Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» assay
Questions on 1k servicing - Page 2 Empty4th August 2011, 10:13 pm by Guest

» APP Leading Website Generator
Questions on 1k servicing - Page 2 Empty4th August 2011, 11:47 am by Guest

» check-up
Questions on 1k servicing - Page 2 Empty4th August 2011, 10:03 am by Guest

» Blu-ray to iPad Ripper lift Blu glimmer DVD movies quest of iPad
Questions on 1k servicing - Page 2 Empty4th August 2011, 8:24 am by Guest

» ubiquitous
Questions on 1k servicing - Page 2 Empty4th August 2011, 6:07 am by Guest

» South african indian dating. Nz internet dating.
Questions on 1k servicing - Page 2 Empty3rd August 2011, 8:57 pm by Guest

» WHAT CREEPY IDEA ON YOUTUBE HASN'T ALREADY BEEN DONE YET?
Questions on 1k servicing - Page 2 Empty3rd August 2011, 7:30 pm by Guest

» buy facebook fan f8
Questions on 1k servicing - Page 2 Empty3rd August 2011, 3:15 pm by Guest

» division
Questions on 1k servicing - Page 2 Empty3rd August 2011, 11:43 am by Guest

RSS feeds

MSN 

Questions on 1k servicing

+26
baldieyan
mighty meow
boardrider02
ctoh
kapitan
Fortec
nothing
ForKia
turbo4ev
Friendlyfool
junming
Duser
mwerkz
keigo
Protege
Potatoes
chiewjy
lukester
joepele
fonefun610
tish
nocash
saturnz^83
Juz@kid
ck7373
liewgm
30 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Questions on 1k servicing - Page 2 Empty Re: Questions on 1k servicing

Post by tish 14th July 2009, 9:34 pm

lol, ok lets back to topic liao we super OT and may need to open new thread...

1K servicing 800+ also can go do first, doing early due to no time to do next week is acceptable. do early better than do late right Smile
tish
tish

Back to top Go down

Post by ctoh 25th July 2009, 1:00 pm

Did my 1k service today. Went in at 7am. Only seen my car driven away for servicing at 8.30am.

The lady asked if there is any knocking sound, I said I didn't notice. She checked her PC and said my batch is ok. At 9am, she told me that they will be changing the bumper rubber and this will take another 1+hr.

Collected my car at 10.15am - car already washed, paid $51.36

Invoice written: Head lamp condensation is caused by humidity level of atmosphere

What does this mean? Everytime it rains, headlights WILL become foggy if they are off? Hey, we have 4 fog lights!
ctoh
ctoh

Back to top Go down

Post by boardrider02 25th July 2009, 1:04 pm

they will change the bumper rubber like they did to mine becoz i told them about it.it solved initially.but recently, i think i heard it coming again.
boardrider02
boardrider02

Back to top Go down

Post by ck7373 26th July 2009, 2:45 am

Oh i didn't know their pc can check which batch got problem? May i presume 3rd batch onwards all are ok? Mine seem ok, no knock sound. Collected my ride on 3 Jun.
ck7373
ck7373

Back to top Go down

Post by nocash 26th July 2009, 1:02 pm

boardrider02 wrote:they will change the bumper rubber like they did to mine becoz i told them about it.it solved initially.but recently, i think i heard it coming again.

Woah!!! so fast... scratch
nocash
nocash

Back to top Go down

Post by mighty meow 27th July 2009, 12:31 pm

Hi guys... any idea which service center operate till veri late juz nice fit into our after work timing? cos i need to go for my 1k service but still not veri sure of the timing cos by looking in here i believe it will takes a few hrs to complete the service.
mighty meow
mighty meow

Back to top Go down

Post by baldieyan 29th July 2009, 2:01 pm

mighty meow wrote:Hi guys... any idea which service center operate till veri late juz nice fit into our after work timing? cos i need to go for my 1k service but still not veri sure of the timing cos by looking in here i believe it will takes a few hrs to complete the service.

