Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» assay
Driver's and front passenger's door able to open from the inside even when they are locked Empty4th August 2011, 10:13 pm by Guest

» APP Leading Website Generator
Driver's and front passenger's door able to open from the inside even when they are locked Empty4th August 2011, 11:47 am by Guest

» check-up
Driver's and front passenger's door able to open from the inside even when they are locked Empty4th August 2011, 10:03 am by Guest

» Blu-ray to iPad Ripper lift Blu glimmer DVD movies quest of iPad
Driver's and front passenger's door able to open from the inside even when they are locked Empty4th August 2011, 8:24 am by Guest

» ubiquitous
Driver's and front passenger's door able to open from the inside even when they are locked Empty4th August 2011, 6:07 am by Guest

» South african indian dating. Nz internet dating.
Driver's and front passenger's door able to open from the inside even when they are locked Empty3rd August 2011, 8:57 pm by Guest

» WHAT CREEPY IDEA ON YOUTUBE HASN'T ALREADY BEEN DONE YET?
Driver's and front passenger's door able to open from the inside even when they are locked Empty3rd August 2011, 7:30 pm by Guest

» buy facebook fan f8
Driver's and front passenger's door able to open from the inside even when they are locked Empty3rd August 2011, 3:15 pm by Guest

» division
Driver's and front passenger's door able to open from the inside even when they are locked Empty3rd August 2011, 11:43 am by Guest

RSS feeds

MSN 

Driver's and front passenger's door able to open from the inside even when they are locked

+13
Terrier
FriesL
melburn
leo
eeyore79
lukester
nothing
joepele
turbo4ev
orichi11
Cowstalker
Fortec
bate81
17 posters

Go down

Driver's and front passenger's door able to open from the inside even when they are locked Empty Driver's and front passenger's door able to open from the inside even when they are locked

Post by bate81 7th July 2009, 1:09 am

Hey guys, have you tried opening the front passenger and driver's door from the inside when they are in locked position? Mine could, but not for the rear doors. Clueless abt this fuction though.... Have anyone here tried?

bate81

Back to top Go down

Driver's and front passenger's door able to open from the inside even when they are locked Empty Re: Driver's and front passenger's door able to open from the inside even when they are locked

Post by Fortec 7th July 2009, 1:26 am

call ur SE and ask him not to be a slacker.
Fortec
Fortec

Back to top Go down

Driver's and front passenger's door able to open from the inside even when they are locked Empty Re: Driver's and front passenger's door able to open from the inside even when they are locked

Post by Cowstalker 7th July 2009, 1:31 am

Eh functionality... Might be considered dangerous but don't u hate it when your sitting in front and you want to open the door but got to fiddle with the lock? If your worried bout children opening the door, best to use child lock...

Cowstalker

Back to top Go down

Post by orichi11 7th July 2009, 1:42 am

Think this is a safety feature. in case of any emergency, just open the door and leave. my previous ride also like that. It only applies to the front door. the back door is equip with childlock, so no point having the feature.

orichi11

Back to top Go down

Post by turbo4ev 7th July 2009, 9:34 am

according to someone who ask his SE in this forum, its a standard feature. i find it funny also.
turbo4ev
turbo4ev

Back to top Go down

Post by joepele 7th July 2009, 9:48 am

My understanding is that this is the norm for the driver's side...

But can you confirm again for the passenger's side?
joepele
joepele

Back to top Go down

Post by turbo4ev 7th July 2009, 9:52 am

front passenger side also can open, only the back cannot, until u unlock or pull out the key
turbo4ev
turbo4ev

Back to top Go down

Post by nothing 7th July 2009, 1:04 pm

even when the door lock is engaged, both driver and front passenger door can be open from inside with first unlocking it...but not so for the rear 2 doors...it's the inherent design features...
nothing
nothing

Back to top Go down

Post by lukester 7th July 2009, 1:17 pm

I thought this topic has been discussed somewhere before?

