specs and brand is good? Empty3rd August 2011, 11:43 am by Guest

RSS feeds

MSN 

Recomendation Required : what netbook specs and brand is good?

+4
KingJerry
winn
liplip
JuanST
8 posters

Go down

Recomendation Required : what netbook specs and brand is good? Empty Recomendation Required : what netbook specs and brand is good?

Post by JuanST 30th January 2010, 11:04 am

need to buy a netbook. pls specify specs and brand - which u will consider good. and any lobang if u have.... Recomendation Required : what netbook specs and brand is good? Icon_smile
JuanST
JuanST

Back to top Go down

Recomendation Required : what netbook specs and brand is good? Empty Re: Recomendation Required : what netbook specs and brand is good?

Post by liplip 30th January 2010, 12:47 pm

Essentially, all netbooks are nearly the same, even if there are lots of brands available. There is a simple way to summarise the available specs:

New netbook versus old:
New netbooks use the N450 processor, old ones come with N270 or N280. The N450 is much better, but pricewise will surely be higher than the older processors. How bad is the old processors? Those are technology from many years ago repackaged by Intel to test water, who knew the netbook market shot up so high...

Ion graphic card versus new netbook:
Though the old netbook technology had a lousy graphic card and small screen, and the new one has similar problems with a more powerful graphic card, the Ion graphic card is not a perfect answer because a netbook screen is still small for comfortable gaming and it most likely erases the long battery life that a netbook was designed for...

Mobile usage:
If you/your son wants on-the-go usage, go for internal 3G internet modem, which will immediately limit the options available. Some telcos will give you the modem free, which is also fine if you go for that but there is always something jutting out from the side... a small nuisance to some?

My netbook is the Dell mini 9 (now discontinued) with the built-in SIM for 3G, and the built-in 3G is the weak link as it overheats till the internet link drops, and it burns your lap...

News articles typically like the MSI Wind, the HP mini, Asus (who is the first kid on the block). Because they are mostly the same from brand to brand, you might want to look out for the CNY promos in today's papers, Courts pushes limited sets each weekend at $333.

liplip

Back to top Go down

Recomendation Required : what netbook specs and brand is good? Empty Re: Recomendation Required : what netbook specs and brand is good?

Post by winn 30th January 2010, 1:08 pm

JuanST wrote:need to buy a netbook. pls specify specs and brand - which u will consider good. and any lobang if u have.... Recomendation Required : what netbook specs and brand is good? Icon_smile

heh bro. I think you need to describe your usage patterns Razz

mobility or not, power or not Razz ... price range will somehow be about there.. once your needs are clear.
winn
winn

Back to top Go down

Post by KingJerry 30th January 2010, 1:14 pm

I've seen many people using lenovo S10-2. It's only $499. Quite a steal!
KingJerry
KingJerry

Back to top Go down

Post by waypoint 30th January 2010, 1:40 pm

Try www.jolicloud.com o/s on your netbooks today... I have mine on a laptop PC even.
waypoint
waypoint

Back to top Go down

Post by JuanST 30th January 2010, 3:32 pm

winn wrote:
JuanST wrote:need to buy a netbook. pls specify specs and brand - which u will consider good. and any lobang if u have.... Recomendation Required : what netbook specs and brand is good? Icon_smile

heh bro. I think you need to describe your usage patterns Razz

mobility or not, power or not Razz ... price range will somehow be about there.. once your needs are clear.

for my son - school usage.... actually i have no idea what they require.... Recomendation Required : what netbook specs and brand is good? Icon_redface
JuanST
JuanST

Back to top Go down

Post by kapitan 30th January 2010, 5:22 pm

u wanna second hand??
kapitan
kapitan

Back to top Go down

Post by ano57 30th January 2010, 7:08 pm

patrick.. simi netbook... .cheap lobang .. come share share. hehehe
ano57
ano57

Back to top Go down

Post by liplip 30th January 2010, 9:22 pm

There is a chance that the school that he is going will offer some recommended laptops, right?

liplip

Back to top Go down

Post by frozen335 30th January 2010, 11:57 pm

i suggest tat you wait for the Asus 1005HE as its the new model of the one im currectly using Asus 1005HA, they did a few upgrades n i feel they did a great job n maintain the long battery life of 10.5hrs, in fact, if u play Maple, according to ur profile pic, ur battery life at most last 6hrs oni, but it's definitely better than the rest. I played MapleStory on my 1005HA and it dint hav much lag with only 1gb ram. At 1st, u would think tat Maple would nt load on netbook but ur guys r so wrong!!
so coming back to the Asus 1005HE, i hav no idea when it is coming in and i hope that they keep the 1005H models price max at $699 cos i bought mine at $699, preloaded with win7. and addition 98$ for 2nd n 3rd year warranty, since im a careful user =(

frozen335

Back to top Go down

Post by JuanST 31st January 2010, 10:54 am

ok... noted... but i wont let him put any games on it.... Recomendation Required : what netbook specs and brand is good? Icon_smile
games will only be allowed on the desktops at home....
JuanST
JuanST

Back to top Go down

Post by JuanST 31st January 2010, 10:55 am

liplip wrote:There is a chance that the school that he is going will offer some recommended laptops, right?

is this normal practice?
JuanST
JuanST

Back to top Go down

Post by JuanST 31st January 2010, 10:57 am

specs so far
cpu : N450
brand : lenovo or asus
price : 500 to 700
thumb drive : 16gb

do i need external hard drive?
JuanST
JuanST

Back to top Go down

Post by frozen335 31st January 2010, 12:25 pm

JuanST wrote:specs so far
cpu : N450
brand : lenovo or asus
price : 500 to 700
thumb drive : 16gb

do i need external hard drive?

you wont ned as these netbooks comes with 250GB hdd if u get the win7 one.
if u get the win xp, its only 160gb. n ur child, correct me if im wrong, wont ned to use up so much space as my Asus 1005HA, win7, 250gb hard disk, i still gt 200gb left to use despite havin maple, dota, blackshot, sudden attack and a thousand songs. If u wan to save up money, $100 less, u can get the 1005HA, win xp, 160gb hdd, 1gb ram, only 598, but of cos, its already "old" in a sense, it comes with win xp... and most retailer lik courts n best denki only left display set. YES, display set, means ppl touch touch, spam n whack the keyboard.

frozen335

Back to top Go down

Post by liplip 31st January 2010, 9:35 pm

I think Starhub still having their free netbook promo if you sign up 2yr 8Mbps plan... It's an Asus with the newer CPU.

liplip

Back to top Go down

Post by frozen335 31st January 2010, 10:11 pm

liplip wrote:I think Starhub still having their free netbook promo if you sign up 2yr 8Mbps plan... It's an Asus with the newer CPU.

oh yes! the singtel n starhub game has jus started!!
singtel is offering cheaper price while
starhub is offering freebies!!
i tout tat tis promotion was lik long long ago over already!!

frozen335

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down