This is the qoute from previous postings:

Quote:
e service centre at leng kee open til midnite on thur. send in mine
bout 730pm n its ready ard 845pm. while waiting, me drink free coffee
inside e showroom n chill on e red sofa...
Unquote

baldieyan

Back to top Go down

Post by mighty meow 29th July 2009, 3:09 pm

but i called leng kee and ask about the operating hrs they say till 7pm and sat till 12.30 pm.. weird never say anything about thursday late night ... hmm
mighty meow
mighty meow

Back to top Go down

Post by baldieyan 29th July 2009, 3:21 pm

mighty meow wrote:but i called leng kee and ask about the operating hrs they say till 7pm and sat till 12.30 pm.. weird never say anything about thursday late night ... hmm

This is what I got from the C&C web page about their operating hours:
To
serve you better, we have extended our operating hours at our Service
Centres at Leng Kee Road and Pandan Gardens to 9pm on every Thursday
(except public holidays that fall on Thursdays).

Questions on 1k servicing - Page 2 Dot

baldieyan

Back to top Go down

Post by baldieyan 29th July 2009, 3:23 pm

baldieyan wrote:
mighty meow wrote:but i called leng kee and ask about the operating hrs they say till 7pm and sat till 12.30 pm.. weird never say anything about thursday late night ... hmm

This is what I got from the C&C web page about their operating hours:
To
serve you better, we have extended our operating hours at our Service
Centres at Leng Kee Road and Pandan Gardens to 9pm on every Thursday
(except public holidays that fall on Thursdays)

Questions on 1k servicing - Page 2 Dot

baldieyan

Back to top Go down

Post by leo 29th July 2009, 3:25 pm

what i did was to drop off my car the night before and collect the next day...however it seems like the SE does not really know what to do...i went back during lunch (after receiving a call to say its done) but when i got there..the SE was off on lunch and one problem still not rectified yet!

leo

Back to top Go down

Post by Daniel^Bigcow 29th July 2009, 3:43 pm

Mighty Meow!! I sending in my car tomorrow morning then come office. Gonna collect at 7pm. :-)

Doing it at Lengkee. Dunno where you work though so lengkee might be a problem. Call them up to make appointment if you want. :-)
Daniel^Bigcow
Daniel^Bigcow

Back to top Go down

Post by hapifrut 29th July 2009, 4:08 pm

I went to Ubi to my 1k servicing. Booked 7am from the website. 6:45am ETA, 7:15am only the Service Advisor came. 8:30am only the service technicians start working. 1pm Service technicians will knock off on Saturdays.

They couldn't guarantee General Servicing and other repairs to be completed before 1pm as I was told if change bumper cushion, it will take 4 hours. If really cannot complete in time, will need to collect on Monday. So, have to arrange another trip for other repairs.

Was told also if wanna solve weird noise problem (rubbing of the front passenger seat against the arm rest), they'll hv to call up the leather guys to do some trimming. Whatever that means...

Also brought my own Shell Semi-synthetic Engine Oil, but was told need to pay disposable fees of $30 if use my own.

WTF!!!

hapifrut

Back to top Go down

Post by Daniel^Bigcow 29th July 2009, 4:16 pm

Hahaha!! Ohh yeah...... question time. :-)

How much money should I bring along for my 1st servicing?? :-)

Should be just servicing and the knocking sound from tyre. :-)

Actually had the steering wheel problem/sound. But then for the last 2 weeks, dun seem to hear anything anymore. :-)

They dun charge for all these rite?? Only the oil rite?? Hehehe!! Cant remember the last time I went for servicing. Hehehehe!! :-)
Daniel^Bigcow
Daniel^Bigcow

Back to top Go down

Post by leo 29th July 2009, 4:25 pm

1st service..i paid 51.xx

leo

Back to top Go down

Post by hapifrut 29th July 2009, 4:40 pm

Hi Daniel, you should try this. Upon collection of your car, tell them u don't have enough money Very Happy Afterall, they only mention Free Servicing for 1k and 5k. What do we understand from Free?

On 2nd thought, better not la... I think they'll ask u to bring enough money and come redeem your car the next day.