It is basically front can open, back cannot because of child safety?
lukester
lukester

Back to top Go down

Post by eeyore79 7th July 2009, 1:32 pm

Child lock can be turn on and off from the side of the rear door. if on it can only be open from outside even if u unlock from inside
eeyore79
eeyore79

Back to top Go down

Post by leo 8th July 2009, 12:07 pm

kinda like bimmer but for bimmer, you have to pull twice

leo

Back to top Go down

Post by melburn 8th July 2009, 12:16 pm

I tot this is a normal feature? All my previous cars are the same.
melburn
melburn

Back to top Go down

Post by bate81 8th July 2009, 2:48 pm

Normal? I din know that. haha.. My mazda 3 does not have this feature. My friends' Civic and Fit don't either. What if a kid is sitting at the front passenger's seat and has itchy hands, open the door even when its locked? Smile

bate81

Back to top Go down

Post by FriesL 8th July 2009, 4:56 pm

hmm.. i tot in the feature.. it should be accident then auto unlock all doors... ?? just hope this is not another localize corner cut.. or its meant to be "auto unlock doors" as of the case now? eeek

FriesL

Back to top Go down

Post by Terrier 9th July 2009, 12:57 am

dont worry.. at the speed of 40km your car will auto lock.. and as long your car is cruising regardless what speed.. u try to unlock it will auto lock back till u come to a full stop den can open when it lock.

This feature is to help e.g. if you met an accident.. the car will auto unlock.. and when cruising no one can jump off car to commit suicide.. 1 bad point is.. e.g. your car is going down hill and u want to jump out of car.. you cannot cause the car will keep auto lock back!! cruising mah =X (watch too much movie already =.=''')
Terrier
Terrier

Back to top Go down

Post by FriesL 9th July 2009, 1:45 am

Haaa... bro Terrier.. yeah.. to much movies,,, lol!

FriesL

Back to top Go down

Post by bate81 10th July 2009, 1:37 am

eh bro... i tired opening my door from the inside at 60km/h while driving when its locked. Still could be opened leh... haha...

bate81

Back to top Go down

Post by turbo4ev 10th July 2009, 9:54 am

ya loh, i tried it also, it did lock back but the door is already open
turbo4ev
turbo4ev

Back to top Go down

Post by joepele 10th July 2009, 10:06 am

But does the other cars "keep" the door locked?
joepele
joepele

Back to top Go down

Post by bate81 10th July 2009, 10:09 am

haha... other cars i drove b4 not as "high tech" as this forte... i think its very unsafe.......

bate81

Back to top Go down

Post by leo 10th July 2009, 10:19 am

actually i find that it is a bit unsafe. they should have done it like for bimmers where you actually have to pull the lever twice before opening...

leo

Back to top Go down

Post by antzng 10th July 2009, 10:59 am

I thought it is the same as Merc, when you have locked, but once you pull it will be opened immediately.
antzng
antzng

Back to top Go down

Post by FriesL 10th July 2009, 11:01 am

turbo4ev wrote:ya loh, i tried it also, it did lock back but the door is already open

woo... worrying... but just to check, do we need to release the lock before pulling the door handle? or we just pull and it opens instantly?

scratch

FriesL

Back to top Go down

Post by bate81 10th July 2009, 11:11 am

you can just open the door by pulling the handle regardless if the door is locked or not. Even when the car is traveling at 60km/h. Smile

bate81

Back to top Go down

Post by liplip 10th July 2009, 11:39 am

bate81 wrote:you can just open the door by pulling the handle regardless if the door is locked or not. Even when the car is traveling at 60km/h. Smile

You tried 60km/h? My daughter tried for me is at 10-20km/h, front passenger side.

liplip

Back to top Go down

Post by bate81 10th July 2009, 11:42 am

yeah... i tried opening at 60km/hr because of the auto lock feature above 40km/h. haha...

bate81

Back to top Go down

Post by kysoong 10th July 2009, 12:32 pm

but quite cumbersome when u parked the vehicle & u want to get something from the rear seat while engine is still idle - opening the driver's door does not automatically open all the doors. Suspect
kysoong
kysoong

Back to top Go down

Post by dandeana21 10th July 2009, 12:40 pm

bate81 wrote:Hey guys, have you tried opening the front passenger and driver's door from the inside when they are in locked position? Mine could, but not for the rear doors. Clueless abt this fuction though.... Have anyone here tried?

at the rear doors, there is a small knob which u can actually push up or down.. That one is the safety catch which will help to prevent opening of the door from inside.. not sure if ppl standing outside can open the door coz me din play wif dat switch thing..
dandeana21
dandeana21

Back to top Go down

Post by joepele 10th July 2009, 1:58 pm

dandeana21 wrote:at the rear doors, there is a small knob which u can actually push up or down.. That one is the safety catch which will help to prevent opening of the door from inside.. not sure if ppl standing outside can open the door coz me din play wif dat switch thing..

That is the child lock... it prevents the child from opening the door from the inside.
joepele
joepele

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down