Anyway, they accept Credit card and Nets as well.

hapifrut

Back to top Go down

Post by Daniel^Bigcow 29th July 2009, 4:49 pm

Credit card swipe to the max and bank no money how to use nets?? Hehehe!! If I say that then how ahh?? Hehehehe!! :-)

so actually $100 more than enough rite?? Hehehe!! :-)
Daniel^Bigcow
Daniel^Bigcow

Back to top Go down

Post by mighty meow 29th July 2009, 5:03 pm

haa daniel ... ya should be enough ba...

Btw i'm going down leng kee on friday morning for the 1k service... any 1 going on that day too? ke ke
mighty meow
mighty meow

Back to top Go down

Post by chiewjy 29th July 2009, 9:53 pm

I'll be down at LK on Fri morning to replace the dampener rubber. Completed my 1K last week but the rubber was out of stock then.. But I'll come in pretty early ~ 7.30am to make sure I'm the first car!! haha.. I'm blue, red-plate SJR.. Do say hi if you see me.. Hah..

I'll 'shun4 bian4' ask them to adjust my handbrake, wash car, vacumn and check my tire pressure for me.. Heh..

My car still jerks a bit when I put to P and engage handbrake.. dunno if anyone else has this problem.. i've had my handbrake tightened already.. hmm
chiewjy
chiewjy

Back to top Go down

Post by mighty meow 30th July 2009, 12:59 am

oic... haa mine too hand break problem too... alot more to solve haizs..

ok sure will look for you when i see your car hee.. btw mine is a white forte sjr too... come say hi to mi too if u see mi ^^
mighty meow
mighty meow

Back to top Go down

Post by dreamzzlandz 30th July 2009, 3:51 am

A few days ago, I helped my bf to send in his forte to Leng Kee at 10.30am.. and waited until 5.30pm then got the car.. waited so so long!!!! ( initially wanted to send in to Ubi, but heard Leng Kee service was better, so no choice drive to leng kee)

and I only feedbacked these problems:

- knock knock sound when drive over humps
- steering wheel more towards the left
- hand brake too high..

But I wonder they change any thing because its not stated on the receipt. Cost SG$51.36. ( including spraying of water.. not really wash..)

Waited at their showrooms, drank many cups of kopi.. their free pcs are all wall mounted, so have to stand to use.. Sad

But then I finally saw red and metal bronze forte in front of me.. and they are very nice colors.. ( Metal bronze, titanium silver, red, white, bright silver, white, blue are all very nice colors)

I told my bf his dark cherry is the 3rd most awful color out of the 11.. should have asked him to change to change to any of the above mentioned colors....

When I was waiting at the showroom,a customer was deciding between dark cherry and metal bronze from the color discs on the TV wall, I was so tempted to tell me to take metal bronze, dont take dark cherry like us, because will regret.

And there, I talked to an SE, and confirmed that its indeed better to buy at Leng Kee showroom where they can offer customers freebies as they are the distributors. And Ubi showrooms ( under fulco) is just their distributors.. No wonder Ubi SEs all all niao with their freebies.
dreamzzlandz
dreamzzlandz

Back to top Go down

Post by Juz@kid 30th July 2009, 6:01 am

baldieyan wrote:
mighty meow wrote:Hi guys... any idea which service center operate till veri late juz nice fit into our after work timing? cos i need to go for my 1k service but still not veri sure of the timing cos by looking in here i believe it will takes a few hrs to complete the service.

This is the qoute from previous postings:

Quote:
e service centre at leng kee open til midnite on thur. send in mine
bout 730pm n its ready ard 845pm. while waiting, me drink free coffee
inside e showroom n chill on e red sofa...

Unquote

hey mighty meow n baldieyan,,,

as mention in e quote, its me dat send my car in for 1k servicing at LK on thur nite. i call e service centre bout e midnite service n was told dat as long my car dun cum later than 9pm, shld be ok for their mech to service coz by e time e car is ready for collection is already close to midnite for them to close shop. do take note dat doesnt mean they open til midnite, u can send in ur car at 10pm coz 9pm is their cut-off time. i did mention bout e knocking sound but was told by e frenly mech dat its best to send in e car during e day coz e repair work may take longer hours or e whole day. so guyz,, its ur choice.... Laughing
Juz@kid
Juz@kid

Back to top Go down

Post by nothing 30th July 2009, 8:52 am

Anyone find out more abt their express lane servicing? Saw at LK wkshop, there are few express service bays available....
nothing
nothing

Back to top Go down

Post by Duser 30th July 2009, 7:23 pm

Maybe xpress lane service for those car basic servicing like EO change only..

Duser

Back to top Go down

Post by nothing 30th July 2009, 7:47 pm

4 hrs??ubi technician trying to smoke u...I sent in my car for servicing on sat morning, 8am reach LK, ask them to check steering sound..while they servicing my car, saw them taking out my steering wheel to check...after my smoke break, saw my front rim out, was surprised and was told they r changing my damper since they have stock ,anyway mine doesn't have the knocking sound....by 11 30am they informed me car ready liao.....
nothing
nothing

Back to top Go down

Post by chiewjy 30th July 2009, 10:53 pm

I suppose they will always quote us a longer time than realistically required cuz the customer won't mind collecting early but will blow his top if the car is late!

And if you tell the mechs a long list of problems you want them to rectify then obviously they will take longer to find the problem, esp if the problem only surfaces intermittently, they could take one whole day just to isolate the cause.. So yea if you want to make full use of your servicing time go ahead and highlight all that needs to be rectified but be prepared for the servicing to take up to one full day.

Mighty Meow I guess I won't see you on Fri liao cuz I'm down with fever. I don't suppose you'll want to see me at LK either! Have fun and hope ur 1K goes smoothly... Smile
chiewjy
chiewjy

Back to top Go down

Post by mighty meow 31st July 2009, 12:40 am

ooh... hope you get well soon bro... ya i will be going down tomorrow for the 1 k service... theres alot more problem to solve tml will update u ghuys on the problem sloving after tml service...

so far problem i have...:

1) knock knock sound ( i suppose have )
2) LHS rear window have tick tick sound when cleaning using alittle bit strength
3) car tents to move more to the left side while driving stright...
4)solar film got air bubble
5) when collect the car, theres a tin fine line ( scratch ) on the front headlight bonnet area need to touch up i guess
6) the lever to open the boot need to pull till like its going to break off dan can open up... need to adjust alittle.
7) hand break when in use will tents to roll back when parking... need to adjust alittle too

guess thats all i have for now... hope all this can be solve by tomorrow ba... cheers ^^
mighty meow
mighty meow

Back to top Go down

Post by dreamzzlandz 3rd August 2009, 3:02 am

For those of you who had changed your damper because of the knock knock sound over humps.. was it indicated on the receipt that they had changed the damper?

I waited 7 hours for the car to be serviced when I was at Leng kee last week. We had thought Leng kee provides better service and that Ubi no stock for the damper. Sad
dreamzzlandz
dreamzzlandz

Back to top Go down

Post by chiewjy 3rd August 2009, 11:22 pm

I had my damper rubber changed today. Nothing indicated on the receipt. The mech who serviced my car was no where to be found when I collected my car at the service ctr.

No knocking sound thereafter so far when I passed thru the little humps on my way out of C&C LK, but I will cont. to monitor the next few days...

My FC meter went up from 9.x to 11... I dunno wad they did to my car the few hours it was there... Same thing happened during my 1K...
chiewjy
chiewjy

Back to top Go down

Post by kapitan 3rd August 2009, 11:28 pm

chiewjy wrote:I had my damper rubber changed today. Nothing indicated on the receipt. The mech who serviced my car was no where to be found when I collected my car at the service ctr.

No knocking sound thereafter so far when I passed thru the little humps on my way out of C&C LK, but I will cont. to monitor the next few days...

My FC meter went up from 9.x to 11... I dunno wad they did to my car the few hours it was there... Same thing happened during my 1K...

they probably started your car, blow blow your engine a little, left it to idle, push a probe into the exhaust and did some diagnostics with the computer.....
kapitan
kapitan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2